Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR199B
Description: microRNA 199b
Alias: MIRN199B, mir-199b
- Shang W, Chen X, Nie L, Xu M, Chen N, Zeng H, et al. MiR199b suppresses expression of hypoxia-inducible factor 1? (HIF-1?) in prostate cancer cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:8422-36 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the expression of miR199b and HIF-1? in normal prostate tissue, prostate cancer tissues and prostate carcinoma (PCa) cell lines LNCaP, PC-3 ..
- Shen Z, Wang B, Jiang K, Ye C, Cheng C, Yan Y, et al. Downregulation of miR-199b is associated with distant metastasis in colorectal cancer via activation of SIRT1 and inhibition of CREB/KISS1 signaling. Oncotarget. 2016;7:35092-105 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that miR-199b regulates SIRT1/CREB/KISS1 signaling pathway and might serve as a prognosis marker or a novel therapeutic target for patients with CRC. ..
- Wang C, Song B, Song W, Liu J, Sun A, Wu D, et al. Underexpressed microRNA-199b-5p targets hypoxia-inducible factor-1? in hepatocellular carcinoma and predicts prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;26:1630-7 pubmed publisher..Underexpressed miR-199b, which may be via the upregulation of Hif1? in HCCs, is inversely correlated with survival and directly correlated with the malignant status of HCC patients. ..
- Li S, Wang Z, Mi X, Liu L, Tan Y. MiR-199a/b-3p suppresses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by downregulating PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. IUBMB Life. 2015;67:768-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-199a/b-3p functions as a tumor suppressor and has an important role in breast cancer metastasis through PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Joshi D, Chandrakala S, Korgaonkar S, Ghosh K, Vundinti B. Down-regulation of miR-199b associated with imatinib drug resistance in 9q34.1 deleted BCR/ABL positive CML patients. Gene. 2014;542:109-12 pubmed publisher..Hence, the deletion in 9q34.1 region (ABL) plays an important role in disease pathogenesis. Eventually, miRNAs can provide new therapeutic strategies and can be used as a prognostic indicator. ..
- Zhao R, Li Y, Lin Z, Wan J, Xu C, Zeng Y, et al. miR-199b-5p modulates BMSC osteogenesis via suppressing GSK-3?/?-catenin signaling pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;477:749-754 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study revealed for the first time that miR-199b-5p plays a positive role in osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Kang W, Xu G. Atrasentan increased the expression of klotho by mediating miR-199b-5p and prevented renal tubular injury in diabetic nephropathy. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19979 pubmed publisher..The increased serum klotho, mediated by miR-199b-5p, is a possible mechanism by which atrasentan prevents renal tubular injury in DN. ..
- Liu M, Siu M, Liu S, Yam J, Ngan H, Chan D. Epigenetic silencing of microRNA-199b-5p is associated with acquired chemoresistance via activation of JAG1-Notch1 signaling in ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2014;5:944-58 pubmed..Taken together, our study suggests that the epigenetic silencing of miR-199b-5p during tumor progression is significantly associated with acquired chemoresistance in ovarian cancer through the activation of JAG1-Notch1 signaling. ..
- Won K, Kim Y, Kim H, Lee S, Jung W, Park Y. MicroRNA-199b-5p is involved in the Notch signaling pathway in osteosarcoma. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1648-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together with our results, we suggest that miR-199b-5p inhibitor may also be a therapeutic option for osteosarcoma. ..
- Zhao J, Bai Y, Jin L, Weng Y, Wang Y, Wu H, et al. A functional variant in the 3'-UTR of VEGF predicts the 90-day outcome of ischemic stroke in Chinese patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172709 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that the +936C/T variants significantly increased the risk of poorer stroke outcome by affecting the bindings of miR-199a and miR-199b to VEGF mRNA at the rs30250340 polymorphic site. ..
- de Leeuw D, van den Ancker W, Denkers F, de Menezes R, Westers T, Ossenkoppele G, et al. MicroRNA profiling can classify acute leukemias of ambiguous lineage as either acute myeloid leukemia or acute lymphoid leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2187-96 pubmed publisher..miRNA-based classification of acute leukemia of ambiguous lineage might be of additional value in therapeutic decision making. ..
- Wang Y, Lv Y, Wang L, Gong C, Sun J, Chen X, et al. MicroRNAome in decidua: a new approach to assess the maintenance of pregnancy. Fertil Steril. 2015;103:980-989.e6 pubmed publisher..A significant inverse correlation was found between miR-199b-5p and SGK1 in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Torres A, Torres K, Pesci A, Ceccaroni M, Paszkowski T, Cassandrini P, et al. Deregulation of miR-100, miR-99a and miR-199b in tissues and plasma coexists with increased expression of mTOR kinase in endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:369 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings implicate that miRNA signatures can be considered promising biomarkers for early detection and prognosis of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Li W, Li Y, Guo J, Pan H, Zhang Y, Wang X. Overexpression of miR?199b?5p inhibits Ewing's sarcoma cell lines by targeting CCNL1. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3359-3364 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study established a functional link between ES, miR?199b?5p and CCNL1, and suggested that miR?199b?5p acts as a tumor suppressor and may be of diagnostic and therapeutic importance for human ES. ..
- Koshizuka K, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Arai T, Okato A, Kurozumi A, et al. Regulation of ITGA3 by the anti-tumor miR-199 family inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion in head and neck cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1681-1692 pubmed publisher..Novel miRNA-based approaches for HNSCC can be used to identify potential targets for the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Mansour M, Sabbah N, Mansour S, Ibrahim A. MicroRNA-199b expression level and coliform count in irritable bowel syndrome. IUBMB Life. 2016;68:335-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, there was a negative correlation between them in patients with IBS and its different subtypes when compared with healthy controls. © 2016 IUBMB Life, 68(5):335-342, 2016. ..
- Fang C, Wang F, Li Y, Zeng X. Down-regulation of miR-199b-5p is correlated with poor prognosis for breast cancer patients. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:1189-1193 pubmed publisher..318, 95%CI=1.086-4.949, P=0.030). Down-regulated miR-199b-5p in breast cancer patients is associated with malignant clinical characteristics. MiR-199b-5p may be a potential prognostic biomarker for breast cancer. ..
- Qu X, Chen Z, Fan D, Sun C, Zeng Y, Guo Z, et al. MiR-199b-5p inhibits osteogenic differentiation in ligamentum flavum cells by targeting JAG1 and modulating the Notch signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:1159-1170 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that miR-199b-5p performs an inhibitory role in osteogenic differentiation in ligamentum flavum cells by potentially targeting JAG1 and influencing the Notch signalling pathway. ..
- Zeng H, Zhang Z, Dai X, Chen Y, ye J, Jin Z. Increased Expression of microRNA-199b-5p Associates with Poor Prognosis Through Promoting Cell Proliferation, Invasion and Migration Abilities of Human Osteosarcoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:253-60 pubmed publisher..miR-199b-5p may function as an oncogene by positively regulating the malignant potentials of this neoplasm. ..
- Kiriakidou M, Nelson P, Kouranov A, Fitziev P, Bouyioukos C, Mourelatos Z, et al. A combined computational-experimental approach predicts human microRNA targets. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1165-78 pubmed..We describe a computational program, "DIANA-microT", that identifies mRNA targets for animal miRNAs and predicts mRNA targets, bearing single MREs, for human and mouse miRNAs. ..