Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR193B
Description: microRNA 193b
- Jin X, Sun Y, Yang H, Li J, Yu S, Chang X, et al. Deregulation of the MiR-193b-KRAS Axis Contributes to Impaired Cell Growth in Pancreatic Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125515 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings indicate that miR-193b-mediated deregulation of the KRAS axis is involved in pancreatic carcinogenesis, and suggest that miR-193b could be a potentially effective target for PDAC therapy. ..
- Mazzu Y, Hu Y, Soni R, Mojica K, Qin L, Agius P, et al. miR-193b-Regulated Signaling Networks Serve as Tumor Suppressors in Liposarcoma and Promote Adipogenesis in Adipose-Derived Stem Cells. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5728-5740 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study reveals key tyrosine kinase and DNA methylation pathways in liposarcoma, some with immediate implications for therapeutic exploration. Cancer Res; 77(21); 5728-40. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Belarbi Y, Mejhert N, Lorente CebriÃ¡n S, Dahlman I, Arner P, RydÃ©n M, et al. MicroRNA-193b Controls Adiponectin Production in Human White Adipose Tissue. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E1084-8 pubmed publisher..In human adipocytes, miR-193b controls adiponectin production via pathways involving nuclear transcription factor YÎ± and possibly nuclear receptor interacting protein 1. ..
- Akamatsu M, Makino N, Ikeda Y, Matsuda A, Ito M, Kakizaki Y, et al. Specific MAPK-Associated MicroRNAs in Serum Differentiate Pancreatic Cancer from Autoimmune Pancreatitis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158669 pubmed publisher..014). Serum MAPK-associated miRNAs could be novel noninvasive biomarkers for differentiation between PDAC or IPMN and AIP. ..
- Mets E, Van der Meulen J, Van Peer G, Boice M, Mestdagh P, Van de Walle I, et al. MicroRNA-193b-3p acts as a tumor suppressor by targeting the MYB oncogene in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2015;29:798-806 pubmed publisher..Hereby, miR-193b-3p was identified as a novel bona fide tumor-suppressor miRNA that targets MYB during malignant T-cell transformation thereby offering an entry point for efficient MYB targeting-oriented therapies for human T-ALL. ..
- Long J, Ji Z, Jiang K, Wang Z, Meng G. miR-193b Modulates Resistance to Doxorubicin in Human Breast Cancer Cells by Downregulating MCL-1. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:373574 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide evidence that the modulation of miR-193b may represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- She K, Yan H, Huang J, Zhou H, He J. miR-193b availability is antagonized by LncRNA-SNHG7 for FAIM2-induced tumour progression in non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Prolif. 2018;51: pubmed publisher..The results indicated that miR-193b is indispensible for the ceRNA role of SNHG7 in FAIM2-supported tumourigenesis of lung cancer. ..
- Shu Y, Qi J, Wang C, Yu S, Tao K. [Recombinant adenovirus of microRNA-193b inhibits proliferation of K562 cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;31:452-5 pubmed..The over-expression of miR-193b may suppress the proliferation of K562 cells. ..
- Li J, Kong F, Wu K, Song K, He J, Sun W. miR-193b directly targets STMN1 and uPA genes and suppresses tumor growth and metastasis in pancreatic cancer. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:2613-20 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that miR-193b acts as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer. Therefore, miR-193b may constitute a promising therapeutic agent for the suppression of pancreatic cancer cell growth and metastasis. ..
- Mao K, Zhang J, He C, Xu K, Liu J, Sun J, et al. Restoration of miR-193b sensitizes Hepatitis B virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma to sorafenib. Cancer Lett. 2014;352:245-52 pubmed publisher..Modulation of miRNAs expression might be a potential way to enhance response to sorafenib in HBV-associated HCC. ..
- Gastaldi C, Bertero T, Xu N, Bourget Ponzio I, Lebrigand K, Fourre S, et al. miR-193b/365a cluster controls progression of epidermal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1110-20 pubmed publisher..Repression of these targets using siRNAs mimicked the effects of miR-193b and miR-365a, suggesting that these genes might mediate, at least in part, the tumor-suppressive action of these miRNAs. ..
- Ziliak D, Gamazon E, LaCroix B, Kyung Im H, Wen Y, Huang R. Genetic variation that predicts platinum sensitivity reveals the role of miR-193b* in chemotherapeutic susceptibility. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:2054-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a potential mechanism of action for a previously observed genotype-survival outcome association. Further examination of miR-193b* in platinum sensitivity in ovarian cancer is warranted. ..
- Zhang S, Guo Y, Zhang C, Gao W, Wen S, Huangfu H, et al. Primary laryngeal cancer-derived miR-193b induces interleukin-10-expression monocytes. Cancer Invest. 2015;33:29-33 pubmed publisher..Treating naÃ¯ve Mos with a miR-193b induced expression of IL-10 in the Mos. Culturing the IL-10(+) Mos with effector CD8(+) T cells resulted in the suppression of CD8(+) T-cell activities. ..
- Nyhan M, O Donovan T, Boersma A, Wiemer E, McKenna S. MiR-193b promotes autophagy and non-apoptotic cell death in oesophageal cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:101 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the importance of miR-193b in determining oesophageal cancer cell viability and demonstrate an enhancement of chemotoxicity that is independent of apoptosis induction. ..
- Zhong Q, Wang T, Lu P, Zhang R, Zou J, Yuan S. miR-193b promotes cell proliferation by targeting Smad3 in human glioma. J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:619-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study indicates that miR-193b promotes cell proliferation by targeting Smad3 in human glioma, which may serve as a potentially useful target for development of miRNA-based therapies in the future. ..
- Moore C, Parrish J, Jedlicka P. MiR-193b, downregulated in Ewing Sarcoma, targets the ErbB4 oncogene to inhibit anchorage-independent growth. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178028 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies show that the EWS/Fli1-repressed miR-193b is growth suppressive in Ewing Sarcoma, and identify ErbB4 as a target gene and candidate mediator of this growth suppression. ..
- Xie C, Jiang X, Zhang J, Sun T, Dong J, Sanders A, et al. CFTR suppresses tumor progression through miR-193b targeting urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in prostate cancer. Oncogene. 2013;32:2282-91, 2291.e1-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present study has demonstrated a previously undefined tumor-suppressing role of CFTR and its involvement in regulation of miR-193b in prostate cancer development. ..
- Yin W, Nie Y, Zhang Z, Xie L, He X. miR-193b acts as a cisplatin sensitizer via the caspase-3-dependent pathway in HCC chemotherapy. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:368-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present study revealed the downregulation of miR-193b in HCC cells and illustrated a synergistic effect on cisplatin-induced apoptosis by targeting Mcl-1. ..
- Mu Y, Tang S, Sun W, Gao W, Wang M, Su X. Association of miR-193b down-regulation and miR-196a up-regulation with clinicopathological features and prognosis in gastric cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:8893-900 pubmed..003). Hence, miR-193b and miR-196a may be applied as novel and promising prognostic markers in gastric cancer. ..
- Li B, Zhang Y, Xiao J, Wang F, Li M, Guo X, et al. Hsa_circ_0045714 regulates chondrocyte proliferation, apoptosis and extracellular matrix synthesis by promoting the expression of miR-193b target gene IGF1R. Hum Cell. 2017;30:311-318 pubmed publisher..The findings will provide new proofs for studies on the applications of circRNA in OA and other orthopedic diseases. ..
- Liu C, Song J, Zhang Y, Wang P. MicroRNA-193b is a regulator of amyloid precursor protein in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid derived exosomal microRNA-193b is a biomarker of Alzheimer's disease. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:2395-400 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings showed that miRâ€‘193b may function in the development of AD and exosomal miRâ€‘193b has potential as a novel, non-invasive, bloodâ€‘based biomarker of MCI and DAT patients. ..
- Ukai T, Sato M, Akutsu H, Umezawa A, Mochida J. MicroRNA-199a-3p, microRNA-193b, and microRNA-320c are correlated to aging and regulate human cartilage metabolism. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1915-22 pubmed publisher..We believe that miR-199a-3p and miR-193b are involved in the senescence of chondrocytes, and miR-320c is involved in the juvenile properties of chondrocytes...
- Mitra A, Chiang C, Tiwari P, Tomar S, Watters K, Peter M, et al. Microenvironment-induced downregulation of miR-193b drives ovarian cancer metastasis. Oncogene. 2015;34:5923-32 pubmed publisher..Targeting miR-193b, which is essential for metastatic colonization of cancer cells could prove effective in the treatment of OvCa metastasis. ..
- Zhou X, Li Q, Xu J, Zhang X, Zhang H, Xiang Y, et al. The aberrantly expressed miR-193b-3p contributes to preeclampsia through regulating transforming growth factor-Î² signaling. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19910 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we identified a list of differentially expressed microRNAs in PE placentas by HTS and provided preliminary evidence for the role of miR-193b-3p in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. ..
- Yang Z, He M, Wang K, Sun G, Tang L, Xu Z. Tumor suppressive microRNA-193b promotes breast cancer progression via targeting DNAJC13 and RAB22A. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:7563-70 pubmed..Our findings have demonstrated that miR-193b as a novel tumor suppressor plays an important role in breast cancer progression, understanding the mechanisms could account for the aggressive behaviour of breast cancer. ..
- Chen J, Feilotter H, Pare G, Zhang X, Pemberton J, Garady C, et al. MicroRNA-193b represses cell proliferation and regulates cyclin D1 in melanoma. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:2520-9 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that miR-193b represses cell proliferation and regulates CCND1 expression and suggest that dysregulation of miR-193b may play an important role in melanoma development. ..
- Trevisani F, Ghidini M, Larcher A, Lampis A, Lote H, Manunta P, et al. MicroRNA 193b-3p as a predictive biomarker of chronic kidney disease in patients undergoing radical nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2016;115:1343-1350 pubmed publisher..miR-193b-3p might represent a useful biomarker to tailor and implement surveillance strategies for patients at high risk of developing CKD following RN. ..
- Hu Q, Lu Y, Noh H, Hong S, Dong Z, Ding H, et al. Interleukin enhancer-binding factor 3 promotes breast tumor progression by regulating sustained urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression. Oncogene. 2013;32:3933-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that ILF3 promotes breast tumorigenicity by regulating sustained uPA expression. ..
- Lu L, Liu T, Gao J, Zeng H, Chen J, Gu X, et al. Aberrant methylation of microRNA-193b in human Barrett's esophagus and esophageal adenocarcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:283-8 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report describing DNA methylation-mediated silencing of miR?193b in esophageal cancer and BE tissues. ..
- Yang H, Liu P, Zhang J, Peng X, Lu Z, Yu S, et al. Long noncoding RNA MIR31HG exhibits oncogenic property in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and is negatively regulated by miR-193b. Oncogene. 2016;35:3647-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that MIR31HG functions as an oncogenic lncRNA that promotes tumor progression, and miR-193b targets not only protein-coding genes but also the lncRNA, MIR31HG. ..
- PÃ¡rrizas M, Brugnara L, Esteban Y, GonzÃ¡lez Franquesa A, Canivell S, Murillo S, et al. Circulating miR-192 and miR-193b are markers of prediabetes and are modulated by an exercise intervention. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E407-15 pubmed publisher..This circulating miRNA signature for prediabetes could be used as a new diagnostic tool, as well as to monitor response to intervention. ..