Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR135B
Description: microRNA 135b
- Hua K, Jin J, Zhao J, Song J, Song H, Li D, et al. miR-135b, upregulated in breast cancer, promotes cell growth and disrupts the cell cycle by regulating LATS2. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1997-2006 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of endogenous LATS2 can mimic the result of miR-135b up-regulation in breast cancer. Taken together, our findings reveal that the miR-135b and LATS2 axis may be a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer in the future. ..
- Aakula A, Leivonen S, Hintsanen P, Aittokallio T, Ceder Y, BÃ¸rresen Dale A, et al. MicroRNA-135b regulates ERÎ±, AR and HIF1AN and affects breast and prostate cancer cell growth. Mol Oncol. 2015;9:1287-300 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that miR-135b regulates ERÎ±, AR and HIF1AN protein levels through interaction with their 3'UTR regions, and proliferation in ERÎ±-positive BCa and AR-positive PCa cells. ..
- Yu Y, Zhang J, Zhang B. MicroRNA-135b exerts oncogenic activity in glioblastoma via the inhibition of glycerol kinase 5 expression. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:2721-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, it was demonstrated that miR-135b promoted the proliferation of U87MG cells. Therefore, miR-135b may function as an oncogene by inhibiting GK5 in glioblastoma. ..
- Li J, Liang H, Bai M, Ning T, Wang C, Fan Q, et al. miR-135b Promotes Cancer Progression by Targeting Transforming Growth Factor Beta Receptor II (TGFBR2) in Colorectal Cancer. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0130194 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings provide the first evidence supporting the role of miR-135b as an oncogene in CRC via the inhibition of TGFBR2 translation. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang Y, Guo Y, Liao Z, Xu R, Ruan Z. [miR-135b promotes the invasion and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;31:1316-21 pubmed..were detected by Transwell(TM) assay in hepatocellular carcinoma cells with over-expressed or down-regulated miR135b. The hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth and tumor formation abilities in vivo were examined by xenograft model...
- Jung H, Seo Y, Yang Y, Koo J, An J, Lee S, et al. G?12gep oncogene inhibits FOXO1 in hepatocellular carcinoma as a consequence of miR-135b and miR-194 dysregulation. Cell Signal. 2014;26:1456-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, G?12gep oncogene inhibits FOXO1, which may result from the inhibition of FOXO1 de novo synthesis by miR-135b in conjunction with MDM2-mediated destabilization of FOXO1. ..
- Hao M, Zang M, Zhao L, Deng S, Xu Y, Qi F, et al. Serum high expression of miR-214 and miR-135b as novel predictor for myeloma bone disease development and prognosis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:19589-600 pubmed publisher..The result of this study also set the foundation for searching more circulating miRNA as biomarker for tumor bone lesions. ..
- Su W, Mo Y, Wu F, Guo K, Li J, Luo Y, et al. miR-135b reverses chemoresistance of non-small cell lung cancer cells by downregulation of FZD1. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:123-129 pubmed publisher..FZD1 was further identified as the functional downstream target of miR-135b by directly targeting the 3'-UTR of FZD1. The amplification of miR-135b suppressed NSCLC chemoresistance by directly mediating the FZD1 downregulation. ..
- Lulli V, Buccarelli M, Martini M, Signore M, Biffoni M, Giannetti S, et al. miR-135b suppresses tumorigenesis in glioblastoma stem-like cells impairing proliferation, migration and self-renewal. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37241-56 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a critical role of miR-135b in the regulation of GBM development, suggesting that miR-135b might act as a tumor-suppressor factor and thus providing a potential candidate for the treatment of GBM patients. ..
- Fetahu I, Tennakoon S, Lines K, GrÃ¶schel C, Aggarwal A, Mesteri I, et al. miR-135b- and miR-146b-dependent silencing of calcium-sensing receptor expression in colorectal tumors. Int J Cancer. 2016;138:137-45 pubmed publisher..This provides a new approach for finding means to prevent CaSR loss, developing better treatment strategies for CRC. ..
- Li Z, Zhu Y, Zhou X, Zhuo B, Wang X. microRNA-135b expression silences Ppm1e to provoke AMPK activation and inhibit osteoblastoma cell proliferation. Oncotarget. 2017;8:26424-26433 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that miR-135b-induced Ppm1e silence induces AMPK activation to inhibit osteoblastoma cell proliferation. ..
- Shen S, Huang K, Wu Y, Ma Y, Wang J, Qin F, et al. A miR-135b-TAZ positive feedback loop promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and tumorigenesis in osteosarcoma. Cancer Lett. 2017;407:32-44 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that TAZ and miR-135b engage in a positive feedback loop to regulate EMT and metastasis in OS, and suggest that both factors can be therapeutic targets for OS treatment. ..
- Jia L, Luo S, Ren X, Li Y, Hu J, Liu B, et al. miR-182 and miR-135b Mediate the Tumorigenesis and Invasiveness of Colorectal Cancer Cells via Targeting ST6GALNAC2 and PI3K/AKT Pathway. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:3447-3459 pubmed publisher..The miR-182/-135b/ST6GALNAC2/PI3K/AKT axis may serve as a predictive biomarker and a potential therapeutic target in CRC treatment. ..
- Liu Z, Zhang G, Li J, Liu J, Lv P. The tumor-suppressive microRNA-135b targets c-myc in osteoscarcoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102621 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-135b may play a role in the pathogenesis of osteosarcoma. ..
- He Y, Sheng J, Ling X, Fu L, Jin P, Yen L, et al. Estradiol regulates miR-135b and mismatch repair gene expressions via estrogen receptor-? in colorectal cells. Exp Mol Med. 2012;44:723-32 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the effects of estrogen on MMR function may be related to regulating miRNA expression via ER-?, which may be the basis for the anti-cancer effect in colorectal cells. ..
- Li Y, Xu D, Bao C, Zhang Y, Chen D, Zhao F, et al. MicroRNA-135b, a HSF1 target, promotes tumor invasion and metastasis by regulating RECK and EVI5 in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2421-33 pubmed..The newly identified HSF1/miR-135b/RECK&EVI5 axis provides novel insight into the mechanisms of HCC metastasis, which may facilitate the development of new therapeutics against HCC. ..
- Liu B, Liu Y, Zhao L, Pan Y, Shan Y, Li Y, et al. Upregulation of microRNA-135b and microRNA-182 promotes chemoresistance of colorectal cancer by targeting ST6GALNAC2 via PI3K/AKT pathway. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2669-2680 pubmed publisher..Taken together, miR-135b and miR-182 may reverse the resistance to 5-FU in CRC cells by targeting ST6GALNAC2 via PI3K/AKT pathway, which render potential chemotherapy targets for the treatment of CRC. ..
- Tong D, Jin Y, Xue T, Ma X, Zhang J, Ou X, et al. Investigation of the Application of miR10b and miR135b in the Identification of Semen Stains. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137067 pubmed publisherTo evaluate the identification method using the microRNA markers miR10b and miR135b to distinguish semen stains from menstrual blood, peripheral blood, vaginal fluid and so on body fluid stains...
- Li P, Fan J, Gao Y, Zhang M, Zhang L, Yang N, et al. miR-135b-5p inhibits LPS-induced TNFÎ± production via silencing AMPK phosphatase Ppm1e. Oncotarget. 2016;7:77978-77986 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-135b-5p expression downregulates Ppm1e to activate AMPK signaling, which inhibits LPS-induced TNFÎ± production via suppressing ROS production and NFÎºB activation. ..
- Wu C, Ng S, Dong Y, Tian L, Ng S, Leung W, et al. Identification of microRNA-135b in stool as a potential noninvasive biomarker for colorectal cancer and adenoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:2994-3002 pubmed publisher..0001). Stool-based miR-135b can be used as a noninvasive biomarker for the detection of CRC and advanced adenoma. Clin Cancer Res; 20(11); 2994-3002. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Nezu Y, Hagiwara K, Yamamoto Y, Fujiwara T, Matsuo K, Yoshida A, et al. miR-135b, a key regulator of malignancy, is linked to poor prognosis in human myxoid liposarcoma. Oncogene. 2016;35:6177-6188 pubmed publisher..This work provides noteworthy evidence for overcoming metastasis and improving patient outcomes, and sheds light on miR-135b and THBS2 as novel molecular targets for diagnosis and therapy in MLS. ..
- Bhinge A, Poschmann J, Namboori S, Tian X, Jia Hui Loh S, Traczyk A, et al. MiR-135b is a direct PAX6 target and specifies human neuroectoderm by inhibiting TGF-?/BMP signaling. EMBO J. 2014;33:1271-83 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a novel TF-miRNA module that is activated during human neuroectoderm development and promotes the irreversible fate specification of human pluripotent cells toward the neural lineage. ..
- Cheng M, Yang L, Yang R, Yang X, Deng J, Yu B, et al. A microRNA-135a/b binding polymorphism in CD133 confers decreased risk and favorable prognosis of lung cancer in Chinese by reducing CD133 expression. Carcinogenesis. 2013;34:2292-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the functional polymorphism rs2240688A>C in CD133 is associated with lung cancer risk and survival. This SNP may be a functional biomarker to predict risk and prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- Rossi M, Kilpinen H, Muona M, Surakka I, Ingle C, Lahtinen J, et al. Allele-specific regulation of DISC1 expression by miR-135b-5p. Eur J Hum Genet. 2014;22:840-3 pubmed publisher..Thus, the G allele may be functionally related to the DISC1-associated phenotypes by abolishing regulation by miR-135b-5p, leading to elevated DISC1 levels. ..
- Valeri N, Braconi C, Gasparini P, Murgia C, Lampis A, Paulus Hock V, et al. MicroRNA-135b promotes cancer progression by acting as a downstream effector of oncogenic pathways in colon cancer. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:469-83 pubmed publisher..We identify miR-135b as a key downsteam effector of oncogenic pathways and a potential target for CRC treatment. ..
- Tang J, Yu Z, Liu T, Lin Z, Wang Y, Yang L, et al. Five miRNAs as novel diagnostic biomarker candidates for primary nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:7575-81 pubmed..Ultimately, miR-135b-5p and miR-205-5p may be implicated as novel NPC candidate biomarkers, while miR- 93-5p, miR-650 and miR-183-5p may find application as relevant clinical pathology and diagnostic candidate biomarkers. ..
- Umezu T, Tadokoro H, Azuma K, Yoshizawa S, Ohyashiki K, Ohyashiki J. Exosomal miR-135b shed from hypoxic multiple myeloma cells enhances angiogenesis by targeting factor-inhibiting HIF-1. Blood. 2014;124:3748-57 pubmed publisher..Although tumor angiogenesis is regulated by various factors, exosomal miR-135b may be a target for controlling MM angiogenesis. ..
- Yang X, Wang X, Nie F, Liu T, Yu X, Wang H, et al. miR-135 family members mediate podocyte injury through the activation of Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:669-77 pubmed publisher..This is an important finding as it may contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for podocyte injury-associated glomerulopathies. ..
- Olasz E, Seline L, Schock A, Duncan N, Lopez A, Lazar J, et al. MicroRNA-135b Regulates Leucine Zipper Tumor Suppressor 1 in Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125412 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-135b functions as an oncogene in cSCC and provide new understanding into its pathological role in cSCC progression and invasiveness. ..
- Tamaru S, Mizuno Y, Tochigi H, Kajihara T, Okazaki Y, Okagaki R, et al. MicroRNA-135b suppresses extravillous trophoblast-derived HTR-8/SVneo cell invasion by directly down regulating CXCL12 underÂ low oxygen conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;461:421-6 pubmed publisher..Reporter assays showed that the 3'UTR sequence of CXCL12 was directly targeted by miR-135b. Our results suggest that miR-135b and CXCL12 play important roles in modulating the EVT invasion under low oxygen conditions. ..
- Xu Y, Zhao S, Cui M, Wang Q. Down-regulation of microRNA-135b inhibited growth of cervical cancer cells by targeting FOXO1. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10294-304 pubmed..In conclusion, down-regulation of miR-135b inhibited cell growth in cervical cancer cells by up-regulation of FOXO1. ..
- Wu W, Wang Z, Yang P, Yang J, Liang J, Chen Y, et al. MicroRNA-135b regulates metastasis suppressor 1 expression and promotes migration and invasion in colorectal cancer. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;388:249-59 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that miR-135b downregulated MTSS1 expression and contributed to CRC cell invasion, indicating its involvement in CRC progression. ..
- Xiao S, Yang Z, Lv R, Zhao J, Wu M, Liao Y, et al. miR-135b contributes to the radioresistance by targeting GSK3Î² in human glioblastoma multiforme cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e108810 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest miR-135b is involved in the radioresistance of human GBM cells and miR-135b-GSK3Î² axis may be a novel candidate for developing rational therapeutic strategies for human GBM treatment. ..
- Pei H, Jin Z, Chen S, Sun X, Yu J, Guo W. MiR-135b promotes proliferation and invasion of osteosarcoma cells via targeting FOXO1. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;400:245-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data provide compelling evidence that miR-135b functions as an onco-miRNA in OS to promote OS cells proliferation and invasion, and its oncogenic effects are mediated chiefly through targeting FOXO1. ..