Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR141
Description: microRNA 141
- Hu W, Wang X, Ding X, Li Y, Zhang X, Xie P, et al. MicroRNA-141 represses HBV replication by targeting PPARA. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34165 pubmed publisher..This study provides new insights into the molecular mechanisms associated with HBV-host interactions. Furthermore, this information may facilitate the development of novel anti-HBV therapeutic strategies. ..
- Chen X, Wang X, Ruan A, Han W, Zhao Y, Lu X, et al. miR-141 is a key regulator of renal cell carcinoma proliferation and metastasis by controlling EphA2 expression. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:2617-30 pubmed publisher..miR-141 serves as a potential biomarker for discriminating ccRCC from normal tissues and a crucial suppressor of ccRCC cell proliferation and metastasis by modulating the EphA2/p-FAK/p-AKT/MMPs signaling cascade. ..
- Liu Y, Ding Y, Huang J, Wang S, Ni W, Guan J, et al. MiR-141 suppresses the migration and invasion of HCC cells by targeting Tiam1. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88393 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that miR-141 functions as a tumor suppressor and inhibits the migration and invasion of HCC cells by targeting Tiam1, which may provide novel prognostic and treatment strategies for HCC patients. ..
- Chiyomaru T, Fukuhara S, Saini S, Majid S, Deng G, Shahryari V, et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTAIR is targeted and regulated by miR-141 in human cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:12550-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that HOTAIR is suppressed by miR-141 in an Ago2-dependent manner. ..
- Mohr A, Bailey J, Lewallen M, Liu X, Radhakrishnan P, Yu F, et al. MUC1 regulates expression of multiple microRNAs involved in pancreatic tumor progression, including the miR-200c/141 cluster. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73306 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that signaling through MUC1 influences cancer progression by regulating transcription of microRNAs that are associated with the process of metastasis. ..
- Zhao G, Wang B, Liu Y, Zhang J, Deng S, Qin Q, et al. miRNA-141, downregulated in pancreatic cancer, inhibits cell proliferation and invasion by directly targeting MAP4K4. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:2569-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that miR-141 targets MAP4K4, acts as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer cells, and may serve as a novel therapeutic agent for miRNA-based pancreatic cancer therapy. ..
- Chen B, Huang T, Jiang J, Lv L, Li H, Xia S. miR-141 suppresses proliferation and motility of gastric cancer cells by targeting HDGF. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;388:211-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the expression of HDGF was negatively correlated with miR-141 in GC tissues. Our data suggest that miR-141 might be associated and plays essential role in GC progression. ..
- Hu M, Xia M, Chen X, Lin Z, Xu Y, Ma Y, et al. MicroRNA-141 regulates Smad interacting protein 1 (SIP1) and inhibits migration and invasion of colorectal cancer cells. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:2365-72 pubmed publisher..SIP1 was identified as a functional target of miR-141. miR-141 regulates SIP1 to inhibit migration and invasion of CRC cells. miR-141 and SIP1 might be candidate therapeutic targets in CRC. ..
- Du Y, Xu Y, Ding L, Yao H, Yu H, Zhou T, et al. Down-regulation of miR-141 in gastric cancer and its involvement in cell growth. J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:556-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-141 may be involved in the development of gastric cancer through its inhibitory effect on cell proliferation. ..
- Meng F, Henson R, Lang M, Wehbe H, Maheshwari S, Mendell J, et al. Involvement of human micro-RNA in growth and response to chemotherapy in human cholangiocarcinoma cell lines. Gastroenterology. 2006;130:2113-29 pubmed..Alterations in miRNA expression contribute to tumor growth and response to chemotherapy. Aberrantly expressed miRNA or their targets will provide mechanistic insight and therapeutic targets for cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Cheng H, Zhang L, Cogdell D, Zheng H, Schetter A, Nykter M, et al. Circulating plasma MiR-141 is a novel biomarker for metastatic colon cancer and predicts poor prognosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17745 pubmed publisher..We propose that plasma miR-141 may represent a novel biomarker that complements CEA in detecting colon cancer with distant metastasis and that high levels of miR-141 in plasma were associated with poor prognosis. ..
- Xu L, Li Q, Xu D, Wang Q, An Y, Du Q, et al. hsa-miR-141 downregulates TM4SF1 to inhibit pancreatic cancer cell invasion and migration. Int J Oncol. 2014;44:459-66 pubmed publisher..TM4SF1 is a direct target of miR-141. Our findings that TM4SF1 expression was inhibited by miR-141 provide new insights into the oncogenic mechanism of TM4SF1 and suggest that miR-141 represents a novel molecular target for PC therapy. ..
- Zhou P, Xu W, Peng X, Luo Z, Xing Q, Chen X, et al. Large-scale screens of miRNA-mRNA interactions unveiled that the 3'UTR of a gene is targeted by multiple miRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68204 pubmed publisher..3%) of the nine prediction programs used here. Additionally, we noticed that a relatively high conservation level was shown at the miRNA 3' end targeted regions, as well as the 5' end (seed region) binding sites. ..
- Fernandez Torron R, Garcia Puga M, Emparanza J, Maneiro M, Cobo A, Poza J, et al. Cancer risk in DM1 is sex-related and linked to miRNA-200/141 downregulation. Neurology. 2016;87:1250-7 pubmed publisher..Oncologic risk is increased in DM1, especially in women and for gynecologic, brain, and thyroid cancer. Expression of the miRNA-200/miRNA-141 tumor suppressor family is decreased in women with DM1. ..
- Ospina Prieto S, Chaiwangyen W, Herrmann J, Groten T, Schleussner E, Markert U, et al. MicroRNA-141 is upregulated in preeclamptic placentae and regulates trophoblast invasion and intercellular communication. Transl Res. 2016;172:61-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, elevated levels of miR-141 can be transferred from trophoblast to immune cells by release and internalization of EVs suggesting their role in the immune regulation of normal and pathologic pregnancies. ..
- AntolÃn S, Calvo L, Blanco Calvo M, Santiago M, Lorenzo PatiÃ±o M, Haz Conde M, et al. Circulating miR-200c and miR-141 and outcomes in patients with breast cancer. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:297 pubmed publisher..Circulating miR-200c and miR-141 were deregulated in BC comparing with controls. Furthermore, miR-200c and miR-141 were independent prognostic factors and associated with distinct outcomes of BC patients. ..
- Vrba L, Jensen T, Garbe J, Heimark R, Cress A, Dickinson S, et al. Role for DNA methylation in the regulation of miR-200c and miR-141 expression in normal and cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8697 pubmed publisher..Since the miR-200c cluster plays a significant role in EMT, our results suggest an important role for DNA methylation in the control of phenotypic conversions in normal cells. ..
- Yao Y, Qiu W, Yao R, Zhang Q, Zhuang L, Zhou F, et al. miR-141 confers docetaxel chemoresistance of breast cancer cells via regulation of EIF4E expression. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2504-12 pubmed publisher..This serves as a mechanism of acquired docetaxel resistance in BC cells, possibly through direct interactions with EIF4E, therefore presenting a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of docetaxel resistant BC. ..
- Ji J, Qin Y, Ren J, Lu C, Wang R, Dai X, et al. Mitochondria-related miR-141-3p contributes to mitochondrial dysfunction in HFD-induced obesity by inhibiting PTEN. Sci Rep. 2015;5:16262 pubmed publisher..Inhibiting PTEN could alter the mitochondrial function, too. Our study suggested that mitochondria-related miR-141-3p induced mitochondrial dysfunction by inhibiting PTEN. ..
- Tamagawa S, Beder L, Hotomi M, Gunduz M, Yata K, Grenman R, et al. Role of miR-200c/miR-141 in the regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and migration in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Mol Med. 2014;33:879-86 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that the promoter hypermethylation of ZEB1 and ZEB2 may play an essential role and may overshadow the effects of the miR-200 family in the regulation of EMT during carcinogenesis. ..
- Gonzales J, Fink L, Goodman O, Symanowski J, Vogelzang N, Ward D. Comparison of circulating MicroRNA 141 to circulating tumor cells, lactate dehydrogenase, and prostate-specific antigen for determining treatment response in patients with metastatic prostate cancer. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2011;9:39-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, miR-141 demonstrated high correlation with changes of the other biomarkers. ..
- Liu W, Qi L, Lv H, Zu X, Chen M, Wang J, et al. MiRNA-141 and miRNA-200b are closely related to invasive ability and considered as decision-making biomarkers for the extent of PLND during cystectomy. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:92 pubmed publisher..Detection of miRNA-141 and miRNA-200b can help to identify patients undergoing cystectomy who are likely to have lymph node metastasis, and therefore those who may benefit from super-extended PLND. ..
- Lou G, Dong X, Xia C, Ye B, Yan Q, Wu S, et al. Direct targeting sperm-associated antigen 9 by miR-141 influences hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth and metastasis via JNK pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:14 pubmed publisher..MiR-141 suppression may cause aberrant expression of SPAG9 and promote HCC tumorigenesis via JNK pathway. ..
- Lei K, Liang X, Gao Y, Xu B, Xu Y, Li Y, et al. Lnc-ATB contributes to gastric cancer growth through a MiR-141-3p/TGF?2 feedback loop. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:514-521 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the positive feedback loop of lnc-ATB/miR-141-3p/TGF-?2 may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of GC. ..
- Stratmann J, Wang C, Gnosa S, Wallin A, Hinselwood D, Sun X, et al. Dicer and miRNA in relation to clinicopathological variables in colorectal cancer patients. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:345 pubmed publisher..An increased expression of Dicer mRNA in normal mucosa from CRC patients is significantly related to poor survival independently of gender, age, tumour site, stage and differentiation. ..
- Mak C, Yung M, Hui L, Leung L, Liang R, Chen K, et al. MicroRNA-141 enhances anoikis resistance in metastatic progression of ovarian cancer through targeting KLF12/Sp1/survivin axis. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:11 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a novel signaling axis of miR-141/KLF12/Sp1/survivin in enhancing anoikis resistance and likely serves as a potential therapeutic target for metastatic ovarian cancer. ..
- Tang Q, Wu W, Xu X, Huang L, Gao Q, Chen H, et al. miR-141 contributes to fetal growth restriction by regulating PLAG1 expression. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58737 pubmed publisher..We propose that miR-141 may participate in a miR-141-PLAG1-IGF2 network relating to FGR development. These findings may provide new targets via miR-141 in diagnosis and therapy of FGR in the future. ..
- Xue L, Yu X, Jiang X, Deng X, Mao L, Guo L, et al. TM4SF1 promotes the self-renewal of esophageal cancer stem-like cells and is regulated by miR-141. Oncotarget. 2017;8:19274-19284 pubmed publisher..It may also promote the development of new therapeutic strategies and efficient drugs to target ESCC stem-like cells. ..
- Zhou X, Su J, Zhu L, Zhang G. Helicobacter pylori modulates cisplatin sensitivity in gastric cancer by down-regulating miR-141 expression. Helicobacter. 2014;19:174-81 pubmed publisher..pylori-positive tissues. Altogether, these findings demonstrated that the H. pylori infection could modulate cisplatin sensitivity through miR-141-mediated regulation of KEAP1. ..
- Feng J, Xue S, Pang Q, Rang Z, Cui F. miR-141-3p inhibits fibroblast proliferation and migration by targeting GAB1 in keloids. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:302-308 pubmed publisher..All data suggested that miR-141-3p decreased the proliferation and migration of keloid fibroblasts by repressing GAB1 expression, providing a useful target for keloid management. ..
- Li D, Li J. Association of miR-34a-3p/5p, miR-141-3p/5p, and miR-24 in Decidual Natural Killer Cells with Unexplained Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:922-9 pubmed..These findings might contribute to the panel of diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers with clinical utility, and facilitate the development of new strategies for targeted therapy against URSA. ..
- Wang Z, Lei H, Sun Q. MicroRNA-141 and its associated gene FUS modulate proliferation, migration and cisplatin chemosensitivity in neuroblastoma cell lines. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2943-51 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-141 and the FUS gene, which are inversely correlated, play significant functional roles in regulating human NB. ..
- Al Khalaf H, Aboussekhra A. MicroRNA-141 and microRNA-146b-5p inhibit the prometastatic mesenchymal characteristics through the RNA-binding protein AUF1 targeting the transcription factor ZEB1 and the protein kinase AKT. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31433-47 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these 3'-UTR-directed post-transcriptional gene expression regulators constitute promising new targets for diagnostic and/or therapeutic interventions. ..
- Xu H, Mei Q, Xiong C, Zhao J. Tumor-suppressing effects of miR-141 in human osteosarcoma. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;69:319-25 pubmed publisher..In all, miR-141 played a osteosarcoma-suppressing role via ZEB1 and ZEB2. Our finding may elucidate the miRNAs mechanism in osteosarcoma and provide a new molecule target for osteosarcoma therapy. ..
- Verrando P, Capovilla M, Rahmani R. Trans-nonachlor decreases miR-141-3p levels in human melanocytes in vitro promoting melanoma cell characteristics and shows a multigenerational impact on miR-8 levels in Drosophila. Toxicology. 2016;368-369:129-141 pubmed publisher..This study therefore justifies the development of molecular investigations to decipher the toxic epigenetic heritable impact of pesticides on cancer occurrence. ..
- Tang W, Qin J, Tang J, Zhang H, Zhou Z, Li B, et al. Aberrant reduction of MiR-141 increased CD47/CUL3 in Hirschsprung's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2013;32:1655-67 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrates for the first time the role of miR-141 and its target genes in the occurrence of HSCR, and provides us a new direction for the study of the pathogenesis of Hirschsprung's disease. ..
- Abedi N, Mohammadi Yeganeh S, Koochaki A, Karami F, Paryan M. miR-141 as potential suppressor of Î²-catenin in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:9895-901 pubmed publisher..Also, it is the potential target of miR-141, in which its downregulation was detected in cell lines, and can be considered as a promising new targeted approach toward TNBC. ..
- Gao Y, Wu J. MicroRNA-200c and microRNA-141 as potential diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for ovarian cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4843-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-200c and miR-141 may be predictive biomarkers for ovarian cancer prognosis. Further large-scale studies are still needed to confirm our findings. ..
- Lu Y, Hu J, Sun W, Duan X, Chen X. Prognostic value of miR-141 downregulation in gastric cancer. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:17305-11 pubmed publisher..007) were independent prognostic factors in patients with gastric cancer. Our data provide evidence that the downregulation of miR-141 may contribute to the aggressive progression and poor prognosis of human gastric cancer. ..
- Jin Y, Chen Q, Xu K, Ren H, Bao X, Ma Y, et al. Involvement of microRNA-141-3p in 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin chemo-resistance in esophageal cancer cells via regulation of PTEN. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;422:161-170 pubmed..Our study demonstrated that miR-141-3p contributed to an acquired chemo-resistance through PTEN modulation both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Tejero R, Navarro A, Campayo M, ViÃ±olas N, Marrades R, Cordeiro A, et al. miR-141 and miR-200c as markers of overall survival in early stage non-small cell lung cancer adenocarcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101899 pubmed publisher..02) and was associated with higher blood microvessel density in patient tumor samples (p<0.001). High miR-141 and miR-200c expression are associated with shorter OS in NSCLC patients with adenocarcinoma through MET and angiogenesis. ..
- Zhang G, Zhang W, Li B, Stringer Reasor E, Chu C, SUN L, et al. MicroRNA-200c and microRNA- 141 are regulated by a FOXP3-KAT2B axis and associated with tumor metastasis in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2017;19:73 pubmed publisher..miR-200c and miR-141 are regulated by a FOXP3-KAT2B axis in breast cancer cells, and circulating levels of miR-200c and miR-141 are potential biomarkers for early detection of breast cancer metastases. ..
- Morales Prieto D, Schleussner E, Markert U. Reduction in miR-141 is induced by leukemia inhibitory factor and inhibits proliferation in choriocarcinoma cell line JEG-3. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2011;66 Suppl 1:57-62 pubmed publisher..The influence of LIF on miRNA expression in trophoblastic cells has not yet been analyzed and was focus of this investigation...
- Li J, Li J, Wang H, Li X, Wen B, Wang Y. MiR-141-3p promotes prostate cancer cell proliferation through inhibiting kruppel-like factor-9 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:1381-1386 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-141-3p/KLF9 may play an important role in regulating the growth of prostate cancer and is a potential target of prevention and therapy. ..
- Chen J, Chen F, Zhang T, Liu N. Suppression of SIK1 by miR-141 in human ovarian cancer cell lines and tissues. Int J Mol Med. 2016;37:1601-10 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the molecular mechanism of ovarian cancer not only enables us to further understand the pathogenesis and progression of the disease, but also provides new targets for effective therapies. ..
- Fabris L, Ceder Y, Chinnaiyan A, Jenster G, Sorensen K, Tomlins S, et al. The Potential of MicroRNAs as Prostate Cancer Biomarkers. Eur Urol. 2016;70:312-22 pubmed publisher..The literature shows that microRNAs hold potential as novel biomarkers that could aid prostate cancer management, but additional studies with larger patient cohorts and common guidelines are necessary before clinical implementation. ..
- Wang C, Ouyang Y, Lu M, Wei J, Zhang H. [miR-141-3p regulates the expression of androgen receptor by targeting its 3'UTR in prostate cancer LNCaP cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;31:736-9 pubmed..Compared with control group, miR-141-3p transfection significantly inhibited the activity of luciferase of pmiR-AR-3'UTR. AR is a direct target gene of miR-141-3p. ..
- Zuo Q, Zhang R, Li B, Zhao Y, Zhuang Y, Yu T, et al. MicroRNA-141 inhibits tumor growth and metastasis in gastric cancer by directly targeting transcriptional co-activator with PDZ-binding motif, TAZ. Cell Death Dis. 2015;6:e1623 pubmed publisher..These findings implied that miR-141 might be employed as novel prognostic markers and therapeutic targets of GC. ..
- Al Khalaf H, Mohideen P, Nallar S, Kalvakolanu D, Aboussekhra A. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p16INK4a physically interacts with transcription factor Sp1 and cyclin-dependent kinase 4 to transactivate microRNA-141 and microRNA-146b-5p spontaneously and in response to ultraviolet light-induced DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35511-25 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that p16(INK4a) associates with CDK4 not only to inhibit the cell cycle but also to enable the transcription of two important onco-microRNAs, which act as downstream effectors. ..
- Bian E, Ma C, He X, Wang C, Zong G, Wang H, et al. Epigenetic modification of miR-141 regulates SKA2 by an endogenous 'sponge' HOTAIR in glioma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:30610-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that epigenetic modification of miR-141 and the interaction of ceRNA regulatory network will provide a new approach for therapeutics against glioma. ..
- Svetoni F, De Paola E, La Rosa P, Mercatelli N, Caporossi D, Sette C, et al. Post-transcriptional regulation of FUS and EWS protein expression by miR-141 during neural differentiation. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2732-2746 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies uncover a novel link between post-transcriptional regulation of FET proteins expression and neurogenesis. ..
- Li T, Lu H, Mukherjee D, Lahiri S, Shen C, Yu L, et al. Identification of epidermal growth factor receptor and its inhibitory microRNA141 as novel targets of KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 8 in breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:21428-42 pubmed..We also revealed that KLF8 directly represses the promoter of miR141 and miR141 targets the 3'-untranslational region of EGFR transcript to inhibit EGFR translation...
- Lv M, Xu Y, Tang R, Ren J, Shen S, Chen Y, et al. miR141-CXCL1-CXCR2 signaling-induced Treg recruitment regulates metastases and survival of non-small cell lung cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014;13:3152-62 pubmed publisher..001). Increased level of CXCL1 in MPE was associated with recruitment of Tregs (P < 0.01). Moreover, miR141 regulated expression of CXCL1 in lung cancer cells, whereas the luciferase test confirmed that CXCL1 is a target ..
- Cheng L, Li K, Yi N, Li X, Wang F, Xue B, et al. miRNA-141 attenuates UV-induced oxidative stress via activating Keap1-Nrf2 signaling in human retinal pigment epithelium cells and retinal ganglion cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:13186-13194 pubmed publisher..Significantly, Nrf2 shRNA knockdown almost abolished miR-141-mediated cytoprotection against UV in RPEs. These results demonstrate that miR-141 targets Keap1 to activate Nrf2 signaling, which protects RPEs and RGCs from UV radiation. ..
- Li H, Ge Q, Guo L, Lu Z. Maternal plasma miRNAs expression in preeclamptic pregnancies. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:970265 pubmed publisher..05). Results showed that there were differentially expressed maternal plasma miRNAs in patients with preeclampsia. These plasma miRNAs might be used as notable biomarkers for diagnosis of preeclampsia. ..
- Kiriakidou M, Nelson P, Kouranov A, Fitziev P, Bouyioukos C, Mourelatos Z, et al. A combined computational-experimental approach predicts human microRNA targets. Genes Dev. 2004;18:1165-78 pubmed..We describe a computational program, "DIANA-microT", that identifies mRNA targets for animal miRNAs and predicts mRNA targets, bearing single MREs, for human and mouse miRNAs. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen B, Ming L, Qin H, Zheng L, Yue Z, et al. MicroRNA-141 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation through targeting PAPP-A. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14401-8 pubmed..Overexpression of PAPPA impaired the miR-141-induced inhibition of proliferation in the VSMCs. Taken together; miR-141 may play important roles in ox-LDL-induced abnormal proliferation of the VSMC. ..
- Qiu W, Kassem M. miR-141-3p inhibits human stromal (mesenchymal) stem cell proliferation and differentiation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:2114-21 pubmed publisher..In summary, miR-141-3p acts as a negative regulator of hMSC proliferation and osteoblast differentiation. Targeting miR-141-3p could be used as an anabolic therapy of low bone mass diseases, e.g. osteoporosis. ..
- Kachakova D, Mitkova A, Popov E, Popov I, Vlahova A, Dikov T, et al. Combinations of serum prostate-specific antigen and plasma expression levels of let-7c, miR-30c, miR-141, and miR-375 as potential better diagnostic biomarkers for prostate cancer. DNA Cell Biol. 2015;34:189-200 pubmed publisher..612, 0.576, and 0.458. In conclusion, the combination of the studied circulating plasma miRNAs and serum PSA has the potential to be used as a noninvasive diagnostic biomarker for PC screening outperforming the PSA testing alone. ..
- Dong H, Wang C, Lu S, Yu C, Huang L, Feng W, et al. A panel of four decreased serum microRNAs as a novel biomarker for early Parkinson's disease. Biomarkers. 2016;21:129-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the 4-miRNA panel enabled the differentiation of HY stage 1 and 2 PD patients from controls. The four serum miRNAs may represent novel biomarkers for the early detection of PD. ..
- Dong Y, Si J, Li W, Liang L, Zhao J, Zhou M, et al. miR-200a/miR-141 and miR-205 upregulation might be associated with hormone receptor status and prognosis in endometrial carcinomas. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:2864-75 pubmed..However, they might behave differently in ECs versus NECs. miR-200a/miR-141 and miR-205 might be associated with hormone receptor status in endometrial cancer and may possess prognostic impacts. ..
- Lynch S, O Neill K, McKenna M, Walsh C, McKenna D. Regulation of miR-200c and miR-141 by Methylation in Prostate Cancer. Prostate. 2016;76:1146-59 pubmed publisher..Prostate 76:1146-1159, 2016. Â© 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Xue J, Niu Y, Huang J, Peng G, Wang L, Yang Y, et al. miR-141 suppresses the growth and metastasis of HCC cells by targeting E2F3. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:12103-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, restoration of E2F3 significantly reversed the tumor suppressive effects of miR-141. Our results suggest a critical role of miR-141 in suppressing metastasis of HCC cells by targeting E2F3. ..
- Liu R, Li J, Gong J, Kuang F, Liu J, Zhang Y, et al. MicroRNA-141 regulates the expression level of ICAM-1 on endothelium to decrease myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015;309:H1303-13 pubmed publisher..Thus miR-141 may constitute a new therapeutic target in the setting of ischemic heart disease. ..
- Tanaka S, Hosokawa M, Ueda K, Iwakawa S. Effects of Decitabine on Invasion and Exosomal Expression of miR-200c and miR-141 in Oxaliplatin-Resistant Colorectal Cancer Cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2015;38:1272-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the observed increased exosomal expression of miR-200c and miR-141 may be an indicator or biomarker candidate for mesenchymal-epithelial transition of CRC cells. ..
- Dini Modigliani S, Morlando M, Errichelli L, Sabatelli M, Bozzoni I. An ALS-associated mutation in the FUS 3'-UTR disrupts a microRNA-FUS regulatory circuitry. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4335 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a possible correlation between deregulation of this regulatory circuit and ALS pathogenesis, and open interesting perspectives in the treatment of these mutations through ad hoc-modified microRNAs. ..
- Lin L, Liang H, Wang Y, Yin X, Hu Y, Huang J, et al. microRNA-141 inhibits cell proliferation and invasion and promotes apoptosis by targeting hepatocyte nuclear factor-3Î² in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:879 pubmed publisher..miR-141 functions as a tumor suppressor in HCC cells through the inhibition of HNF-3Î² translation. ..
- Capobianco V, Nardelli C, Ferrigno M, Iaffaldano L, Pilone V, Forestieri P, et al. miRNA and protein expression profiles of visceral adipose tissue reveal miR-141/YWHAG and miR-520e/RAB11A as two potential miRNA/protein target pairs associated with severe obesity. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3358-69 pubmed publisher..Both RAB11A and YWHAG proteins are involved in glucose homeostasis; YWHAG is also involved in lipid metabolism. Hence, the identified miRNA/protein target pairs are potential players in the obese phenotype. ..
- Imanaka Y, Tsuchiya S, Sato F, Shimada Y, Shimizu K, Tsujimoto G. MicroRNA-141 confers resistance to cisplatin-induced apoptosis by targeting YAP1 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Hum Genet. 2011;56:270-6 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights an important regulatory role for miR-141 in the development of cisplatin resistance in ESCC. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao R, Wang H, Luo Y, Wang X, Niu W, et al. miR-141 is involved in BRD7-mediated cell proliferation and tumor formation through suppression of the PTEN/AKT pathway in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2156 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the BRD7/miR-141/PTEN/AKT axis has critical roles in the progression of NPC and provide some promising targets for the diagnosis and treatment of NPC. ..