Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR193A
Description: microRNA 193a
Alias: MIRN193, MIRN193A
- Huang Z, Zhang Y, Zhou J, Zhang Y. Urinary Exosomal miR-193a Can Be a Potential Biomarker for the Diagnosis of Primary Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis in Children. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:7298160 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that urinary exosomal miR-193a may be a new noninvasive biomarker for the diagnosis of primary FSGS. ..
- Li Y, Deng H, Lv L, Zhang C, Qian L, Xiao J, et al. The miR-193a-3p-regulated ING5 gene activates the DNA damage response pathway and inhibits multi-chemoresistance in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:10195-206 pubmed..Our results demonstrate both the role and mechanism of inhibition of BCa chemoresistance by ING5. ..
- Cheng F, Aguda B, Tsai J, KochaÅ„czyk M, Lin J, Chen G, et al. A mathematical model of bimodal epigenetic control of miR-193a in ovarian cancer stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e116050 pubmed publisher..We conjecture that a simultaneous EZH2 inhibition and anti-estrogen therapy can constitute an effective combined therapeutic strategy against ovarian cancer. ..
- Wu H, Zhou C. Long non-coding RNA UCA1 promotes lung cancer cell proliferation and migration via microRNA-193a/HMGB1 axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:738-745 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study demonstrated that UCA1 exerts oncogenes activity in lung cancer, acting mechanistically by upregulating HMGB1 expression through 'sponging' miR-193a. ..
- Pruikkonen S, Kallio M. Excess of a Rassf1-targeting microRNA, miR-193a-3p, perturbs cell division fidelity. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1451-1461 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that besides epigenetic regulation, altered expression of specific miRNAs may contribute to the loss of Rassf1 in cancer cells and cause cell division errors. ..
- Kohashi K, Yamamoto H, Kumagai R, Yamada Y, Hotokebuchi Y, Taguchi T, et al. Differential microRNA expression profiles between malignant rhabdoid tumor and epithelioid sarcoma: miR193a-5p is suggested to downregulate SMARCB1 mRNA expression. Mod Pathol. 2014;27:832-9 pubmed publisher..them, quantitative RT-PCR using frozen and paraffin-embedded materials demonstrated that expression levels of miR193a-5p (P=0...
- Williams M, Kirschner M, Cheng Y, Hanh J, Weiss J, Mugridge N, et al. miR-193a-3p is a potential tumor suppressor in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:23480-95 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-193a-3p appears to have importance in the biology of MPM and may represent a target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Chen J, Gao S, Wang C, Wang Z, Zhang H, Huang K, et al. Pathologically decreased expression of miR-193a contributes to metastasis by targeting WT1-E-cadherin axis in non-small cell lung cancers. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:173 pubmed..Collectively, our results have revealed an important role of miR-193a-WT1-E-cadherin axis in metastasis, demonstrated an important molecular cue for EMT, and suggested a therapeutic strategy of restoring miR-193a expression in NSCLC. ..
- Zhang P, Ji D, Han H, Shi Y, Du C, Gu J. Downregulation of miR-193a-5p correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2014;20:12241-8 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of miR-193a-5p correlates with lymph node metastasis and poor survival of CRC. miR-193a-5p may be a useful biomarker for CRC diagnosis, metastasis and prognosis prediction. ..
- Ji M, Zhang X, Shi P, Lu J, Wang S, Chang Q, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-193a-3p is involved in invertebral disc degeneration by targeting MMP14. J Mol Med (Berl). 2016;94:457-68 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of miR-193a-3p promoted loss of type II collagen by directly targeting MMP14 in IDD. miR-193a-3p inhibited IDD in vitro and in vivo. miR-193a-3p may be a promising candidate for prevention of degenerative disc disease. ..
- Nie W, Ge H, Yang X, Sun X, Huang H, Tao X, et al. LncRNA-UCA1 exerts oncogenic functions in non-small cell lung cancer by targeting miR-193a-3p. Cancer Lett. 2016;371:99-106 pubmed publisher..Overall, we concluded that UCA1 functions as an oncogene in NSCLC, acting mechanistically by upregulating ERBB4 in part through 'spongeing' miR-193a-3p. ..
- Deng W, Yan M, Yu T, Ge H, Lin H, Li J, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of the metastasis-inhibitory mechanism of miR-193a-3p in non-small cell lung cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1677-88 pubmed publisher..These findings may improve the understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the metastatic-inhibitory effect of miR-193a-3p on lung cancer cells. ..
- Chang K, Lai C. Micro-RNA profiling as biomarkers in flap ischemia-reperfusion injury. Microsurgery. 2012;32:642-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings show some changes of four upregulated miRs in our model of IRI. We suggest that further investigation is needed to determine the role of miRs in IRI of microsurgical reconstruction. ..
- Deng H, Lv L, Li Y, Zhang C, Meng F, Pu Y, et al. The miR-193a-3p regulated PSEN1 gene suppresses the multi-chemoresistance of bladder cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1852:520-8 pubmed publisher..In addition to the mechanistic insights, the key players in this microRNA-193a-3p/PSEN1 axis are likely the diagnostic and/or therapeutic targets for an effective chemotherapy of bladder cancer. ..
- Deng H, Lv L, Li Y, Zhang C, Meng F, Pu Y, et al. miR-193a-3p regulates the multi-drug resistance of bladder cancer by targeting the LOXL4 gene and the oxidative stress pathway. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:234 pubmed publisher..In addition to a new mechanistic insight, our results provide a set of the essential genes in this newly identified miR-193a-3p/LOXL4/Oxidative Stress axis as the diagnostic targets for a guided anti-bladder cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Wang H, Zhang H, Su J, Zhou W, Wang H, Chen X. [Epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and its effect on microRNA expression in lung cancer]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2011;33:590-3 pubmed..1% and mir-193a-3p by 56.6%. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition has effects on the expression of miRNAs, and miRNAs may regulate the invasion and metastasis of lung cancer cells via EMT. ..
- Wei H, Yuan Y, Liu S, Wang C, Yang F, Lu Z, et al. Detection of circulating miRNA levels in schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry. 2015;172:1141-7 pubmed publisher..The up-regulation of miR-130b and miR-193a-3p is a state-independent biomarker for schizophrenia, and these two miRNAs could be used to develop a diagnostic tool for schizophrenia. ..
- Dai X, Chen X, Chen Q, Shi L, Liang H, Zhou Z, et al. MicroRNA-193a-3p Reduces Intestinal Inflammation in Response to Microbiota via Down-regulation of Colonic PepT1. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:16099-115 pubmed publisher..Overall, we believe miR-193a-3p may be a potent regulator of colonic PepT1 for maintaining intestinal homeostasis. ..
- Grossi I, Arici B, Portolani N, De Petro G, Salvi A. Clinical and biological significance of miR-23b and miR-193a in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6955-6969 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results provide new advances in the epigenetic regulation of these miRs in HCC. ..
- Jia L, Gui B, Zheng D, Decker K, Tinay I, Tan M, et al. Androgen receptor-regulated miRNA-193a-3p targets AJUBA to promote prostate cancer cell migration. Prostate. 2017;77:1000-1011 pubmed publisher..Conclusions Our results suggest a novel AR/miR-193a-3p/AJUBA pathway implicated in PCa progression. MiR-193a-3p is a potential therapeutic target for metastatic PCa. ..
- Dong H, Wang C, Lu S, Yu C, Huang L, Feng W, et al. A panel of four decreased serum microRNAs as a novel biomarker for early Parkinson's disease. Biomarkers. 2016;21:129-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the 4-miRNA panel enabled the differentiation of HY stage 1 and 2 PD patients from controls. The four serum miRNAs may represent novel biomarkers for the early detection of PD. ..
- Fogli S, Polini B, Carpi S, Pardini B, Naccarati A, Dubbini N, et al. Identification of plasma microRNAs as new potential biomarkers with high diagnostic power in human cutaneous melanoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701646 pubmed publisher..The triple classifier had a high capacity to discriminate between melanoma patients and healthy controls, making it suitable to be used in early melanoma diagnosis. ..
- Xing C, Hu X, Xie F, Yu Z, Li H, Bin Zhou -, et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR modulates c-KIT expression through sponging miR-193a in acute myeloid leukemia. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:1981-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that HOTAIR plays an important oncogenic role in AML and might serve as a marker for AML prognosis and a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Liu Y, Ren F, Luo Y, Rong M, Chen G, Dang Y. Down-Regulation of MiR-193a-3p Dictates Deterioration of HCC: A Clinical Real-Time qRT-PCR Study. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:2352-60 pubmed publisher..354, P=0.552). MiR-193a-3p may be a tumor-suppressive miRNA which is down-regulated in HCC tissues. It could be regarded as a predictor for the deterioration of HCC patients. ..
- Kaukoniemi K, Rauhala H, Scaravilli M, Latonen L, Annala M, Vessella R, et al. Epigenetically altered miR-193b targets cyclin D1 in prostate cancer. Cancer Med. 2015;4:1417-25 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the inhibitor had no effect on the growth of PC-3 and DU145 cells with high miR-193b and low CCND1 expression. Taken together, our data demonstrate that miR-193b targets cyclin D1 in prostate cancer. ..
- Yu T, Yan M, Liu L, Lin H, Zhao F, Sun L, et al. MicroRNA-193a-3p and -5p suppress the metastasis of human non-small-cell lung cancer by downregulating the ERBB4/PIK3R3/mTOR/S6K2 signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2015;34:413-23 pubmed publisher..We also observed that miR-193a-3p/5p could inactivate the AKT/mTOR signaling pathway. Thus, miR-193a-3p/5p functions as a tumor suppressor and has an important role in NSCLC metastasis through ERBB signaling pathway. ..
- Xu Z, Yu Y, Ge Y, Zhu J, Zhu M, Zhao Y, et al. MicroRNA expression profiles in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: identification of a four-microRNA signature associated with patient survival. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8159-66 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identified the specific miRNAs associated with the progression and aggressiveness of MIBC and a four-miRNA signature as a promising prognostic parameter of MIBC. ..
- Lam L, Lu X, Zhang H, Lesniewski R, Rosenberg S, Semizarov D. A microRNA screen to identify modulators of sensitivity to BCL2 inhibitor ABT-263 (navitoclax). Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:2943-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, because sensitizing miRNA expression is lower in tumors compared with normal tissues, our data can facilitate the design of miRNA replacement therapies to increase sensitivity to BCL2 antagonists. ..
- Seviour E, Sehgal V, Mishra D, Rupaimoole R, Rodriguez Aguayo C, Lopez Berestein G, et al. Targeting KRas-dependent tumour growth, circulating tumour cells and metastasis in vivo by clinically significant miR-193a-3p. Oncogene. 2017;36:1339-1350 pubmed publisher..These studies show the broader applicability of using miR-193a-3p as a therapeutic agent to target KRas-mutant cancer. ..
- Wang J, Huang W, Wu Y, Hou J, Nie Y, Gu H, et al. MicroRNA-193 pro-proliferation effects for bone mesenchymal stem cells after low-level laser irradiation treatment through inhibitor of growth family, member 5. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:2508-19 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that miR-193 plays a critical part in MSC proliferation in response to LLLI stimulation, which is potentially amenable to therapeutic manipulation for clinical application. ..
- Fan Q, Hu X, Zhang H, Wang S, Zhang H, You C, et al. MiR-193a-3p is an Important Tumour Suppressor in Lung Cancer and Directly Targets KRAS. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44:1311-1324 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an important role for miR-193a-3p as a tumour suppressor in NSCLC pathogenesis via the regulation of KRAS expression. ..
- Hu Q, Lu Y, Noh H, Hong S, Dong Z, Ding H, et al. Interleukin enhancer-binding factor 3 promotes breast tumor progression by regulating sustained urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression. Oncogene. 2013;32:3933-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that ILF3 promotes breast tumorigenicity by regulating sustained uPA expression. ..
- Malgulwar P, Pathak P, Singh M, Kale S, Suri V, Sarkar C, et al. Downregulation of SMARCB1/INI1 expression in pediatric chordomas correlates with upregulation of miR-671-5p and miR-193a-5p expressions. Brain Tumor Pathol. 2017;34:155-159 pubmed publisher..Overall, we suggest miR-671-5p- and miR-193a-5p-mediated epigenetic mode of SMARCB1/INI1 loss and downregulated TGF-? pathway in CCs. ..
- Liang H, Liu M, Yan X, Zhou Y, Wang W, Wang X, et al. miR-193a-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in lung cancer by down-regulating ERBB4. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:926-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide the first clues regarding the role of miR-193a-3p as a tumor suppressor in lung cancer through the inhibition of ERBB4 translation. ..
- Xie F, Hosany S, Zhong S, Jiang Y, Zhang F, Lin L, et al. MicroRNA-193a inhibits breast cancer proliferation and metastasis by downregulating WT1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185565 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that miR-193a-WT1 interaction plays an important role in breast cancer metastasis, and suggest that restoring miR-193a expression is a therapeutic strategy in breast cancer. ..
- Lin C, Tsai C, Yeh C, Liang J, Hung W, Lin F, et al. MiR-193a-5p/ERBB2 act as concurrent chemoradiation therapy response indicator of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:39680-39693 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that patients with high miR-193a-5p will likely benefit from CCRT treatment alone, however a combination of CCRT with Herceptin may be beneficial for patients with low miR-193a-5p expression. ..
- Meng F, Qian L, Lv L, Ding B, Zhou G, Cheng X, et al. miR-193a-3p regulation of chemoradiation resistance in oesophageal cancer cells via the PSEN1 gene. Gene. 2016;579:139-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-193a-3p and PSEN1 might be potential biomarkers for chemoradiation resistant cancers. ..