Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR200A
Description: microRNA 200a
- Jacob S, Nayak S, Fernandes G, Barai R, Menon S, Chaudhari U, et al. Androgen receptor as a regulator of ZEB2 expression and its implications in epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in prostate cancer. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2014;21:473-86 pubmed publisher..Additionally, ZEB2 downregulation was associated with an increase in miR200a/miR200b levels in PC3-AR cells and with a decrease in miR200a/miR200b levels in AR-silenced LNCaP cells...
- Hung C, Liu H, Liu J, Yeh C, Chang T, Wu C, et al. MicroRNA-200a and -200b mediated hepatocellular carcinoma cell migration through the epithelial to mesenchymal transition markers. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20 Suppl 3:S360-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we silenced E-cadherin expression by shRNA in miR200a-HepJ5 cells and found that the migratory ability of these cells was enhanced upon the decrease in E-cadherin ..
- Zidar N, Bostjancic E, Gale N, Kojc N, Poljak M, Glavac D, et al. Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and miR-205, and an altered expression of classic and desmosomal cadherins in spindle cell carcinoma of the head and neck--hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Hum Pathol. 2011;42:482-8 pubmed publisher..The result is not only an altered expression of classic cadherins in adherens junctions but also a complete loss of desmosomal cadherins. ..
- Lee H, Kim C, Kang H, Tak H, Ahn S, Yoon S, et al. microRNA-200a-3p increases 5-fluorouracil resistance by regulating dual specificity phosphatase 6 expression. Exp Mol Med. 2017;49:e327 pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of DUSP6 mitigated the pro-survival effects of miR-200a-3p. Taken together, these results lead us to propose that miR-200a-3p enhances anti-cancer drug resistance by decreasing DUSP6 expression. ..
- Wang X, Jiang F, Song H, Li X, Xian J, Gu X. MicroRNA-200a-3p suppresses tumor proliferation and induces apoptosis by targeting SPAG9 in renal cell carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;470:620-626 pubmed publisher..Understanding of oncogenic SPAG9 regulated by miR-200a-3p might be beneficial to reveal new therapeutic targets for RCC. ..
- Chen C, Yang D, Wang Q, Wang X. Expression and Clinical Pathological Significance of miR-200a in Concurrent Cholangiocarcinoma Associated with Hepatolithiasis. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:3585-90 pubmed..01). CONCLUSIONS MiR-200a may suppress the proliferative and invasive ability of REB cells. The reduced miR-200a expression might be correlated with the development and progression of CCA. ..
- Xu S, Xu P, Wu W, Ou Y, Xu J, Zhang G, et al. The biphasic expression pattern of miR-200a and E-cadherin in epithelial ovarian cancer and its correlation with clinicopathological features. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20:1888-95 pubmed
- Uhlmann S, Zhang J, Schwager A, Mannsperger H, Riazalhosseini Y, Burmester S, et al. miR-200bc/429 cluster targets PLCgamma1 and differentially regulates proliferation and EGF-driven invasion than miR-200a/141 in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:4297-306 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the miR-200 family has a tumor-suppressor function by negatively regulating EGF-driven cell invasion, viability and cell cycle progression in breast cancer. ..
- Chung V, Tan T, Tan M, Wong M, Kuay K, Yang Z, et al. GRHL2-miR-200-ZEB1 maintains the epithelial status of ovarian cancer through transcriptional regulation and histone modification. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19943 pubmed publisher..These findings support GRHL2 as a pivotal gatekeeper of EMT in EOC via miR-200-ZEB1. ..
- Lu R, Ji Z, Li X, Qin J, Cui G, Chen J, et al. Tumor suppressive microRNA-200a inhibits renal cell carcinoma development by directly targeting TGFB2. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:6691-700 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-200a suppresses RCC development via directly targeting TGFB2, indicating that miR-200a may present a novel target for diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in RCC. ..
- Zidar N, Bostjancic E, Jerala M, Kojc N, Drobne D, Stabuc B, et al. Down-regulation of microRNAs of the miR-200 family and up-regulation of Snail and Slug in inflammatory bowel diseases - hallmark of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:1813-20 pubmed publisher..The described expression patterns are consistent with the notion that fibrosis does not occur only in CD but also in UC, being much more severe in CD. ..
- Jang K, Ahn H, Sim J, Han H, Abdul R, Paik S, et al. Loss of microRNA-200a expression correlates with tumor progression in breast cancer. Transl Res. 2014;163:242-51 pubmed publisher..ISH can be used to detect miRNAs in FFPE sections, and should permit the validation of miRNAs as biomarkers in large clinical samples. ..
- Li S, Huang Y, Huang Y, Fu Y, Tang D, Kang R, et al. The long non-coding RNA TP73-AS1 modulates HCC cell proliferation through miR-200a-dependent HMGB1/RAGE regulation. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2017;36:51 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that TP73-AS1 might be an oncogenic lncRNA that promoted proliferation of HCC and could be regarded as a therapeutic target in human HCC. ..
- Zuberi M, Mir R, Das J, Ahmad I, Javid J, Yadav P, et al. Expression of serum miR-200a, miR-200b, and miR-200c as candidate biomarkers in epithelial ovarian cancer and their association with clinicopathological features. Clin Transl Oncol. 2015;17:779-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-200a, miR-200b, and miR-200c overexpressions are associated with the aggressive tumor progression and be recognized as reliable markers to predict the prognosis and survival in EOC patients. ..
- Wang J, Song W, Shen W, Yang X, Sun W, Qu S, et al. MicroRNA-200a Suppresses Cell Invasion and Migration by Directly Targeting GAB1 in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Oncol Res. 2017;25:1-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide novel information for comprehending the tumor-suppressive role of miR-200a in HCC pathogenesis through inhibition of GAB1 translation. ..
- Xu Y, Zhang Y, Wang L, Zhao R, Qiao Y, Han D, et al. miR-200a targets Gelsolin: A novel mechanism regulating secretion of microvesicles in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2711-2719 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that miR-200a regulated the microvesicle biogenesis involved in the hepatocellular carcinoma progression. ..
- Torres A, Torres K, Pesci A, Ceccaroni M, Paszkowski T, Cassandrini P, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic significance of miRNA signatures in tissues and plasma of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma patients. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1633-45 pubmed publisher..909 (95% CI: 0.789-973) and 0.913 (95% CI: 0.794-0.976), respectively. We conclude that miRNA signatures hold a great promise to become noninvasive biomarkers for early EEC detection and prognosis...
- Senfter D, Holzner S, Kalipciyan M, Staribacher A, Walzl A, Huttary N, et al. Loss of miR-200 family in 5-fluorouracil resistant colon cancer drives lymphendothelial invasiveness in vitro. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:3689-98 pubmed publisher..The data support the notion that horizontal miR-200 signalling prevents the permeation of cells into adjacent epithelia and contributes to organ integrity. ..
- Lee S, Feng M, Wei Y, Li Z, Qiao Y, Guan P, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase UBASH3B is overexpressed in triple-negative breast cancer and promotes invasion and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11121-6 pubmed publisher..We also show that UBASH3B is a functional target of anti-invasive microRNA200a (miR200a) that is down-regulated in TNBC...
- Nagaraj S, Laskowska Kaszub K, Dębski K, Wojsiat J, Dąbrowski M, Gabryelewicz T, et al. Profile of 6 microRNA in blood plasma distinguish early stage Alzheimer's disease patients from non-demented subjects. Oncotarget. 2017;8:16122-16143 pubmed publisher..32 to 14.72), consistent significance, specificities from 0.78 to 1 and sensitivities from 0.75 to 1. (patent pending, PCT/IB2016/052440). ..
- Cao Q, Lu K, Dai S, Hu Y, Fan W. Clinicopathological and prognostic implications of the miR-200 family in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:2392-401 pubmed..The three miRNAs could be attractive therapeutic targets in patients with advanced-stage EOCs. ..
- Tang S, Bonaroti J, Unlu S, Liang X, Tang D, Zeh H, et al. Sweating the small stuff: microRNAs and genetic changes define pancreatic cancer. Pancreas. 2013;42:740-59 pubmed publisher..These miRNAs are involved in DNA repair, cell cycle, and cell invasion and also play important roles in promoting metastases. ..
- Li A, Omura N, Hong S, Vincent A, Walter K, Griffith M, et al. Pancreatic cancers epigenetically silence SIP1 and hypomethylate and overexpress miR-200a/200b in association with elevated circulating miR-200a and miR-200b levels. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5226-37 pubmed publisher..The elevated serum levels of miR-200a and miR-200b in most patients with pancreatic cancer could have diagnostic utility. ..
- Dong Y, Si J, Li W, Liang L, Zhao J, Zhou M, et al. miR-200a/miR-141 and miR-205 upregulation might be associated with hormone receptor status and prognosis in endometrial carcinomas. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:2864-75 pubmed..However, they might behave differently in ECs versus NECs. miR-200a/miR-141 and miR-205 might be associated with hormone receptor status in endometrial cancer and may possess prognostic impacts. ..
- Adam L, Zhong M, Choi W, Qi W, Nicoloso M, Arora A, et al. miR-200 expression regulates epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in bladder cancer cells and reverses resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor therapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:5060-72 pubmed publisher..The targets of miR-200 include ERRFI-1, which is a novel regulator of EGFR-independent growth. ..
- Zhang H, Xu L, Li E. A family of pleiotropically acting microRNAs in cancer progression, miR-200: potential cancer therapeutic targets. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20:1896-903 pubmed..In this review, we will focus on our emerging understanding of the roles of miR- 200s in cancer, specifically their therapeutic potential in treating cancer. ..
- Feng J, Wang J, Chen M, Chen G, Wu Z, Ying L, et al. miR-200a suppresses cell growth and migration by targeting MACC1 and predicts prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:713-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-200a may be recognized as a novel potential biomarker to predict the survival of patients with HCCs following liver transplantation. ..
- Shi Z, Hu Z, Chen D, Huang J, Fan J, Zhou S, et al. MicroRNA-200a mediates nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell proliferation through the activation of nuclear factor-ÎºB. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:1732-8 pubmed publisher..The luciferase assay indicated that IÎºBÎ± was the target gene of miR-200a. In conclusion, miR-200a was demonstrated to enhance NPC cell proliferation by activating the NF-ÎºB signaling pathway. ..
- Xia H, Ng S, Jiang S, Cheung W, Sze J, Bian X, et al. miR-200a-mediated downregulation of ZEB2 and CTNNB1 differentially inhibits nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell growth, migration and invasion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:535-41 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the important role of miR-200a as a regulatory factor of NPC carcinogenesis and a potential candidate for miRNA-based therapy against NPC. ..
- Pacurari M, Addison J, Bondalapati N, Wan Y, Luo D, Qian Y, et al. The microRNA-200 family targets multiple non-small cell lung cancer prognostic markers in H1299 cells and BEAS-2B cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;43:548-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into miR-200 regulation in lung cancer metastasis and consequent clinical outcome, and may provide a potential basis for innovative therapeutic approaches for the treatment of this deadly disease. ..
- Su Y, He Q, Deng L, Wang J, Liu Q, Wang D, et al. MiR-200a impairs glioma cell growth, migration, and invasion by targeting SIM2-s. Neuroreport. 2014;25:12-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, blockage of miR-200a expression in a mouse model of human glioma resulted in significant promotion of tumor growth. These findings suggest that miR-200a could serve as a therapeutic tool for glioma. ..
- Suliman M, Zhang Z, Na H, Ribeiro A, Zhang Y, Niang B, et al. Niclosamide inhibits colon cancer progression through downregulation of the Notch pathway and upregulation of the tumor suppressor miR-200 family. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:776-84 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that niclosamide potentially inhibits the progression of colon cancer by downregulating Notch signaling and by upregulating the miR-200 family members. ..
- Tang X, Hou Y, Yang G, Wang X, Tang S, Du Y, et al. Stromal miR-200s contribute to breast cancer cell invasion through CAF activation and ECM remodeling. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:132-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data provide important and novel insights into breast CAF activation and ECM remodeling, which trigger tumor cell invasion. ..
- Sharp T, Wang J, Li X, Cao H, Gao S, Moreno M, et al. A pituitary homeobox 2 (Pitx2):microRNA-200a-3p:Î²-catenin pathway converts mesenchymal cells to amelogenin-expressing dental epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:27327-41 pubmed publisher..This pathway and reprogramming can be used to reprogram mesenchymal or oral epithelial cells to dental epithelial (ameloblast) cells, which can be used in tissue repair and regeneration studies. ..
- Li R, He J, Chen X, Long C, Yang D, Ding Y, et al. MiR-200a is involved in proliferation and apoptosis in the human endometrial adenocarcinoma cell line HEC-1B by targeting the tumor suppressor PTEN. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:1977-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that in HEC-1B cells, miR-200a functions as an oncogene, affecting proliferation and apoptosis by regulating the expression of the tumor suppressor PTEN at the translational level. ..
- Devlin K, Sanford T, Harrison L, Lebourgeois P, Lashinger L, Mambo E, et al. Stage-Specific MicroRNAs and Their Role in the Anticancer Effects of Calorie Restriction in a Rat Model of ER-Positive Luminal Breast Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159686 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have identified the regulation of miR-200a, a microRNA that is positively associated with progression in this model, as a possible mechanism contributing to the anticancer effects of calorie restriction. ..
- Lu Y, Lu J, Li X, Zhu H, Fan X, Zhu S, et al. MiR-200a inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition of pancreatic cancer stem cell. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:85 pubmed publisher..Selective elimination of cancer stem-like cells by reversing the EMT phenotype to mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition (MET) phenotype using novel agents would be useful for prevention and/or treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Yu S, Hu J, Kuang X, Luo J, Hou Y, Di G, et al. MicroRNA-200a promotes anoikis resistance and metastasis by targeting YAP1 in human breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:1389-99 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-200a functions as anoikis suppressor and contributes to metastasis in breast cancer. ..
- Gu S, Gallego Perez D, McClory S, Shi J, Han J, Lee L, et al. The human PMR1 endonuclease stimulates cell motility by down regulating miR-200 family microRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:5811-9 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a new role for hPMR1 in the post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs in breast cancer cells. ..
- Xue L, Su D, Li D, Gao W, Yuan R, Pang W. MiR-200 Regulates Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer via EGF/EGFR Signaling. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2015;72:185-90 pubmed publisher..In ATC cells, miR-200s play a central role in EGF/EGFR-mediated invasiveness in vitro and EMT in vivo. ..
- Zang Y, Tai Y, Wan B, Jia X. miR-200a-3p promotes the proliferation of human esophageal cancer cells by post-transcriptionally regulating cytoplasmic collapsin response mediator protein-1. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:1558-1564 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings indicate that miR?200a-3p promotes the proliferation of human esophageal cancer cells by post-transcriptionally regulating CRMP1. ..
- Li Y, Liu D, Zheng C, Zheng S, Liu M, Li X, et al. miR-200a modulate HUVECs viability and migration. IUBMB Life. 2011;63:553-9 pubmed publisher..MiR-200a can directly bind to THBS1 3'UTR and negatively regulate THBS1 expression. The identification of endothelial cells (ECs) related miRNA and its target gene may gain new insight into the mechanism of angiogenesis. ..
- Sun Q, Zou X, Zhang T, Shen J, Yin Y, Xiang J. The role of miR-200a in vasculogenic mimicry and its clinical significance in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:730-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we might have identified a genetic mechanism underlying the involvement of miR-200a in ovarian cancer VM. ..
- Cui X, Li Z, Gao J, Gao P, Ni Y, Zhu J. Elevated CXCL1 increases hepatocellular carcinoma aggressiveness and is inhibited by miRNA-200a. Oncotarget. 2016;7:65052-65066 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the role of CXCL1 in HCC and its post-transcriptional regulation and suggest it may be a prognostic indicator for poor outcomes and a potential target for therapy. ..
- Naghavian R, Ghaedi K, Kiani Esfahani A, Ganjalikhani Hakemi M, Etemadifar M, Nasr Esfahani M. miR-141 and miR-200a, Revelation of New Possible Players in Modulation of Th17/Treg Differentiation and Pathogenesis of Multiple Sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0124555 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that these miRNAs may probably inhibit negative regulators of Th17 cell differentiation, thus promoting its differentiation. ..
- Alowayed N, Salker M, Zeng N, Singh Y, Lang F. LEFTY2 Controls Migration of Human Endometrial Cancer Cells via Focal Adhesion Kinase Activity (FAK) and miRNA-200a. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:815-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, LEFTY2 down-regulates MKi67 expression and FAK activity, up-regulates miR-200a and E-cadherin, and is thus a powerful negative regulator of endometrial cell proliferation and migration. ..
- Xiao F, Zhang W, Zhou L, Xie H, Xing C, Ding S, et al. microRNA-200a is an independent prognostic factor of hepatocellular carcinoma and induces cell cycle arrest by targeting CDK6. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2203-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CDK6 was identified as a novel functional target of miR?200a. Our data indicate that miR?200a functions as a potential tumor suppressor in HCC. ..
- MartÃnez FernÃ¡ndez M, DueÃ±as M, Feber A, Segovia C, GarcÃa Escudero R, Rubio C, et al. A Polycomb-mir200 loop regulates clinical outcome in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:42258-75 pubmed publisher..Since pharmacological inhibition of EZH2 in BC cell lines lead to increased miR-200 expression, our findings may support new therapeutic strategies for BC clinical management. ..
- Fu N, Zhao S, Kong L, Du J, Ren W, Han F, et al. LncRNA-ATB/microRNA-200a/?-catenin regulatory axis involved in the progression of HCV-related hepatic fibrosis. Gene. 2017;618:1-7 pubmed publisher..LncRNA-ATB/miR-200a/?-catenin regulatory axis likely contributed to the development of liver fibrosis in HCV patients. Knockdown of lncRNA-ATB might be a novel therapeutic target for HCV-related liver fibrosis. ..
- Wang L, Wang Q, Li H, Han L. Expression of MiR200a, miR93, metastasis-related gene RECK and MMP2/MMP9 in human cervical carcinoma--relationship with prognosis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:2113-8 pubmed..The present study was conducted to assess expression of miR93, miR200a, RECK, MMP2, MMP9 in invasive cervical carcinoma, and analyze their clinical significance...
- Rasheed S, Teo C, Beillard E, Voorhoeve P, Casey P. MicroRNA-182 and microRNA-200a control G-protein subunit ?-13 (GNA13) expression and cell invasion synergistically in prostate cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7986-95 pubmed publisher..These data provide strong evidence that GNA13 is an important mediator of prostate cancer cell invasion, and that miR-182 and miR-200 family members regulate its expression post-transcriptionally. ..
- Teng Y, Mei Y, Hawthorn L, Cowell J. WASF3 regulates miR-200 inactivation by ZEB1 through suppression of KISS1 leading to increased invasiveness in breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2014;33:203-11 pubmed publisher..WASF3, therefore, is a potential target to suppress invasion and metastasis in breast cancer cells. ..
- Zhen Q, Liu J, Gao L, Liu J, Wang R, Chu W, et al. MicroRNA-200a Targets EGFR and c-Met to Inhibit Migration, Invasion, and Gefitinib Resistance in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2015;146:1-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, in NSCLC cell lines that are resistant to gefitinib, a drug often used in TKI therapies to treat NSCLC, miR-200a expression is able to render the cells much more sensitive to the drug treatment. ..
- Chen Y, Peng W, Lu Y, Chen J, Zhu Y, Xi T. MiR-200a enhances the migrations of A549 and SK-MES-1 cells by regulating the expression of TSPAN1. J Biosci. 2013;38:523-32 pubmed..TSPAN1 was proved to induce migration, and so up-regulation of TSPAN1 by miR-200a may explain why over-expressing miR-200a promotes NSCLC cells migration. ..
- Hu B, Qiu Lan H, Lei R, Shi C, Jiang H, Qin S. Interleukin-9 Promotes Pancreatic Cancer Cells Proliferation and Migration via the miR-200a/Beta-Catenin Axis. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2831056 pubmed publisher..i>Conclusions. IL-9 promotes proliferation and metastasis in pancreatic cancer cells; this effect may partly involve regulation of the miR-200a/?-catenin axis. ..
- Yoneyama K, Ishibashi O, Kawase R, Kurose K, Takeshita T. miR-200a, miR-200b and miR-429 are onco-miRs that target the PTEN gene in endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:1401-10 pubmed..These results suggest that the occurrence of EEC is, at least in part, mediated by miRNA-induced suppression of PTEN expression. ..
- Li H, Tang J, Lei H, Cai P, Zhu H, Li B, et al. Decreased MiR-200a/141 suppress cell migration and proliferation by targeting PTEN in Hirschsprung's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:543-53 pubmed publisher..Moreover, knocking-down of PTEN rescued the extent of suppressed cell migration and proliferation induced by miR-200a and miR-141. The miR-200 family may play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of HSCR by co-regulating PTEN. ..
- Li Y, Sun J, Cai Y, Jiang Y, Wang X, Huang X, et al. MiR-200a acts as an oncogene in colorectal carcinoma by targeting PTEN. Exp Mol Pathol. 2016;101:308-313 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-200a plays an oncogene role by regulating PTEN signaling in CRC. Our findings present important implications for further understanding the signaling mechanisms involved in modulating CRC tumorigenesis. ..
- Hu X, Schwarz J, Lewis J, Huettner P, Rader J, Deasy J, et al. A microRNA expression signature for cervical cancer prognosis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:1441-8 pubmed publisher..In particular, miR-200a is likely to affect the metastatic potential of cervical cancer cells by coordinate suppression of multiple genes controlling cell motility. ..
- Bernecker C, Halim F, Lenz L, Haase M, Nguyen T, Ehlers M, et al. microRNA expressions in CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell subsets in autoimmune thyroid diseases. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2014;122:107-12 pubmed publisher..These data may help to better understand the gene regulations in the causative cells causing these autoimmune processes. They extend our very limited knowledge concerning miRNAs in thyroid diseases. ..
- Shen Y, Liu S, Yuan H, Ying X, Fu H, Zheng X. A long non-coding RNA lncRNA-PE promotes invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma through the miR-200a/b-ZEB1 pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705756 pubmed publisher..All these data imply that lncRNA-PE might play an important role in hepatocellular carcinoma development via the miR-200a/b-ZEB1 pathway. ..
- Yoshino H, Enokida H, Itesako T, Tatarano S, Kinoshita T, Fuse M, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition-related microRNA-200s regulate molecular targets and pathways in renal cell carcinoma. J Hum Genet. 2013;58:508-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of novel tumor-suppressive miR-200s-regulated molecular targets and pathways has provided new insights into RCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Zhong C, Li M, Chen Z, Cheng H, Hu M, Ruan Y, et al. MicroRNA-200a inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:9922-31 pubmed..05). Our study reveals an important role of miR-200a in inhibiting EMT, proliferation and migration in HCC cells, suggesting the possibility of miR-200a-based therapeutics in HCC. ..
- D Ippolito E, Plantamura I, Bongiovanni L, Casalini P, Baroni S, Piovan C, et al. miR-9 and miR-200 Regulate PDGFR?-Mediated Endothelial Differentiation of Tumor Cells in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2016;76:5562-72 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data support the possibility to therapeutically exploit miR-9 and miR-200 to inhibit the process of vascular lacunae formation in TNBC. Cancer Res; 76(18); 5562-72. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Wang X, Chen X, Li J, Zhang H, Liu J, Sun L. MiR-200a expression in CD4+ T cells correlates with the expression of Th17/Treg cells and relevant cytokines in psoriasis vulgaris: A case control study. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;93:1158-1164 pubmed publisher..Our results provided a strong evidence that up-regulation of microRNA-200a in CD4+ T cells may induce immune dysfunction through Th17/Treg cells and relevant cytokines in PV patients. ..
- Liang H, Wei P, Hung C, Wu C, Wang W, Huang M, et al. MicroRNA-200a/b influenced the therapeutic effects of curcumin in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:3209-18 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of miR-200a/b might determine the therapeutic efficacy of curcumin on HCC cells. ..
- Yuan J, Yang F, Chen B, Lu Z, Huo X, Zhou W, et al. The histone deacetylase 4/SP1/microrna-200a regulatory network contributes to aberrant histone acetylation in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2011;54:2025-35 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight a potential therapeutic approach in targeting the HDAC4/Sp1/miR-200a regulatory network for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Kolesnikoff N, Attema J, Roslan S, Bert A, Schwarz Q, Gregory P, et al. Specificity protein 1 (Sp1) maintains basal epithelial expression of the miR-200 family: implications for epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:11194-205 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that miR-200 family members require Sp1 to drive basal expression and to maintain an epithelial state. ..
- Yang X, Wang J, Qu S, Zhang H, Ruan B, Gao Y, et al. MicroRNA-200a suppresses metastatic potential of side population cells in human hepatocellular carcinoma by decreasing ZEB2. Oncotarget. 2015;6:7918-29 pubmed..The associations between miR-200a, SP cells and ZEB2 were validated in HCC. These findings reveal that miR-200a suppresses metastasis of SP cells by downregulating ZEB2. ..
- Murray Stewart T, Hanigan C, Woster P, Marton L, Casero R. Histone deacetylase inhibition overcomes drug resistance through a miRNA-dependent mechanism. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2088-99 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the individual agents used in this study have been investigated clinically; therefore, translation of these combinations into the clinical setting holds promise. ..
- Venneti S, Boateng L, Friedman J, Baldwin D, Tobias J, Judkins A, et al. MiRNA-9 and MiRNA-200a distinguish hemangioblastomas from metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinomas in the CNS. Brain Pathol. 2012;22:522-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-9 and miR-200a can distinguish between hemangioblastomas and Met CCRCC. Further, these results may also provide insight in understanding the biology of hemangioblastomas. ..