Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR199A1
Description: microRNA 199a-1
Alias: MIR-199-s, MIRN199A1
- Cheung H, Davis A, Lee T, Pang A, Nagrani S, Rennert O, et al. Methylation of an intronic region regulates miR-199a in testicular tumor malignancy. Oncogene. 2011;30:3404-15 pubmed publisher..This report identifies DNA methylation, miR-199a dysregulation and PODXL as critical factors in tumor malignancy. ..
- Gu S, Cheung H, Lee T, Lu G, Poon W, Chan W. Molecular mechanisms of regulation and action of microRNA-199a in testicular germ cell tumor and glioblastomas. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83980 pubmed publisher..By studying the mechanisms that control the expressions of miR-199a and its various downstream targets, we hope to use miR-199a as a model to understand the complexity of miRNA biology. ..
- Su S, Chang Y, Andreu Vieyra C, Fang J, Yang Z, Han B, et al. miR-30d, miR-181a and miR-199a-5p cooperatively suppress the endoplasmic reticulum chaperone and signaling regulator GRP78 in cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:4694-701 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that the delivery of co-transcribed miRNAs can efficiently suppress GRP78 levels and GRP78-mediated chemoresistance, and suggest that this strategy holds therapeutic potential. ..
- Tsukigi M, Bilim V, Yuuki K, Ugolkov A, Naito S, Nagaoka A, et al. Re-expression of miR-199a suppresses renal cancer cell proliferation and survival by targeting GSK-3?. Cancer Lett. 2012;315:189-97 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate low miR-199a expression as a feature of advanced RCCs, identify miR-199a as a negative regulator of GSK-3?, and suggest re-expression of pre-miR-199a as a new potential treatment of RCC. ..
- He J, Jing Y, Li W, Qian X, Xu Q, Li F, et al. Roles and mechanism of miR-199a and miR-125b in tumor angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56647 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rationale for new therapeutic approach to suppress tumor angiogenesis using miR-199a, miR-125b, or their mimics for ovarian cancer treatment in the future. ..
- Kim S, Lee U, Kim M, Lee E, Kim J, Lee M, et al. MicroRNA miR-199a* regulates the MET proto-oncogene and the downstream extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 (ERK2). J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18158-66 pubmed publisher..Coordinated down-regulation of both MET and its downstream effector ERK2 by miR-199a* may be effective in inhibiting not only cell proliferation but also motility and invasive capabilities of tumor cells. ..
- Chan Y, Roy S, Huang Y, Khanna S, Sen C. The microRNA miR-199a-5p down-regulation switches on wound angiogenesis by derepressing the v-ets erythroblastosis virus E26 oncogene homolog 1-matrix metalloproteinase-1 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41032-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, down-regulation of miR-199a-5p is involved in the induction of wound angiogenesis through derepressing of the Ets-1-MMP1 pathway. ..
- Henry J, Park J, Jiang J, Kim J, Nagorney D, Roberts L, et al. miR-199a-3p targets CD44 and reduces proliferation of CD44 positive hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;403:120-5 pubmed publisher..An inverse correlation between the expression of miR-199a-3p and CD44 protein was noted in primary HCC specimens. The ability of miR-199a-3p to selectively kill CD44+ HCC may be a useful targeted therapy for CD44+ HCC. ..
- Gu S, Chan W. Flexible and versatile as a chameleon-sophisticated functions of microRNA-199a. Int J Mol Sci. 2012;13:8449-66 pubmed publisher..This review provides a comprehensive survey of the literature on miR-199a as an example of the complexity of miRNA biology and suggests future directions for miRNA research. ..
- Qu Y, Huang X, Li Z, Liu J, Wu J, Chen D, et al. miR-199a-3p inhibits aurora kinase A and attenuates prostate cancer growth: new avenue for prostate cancer treatment. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:1541-9 pubmed publisher..Revealing novel mechanisms for oncogene inhibition by miRNA-mediated pathways offers new avenues for PCa treatment. ..
- Raimondi L, Amodio N, Di Martino M, Altomare E, Leotta M, Caracciolo D, et al. Targeting of multiple myeloma-related angiogenesis by miR-199a-5p mimics: in vitro and in vivo anti-tumor activity. Oncotarget. 2014;5:3039-54 pubmed
- Fan X, Zhou S, Zheng M, Deng X, Yi Y, Huang T. MiR-199a-3p enhances breast cancer cell sensitivity to cisplatin by downregulating TFAM (TFAM). Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:507-514 pubmed publisher..These results show that miR-199a-3p is able to attenuate cisplatin resistance in breast cancer cells through inhibiting TFAM expression. ..
- Wan D, He S, Xie B, Xu G, Gu W, Shen C, et al. Aberrant expression of miR-199a-3p and its clinical significance in colorectal cancers. Med Oncol. 2013;30:378 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miR-199a-3p may serve as an efficient biomarker for diagnosis and novel prognostic indicator in colorectal cancer. ..
- Celià Terrassa T, Liu D, Choudhury A, Hang X, Wei Y, Zamalloa J, et al. Normal and cancerous mammary stem cells evade interferon-induced constraint through the miR-199a-LCOR axis. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:711-723 pubmed publisher..Our study therefore reveals a common mechanism shared by normal and malignant stem cells to protect them from suppressive immune cytokine signalling. ..
- Wang Q, Yu X, Li Q, Qin L, Tan S, Zeng X, et al. Association between miR-199a rs74723057 and MET rs1621 polymorphisms and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:79365-79371 pubmed publisher..018). Our results suggest that MET rs1621 polymorphism, alone and combined with miR-199a rs74723057, may influence susceptibility to HCC. Further large-scale association studies and functional studies are needed to validate our findings. ..
- Yin J, Hou P, Wu Z, Wang T, Nie Y. Circulating miR-375 and miR-199a-3p as potential biomarkers for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4501-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that circulating miR-375 and miR-199a-3p could be a novel serum biomarker for HCC. Nevertheless, further validating and improving study with larger sample should be conducted to confirm our results. ..
- Chen M, Lin H, Shen C, Ma Y, Wang F, Zhao H, et al. PU.1-Regulated Long Noncoding RNA lnc-MC Controls Human Monocyte/Macrophage Differentiation through Interaction with MicroRNA 199a-5p. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:3212-24 pubmed publisher..1, by soaking up miR-199a-5p and releasing ACVR1B expression. Thus, we reveal a novel regulatory mechanism, comprising PU.1, lnc-MC, miR-199a-5p, and ACVR1B, in monocyte/macrophage differentiation. ..
- Kuninty P, Bojmar L, Tjomsland V, Larsson M, Storm G, Ã–stman A, et al. MicroRNA-199a and -214 as potential therapeutic targets in pancreatic stellate cells in pancreatic tumor. Oncotarget. 2016;7:16396-408 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study reveals miR-199a-3p and miR-214-3p as major regulators of PSC activation and PSC-induced pro-tumoral effects, representing them as key therapeutic targets in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Kim B, Yoo H, Kim I, Park J, Kim Yoon S. FZD6 expression is negatively regulated by miR-199a-5p in human colorectal cancer. BMB Rep. 2015;48:360-6 pubmed..These results suggest that overexpression of FZD6, mediated by reduced expression of miR-199a-5p, may play an important role in the development of CRC. ..
- Chao C, Wu P, Huang H, Chung H, Chou Y, Cai B, et al. Downregulation of miR-199a/b-5p is associated with GCNT2 induction upon epithelial-mesenchymal transition in colon cancer. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1902-1917 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of miR-199a/b-5p decreases GCNT2 expression and suppresses I antigen production. Based on these findings, we propose that miR-199a/b-5p regulates GCNT2 and I antigen expression in colon cancer cells undergoing EMT. ..
- Suzuki T, Mizutani K, Minami A, Nobutani K, Kurita S, Nagino M, et al. Suppression of the TGF-?1-induced protein expression of SNAI1 and N-cadherin by miR-199a. Genes Cells. 2014;19:667-75 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-199a suppresses the TGF-?1-induced protein expression of SNAI1 and N-cadherin. ..
- Huang G, Shan H, Li D, Zhou B, Pang P. MiR-199a-5p suppresses tumorigenesis by targeting clathrin heavy chain in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:98-104 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the frequently down-regulated miR-199a-5p can regulate CLTC and might function as a tumor suppressor in HCC. Therefore, miR-199a-5p may serve as a useful therapeutic agent for miRNA-based HCC therapy. ..
- Zhou G, Lu M, Chen J, Li C, Zhang J, Chen J, et al. Identification of miR-199a-5p in serum as noninvasive biomarkers for detecting and monitoring osteosarcoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8845-52 pubmed publisher..8606. Serum levels of miR-199a-5p were significantly lower in post- than preoperative samples. The results indicated the potential of circulating miRNAs as novel noninvasive biomarkers for detecting and monitoring osteosarcoma. ..
- Nonaka R, Nishimura J, Kagawa Y, Osawa H, Hasegawa J, Murata K, et al. Circulating miR-199a-3p as a novel serum biomarker for colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:2354-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, clinical and pathological survey indicated that high expression of miR-199a-3p was significantly associated with deep wall invasion. Our data suggest that circulating miR-199a-3p could be a novel serum biomarker for CRC. ..
- Yamac A, Kucukbuzcu S, Ozansoy M, Gok O, Oz K, Erturk M, et al. Altered expression of micro-RNA 199a and increased levels of cardiac SIRT1 protein are associated with the occurrence of atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:232-6 pubmed publisher..001). Altered expression of the SIRT1 protein regulating miR-199a in human atrial tissue was found to be related to the occurrence of POAF, indicating its usefulness as a biomarker for cardiac surgery management. ..
- Wu Z, Lu L, Liang J, Guo X, Zhang P, Luo S. Keloid microRNA expression analysis and the influence of miR-199a-5p on the proliferation of keloid fibroblasts. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:2727-38 pubmed publisher..The significantly lower expression of miRNA-199a-5p in keloids likely influences the cell cycle of KFs and restrains their proliferation, suggesting that miR-199a-5p probably plays a role in the regulation of KF proliferation. ..
- Zhang J, Wu G, Zhang Y, Feng Z, Zhu S. Propofol induces apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by upregulation of microRNA-199a expression. Cell Biol Int. 2013;37:227-32 pubmed publisher..Propofol can effectively induce apoptosis of HCC cells and modulation of miR-199a possibly contributes to the anti-tumour action of Propofol. Hence, Propofol might be an effective drug for HCC. ..
- Li Y, Wu Q, Liu J, Fan Y, Yu K, Cai Y. miRâ€‘199aâ€‘3p is involved in the pathogenesis and progression of diabetic neuropathy through downregulation of SerpinE2. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2417-2424 pubmed publisher..The present findings suggested that miRâ€‘199aâ€‘3p may have potential as a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of patients with DN. ..
- Si T, Liu C, Xu K, Gui Y. [Association of miR-199a expression with clinicopathologic characteristics and prognosis of renal cell carcinoma]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2012;32:1568-71 pubmed..miR-199a can serve as a promising prognostic factor of renal cell carcinoma. ..
- Mungunsukh O, Day R. Transforming growth factor-?1 selectively inhibits hepatocyte growth factor expression via a micro-RNA-199-dependent posttranscriptional mechanism. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2088-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that HGF is distinctly regulated at the posttranscriptional level from its antagonist NK2. ..
- Kinose Y, Sawada K, Nakamura K, Sawada I, Toda A, Nakatsuka E, et al. The hypoxia-related microRNA miR-199a-3p displays tumor suppressor functions in ovarian carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:11342-56 pubmed..Therefore, miR-199a-3p is a potential target for treating ovarian cancer dissemination. ..
- Chen B, Suen Y, Gu S, Li L, Chan W. A miR-199a/miR-214 self-regulatory network via PSMD10, TP53 and DNMT1 in testicular germ cell tumor. Sci Rep. 2014;4:6413 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings highlighted a miR-199a/miR-214/PSMD10/TP53/DNMT1 self-regulatory network, which might be a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of TGCT. ..
- Li Z, Song Y, Liu L, Hou N, An X, Zhan D, et al. miR-199a impairs autophagy and induces cardiac hypertrophy through mTOR activation. Cell Death Differ. 2017;24:1205-1213 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel role of miR-199a as a key regulator of cardiac autophagy, suggesting that targeting miRNAs controlling autophagy as a potential therapeutic strategy for cardiac disease. ..
- Wang H, Gao H, Duan S, Song X. Inhibition of microRNA-199a-5p reduces the replication of HCV via regulating the pro-survival pathway. Virus Res. 2015;208:7-12 pubmed publisher..miR-199a-5p might be a potential drug target for developing a novel strategy to combat HCV infection. ..
- Chatila W, Criner G, Hancock W, Akimova T, Moldover B, Chang J, et al. Blunted expression of miR-199a-5p in regulatory T cells of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease compared to unaffected smokers. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;177:341-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the abnormal repression of miR-199a-5p in patients with COPD compared to unaffected smokers may be involved in modulating the adaptive immune balance in favour of a Th1 and Th17 response. ..
- Zhao X, He L, Li T, Lu Y, Miao Y, Liang S, et al. SRF expedites metastasis and modulates the epithelial to mesenchymal transition by regulating miR-199a-5p expression in human gastric cancer. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:1900-13 pubmed publisher..As increased activity of the SRF/miR-199a-5p/E-cadherin pathway appears to promote GC cell EMT and metastasis, these regulators may therefore be developed as therapeutic targets or biomarkers for GC progression. ..
- Li J, Zhang Z, Xiong L, Guo C, Jiang T, Zeng L, et al. SNHG1 lncRNA negatively regulates miR-199a-3p to enhance CDK7 expression and promote cell proliferation in prostate cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:146-152 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings elucidated a novel mechanism of prostate cancer progression. Thus, SNHG1 might serve as a potential target for prostate cancer therapies. ..
- Yi H, Liang B, Jia J, Liang N, Xu H, Ju G, et al. Differential roles of miR-199a-5p in radiation-induced autophagy in breast cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:436-43 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that miR-199a-5p sensitizes MDA-MB-231 cells to irradiation. Therefore, our data identify miR-199a-5p as a novel and unique regulator of autophagy, which plays an important role in cancer biology and cancer therapy. ..
- Hassan T, Carroll T, Buckley P, Cummins R, O Neill S, McElvaney N, et al. miR-199a-5p silencing regulates the unfolded protein response in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and ?1-antitrypsin deficiency. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014;189:263-73 pubmed publisher..miR-199a-5p is a key regulator of the unfolded protein response in AAT-deficient monocytes, and epigenetic silencing of its expression regulates this process in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. ..
- Ukai T, Sato M, Akutsu H, Umezawa A, Mochida J. MicroRNA-199a-3p, microRNA-193b, and microRNA-320c are correlated to aging and regulate human cartilage metabolism. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1915-22 pubmed publisher..We believe that miR-199a-3p and miR-193b are involved in the senescence of chondrocytes, and miR-320c is involved in the juvenile properties of chondrocytes...
- Morita K, Shirabe K, Taketomi A, Soejima Y, Yoshizumi T, Uchiyama H, et al. Relevance of microRNA-18a and microRNA-199a-5p to hepatocellular carcinoma recurrence after living donor liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2016;22:665-76 pubmed publisher..MiR-18a and miR-199a-5p could be novel therapeutic targets of recurrent HCC after LDLT. Liver Transplantation 22 665-676 2016 AASLD. ..
- Kim J, Badawi M, Park J, Jiang J, Mo X, Roberts L, et al. Anti-invasion and anti-migration effects of miR-199a-3p in hepatocellular carcinoma are due in part to targeting CD151. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:2037-2045 pubmed publisher..We report that CD151 is a target of miR-199a-3p and that increased CD151 protein resulting from reduced miR-199a-3p could contribute to the development of metastatic HCC. ..
- Triozzi P, Achberger S, Aldrich W, Crabb J, Saunthararajah Y, Singh A. Association of tumor and plasma microRNA expression with tumor monosomy-3 in patients with uveal melanoma. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:80 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that potentially useful blood miRs may be derived from the host response as well as the tumor. ..
- Gui R, Huang R, Zhang J, Wen X, Nie X. MicroRNA-199a-5p inhibits VEGF-induced tumorigenesis through targeting oxidored-nitro domain-containing protein 1 in human HepG2 cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2216-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-199a-5p is critical for regulating cell proliferation and migration by targeting and upregulating NOR1 in human HepG2 cells. ..
- Liu G, Huang Y, Tzeng H, Tsai C, Wang S, Tang C. CCL5 promotes vascular endothelial growth factor expression and induces angiogenesis by down-regulating miR-199a in human chondrosarcoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2015;357:476-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated that CCL5 promotes VEGF-dependent angiogenesis in human chondrosarcoma cells by downregulating miR-199a. ..
- Liu J, Wang Y, Cui J, Sun M, Pu Z, Wang C, et al. miR199a-3p regulates P53 by targeting CABLES1 in mouse cardiac c-kit+ cells to promote proliferation and inhibit apoptosis through a negative feedback loop. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:127 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR199a-3p and P53 are coupled through CABLES1 and comprise a novel negative feedback loop that likely contributes to cardiac c-kit+ cell proliferation and apoptosis. ..
- Dai L, Lou W, Zhu J, Zhou X, Di W. MiR-199a inhibits the angiogenic potential of endometrial stromal cells under hypoxia by targeting HIF-1Î±/VEGF pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:4735-44 pubmed..Therefore, miR-199a may play pivotal roles in the pathogenesis of endometriosis and may become a potential therapeutic target of this disease. ..
- Shin V, Siu J, Cheuk I, Ng E, Kwong A. Circulating cell-free miRNAs as biomarker for triple-negative breast cancer. Br J Cancer. 2015;112:1751-9 pubmed publisher..The expression levels were associated with TNM stage and tumour subtypes. Our data suggest that miR-199a-5p could be a TNBC-specific marker with diagnostic value and provide insights into targeted therapy in the treatment of TNBC. ..
- Kong Y, Bai P, Sun H, Nan K, Chen N, Qi X. The deoxycholic acid targets miRNA-dependent CAC1 gene expression in multidrug resistance of human colorectal cancer. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012;44:2321-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-199a-5p is a useful therapeutic target for colorectal cancer. ..
- Conde Perez A, Gros G, Longvert C, Pedersen M, Petit V, Aktary Z, et al. A caveolin-dependent and PI3K/AKT-independent role of PTEN in Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8093 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a mechanism by which loss of PTEN increases CAV1-mediated dissociation of Î²-catenin from membranous E-cadherin, which may promote senescence bypass and metastasis. ..
- Wang Y, Luo J, Wang X, Yang B, Cui L. MicroRNA-199a-5p Induced Autophagy and Inhibits the Pathogenesis of Ankylosing Spondylitis by Modulating the mTOR Signaling via Directly Targeting Ras Homolog Enriched in Brain (Rheb). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:2481-2491 pubmed publisher..AS patients with advanced spinal damage had decreased autophagy levels and that miRNA-199a-5p may induce autophagy and inhibit the pathogenesis of AS by modulating the mTOR signaling via direct targeting Rheb. ..
- Yang G, Yang L, Wang W, Wang J, Wang J, Xu Z. Discovery and validation of extracellular/circulating microRNAs during idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis disease progression. Gene. 2015;562:138-44 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated that extracellular/circulating miRNAs in serum could be potentially served as novel regulators influencing disease progression of IPF. ..
- Chiang D, Zhang M, Voigt N, Alsina K, Jakob H, Martin J, et al. Identification of microRNA-mRNA dysregulations in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Int J Cardiol. 2015;184:190-7 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required to investigate the potential involvement of the gonadotropin releasing hormone receptor and p53 pathways in AF pathogenesis. ..
- El Abd N, Fawzy N, El Sheikh S, Soliman M. Circulating miRNA-122, miRNA-199a, and miRNA-16 as Biomarkers for Early Detection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Egyptian Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Mol Diagn Ther. 2015;19:213-20 pubmed publisher..Serum miR-199a and miR-16 could be used as potential indicators of the progress of HCC. ..
- Williams K, Renthal N, Gerard R, Mendelson C. The microRNA (miR)-199a/214 cluster mediates opposing effects of progesterone and estrogen on uterine contractility during pregnancy and labor. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:1857-67 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify miR-199a-3p/miR-214 as important regulators of myometrial contractility and provide new insight into strategies to prevent preterm birth. ..
- Byrnes K, Phatak P, Mansour D, Xiao L, Zou T, Rao J, et al. Overexpression of miR-199a-5p decreases esophageal cancer cell proliferation through repression of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase-11 (MAP3K11). Oncotarget. 2016;7:8756-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-199a-5p acts as a tumor suppressor in esophageal cancer cells and that its downregulation contributes to enhanced cellular proliferation by targeting MAP3K11. ..
- Dai B, Geng L, Wang Y, Sui C, Xie F, Shen R, et al. microRNA-199a-5p protects hepatocytes from bile acid-induced sustained endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e604 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we also suggest that the miRNA miR-199a-5p is a potential target for clinical approaches aiming to protect hepatocytes in liver disease...
- Li S, Wang Z, Mi X, Liu L, Tan Y. MiR-199a/b-3p suppresses migration and invasion of breast cancer cells by downregulating PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. IUBMB Life. 2015;67:768-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-199a/b-3p functions as a tumor suppressor and has an important role in breast cancer metastasis through PAK4/MEK/ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Mizuno S, Bogaard H, Gomez Arroyo J, Alhussaini A, Kraskauskas D, Cool C, et al. MicroRNA-199a-5p is associated with hypoxia-inducible factor-1? expression in lungs from patients with COPD. Chest. 2012;142:663-672 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-34a and miR-199a-5p contribute to the pathogenesis of COPD, and these miRNAs may also affect the HIF-1?-dependent lung structure maintenance program. ..
- Baumgarten A, Bang C, Tschirner A, Engelmann A, Adams V, von Haehling S, et al. TWIST1 regulates the activity of ubiquitin proteasome system via the miR-199/214 cluster in human end-stage dilated cardiomyopathy. Int J Cardiol. 2013;168:1447-52 pubmed publisher..The TWIST1/miR-199/214 axis is down-regulated in dilated cardiomyopathy, which is likely to play a role in the increased activity of the UPS. This may contribute to the loss of cardiac mass during dilatation of the heart. ..
- Lan T, Ma W, Hong Z, Wu L, Chen X, Yuan Y. Long non-coding RNA small nucleolar RNA host gene 12 (SNHG12) promotes tumorigenesis and metastasis by targeting miR-199a/b-5p in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2017;36:11 pubmed publisher..SNHG12 functioned as an endogenous sponge for miR-199a/b-5p to regulate the expression of MLK3 and affect the NF-ÎºB pathway. SNHG12 may serve as a valuable biomarker and a potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Li C, Li J, Cai Q, Qiu Q, Yan M, Liu B, et al. miRNA-199a-3p in plasma as a potential diagnostic biomarker for gastric cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20 Suppl 3:S397-405 pubmed publisher..In gastric cancer tissue, miRNA-199a-3p was expressed in the cytoplasm of tumor cells. miRNA-199a-3p in plasma could be a novel potential diagnostic biomarker for gastric cancer detection. ..
- MatÃ R, Palladino C, Nicolosi M, Lo Presti A, Malaguarnera R, Ragusa M, et al. IGF-I induces upregulation of DDR1 collagen receptor in breast cancer cells by suppressing MIR-199a-5p through the PI3K/AKT pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:7683-700 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this signaling pathway may represent an important target for breast cancers with over-activation of the IGF-IR axis. ..
- Zhang S, Liu L, Wang R, Tuo H, Guo Y, Yi L, et al. MiR-199a-5p promotes migration and tube formation of human cytomegalovirus-infected endothelial cells through downregulation of SIRT1 and eNOS. Arch Virol. 2013;158:2443-52 pubmed publisher..In summary, HCMV infection of endothelial cells upregulates miR-199a-5p expression and enhances cell migration and tube formation through downregulation of SIRT1/eNOS by miR-199a-5p. ..
- Wang S, Zhou J, He Q, Yin Z, Cao K, Luo C. MiR-199a inhibits the ability of proliferation and migration by regulating CD44-Ezrin signaling in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:7131-41 pubmed
- Ouyang L, Liu P, Yang S, Ye S, Xu W, Liu X. A three-plasma miRNA signature serves as novel biomarkers for osteosarcoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30:340 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that altered levels of circulating miRNAs might have great potential to serve as novel, non-invasive biomarkers for osteosarcoma. ..
- Mussnich P, Rosa R, Bianco R, Fusco A, D Angelo D. MiR-199a-5p and miR-375 affect colon cancer cell sensitivity to cetuximab by targeting PHLPP1. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2015;19:1017-26 pubmed publisher..This study proposes miR-199a-5p and miR-375 as contributors to CTX resistance in colon cancer and suggests a novel approach based on miRNAs as tools for the therapy of this tumor. ..