Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR146B
Description: microRNA 146b
Alias: MIRN146B, miRNA146B
- Xiang M, Birkbak N, Vafaizadeh V, Walker S, Yeh J, Liu S, et al. STAT3 induction of miR-146b forms a feedback loop to inhibit the NF-?B to IL-6 signaling axis and STAT3-driven cancer phenotypes. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra11 pubmed publisher..Our results identify an epigenetic mechanism of crosstalk between STAT3 and NF-?B relevant to constitutive STAT3 activation in malignancy and the role of inflammation in oncogenesis. ..
- Cai J, Xu L, Cai Z, Wang J, Zhou B, Hu H. MicroRNA-146b-5p inhibits the growth of gallbladder carcinoma by targeting epidermal growth factor receptor. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:1549-55 pubmed publisher..Enforced expression of EGFR reversed the ability of miR-146b-5p to inhibit proliferation. In conclusion, the present study indicated that the mechanism of action of miR-146b-5p in GBC involves the regulation of EGFR expression. ..
- Lee J, Zhao J, Clifton Bligh R, Gill A, Gundara J, Ip J, et al. MicroRNA-222 and microRNA-146b are tissue and circulating biomarkers of recurrent papillary thyroid cancer. Cancer. 2013;119:4358-65 pubmed publisher..The potential of these miRNAs as tumor biomarkers to improve patient stratification according to the risk of recurrence and as circulating biomarkers for PTC surveillance warrants further study. ..
- Phuong N, Kim S, Im J, Yang J, Choi M, Lim S, et al. Induction of methionine adenosyltransferase 2A in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:13902-16 pubmed publisher..Additionally, miR-146b overexpression inhibited cell proliferation and reversed chemoresistance to 4-hydroxytamoxifen in TAMR-MCF-7 cells. ..
- Liu J, Xu J, Li H, Sun C, Yu L, Li Y, et al. miR-146b-5p functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting TRAF6 and predicts the prognosis of human gliomas. Oncotarget. 2015;6:29129-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify miR-146b-5p as a tumor suppressor and novel prognostic biomarker of gliomas, and suggest miR-146b-5p and TRAF6 as potential therapeutic candidates for malignant gliomas. ..
- Kutty R, Nagineni C, Samuel W, Vijayasarathy C, Jaworski C, Duncan T, et al. Differential regulation of microRNA-146a and microRNA-146b-5p in human retinal pigment epithelial cells by interleukin-1?, tumor necrosis factor-?, and interferon-?. Mol Vis. 2013;19:737-50 pubmed..In addition, the increase in MIR146B promoter activity by the cytokine mix was effectively blocked by JAK inhibitor 1, a known inhibitor of the JAK/..
- Pfeiffer D, Roßmanith E, Lang I, Falkenhagen D. miR-146a, miR-146b, and miR-155 increase expression of IL-6 and IL-8 and support HSP10 in an In vitro sepsis model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179850 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence for the central role of selected miRNAs in sepsis and their use in the development of small interfering RNA therapeutics to target immune cells and sepsis pathways. ..
- Al Khalaf H, Mohideen P, Nallar S, Kalvakolanu D, Aboussekhra A. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p16INK4a physically interacts with transcription factor Sp1 and cyclin-dependent kinase 4 to transactivate microRNA-141 and microRNA-146b-5p spontaneously and in response to ultraviolet light-induced DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35511-25 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that p16(INK4a) associates with CDK4 not only to inhibit the cell cycle but also to enable the transcription of two important onco-microRNAs, which act as downstream effectors. ..
- Lee Y, Lim Y, Lee J, Wang S, Park H, Kim S, et al. Differential expression levels of plasma-derived miR-146b and miR-155 in papillary thyroid cancer. Oral Oncol. 2015;51:77-83 pubmed publisher..Circulating miRNA is likely a useful alternate serological marker for PTC. This preliminary study suggested that circulating miRNAs may be useful as follow-up tools as well as diagnostic tools. ..
- Dong H, Wang C, Lu S, Yu C, Huang L, Feng W, et al. A panel of four decreased serum microRNAs as a novel biomarker for early Parkinson's disease. Biomarkers. 2016;21:129-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the 4-miRNA panel enabled the differentiation of HY stage 1 and 2 PD patients from controls. The four serum miRNAs may represent novel biomarkers for the early detection of PD. ..
- Czajka A, WÃ³jcicka A, Kubiak A, Kotlarek M, BakuÅ‚a Zalewska E, Koperski Å, et al. Family of microRNA-146 Regulates RARÎ² in Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151968 pubmed publisher..By restoring RARB levels, microRNA inhibitors may become part of an adjuvant therapy in thyroid cancer patients. ..
- Samuels T, Yan J, Khampang P, Mackinnon A, Hong W, Johnston N, et al. Association of microRNA 146 with middle ear hyperplasia in pediatric otitis media. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;88:104-8 pubmed publisher..This report is the first to assess miRNA expression in a clinical population with OM. Findings herein suggest miR-146 may play a role in OM. ..
- Zhai P, Wang F, Su R, Lin H, Jiang C, Yang G, et al. The regulatory roles of microRNA-146b-5p and its target platelet-derived growth factor receptor ? (PDGFRA) in erythropoiesis and megakaryocytopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22600-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-146b, PDGFRA, and GATA-1 formed a regulatory circuit to promote erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation. ..
- Wang J, Wang Y, Han J, Li Y, Xie C, Xie L, et al. Integrated analysis of microRNA and mRNA expression profiles in the left atrium of patients with nonvalvular paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: Role of miR-146b-5p in atrial fibrosis. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:1018-26 pubmed publisher..miR-146b-5p probably acts as an intracellular mediator in the maladaptive remodeling in atrial fibrosis in atrial fibrillation. ..
- Yang W, Yu H, Shen Y, Liu Y, Yang Z, Sun T. MiR-146b-5p overexpression attenuates stemness and radioresistance of glioma stem cells by targeting HuR/lincRNA-p21/?-catenin pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:41505-41526 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that targeting the miR-146b-5p/HuR/lincRNA-p21/?-catenin signaling pathway may be valuable therapeutic strategies against glioma. ..
- Wang D, Li T, Cui H, Zhang Y. Analysis of the Indicating Value of Cardiac Troponin I, Tumor Necrosis Factor-?, Interleukin-18, Mir-1 and Mir-146b for Viral Myocarditis among Children. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40:1325-1333 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of the TNF-?, IL-18 and cTnI and the expression levels of the miR-1 and miR-146b could be used to predict VMC among children and this approach may reinforce the diagnosis of VMC in clinical practices. ..
- Lin F, Wang X, Jie Z, Hong X, Li X, Wang M, et al. Inhibitory effects of miR-146b-5p on cell migration and invasion of pancreatic cancer by targeting MMP16. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2011;31:509 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings suggest that miR-146b-5p may be involved in pancreatic cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting MMP16, and miR-146b-5p may be a potential therapeutic target for the pancreatic cancer. ..
- Jones R, Cadby G, Melton P, Abraham L, Whitehouse A, Moses E. Genome-wide association study of autistic-like traits in a general population study of young adults. Front Hum Neurosci. 2013;7:658 pubmed publisher..This GWA study is only the second to examine SNPs associated with autistic-like traits in the general population, and provides evidence to support roles for the PRKCB1 and CBLN1 genes in risk of clinical ASD. ..
- Al Ansari M, Aboussekhra A. miR-146b-5p mediates p16-dependent repression of IL-6 and suppresses paracrine procarcinogenic effects of breast stromal fibroblasts. Oncotarget. 2015;6:30006-16 pubmed publisher..These results show that miR-146b-5p has non-cell-autonomous tumor suppressor function through inhibition of IL-6, suggesting that targeting this microRNA in breast stromal fibroblasts could be of great therapeutic value. ..
- Echavarria R, Mayaki D, Neel J, Harel S, Sanchez V, Hussain S. Angiopoietin-1 inhibits toll-like receptor 4 signalling in cultured endothelial cells: role of miR-146b-5p. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;106:465-77 pubmed publisher..Ang-1 disrupts TLR4 signalling, resulting in inhibition of LPS-induced inflammatory responses in endothelial cells. This inhibition occurs through selective targeting of IRAK1 and TRAF6 proteins by miR-146b-5p. ..
- Garcia A, Buisson M, Bertrand P, Rimokh R, Rouleau E, Lopez B, et al. Down-regulation of BRCA1 expression by miR-146a and miR-146b-5p in triple negative sporadic breast cancers. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:279-90 pubmed publisher..This work provides further evidence for the involvement of miRNAs in sporadic breast cancer through down-regulation of BRCA1. ..
- Geraldo M, Yamashita A, Kimura E. MicroRNA miR-146b-5p regulates signal transduction of TGF-? by repressing SMAD4 in thyroid cancer. Oncogene. 2012;31:1910-22 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm the oncogenic role of miR-146b-5p in thyroid follicular cells and contribute to knowledge regarding the modulation of TGF-? signal transduction by miRNAs in PTCs. ..
- Lu Y, Hippen K, Lemire A, Gu J, Wang W, Ni X, et al. miR-146b antagomir-treated human Tregs acquire increased GVHD inhibitory potency. Blood. 2016;128:1424-35 pubmed publisher..In vitro exposure of human tTregs to miR-146b antagomirs can be exploited to improve the clinical efficacy of human adoptive tTreg transfer in a GVHD setting. ..
- Guo Z, Hardin H, Montemayor Garcia C, Asioli S, Righi A, Maletta F, et al. In Situ Hybridization Analysis of miR-146b-5p and miR-21 in Thyroid Nodules: Diagnostic Implications. Endocr Pathol. 2015;26:157-63 pubmed publisher..ISH is a useful method to analyze microRNA expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded thyroid tissues. ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, Yu L, Sun C, Cheng D, Yu S, et al. miR-146b-5p inhibits glioma migration and invasion by targeting MMP16. Cancer Lett. 2013;339:260-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the restoration of miR-146b-5p expression may be a feasible approach for inhibiting the migration and invasion of malignant gliomas. ..
- Wojtas B, Ferraz C, Stokowy T, Hauptmann S, Lange D, Dralle H, et al. Differential miRNA expression defines migration and reduced apoptosis in follicular thyroid carcinomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2014;388:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miR-146b and miR-183 may influence FTC development through the induction of migration and apoptosis inhibition. ..
- Lee J, Zhao J, Gundara J, Serpell J, Bach L, Sidhu S. Papillary thyroid cancer-derived exosomes contain miRNA-146b and miRNA-222. J Surg Res. 2015;196:39-48 pubmed publisher..The intercellular interactions were likely conferred in part by exosomal miRNA, which can potentially be developed as biomarkers of PTC recurrence. ..
- Ha J, Jung H. Up-regulation of MicroRNA 146b is Associated with Myelofibrosis in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015;45:308-14 pubmed..Up-regulation of miR-146b could be used as a fibrosis-indicating marker and might be helpful in the study of fibrotic mechanism in MPN, as well as other fibrotic diseases. ..
- Garcia A, Buisson M, Damiola F, Tessereau C, Barjhoux L, Verny Pierre C, et al. Mutation screening of MIR146A/B and BRCA1/2 3'-UTRs in the GENESIS study. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:1324-9 pubmed publisher..We screened two genes, MIR146A and MIR146B, producing miR-146a and miR-146b-5p, respectively, that regulate BRCA1, and the 3'- untranslated regions (3'-UTRs)..
- Shen C, Yang H, Liu H, Wang X, Zhang Y, Xu R. Inhibitory effect and mechanisms of microRNA-146b-5p on the proliferation and metastatic potential of Caski human cervical cancer cells. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:3955-61 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miRâ€‘146bâ€‘5p may be a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of cervical cancer through regulation of cell chemotaxis and the cell cycle. ..
- Sun M, Fang S, Li W, Li C, Wang L, Wang F, et al. Associations of miR-146a and miR-146b expression and clinical characteristics in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:33-40 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of miR-146a and miR-146b expression in tissues was related to carcinogenesis and deterioration of PTC. MicroRNA-146a and miR-146b expressed in thyroid tissue may act as potential biomarkers for PTC patients. ..
- Chou C, Chi S, Huang C, Chou F, Huang C, Liu R, et al. IRAK1, a Target of miR-146b, Reduces Cell Aggressiveness of Human Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101:4357-4366 pubmed..In conjunction with current therapeutic regimens, targeting the miR-146b-IRAK1 axis may provide a potential approach for PTC management. ..
- Cheng H, Sivachandran N, Lau A, Boudreau E, Zhao J, Baltimore D, et al. MicroRNA-146 represses endothelial activation by inhibiting pro-inflammatory pathways. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1017-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, we uncover an important negative feedback regulatory loop that controls pro-inflammatory signalling in endothelial cells that may impact vascular inflammatory diseases. ..
- Zhu R, Zhao W, Fan F, Tang L, Liu J, Luo T, et al. A 3-miRNA signature predicts prognosis of pediatric and adolescent cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget. 2017;8:38902-38913 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the 3-microRNA-based signature is a reliable prognostic biomarker for pediatric and adolescent cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia patients. ..
- Li C, Zeng X, Liu Z, Li F, Wang K, Wu B. BDNF VAL66MET Polymorphism Elevates the Risk of Bladder Cancer via MiRNA-146b in Micro-Vehicles. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;45:366-377 pubmed publisher..Thus, BDNF Val66Met is associated with the risk of bladder cancer, and the BDNF variant could be used a biomarker for the diagnosis of bladder cancer. ..
- Ma W, Zhao X, Liang L, Wang G, Li Y, Miao X, et al. miR-146a and miR-146b promote proliferation, migration and invasion of follicular thyroid carcinoma via inhibition of ST8SIA4. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28028-28041 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results demonstrate that miR-146a and miR-146b promote proliferation, migration and invasion of FTC via inhibition of ST8SIA4. ..
- Hulsmans M, Van Dooren E, Mathieu C, Holvoet P. Decrease of miR-146b-5p in monocytes during obesity is associated with loss of the anti-inflammatory but not insulin signaling action of adiponectin. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32794 pubmed publisher..It appears not to be involved in insulin signaling possibly by protective response of IRAK3 and lack of mitochondrial ROS production. ..
- Khorrami S, Zavaran Hosseini A, Mowla S, Soleimani M, Rakhshani N, Malekzadeh R. MicroRNA-146a induces immune suppression and drug-resistant colorectal cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698365 pubmed publisher..Also, our data indicated that colon cancer drug resistance is possibly associated with miR-146a overexpression. ..
- Li Y, Xu Y, Yu C, Zuo W. Associations of miR-146a and miR-146b expression and breast cancer in very young women. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:881-7 pubmed publisher..05). Down-regulations of miR-146a and miR-146b expression in breast tissues were related to development and deterioration of breast cancer. miR-146a and miR-146b might act as potential biomarkers for young women with breast cancer. ..
- Agretti P, Ferrarini E, Rago T, Candelieri A, De Marco G, Dimida A, et al. MicroRNA expression profile helps to distinguish benign nodules from papillary thyroid carcinomas starting from cells of fine-needle aspiration. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012;167:393-400 pubmed publisher..When the assay was applied to discriminate thyroid nodules with undetermined cytology, a low sensitivity and specificity despite the low number of false-negative predictions was obtained, limiting the practical interest of the method. ..
- Chou C, Yang K, Chou F, Huang C, Lan Y, Lee Y, et al. Prognostic implications of miR-146b expression and its functional role in papillary thyroid carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E196-205 pubmed publisher..These results enhance understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in tumor aggressiveness in PTC, provide new prognostic biomarkers, and ultimately offer new leads for developing therapies for PTC. ..
- Cheng S, Li L, Wang L. miR-155 and miR-146b negatively regulates IL6 in Helicobacter pylori (cagA+) infected gastroduodenal ulcer. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:607-13 pubmed..This study indicated that the up-regulation of miR-155 and miR-146b decreases H. pylori (cagA+)-introduced IL6 overexpression, which might weaken the cleanup of H. pylori (cagA+) and contributes to ulcer. ..
- Chang T, Tsai W, Huang T, Su S, Chang C, Ma H, et al. Dysregulation of endothelial colony-forming cell function by a negative feedback loop of circulating miR-146a and -146b in cardiovascular disease patients. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181562 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we discovered the dysregulation of miR-146a-5p/RHOJ and miR-146b-5p/RHOJ axis in the plasma and ECFCs of CAD patients that could be used as biomarkers or therapeutic targets for CAD and other angiogenesis-related diseases. ..
- Deng X, Wu B, Xiao K, Kang J, Xie J, Zhang X, et al. MiR-146b-5p promotes metastasis and induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in thyroid cancer by targeting ZNRF3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;35:71-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-146b-5p induces EMT and may promote PTC metastasis through the regulation of Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling, and suggest novel potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of PTC. ..
- Xu E, Zhao J, Ma J, Wang C, Zhang C, Jiang H, et al. miR-146b-5p promotes invasion and metastasis contributing to chemoresistance in osteosarcoma by targeting zinc and ring finger 3. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:275-83 pubmed publisher..It also increased resistance to chemotherapy through the regulation of ZNRF3, and suggested novel potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Andrade T, Evangelista A, Campos A, Poles W, Borges N, Camillo C, et al. A microRNA signature profile in EBV+ diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the elderly. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11813-26 pubmed..The present study proposed a miRNA signature for EBV+DLBCLe and our findings suggest that hsa-miR-146b and hsa-miR-222 could be biomarkers and therapeutic targets. ..
- Al Khalaf H, Aboussekhra A. MicroRNA-141 and microRNA-146b-5p inhibit the prometastatic mesenchymal characteristics through the RNA-binding protein AUF1 targeting the transcription factor ZEB1 and the protein kinase AKT. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31433-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these 3'-UTR-directed post-transcriptional gene expression regulators constitute promising new targets for diagnostic and/or therapeutic interventions. ..
- Li J, Shan F, Xiong G, Wang J, Wang W, Xu X, et al. Transcriptional regulation of miR-146b by C/EBP? LAP2 in esophageal cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:267-71 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest a miR-146b regulatory mechanism involving C/EBP?, which may contribute to the up-regulation of miR-146b in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Li C, Miao R, Liu S, Wan Y, Zhang S, Deng Y, et al. Down-regulation of miR-146b-5p by long noncoding RNA MALAT1 in hepatocellular carcinoma promotes cancer growth and metastasis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:28683-28695 pubmed publisher..In general, our results indicate that miR-146b-5p inhibits tumor growth and metastasis of HCC by targeting TRAF6 mediated Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Ding H, Qian W, Xu J. MicroRNA-146b acts as a potential tumor suppressor in human prostate cancer. J BUON. 2016;21:434-43 pubmed
- Fetahu I, Tennakoon S, Lines K, GrÃ¶schel C, Aggarwal A, Mesteri I, et al. miR-135b- and miR-146b-dependent silencing of calcium-sensing receptor expression in colorectal tumors. Int J Cancer. 2016;138:137-45 pubmed publisher..This provides a new approach for finding means to prevent CaSR loss, developing better treatment strategies for CRC. ..
- Chen B, Li Z, Gao S. Circulating miR-146a/b correlates with inflammatory cytokines in COPD and could predict the risk of acute exacerbation COPD. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018;97:e9820 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-146a and miR-146b were negatively correlated with inflammatory cytokines, and could be promising biomarkers for predicting the risk of AECOPD in stable COPD patients and healthy individuals. ..