Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR200B
Description: microRNA 200b
- Adam L, Zhong M, Choi W, Qi W, Nicoloso M, Arora A, et al. miR-200 expression regulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in bladder cancer cells and reverses resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5060-72 pubmed publisher..The targets of miR-200 include ERRFI-1, which is a novel regulator of EGFR-independent growth. ..
- Hu X, Macdonald D, Huettner P, Feng Z, El Naqa I, Schwarz J, et al. A miR-200 microRNA cluster as prognostic marker in advanced ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;114:457-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, our study suggests that miR-200 miRNAs could play an important regulatory role in ovarian cancer. ..
- Kurashige J, Kamohara H, Watanabe M, Hiyoshi Y, Iwatsuki M, Tanaka Y, et al. MicroRNA-200b regulates cell proliferation, invasion, and migration by directly targeting ZEB2 in gastric carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19 Suppl 3:S656-64 pubmed publisher..miR-200b regulates ZEB2 expression and thus controls metastasis in gastric cancer. ..
- Iliopoulos D, Lindahl Allen M, Polytarchou C, Hirsch H, Tsichlis P, Struhl K. Loss of miR-200 inhibition of Suz12 leads to polycomb-mediated repression required for the formation and maintenance of cancer stem cells. Mol Cell. 2010;39:761-72 pubmed publisher..The interaction between miR-200 and Suz12 is highly conserved, suggesting that it represents an ancient regulatory mechanism to control the growth and function of stem cells. ..
- Chen Y, Ge W, Xu L, Qu C, Zhu M, Zhang W, et al. miR-200b is involved in intestinal fibrosis of Crohn's disease. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:601-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that miR-200b was overexpressed in the serum of the fibrosis group. The results suggest that miR-200b has potential value for diagnostic and therapeutic applications for CD patients with fibrosis complications. ..
- Park S, Gaur A, Lengyel E, Peter M. The miR-200 family determines the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells by targeting the E-cadherin repressors ZEB1 and ZEB2. Genes Dev. 2008;22:894-907 pubmed publisher..Conversely, inhibition of miR-200 reduced E-cadherin expression, increased expression of Vimentin, and induced EMT. Our data identify miR-200 as a powerful marker and determining factor of the epithelial phenotype of cancer cells. ..
- Men D, Liang Y, Chen L. Decreased expression of microRNA-200b is an independent unfavorable prognostic factor for glioma patients. Cancer Epidemiol. 2014;38:152-6 pubmed publisher..miR-200b may be a novel and valuable signature for predicting the clinical outcome of patients with gliomas. ..
- Uhlmann S, Zhang J, Schwager A, Mannsperger H, Riazalhosseini Y, Burmester S, et al. miR-200bc/429 cluster targets PLCgamma1 and differentially regulates proliferation and EGF-driven invasion than miR-200a/141 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:4297-306 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the miR-200 family has a tumor-suppressor function by negatively regulating EGF-driven cell invasion, viability and cell cycle progression in breast cancer. ..
- Meng F, Henson R, Lang M, Wehbe H, Maheshwari S, Mendell J, et al. Involvement of human micro-RNA in growth and response to chemotherapy in human cholangiocarcinoma cell lines. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:2113-29 pubmed..Alterations in miRNA expression contribute to tumor growth and response to chemotherapy. Aberrantly expressed miRNA or their targets will provide mechanistic insight and therapeutic targets for cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Li A, Omura N, Hong S, Vincent A, Walter K, Griffith M, et al. Pancreatic cancers epigenetically silence SIP1 and hypomethylate and overexpress miR-200a/200b in association with elevated circulating miR-200a and miR-200b levels. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5226-37 pubmed publisher..The elevated serum levels of miR-200a and miR-200b in most patients with pancreatic cancer could have diagnostic utility. ..
- Leskela S, Leandro García L, Mendiola M, Barriuso J, Inglada Pérez L, Munoz I, et al. The miR-200 family controls beta-tubulin III expression and is associated with paclitaxel-based treatment response and progression-free survival in ovarian cancer patients. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2011;18:85-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these microRNAs might constitute the biomarkers of response to paclitaxel-based treatments and relapse/progression of advanced stage ovarian carcinoma patients. ..
- Wee E, Peters K, Nair S, Hulf T, Stein S, Wagner S, et al. Mapping the regulatory sequences controlling 93 breast cancer-associated miRNA genes leads to the identification of two functional promoters of the Hsa-mir-200b cluster, methylation of which is associated with metastasis or hormone receptor status in. Oncogene. 2012;31:4182-95 pubmed publisher..These data suggest an association between miR-200b regulation and breast cancer subtype and a potential use of DNA methylation of miRNA promoters as a component of a suite of breast cancer biomarkers. ..
- Tong J, Fu Y, Xu X, Fan S, Sun H, Liang Y, et al. TGF-?1 stimulates human Tenon's capsule fibroblast proliferation by miR-200b and its targeting of p27/kip1 and RND3. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:2747-56 pubmed publisher..The effect of miR-200b on the proliferation of HTFs was analyzed using both miR200b-mimic and inhibitor-transfected HTFs and confirmed in p27/kip1 and RND3 (the target of miR-200b) knockdown cells...
- Zununi Vahed S, Omidi Y, Ardalan M, Samadi N. Dysregulation of urinary miR-21 and miR-200b associated with interstitial fibrosis and tubular atrophy (IFTA) in renal transplant recipients. Clin Biochem. 2017;50:32-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, they can be considered as potential diagnostic biomarkers for renal allograft monitoring. ..
- Pieraccioli M, Imbastari F, Antonov A, Melino G, Raschellà G. Activation of miR200 by c-Myb depends on ZEB1 expression and miR200 promoter methylation. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2309-20 pubmed publisher..and gene silencing that the proto-oncogene c-Myb activates the expression of the 5 members of miR200 family (miR200b, miR200a, miR429, miR200c and miR141) that are involved in the control of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) ..
- Kong X, Ding X, Li X, Gao S, Yang Q. 53BP1 suppresses epithelial-mesenchymal transition by downregulating ZEB1 through microRNA-200b/429 in breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:982-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that 53BP1 functioned as a tumor suppressor gene by its novel negative control of EMT through regulating the expression of miR-200b/429 and their target gene ZEB1. ..
- Hess A, Müer A, Mairinger F, Weichert W, Stenzinger A, Hummel M, et al. MiR-200b and miR-155 as predictive biomarkers for the efficacy of chemoradiation in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2017;77:3-12 pubmed publisher..The predictive role of miR-155 deserves further investigation, especially within the framework of clinical trials of CRTX/immune checkpoint inhibitor combinations. ..
- Zeng F, Xue M, Xiao T, Li Y, Xiao S, Jiang B, et al. MiR-200b promotes the cell proliferation and metastasis of cervical cancer by inhibiting FOXG1. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;79:294-301 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-200b silence was proposed to inhibit tumor growth in vivo, implying its therapeutic value in cervical cancer treatment. ..
- Eisenberg I, Nahmias N, Novoselsky Persky M, Greenfield C, Goldman Wohl D, Hurwitz A, et al. Elevated circulating micro-ribonucleic acid (miRNA)-200b and miRNA-429 levels in anovulatory women. Fertil Steril. 2017;107:269-275 pubmed publisher..Although it is unclear whether this altered miRNA expression profile is a cause or a result of anovulation, the levels of these molecules in the serum of anovulatory women may serve as serum biomarkers for the ovulation process. ..
- Gui Z, Luo F, Yang Y, Shen C, Li S, Xu J. Oridonin inhibition and miR?200b?3p/ZEB1 axis in human pancreatic cancer. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:111-120 pubmed publisher..In vivo, oridonin inhibited the cancer migration in the nude mouse model though inhibiting EMT. ..
- Li J, Yuan J, Yuan X, Zhao J, Zhang Z, Weng L, et al. MicroRNA-200b inhibits the growth and metastasis of glioma cells via targeting ZEB2. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:541-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miRâ€‘200b acts as a novel tumor suppressor in glioma, and thus may become a promising therapeutic candidate for glioma. ..
- Wang Z, Humphries B, Xiao H, Jiang Y, Yang C. MicroRNA-200b suppresses arsenic-transformed cell migration by targeting protein kinase C? and Wnt5b-protein kinase C? positive feedback loop and inhibiting Rac1 activation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18373-86 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that miR-200b suppresses arsenic-transformed cell migration by targeting PKC? and Wnt5b-PKC? positive feedback loop and subsequently inhibiting Rac1 activation. ..
- Wang Y, Xu X, Yu S, Jeong K, Zhou Z, Han L, et al. Systematic characterization of A-to-I RNA editing hotspots in microRNAs across human cancers. Genome Res. 2017;27:1112-1125 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the importance of miRNA editing in gene regulation and suggests its potential as a biomarker for cancer prognosis and therapy. ..
- Souza M, Kuasne H, Barros Filho M, Cilião H, Marchi F, Fuganti P, et al. Circulating mRNAs and miRNAs as candidate markers for the diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184094 pubmed publisher..The miR-200c expression showed association with Gleason score and miR-200b, with bone metastasis, bilateral tumor, and PSA > 10.0 ng/mL. The combination of circulating mRNA and miRNA was useful for the diagnosis and prognosis of PCa. ..
- Skrha P, Horinek A, Pazourkova E, Hajer J, Fric P, Skrha J, et al. Serum microRNA-196 and microRNA-200 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma of patients with diabetes mellitus. Pancreatology. 2016;16:839-43 pubmed publisher..Adding miRNA-196 and -200 to the current marker CA 19-9 improved the discriminative ability of the test (compared to CA 19-9 alone). MicroRNA-196 and -200 could be used as additional markers in PAC diagnosis. ..
- Xiao Y, Wang J, Chen Y, Zhou K, Wen J, Wang Y, et al. Up-regulation of miR-200b in biliary atresia patients accelerates proliferation and migration of hepatic stallate cells by activating PI3K/Akt signaling. Cell Signal. 2014;26:925-32 pubmed publisher..In view of the putative pathogenic role of miR-200b in HSCs, miR-200b may constitute a potential marker for HSC activation and liver fibrosis progression. ..
- Wang B, Li J, Liu Y, Xu Q. MicroRNA-200b suppresses the invasion and migration of hepatocellular carcinoma by downregulating RhoA and circRNA_000839. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317719577 pubmed publisher..001). Taken together, our data suggest that miR-200b could mediate RhoA gene and circ_000839 to form endogenous competition. And this is a direction for the association study of miR-200b and RhoA in the future. ..
- Humphries B, Wang Z, Oom A, Fisher T, Tan D, Cui Y, et al. MicroRNA-200b targets protein kinase C? and suppresses triple-negative breast cancer metastasis. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:2254-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-200b and PKC? may serve as promising therapeutic targets for metastatic TNBC. ..
- Tsai S, Lin C, Shih T, Tseng R, Yu M, Lin Y, et al. The miR-200b-ZEB1 circuit regulates diverse stemness of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2035-2047 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the miR-200b-ZEB1 circuit is a master regulator of diverse stemness of HCC, which differentiates HCCs into those containing CD13+ /CD24+ CSCs from those containing EpCAM+ CSCs. ..
- Pereira Terra P, Deprest J, Kholdebarin R, Khoshgoo N, DeKoninck P, Munck A, et al. Unique Tracheal Fluid MicroRNA Signature Predicts Response to FETO in Patients With Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Ann Surg. 2015;262:1130-40 pubmed publisher..Human fetal hypoplastic CDH lungs have a specific miR-200/miR-10a signature. Survival after FETO is associated with increased miR-200 family expression. miR-200b overexpression in CDH lungs results in decreased TGF-Î²/SMAD signaling. ..
- Chen D, Huang J, Feng B, Pan B, De W, Wang R, et al. Histone deacetylase 1/Sp1/microRNA-200b signaling accounts for maintenance of cancer stem-like cells in human lung adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109578 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the HDAC1/miR-200b/Suz-12-E-cadherin signaling might account for maintenance of CSCs and formation of chemoresistant phenotype in docetaxel-resistant LAD cells. ..
- Christoffersen N, Silahtaroglu A, Orom U, Kauppinen S, Lund A. miR-200b mediates post-transcriptional repression of ZFHX1B. RNA. 2007;13:1172-8 pubmed..Overexpression of miR-200b leads to repression of endogenous ZFHX1B, and inhibition of miR-200b relieves the repression of ZFHX1B. In accordance with these findings, miR-200b regulates the activity of the E-cadherin promoter. ..
- Tang S, Bonaroti J, Unlu S, Liang X, Tang D, Zeh H, et al. Sweating the small stuff: microRNAs and genetic changes define pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2013;42:740-59 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs are involved in DNA repair, cell cycle, and cell invasion and also play important roles in promoting metastases. ..
- Infante T, Mancini F, Lanza A, Soricelli A, de Nigris F, Napoli C. Polycomb YY1 is a critical interface between epigenetic code and miRNA machinery after exposure to hypoxia in malignancy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:975-86 pubmed publisher..001). Given the regulatory functions of VEGFA on cellular activities to promote neoangiogenesis, we conclude that YY1 acts as novel critical interface between epigenetic code and miRNAs machinery under chronic hypoxia in malignancy. ..
- Kurashige J, Mima K, Sawada G, Takahashi Y, Eguchi H, Sugimachi K, et al. Epigenetic modulation and repression of miR-200b by cancer-associated fibroblasts contribute to cancer invasion and peritoneal dissemination in gastric cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:133-41 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence that CAFs reduce miR-200b expression and promote tumor invasion through epigenetic changes of miR-200b in gastric cancer. Thus, CAFs might be a therapeutic target for inhibition of gastric cancer. ..
- Chen D, Pan B, Huang J, Zhang K, Cui S, De W, et al. HDAC 1/4-mediated silencing of microRNA-200b promotes chemoresistance in human lung adenocarcinoma cells. Oncotarget. 2014;5:3333-49 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that the HDAC1/4/Sp1/miR-200b/E2F3 pathway is responsible for chemoresistance of docetaxel-resistant LAD cells. ..
- Cao Q, Lu K, Dai S, Hu Y, Fan W. Clinicopathological and prognostic implications of the miR-200 family in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:2392-401 pubmed..The three miRNAs could be attractive therapeutic targets in patients with advanced-stage EOCs. ..
- Yu J, Lu Y, Cui D, Li E, Zhu Y, Zhao Y, et al. miR-200b suppresses cell proliferation, migration and enhances chemosensitivity in prostate cancer by regulating Bmi-1. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:910-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-200b plays vital roles as a tumor-suppressor by targeting Bmi-1 and may be a promising therapeutic target for PCa treatment. ..
- Lin H, Mahon K, Spielman C, Gurney H, Mallesara G, Stockler M, et al. Phase 2 study of circulating microRNA biomarkers in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1002-1011 pubmed publisher..20-7.70, P=0.000001). The signature was an independent predictor in multivariable analysis with clinicopathological factors. The association of circulating microRNAs with overall survival suggests their involvement in CRPC progression. ..
- Zhang S, Zhang G, Liu J. Long noncoding RNA PVT1 promotes cervical cancer progression through epigenetically silencing miR-200b. APMIS. 2016;124:649-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings confirmed that PVT1 functions as an oncogene in cervical cancer and indicated that PVT1 is not only an important prognostic marker, but also a potential therapy target for cervical cancer. ..
- Sossey Alaoui K, Bialkowska K, Plow E. The miR200 family of microRNAs regulates WAVE3-dependent cancer cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33019-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a novel mechanism for the regulation of WAVE3 expression in cancer cells has been identified, which controls the invasive properties and morphology of cancer cells associated with their metastatic potential. ..
- Asakura T, Yamaguchi N, Ohkawa K, Yoshida K. Proteasome inhibitor-resistant cells cause EMT-induction via suppression of E-cadherin by miR-200 and ZEB1. Int J Oncol. 2015;46:2251-60 pubmed publisher..Since suppression of ZEB1 in Ish/EXM cells by treatment with its siRNA did not restore the miR-200 family expression, miR-200 family was placed upstream of ZEB1 to regulate the expression. ..
- Zhou R, Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Fu S, Wang C. Aberrant miR-21 and miR-200b expression and its pro-fibrotic potential in hypertrophic scars. Exp Cell Res. 2015;339:360-6 pubmed publisher..that the expression of miR-21 and miR-200b are related to a disorder, and the TGF-Î²/miR-21/Smad7 and TGF-Î²/miR200b/Zeb1 pathways might participate in the pathogenesis of HS...
- Huang W, Kuo S, Cheng A, Lin C. Inhibition of ZEB1 by miR-200 characterizes Helicobacter pylori-positive gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with a less aggressive behavior. Mod Pathol. 2014;27:1116-25 pubmed publisher..pylori-positive gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphomas with a less aggressive behavior. ..
- Cantini L, Isella C, Petti C, Picco G, Chiola S, Ficarra E, et al. MicroRNA-mRNA interactions underlying colorectal cancer molecular subtypes. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8878 pubmed publisher..These results show that, by combining statistical tests, target prediction and network analysis, MMRA effectively identifies microRNAs functionally associated to cancer subtypes. ..
- Choi P, Ng S. The Functions of MicroRNA-200 Family in Ovarian Cancer: Beyond Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Taken together, miR-200s play a significant role in the initiation, progression and metastasis of ovarian cancer and may serve as diagnostic biomarkers and a target in therapeutic development. ..
- Zuberi M, Mir R, Das J, Ahmad I, Javid J, Yadav P, et al. Expression of serum miR-200a, miR-200b, and miR-200c as candidate biomarkers in epithelial ovarian cancer and their association with clinicopathological features. Clin Transl Oncol. 2015;17:779-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-200a, miR-200b, and miR-200c overexpressions are associated with the aggressive tumor progression and be recognized as reliable markers to predict the prognosis and survival in EOC patients. ..
- Senfter D, Holzner S, Kalipciyan M, Staribacher A, Walzl A, Huttary N, et al. Loss of miR-200 family in 5-fluorouracil resistant colon cancer drives lymphendothelial invasiveness in vitro. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:3689-98 pubmed publisher..The data support the notion that horizontal miR-200 signalling prevents the permeation of cells into adjacent epithelia and contributes to organ integrity. ..
- Guo L, Wang J, Yang P, Lu Q, Zhang T, Yang Y. MicroRNA-200 promotes lung cancer cell growth through FOG2-independent AKT activation. IUBMB Life. 2015;67:720-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings also provide evidence that increased miR-200 expression may contribute to early lung tumorigenesis and that AKT inhibitors may be useful for the treatment of miR-200-dependent tumor cell growth. ..
- Xue X, Zhang Y, Zhi Q, Tu M, Xu Y, Sun J, et al. MiR200-upregulated Vasohibin 2 promotes the malignant transformation of tumors by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Commun Signal. 2014;12:62 pubmed publisher..VASH2 promoted invasion, reduced apoptosis and increased the proportion of stem cells in vitro and in vivo. These results indicated that VASH2 expression in HCC cells promotes the malignant transformation of tumors by inducing EMT. ..
- Zhang H, Zhang K, Liao L, Li L, Du Z, Wu B, et al. miR-200b suppresses invasiveness and modulates the cytoskeletal and adhesive machinery in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells via targeting Kindlin-2. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:292-301 pubmed publisher..The tumor suppressor effects of miR-200b may be due to its suppression of Kindlin-2, a novel target of miR-200b that modulates actin cytoskeleton, FA formation and the migratory/invasiveness properties of ESCC. ..
- Wendlandt E, Graff J, Gioannini T, McCaffrey A, Wilson M. The role of microRNAs miR-200b and miR-200c in TLR4 signaling and NF-?B activation. Innate Immun. 2012;18:846-55 pubmed publisher..These data define miRNAs miR-200b and miR-200c as factors that modify the efficiency of TLR4 signaling through the MyD88-dependent pathway and can thus affect host innate defenses against microbial pathogens. ..
- Zidar N, Bostjancic E, Jerala M, Kojc N, Drobne D, Stabuc B, et al. Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and up-regulation of Snail and Slug in inflammatory bowel diseases - hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1813-20 pubmed publisher..The described expression patterns are consistent with the notion that fibrosis does not occur only in CD but also in UC, being much more severe in CD. ..
- Song F, Yang D, Liu B, Guo Y, Zheng H, Li L, et al. Integrated microRNA network analyses identify a poor-prognosis subtype of gastric cancer characterized by the miR-200 family. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:878-89 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered a key microRNA regulatory network that defines the mesenchymal gastric cancer subtype significantly associated with poor overall survival in gastric cancer. ..
- Liu W, Qi L, Lv H, Zu X, Chen M, Wang J, et al. MiRNA-141 and miRNA-200b are closely related to invasive ability and considered as decision-making biomarkers for the extent of PLND during cystectomy. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:92 pubmed publisher..Detection of miRNA-141 and miRNA-200b can help to identify patients undergoing cystectomy who are likely to have lymph node metastasis, and therefore those who may benefit from super-extended PLND. ..
- Hudcova K, Raudenska M, Gumulec J, Binkova H, Horáková Z, Kostrica R, et al. Expression profiles of miR-29c, miR-200b and miR-375 in tumour and tumour-adjacent tissues of head and neck cancers. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:12627-12633 pubmed
- Cai J, Liu X, Cheng J, Li Y, Huang X, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-200 is commonly repressed in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and targets cyclin E2. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:523-31 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that miRNAs were dysregulated in conjunctival MALT lymphoma, and dysregulation of the miR-200 family could be involved in the pathogenesis and progression of the disease. ..
- Meng X, Muller V, Milde Langosch K, Trillsch F, Pantel K, Schwarzenbach H. Circulating Cell-Free miR-373, miR-200a, miR-200b and miR-200c in Patients with Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;924:3-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the increased serum levels of this microRNA panel have diagnostic value for distinguishing healthy controls and benign tumors from EOC. ..
- Shang Y, Chen H, Ye J, Wei X, Liu S, Wang R. HIF-1?/Ascl2/miR-200b regulatory feedback circuit modulated the epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in colorectal cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:243-256 pubmed publisher..Our results confirmed a novel HIF-1?/Ascl2/miR-200b regulatory feedback circuit in modulating EMT-MET plasticity of CRC cells, which could serve as a possible therapeutic target. ..
- Gomaa A, Elsayed E, Moftah R. MicroRNA-200b Expression in the Vitreous Humor of Patients with Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Ophthalmic Res. 2017;58:168-175 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to identify the miRNA-200b-targeted genes involved in the pathogenesis of PDR and to examine the potential role of miRNA-200b as a target for PDR treatment. ..
- Ragusa M, Majorana A, Banelli B, Barbagallo D, Statello L, Casciano I, et al. MIR152, MIR200B, and MIR338, human positional and functional neuroblastoma candidates, are involved in neuroblast differentiation and apoptosis. J Mol Med (Berl). 2010;88:1041-53 pubmed publisher..Through the positional gene candidate approach, we have identified three MIRs (MIR152, MIR200B, and MIR338) that are located in regions frequently altered in neuroblastoma (NB) and target mRNAs encoding ..
- Zhou W, Ye X, Xu J, Cao M, Fang Z, Li L, et al. The lncRNA H19 mediates breast cancer cell plasticity during EMT and MET plasticity by differentially sponging miR-200b/c and let-7b. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Abundance of H19, GIT2, and CYTH3 in patient samples further suggests that H19 might be exploited as a biomarker for metastatic cells within breast tumors and perhaps as a therapeutic target to prevent metastasis. ..
- Kyritsi K, Meng F, Zhou T, Wu N, Venter J, Francis H, et al. Knockdown of Hepatic Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone by Vivo-Morpholino Decreases Liver Fibrosis in Multidrug Resistance Gene 2 Knockout Mice by Down-Regulation of miR-200b. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1551-1565 pubmed publisher..Targeting the GnRH/GnRHR1/miR-200b axis may be key for the management of hepatic fibrosis during the progression of PSC. ..
- Zhao C, Ma Z, Mou S, Yang Y, Zhang Y, Yao W. Targeting effect of microRNA on CD133 and its impact analysis on proliferation and invasion of glioma cells. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, overexpression of miR-200b inhibited the proliferation, invasion, and migration of glioma cells possibly through targeting CD133. ..
- Zhang Z, Lanz R, Xiao L, Wang L, Hartig S, Ittmann M, et al. The tumor suppressive miR-200b subfamily is an ERG target gene in human prostate tumors. Oncotarget. 2016;7:37993-38003 pubmed publisher..Although induction of the tumor suppressive miR-200b subfamily by oncogenic ERG appears to be counterintuitive, it is consistent with the observation that the vast majority of primary prostate cancers are slow-growing and indolent. ..
- Janiak M, Paskal W, Rak B, Garbicz F, Jarema R, Sikora K, et al. TIMP4 expression is regulated by miR-200b-3p in prostate cancer cells. APMIS. 2017;125:101-105 pubmed publisher..Concluding, miR-200b-3p mediates regulation of TIMP4 expression in prostate cancer but exact mechanism needs to be investigated. ..
- Hong H, Yu H, Yuan J, Guo C, Cao H, Li W, et al. MicroRNA-200b Impacts Breast Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion by Regulating Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1946-52 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS MiR-200b participates in breast cancer cell migration and invasion through regulating ERM in MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231. ..
- Han H, Du Y, Zhao W, Li S, Chen D, Zhang J, et al. PBX3 is targeted by multiple miRNAs and is essential for liver tumour-initiating cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8271 pubmed publisher..In addition, the expression of CACNA2D1 and PBX3 mRNA is predictive of poor prognosis for HCC patients. Collectively, our study identifies an essential signalling pathway that controls the switch of HCC TIC phenotypes. ..
- Kim J, Choi G, Ko K, Kim J, Oh S, Park Y, et al. Association of the Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in microRNAs 130b, 200b, and 495 with Ischemic Stroke Susceptibility and Post-Stroke Mortality. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0162519 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the functional SNP of miR-200b might be responsible for the susceptibility to large-artery atherosclerotic stroke. ..
- Humphries B, Wang Z, Li Y, Jhan J, Jiang Y, Yang C. ARHGAP18 Downregulation by miR-200b Suppresses Metastasis of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer by Enhancing Activation of RhoA. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4051-4064 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results define opposing roles for oncogenic ARHGAP18 and tumor suppressive miR-200b in determining TNBC cell migration and metastatic prowess. Cancer Res; 77(15); 4051-64. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Li Z, Wu X, Gu L, Shen Q, Luo W, Deng C, et al. Long non-coding RNA ATB promotes malignancy of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by regulating miR-200b/Kindlin-2 axis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2888 pubmed publisher..Dysregulated miR-200b/Kindlin-2 signaling mediated the oncogenic activity of lnc-ATB in ESCC. Our results suggest that lnc-ATB predicts poor prognosis and may serve as a potential therapeutic target for ESCC patients. ..
- Wu X, Liu W, Zeng K, Lei H, Zhang Q, Zhou S, et al. Advanced glycation end products activate the miRNA/RhoA/ROCK2 pathway in endothelial cells. Microcirculation. 2014;21:178-86 pubmed publisher..Further studies are necessary to evaluate the therapeutic value of targeting miRNAs or their target genes for treatment of vascular diseases. ..
- Zhang J, Yao Q, Kuang Y, Ma Y, Yang L, Huang H, et al. Prognostic value of coexistence of abnormal expression of micro-RNA-200b and cyclic adenosine monophosphate-responsive element-binding protein 1 in human astrocytoma. Hum Pathol. 2014;45:2154-61 pubmed publisher..Both miR-200b and CREB-1 may play important cooperative roles in the progression of human astrocytoma. The efficacy of miR-200b and CREB-1 together as a predictor of prognosis in astrocytoma patients is shown for the first time. ..
- Williams L, Veliceasa D, Vinokour E, Volpert O. miR-200b inhibits prostate cancer EMT, growth and metastasis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83991 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role for miR-200 b in prostate cancer progression and indicate its potential utility for prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Santarpia L, Calin G, Adam L, Ye L, Fusco A, Giunti S, et al. A miRNA signature associated with human metastatic medullary thyroid carcinoma. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2013;20:809-23 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a robust miRNA signature associated with metastatic MTC and distinct biological processes, e.g., TGF? signalling pathway, providing new potential insights into the mechanisms of MTC metastasis. ..
- Zidar N, Bostjancic E, Gale N, Kojc N, Poljak M, Glavac D, et al. Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:482-8 pubmed publisher..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins. ..
- Zhang H, Alshareef A, Wu C, Jiao J, Sorensen P, Lai R, et al. miR-200b induces cell cycle arrest and represses cell growth in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2016;37:858-869 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the pleiotropic effects of miR-200b in ESCC highlight its potential for therapeutic intervention in this aggressive disease. ..