Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR127
Description: microRNA 127
Alias: MIRN127, miRNA127
- Jiang H, Hua D, Zhang J, Lan Q, Huang Q, Yoon J, et al. MicroRNA-127-3p promotes glioblastoma cell migration and invasion by targeting the tumor-suppressor gene SEPT7. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:2261-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, microarray analysis revealed that miR-127-3p regulated a number of migration and invasion-related genes. Finally, we verified that miR-127-3p affected the remodeling of the actin cytoskeleton mediated by SEPT7 in GBM cells. ..
- Guo L, Li H, Wang F, Yu J, He J. The Tumor Suppressor Roles of miR-433 and miR-127 in Gastric Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:14171-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results showed that miR-433 and miR-127 might act as tumor suppressors in GC, and it may provide novel diagnostic and therapeutic options for human GC clinical operation in the near future. ..
- Gao X, Wang X, Cai K, Wang W, Ju Q, Yang X, et al. MicroRNA-127 is a tumor suppressor in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma through the regulation of oncogene FMNL3. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;791:603-610 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-127 is downregulated and acting as tumor suppressor in ESCC. Inversely, FMNL3, the target gene of miR-127, is upregulated and acting as an oncogene in ESCC. ..
- You W, Wang Y, Zheng J. Plasma miR-127 and miR-218 Might Serve as Potential Biomarkers for Cervical Cancer. Reprod Sci. 2015;22:1037-41 pubmed publisher..00%, and specificity of 82.35%. In conclusion, we identified the predictive power of 3 plasma miRNAs for cervical cancer, and consequence can be concluded that plasma miR-127 and miR-205 are promising tumor markers for cervical cancer. ..
- Cuk K, Zucknick M, Madhavan D, Schott S, Golatta M, Heil J, et al. Plasma microRNA panel for minimally invasive detection of breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76729 pubmed publisher..81 for the detection of benign and malignant breast tumors, which further increased to 0.86 in younger women (up to 50 years of age). ..
- Feng R, Dong L. Knockdown of microRNA-127 reverses adriamycin resistance via cell cycle arrest and apoptosis sensitization in adriamycin-resistant human glioma cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:6107-16 pubmed..Our data indicate that down-regulation of micorRNA-127 can trigger apoptosis and overcome drug resistance of gliomas cells. Therefore, this resistance of adriamycin in gliomas can be cancelled by silencing expression of microRNA-127. ..
- Bi L, Yang Q, Yuan J, Miao Q, Duan L, Li F, et al. MicroRNA-127-3p acts as a tumor suppressor in epithelial ovarian cancer by regulating the BAG5 gene. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2563-2570 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-127-3p functions as a tumor suppressor in EOC, and its influence on EOC is directly through regulation of BAG5. ..
- Zhou J, Lu S, Yang S, Chen H, Shi H, Miao M, et al. MicroRNA-127 post-transcriptionally downregulates Sept7 and suppresses cell growth in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;33:1537-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the knockdown of Sept7 has the same effect on cell proliferation as the overexpression of miR-127 in Huh7 cells. miR-127 plays a tumor-suppressor role and can serve as a potential diagnostic biomarker for HCC. ..
- Chen J, Wang M, Guo M, Xie Y, Cong Y. miR-127 regulates cell proliferation and senescence by targeting BCL6. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80266 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of miR-127 or depletion of BCL6 inhibits breast cancer cell proliferation. Our data suggest that miR-127 may function as a tumor suppressor that modulates the oncogene BCL6. ..
- Zhao X, Duan Z, Liu X, Wang B, Wang X, He J, et al. MicroRNA-127 is downregulated by Tudor-SN protein and contributes to metastasis and proliferation in breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2013;296:1842-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggested a novel mechanism that Tudor-SN promoted metastasis and proliferation of breast cancer cells via downregulating the miR-127 expression. ..
- Wang S, Li H, Wang J, Wang D, Yao A, Li Q. Prognostic and biological significance of microRNA-127 expression in human breast cancer. Dis Markers. 2014;2014:401986 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-127 may be a potential biomarker for predicting the survival of BC patients and might be a molecular target for treatment of human BCs. ..
- Tu M, Li Y, Zeng C, Deng Z, Gao S, Xiao W, et al. MicroRNA-127-5p regulates osteopontin expression and osteopontin-mediated proliferation of human chondrocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25032 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, miR-127-5p inhibited proliferation of chondrocytes through OPN. In conclusion, miRNA-127-5p is an important regulator of OPN in human chondrocytes and may contribute to the development of OA. ..
- Yu Y, Liu L, Ma R, Gong H, Xu P, Wang C. MicroRNA-127 is aberrantly downregulated and acted as a functional tumor suppressor in human pancreatic cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14249-14257 pubmed..MiR-127 is downregulated and acting as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic carcinoma. The functional regulation of miR-127 in pancreatic carcinoma is very likely through the inverse correlation of its downstream target gene of BAG5. ..