Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR16-1
Description: microRNA 16-1
Alias: MIRN16-1, miRNA16-1
- Young L, Moore A, Sokol L, Meisner Kober N, Dixon D. The mRNA stability factor HuR inhibits microRNA-16 targeting of COX-2. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:167-80 pubmed publisher..Along with insight into altered ARE-mediated mRNA decay observed in colorectal cancer, these findings provide a new explanation for tumor-derived loss of miR-16. ..
- Jing Q, Huang S, Guth S, Zarubin T, Motoyama A, Chen J, et al. Involvement of microRNA in AU-rich element-mediated mRNA instability. Cell. 2005;120:623-34 pubmed..miRNA targeting of ARE, therefore, appears to be an essential step in ARE-mediated mRNA degradation. ..
- Hanlon K, Rudin C, Harries L. Investigating the targets of MIR-15a and MIR-16-1 in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7169 pubmed publisher..Many of these are good biological candidates for involvement in tumorigenesis and as such, may be important in the aetiology of CLL. ..
- Calin G, Dumitru C, Shimizu M, Bichi R, Zupo S, Noch E, et al. Frequent deletions and down-regulation of micro- RNA genes miR15 and miR16 at 13q14 in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:15524-9 pubmed..Detailed deletion and expression analysis shows that miR15 and miR16 are located within a 30-kb region of loss in CLL, and that both genes are deleted or down-regulated in the majority ( approximately 68%) of CLL cases. ..
- Cimmino A, Calin G, Fabbri M, Iorio M, Ferracin M, Shimizu M, et al. miR-15 and miR-16 induce apoptosis by targeting BCL2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13944-9 pubmed..BCL2 repression by these microRNAs induces apoptopsis in a leukemic cell line model. Therefore, miR-15 and miR-16 are natural antisense Bcl2 interactors that could be used for therapy of Bcl2-overexpressing tumors. ..
- Zuo Z, Calin G, de Paula H, Medeiros L, Fernandez M, Shimizu M, et al. Circulating microRNAs let-7a and miR-16 predict progression-free survival and overall survival in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood. 2011;118:413-5 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that let-7a and miR-16 plasma levels can serve as noninvasive prognostic markers in MDS patients. ..
- Roccaro A, Sacco A, Thompson B, Leleu X, Azab A, Azab F, et al. MicroRNAs 15a and 16 regulate tumor proliferation in multiple myeloma. Blood. 2009;113:6669-80 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that microRNAs play a pivotal role in the biology of MM and represent important targets for novel therapies in MM. ..
- Aqeilan R, Calin G, Croce C. miR-15a and miR-16-1 in cancer: discovery, function and future perspectives. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:215-20 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the discovery, functions, and clinical relevance of these miRNAs in cancer, particularly CLL. ..
- Chung E, Dews M, Cozma D, Yu D, Wentzel E, Chang T, et al. c-Myb oncoprotein is an essential target of the dleu2 tumor suppressor microRNA cluster. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:1758-64 pubmed..Conversely, restoration of c-Myb levels partly alleviates tumors suppressive effects of miR-15a/16, suggesting that c-Myb is a key downstream target of this microRNA cluster. ..
- Chamorro Jorganes A, Araldi E, Penalva L, Sandhu D, Fernandez Hernando C, Suarez Y. MicroRNA-16 and microRNA-424 regulate cell-autonomous angiogenic functions in endothelial cells via targeting vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2595-606 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings suggest that miR-16 and miR-424 play important roles in regulating cell-intrinsic angiogenic activity of ECs. ..
- Navarro A, Diaz T, Gallardo E, Viñolas N, Marrades R, Gel B, et al. Prognostic implications of miR-16 expression levels in resected non-small-cell lung cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2011;103:411-5 pubmed publisher..001) and OS (<0.001). Our results provide the first hints that miR-16 levels in tumor samples may be a prognostic marker in NSCLC. ..
- Chen L, Wang Q, Wang G, Wang H, Huang Y, Liu X, et al. miR-16 inhibits cell proliferation by targeting IGF1R and the Raf1-MEK1/2-ERK1/2 pathway in osteosarcoma. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1366-72 pubmed publisher..In clinical specimens, IGF1R levels inversely correlate with miR-16 expression. Our results provide significant clues regarding the role of miR-16 as a tumor suppressor by targeting IGF1R in OS. ..
- Mertens D, Philippen A, Ruppel M, Allegra D, Bhattacharya N, Tschuch C, et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and 13q14: miRs and more. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009;50:502-5 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the molecular and cellular function of the 13q14.3 candidate genes will shed light on the underlying pathomechanism of CLL. ..
- Li L, Jia J, Liu X, Yang S, Ye S, Yang W, et al. MicroRNA-16-5p Controls Development of Osteoarthritis by Targeting SMAD3 in Chondrocytes. Curr Pharm Des. 2015;21:5160-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that miR-16-5p is an important regulator of SMAD3 expression in human chondrocytes and may contribute to the development of OA. ..
- Chen Y, Qiao J. Protein-protein interaction network analysis and identifying regulation microRNAs in asthmatic children. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2015;43:584-92 pubmed publisher..The target genes of miRNAs were significantly enriched in the apoptosis function. TSPO, G6PD and TXN, miR-16, miR-15a and apoptosis may be used as the targets for children's allergic asthma therapy. ..
- Janaki Ramaiah M, Lavanya A, Honarpisheh M, Zarea M, Bhadra U, Bhadra M. MiR-15/16 complex targets p70S6 kinase 1 and controls cell proliferation in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Gene. 2014;552:255-64 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that exogenous microRNA-15/16 can target RPS6KB1, control cell proliferation and cause apoptosis in caspase-dependent manner even in the absence of functional p53. ..
- Frasca D, Diaz A, Romero M, Ferracci F, Blomberg B. MicroRNAs miR-155 and miR-16 Decrease AID and E47 in B Cells from Elderly Individuals. J Immunol. 2015;195:2134-40 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate novel molecular pathways leading to reduced B cell function with aging. ..
- El Abd N, Fawzy N, El Sheikh S, Soliman M. Circulating miRNA-122, miRNA-199a, and miRNA-16 as Biomarkers for Early Detection of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Egyptian Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Mol Diagn Ther. 2015;19:213-20 pubmed publisher..Serum miR-199a and miR-16 could be used as potential indicators of the progress of HCC. ..
- Diamantopoulos M, Kontos C, Kerimis D, Papadopoulos I, Scorilas A. Upregulated miR-16 expression is an independent indicator of relapse and poor overall survival of colorectal adenocarcinoma patients. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2017;55:737-747 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of the cancer-associated miR-16 predicts poor DFS and OS of colorectal adenocarcinoma patients, independently of clinicopathological factors that are currently used for prognostic purposes. ..
- Gao S, Xing C, Chen C, Lin S, Dong P, Yu F. miR-15a and miR-16-1 inhibit the proliferation of leukemic cells by down-regulating WT1 protein level. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:110 pubmed publisher..However the mechanism of inhibiting the proliferation of leukemic cells is poorly understood...
- Zhao C, Liu X, Shi Z, Zhang J, Zhang J, Jia X, et al. Role of serum miRNAs in the prediction of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in polycystic ovarian syndrome patients. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:1086-94 pubmed publisher..We identified and validated two serum miRNAs that have potential for use as novel noninvasive biomarkers to accurately predict OHSS before controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) for PCOS patients. ..
- Chen D, Li Y, Yu Z, Su Z, Yu W, Li Y, et al. Upregulated microRNA-16 as an oncogene in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:1399-404 pubmed publisher..Further study of miR-16 in RCC may clarify the molecular mechanisms of RCC carcinogenesis and aid in the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic options. ..
- Sun H, Meng X, Han J, Zhang Z, Wang B, Bai X, et al. Anti-cancer activity of DHA on gastric cancer--an in vitro and in vivo study. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:3791-800 pubmed publisher..Our work suggested that DHA has significant anticancer effects against gastric cancer both in vivo and in vitro, indicating that it is a promising therapy for human gastric cancer. ..
- Tamarapu Parthasarathy P, Galam L, Huynh B, Yunus A, Abuelenen T, Castillo A, et al. MicroRNA 16 modulates epithelial sodium channel in human alveolar epithelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:203-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggests that miR-16 upregulates ENaC, a major sodium channel involved in resolution of pulmonary edema in ALI. ..
- Zalewski K, Misiek M, Kowalik A, Bakuła Zalewska E, Kopczynski J, Zielińska A, et al. Normalizers for microRNA quantification in plasma of patients with vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia lesions and vulvar carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317717140 pubmed publisher..The candidate microRNA stability values for the two types of lesions are provided and might serve for normalization of the future novel microRNA biomarkers in these rare entities. ..
- Ren C, Chen H, Han C, Fu D, Wang D, Shen M. High expression of miR-16 and miR-451 predicating better prognosis in patients with gastric cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016;142:2489-2496 pubmed..Especially patients with miR-16 and miR-451 double high expression will predict better OS. MiR-16 and miR-451 may be used as novel makers to evaluate prognosis and provide a new treatment target in GC. ..
- Mobarra N, Shafiee A, Rad S, Tasharrofi N, Soufi Zomorod M, Hafizi M, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-16 declines cellular growth, proliferation and induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2015;51:604-11 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results revealed that upregulation of miR-16 would be a potential approach for breast cancer therapy. ..
- Li F, Xu Y, Deng S, Li Z, Zou D, Yi S, et al. MicroRNA-15a/16-1 cluster located at chromosome 13q14 is down-regulated but displays different expression pattern and prognostic significance in multiple myeloma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:38270-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data suggest that the expression patterns of miR-15a/16-1 are different in MM patients, and miR-15a seems to be linked with disease progression and prognosis while miR-16-1 acts as a valuable diagnostic marker. ..
- Lin K, Farahani M, Yang Y, Johnson G, Oates M, Atherton M, et al. Loss of MIR15A and MIR16-1 at 13q14 is associated with increased TP53 mRNA, de-repression of BCL2 and adverse outcome in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Br J Haematol. 2014;167:346-55 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a model in which loss of MIR15A/MIR16-1 at chromosome 13q14 results in adverse outcome due to de-repression of oncogenes such as BCL2, and up-regulation of TP53 mRNA as a bystander effect. ..
- Kitadate A, Ikeda S, Teshima K, Ito M, Toyota I, Hasunuma N, et al. MicroRNA-16 mediates the regulation of a senescence-apoptosis switch in cutaneous T-cell and other non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Oncogene. 2016;35:3692-704 pubmed publisher..Elucidation of the essential targets of miR-16 and SAHA provides a basis for the clinical application of SAHA in the treatment of CTCL and other non-Hodgkin T/NK-cell lymphomas. ..
- Ma Q, Wang X, Li Z, Li B, Ma F, Peng L, et al. microRNA-16 represses colorectal cancer cell growth in vitro by regulating the p53/survivin signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2013;29:1652-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide further evidence for the involvement of dysregulated miRNAs in CRC, and miR-16 could serve as a molecular target for CRC therapy. ..
- Filková M, Aradi B, Senolt L, Ospelt C, Vettori S, Mann H, et al. Association of circulating miR-223 and miR-16 with disease activity in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2014;73:1898-904 pubmed publisher..We suggest miR-223 as a marker of disease activity and miR-16 and miR-223 as possible predictors for disease outcome in ERA. ..
- Chen R, Bemis L, Amato C, Myint H, Tran H, Birks D, et al. Truncation in CCND1 mRNA alters miR-16-1 regulation in mantle cell lymphoma. Blood. 2008;112:822-9 pubmed publisher..This study introduces the role of miR-16-1 in the regulation of CCND1 in MCL. ..
- Wu W, Wang W, Yao W, Li G. Suppressive effects of microRNA-16 on the proliferation, invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:1713-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that the overexpression of miRâ€‘16 inhibits the proliferation, invasion and metastasis of HepG2 HCC cells, and that these effects are associated with the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Adhikari N, Guan W, Capaldo B, Mackey A, Carlson M, Ramakrishnan S, et al. Identification of a new target of miR-16, Vacuolar Protein Sorting 4a. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101509 pubmed publisher..Together, these experiments suggest that miR-16 and VPS4a expression are altered in end-stage HF and in response to unloading with a LVAD. This signaling pathway may lead to reduced circulating cell number in HF. ..
- Kaddar T, Rouault J, Chien W, Chebel A, Gadoux M, Salles G, et al. Two new miR-16 targets: caprin-1 and HMGA1, proteins implicated in cell proliferation. Biol Cell. 2009;101:511-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, we also showed that the inhibition of cyclin E expression was due, at least in part, to a decrease in its mRNA stability. ..
- Diniz M, Gomes C, de Castro W, GuimarÃ£es A, de Paula A, Amm H, et al. miR-15a/16-1 influences BCL2 expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumors. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2012;35:285-91 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we demonstrated that miRNA expression increases after marsupialization, implicating an etiological and therapeutic role of miRNAs in KCOT. ..
- Teshima K, Nara M, Watanabe A, Ito M, Ikeda S, Hatano Y, et al. Dysregulation of BMI1 and microRNA-16 collaborate to enhance an anti-apoptotic potential in the side population of refractory mantle cell lymphoma. Oncogene. 2014;33:2191-203 pubmed publisher..Our results provide important new insight into the pathogenesis of MCL and strongly suggest that targeting BMI1/Bmi1 might be an effective approach to treating MCL, particularly refractory and recurrent cases. ..
- Leung L, Chan C, Leung Y, Jiang H, Abrigo J, Wang D, et al. Comparison of miR-124-3p and miR-16 for early diagnosis of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. Clin Chim Acta. 2014;433:139-44 pubmed publisher..6×10(9) vs 1.3×10(9) copies/ml plasma, p=0.0399). The odds ratio (OR) for discriminating HS and IS with miR-124-3p and miR-16 was 5.37 and 9.75 respectively. Both miR-124-3p and miR-16 are diagnostic markers to discriminate HS and IS. ..
- Humplíková L, Kollinerova S, Papajik T, Pikalova Z, Holzerova M, Prochazka V, et al. Expression of miR-15a and miR-16-1 in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2013;157:284-93 pubmed publisher..There was a significantly decreased expression of both miRNAs in patients with biallelic deletion of the 13q14 region but only when deletions were present in 77% or more of cells, as detected by fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH). ..
- Zhu Y, Lu H, Huo Z, Ma Z, Dang J, Dang W, et al. MicroRNA-16 inhibits feto-maternal angiogenesis and causes recurrent spontaneous abortion by targeting vascular endothelial growth factor. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35536 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data strongly suggest that miR-16 regulates placental angiogenesis and development by targeting VEGF expression and is involved in the pathogenesis of RSA. ..
- Moya P, Wendland J, Salemme J, Fried R, Murphy D. miR-15a and miR-16 regulate serotonin transporter expression in human placental and rat brain raphe cells. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;16:621-9 pubmed publisher..These findings represent a novel layer of complexity for SERT expression regulation exerted by the mir-15a/16 cluster, whose genes are adjacently located at human chromosome 13q14.3. ..
- Jiang Q, Liu B, Yuan T. MicroRNA-16 inhibits bladder cancer proliferation by targeting Cyclin D1. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:4127-30 pubmed..Therefore, the data reported here demonstrate that miR-16 is an important regulator in bladder cancer, which will contribute to better understanding of important mis-regulated miRNAs. ..
- Mei Z, Su T, Ye J, Yang C, Zhang S, Xie C. The miR-15 family enhances the radiosensitivity of breast cancer cells by targeting G2 checkpoints. Radiat Res. 2015;183:196-207 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the expression of the miR-15 family contributes to increased radiosensitivity of breast cancer cells by influencing G2/M checkpoint proteins. ..
- Zang M, Li F, An G, Xie Z, Li C, Yu Z, et al. [Regulation of miRNA-15a/-16 expression on the drug resistance of myeloma cells]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;92:1100-3 pubmed..BMSCs suppress the proliferation of myeloma cells and regulate the drug sensitivity of myeloma cells through the inhibited expression of miRNA-15a/-16. IL-6 plays a pivotal role in the occurrence of drug resistance. ..
- Shanmugam N, Reddy M, Natarajan R. Distinct roles of heterogeneous nuclear ribonuclear protein K and microRNA-16 in cyclooxygenase-2 RNA stability induced by S100b, a ligand of the receptor for advanced glycation end products. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36221-33 pubmed publisher..These new results demonstrate that diabetic stimuli can efficiently stabilize inflammatory genes via opposing actions of key RNA-binding proteins and miRs. ..
- Pons A, Nomdedeu B, Navarro A, Gaya A, Gel B, Diaz T, et al. Hematopoiesis-related microRNA expression in myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009;50:1854-9 pubmed publisher..miR-222 ( p = 0.0023) and miR-181a ( p = 0.014) expression was higher in AML than in MDS in both BM and PB. This study adds further evidence to the role of miRNAs in the pathogenesis of MDS and their transformation into AML. ..
- Wecker T, Hoffmeier K, Plötner A, Grüning B, Horres R, Backofen R, et al. MicroRNA Profiling in Aqueous Humor of Individual Human Eyes by Next-Generation Sequencing. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:1706-13 pubmed publisher..The data suggest possible roles of miRNA in intraocular cell adhesion and signaling by TGF-? and Wnt, which are important in intraocular pressure regulation and glaucoma. ..
- Xi Y, Li J, Zan L, Wang J, Wang G, Ning Y. Micro-RNA-16 expression in paraffin-embedded specimen correlates with overall survival of T-lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1011-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-16 may be considered as a potential prognostic marker for T-lymphoblastic lymphoma/leukemia. ..
- Meruvu S, Zhang J, Bedi Y, Choudhury M. Mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate induces apoptosis through miR-16 in human first trimester placental cell line HTR-8/SVneo. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;31:35-42 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel insight into MEHP induced epigenetic regulation in placental apoptosis which may lead to pregnancy complications. ..
- Zapata Benavides P, Arellano Rodríguez M, Bollain Y Goytia J, Franco Molina M, Rangel Ochoa G, Avalos Diaz E, et al. Cytoplasmic Localization of WT1 and Decrease of miRNA-16-1 in Nephrotic Syndrome. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9531074 pubmed publisher..We concluded that low expression and delocalization from the WT1 protein in NS patients contribute to loss of podocytes while modulation from WT1 protein is not associated with the miRNAs analyzed in sera from the patients. ..
- Bandi N, Vassella E. miR-34a and miR-15a/16 are co-regulated in non-small cell lung cancer and control cell cycle progression in a synergistic and Rb-dependent manner. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:55 pubmed publisher..Since miR-34a and miR-15a/16 are frequently down-regulated in the same tumour tissue, administrating a combination of both miRNAs may also potentiate their therapeutic impact. ..
- Rainer T, Leung L, Chan C, Leung Y, Abrigo J, Wang D, et al. Plasma miR-124-3p and miR-16 concentrations as prognostic markers in acute stroke. Clin Biochem. 2016;49:663-668 pubmed publisher..87 (95%CI: 0.72-0.96). Plasma miR-124-3p and miR-16 are molecular markers which could be useful for the early prediction of mortality and mRS. ..
- Wang W, Chen J, Dai J, Zhang B, Wang F, Sun Y. MicroRNA-16-1 Inhibits Tumor Cell Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in A549 Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinoma Cells. Oncol Res. 2016;24:345-351 pubmed..In conclusion, miR-16-1 overexpression could inhibit cell proliferation and induce apoptosis via regulating the expression of p27, Bcl-2, Bax, and caspase 3 in NSCLC cells. ..
- Figueredo D, GitaÃ D, Andrade T. Daily variations in the expression of miR-16 and miR-181a in human leukocytes. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2015;54:364-8 pubmed publisher..The results show a daily variation of miR-181a and miR-16 expression in human leukocytes, suggesting a potential participation of these genes in the modulation of the circadian rhythms present in blood cells. ..
- Chatterjee A, Chattopadhyay D, Chakrabarti G. MiR-16 targets Bcl-2 in paclitaxel-resistant lung cancer cells and overexpression of miR-16 along with miR-17 causes unprecedented sensitivity by simultaneously modulating autophagy and apoptosis. Cell Signal. 2015;27:189-203 pubmed publisher..miR-17 overexpression reduced cytoprotective autophagy by targeting Beclin-1, whereas overexpression of miR-16 potentiated paclitaxel induced apoptotic cell death by inhibiting anti-apoptotic protein Bcl-2. ..
- Dejean E, Renalier M, Foisseau M, Agirre X, Joseph N, de Paiva G, et al. Hypoxia-microRNA-16 downregulation induces VEGF expression in anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive anaplastic large-cell lymphomas. Leukemia. 2011;25:1882-90 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results demonstrate, for the first time, the involvement of angiogenesis in ALK+ ALCL and strongly suggest an important role for hypoxia-miR-16 in regulating VEGF translation. ..
- Ye E, Steinle J. miR-15b/16 protects primary human retinal microvascular endothelial cells against hyperglycemia-induced increases in tumor necrosis factor alpha and suppressor of cytokine signaling 3. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:44 pubmed publisher..This outcome suggests that both miR-15b and miR-16 are potential therapeutic targets for therapeutics for the diabetic retina. ..
- Zhang X, Chen X, Lin J, Lwin T, Wright G, Moscinski L, et al. Myc represses miR-15a/miR-16-1 expression through recruitment of HDAC3 in mantle cell and other non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphomas. Oncogene. 2012;31:3002-3008 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the role of HDAC3 in Myc-induced miR-15a/16-1 changes and reveal novel mechanisms for c-Myc-driven microRNA suppression and malignant transformation in aggressive B-cell malignancies. ..
- Wu L, Ma X, Shi Y, Bao C, Jin X, Lu Y, et al. Alterations in microRNA expression profiles in inflamed and noninflamed ascending colon mucosae of patients with active Crohn's disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;32:1706-1715 pubmed publisher..The data provide preliminary evidence that the occurrence of CD involves the inhibition of C10orf54 expression by hsa-miR-16-1. ..
- Maccani M, Avissar Whiting M, Banister C, McGonnigal B, Padbury J, Marsit C. Maternal cigarette smoking during pregnancy is associated with downregulation of miR-16, miR-21, and miR-146a in the placenta. Epigenetics. 2010;5:583-9 pubmed..These results suggest that miR-146a is particularly responsive to exposures, and that smoking may elicit some of its downstream effects through alteration of miRNA expression. ..
- Shi L, Jackstadt R, Siemens H, Li H, Kirchner T, Hermeking H. p53-induced miR-15a/16-1 and AP4 form a double-negative feedback loop to regulate epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in colorectal cancer. Cancer Res. 2014;74:532-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results define a double-negative feedback loop involving miR-15a/16-1 and AP4 that stabilizes epithelial and mesenchymal states, respectively, which may determine metastatic prowess. ..
- Liu J, Jiang L, Lin Q, Deng C, Mai L, Zhu J, et al. MicroRNA 16 enhances differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in a cardiac niche toward myogenic phenotypes in vitro. Life Sci. 2012;90:1020-6 pubmed publisher..This mechanism provides a novel strategy for pre-modification of hMSCs before hMSC-based transplantation therapy for severe heart diseases. ..
- Wu Y, Liu W, Xue B, Zhang L, Liu X, Liu B, et al. Upregulated Expression of microRNA-16 Correlates with Th17/Treg Cell Imbalance in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:853-860 pubmed..MiR-16 may be involved in Th17/Treg imbalance of RA patients by affecting the expression of ROR?t and FoxP3. ..
- Rainer J, Ploner C, Jesacher S, Ploner A, Eduardoff M, Mansha M, et al. Glucocorticoid-regulated microRNAs and mirtrons in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2009;23:746-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, the observed complex changes in miRNA/mirtron expression during GC treatment might contribute to the anti-leukemic GC effects in a cell context-dependent manner. ..
- Zhu C, Huang Q, Zhu H. Melatonin Inhibits the Proliferation of Gastric Cancer Cells Through Regulating the miR-16-5p-Smad3 Pathway. DNA Cell Biol. 2018;37:244-252 pubmed publisher..These results uncovered the anticancer effect of melatonin and highlighted the critical roles of miR-16-5p-Smad3 pathway in melatonin-induced growth defects of gastric cancers. ..