Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR184
Description: microRNA 184
Alias: EDICT, MIRN184, miR-184
- Bykhovskaya Y, Caiado Canedo A, Wright K, Rabinowitz Y. C.57 C > T Mutation in MIR 184 is Responsible for Congenital Cataracts and Corneal Abnormalities in a Five-generation Family from Galicia, Spain. Ophthalmic Genet. 2015;36:244-7 pubmed publisherA c.57 C > T mutation in the seed region of MIR184 located at the 15q25...
- Moschos M, Droutsas K, Sioziou A, Dettoraki M, Gazouli M. Mutational Analysis of Pre-miR-184 and hsa-mir-568 in Greek Patients With Sporadic Keratoconus. Cornea. 2016;35:631-3 pubmed publisher..severe KC and stromal thinning (endothelial dystrophy, iris hypoplasia, congenital cataract, and stromal thinning [EDICT]) syndrome...
- Yin G, Wang Q, Zhang X, Wang S. Regulatory role of microRNA184 in osteosarcoma cells. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:14246-52 pubmed publisher..05), and decreased after inhibiting miR-184 (P < 0.05). MiR-184 promotes tumor cell proliferation and invasion, and may represent a new biological target for osteosarcoma. ..
- Zhou R, Zhou X, Yin Z, Guo J, Hu T, Jiang S, et al. Tumor invasion and metastasis regulated by microRNA-184 and microRNA-574-5p in small-cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44609-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide a comprehensive analysis of the miRNA expression pattern in SCLC and indicate that miRNAs may serve as potential therapeutic and prognostic predictors in SCLC. ..
- Liang X, Meng W, Hu L, Li L, Xing H, Xie G, et al. MicroRNA-184 Modulates Human Central Nervous System Lymphoma Cells Growth and Invasion by Targeting iASPP. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:2645-2653 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 2645-2653, 2017. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Huang J, Kong W, Zhang J, Chen Y, Xue W, Liu D, et al. c-Myc modulates glucose metabolism via regulation of miR-184/PKM2 pathway in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:1569-75 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light on ccRCC molecular study and provide a new and solid basis for developing ccRCC therapy. ..
- Weitzel R, Lesniewski M, Haviernik P, Kadereit S, Leahy P, Greco N, et al. microRNA 184 regulates expression of NFAT1 in umbilical cord blood CD4+ T cells. Blood. 2009;113:6648-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a previously uncharacterized role for miR-184 in UCB CD4+ T cells and a novel function for microRNA in the early adaptive immune response. ..
- Yuan Q, Gao W, Liu B, Ye W. Upregulation of miR-184 enhances the malignant biological behavior of human glioma cell line A172 by targeting FIH-1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1125-36 pubmed publisher..miR-184 upregulation enhanced the malignant phenotype of human glioma cancer cells by reducing FIH-1 protein expression. ..
- Lechner J, Bae H, Guduric Fuchs J, Rice A, Govindarajan G, Siddiqui S, et al. Mutational analysis of MIR184 in sporadic keratoconus and myopia. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:5266-72 pubmed publisherA mutation miR-184(+57C>T) in the seed region of miR-184 (encoded by MIR184 [MIM*613146]) results in familial severe keratoconus combined with early-onset anterior polar cataract and endothelial dystrophy, iris hypoplasia, congenital ..
- Cheng Z, Wang H, Li X, Wu Z, Han Y, Li Y, et al. MicroRNA-184 inhibits cell proliferation and invasion, and specifically targets TNFAIP2 in Glioma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2015;34:27 pubmed publisher..miR-184 could regulate TNFAIP2 expression and affected its translation in glioma. miR-184 could also inhibit glioma progression and might serve as a novel therapeutic target in glioma. ..
- Roberts J, Warren R, Griffiths C, Ross K. Expression of microRNA-184 in keratinocytes represses argonaute 2. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:2314-23 pubmed publisher..Using protein, messenger RNA and reporter analyses, we found that miR-184 regulates the expression of AGO2. We conclude that cytokine-induced miR-184 attenuates AGO2 expression in keratinocytes. ..
- Jiang B, Huo Y, Gu Y, Wang J. The role of microRNAs in myopia. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2017;255:7-13 pubmed publisher..Such knowledge could lead to more precise diagnosis, prognosis, and response predictions for future treatments for myopia, and the pace of discovery is expected to accelerate dramatically in the near future. ..
- Feng R, Dong L. Inhibitory effect of miR-184 on the potential of proliferation and invasion in human glioma and breast cancer cells in vitro. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:9376-82 pubmed..The results showed that miR-184 could be a potential target for glioma and breast cancer treatment. ..
- Li H, Xiang H, Ge W, Wang H, Wang T, Xiong M. Expression and functional perspectives of miR-184 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12313-8 pubmed..MiR-184, therefore, is a potential molecular target for therapy. ..
- Zong R, Zhou T, Lin Z, Bao X, Xiu Y, Chen Y, et al. Down-Regulation of MicroRNA-184 Is Associated With Corneal Neovascularization. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1398-407 pubmed publisher..Down-regulation of miR-184 is associated with up-regulation of VEGF and Wnt/?-catenin expression as well as corneal neovascularization, indicating that miR-184 negatively regulates corneal neovascularization. ..
- Zhen Y, Liu Z, Yang H, Yu X, Wu Q, Hua S, et al. Tumor suppressor PDCD4 modulates miR-184-mediated direct suppression of C-MYC and BCL2 blocking cell growth and survival in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e872 pubmed publisher..Our studies are the first to demonstrate that PDCD4 as tumor suppressor regulated miR-184-mediated direct targeting of BCL2 and C-MYC via PI3K/AKT and JNK/C-Jun pathway attenuating cell proliferation and survival in NPC. ..
- Abu Amero K, Helwa I, Al Muammar A, Strickland S, Hauser M, Allingham R, et al. Screening of the Seed Region of MIR184 in Keratoconus Patients from Saudi Arabia. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:604508 pubmed publisher..Point mutations in the seed region of MIR184 have been recently identified in Keratoconus (KC) patients with or without other corneal and lens abnormalities...
- Emdad L, Janjić A, Alzubi M, Hu B, Santhekadur P, Menezes M, et al. Suppression of miR-184 in malignant gliomas upregulates SND1 and promotes tumor aggressiveness. Neuro Oncol. 2015;17:419-29 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to show a novel regulatory role of SND1, a direct target of miR-184, in glioma progression, suggesting that the miR-184/SND1 axis may be a useful diagnostic and therapeutic tool for malignant glioma. ..
- Lin T, Lin P, Cheng Y, Wu T, Chou M, Chen C, et al. MicroRNA-184 Deregulated by the MicroRNA-21 Promotes Tumor Malignancy and Poor Outcomes in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer via Targeting CDC25A and c-Myc. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1532-9 pubmed publisher..MiR-184 as a tumor suppressor miR inhibits cell proliferation and invasion capability via targeting CDC25A and c-Myc. Low miR-184 level may predict worse prognosis in NSCLC patients. ..
- Tung M, Lin P, Cheng Y, Wu D, Yeh S, Chen C, et al. Reduction of microRNA-184 by E6 oncoprotein confers cisplatin resistance in lung cancer via increasing Bcl-2. Oncotarget. 2016;7:32362-74 pubmed publisher..Among patients, high miR184 and high Bcl-2 mRNA expression was more commonly occurred in E6- positive tumors than in E6-negative tumors...
- Jiang C, Qin B, Liu G, Sun X, Shi H, Ding S, et al. MicroRNA-184 promotes differentiation of the retinal pigment epithelium by targeting the AKT2/mTOR signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:52340-52353 pubmed publisher..MiR-184 promotes RPE differentiation via inhibiting the AKT2/mTOR signaling pathway. MiR-184 based supplementary therapeutics and mTOR blocker, like rapamycin, are prospective options for AMD treatment. ..
- Liu Z, Mai C, Yang H, Zhen Y, Yu X, Hua S, et al. Candidate tumour suppressor CCDC19 regulates miR-184 direct targeting of C-Myc thereby suppressing cell growth in non-small cell lung cancers. J Cell Mol Med. 2014;18:1667-79 pubmed publisher..Our studies are the first to demonstrate that reduced expression of CCDC19 is an unfavourable factor in NSCLC. ..
- Lin B, Huang D, Yu C, Mou Y, Liu Y, Zhang D, et al. MicroRNA-184 Modulates Doxorubicin Resistance in Osteosarcoma Cells by Targeting BCL2L1. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:1761-5 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Our data show that miR-184 was up-regulated in OS patients treated with doxorubicin therapy and leads to poor response to drug therapy by targeting BCL2L1. ..
- HUANG J, Li X, Li H, Su Z, Wang J, Zhang H. Down-regulation of microRNA-184 contributes to the development of cyanotic congenital heart diseases. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14221-7 pubmed..Moreover, miR-184 inhibition may promote hypoxia-induced apoptosis via activation of caspase-3 and caspase-9. Congenital down-regulation of miR-184 may be a mechanism leading to CHD development. ..
- Derrick T, Last A, Burr S, Roberts C, Nabicassa M, Cassama E, et al. Inverse relationship between microRNA-155 and -184 expression with increasing conjunctival inflammation during ocular Chlamydia trachomatis infection. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:60 pubmed publisher..This likely reflects host regulation of the immune response and a prolonged period of wound healing following the clearance of Ct. Prolonged healing may be associated with subsequent development of scarring trachoma. ..
- Bi X, Cao Y, Chen R, Liu C, Chen J, Min D. MicroRNA-184 Promotes Proliferation and Inhibits Apoptosis in HaCaT Cells: An In Vitro Study. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:3056-61 pubmed..In addition, the expression of pro-apoptotic protein caspase-3 increased significantly. CONCLUSIONS Our results suggest distinct roles of miR-184 during the growth, proliferation, and apoptosis of keratinocytes. ..
- Qin C, Lou X, Lv Q, Cheng L, Wu N, Hu L, et al. MicroRNA-184 acts as a potential diagnostic and prognostic marker in epithelial ovarian cancer and regulates cell proliferation, apoptosis and inflammation. Pharmazie. 2015;70:668-73 pubmed..Altogether, our results suggest that miR-184 together with pathologic diagnosis is critical for prognosis determination in EOC patients and help select treatment strategy. ..
- Park J, Peng H, Yang W, Katsnelson J, Volpert O, Lavker R. miR-184 exhibits angiostatic properties via regulation of Akt and VEGF signaling pathways. FASEB J. 2017;31:256-265 pubmed publisher..Park, J. K., Peng, H., Yang, W., Katsnelson, J., Volpert, O., Lavker, R. M. miR-184 exhibits angiostatic properties via regulation of Akt and VEGF signaling pathways. ..