Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR128-1
Description: microRNA 128-1
Alias: MIR128A, MIRN128-1, MIRN128A
- Xiong D, Sheng Y, Ding S, Chen J, Tan X, Zeng T, et al. LINC00052 regulates the expression of NTRK3 by miR-128 and miR-485-3p to strengthen HCC cells invasion and migration. Oncotarget. 2016;7:47593-47608 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a new mechanism for understanding hepatocarcinoma cells invasion and migration. ..
- Seca H, Lima R, Almeida G, Sobrinho Simoes M, Bergantim R, Guimarães J, et al. Effect of miR-128 in DNA damage of HL-60 acute myeloid leukemia cells. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2014;15:492-502 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first association of miR-128 with DNA damage in a leukemia context. ..
- Takahashi Y, Iwaya T, Sawada G, Kurashige J, Matsumura T, Uchi R, et al. Up-regulation of NEK2 by microRNA-128 methylation is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014;21:205-12 pubmed publisher..NEK2 may be an independent prognostic factor for CRC and was regulated by miR-128, a microRNA that was subjected to epigenetic regulation. Thus, this miR-128/NEK2 pathway may be a prospective therapeutic target for patients with CRC. ..
- Adlakha Y, Saini N. miR-128 exerts pro-apoptotic effect in a p53 transcription-dependent and -independent manner via PUMA-Bak axis. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e542 pubmed publisher..This study emphasizes that miR-128 is a novel mitochondria-targeted miRNA that can be further evaluated as a chemotherapeutic agent for human cancers as it induces apoptosis irrespective of p53 status. ..
- Eletto D, Russo G, Passiatore G, Del Valle L, Giordano A, Khalili K, et al. Inhibition of SNAP25 expression by HIV-1 Tat involves the activity of mir-128a. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:764-70 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data provide a novel mechanism by which HIV-Tat perturbs neuronal activity. ..
- De Luca L, Trino S, Laurenzana I, Tagliaferri D, Falco G, Grieco V, et al. Knockdown of miR-128a induces Lin28a expression and reverts myeloid differentiation blockage in acute myeloid leukemia. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2849 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings revealed a new mechanism for AML differentiation blockage, suggesting new strategies for AML therapy based upon miR-128a inhibition. ..
- Wang S, Wang J, Zhang Z, Miao H. Decreased miR-128 and increased miR-21 synergistically cause podocyte injury in sepsis. J Nephrol. 2017;30:543-550 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that decreased miR-128 and increased miR-21 synergistically cause podocyte injury and are the potential therapeutic targets in sepsis. ..
- Lu W, Wang J, Yang G, Yu N, Huang Z, Xu H, et al. Posttranscriptional regulation of Galectin-3 by miR-128 contributes to colorectal cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:15242-15251 pubmed publisher..Galectin-3 expression impaired the cancer suppressive effects of miR-128. These data highlighted the role of miR-128/Galectin-3 axis in colorectal cancer. ..
- Chen P, Cheng C, Shih C, Ho K, Lin C, Lee C, et al. The Inhibition of microRNA-128 on IGF-1-Activating mTOR Signaling Involves in Temozolomide-Induced Glioma Cell Apoptotic Death. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167096 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-128-inhibited mTOR signaling is involved in TMZ-mediated cytotoxicity. Our findings may provide a better understanding of cytotoxic mechanisms of TMZ involved in glioblastoma development. ..
- She X, Yu Z, Cui Y, Lei Q, Wang Z, Xu G, et al. miR-128 and miR-149 enhance the chemosensitivity of temozolomide by Rap1B-mediated cytoskeletal remodeling in glioblastoma. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:957-64 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-128 and miR-149 enhanced the chemosensitivity of glioblastoma cells to TMZ. ..
- Fu J, Rodova M, Nanta R, Meeker D, Van Veldhuizen P, Srivastava R, et al. NPV-LDE-225 (Erismodegib) inhibits epithelial mesenchymal transition and self-renewal of glioblastoma initiating cells by regulating miR-21, miR-128, and miR-200. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:691-706 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the importance of the SHH pathway for self-renewal and early metastasis of GICs. ..
- Wang G, Chai B, Yang L. MiR-128 and miR-125 regulate expression of coagulation Factor IX gene with nonsense mutation by repressing nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:331-337 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that PTC (premature termination codon) location is a key determination for triggering NMD; miR-128 and miR-125 could help to increase the nonsense-mutant F9 levels by repressing NMD. ..
- Wang Z, Pang L, Zhao H, Song L, Wang Y, Sun Q, et al. miR-128 regulates differentiation of hair follicle mesenchymal stem cells into smooth muscle cells by targeting SMAD2. Acta Histochem. 2016;118:393-400 pubmed publisher..The miR-128/SMAD2 axis could therefore be considered as a candidate target in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine for SMCs. ..
- Hamdorf M, Idica A, Zisoulis D, Gamelin L, Martin C, Sanders K, et al. miR-128 represses L1 retrotransposition by binding directly to L1 RNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:824-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified and characterized a new function of microRNAs: mediating genomic stability by suppressing the mobility of endogenous retrotransposons. ..
- Eterno V, Zambelli A, Villani L, Tuscano A, Manera S, Spitaleri A, et al. AurkA controls self-renewal of breast cancer-initiating cells promoting wnt3a stabilization through suppression of miR-128. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28436 pubmed publisher..In addition, it suggests a new therapeutic strategy taking advantage of miR-128 to suppress AurkA-Wnt3a signaling. ..
- Liu X, Liang Z, Gao K, Li H, Zhao G, Wang S, et al. MicroRNA-128 inhibits EMT of human osteosarcoma cells by directly targeting integrin Î±2. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:7951-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggested that high miR-128 expression suppressed osteosarcoma cell migration, invasion, and EMT development through targeting ITGA2, which may be recommended as a therapeutic target for osteosarcoma. ..
- Sun X, Yang Z, Zhang Y, He J, Wang F, Su P, et al. Prognostic implications of tissue and serum levels of microRNA-128 in human prostate cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:8394-401 pubmed..Particularly, serum miR-128 may be developed as a novel noninvasive biomarker for PCa diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- Dong Q, Cai N, Tao T, Zhang R, Yan W, Li R, et al. An axis involving SNAI1, microRNA-128 and SP1 modulates glioma progression. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e98651 pubmed publisher..We propose that the SNAI1/miR-128/SP1 axis, which plays a vital role in glioma progression, may come to be a clinically relevant therapeutic target. ..
- Shahab S, Matyunina L, Hill C, Wang L, Mezencev R, Walker L, et al. The effects of MicroRNA transfections on global patterns of gene expression in ovarian cancer cells are functionally coordinated. BMC Med Genomics. 2012;5:33 pubmed publisher..The functionally coordinated patterns of gene expression displayed by different families of miRNAs have the potential to provide clinicians with a strategy to treat cancers from a systems rather than a single gene perspective. ..
- Wagschal A, Najafi Shoushtari S, Wang L, Goedeke L, Sinha S, deLemos A, et al. Genome-wide identification of microRNAs regulating cholesterol and triglyceride homeostasis. Nat Med. 2015;21:1290-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings support the notion that altered expression of miRNAs may contribute to abnormal blood lipid levels, predisposing individuals to human cardiometabolic disorders. ..
- Li B, Chen H, Wu N, Zhang W, Shang L. Deregulation of miR-128 in ovarian cancer promotes cisplatin resistance. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2014;24:1381-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that miR-128 may act as a promising therapeutic target for improvement of tumor sensitivity to cisplatin. ..
- Yamada N, Noguchi S, Kumazaki M, Shinohara H, Miki K, Naoe T, et al. Epigenetic regulation of microRNA-128a expression contributes to the apoptosis-resistance of human T-cell leukaemia jurkat cells by modulating expression of fas-associated protein with death domain (FADD). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:590-602 pubmed..Our results indicate that the induction of miR-128a expression by DNA demethylation is a novel mechanism of resistance to Fas-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Shan Z, Tian R, Zhang M, Gui Z, Wu J, Ding M, et al. miR128-1 inhibits the growth of glioblastoma multiforme and glioma stem-like cells via targeting BMI1 and E2F3. Oncotarget. 2016;7:78813-78826 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that DNA methylation inhibitors are potential agents for GBM treatment by upregulating miR-128-1. ..
- Carrettiero D, Hernandez I, Neveu P, Papagiannakopoulos T, Kosik K. The cochaperone BAG2 sweeps paired helical filament- insoluble tau from the microtubule. J Neurosci. 2009;29:2151-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that ubiquitinated Tau inclusions arise due to shunting of Tau degradation toward a less efficient ubiquitin-dependent pathway. ..
- Nie Q, Lin Y, Yang X, Shen L, Guo L, Que S, et al. IDH1RÂ¹Â³Â²H decreases the proliferation of U87 glioma cells through upregulation of microRNA-128a. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6695-701 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the IDH1R132Hâ€‘HIFâ€‘1Î±â€‘miRâ€‘128aâ€‘Bmiâ€‘1 pathway is involved in glioma cell proliferation. ..
- Liu H, Xing A, Chen X, Ma R, Wang Y, Shi D, et al. MicroRNA-27b, microRNA-101 and microRNA-128 inhibit angiogenesis by down-regulating vascular endothelial growth factor C expression in gastric cancers. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37458-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-27b, miR-101 and miR-128 inhibit angiogenesis by down-regulating VEGF-C expression in gastric cancers. ..
- Ciccacci C, Morganti R, Di Fusco D, D Amato C, Cacciotti L, Greco C, et al. Common polymorphisms in MIR146a, MIR128a and MIR27a genes contribute to neuropathy susceptibility in type 2 diabetes. Acta Diabetol. 2014;51:663-71 pubmed publisher..The T allele of rs11888095 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in MIR128a was significantly associated with a higher risk (ORadj = 4.89, P adj = 0...
- Ding G, Chen M, Wang Y, Rui C, Xu W, Ding H, et al. MicroRNA-128a-induced apoptosis in HTR-8/SVneo trophoblast cells contributes to pre-eclampsia. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:63-70 pubmed publisher..miR-128a is an up-regulated miRNA in patient with PE. Our study demonstrated that the miR-128a-induced apoptosis of HTR-8/SVneo cells may contribute to PE and miR-128a may be a novel potential therapeutic target for PE. ..
- Hauser B, Zhao Y, Pang X, Ling Z, Myers E, Wang P, et al. Functions of MiRNA-128 on the regulation of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma growth and apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0116321 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a better understanding of miRNA-128 function and its potential targets, which may be valuable for developing novel diagnostic markers and targeted therapy. ..
- Mi S, Lu J, Sun M, Li Z, Zhang H, Neilly M, et al. MicroRNA expression signatures accurately discriminate acute lymphoblastic leukemia from acute myeloid leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19971-6 pubmed
- Shen J, Ambrosone C, Zhao H. Novel genetic variants in microRNA genes and familial breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:1178-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that functional genetic variants in miRNA genes can potentially alter the regulation of key breast cancer genes. Whether they confer genetic susceptibility to breast cancer remains to be determined. ..
- Ye L, Yu G, Wang C, Du B, Sun D, Liu J, et al. MicroRNAâ€‘128a, BMI1 polycomb ring finger oncogene, and reactive oxygen species inhibit the growth of Uâ€‘87 MG glioblastoma cells following exposure to Xâ€‘ray radiation. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:6247-54 pubmed publisher..In addition, ROS may be involved in the mechanisms underlying the inhibitory effects of Xâ€‘ray radiation in Uâ€‘87 MG cells, and the downregulation of ROS may induce radioresistance. ..
- Huang D, Guo P, Lv N, Luo L. [MiR-128, a key regulator of oncogenic properties]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2015;49:46-54 pubmed..Further characterization of miR-128 will likely identify its new roles in cancer biology. The use of miR-128 as a diagnostic and/or therapeutic tool may result in improvements in diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of numerous cancers. ..
- Bruno I, Karam R, Huang L, Bhardwaj A, Lou C, Shum E, et al. Identification of a microRNA that activates gene expression by repressing nonsense-mediated RNA decay. Mol Cell. 2011;42:500-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest the existence of a conserved RNA circuit linking the microRNA and NMD pathways that induces cell type-specific transcripts during development...
- Geekiyanage H, Galanis E. MiR-31 and miR-128 regulates poliovirus receptor-related 4 mediated measles virus infectivity in tumors. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:1387-1403 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that PVRL4 is post-transcriptionally regulated by miR-128 and miR-31 and harbors possible miRNA targets that could modulate MV infectivity and in turn enhance MV based oncolytic therapeutic strategies. ..
- Lin L, Chen X, Peng X, Zhou J, Kung H, Lin M, et al. MicroRNA-128 promotes cell-cell adhesion in U87 glioma cells via regulation of EphB2. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:1239-48 pubmed publisher..This study revealed the novel functions of miR-128 in cell-cell adhesion and cell migration in glioma cells through the regulation of EphB2, and identified EphB1 and EphB2 as novel miR-128 targets. ..
- Tiribuzi R, Crispoltoni L, Porcellati S, Di Lullo M, Florenzano F, Pirro M, et al. miR128 up-regulation correlates with impaired amyloid ?(1-42) degradation in monocytes from patients with sporadic Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2014;35:345-56 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to clarify the molecular mechanisms that affect the imbalanced A? production/clearance involved in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Sun X, Li Y, Yu J, Pei H, Luo P, Zhang J. miR-128 modulates chemosensitivity and invasion of prostate cancer cells through targeting ZEB1. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2015;45:474-82 pubmed publisher..miR-128 functions as a potential cancer suppressor in prostate cancer progression and rational therapeutic strategies for prostate cancer would be developed based on miR-128/zinc-finger E-box-binding homeobox 1 axis. ..
- Huang C, Huang X, Zhu J, Chen Z, Li X, Zhang X, et al. miR-128-3p suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma proliferation by regulating PIK3R1 and is correlated with the prognosis of HCC patients. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:2889-98 pubmed publisher..Hence, we conclude that miR-128-3p, which is frequently downregulated in HCC, inhibits HCC progression by regulating PIK3R1 and PI3K/AKT activation, and is a prognostic marker for HCC patients. ..
- Wu L, Shi B, Huang K, Fan G. MicroRNA-128 suppresses cell growth and metastasis in colorectal carcinoma by targeting IRS1. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:2797-805 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggested that miR-128 serves as a tumor suppressor and blocks CRC growth and metastasis by targeting IRS1. ..
- Zhang W, Yao C, Wei Z, Dong Q. miR-128 promoted adipogenic differentiation and inhibited osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by suppression of VEGF pathway. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2017;37:217-223 pubmed publisher..It was indicated that miR-128 could regulate adipogenic and osteogenic differentiation of hMSCs significantly through the suppression of VEGF pathway. ..
- Xu J, Liu Y, Guo S, Ma S, Xiao L, Wei N, et al. Expression Profile of MiR-128 in the Astrocytoma Patients and Cell Lines. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:4631-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, the levels of TROVE2 are negatively correlated with miR-128 in astrocytoma tissues. Our data provided novel evidence for the miR-128 and TROVE2 in the development of human astrocytomas. ..
- Yu D, Green B, Marrone A, Guo Y, Kadlubar S, Lin D, et al. Suppression of CYP2C9 by microRNA hsa-miR-128-3p in human liver cells and association with hepatocellular carcinoma. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8534 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the study helped to elucidate the mechanism of CYP2C9 regulation by hsa-miR-128-3p, and the inverse association in HCC. ..