Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR133B
Description: microRNA 133b
Alias: MIRN133B, miRNA133B, mir-133b
- Tao J, Wu D, Xu B, Qian W, Li P, Lu Q, et al. microRNA-133 inhibits cell proliferation, migration and invasion in prostate cancer cells by targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1967-75 pubmed publisher..These results may add to our knowledge on the molecular basis of prostate cancer progression. ..
- Crawford M, Batte K, Yu L, Wu X, Nuovo G, Marsh C, et al. MicroRNA 133B targets pro-survival molecules MCL-1 and BCL2L2 in lung cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:483-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this represents the first observation of decreased expression of miR-133B in lung cancer and that it functionally targets members of the BCL-2 family. ..
- Duan F, Qian F, Fang K, Lin K, Wang W, Chen Y. miR-133b, a muscle-specific microRNA, is a novel prognostic marker that participates in the progression of human colorectal cancer via regulation of CXCR4 expression. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:164 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that downregulated miR-133b contributed to increased cell invasion and migration in CRC by negatively regulating CXCR4. These findings may be significant for the development of therapy target for CRC. ..
- Yamamoto H, Kohashi K, Fujita A, Oda Y. Fascin-1 overexpression and miR-133b downregulation in the progression of gastrointestinal stromal tumor. Mod Pathol. 2013;26:563-71 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that downregulation of miR-133b and overexpression of fascin-1 may have an important role in the progression of GIST, and that fascin-1 may be a useful biomarker to predict the aggressive behavior. ..
- Qin W, Dong P, Ma C, Mitchelson K, Deng T, Zhang L, et al. MicroRNA-133b is a key promoter of cervical carcinoma development through the activation of the ERK and AKT1 pathways. Oncogene. 2012;31:4067-75 pubmed publisher..The data indicates that upregulation of miR-133b shortens the latency of cervical carcinoma. Together, these findings suggest that miR-133b could be a potent marker for the early onset of cervical carcinoma. ..
- Hu G, Chen D, Li X, Yang K, Wang H, Wu W. miR-133b regulates the MET proto-oncogene and inhibits the growth of colorectal cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Biol Ther. 2010;10:190-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results provide evidence that miR-133b regulated tumor cell proliferation and apoptosis through modulation of the MET signaling pathway. ..
- Guo Y, Li X, Lin C, Zhang Y, Hu G, Zhou J, et al. MicroRNAâ€‘133b inhibits connective tissue growth factor in colorectal cancer and correlates with the clinical stage of the disease. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:2805-12 pubmed publisher..015) and lymph node metastasis (P=0.034). CTGF expression was negatively regulated by miRâ€‘133b in the human colorectum, suggesting that miRâ€‘133b and CTGF may be candidate therapeutic targets in colorectal cancer. ..
- Eissa S, Matboli M, Bekhet M. Clinical verification of a novel urinary microRNA panal: 133b, -342 and -30 as biomarkers for diabetic nephropathy identified by bioinformatics analysis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;83:92-99 pubmed publisher..We have identified novel urinary exosomal miRNA biomarkers of DN which were altered not only in micro and macroalbuminuric groups but also in some normoalbuminuria cases prior to albuminuria. ..
- Li Y, Hong Y, Yusufuaji Y, Tang B, Zhou X, Xu G, et al. Altered expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels and microRNA-1 and -133 in patients with age-associated atrial fibrillation. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3243-3248 pubmed publisher..These electrophysiological changes may contribute to the induction of ectopic premature beats that trigger atrial fibrillation. ..
- Ciccacci C, Rufini S, Politi C, Novelli G, Forte V, Borgiani P. Could MicroRNA polymorphisms influence warfarin dosing? A pharmacogenetics study on mir133 genes. Thromb Res. 2015;136:367-70 pubmed publisher..target of warfarin treatment, the aim of this study was to verify if genetic variations in MIR133A1, MIR133A2 and MIR133B could contribute to warfarin dose variability...
- Mi Y, He M, Liu B. [MiR-133b Affect the Proliferation and Drug Sensitivity in A549 Lung Cancer Stem Cells by Targeting PKM2]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2017;20:376-381 pubmed publisher..05?????miR-133b???????????????PKM2?????P<0.05??DDP??12 h?miR-133b mimics????????????????P<0.05??miR-133b mimics+DDP?PKM2?????????????miR-133b inhibitor??P<0.05???? ???miR-133b??????PKM2???????????????????????????DDP?????. ..
- Yang D, Zhao D, Chen X. MiR-133b inhibits proliferation and invasion of gastric cancer cells by up-regulating FBN1 expression. Cancer Biomark. 2017;19:425-436 pubmed publisher..MiR-133b inhibits the proliferative, migratory and invasive abilities of GC cells by increasing FBN1 expression. ..
- Hu T, Guo X, Wang G, Gao L, He P, Xia Y, et al. MiR133b is involved in endogenous hydrogen sulfide suppression of sFlt-1 production in human placenta. Placenta. 2017;52:33-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that H2S is an important regulatory factor in sFlt-1 production in placenta. Reduced H2S generation in placenta contributes to development of preeclampsia by enhancing sFlt-1 production. ..
- Li X, Wan X, Chen H, Yang S, Liu Y, Mo W, et al. Identification of miR-133b and RB1CC1 as independent predictors for biochemical recurrence and potential therapeutic targets for prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2014;20:2312-25 pubmed publisher..miR-133b and RB1CC1 were independent prognostic indicators for prostate cancer. ..
- Soufi Zomorrod M, Hajifathali A, Kouhkan F, Mehdizadeh M, Rad S, Soleimani M. MicroRNAs modulating angiogenesis: miR-129-1 and miR-133 act as angio-miR in HUVECs. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:9527-34 pubmed publisher..These results have important therapeutic implications for a variety of diseases involving deregulation of angiogenesis, including cancer. ..
- Schlaudraff F, Gründemann J, Fauler M, Dragicevic E, Hardy J, Liss B. Orchestrated increase of dopamine and PARK mRNAs but not miR-133b in dopamine neurons in Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:2302-15 pubmed publisher..In contrast, microRNA miR-133b levels, previously implicated in transcriptional dysregulation in PD, were not altered in SN DA neurons in PD. ..
- GacoÅ„ J, KabÅ‚ak Ziembicka A, StÄ™pieÅ„ E, Enguita F, Karch I, Derlaga B, et al. Decision-making microRNAs (miR-124, -133a/b, -34a and -134) in patients with occluded target vessel in acute coronary syndrome. Kardiol Pol. 2016;74:280-8 pubmed publisher..725, p = 0.002). The degree of IRA occlusion determines circulating miRNA expression, and specific miRNAs may be useful in indicating patients requiring urgent coronary revascularisation. ..
- Peng L, Chun guang Q, Bei fang L, Xue Zhi D, Zi hao W, Yun fu L, et al. Clinical impact of circulating miR-133, miR-1291 and miR-663b in plasma of patients with acute myocardial infarction. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:89 pubmed publisher..The virtual slide(s) for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/8183629061241474. ..
- Ji Q, Jiang Q, Yan W, Li X, Zhang Y, Meng P, et al. Expression of circulating microRNAs in patients with ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction. Minerva Cardioangiol. 2015;63:397-402 pubmed..05), and were also considerably increased in the early phase (the first 4 hours) (P<0.05). Serum miR-133a, miR-133b and miR-499-5p can be used as a biomarker for early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction (AMI). ..
- Zhen Y, Liu J, Huang Y, Wang Y, Li W, Wu J. miR-133b Inhibits Cell Growth, Migration, and Invasion by Targeting MMP9 in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Oncol Res. 2017;25:1109-1116 pubmed publisher..In clinical specimens, reduced miR-133b was an unfavorable factor and negatively correlated with MMP9 expression. Our studies demonstrate that miR-133b inhibits cell growth, migration, and invasion by targeting MMP9 in NSCLC. ..
- Dai J, Wu H, Zhang Y, Gao K, Hu G, Guo Y, et al. Negative feedback between TAp63 and Mir-133b mediates colorectal cancer suppression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:87147-87160 pubmed publisher..miR-133b may represent a tiemolecule between TAp63 and RhoA, forming a TAp63/miR-133b/RhoA negative feedback loop, which could significantly inhibit proliferation, apoptosis and metastasis. ..
- Mitchelson K, Qin W. Roles of the canonical myomiRs miR-1, -133 and -206 in cell development and disease. World J Biol Chem. 2015;6:162-208 pubmed publisher..This review examines the involvement of the related myomiRs at the crossroads between cell development/tissue regeneration/tissue inflammation responses, and cancer development. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang X, Zhang Y, Hu Z, Yang D, Wang C, et al. Identification of miRNomes in human stomach and gastric carcinoma reveals miR-133b/a-3p as therapeutic target for gastric cancer. Cancer Lett. 2015;369:58-66 pubmed publisher..Revealing novel mechanism for oncogene inhibition by miRNA-mediated pathways offers new avenues for GC treatment. ..
- Chen G, Peng J, Zhu W, Tao G, Song Y, Zhou X, et al. Combined downregulation of microRNA-133a and microRNA-133b predicts chemosensitivity of patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma undergoing paclitaxel-based chemotherapy. Med Oncol. 2014;31:263 pubmed publisher..We also identified combined expression of miR-133a and miR-133b as an effective prognostic marker of this malignancy. ..
- Koutsoulidou A, Mastroyiannopoulos N, Furling D, Uney J, Phylactou L. Expression of miR-1, miR-133a, miR-133b and miR-206 increases during development of human skeletal muscle. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:34 pubmed publisher..These results may shed light on the differentiation of muscle cells and regulation of muscle formation through miRNAs, during the development of human foetus. ..
- Zhao Y, Li C, Wang M, Su L, Qu Y, Li J, et al. Decrease of miR-202-3p expression, a novel tumor suppressor, in gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69756 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that miR-202-3p may function as a novel tumor suppressor in gastric cancer and its anti-tumor activity may attribute the direct targeting and inhibition of Gli1. ..
- Bostjancic E, Jerse M, Glavac D, Zidar N. miR-1, miR-133a/b, and miR-208a in human fetal hearts correlate to the apoptotic and proliferation markers. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2015;240:211-9 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest the involvement of miR-208a and miR-1 in the proliferation as well as anti-proliferative and anti-apoptotic roles of miR-133a/b. ..
- Patron J, Fendler A, Bild M, Jung U, Müller H, Arntzen M, et al. MiR-133b targets antiapoptotic genes and enhances death receptor-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35345 pubmed publisher..These data reveal the ability of a single miR to influence major apoptosis pathways, suggesting an essential role for this molecule during cellular transformation, tumorigenesis and tissue homeostasis. ..
- Taniguchi K, Sakai M, Sugito N, Kumazaki M, Shinohara H, Yamada N, et al. PTBP1-associated microRNA-1 and -133b suppress the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18940-52 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that PTBP1 and PTBP1-associated miR-1 and -133b are crucial molecules for the maintenance of the Warburg effect in colorectal tumors. ..
- Wu D, Pan H, Zhou Y, Zhou J, Fan Y, Qu P. microRNA-133b downregulation and inhibition of cell proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting matrix metallopeptidase-9 in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:2491-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that miRNA-133b may be used for the development of novel molecular markers and therapeutic approaches to inhibit the metastasis of RCC. ..
- Liu H, Song X, Hou J, Zhao Z, Chang J. Posttranscriptional Regulation of Human Antigen R by miR-133b Enhances Docetaxel Cytotoxicity Through the Inhibition of ATP-Binding Cassette Subfamily G Member 2 in Prostate Cancer Cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2018;37:210-219 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, posttranscriptional regulation of HuR by miR-133b enhances DTX cytotoxicity through inhibition of ABCG2, revealing a novel miR-133b/HuR/ABCG2 regulatory pathway to overcome chemoresistance in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Zhou Y, Wu D, Tao J, Qu P, Zhou Z, Hou J. MicroRNA-133 inhibits cell proliferation, migration and invasion by targeting epidermal growth factor receptor and its downstream effector proteins in bladder cancer. Scand J Urol. 2013;47:423-32 pubmed publisher..This study provided the first glimpse of the functional role of miR-133 in bladder cancer T24 and EJ cells. The results may increase our knowledge on the molecular basis of progression and provide potential therapy for bladder cancer. ..
- Cortez Dias N, Costa M, Carrilho Ferreira P, Silva D, Jorge C, Calisto C, et al. Circulating miR-122-5p/miR-133b Ratio Is a Specific Early Prognostic Biomarker in Acute Myocardial Infarction. Circ J. 2016;80:2183-91 pubmed publisher..Circ J 2016; 80: 2183-2191). ..
- Chen S, Jiao J, Sun K, Zong Z, Zhao Y. MicroRNA-133b targets glutathione S-transferase Ï€ expression to increase ovarian cancer cell sensitivity to chemotherapy drugs. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2015;9:5225-35 pubmed publisher..In future, the combination of miR-133b with chemotherapy agents may prevent the development of drug resistance in ovarian cancers. ..
- Yu H, Lu Y, Li Z, Wang Q. microRNA-133: expression, function and therapeutic potential in muscle diseases and cancer. Curr Drug Targets. 2014;15:817-28 pubmed..It might provide researchers a new insight into the biological significance of miR-133. ..
- Bostjancic E, Zidar N, Glavac D. MicroRNA microarray expression profiling in human myocardial infarction. Dis Markers. 2009;27:255-68 pubmed publisher..Finally, qRT-PCR analysis confirmed dysregulation of 7 miRNAs, miR-150, miR-186, miR-210, miR-451, and muscle-specific, miR-1 and miR-133a/b; all of these are believed to be involved in various physiological and pathological processes. ..
- Liu X, Li G. MicroRNA-133b inhibits proliferation and invasion of ovarian cancer cells through Akt and Erk1/2 inactivation by targeting epidermal growth factor receptor. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10605-14 pubmed..Altogether, our results indicated that miR-133b overexpression was shown to inhibit proliferation and invasion of OC cells through suppression of the MAPK and PI3K/Akt signaling pathways by targeting EGFR. ..
- Xiang K, Li X. MiR-133b acts as a tumor suppressor and negatively regulates TBPL1 in colorectal cancer cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:3767-72 pubmed..Finally, a siRNA for TBPL1 transfection obviously slowed down the cell proliferation in both SW-620 and HT-29 cells. MiR-133b might act as a tumor suppressor and negatively regulate TBPL1 in CRC. ..
- Wang T, Huang Y, Ma P. Correlations of common polymorphism of EVI-1 gene targeted by miRNA-206/133b with the pathogenesis of breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:9255-62 pubmed publisher..274, P?<?0.05). Our findings provide evidence that the EVI-1 rs6774494 G > A polymorphism targeted by miRNA-206/133b may contribute to the pathogenesis of BC. ..
- Bostjancic E, Zidar N, Stajer D, Glavac D. MicroRNAs miR-1, miR-133a, miR-133b and miR-208 are dysregulated in human myocardial infarction. Cardiology. 2010;115:163-9 pubmed publisher..Some patterns of miRNA expression were similar in MI and fetal hearts, supporting the concept of cardiac gene reprogramming in the remodeling of the heart. ..
- Zhou W, Bi X, Gao G, Sun L. miRNA-133b and miRNA-135a induce apoptosis via the JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway in human renal carcinoma cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:722-729 pubmed publisher..Therefore, over-expression of these miRNAs seems to functionally counteract oncogenic signalling pathways in ccRCCs. ..
- Sugiyama T, Taniguchi K, Matsuhashi N, Tajirika T, Futamura M, Takai T, et al. MiR-133b inhibits growth of human gastric cancer cells by silencing pyruvate kinase muscle-splicer polypyrimidine tract-binding protein 1. Cancer Sci. 2016;107:1767-1775 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that miR-133b acted as a tumor-suppressor through negative regulation of the Warburg effect in gastric cancer cells. ..
- Gjymishka A, Pi L, Oh S, Jorgensen M, Liu C, Protopapadakis Y, et al. miR-133b Regulation of Connective Tissue Growth Factor: A Novel Mechanism in Liver Pathology. Am J Pathol. 2016;186:1092-102 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that miR-133b regulation of CTGF is a novel mechanism critical forÂ the proliferation and migration of HCC cells and OC response. ..
- Kong C, Sun L, Zhang M, Ding L, Zhang Q, Cheng X, et al. miR-133b Reverses the Hydrosalpinx-induced Impairment of Embryo Attachment Through Down-regulation of SGK1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016;101:1478-89 pubmed publisher..miR-133b directly targets SGK1 to reverse the hydrosalpinx-induced down-regulation of HOXA10 and to attenuate the impairment of embryo attachment in vitro. ..
- Chen Y, Zhang Y, He J, Fu Y, Lin C, Li X. MicroRNA-133b is regulated by TAp63 while no gene mutation is present in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1646-1652 pubmed publisher..Therefore, downregulation of TAp63 may be one reason for the dysregulation of miR?133b in CRC. The expression analysis of TAp63 and miR-133b revealed that they may be used as valuable prognostic biomarkers for CRC. ..
- Bostjancic E, Hauptman N, Groselj A, Glavac D, Volavsek M. Expression, Mutation, and Amplification Status of EGFR and Its Correlation with Five miRNAs in Salivary Gland Tumours. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:9150402 pubmed publisher..Age and need for postoperative radiotherapy were characterized as significant in multivariate survival analysis. ..
- Wang X, Zeng J, Wang L, Zhang X, Liu Z, Zhang H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-133b is associated with the increased survival of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma after curative hepatectomy: Involvement of the EGFR/PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:141-150 pubmed publisher..The effects of miRNA-133b in HCC are mediated through the EGFR/PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway. ..
- Chen S, Wang T, Tian Y, Zheng Y. Down-regulation of microRNA-126 and microRNA-133b acts as novel predictor biomarkers in progression and metastasis of non small cell lung cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14983-8 pubmed..These findings suggested that miR-126 and miR-133b might play a key role in the progression and metastasis of NSCLC and would be applied as a novel therapeutic agent. ..
- Zhang C, Yao C, Li H, Wang G, He X. Serum levels of microRNA-133b and microRNA-206 expression predict prognosis in patients with osteosarcoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:4194-203 pubmed..More interestingly, detection of serum miR-133b and miR-206 expression could be further developed as novel, non-invasive and efficient markers for prognosis in patients with osteosarcomas. ..