Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR194-1
Description: microRNA 194-1
- Xu J, Kang Y, Liao W, Yu L. MiR-194 regulates chondrogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells by targeting Sox5. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31861 pubmed publisher..These findings, taken together, are the first to illustrate the critical role of miR-194 in hASC chondrogenesis, and may provide novel insight beneficial to cell manipulation methods during cartilage regeneration. ..
- Xu Y, Xie Y, Wang X, Chen X, Liu Q, Ying M, et al. Identification of cancer stem cells from hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines and their related microRNAs. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2056-62 pubmed publisher..Altogether, 27 CSC-specific miRNAs were determined in PLC/PRF/5; miR-9* and miR-194 were identified as the common CSC-specific miRNAs across the three HCC cell lines. ..
- Grassmann F, Schoenberger P, Brandl C, Schick T, Hasler D, Meister G, et al. A circulating microrna profile is associated with late-stage neovascular age-related macular degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107461 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of hsa-mir-361-5p resulted in increased neovascularization in an in vitro angiogenesis assay. ..
- Khella H, Bakhet M, Allo G, Jewett M, Girgis A, Latif A, et al. miR-192, miR-194 and miR-215: a convergent microRNA network suppressing tumor progression in renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2231-9 pubmed publisher..These findings were validated on an independent data set from The Cancer Genome Atlas. These results can pave the way to the clinical use of miRNAs as prognostic markers and therapeutic targets. ..
- Han K, Zhao T, Chen X, Bian N, Yang T, Ma Q, et al. microRNA-194 suppresses osteosarcoma cell proliferation and metastasis in vitro and in vivo by targeting CDH2 and IGF1R. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:1437-49 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of miR-194 inhibited tumor growth and metastasis of osteosarcoma probably by downregulating CDH2 and IGF1R. miR-194 may prove to be a promising therapeutic agent for osteosarcoma. ..
- Guo B, Hui Q, Zhang Y, Chang P, Tao K. miR-194 is a negative regulator of GEF-H1 pathway in melanoma. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2412-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-194 expression is negatively associated with tumor-node-metastasis (TNM) stages. Briefly, our findings provided new theoretical basis for melanoma treatment. ..
- Wang H, Yu Y, Fan S, Luo L. Knockdown of Long Non-Coding RNA NEAT1 Inhibits Proliferation and Invasion and Induces Apoptosis of Osteosarcoma by Inhibiting miR-194 Expression. Yonsei Med J. 2017;58:1092-1100 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of NEAT1 suppressed proliferation and invasion and induced apoptosis in osteosarcoma cells by inhibiting miR-194 expression. ..
- Cui G, Liu D, Li W, Li Y, Liang Y, Shi W, et al. Original Research: miR-194 inhibits proliferation and invasion and promotes apoptosis by targeting KDM5B in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:45-52 pubmed..These findings offer new clues for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma development and progression and novel potential therapeutic targets for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Mi J, Zou Y, Lin X, Lu J, Liu X, Zhao H, et al. Dysregulation of the miR-194-CUL4B negative feedback loop drives tumorigenesis in non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Mol Oncol. 2017;11:305-319 pubmed publisher..The function of miR-194 as a negative regulator of CUL4B has therapeutic implications in lung cancer. ..
- Yu X, An J, Hua Y, Li Z, Yan N, Fan W, et al. MicroRNA-194 regulates keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation by targeting Grainyhead-like 2 in psoriasis. Pathol Res Pract. 2017;213:89-97 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of miR-194 expression may contribute to the pathogenesis of psoriasis and targeting miR-194 may represent a novel and potential therapeutic strategy for psoriasis. ..
- Bai M, Zhang M, Long F, Yu N, Zeng A, Zhao R. Circulating microRNA-194 regulates human melanoma cells via PI3K/AKT/FoxO3a and p53/p21 signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2702-2710 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that circulating microRNA-194 regulated human melanoma cells via PI3K/AKT/FoxO3a and p53/p21 signaling pathway. ..
- Tian H, Liu C, Zou X, Wu W, Zhang C, Yuan D. MiRNA-194 Regulates Palmitic Acid-Induced Toll-Like Receptor 4 Inflammatory Responses in THP-1 Cells. Nutrients. 2015;7:3483-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-194 negatively regulates the TLR4 signal pathway which is activated by PA through directly negative TRAF6 expression. ..
- Zhao Y, Li F, Zhang X, Liu A, Qi J, Cui H, et al. MicroRNA-194 acts as a prognostic marker and inhibits proliferation in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting MAP4K4. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12446-54 pubmed..Together, our findings indicate that miR-194 may serve as a valuable prognostic marker and promising interventional therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Zhu X, Li D, Yu F, Jia C, Xie J, Ma Y, et al. miR-194 inhibits the proliferation, invasion, migration, and enhances the chemosensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting forkhead box A1 protein. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13139-52 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that miR-194 inhibits proliferation and metastasis and reverses cisplatin-resistance of NSCLC cells and may be useful as a new potential therapeutic target for NSCLC. ..
- Bernuzzi F, Marabita F, Lleo A, Carbone M, Mirolo M, Marzioni M, et al. Serum microRNAs as novel biomarkers for primary sclerosing cholangitis and cholangiocarcinoma. Clin Exp Immunol. 2016;185:61-71 pubmed publisher..Combination of these specific miRNAs further improved the specificity and accuracy of diagnosis. This study provides a basis for the use of miRNAs as biomarkers for the diagnosis of PSC and CC. ..
- Xie F, Yang L, Han L, Yue B. MicroRNA-194 Regulates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Cell Viability by Inactivation of Nuclear Factor-? B Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:2470-2478 pubmed publisher..MiR-194 might be a potential targeted therapy for treatment of infantile pneumonia. ..
- Li P, Yang Y, Liu H, Yang A, Di J, Tan G, et al. MiR-194 functions as a tumor suppressor in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma by targeting Wee1. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study provides new sights into the role of miR-194/Wee1 axis in LSCC and suggests a novel miR-194/Wee1-based clinical application for LSCC patients. ..
- Chi H. miR-194 regulated AGK and inhibited cell proliferation of oral squamous cell carcinoma by reducing PI3K-Akt-FoxO3a signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;71:53-7 pubmed publisher..In sum, our data provide compelling evidence that miR-194 functions as a potential tumor suppressor by inhibiting the PI3K/AKT/FoxO3a signaling pathway and might sever as a potential therapeutic target for OSCC patients. ..
- Zhang M, Zhuang Q, Cui L. MiR-194 inhibits cell proliferation and invasion via repression of RAP2B in bladder cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:268-275 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study may implicate that miR-194 acts as a tumor suppressor and plays an important role in the regulation of bladder cancer progression. ..
- Jung K, McCarthy R, Zhou C, Uprety N, Barton M, Beretta L. MicroRNA Regulates Hepatocytic Differentiation of Progenitor Cells by Targeting YAP1. Stem Cells. 2016;34:1284-96 pubmed publisher..Stem Cells 2016;34:1284-1296. ..
- Zhang C, Shu L, Kim H, Khor T, Wu R, Li W, et al. Phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC) suppresses prostate cancer cell invasion epigenetically through regulating microRNA-194. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016;60:1427-36 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-194 downregulates the expression of oncogenic MMP2 and MMP9 by targeting BMP1, which suggests a potential new mechanistic target by which PEITC suppresses prostate cancer cell invasiveness. ..
- Cantini L, Isella C, Petti C, Picco G, Chiola S, Ficarra E, et al. MicroRNA-mRNA interactions underlying colorectal cancer molecular subtypes. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8878 pubmed publisher..These results show that, by combining statistical tests, target prediction and network analysis, MMRA effectively identifies microRNAs functionally associated to cancer subtypes. ..
- Jia Y, Guan M, Zheng Z, Zhang Q, Tang C, Xu W, et al. miRNAs in Urine Extracellular Vesicles as Predictors of Early-Stage Diabetic Nephropathy. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:7932765 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the potential use of urinary EV miR-192 as a biomarker of the early stage of DN. ..
- Das R, Gregory P, Fernandes R, Denis I, Wang Q, Townley S, et al. MicroRNA-194 Promotes Prostate Cancer Metastasis by Inhibiting SOCS2. Cancer Res. 2017;77:1021-1034 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results offer new insights into the molecular mechanisms of metastatic progression in prostate cancer. Cancer Res; 77(4); 1021-34. Â©2016 AACR. ..
- Hu L, Han J, Zheng F, Ma H, Chen J, Jiang Y, et al. Early second-trimester serum microRNAs as potential biomarker for nondiabetic macrosomia. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:394125 pubmed publisher..Receiver operating characteristic curve analyses showed that the area under curve for miR-376a was 67.8% (sensitivity=96.7% and specificity=40.0%). Serum miR-376a may serve as a potential noninvasive biomarker in detecting macrosomia. ..
- Zhou L, Di Q, Sun B, Wang X, Li M, Shi J. MicroRNA-194 restrains the cell progression of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting human nuclear distribution protein C. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:3435-44 pubmed publisher..These results offer a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Kong Q, Chen X, Tian T, Xia X, Xu P. MicroRNA-194 suppresses prostate cancer migration and invasion by downregulating human nuclear distribution protein. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:803-812 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a novel role for miR-194 in effectively controlling cell metastatic processes in PCa cells via the regulation of hNUDC expression. ..
- Wang B, Shen Z, Gao Z, Zhao G, Wang C, Yang Y, et al. MiR-194, commonly repressed in colorectal cancer, suppresses tumor growth by regulating the MAP4K4/c-Jun/MDM2 signaling pathway. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:1046-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-194, regulating the MAP4K4/c-Jun/MDM2 signaling pathway, might act as a tumor suppressor and serve as a novel target for CRC prevention and therapy. ..
- Li Z, Ying X, Chen H, Ye P, Shen Y, Pan W, et al. MicroRNA-194 inhibits the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gastric cancer cells by targeting FoxM1. Dig Dis Sci. 2014;59:2145-52 pubmed publisher..Our study clearly demonstrates that miR-194 inhibits the acquisition of the EMT phenotype in gastric cancer cells by downregulating FoxM1, thereby inhibiting cell migration and invasion during cancer progression. ..
- Wang S, Wu X, Zhang M, Weng M, Zhou D, Quan Z. Long noncoding RNA H19 contributes to gallbladder cancer cell proliferation by modulated miR-194-5p targeting AKT2. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:9721-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that H19/miR-194-5p/AKT2 axis regulatory network might modulate cell proliferation in GBC. ..
- Latouche C, Natoli A, Reddy Luthmoodoo M, Heywood S, Armitage J, Kingwell B. MicroRNA-194 Modulates Glucose Metabolism and Its Skeletal Muscle Expression Is Reduced in Diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155108 pubmed publisher..MiR-194 could be down-regulated in patients with early features of diabetes as an adaptive response to facilitate tissue glucose uptake and metabolism in the face of insulin resistance. ..
- Chen X, Wang Y, Zang W, Du Y, Li M, Zhao G. miR-194 targets RBX1 gene to modulate proliferation and migration of gastric cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:2393-401 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, upregulation of miR-194 can inhibit proliferation, migration, and invasion of GC cells, possibly by targeting RBX1. Aberrant expression of miR-194 and RBX1 is correlated to GC patient survival time. ..
- Gong B, Yue Y, Wang R, Zhang Y, Jin Q, Zhou X. Overexpression of microRNA-194 suppresses the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in targeting stem cell transcription factor Sox3 in endometrial carcinoma stem cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706217 pubmed publisher..The cancer stem cell marker, CD133, might be the surface marker of endometrial cancer stem cell. ..
- D Angelo E, Zanon C, Sensi F, Digito M, Rugge M, Fassan M, et al. miR-194 as predictive biomarker of responsiveness to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced rectal adenocarcinoma. J Clin Pathol. 2018;71:344-350 pubmed publisher..Using known and predicted drug mechanism of action, we then identified possible chemical compounds for further in vitro validation. ..
- Wang Z, Ren L, Zheng P, Zheng H, Yu Y, Wang J, et al. miR-194 as a predictor for adenoma recurrence in patients with advanced colorectal adenoma after polypectomy. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2014;7:607-16 pubmed publisher..miR-194 may be an independent predictor for adenoma recurrence in patients with ACRA after polypectomy. ..