Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR199A2
Description: microRNA 199a-2
Alias: MIR-199-s, MIRN199A2
- Su S, Chang Y, Andreu Vieyra C, Fang J, Yang Z, Han B, et al. miR-30d, miR-181a and miR-199a-5p cooperatively suppress the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone and signaling regulator GRP78 in cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:4694-701 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the delivery of co-transcribed miRNAs can efficiently suppress GRP78 levels and GRP78-mediated chemoresistance, and suggest that this strategy holds therapeutic potential. ..
- Celià Terrassa T, Liu D, Choudhury A, Hang X, Wei Y, Zamalloa J, et al. Normal and cancerous mammary stem cells evade interferon-induced constraint through the miR-199a-LCOR axis. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:711-723 pubmed publisher..Our study therefore reveals a common mechanism shared by normal and malignant stem cells to protect them from suppressive immune cytokine signalling. ..
- Li Z, Song Y, Liu L, Hou N, An X, Zhan D, et al. miR-199a impairs autophagy and induces cardiac hypertrophy through mTOR activation. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1205-1213 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel role of miR-199a as a key regulator of cardiac autophagy, suggesting that targeting miRNAs controlling autophagy as a potential therapeutic strategy for cardiac disease. ..
- Chatila W, Criner G, Hancock W, Akimova T, Moldover B, Chang J, et al. Blunted expression of miR-199a-5p in regulatory T cells of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease compared to unaffected smokers. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;177:341-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the abnormal repression of miR-199a-5p in patients with COPD compared to unaffected smokers may be involved in modulating the adaptive immune balance in favour of a Th1 and Th17 response. ..
- Liu T, Chen Q, Huang Y, Huang Q, Jiang L, Guo L. Low microRNA-199a expression in human amniotic epithelial cell feeder layers maintains human-induced pluripotent stem cell pluripotency via increased leukemia inhibitory factor expression. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2012;44:197-206 pubmed publisher
- Koshizuka K, Hanazawa T, Kikkawa N, Arai T, Okato A, Kurozumi A, et al. Regulation of ITGA3 by the anti-tumor miR-199 family inhibits cancer cell migration and invasion in head and neck cancer. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1681-1692 pubmed publisher..Novel miRNA-based approaches for HNSCC can be used to identify potential targets for the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Fan X, Zhou S, Zheng M, Deng X, Yi Y, Huang T. MiR-199a-3p enhances breast cancer cell sensitivity to cisplatin by downregulating TFAM (TFAM). Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:507-514 pubmed publisher..These results show that miR-199a-3p is able to attenuate cisplatin resistance in breast cancer cells through inhibiting TFAM expression. ..
- Ma S, Jia W, Ni S. miR-199a-5p inhibits the progression of papillary thyroid carcinoma by targeting SNAI1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;497:181-186 pubmed publisher..miR-199a-5p inhibited the progression of PTC by downregulating SNAI1, offering new insight into the molecular mechanism underlying PTC progression. ..
- Li C, Li J, Cai Q, Qiu Q, Yan M, Liu B, et al. MiRNA-199a-3p: A potential circulating diagnostic biomarker for early gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2013;108:89-92 pubmed publisher..556). The sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of miRNA-199a-3p expression in plasma for EGC diagnosis were 76%, 74%, and 75%, respectively. Plasma miRNA-199a-3p could be a novel potential diagnostic biomarkers for EGC. ..
- Zhang J, Wu G, Zhang Y, Feng Z, Zhu S. Propofol induces apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by upregulation of microRNA-199a expression. Cell Biol Int. 2013;37:227-32 pubmed publisher..Propofol can effectively induce apoptosis of HCC cells and modulation of miR-199a possibly contributes to the anti-tumour action of Propofol. Hence, Propofol might be an effective drug for HCC. ..
- Gui R, Huang R, Zhang J, Wen X, Nie X. MicroRNA-199a-5p inhibits VEGF-induced tumorigenesis through targeting oxidored-nitro domain-containing protein 1 in human HepG2 cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2216-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-199a-5p is critical for regulating cell proliferation and migration by targeting and upregulating NOR1 in human HepG2 cells. ..
- Sun L, Zhu J, Wu M, Sun H, Zhou C, Fu L, et al. Inhibition of MiR-199a-5p reduced cell proliferation in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease through targeting CDKN1C. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:195-200 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of miR-199a-5p in ADPKD tissues might promote cell proliferation through suppressing CDKN1C, suggesting miR-199a-5p as a novel target for ADPKD treatment. ..
- Wang Q, Yu X, Li Q, Qin L, Tan S, Zeng X, et al. Association between miR-199a rs74723057 and MET rs1621 polymorphisms and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:79365-79371 pubmed publisher..018). Our results suggest that MET rs1621 polymorphism, alone and combined with miR-199a rs74723057, may influence susceptibility to HCC. Further large-scale association studies and functional studies are needed to validate our findings. ..
- Triozzi P, Achberger S, Aldrich W, Crabb J, Saunthararajah Y, Singh A. Association of tumor and plasma microRNA expression with tumor monosomy-3 in patients with uveal melanoma. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:80 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that potentially useful blood miRs may be derived from the host response as well as the tumor. ..
- Wan D, He S, Xie B, Xu G, Gu W, Shen C, et al. Aberrant expression of miR-199a-3p and its clinical significance in colorectal cancers. Med Oncol. 2013;30:378 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-199a-3p may serve as an efficient biomarker for diagnosis and novel prognostic indicator in colorectal cancer. ..
- Zhao X, He L, Li T, Lu Y, Miao Y, Liang S, et al. SRF expedites metastasis and modulates the epithelial to mesenchymal transition by regulating miR-199a-5p expression in human gastric cancer. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:1900-13 pubmed publisher..As increased activity of the SRF/miR-199a-5p/E-cadherin pathway appears to promote GC cell EMT and metastasis, these regulators may therefore be developed as therapeutic targets or biomarkers for GC progression. ..
- Liu G, Huang Y, Tzeng H, Tsai C, Wang S, Tang C. CCL5 promotes vascular endothelial growth factor expression and induces angiogenesis by down-regulating miR-199a in human chondrosarcoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2015;357:476-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated that CCL5 promotes VEGF-dependent angiogenesis in human chondrosarcoma cells by downregulating miR-199a. ..
- Ukai T, Sato M, Akutsu H, Umezawa A, Mochida J. MicroRNA-199a-3p, microRNA-193b, and microRNA-320c are correlated to aging and regulate human cartilage metabolism. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1915-22 pubmed publisher..We believe that miR-199a-3p and miR-193b are involved in the senescence of chondrocytes, and miR-320c is involved in the juvenile properties of chondrocytes...
- Wang X, Ren H, Zhao T, Ma W, Dong J, Zhang S, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism in the microRNA-199a binding site of HIF1A gene is associated with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma risk and worse clinical outcomes. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13717-29 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the rs2057482-CC genotype increases the susceptibility to PDAC and associated with cancer progression. ..
- Morita K, Shirabe K, Taketomi A, Soejima Y, Yoshizumi T, Uchiyama H, et al. Relevance of microRNA-18a and microRNA-199a-5p to hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after living donor liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2016;22:665-76 pubmed publisher..MiR-18a and miR-199a-5p could be novel therapeutic targets of recurrent HCC after LDLT. Liver Transplantation 22 665-676 2016 AASLD. ..
- Zhao J, Bai Y, Jin L, Weng Y, Wang Y, Wu H, et al. A functional variant in the 3'-UTR of VEGF predicts the 90-day outcome of ischemic stroke in Chinese patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172709 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that the +936C/T variants significantly increased the risk of poorer stroke outcome by affecting the bindings of miR-199a and miR-199b to VEGF mRNA at the rs30250340 polymorphic site. ..
- Wang Z, Ma X, Cai Q, Wang X, Yu B, Cai Q, et al. MiR-199a-3p promotes gastric cancer progression by targeting ZHX1. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:4504-12 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-199a-3p may function as a novel tumor promoter in GC and its oncogenic activity may involve the direct targeting and inhibition of ZHX1. ..
- Troppan K, Wenzl K, Pichler M, Pursche B, Schwarzenbacher D, Feichtinger J, et al. miR-199a and miR-497 Are Associated with Better Overall Survival due to Increased Chemosensitivity in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Patients. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:18077-95 pubmed publisher..This functional impairment may serve as a potential novel therapeutic target in future treatment of patients with DLBCL. ..
- Dai B, Geng L, Wang Y, Sui C, Xie F, Shen R, et al. microRNA-199a-5p protects hepatocytes from bile acid-induced sustained endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e604 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we also suggest that the miRNA miR-199a-5p is a potential target for clinical approaches aiming to protect hepatocytes in liver disease...
- Williams K, Renthal N, Gerard R, Mendelson C. The microRNA (miR)-199a/214 cluster mediates opposing effects of progesterone and estrogen on uterine contractility during pregnancy and labor. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1857-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify miR-199a-3p/miR-214 as important regulators of myometrial contractility and provide new insight into strategies to prevent preterm birth. ..
- Li C, Mpollo M, Gonsalves C, Tahara S, Malik P, Kalra V. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-Î±-mediated transcription of miR-199a2 attenuates endothelin-1 expression via hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î±. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:36031-47 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a potential therapeutic approach whereby fenofibrate-induced miR-199a2 expression can ameliorate PH by reduction of ET-1 levels. ..
- Kinose Y, Sawada K, Nakamura K, Sawada I, Toda A, Nakatsuka E, et al. The hypoxia-related microRNA miR-199a-3p displays tumor suppressor functions in ovarian carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:11342-56 pubmed..Therefore, miR-199a-3p is a potential target for treating ovarian cancer dissemination. ..
- Chiang D, Zhang M, Voigt N, Alsina K, Jakob H, Martin J, et al. Identification of microRNA-mRNA dysregulations in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiol. 2015;184:190-7 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required to investigate the potential involvement of the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor and p53 pathways in AF pathogenesis. ..
- Raimondi L, Amodio N, Di Martino M, Altomare E, Leotta M, Caracciolo D, et al. Targeting of multiple myeloma-related angiogenesis by miR-199a-5p mimics: in vitro and in vivo anti-tumor activity. Oncotarget. 2014;5:3039-54 pubmed
- Ye H, Pang L, Wu Q, Zhu Y, Guo C, Deng Y, et al. A critical role of mir-199a in the cell biological behaviors of colorectal cancer. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:65 pubmed publisher..The potential functionary mechanism of miR-199a might through HIF-1Î±/VEGF pathway. The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/9806714131513041 . ..
- Conde Perez A, Gros G, Longvert C, Pedersen M, Petit V, Aktary Z, et al. A caveolin-dependent and PI3K/AKT-independent role of PTEN in Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8093 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a mechanism by which loss of PTEN increases CAV1-mediated dissociation of Î²-catenin from membranous E-cadherin, which may promote senescence bypass and metastasis. ..
- Wang Y, Luo J, Wang X, Yang B, Cui L. MicroRNA-199a-5p Induced Autophagy and Inhibits the Pathogenesis of Ankylosing Spondylitis by Modulating the mTOR Signaling via Directly Targeting Ras Homolog Enriched in Brain (Rheb). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:2481-2491 pubmed publisher..AS patients with advanced spinal damage had decreased autophagy levels and that miRNA-199a-5p may induce autophagy and inhibit the pathogenesis of AS by modulating the mTOR signaling via direct targeting Rheb. ..
- Lan T, Ma W, Hong Z, Wu L, Chen X, Yuan Y. Long non-coding RNA small nucleolar RNA host gene 12 (SNHG12) promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis by targeting miR-199a/b-5p in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2017;36:11 pubmed publisher..SNHG12 functioned as an endogenous sponge for miR-199a/b-5p to regulate the expression of MLK3 and affect the NF-ÎºB pathway. SNHG12 may serve as a valuable biomarker and a potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Sakaguchi T, Yoshino H, Yonemori M, Miyamoto K, Sugita S, Matsushita R, et al. Regulation of ITGA3 by the dual-stranded microRNA-199 family as a potential prognostic marker in bladder cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1077-1087 pubmed publisher..miR-199 family miRNAs functioned as tumour suppressors in BC cells by targeting ITGA3 and might be good prognostic markers for predicting survival in patients with BC. ..
- Kuninty P, Bojmar L, Tjomsland V, Larsson M, Storm G, Ã–stman A, et al. MicroRNA-199a and -214 as potential therapeutic targets in pancreatic stellate cells in pancreatic tumor. Oncotarget. 2016;7:16396-408 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals miR-199a-3p and miR-214-3p as major regulators of PSC activation and PSC-induced pro-tumoral effects, representing them as key therapeutic targets in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Ouyang L, Liu P, Yang S, Ye S, Xu W, Liu X. A three-plasma miRNA signature serves as novel biomarkers for osteosarcoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:340 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that altered levels of circulating miRNAs might have great potential to serve as novel, non-invasive biomarkers for osteosarcoma. ..
- Yamac A, Kucukbuzcu S, Ozansoy M, Gok O, Oz K, Erturk M, et al. Altered expression of micro-RNA 199a and increased levels of cardiac SIRT1 protein are associated with the occurrence of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:232-6 pubmed publisher..001). Altered expression of the SIRT1 protein regulating miR-199a in human atrial tissue was found to be related to the occurrence of POAF, indicating its usefulness as a biomarker for cardiac surgery management. ..
- Wang S, Zhou J, He Q, Yin Z, Cao K, Luo C. MiR-199a inhibits the ability of proliferation and migration by regulating CD44-Ezrin signaling in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:7131-41 pubmed
- Liu Y, Liu G, Zhang H, Wang J. MiRNA-199a-5p influences pulmonary artery hypertension via downregulating Smad3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;473:859-866 pubmed publisher..Our date suggest that miR-199a-5p may function as a regulator of PAH by targeting Smad3, indicating a novel therapeutic strategy for patients with PAH. ..
- Nonaka R, Nishimura J, Kagawa Y, Osawa H, Hasegawa J, Murata K, et al. Circulating miR-199a-3p as a novel serum biomarker for colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:2354-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, clinical and pathological survey indicated that high expression of miR-199a-3p was significantly associated with deep wall invasion. Our data suggest that circulating miR-199a-3p could be a novel serum biomarker for CRC. ..
- Li S, Wang Z, Mi X, Liu L, Tan Y. MiR-199a/b-3p suppresses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by downregulating PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. IUBMB Life. 2015;67:768-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-199a/b-3p functions as a tumor suppressor and has an important role in breast cancer metastasis through PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. ..