Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR186
Description: microRNA 186
Alias: MIRN186, miR-186
- Zhang C, Zhang W, Chen H, Liu C, Wu J, Shi S, et al. Plasma microRNA-186 and proteinuria in focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2015;65:223-32 pubmed publisher..Last, plasma miR-186, but not miR-125b, level was correlated with degree of proteinuria in patients with FSGS (151 samples). Relatively small cohort size. Plasma miR-186 may be a biomarker for FSGS with nephrotic proteinuria. ..
- Wang K, Zhao X, Liu Y, Zeng Q, Mao X, Li S, et al. Circulating MiR-19b-3p, MiR-134-5p and MiR-186-5p are Promising Novel Biomarkers for Early Diagnosis of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1015-29 pubmed publisher..Circulating miR-19b-3p, miR-134-5p and miR-186-5p could be considered promising novel diagnostic biomarkers for the early phase of AMI. ..
- Yang J, Yuan D, Li J, Zheng S, Wang B. miR-186 downregulates protein phosphatase PPM1B in bladder cancer and mediates G1-S phase transition. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4331-41 pubmed publisher..This study has identified PPM1B and miR-186 as potential diagnostic markers in bladder cancer. Promotion of PPM1B and suppression of miR-186 may offer effective therapeutic strategies in the treatment of bladder cancer. ..
- Yao K, He L, Gan Y, Zeng Q, Dai Y, Tan J. MiR-186 suppresses the growth and metastasis of bladder cancer by targeting NSBP1. Diagn Pathol. 2015;10:146 pubmed publisher..Our data first time identified miR-186 as the upstream regulator of NSBP1 and also suggest miR-186-suppressed NSBP1 as a novel therapeutic approach for bladder cancer. ..
- Sha W, Shen L, Zhou L, Xu D, Lu G. Down-regulation of miR-186 contributes to podocytes apoptosis in membranous nephropathy. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;75:179-84 pubmed publisher..We revealed that TLR4 is involved in the regulation of miR-186 expression, and the anti-apoptotic effect of miR-186 on podocytes is correlated with P2Ã—7 regulation. ..
- Zhou L, Qi X, Potashkin J, Abdul Karim F, Gorodeski G. MicroRNAs miR-186 and miR-150 down-regulate expression of the pro-apoptotic purinergic P2X7 receptor by activation of instability sites at the 3'-untranslated region of the gene that decrease steady-state levels of the transcript. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:28274-86 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that increased expression of miR-186 and miR-150 in cancer epithelial cells decreases P2X7 mRNA by activation of miR-186 and miR-150 instability target sites located at the 3'-UTR-P2X7. ..
- Huang T, She K, Peng G, Wang W, Huang J, Li J, et al. MicroRNA-186 suppresses cell proliferation and metastasis through targeting MAP3K2 in non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:1437-44 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-186-MAP3K2 may represent a new and useful potential clinical treatment and diagnosis target for NSCLC. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang G, Yu W, Gao N, Peng J. miR-186 inhibits cell proliferation in multiple myeloma by repressing Jagged1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:692-7 pubmed publisher..Our collective results clearly indicate that miR-186 functions as a tumor suppressor in MM, supporting its potential as a therapeutic target for the disease. ..
- Zhang T, Wang Y, Yang D, Yao D, Yang L, Zhou J, et al. Down-Regulation of miR-186 Correlates with Poor Survival in de novo Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Clin Lab. 2016;62:113-20 pubmed..017 and 0.023, respectively). Our study suggests that miR-186 down-regulation is a frequent event and predicts poor prognosis in de novo AML patients. ..
- Shaer A, Azarpira N, Karimi M. Differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into insulin-like cell clusters with miR-186 and miR-375 by using chemical transfection. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2014;174:242-58 pubmed publisher..This work provides a new approach by using patient-specific iPSCs for ?-cell replacement therapy in diabetic patients. ..
- Ma Y, Wang P, Xue Y, Qu C, Zheng J, Liu X, et al. PVT1 affects growth of glioma microvascular endothelial cells by negatively regulating miR-186. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317694326 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PVT1 and miR-186 can provide new therapeutic targets for future anti-angiogenic treatment of glioma. ..
- Wang H, Shen Q, Zhang X, Yang C, Cui S, Sun Y, et al. The Long Non-Coding RNA XIST Controls Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Proliferation and Invasion by Modulating miR-186-5p. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2221-2229 pubmed publisher..Together, our data revealed that XIST knockdown confers suppressive function in NSCLC and XIST may be a novel therapeutic marker in this disease. ..
- Islam F, Gopalan V, Vider J, Wahab R, Ebrahimi F, Lu C, et al. MicroRNA-186-5p overexpression modulates colon cancer growth by repressing the expression of the FAM134B tumour inhibitor. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:260-270 pubmed publisher..Reduced cancer cells growth followed by inhibition of miR-186-5p highlights the potential of miR-186-5p inhibitor as a novel strategy for targeting colorectal cancer initiation and progression. ..
- Ries J, Vairaktaris E, Agaimy A, Kintopp R, Baran C, Neukam F, et al. miR-186, miR-3651 and miR-494: potential biomarkers for oral squamous cell carcinoma extracted from whole blood. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:1429-36 pubmed publisher..02) and clinical stage (p=0.04) were indicated. Aberrant expression levels of miR-186, miR-494 and miR-3651 in whole blood samples of OSCC patients may provide the possibility to establish a minimally invasive screening method for OSCC. ..
- Zhu X, Shen H, Yin X, Long L, Xie C, Liu Y, et al. miR-186 regulation of Twist1 and ovarian cancer sensitivity to cisplatin. Oncogene. 2016;35:323-32 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings implicate miR-186 as an attractive candidate for overcoming chemoresistance in ovarian cancer therapy. ..
- Sun P, Hu J, Xiong W, Mi J. miR-186 regulates glycolysis through Glut1 during the formation of cancer-associated fibroblasts. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:4245-50 pubmed..These observations suggest that miR-186 plays important roles in glycolysis regulation as well as cell cycle checkpoint activation. ..
- Cao C, Sun D, Zhang L, Song L. miR-186 affects the proliferation, invasion and migration of human gastric cancer by inhibition of Twist1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:79956-79963 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-186 may be served as a candidate prognostic biomarker and target for new therapies in human gastric cancer. ..
- Zhao X, Wang Y, Deng R, Zhang H, Dou J, Yuan H, et al. miR186 suppresses prostate cancer progression by targeting Twist1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:33136-51 pubmed publisher..We find that a key miRNA--miR186 is significantly reduced in M12 compared to that in P69...
- Zheng J, Li X, Wang P, Liu X, Xue Y, Hu Y, et al. CRNDE affects the malignant biological characteristics of human glioma stem cells by negatively regulating miR-186. Oncotarget. 2015;6:25339-55 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CRNDE played an oncogenic role of GSCs through the negative regulation of miR-186. Both CRNDE and miR-186 could be regarded as potential targets in the glioma therapy. ..
- Li C, Gao Y, Li Y, Ding D. TUG1 mediates methotrexate resistance in colorectal cancer via miR-186/CPEB2 axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:552-557 pubmed publisher..Extensively, our study also showed that CPEB2 was the direct target of miR-186 in colorectal cancer cells. Taken together, our study suggests that lncRNA TUG1 mediates MTX resistance in colorectal cancer via miR-186/CPEB2 axis. ..
- Bostjancic E, Zidar N, Glavac D. MicroRNA microarray expression profiling in human myocardial infarction. Dis Markers. 2009;27:255-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, qRT-PCR analysis confirmed dysregulation of 7 miRNAs, miR-150, miR-186, miR-210, miR-451, and muscle-specific, miR-1 and miR-133a/b; all of these are believed to be involved in various physiological and pathological processes. ..
- Ye J, Zhang Z, Sun L, Fang Y, Xu X, Zhou G. miR-186 regulates chemo-sensitivity to paclitaxel via targeting MAPT in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:3417-3424 pubmed..miR-186 may represent a new therapeutic target for the improvement of the clinical outcome in NSCLC. ..
- Dang R, Liu F, Li Y. Circular RNA hsa_circ_0010729 regulates vascular endothelial cell proliferation and apoptosis by targeting the miR-186/HIF-1? axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:104-110 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present study identifies the crucial regulation of hsa_circ_0010729 on vascular endothelial cell proliferation and apoptosis via targeting miR-186/HIF-1? axis. ..
- Lan T, Yan X, Li Z, Xu X, Mao Q, Ma W, et al. Long non-coding RNA PVT1 serves as a competing endogenous RNA for miR-186-5p to promote the tumorigenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705338 pubmed publisher..Taken together, plasmacytoma variant translocation 1 served as an endogenous sponge for miR-186-5p to reduce its inhibiting effect on yes-associated protein 1 and thus promoted the tumorigenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Zhang Z, Bai Z, Wang X, Bai L, Miao F, Pei H. miR-186 and 326 predict the prognosis of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and affect the proliferation and migration of cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0118814 pubmed publisher..These two miRNAs can be used as markers for clinical diagnosis and prognosis, and they represent therapeutic targets for PDAC. ..