Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR185
Description: microRNA 185
Alias: MIRN185, miR-185
- Zhang Z, Tang H, Wang Z, Zhang B, Liu W, Lu H, et al. MiR-185 targets the DNA methyltransferases 1 and regulates global DNA methylation in human glioma. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:124 pubmed publisher..These comprehensive data may provide new insights into the epigenetic pathogenesis of human gliomas. ..
- Liu M, Lang N, Chen X, Tang Q, Liu S, Huang J, et al. miR-185 targets RhoA and Cdc42 expression and inhibits the proliferation potential of human colorectal cells. Cancer Lett. 2011;301:151-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, miR-185 is a negative regulator of RhoA and Cdc42 and their cellular activities, and could inhibit proliferation and invasion of colorectal cancer cells. ..
- Yang M, Liu W, Pellicane C, Sahyoun C, Joseph B, Gallo Ebert C, et al. Identification of miR-185 as a regulator of de novo cholesterol biosynthesis and low density lipoprotein uptake. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:226-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel axis regulating cholesterol homeostasis exists that exploits miR-185-dependent regulation of SREBP-2 and requires SREBP-1c for function. ..
- Bao L, Fu X, Si M, Wang Y, Ma R, Ren X, et al. MicroRNA-185 targets SOCS3 to inhibit beta-cell dysfunction in diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0116067 pubmed publisher..MiR-185 plays an important role in the regulation of insulin secretion and Î²-cell growth in diabetes. Restoration of miR-185 expression may serve a potentially promising and efficient therapeutic approach for diabetes. ..
- Hou J, Liu L, Zhu Q, Wu Y, Tian B, Cui L, et al. MicroRNA-185 inhibits angiogenesis in human microvascular endothelial cells through targeting stromal interaction molecule 1. Cell Biol Int. 2016;40:318-28 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA-185 acted as a negative regulator of angiogenesis in microvascular endothelial cells through downregulation of the STIM1 protein. ..
- Zou Q, Wu H, Fu F, Yi W, Pei L, Zhou M. RKIP suppresses the proliferation and metastasis of breast cancer cell lines through up-regulation of miR-185 targeting HMGA2. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;610:25-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings newly described RKIP/miR-185 to HMGA2 link and provided a potential mechanism for breast cancer cell growth and invasion. It may illustrate the potential therapeutic utility of signaling pathway signatures. ..
- Cai X, Lu S, Zhang Z, Gonzalez C, Damania B, Cullen B. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus expresses an array of viral microRNAs in latently infected cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:5570-5 pubmed..We hypothesize that these viral miRNAs play a critical role in the establishment and/or maintenance of KSHV latent infection in vivo and, hence, in KSHV-induced oncogenesis. ..
- Qadir X, Han C, Lu D, Zhang J, Wu T. miR-185 inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma growth by targeting the DNMT1/PTEN/Akt pathway. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:2355-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, reactivation or induction of miR-185 may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for HCC treatment. ..
- Li S, Su S, Liu J. Differential Regulation of microRNAs in Patients with Ischemic Stroke. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2015;12:214-21 pubmed
- Forstner A, Basmanav F, Mattheisen M, Böhmer A, Hollegaard M, Janson E, et al. Investigation of the involvement of MIR185 and its target genes in the development of schizophrenia. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2014;39:386-96 pubmed..The minimal 1.5 megabase deletion contains MIR185, which encodes microRNA 185. We determined miR-185 expression in embryonic and adult mouse brains...
- Belkaya S, Murray S, Eitson J, de la Morena M, Forman J, van Oers N. Transgenic expression of microRNA-185 causes a developmental arrest of T cells by targeting multiple genes including Mzb1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:30752-62 pubmed publisher..2 deletion syndrome patients. Our findings indicate that miR-185 regulates T cell development through its targeting of several mRNAs including Mzb1. ..
- Fan X, Mao Z, He D, Liao C, Jiang X, Lei N, et al. Expression of somatostatin receptor subtype 2 in growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenoma and the regulation of miR-185. J Endocrinol Invest. 2015;38:1117-28 pubmed publisher..MiR-185 enhanced the cell proliferation and inhibited the apoptosis of GH3 cells. ..
- Ma X, Shen D, Li H, Zhang Y, Lv X, Huang Q, et al. MicroRNA-185 inhibits cell proliferation and induces cell apoptosis by targeting VEGFA directly in von Hippel-Lindau-inactivated clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Urol Oncol. 2015;33:169.e1-11 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the miR-185, as a tumor suppressor, plays a pivotal role by inhibiting VEGFA in VHL-inactivated ccRCC. ..
- Li G, Wang Y, Liu Y, Su Z, Liu C, Ren S, et al. miR-185-3p regulates nasopharyngeal carcinoma radioresistance by targeting WNT2B in vitro. Cancer Sci. 2014;105:1560-8 pubmed publisher..We concluded that miR-185-3p contributed to the radioresistance of NPC via modulation of WNT2B expression in vitro. ..
- Venza I, Visalli M, Beninati C, Benfatto S, Teti D, Venza M. IL-10RÎ± expression is post-transcriptionally regulated by miR-15a, miR-185, and miR-211 in melanoma. BMC Med Genomics. 2015;8:81 pubmed publisher..Our results support a key role of IL-10RÎ± in the development and progression of melanoma and suggest that the IL-10/IL-10 receptor system may become a new therapeutic target for melanoma treatment. ..
- Tang H, Liu P, Yang L, Xie X, Ye F, Wu M, et al. miR-185 suppresses tumor proliferation by directly targeting E2F6 and DNMT1 and indirectly upregulating BRCA1 in triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:3185-97 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-185 functions as a tumor suppressor in TNBC development. It is a promising prognostic biomarker and potential therapeutic target for TNBC. ..
- Yuan H, Zhang J, Kong W, Liu Y, Lin Z, Wang W, et al. Elevated microRNA-185 is associated with high vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 expression levels and high microvessel density in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12757-63 pubmed publisher..However, further investigation should be performed to analyze the prognostic value of miRNA-185 in RCC. ..
- Jiang C, Ruan Y, Wang X, Zhao W, Jiang Q, Jing Y, et al. MiR-185 attenuates androgen receptor function in prostate cancer indirectly by targeting bromodomain containing 8 isoform 2, an androgen receptor co-activator. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;427:13-20 pubmed publisher..In addition to suppression of AR expression, miR-185 can attenuate AR function indirectly by suppressing BRD8 ISO2. MiR-185 and BRD8 ISO2 may be possible therapeutic targets for PCa treatment. ..
- Qu F, Cui X, Hong Y, Wang J, Li Y, Chen L, et al. MicroRNA-185 suppresses proliferation, invasion, migration, and tumorigenicity of human prostate cancer cells through targeting androgen receptor. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;377:121-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-185 could function as a tumor-suppressor gene in CaP by directly targeting AR, and act as a potential therapeutic target for CaP. ..
- Li X, Chen Y, Josson S, Mukhopadhyay N, Kim J, Freeman M, et al. MicroRNA-185 and 342 inhibit tumorigenicity and induce apoptosis through blockade of the SREBP metabolic pathway in prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70987 pubmed publisher..Restoration of miR-185 and 342 led to caspase-dependent apoptotic death in prostate cancer cells. The newly identified miRNAs, miR-185 and 342, represent a novel targeting mechanism for prostate cancer therapy. ..
- Xu J, Ai Q, Cao H, Liu Q. MiR-185-3p and miR-324-3p Predict Radiosensitivity of Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma and Modulate Cancer Cell Growth and Apoptosis by Targeting SMAD7. Med Sci Monit. 2015;21:2828-36 pubmed publisher..MiR-185-3p and miR-324-3p can modulate NPC cell growth and apoptosis, at least partly through targeting SMAD7. ..
- Liu C, Chen Z, Hu X, Wang L, Li C, Xue J, et al. MicroRNA-185 downregulates androgen receptor expression in the LNCaP prostate carcinoma cell line. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:4625-32 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results of the present study suggested that miRâ€‘185 may be a potential negative modulator of ARâ€‘mediated signaling and may act as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Dong Xu W, Jia L, Su Juan Z. MicroRNA-185 is a novel tumor suppressor by negatively modulating the Wnt/?-catenin pathway in human colorectal cancer. Indian J Cancer. 2015;52 Suppl 3:E182-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggested that miR-185 exerts its tumor suppressor activities probably through a negative modulation of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Li M, Wang Q, Liu S, Zhang J, Ju W, Quan M, et al. MicroRNA-185-5p mediates regulation of SREBP2 expression by hepatitis C virus core protein. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:4517-25 pubmed publisher..HCV core protein disturbs the cholesterol homeostasis in HepG2 cells via the SREBP2 pathway; miR-185-5p is involved in the regulation of SREBP2 by the core protein. ..
- La Sala L, Cattaneo M, De Nigris V, Pujadas G, Testa R, Bonfigli A, et al. Oscillating glucose induces microRNA-185 and impairs an efficient antioxidant response in human endothelial cells. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:71 pubmed publisher..Glucose oscillations may exert more deleterious effects on the endothelium than high glucose, likely due to an impaired response of GPx-1, coupled by the upregulation of miR-185. ..
- Deng L, Wang X, Jiang L, Yang J, Zhou X, Lu Z, et al. Modulation of miR-185-5p expression by EBV-miR-BART6 contributes to developmental differences in ABCG4 gene expression in human megakaryocytes. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;81:105-111 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a new paradigm to explain the mechanisms underlying ITP, involving the regulation of megakaryocytopoiesis by viral microRNAs through the intronic hsa-microRNA. ..
- Li S, Ma Y, Hou X, Liu Y, Li K, Xu S, et al. MiR-185 acts as a tumor suppressor by targeting AKT1 in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:11854-62 pubmed..Collectively, we conclude that miR-185 has a critical function by blocking AKT1 in NSCLC cells, and it may be a novel therapeutic agent for miRNA based NSCLC therapy. ..
- Zhou L, Liu S, Han M, Feng S, Liang J, Li Z, et al. MicroRNA-185 induces potent autophagy via AKT signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317694313 pubmed publisher..Binding site mutations eliminated microRNA 185 responsiveness. Our findings demonstrate a new role of microRNA 185 as a key regulator of hepatocellular carcinoma via autophagy by dysregulation of AKT1 pathway. ..
- Liao J, Lu H. Autoregulatory suppression of c-Myc by miR-185-3p. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33901-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results unveil miR-185-3p as the first miRNA that monitors c-Myc levels via an autoregulatory feedback mechanism in response to serum stimulation. ..
- Qiu F, Xiong J, Deng J, Xiang X. TRIM29 functions as an oncogene in gastric cancer and is regulated by miR-185. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:5053-61 pubmed..Over-expression of miR-185 in MGC803 cells inhibited TRIM29 expression and activity of Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Taken together, our results suggest that TRIM29 functions as an oncogene in gastric cancer and is regulated by miR-185. ..
- Jing R, Chen W, Wang H, Ju S, Cong H, Sun B, et al. Plasma miR-185 is decreased in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and might suppress tumor migration and invasion by targeting RAGE. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;309:G719-29 pubmed publisher..73 (95% CI 0.604-0.855). In conclusion, our findings shed novel light on the role of miR-185/RAGE in ESCC metastasis, and plasma miR-185 has potential as a novel diagnostic biomarker in ESCC. ..
- Yu M, Liang W, Wen S, Zhao T, Zhu M, Li H, et al. EphB2 contributes to human naive B-cell activation and is regulated by miR-185. FASEB J. 2014;28:3609-17 pubmed publisher..Our study first suggested that EphB2 was involved in human naive B cell activation through Src-p65 and Notch1 signaling pathways and could be regulated by miR-185. ..
- Tan Z, Jiang H, Wu Y, Xie L, Dai W, Tang H, et al. miR-185 is an independent prognosis factor and suppresses tumor metastasis in gastric cancer. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;386:223-31 pubmed publisher..It is also a potential therapeutic tool to improve clinical outcomes in the above disease. ..
- Zhi Q, Zhu J, Guo X, He S, Xue X, Zhou J, et al. Metastasis-related miR-185 is a potential prognostic biomarker for hepatocellular carcinoma in early stage. Biomed Pharmacother. 2013;67:393-8 pubmed publisher..05). Therefore, miR-185 might be an effective and sensitive biomarker of HCC in early stage, and the upregulation of miR-185 might be considered to be a potentially important molecular treatment strategy for patients with HCC. ..
- Zhang Z, Liu X, Feng B, Liu N, Wu Q, Han Y, et al. STIM1, a direct target of microRNA-185, promotes tumor metastasis and is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Oncogene. 2015;34:4808-20 pubmed publisher..This novel miR-185-STIM1 axis promotes CRC metastasis and may be a candidate biomarker for prognosis and a target for new therapies. ..
- Wang R, Tian S, Wang H, Chu D, Cao J, Xia H, et al. MiR-185 is involved in human breast carcinogenesis by targeting Vegfa. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:4438-47 pubmed..Additionally, Vegfa expression was found to be high in human breast cancer tissues. Thus, miR-185-mediated Vegfa targeting may be involved in breast cancer formation. ..
- UÄŸurel E, ÅžehitoÄŸlu E, TÃ¼zÃ¼n E, KÃ¼rtÃ¼ncÃ¼ M, Ã‡oban A, Vural B. Increased complexin-1 and decreased miR-185 expression levels in BehÃ§et's disease with and without neurological involvement. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:411-6 pubmed publisher..Significant expression alterations of CPLX1 in BD and NBD patients suggest that this molecule has a proinflammatory action. The putative role of CPLX1 in BD pathogenesis remains to be further studied. ..
- Tang H, Liu Q, Liu X, Ye F, Xie X, Xie X, et al. Plasma miR-185 as a predictive biomarker for prognosis of malignant glioma. J Cancer Res Ther. 2015;11:630-4 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that plasma miR-185 has become potential biomarkers for glioma and may be useful in clinical management for glioma patients. ..
- Xiao K, Luo X, Wang X, Gao Z. MicroRNA?185 regulates transforming growth factor??1 and collagen?1 in hypertrophic scar fibroblasts. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:1489-1496 pubmed publisher..However, above all, miR?185 might serve as a potential therapeutic approach for the treatment of HS. ..
- Huang Q, Sun Y, Ma X, Gao Y, Li X, Niu Y, et al. Androgen receptor increases hematogenous metastasis yet decreases lymphatic metastasis of renal cell carcinoma. Nat Commun. 2017;8:918 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show how androgen receptor expression influences the metastatic route through the regulation of miR-185 and VEGF isoforms. ..
- Zhang D, Lee H, Cao Y, Dela Cruz C, Jin Y. miR-185 mediates lung epithelial cell death after oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;310:L700-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, hyperoxia-induced miR-185 in lung epithelial cells contributes to oxidative stress-associated epithelial cell death through enhanced DNA damage and modulation of 14-3-3Î´ pathways. ..