Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR196A2
Description: microRNA 196a-2
Alias: MIRN196-2, MIRN196A2
- Christensen B, Avissar Whiting M, Ouellet L, Butler R, Nelson H, McClean M, et al. Mature microRNA sequence polymorphism in MIR196A2 is associated with risk and prognosis of head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:3713-20 pubmed publisher..A polymorphism in the MIR196A2 locus has shown associations with lung, breast, esophageal, and gastric tumors but has not been examined in head ..
- Jedlinski D, Gabrovska P, Weinstein S, Smith R, Griffiths L. Single nucleotide polymorphism in hsa-mir-196a-2 and breast cancer risk: a case control study. Twin Res Hum Genet. 2011;14:417-21 pubmed publisher..As there is a discrepancy between our results and previous findings, it is important to assess the role of rs11614913 in breast cancer by further larger studies investigating different ethnic groups. ..
- Qiu L, Wang Y, Xia Z, Xi B, Mao C, Wang J, et al. miR-196a2 C allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for cancer development. Cytokine. 2011;56:589-92 pubmed publisher..TT: OR=1.19, 95% CI=1.06-1.35; dominant model: OR=1.13, 95% CI=1.01-1.25). Despite some limitations, this meta-analysis suggests that the miR-196a2 C allele is a low-penetrant risk factor for cancer development. ..
- Qi P, Dou T, Geng L, Zhou F, Gu X, Wang H, et al. Association of a variant in MIR 196A2 with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in male Chinese patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Hum Immunol. 2010;71:621-6 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have implicated that the rs11614913 SNP in MIR196A2 was associated with susceptibility of lung cancer, congenital heart disease, breast cancer and shortened survival ..
- Zhan J, Chen L, Chen Z, Yuan Y, Xie G, Sun A, et al. A functional variant in microRNA-196a2 is associated with susceptibility of colorectal cancer in a Chinese population. Arch Med Res. 2011;42:144-8 pubmed publisher..010 or = 0.022). The present study provides the first evidence that miR-196a2 polymorphism may contribute to CRC susceptibility in a Chinese population through modulating mature miR-196a expression. ..
- Li X, Li Z, Song X, Liu C. A variant in microRNA-196a2 is associated with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese patients with cirrhosis. Pathology. 2010;42:669-73 pubmed publisher..006 or =0.002). Our results suggest, for the first time, that miR-196a2 polymorphism may contribute to cirrhosis-related HCC susceptibility in Chinese patients through influencing mature miR-196a expression. ..
- Chu H, Wang M, Shi D, Ma L, Zhang Z, Tong N, et al. Hsa-miR-196a2 Rs11614913 polymorphism contributes to cancer susceptibility: evidence from 15 case-control studies. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18108 pubmed publisher..24, 95% CI=1.07-1.43, Pheterogeneity=0.006). These findings supported that hsa-miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism may contribute to the susceptibility of cancers. ..
- Tian T, Shu Y, Chen J, Hu Z, Xu L, Jin G, et al. A functional genetic variant in microRNA-196a2 is associated with increased susceptibility of lung cancer in Chinese. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:1183-7 pubmed publisher..However, no significant effects were observed on the association between the other three SNPs and lung cancer risk. These findings suggest that functional SNP rs11614913 in miR-196a2 could also contribute to lung cancer susceptibility. ..
- Xu J, Hu Z, Xu Z, Gu H, Yi L, Cao H, et al. Functional variant in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the susceptibility of congenital heart disease in a Chinese population. Hum Mutat. 2009;30:1231-6 pubmed publisher..001). In vitro binding assays further revealed that the rs11614913 variant affects HOXB8 binding to mature miR-196a. This is the first study to indicate that miR-196a2 rs11614913 plays a role in sporadic CHD susceptibility. ..
- Vinci S, Gelmini S, Pratesi N, Conti S, Malentacchi F, Simi L, et al. Genetic variants in miR-146a, miR-149, miR-196a2, miR-499 and their influence on relative expression in lung cancers. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2011;49:2073-80 pubmed publisher..042 and 1.77 OR). Our results seem to demonstrate that sequence variants of miR-196a2 can have an influence on its expression, while miR-146a can have a role in increasing the risk of NSCLC. ..
- Lin J, Horikawa Y, Tamboli P, Clague J, Wood C, Wu X. Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1805-12 pubmed publisher..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results. ..
- Gao L, Bai P, Pan X, Jia J, Li L, Liang W, et al. The association between two polymorphisms in pre-miRNAs and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;125:571-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that has-miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism may play crucial roles in breast cancer development. ..
- Guo J, Jin M, Zhang M, Chen K. A genetic variant in miR-196a2 increased digestive system cancer risks: a meta-analysis of 15 case-control studies. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30585 pubmed publisher..Besides, C allele may contribute to increased digestive cancer risks. ..
- Min K, Kim J, Jeon Y, Jang M, Chong S, Oh D, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, 149C>T, 196a2C>T, and 499A>G polymorphisms with colorectal cancer in the Korean population. Mol Carcinog. 2012;51 Suppl 1:E65-73 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the miRNA variants could affect the development of colorectal cancer in the Korean population. ..
- Zhang X, Pan S, Feng Y, Liu J, Dong J, Zhang Y, et al. [Relationship between genetic polymorphism in microRNAs precursor and genetic predisposition of hepatocellular carcinoma]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;45:239-43 pubmed..hsa-mir-146a rs2910164 C?G and hsa-mir-196-a2 rs11614913 T?C may not play an important role in the HCC predisposition among Chinese populations. ..
- Wang Z, Cao Y, Jiang C, Yang G, Wu J, Ding Y. Lack of association of two common polymorphisms rs2910164 and rs11614913 with susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40039 pubmed publisher..This meta-analysis suggests that two common SNPs rs2910164 and rs11614913 are not associated with the risk of HCC. Well-designed studies with larger sample size and more ethnic groups are required to further validate the results. ..
- Yekta S, Shih I, Bartel D. MicroRNA-directed cleavage of HOXB8 mRNA. Science. 2004;304:594-6 pubmed
- Linhares J, Azevedo M, Siufi A, De Carvalho C, Wolgien M, Noronha E, et al. Evaluation of single nucleotide polymorphisms in microRNAs (hsa-miR-196a2 rs11614913 C/T) from Brazilian women with breast cancer. BMC Med Genet. 2012;13:119 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicated that the CC polymorphic genotype is associated with a decreased risk of BC and the presence of the T allele was significantly associated with an increased risk of BC. ..
- Mittal R, Gangwar R, George G, Mittal T, Kapoor R. Investigative role of pre-microRNAs in bladder cancer patients: a case-control study in North India. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:401-6 pubmed publisher..This could further provide new prospects for understanding the underlying mechanisms between miRNAs and disease etiology. ..
- Catucci I, Yang R, Verderio P, Pizzamiglio S, Heesen L, Hemminki K, et al. Evaluation of SNPs in miR-146a, miR196a2 and miR-499 as low-penetrance alleles in German and Italian familial breast cancer cases. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:E1052-7 pubmed publisher..None of the performed analyses showed statistically significant results. In conclusion, our data suggested lack of association between SNPs rs2910164, rs11614913 and rs3746444 and breast cancer risk, or age at breast cancer onset. ..
- Zhu L, Chu H, Gu D, Ma L, Shi D, Zhong D, et al. A functional polymorphism in miRNA-196a2 is associated with colorectal cancer risk in a Chinese population. DNA Cell Biol. 2012;31:350-4 pubmed publisher..65, 95% CI=1.11-2.46). Our results suggest that the functional polymorphism rs11614913 in miRNA-196a2 is involved in the etiology of CRC and, thus, may be a marker for genetic susceptibility to CRC. ..
- Xu W, Xu J, Liu S, Chen B, Wang X, Li Y, et al. Effects of common polymorphisms rs11614913 in miR-196a2 and rs2910164 in miR-146a on cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20471 pubmed publisher..Besides, the C allele of the rs2910164 might be associated with a protection from digestive cancer. ..
- Zhang J, Wang R, Ma Y, Chen L, Jin B, Yu H, et al. Association between single nucleotide polymorphisms in miRNA196a-2 and miRNA146a and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:6427-31 pubmed..01). This study demonstrated a role of rs11614913 in the etiology of HCC. Further research should focus on the clinical use of this miRNA SNP, so as to facilitate conquering HCC. ..
- Liu Z, Li G, Wei S, Niu J, El Naggar A, Sturgis E, et al. Genetic variants in selected pre-microRNA genes and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer. 2010;116:4753-60 pubmed publisher..The combined risk genotypes of 4 common SNPs in pre-miRNAs were associated significantly with a moderately increased risk of SCCHN. Larger studies are needed to validate the current findings. ..
- Braig S, Mueller D, Rothhammer T, Bosserhoff A. MicroRNA miR-196a is a central regulator of HOX-B7 and BMP4 expression in malignant melanoma. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:3535-48 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study provides insights into the early steps of melanoma progression and might thereby harbor therapeutic relevance. ..
- Okubo M, Tahara T, Shibata T, Yamashita H, Nakamura M, Yoshioka D, et al. Association between common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs and gastric cancer risk in Japanese population. Helicobacter. 2010;15:524-31 pubmed publisher..49, p =.03). The rs2910164 (G>C) SNP in the miR-146a is associated with susceptibility to GC. In addition, the rs11614913 (C>T) SNP in the miR-196a2 is associated with the degree of H. pylori-induced mononuclear cell infiltration. ..
- Ghanbari M, Sedaghat S, de Looper H, Hofman A, Erkeland S, Franco O, et al. The association of common polymorphisms in miR-196a2 with waist to hip ratio and miR-1908 with serum lipid and glucose. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2015;23:495-503 pubmed publisher..3 Ã— 10(-10) , Î²=0.02). In addition, a number of miR-1908 target genes were highlighted as potential mediators. The results indicated miRNA-dependent regulation of fat distribution by miR-196a2 and of lipid metabolism by miR-1908. ..
- Cho S, An H, Kim K, Ko J, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms at miR-146a/196a2 and their primary ovarian insufficiency-related target gene regulation in granulosa cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183479 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-146aC>G and miR-196a2T>C can regulate the levels of many of their target transcripts. In addition, specific target genes of miR-146aC>G polymorphisms may be involved in granulosa cell regulation. ..
- Du M, Lu D, Wang Q, Chu H, Tong N, Pan X, et al. Genetic variations in microRNAs and the risk and survival of renal cell cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1629-35 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the miR-196a2 rs11614913 may contribute to the genetic susceptibility and prognosis for RCC, which may act as a biomarker for RCC occurrence and prognosis. ..
- Han Q, Zhou C, Liu F, Xu G, Zheng R, Zhang X. MicroRNA-196a post-transcriptionally upregulates the UBE2C proto-oncogene and promotes cell proliferation in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:877-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-196a may be a potential oncogene in breast cancer and a promising therapeutic target in breast cancer treatment. ..
- Jeon Y, Kim S, Rah H, Choi D, Cha S, Yoon T, et al. Association of the miR-146aC>G, miR-149T>C, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with risk of spontaneously aborted fetuses. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012;68:408-17 pubmed publisher..miR-196a2CC, miR-146aCC/miR-196a2CC, and miR-149TT/miR-196a2CC in fetuses are possible risk factors for spontaneous abortion. ..
- Kim K, Madak Erdogan Z, Ventrella R, Katzenellenbogen B. A MicroRNA196a2* and TP63 circuit regulated by estrogen receptor-? and ERK2 that controls breast cancer proliferation and invasiveness properties. Horm Cancer. 2013;4:78-91 pubmed publisher..Manipulating the hsa-miR-196a2*-TP63 axis might provide a potential tumor-suppressive strategy to alleviate the aggressive behavior and poor prognosis of some ER?-positive as well as many ER?-negative breast cancers. ..
- Makino K, Jinnin M, Aoi J, Hirano A, Kajihara I, Makino T, et al. Discoidin domain receptor 2-microRNA 196a-mediated negative feedback against excess type I collagen expression is impaired in scleroderma dermal fibroblasts. J Invest Dermatol. 2013;133:110-9 pubmed publisher..DDR2-microRNA-196a pathway may be a previously unreported negative feedback system, and its impairment may be involved in the pathogenesis of SSc. ..
- Li J, Cheng G, Wang S. A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism of miR-196a2T>C rs11614913 Is Associated with Hepatocellular Carcinoma in the Chinese Population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:213-5 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that the CT+CC genotypes of rs11614913 were significantly associated with an increased risk and poor prognosis for HCC in the Chinese population. ..
- Hong X, Cao H, Zhao F, Pan X, Zhang K, Xu Q, et al. [MiR-196a-2 gene polymorphism and the antiviral therapy of chronic hepatitis C]. Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi. 2010;24:470-2 pubmed
- Hussein M, Toraih E, Aly N, Riad E, Fawzy M. A passenger strand variant in miR-196a2 contributes to asthma severity in children and adolescents: A preliminary study. Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;94:347-57 pubmed publisher..Further investigations in studies with a larger sample size and functional tests are needed to validate our findings and to explore the detailed biological mechanisms. ..
- Steele C, Oien K, McKay C, Jamieson N. Clinical potential of microRNAs in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. 2011;40:1165-71 pubmed publisher..Equally as exciting is the potential for novel therapeutics directed against these important disease mediators. ..
- Rah H, Jeon Y, Shim S, Cha S, Choi D, Kwon H, et al. Association of miR-146aC>G, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with risk of premature ovarian failure in Korean women. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:60-8 pubmed publisher..05 for each). However, none of the 3 miRNA polymorphisms alone was associated with POF risk. Our findings suggest that putative gene-gene interaction between miR-146 and miR-196a2 may be involved in POF development. ..
- Liu C, Tsai M, Tu H, Lui M, Cheng H, Lin S. miR-196a overexpression and miR-196a2 gene polymorphism are prognostic predictors of oral carcinomas. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20 Suppl 3:S406-14 pubmed publisher..High miR-196a expression in tumor tissue and the presence of the TT variant of miR-196a2 gene indicate worse survival in OSCC. ..
- Su Y, Li J, Guo Y, Cai F, Cai X, Pan H, et al. A Functional Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism in Pre-microRNA-196a2 is Associated with Atrial Fibrillation in Han Chinese. Clin Lab. 2015;61:1179-85 pubmed..10 Â± 8.74 vs. 35.13 Â± 8.16, p = 0.0224). Our data support that the pre-miR-196a2 polymorphism is associated with AF, and the C allele is a risk factor for AF. ..
- Li M, Li R, Bai H, Xiao P, Liu G, Guo Y, et al. Association between the pre-miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism and gastric cancer susceptibility in a Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..63, 95%CI = 1.54-30.76). In conclusion, the results of our study suggest an association between the rs11614913 gene polymorphism and an elevated risk of gastric cancer, especially in drinkers. ..
- Lindor N, Larson M, DeRycke M, McDonnell S, Baheti S, Fogarty Z, et al. Germline miRNA DNA variants and the risk of colorectal cancer by subtype. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:177-184 pubmed publisher..2016 The Authors Genes, Chromosomes & Cancer Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Qi J, Wang J, Chen J, Shen F, Huang J, Sen S, et al. High-resolution melting analysis reveals genetic polymorphisms in microRNAs confer hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Chinese patients. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:643 pubmed publisher..05). Our findings suggest that the SNPs in miR-196a2 Câ€‰>â€‰T and miR-499 Câ€‰>â€‰T confer HCC risk and that affect the clinical laboratory characteristics of HCC patients. ..
- Misra M, Pandey S, Kapoor R, Sharma R, Agrawal S. Genetic variants of MicroRNA-related genes in susceptibility and prognosis of end-stage renal disease and renal allograft outcome among north Indians. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2014;24:442-50 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of MIR146A C>G (rs2910164), MIR149 T>C (rs2292832), MIR196A2 T>C (rs11614913), and MIR499A A>G (rs3746444) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) among end-stage renal ..
- Hezova R, Kovarikova A, Bienertova Vasku J, Sachlova M, Redova M, Vasku A, et al. Evaluation of SNPs in miR-196-a2, miR-27a and miR-146a as risk factors of colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2012;18:2827-31 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a lack of association between rs11614913, rs895819 and rs2910164 and colorectal cancer risk in the Central-European Caucasian population, a population with an extremely high incidence of sporadic colorectal cancer. ..
- Zhu R, Liu X, He Z, Li Q. miR-146a and miR-196a2 polymorphisms in patients with ischemic stroke in the northern Chinese Han population. Neurochem Res. 2014;39:1709-16 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that miR-146a (rs2910164) might contribute to ischemic stroke susceptibility in the northern Chinese Han population. ..
- Xu L, Tang W. Associations of Polymorphisms in mir-196a2, mir-146a and mir-149 with Colorectal Cancer Risk: A Meta-Analysis. Pathol Oncol Res. 2016;22:261-7 pubmed publisher..The current meta-analysis suggests that mir-196a2 polymorphism is associated with CRC, especially in Asian group. While, no associations have been found between mir-146a /mir-149 polymorphisms and CRC. ..
- Wang M, Ye Y, Qian H, Song Z, Jia X, Zhang Z, et al. Common genetic variants in pre-microRNAs are associated with risk of coal workers' pneumoconiosis. J Hum Genet. 2010;55:13-7 pubmed publisher..50, 95% CI=1.05-2.14 for stage II, and OR=3.33, 95% CI=1.67-6.65 for stage III). These results suggest that miR-149 rs2292832 polymorphism is involved in susceptibility to developing CWP. ..
- Fan Y, Fan J, Huang L, Ye M, Huang Z, Wang Y, et al. Increased expression of microRNA-196a predicts poor prognosis in human ovarian carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:4132-7 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-196a may play an important role in the progression of ovarian carcinoma, and could be used as an independent prognostic biomarker for patients with ovarian carcinoma. ..
- Zhang L, Hao B, Zhang C, Dai X, Zhang F. Contributions of polymorphisms in miR146a, miR196a, and miR499 to the development of hepatocellular carcinoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that the GG and CG genotypes of miR-146a increased the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese population. ..
- Dai Z, Shao Y, Wang X, Xu D, Kang H, Ren H, et al. Five common functional polymorphisms in microRNAs (rs2910164, rs2292832, rs11614913, rs3746444, rs895819) and the susceptibility to breast cancer: evidence from 8361 cancer cases and 8504 controls. Curr Pharm Des. 2015;21:1455-63 pubmed..Our meta-analysis results suggested that the rs2910164 and rs3746444 polymorphisms are associated with increased BC risk, while the rs11614913 and rs895819 polymorphisms correlate with reduced BC risk. ..
- Qi P, Wang L, Zhou B, Yao W, Xu S, Zhou Y, et al. Associations of miRNA polymorphisms and expression levels with breast cancer risk in the Chinese population. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:6289-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-146a rs2910164 G>C and miR-196a2 rs11614913 T>C may be biomarkers for predicting breast cancer risk in the Chinese population. ..
- Cho S, Chung K, Kim J, Jang H, Yoo J, Choi Y, et al. Association of miR-146aC>G, miR-149C>T, miR-196a2T>C, and miR-499A>G polymorphisms with risk of recurrent implantation failure in Korean women. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2016;202:14-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that expression levels of miR-146aC>G, miR-196a2T>C and putative gene-gene interaction between miR-146a, miR-196a2, miR-149 may be involved in RIF development in Korean women. ..
- Qi J, Hou S, Zhang Q, Liao D, Wei L, Fang J, et al. A functional variant of pre-miRNA-196a2 confers risk for Behcet's disease but not for Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome or AAU in ankylosing spondylitis. Hum Genet. 2013;132:1395-404 pubmed publisher..This study shows that a functional variant of miR-196a2 confers risk for BD but not for VKH syndrome or AAU(+)AS(+) by modulating the miR-196a gene expression and by regulating pro-inflammatory IL-1? and MCP-1 production. ..
- Wang F, Sun G, Zou Y, Fan L, Song B. Quantitative assessment of the association between miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism and gastrointestinal cancer risk. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:109-16 pubmed publisher..For gastric cancer, a significantly increased cancer risk was observed only in homozygote comparison. This meta-analysis demonstrates that miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism is significantly associated with risk of GI cancers. ..
- Han Y, Pu R, Han X, Zhao J, Zhang Y, Zhang Q, et al. Associations of pri-miR-34b/c and pre-miR-196a2 polymorphisms and their multiplicative interactions with hepatitis B virus mutations with hepatocellular carcinoma risk. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58564 pubmed publisher..rs11614913 might not be a HCC susceptible factor but it might affect the effects of the HBV mutations or rs4938723 on HCC risk. ..
- Kim H, Yoon J, Lee H, Cheong J, Cho S, Shin H, et al. MicroRNA-196A-2 polymorphisms and hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic hepatitis B. J Med Virol. 2014;86:446-53 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the miR-196a-2 rs12304647 CC genotype had a protective effect against development of HCC in comparison to the AA or AC genotypes in patients with chronic hepatitis and cirrhosis. ..
- Zhao H, Xu J, Zhao D, Geng M, Ge H, Fu L, et al. Somatic Mutation of the SNP rs11614913 and Its Association with Increased MIR 196A2 Expression in Breast Cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:81-7 pubmed publisher..In addition, it indicated that an unknown mechanism is responsible for both the mutation of SNP rs11614913 and the dysregulation of mature MIR 196A2 expression. ..
- Kim Y, Hong S. Associations of MicroRNA Polymorphisms (miR-146a, miR-196a2, and miR-499) with the Risk of Hypertension in the Korean Population. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:420-6 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the variant of miR-146aC>G polymorphism and allelic combinations, at least in Koreans, affect susceptibility to hypertension. ..
- Li X, Li K, Wu Z. Association of four common SNPs in microRNA polymorphisms with the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:9560-6 pubmed..89 (1.19-7.02). In conclusion, miR-196a2 rs11614913 polymorphism may contribute to identifying individuals, especially in HBV-infected subjects, who are at high risk for HCC. ..
- Buraczynska M, Zukowski P, Wacinski P, Ksiazek K, Zaluska W. Polymorphism in microRNA-196a2 contributes to the risk of cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes patients. J Diabetes Complications. 2014;28:617-20 pubmed publisher..This provides further insights on pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes patients. ..
- Hao Y, Wang J, Zhao L. The effect and mechanism of miR196a in HepG2 cell. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;72:1-5 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-196a can effect the proliferation, the apoptosis and migration of HepG2 cell lines by gene HOXB8, caspase-3 regulation. However, there is no correlation between miRNA196a and P53 and HOXB9. ..