Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR181A1
Description: microRNA 181a-1
Alias: MIR213, MIRN181A1, MIRN213, hsa-mir-181a-1, mir-213
- Palin A, Ramachandran V, Acharya S, Lewis D. Human neonatal naive CD4+ T cells have enhanced activation-dependent signaling regulated by the microRNA miR-181a. J Immunol. 2013;190:2682-91 pubmed publisher..Enhanced calcium signaling and Erk phosphorylation are decoupled from downstream AP-1-dependent transcription, which is reduced and likely contributes to limitations of human fetal and neonatal CD4(+) T cell immunity. ..
- Zhao J, Nie Y, Wang H, Lin Y. MiR-181a suppresses autophagy and sensitizes gastric cancer cells to cisplatin. Gene. 2016;576:828-33 pubmed publisher..Our finding provides evidence that miR-181a functions as a primary autophagy-related modulator and reverses cisplatin-resistance in GC cells. ..
- Zhang K, Wang Q, Jing X, Zhao Y, Jiang H, Du J, et al. miR-181a is a negative regulator of GRIA2 in methamphetamine-use disorder. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35691 pubmed publisher..This study supports the evidence that miR-181a and the glutamate AMPA receptor gene GRIA2 play a critical role in methamphetamine-use disorder. ..
- Marton S, Garcia M, Robello C, Persson H, Trajtenberg F, Pritsch O, et al. Small RNAs analysis in CLL reveals a deregulation of miRNA expression and novel miRNA candidates of putative relevance in CLL pathogenesis. Leukemia. 2008;22:330-8 pubmed..Predicted targets included several genes recently described as tumor suppressors. These data could afford new avenues for exploring innovative pathways in CLL biology and therapy. ..
- Khurana R, Ranches G, Schafferer S, Lukasser M, Rudnicki M, Mayer G, et al. Identification of urinary exosomal noncoding RNAs as novel biomarkers in chronic kidney disease. RNA. 2017;23:142-152 pubmed publisher..Using a cell culture system for CKD indicated that urinary exosomes might indeed originate from renal proximal tubular epithelial cells. ..
- Xu P, Guan M, Bi J, Wang D, Zheng Z, Xue Y. High glucose down-regulates microRNA-181a-5p to increase pro-fibrotic gene expression by targeting early growth response factor 1 in HK-2 cells. Cell Signal. 2017;31:96-104 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that targeting miR-181a-5p may be a novel therapeutic approach of DN. ..
- Ciafrè S, Galardi S, Mangiola A, Ferracin M, Liu C, Sabatino G, et al. Extensive modulation of a set of microRNAs in primary glioblastoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;334:1351-8 pubmed..The most interesting results came from miR-221, strongly up-regulated in glioblastoma and from a set of brain-enriched miRNAs, miR-128, miR-181a, miR-181b, and miR-181c, which are down-regulated in glioblastoma. ..
- Rang Z, Wang Z, Pang Q, Wang Y, Yang G, Cui F. MiR-181a Targets PHLPP2 to Augment AKT Signaling and Regulate Proliferation and Apoptosis in Human Keloid Fibroblasts. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40:796-806 pubmed..Furthermore, miR-181a mimics increased normal skin fibroblast proliferation. Our results highlight a novel pathway mediated by miR-181a, which may be effectively used as a therapeutic target for treatment of keloids. ..
- BrÃ¤uer Hartmann D, Hartmann J, Wurm A, Gerloff D, Katzerke C, Verga Falzacappa M, et al. PML/RARÎ±-Regulated miR-181a/b Cluster Targets the Tumor Suppressor RASSF1A in Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3411-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results define miR-181a and miR-181b as oncomiRs in PML/RARÎ±-associated APL, and they reveal RASSF1A as a pivotal element in the granulocytic differentiation program induced by ATRA in APL. ..
- Pons A, Nomdedeu B, Navarro A, Gaya A, Gel B, Diaz T, et al. Hematopoiesis-related microRNA expression in myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009;50:1854-9 pubmed publisher..miR-222 ( p = 0.0023) and miR-181a ( p = 0.014) expression was higher in AML than in MDS in both BM and PB. This study adds further evidence to the role of miRNAs in the pathogenesis of MDS and their transformation into AML. ..
- Wang Q, Zhang W, Hao S. LncRNA CCAT1 modulates the sensitivity of paclitaxel in nasopharynx cancers cells via miR-181a/CPEB2 axis. Cell Cycle. 2017;16:795-801 pubmed publisher..Taken together, lncRNA CCAT1 regulates the sensitivity of paclitaxel in NPC cells via miR-181a/CPEB2 axis. ..
- Zhang P, Guo Z, Hu R, He X, Jiao X, Zhu X. Interaction between microRNA-181a and TNFAIP1 regulates pancreatic cancer proliferation and migration. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9693-701 pubmed publisher..MiR-181a played a critical role in regulating pancreatic cancer growth and migration, likely interacting with TNFAIP1. ..
- Lyu X, Li J, Yun X, Huang R, Deng X, Wang Y, et al. miR-181a-5p, an inducer of Wnt-signaling, facilitates cell proliferation in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1469-1476 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel mechanistic insight into the role of miR-181a-5p in ALL cell growth and proliferation and implicate miR-181a-5p as an attractive candidate for ALL therapy. ..
- Kane N, Howard L, Descamps B, Meloni M, McClure J, Lu R, et al. Role of microRNAs 99b, 181a, and 181b in the differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to vascular endothelial cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:643-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-99b, -181a, and -181b comprise a component of an endothelial-miRNA signature and are capable of potentiating EC differentiation from pluripotent hESCs. ..
- Lyu Y, Qian Y, Fu L. [Prediction of regulating network of innate immune signaling molecule hsa-miR-181a in stroke development based on bioinformatics analysis]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;31:1042-7 pubmed..The bioinformatics analysis and preliminary experimental verification predicted and demonstrated the regulating network of hsa-miR-181a in stroke. ..
- Choi S, Jin J, Maeng Y, Kim T, Kim E. TGF-Î² regulates TGFBIp expression in corneal fibroblasts via miR-21, miR-181a, and Smad signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:150-5 pubmed publisher..Pharmacologic modulation of these miRNAs and TGF-Î² signaling could have therapeutic potential for TGFBI-associated corneal dystrophy, including GCD2. ..
- Zhang X, Nie Y, Li X, Wu G, Huang Q, Cao J, et al. MicroRNA-181a functions as an oncomir in gastric cancer by targeting the tumour suppressor gene ATM. Pathol Oncol Res. 2014;20:381-9 pubmed publisher..miR-181a modulation may be a potential strategy for the development of miRNA-based therapy of gastric cancer. ..
- Dan C, Jinjun B, Zi Chun H, Lin M, Wei C, Xu Z, et al. Modulation of TNF-Î± mRNA stability by human antigen R and miR181s in sepsis-induced immunoparalysis. EMBO Mol Med. 2015;7:140-57 pubmed publisher..Hence, the fine-tuning of TNF-Î± mRNA stability by HuR and miR181 plays a crucial role in immunoparalysis, and Na(+),K(+)-ATPase ligands are promising agents for immunoparalysis therapy. ..
- Liu X, Liao W, Peng H, Luo X, Luo Z, Jiang H, et al. miR-181a promotes G1/S transition and cell proliferation in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia by targeting ATM. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:77-87 pubmed publisher..The results revealed novel mechanism through which miR-181a regulates G1/S transition and cell proliferation in pediatric AML by regulating the tumor suppressor ATM, providing insights into the molecular mechanism in pediatric AML. ..
- MarosvÃ¡ri D, TÃ©glÃ¡si V, Csala I, MarschalkÃ³ M, BÃ¶dÃ¶r C, TimÃ¡r B, et al. Altered microRNA expression in folliculotropic and transformed mycosis fungoides. Pathol Oncol Res. 2015;21:821-5 pubmed publisher..These results by identifying a number of differentially expressed microRNAs add further insight into the molecular pathogenesis of folliculotropic MF and large cell transformation of MF. ..
- Mele F, Basso C, Leoni C, Aschenbrenner D, Becattini S, Latorre D, et al. ERK phosphorylation and miR-181a expression modulate activation of human memory TH17 cells. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6431 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the phenotype acquired by TH cells during priming contributes to their threshold of activation to secondary antigenic stimulations, thus influencing memory responses. ..
- Yan Z, Zheng Z, Xue W, Zhao M, Fei X, Wu L, et al. MicroRNA181a Is Overexpressed in T-Cell Leukemia/Lymphoma and Related to Chemoresistance. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:197241 pubmed publisher..Collectively, miR181a functioned as a biomarker of T-cell leukemia/lymphoma through modulation of AKT pathway. Related to tumor cell chemoresistance, miR181a could be a potential therapeutic target in treating T-cell malignancies. ..
- Li Z, Huang H, Li Y, Jiang X, Chen P, Arnovitz S, et al. Up-regulation of a HOXA-PBX3 homeobox-gene signature following down-regulation of miR-181 is associated with adverse prognosis in patients with cytogenetically abnormal AML. Blood. 2012;119:2314-24 pubmed publisher..Restoring expression of miR-181b and/or targeting the HOXA/PBX3 pathways may provide new strategies to improve survival substantially. ..
- Ba Z, Gu L, Hao S, Wang X, Cheng Z, Nie G. Downregulation of lncRNA CASC2 facilitates osteosarcoma growth and invasion through miR-181a. Cell Prolif. 2018;51: pubmed publisher..Ectopic expression of CASC2 suppressed the osteosarcoma cell proliferation, colony formation and invasion through regulating RASSF6 expression. Our data illuminated that CASC2 acted as a tumour suppressor in osteosarcoma progression. ..
- Zhai X, Fang F, Liu Q, Meng Y, Guo Y, Chen Z. MiR-181a contributes to bufalin-induced apoptosis in PC-3 prostate cancer cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:325 pubmed publisher..Our dataindicatedthat miR-181a mediates bufalin-induced apoptosis in PC-3 cells. Thus, we presented here a new pharmacological mechanism for bufalin in anti-tumor therapy. ..
- Wei Z, Cui L, Mei Z, Liu M, Zhang D. miR-181a mediates metabolic shift in colon cancer cells via the PTEN/AKT pathway. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1773-9 pubmed publisher..These results identify miR-181a as a molecular switch involved in the orchestration of the warburg effect in colon cancer cells via the PTEN/AKT pathway. ..
- Cuesta R, Martinez Sanchez A, Gebauer F. miR-181a regulates cap-dependent translation of p27(kip1) mRNA in myeloid cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2841-51 pubmed publisher..These results identify miR-181a as a regulator of p27 mRNA translation during myeloid cell differentiation. ..
- Xu H, Zhu J, Hu C, Song H, Li Y. Inhibition of microRNA-181a may suppress proliferation and invasion and promote apoptosis of cervical cancer cells through the PTEN/Akt/FOXO1 pathway. J Physiol Biochem. 2016;72:721-732 pubmed..The potential mechanism was that inhibition of miR-181a might suppress proliferation and invasion and promote apoptosis of HeLa and CaSKi cells by modulating the PTEN/Akt/FOXO1 signaling pathway. ..
- Huang X, Schwind S, Santhanam R, Eisfeld A, Chiang C, Lankenau M, et al. Targeting the RAS/MAPK pathway with miR-181a in acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:59273-59286 pubmed publisher..These data support that targeting the RAS-MAPK-pathway by miR-181a mimics represents a novel promising therapeutic approach for AML and possibly for other RAS-driven cancers. ..
- Strotbek M, Schmid S, Sánchez González I, Boerries M, Busch H, Olayioye M. miR-181 elevates Akt signaling by co-targeting PHLPP2 and INPP4B phosphatases in luminal breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2017;140:2310-2320 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the expression of miR-181 family members and PHLPP2/INPP2B are inversely correlated in primary human estrogen receptor-positive breast cancers, supporting the clinical relevance of our findings. ..
- Okuhara A, Nakasa T, Shibuya H, Niimoto T, Adachi N, Deie M, et al. Changes in microRNA expression in peripheral mononuclear cells according to the progression of osteoarthritis. Mod Rheumatol. 2012;22:446-57 pubmed publisher..This evidence could lead to the elucidation of the mechanism underlying OA pathogenesis and hence to a novel therapeutic strategy for OA. ..
- Jazdzewski K, Boguslawska J, Jendrzejewski J, Liyanarachchi S, Pachucki J, Wardyn K, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor beta (THRB) is a major target gene for microRNAs deregulated in papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E546-53 pubmed publisher..3- to 9.1-fold), and up-regulation of miR-21, -146a, -181a, and -221 in almost all pairs. MiRs up-regulated in PTC tumors directly inhibit the expression of THRB, an important tumor suppressor gene. ..
- Huang S, Zhao Z, Weng G, He X, Wu C, Fu C, et al. The correlation of microRNA-181a and target genes with poor prognosis of glioblastoma patients. Int J Oncol. 2016;49:217-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that miR-181a and it targets ANGPT2 and LAMC1 might be predictors of prognosis in GBM patients. ..
- Rippo M, Olivieri F, Monsurro V, Prattichizzo F, Albertini M, Procopio A. MitomiRs in human inflamm-aging: a hypothesis involving miR-181a, miR-34a and miR-146a. Exp Gerontol. 2014;56:154-63 pubmed publisher..Their modulation could thus mediate the loss of mitochondrial integrity and function in aging cells, inducing or contributing to the inflammatory response and to age-related diseases. ..
- Chandrasekar V, Dreyer J. Regulation of MiR-124, Let-7d, and MiR-181a in the accumbens affects the expression, extinction, and reinstatement of cocaine-induced conditioned place preference. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:1149-64 pubmed publisher..Our results describe a complex regulatory pathway mediated by miRNAs in cocaine-mediated neuronal adaptations. ..
- Liu M, Wang J, Huang H, Hou J, Zhang B, Wang A. miR-181a-Twist1 pathway in the chemoresistance of tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:364-70 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that miR-181a-Twist1 pathway may play an important role in the development of cisplatin-chemoresistance, with EMT and an increase the metastatic potential of TSCC cells. ..
- Ren L, Zhu R, Li X. Silencing miR-181a produces neuroprotection against hippocampus neuron cell apoptosis post-status epilepticus in a rat model and in children with temporal lobe epilepsy. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-181a may serve as a promising therapeutic target for epilepsy. ..
- Chang S, Chen B, Wang X, Wu K, Sun Y. Long non-coding RNA XIST regulates PTEN expression by sponging miR-181a and promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:248 pubmed publisher..MiR-181a can promote HCC metastasis by targeting PTEN, which is regulated by lncRNA XIST. ..
- Li H, Zhang P, Sun X, Sun Y, Shi C, Liu H, et al. MicroRNA-181a regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting PTEN in drug-resistant lung adenocarcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2015;47:1379-92 pubmed publisher..Regulation of miR-181a may provide a novel strategy for overcoming resistance to paclitaxel and cisplatin in lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Xie L, Wu M, Lin H, Liu C, Yang H, Zhan J, et al. An increased ratio of serum miR-21 to miR-181a levels is associated with the early pathogenic process of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in asymptomatic heavy smokers. Mol Biosyst. 2014;10:1072-81 pubmed publisher..854) and specificity (0.850) for evaluating the development of COPD. Our data suggest that the levels of serum miR-21 and miR-181a may be valuable for evaluating the development of COPD in heavy smokers. ..
- Liu J, Xu D, Wang Q, Zheng D, Jiang X, Xu L. LPS induced miR-181a promotes pancreatic cancer cell migration via targeting PTEN and MAP2K4. Dig Dis Sci. 2014;59:1452-60 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the LPS-TLR4-miR-181a signaling pathway plays a significant role in pancreatic cancer invasion and progression. ..
- Williams A, Henao Mejia J, Harman C, Flavell R. miR-181 and metabolic regulation in the immune system. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2013;78:223-30 pubmed publisher..We propose that these miRNAs will form a network to finely tune cellular metabolic status and that miR-181 will function as the primary metabolic rheostat of this network. ..
- Jin C, Peng X, Liu F, Cheng L, Xie T, Lu X, et al. Interferon-induced sterile alpha motif and histidine/aspartic acid domain-containing protein 1 expression in astrocytes and microglia is mediated by microRNA-181a. AIDS. 2016;30:2053-64 pubmed publisher..MiR-181a is an important mediator for interferons-induced SAMHD1 expression in astrocytes and microglia, but not for inhibition of HIV-1 infection induced by IFN-?. ..
- Cao Y, Zhao D, Li P, Wang L, Qiao B, Qin X, et al. MicroRNA-181a-5p Impedes IL-17-Induced Nonsmall Cell Lung Cancer Proliferation and Migration through Targeting VCAM-1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:346-356 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show the regulation of VCAM-1 expression by miR-181a-5p under IL-17 exposure, predicting a potential way for counteracting cancer metastasis. ..
- Gu C, Feng M, Yin Z, Luo X, Yang J, Li Y, et al. RalA, a GTPase targeted by miR-181a, promotes transformation and progression by activating the Ras-related signaling pathway in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Oncotarget. 2016;7:20561-73 pubmed publisher..Among them, P38 MAPK and SAPK/JNK are Ras downstream signaling kinases. Taken together, RalA GTPase might be an important oncogene activating the Ras-related signaling pathway in CML. ..
- Ping W, Gao Y, Fan X, Li W, Deng Y, Fu X. MiR-181a contributes gefitinib resistance in non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting GAS7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:2482-2489 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings provide a novel basis for using miR-181a/GAS7-based therapeutic strategies to reverse gefitinib resistance in NSCLC. ..
- Ti D, Hao H, Fu X, Han W. Mesenchymal stem cells-derived exosomal microRNAs contribute to wound inflammation. Sci China Life Sci. 2016;59:1305-1312 pubmed..We also discuss the potential mechanisms contributing to the resolution of wound inflammation and tissue healing. ..
- Gibert B, Delloye Bourgeois C, Gattolliat C, Meurette O, Le Guernevel S, Fombonne J, et al. Regulation by miR181 family of the dependence receptor CDON tumor suppressive activity in neuroblastoma. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014;106: pubmed publisher..2% vs low miR181-b 54.6%; P = .03). Together, these data support the view that CDON acts as a tumor suppressor in neuroblastomas, and that CDON is tightly regulated by miRNAs. ..
- Guibinga G, Hrustanovic G, Bouic K, Jinnah H, Friedmann T. MicroRNA-mediated dysregulation of neural developmental genes in HPRT deficiency: clues for Lesch-Nyhan disease?. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:609-22 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, we propose that these pleiotropic neurodevelopment effects of miR181a may play a role in the pathogenesis of LND. ..
- Huang S, Zhao Z, Weng G, He X, Wu C, Fu C, et al. Upregulation of miR-181a suppresses the formation of glioblastoma stem cells by targeting the Notch2 oncogene and correlates with good prognosis in patients with glioblastoma multiforme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:1129-1136 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that miR-181a may play an essential role in GSC formation and GBM progression by targeting Notch2, suggesting that Notch2 and miR-181a have potential prognostic value as tumor biomarkers in GBM patients. ..
- Hu Q, Lu Y, Noh H, Hong S, Dong Z, Ding H, et al. Interleukin enhancer-binding factor 3 promotes breast tumor progression by regulating sustained urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression. Oncogene. 2013;32:3933-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that ILF3 promotes breast tumorigenicity by regulating sustained uPA expression. ..
- Zhuang L, Xu G, Pan X, Lou Y, Zou Q, Xia D, et al. MicroRNA-181a-mediated downregulation of AC9 protein decreases intracellular cAMP level and inhibits ATRA-induced APL cell differentiation. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1161 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our studies revealed for the first time the importance of miR-181a-mediated AC9 downregulation in APL. We also suggested the potential value of AC9 as a biomarker in the clinical diagnosis and treatment of leukemia. ..
- Kumar S, Naqvi R, Khanna N, Rao D. Disruption of HLA-DR raft, deregulations of Lck-ZAP-70-Cbl-b cross-talk and miR181a towards T cell hyporesponsiveness in leprosy. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:1178-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study for the first time pinpointed overexpression of Cbl-b and expressional losses of miR-181 as important hallmarks of progression of leprosy. ..
- Song M, Park Y, Ryu J. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH)-mediated upregulation of hepatic microRNA-181 family promotes cancer cell migration by targeting MAPK phosphatase-5, regulating the activation of p38 MAPK. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;273:130-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that the miR-181 family plays a critical role in PAH-induced hepatocarcinogenesis by targeting MKP-5, resulting in the regulation of p38 MAPK activation. ..
- Sang W, Zhang C, Zhang D, Wang Y, Sun C, Niu M, et al. MicroRNA-181a, a potential diagnosis marker, alleviates acute graft versus host disease by regulating IFN-Î³ production. Am J Hematol. 2015;90:998-1007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that the level of miR-181a may serve as a reliable marker for the diagnosis and prognosis the onset of aGVHD. Am. J. Hematol. 90:998-1007, 2015. Â© 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Kohnken R, Kodigepalli K, Mishra A, Porcu P, Wu L. MicroRNA-181 contributes to downregulation of SAMHD1 expression in CD4+ T-cells derived from Sèzary syndrome patients. Leuk Res. 2017;52:58-66 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-181 is an important regulator of SAMHD1 protein expression in neoplastic CD4+ T-cells, likely through a mechanism of translational inhibition. ..
- Peng J, Thakur A, Zhang S, Dong Y, Wang X, Yuan R, et al. Expressions of miR-181a and miR-20a in RPMI8226 cell line and their potential as biomarkers for multiple myeloma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8545-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-181a/20a has a higher expression in MM. miR-181-a expression is proportional to MM tumor burden and could be a biomaker for monitoring treatment. miR-20a shows the potential of a diagnostic biomarker. ..
- Sun X, Charbonneau C, Wei L, Chen Q, Terek R. miR-181a Targets RGS16 to Promote Chondrosarcoma Growth, Angiogenesis, and Metastasis. Mol Cancer Res. 2015;13:1347-57 pubmed publisher..Targeting miR-181a can inhibit tumor angiogenesis, growth, and metastasis, thus suggesting the possibility of antagomir-based therapy in chondrosarcoma. ..
- Niu J, Xue A, Chi Y, Xue J, Wang W, Zhao Z, et al. Induction of miRNA-181a by genotoxic treatments promotes chemotherapeutic resistance and metastasis in breast cancer. Oncogene. 2016;35:1302-1313 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, activated STAT3 not only directly bound to MIR181A1 promoter to drive transcription but also facilitated the recruitment of MSK1 to the same region where MSK1 ..
- Zhu Z, Huang P, Chong Y, Kang L, Huang X, Zhu Z, et al. MicroRNA-181a promotes proliferation and inhibits apoptosis by suppressing CFIm25 in osteosarcoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;14:4271-4278 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the roles of miR?181a and CFIm25 in osteosarcoma not only assists in further understanding the pathogenesis and progression of this disease, but also offers novel targets for effective therapies. ..
- Marques F, Campain A, Tomaszewski M, Zukowska Szczechowska E, Yang Y, Charchar F, et al. Gene expression profiling reveals renin mRNA overexpression in human hypertensive kidneys and a role for microRNAs. Hypertension. 2011;58:1093-8 pubmed publisher..Renin, CD36, and other mRNAs, as well as miRNAs and associated pathways identified in the present study, provide novel insights into hypertension etiology. ..
- Lin Y, Nie Y, Zhao J, Chen X, Ye M, Li Y, et al. Genetic polymorphism at miR-181a binding site contributes to gastric cancer susceptibility. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2377-83 pubmed publisher..055). Our study suggested that rs12537 is associated with susceptibility and prognosis of GC in southern Han Chinese, and miR-181a and its target gene MTMR3 play important roles in GC. ..
- Yang Y, Yen C, Pai C, Chen H, Yu S, Lin C, et al. A Double Negative Loop Comprising ETV6/RUNX1 and MIR181A1 Contributes to Differentiation Block in t(12;21)-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142863 pubmed publisher..Using chromatin immunoprecipitation, we demonstrated that ETV6/RUNX1 directly binds the regulatory region of MIR181A1, and knockdown of ETV6/RUNX1 increased miR-181a-1 level...
- Pilakka Kanthikeel S, Raymond A, Atluri V, Sagar V, Saxena S, Diaz P, et al. Sterile alpha motif and histidine/aspartic acid domain-containing protein 1 (SAMHD1)-facilitated HIV restriction in astrocytes is regulated by miRNA-181a. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:66 pubmed publisher..At this time, this concept is of theoretical nature. Further experiments are needed to confirm if HIV replication can be reactivated in the CNS reservoir. ..
- Hulsmans M, Sinnaeve P, Van Der Schueren B, Mathieu C, Janssens S, Holvoet P. Decreased miR-181a expression in monocytes of obese patients is associated with the occurrence of metabolic syndrome and coronary artery disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1213-8 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the TLR/NF?B-related miR-181a is down-regulated in monocytes of obese patients and suggests that it is a putative biomarker of metabolic syndrome and CAD. ..
- Pichiorri F, Suh S, Ladetto M, Kuehl M, Palumbo T, Drandi D, et al. MicroRNAs regulate critical genes associated with multiple myeloma pathogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12885-90 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have described a MM miRNA signature, which includes miRNAs that modulate the expression of proteins critical to myeloma pathogenesis. ..
- Wei X, Hou X, Li J, Liu Y. miRNA-181a/b Regulates Phenotypes of Vessel Smooth Muscle Cells Through Serum Response Factor. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:127-135 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide a potential therapeutic approach that miR-181a/b took part in regulating the vessel disorders. ..
- Nabih E, Andrawes N. The Association Between Circulating Levels of miRNA-181a and Pancreatic Beta Cells Dysfunction via SMAD7 in Type 1 Diabetic Children and Adolescents. J Clin Lab Anal. 2016;30:727-31 pubmed publisher..miRNA-181a appears to play a potential role in pancreatic beta-cells dysfunction via SMAD7. ..
- He Q, Zhou X, Li S, Jin Y, Chen Z, Chen D, et al. MicroRNA-181a suppresses salivary adenoid cystic carcinoma metastasis by targeting MAPK-Snai2 pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:5258-66 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study revealing that miR-181a deregulation mediated the metastasis of SACC by regulating MAPK-Snai2 pathway. ..