Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR126
Description: microRNA 126
Alias: MIRN126, miRNA126
- Jia A, Castillo Martin M, Bonal D, Sanchez Carbayo M, Silva J, Cordon Cardo C. MicroRNA-126 inhibits invasion in bladder cancer via regulation of ADAM9. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:2945-54 pubmed publisher..In this study we describe the role of miR-126 in bladder cancer progression, identifying miR-126 and ADAM9 as potential clinical biomarkers of disease aggressiveness. ..
- Zhang J, Du Y, Lin Y, Chen Y, Yang L, Wang H, et al. The cell growth suppressor, mir-126, targets IRS-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:136-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we developed a simple method for high-throughput screening of miRNAs and found that mir-126, a cell growth suppressor, targets IRS-1. ..
- Oglesby I, Bray I, Chotirmall S, Stallings R, O Neill S, McElvaney N, et al. miR-126 is downregulated in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells and regulates TOM1 expression. J Immunol. 2010;184:1702-9 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study is the first to report of a role for TOM1 in the TLR2/4 signaling pathways and the first to describe microRNA involvement in CF. ..
- Jansen F, Yang X, Hoelscher M, Cattelan A, Schmitz T, Proebsting S, et al. Endothelial microparticle-mediated transfer of MicroRNA-126 promotes vascular endothelial cell repair via SPRED1 and is abrogated in glucose-damaged endothelial microparticles. Circulation. 2013;128:2026-38 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanisms of endothelial cell repair are largely unknown. We sought to investigate whether endothelial microparticles (EMPs), released from apoptotic endothelial cells (ECs), influence EC repair...
- Yang J, Lan H, Huang X, Liu B, Tong Y. MicroRNA-126 inhibits tumor cell growth and its expression level correlates with poor survival in non-small cell lung cancer patients. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42978 pubmed publisher..However, the regulatory mechanism of microRNA-126 remains to be elucidated in different normal and malignant tissues. Therefore, further research is needed to explore the tumor suppressive functions of microRNA-126 in NSCLC. ..
- Long G, Wang F, Duan Q, Chen F, Yang S, Gong W, et al. Human circulating microRNA-1 and microRNA-126 as potential novel indicators for acute myocardial infarction. Int J Biol Sci. 2012;8:811-8 pubmed publisher..A remarkable finding in this study is that miR-1, miR-126 and cTnI expression levels exhibited the same trend. Our results suggest that the plasma concentrations of miR-1 and miR-126 may be useful indicators for AMI. ..
- Zampetaki A, Kiechl S, Drozdov I, Willeit P, Mayr U, Prokopi M, et al. Plasma microRNA profiling reveals loss of endothelial miR-126 and other microRNAs in type 2 diabetes. Circ Res. 2010;107:810-7 pubmed publisher..We reveal a plasma miRNA signature for DM that includes loss of endothelial miR-126. These findings might explain the impaired peripheral angiogenic signaling in patients with DM. ..
- Huang X, Gschweng E, Van Handel B, Cheng D, Mikkola H, Witte O. Regulated expression of microRNAs-126/126* inhibits erythropoiesis from human embryonic stem cells. Blood. 2011;117:2157-65 pubmed publisher..Our results define an important function of miRs-126/126* in negative regulation of erythropoiesis, providing the first evidence for a role of miR in hematopoietic differentiation of hESCs. ..
- Zhu N, Zhang D, Xie H, Zhou Z, Chen H, Hu T, et al. Endothelial-specific intron-derived miR-126 is down-regulated in human breast cancer and targets both VEGFA and PIK3R2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;351:157-64 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-126 could target both VEGFA and PIK3R2, and its expression was decreased in human breast cancer, implying that miR-126 may play a role in tumor genesis and growth by regulating the VEGF/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Sun C, Alkhoury K, Wang Y, Foster G, Radecke C, Tam K, et al. IRF-1 and miRNA126 modulate VCAM-1 expression in response to a high-fat meal. Circ Res. 2012;111:1054-64 pubmed..Subjects with an anti-inflammatory response to a meal produced TGRL that was enriched in nonesterified fatty acids, decreased IRF-1 expression, increased miR-126 activity, and diminished monocyte arrest. ..
- Hamada S, Satoh K, Fujibuchi W, Hirota M, Kanno A, Unno J, et al. MiR-126 acts as a tumor suppressor in pancreatic cancer cells via the regulation of ADAM9. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:3-10 pubmed publisher..We showed for the first time that the miR-126/ADAM9 axis plays essential role in the inhibition of invasive growth of pancreatic cancer cells. ..
- Mocharla P, Briand S, Giannotti G, Dörries C, Jakob P, Paneni F, et al. AngiomiR-126 expression and secretion from circulating CD34(+) and CD14(+) PBMCs: role for proangiogenic effects and alterations in type 2 diabetics. Blood. 2013;121:226-36 pubmed publisher..Moreover, an alteration of angiomiR-126 expression in CD34(+) PBMCs in diabetes provides a novel pathway causing impaired proangiogenic effects. ..
- Donnem T, Lonvik K, Eklo K, Berg T, Sorbye S, Al Shibli K, et al. Independent and tissue-specific prognostic impact of miR-126 in nonsmall cell lung cancer: coexpression with vascular endothelial growth factor-A predicts poor survival. Cancer. 2011;117:3193-200 pubmed publisher..miR-126 is a strong and independent negative prognostic factor in NSCLC, and its prognostic impact appears related primarily to histology and nodal status. ..
- Shen W, Hu Y, Uttarwar L, Passegue E, Largman C. MicroRNA-126 regulates HOXA9 by binding to the homeobox. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4609-19 pubmed publisher..In support of this hypothesis, expression of miR-126 alone in MLL-ENL-immortalized bone marrow cells decreased endogenous HOXA9 protein, while inhibition of endogenous miR-126 increased expression of HOXA9 in F9 cells. ..
- Liu B, Peng X, Zheng X, Wang J, Qin Y. MiR-126 restoration down-regulate VEGF and inhibit the growth of lung cancer cell lines in vitro and in vivo. Lung Cancer. 2009;66:169-75 pubmed publisher..8035+/-0.1521 to 0.6235+/-0.0757g, with the inhibitive rate being 22.4%. All these results revealed that miR-126 may have a tumor suppressor function in lung cancer cells and could be a promising treatment in anticancer therapy. ..
- Chen H, Miao R, Fan J, Han Z, Wu J, Qiu G, et al. Decreased expression of miR-126 correlates with metastatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2013;30:651-8 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that down-regulation of miR-126 plays an important role in HCC metastasis, and suggest a potential application of miR-126 in prognosis prediction and HCC treatment. ..
- Feng X, Wang H, Ye S, Guan J, Tan W, Cheng S, et al. Up-regulation of microRNA-126 may contribute to pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis via regulating NF-kappaB inhibitor I?B?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52782 pubmed publisher..miR-126 may play roles in UC inflammatory activity by down-regulating the expression of IKBA, an important inhibitor of NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Otsubo T, Akiyama Y, Hashimoto Y, Shimada S, Goto K, Yuasa Y. MicroRNA-126 inhibits SOX2 expression and contributes to gastric carcinogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16617 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that aberrant over-expression of miR-126 and consequent SOX2 down-regulation may contribute to gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Crawford M, Brawner E, Batte K, Yu L, Hunter M, Otterson G, et al. MicroRNA-126 inhibits invasion in non-small cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;373:607-12 pubmed publisher..Crk is a predicted putative target gene for miR-126. Over-expression of miR126 in a lung cancer cell line resulted in a decrease in Crk protein without any alteration in the associated mRNA...
- Sessa R, Seano G, di Blasio L, Gagliardi P, Isella C, Medico E, et al. The miR-126 regulates angiopoietin-1 signaling and vessel maturation by targeting p85?. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1925-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-126-mediated phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulation, not only fine-tunes VEGF-signaling, but it strongly enhances the activities of Ang-1 on vessel stabilization and maturation. ..
- Zhou J, Li Y, Nguyen P, Wang K, Weiss A, Kuo Y, et al. Regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell turnover by endothelial cell-secreted microRNA-126: role of shear stress. Circ Res. 2013;113:40-51 pubmed publisher..Administration of EC-CM or miR-126 mitigated the inhibitory effect. Endothelial miR-126 acts as a key intercellular mediator to increase SMC turnover, and its release is reduced by atheroprotective laminar shear stress. ..
- Feng R, Chen X, Yu Y, Su L, Yu B, Li J, et al. miR-126 functions as a tumour suppressor in human gastric cancer. Cancer Lett. 2010;298:50-63 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, we identified the adaptor protein Crk as a target of miR-126. Taken together, our results suggest that miR-126 may function as a tumour suppressor in gastric cancer, with Crk as a direct target. ..
- Jakob P, Doerries C, Briand S, Mocharla P, Krankel N, Besler C, et al. Loss of angiomiR-126 and 130a in angiogenic early outgrowth cells from patients with chronic heart failure: role for impaired in vivo neovascularization and cardiac repair capacity. Circulation. 2012;126:2962-75 pubmed publisher..Reduced miR-126 expression was identified as a novel mechanism limiting their capacity to improve cardiac neovascularization and function that can be targeted by miR-126 mimic transfection. ..
- Vergho D, Kneitz S, Rosenwald A, Scherer C, Spahn M, Burger M, et al. Combination of expression levels of miR-21 and miR-126 is associated with cancer-specific survival in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2014;14:25 pubmed publisher..A combined expression level of miR-21 and miR-126 accurately predicted CSS in two independent RCC cohorts and seems feasible for clinical application in assessing prognosis. ..
- Chen H, Li L, Wang S, Lei Y, Ge Q, Lv N, et al. Reduced miR-126 expression facilitates angiogenesis of gastric cancer through its regulation on VEGF-A. Oncotarget. 2014;5:11873-85 pubmed..Overall, the results from our study suggested that miR-126 could suppress tumor growth and tumor angiogenesis of GC through VEGF-A signaling, and it is a novel potential therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Li H, Meng F, Ma J, Yu Y, Hua X, Qin J, et al. Insulin receptor substrate-1 and Golgi phosphoprotein 3 are downstream targets of miR?126 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1225-33 pubmed publisher..miR-126 suppressed the proliferation, migration and invasion of ESCC cells, and acted as a tumor suppressor in the carcinogenesis of ESCC. IRS-1 and GOLPH3 are downstream targets of miR-126 at the post-transcriptional level in ESCC. ..
- Saito Y, Friedman J, Chihara Y, Egger G, Chuang J, Liang G. Epigenetic therapy upregulates the tumor suppressor microRNA-126 and its host gene EGFL7 in human cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:726-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, epigenetic therapy not only directly activates miRNAs from their own promoters, but also activates intronic miRNAs together with their host genes. This reveals an additional mechanism and anticancer effect of epigenetic therapy. ..
- Harnprasopwat R, Ha D, Toyoshima T, Lodish H, Tojo A, Kotani A. Alteration of processing induced by a single nucleotide polymorphism in pri-miR-126. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:117-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, its frequency is different among races. Thus, our study emphasizes the importance of identifying new miRNA SNP and its contribution to miRNA biogenesis which is possible link to human genetic disease. ..
- Hoppe R, Achinger Kawecka J, Winter S, Fritz P, Lo W, Schroth W, et al. Increased expression of miR-126 and miR-10a predict prolonged relapse-free time of primary oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer following tamoxifen treatment. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3598-608 pubmed publisher..037, P<0.0001, respectively). Our data suggest that miR-126 and miR-10a are independent predictors for tumour relapse in early postmenopausal breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen. ..
- Liu Y, Zhou Y, Feng X, Yang P, Yang J, An P, et al. Low expression of microRNA-126 is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2014;53:358-65 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis indicated that miR-126 was an independent prognostic factor for overall survival, suggesting its clinical significance as a prognostic predictor in CRC patients. ..
- Liu L, Wang W, Zhao L, Guo B, Yang J, Zhao X, et al. Mir-126 inhibits growth of SGC-7901 cells by synergistically targeting the oncogenes PI3KR2 and Crk, and the tumor suppressor PLK2. Int J Oncol. 2014;45:1257-65 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that miR-126 is a tumor suppressor, which in the future may become a therapeutic target for gastric cancer. ..
- Jusufovic E, Rijavec M, Keser D, Korosec P, Sodja E, Iljazovic E, et al. let-7b and miR-126 are down-regulated in tumor tissue and correlate with microvessel density and survival outcomes in non--small--cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45577 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the regulation of let-7b and miR-126 expression could have therapeutic potential because it could reduce tumor angiogenesis and therefore suppress tumor growth in lung cancer patients. ..
- Meng S, Cao J, Zhang B, Zhou Q, Shen C, Wang C. Downregulation of microRNA-126 in endothelial progenitor cells from diabetes patients, impairs their functional properties, via target gene Spred-1. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2012;53:64-72 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence that miR-126 is downregulated in EPCs from diabetic patients, and impairs EPCs-mediated function via its target, Spred-1, and through Ras/ERK/VEGF and PI3K/Akt/eNOS signal pathway. ..
- Sun Y, Zhang F, Bai Y, Guo L. [miR-126 modulates the expression of epidermal growth factor-like domain 7 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitro]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:767-70 pubmed..5% relative to the control level. miR-126 can downregulate EGFL7 expression at the protein level in ECV-304 cells. ..
- Sun Y, Bai Y, Zhang F, Wang Y, Guo Y, Guo L. miR-126 inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cells proliferation by targeting EGFL7. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:1483-9 pubmed publisher..As a result, our study demonstrates that miR-126 can inhibit proliferation of non-small cell lung cancer cells through one of its targets, EGFL7. ..
- Harris T, Yamakuchi M, Kondo M, Oettgen P, Lowenstein C. Ets-1 and Ets-2 regulate the expression of microRNA-126 in endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1990-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that the transcription factors Ets-1 and Ets-2 play a key role in controlling the expression of miR-126 and suggest that miR-126 may mediate some of their vascular effects. ..
- Miko E, Margitai Z, Czimmerer Z, Várkonyi I, Dezso B, Lanyi A, et al. miR-126 inhibits proliferation of small cell lung cancer cells by targeting SLC7A5. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1191-6 pubmed publisher..Short interfering RNA (siRNA) mediated suppression of SLC7A5, a predicted target of mir-126, has the same effect on H69 cells. We also show for the first time that SLC7A5 is a direct target of miR-126. ..
- Fiala O, Pitule P, Hosek P, Liska V, Sorejs O, Bruha J, et al. The association of miR-126-3p, miR-126-5p and miR-664-3p expression profiles with outcomes of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with bevacizumab. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317709283 pubmed publisher..18, p?=?0.0046). In conclusion, the results of this study suggest that the expression of miR-126-3p in the tumour tissue was associated with outcome of metastatic colorectal cancer patients treated with bevacizumab. ..
- Chen J, Cui C, Yang X, Xu J, Venkat P, Zacharek A, et al. MiR-126 Affects Brain-Heart Interaction after Cerebral Ischemic Stroke. Transl Stroke Res. 2017;8:374-385 pubmed publisher..Ischemic stroke directly induces cardiac dysfunction. Decreasing miR-126 expression may contribute to cardiac dysfunction after stroke in mice. ..
- Sezer Zhmurov Ã, Timirci Kahraman Ã, Amadou F, FazlÄ±oÄŸullarÄ± O, BaÅŸaran C, Catal T, et al. Expression of Egfl7 and miRNA-126-5p in Symptomatic Carotid Artery Disease. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2016;20:125-9 pubmed publisher..A gene expression study was conducted to investigate the levels of Egfl7 and miRNA126-5p in human carotid artery atherosclerotic plaques aiming to gain a better understanding of the role of ..
- Musiyenko A, Bitko V, Barik S. Ectopic expression of miR-126*, an intronic product of the vascular endothelial EGF-like 7 gene, regulates prostein translation and invasiveness of prostate cancer LNCaP cells. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:313-22 pubmed publisher..We conclude that intronic miRNAs from tissue-specific transcripts, or their natural absence, make cardinal contributions to cellular gene expression and phenotype. These findings also open the door to tissue-specific miRNA therapy. ..
- Daschkey S, Rottgers S, Giri A, Bradtke J, Teigler Schlegel A, Meister G, et al. MicroRNAs distinguish cytogenetic subgroups in pediatric AML and contribute to complex regulatory networks in AML-relevant pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56334 pubmed publisher..For the first time, to our knowledge, a complete AML data set resulting from carefully devised biochemical isolation experiments and analysis of Ago-associated miRNAs and their target-mRNAs is now available. ..
- Osipova J, Fischer D, Dangwal S, Volkmann I, Widera C, Schwarz K, et al. Diabetes-associated microRNAs in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional cohort study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99:E1661-5 pubmed publisher..78. Type 1 diabetic pediatric patients revealed a significant deregulation of miR-21, miR-126, and miR-210 in plasma and urinary samples, which might indicate an early onset of diabetic-associated diseases. ..
- de Leeuw D, Denkers F, Olthof M, Rutten A, Pouwels W, Schuurhuis G, et al. Attenuation of microRNA-126 expression that drives CD34+38- stem/progenitor cells in acute myeloid leukemia leads to tumor eradication. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2094-105 pubmed publisher..Our results define miR-126 as a therapeutic focus to specifically eradicate LSCs and improve AML outcome. ..
- Wei X, Han M, Yang F, Wei G, Liang Z, Yao H, et al. Biological significance of miR-126 expression in atrial fibrillation and heart failure. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2015;48:983-9 pubmed publisher..05). Serum miR-126 levels could serve as a potential candidate biomarker for evaluating the severity of AF and HF. However, to confirm these results, future studies with a larger and diverse patient population are necessary. ..
- Watahiki A, Macfarlane R, Gleave M, Crea F, Wang Y, Helgason C, et al. Plasma miRNAs as biomarkers to identify patients with castration-resistant metastatic prostate cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:7757-70 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that plasma levels of selected miRNAs are potential biomarkers to differentiate localized PCa and mCRPC. ..
- Sun X, Liu Z, Yang Z, Xiao L, Wang F, He Y, et al. Association of microRNA-126 expression with clinicopathological features and the risk of biochemical recurrence in prostate cancer patients undergoing radical prostatectomy. Diagn Pathol. 2013;8:208 pubmed publisher..However, its role in human prostate cancer (PCa) is still unclear. The aim of this study was to investigate miR-126 expression in PCa and its prognostic value for PCa patients undergoing radical prostatectomy...
- Khella H, Scorilas A, Mozes R, Mirham L, Lianidou E, Krylov S, et al. Low expression of miR-126 is a prognostic marker for metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:693-703 pubmed publisher..miR-126 is a promising prognostic marker in ccRCC that can distinguish between clear cell and papillary subtypes. In addition, miR-126 has potential therapeutic applications. ..
- Meira M, Sievers C, Hoffmann F, Derfuss T, Kuhle J, Kappos L, et al. MiR-126: a novel route for natalizumab action?. Mult Scler. 2014;20:1363-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings provided deeper insight into the mode of action of natalizumab, with possible implications for understanding both the effects of natalizumab on MS activity and its specific adverse event profile. ..
- Ryu H, Park S, Ma D, Zhang J, Lee W. The induction of microRNA targeting IRS-1 is involved in the development of insulin resistance under conditions of mitochondrial dysfunction in hepatocytes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17343 pubmed publisher..These data provide novel insights into the molecular basis of insulin resistance, and implicate miRNA in the development of metabolic disease. ..
- Zhang G, Luo L, Ding X, Dong D, Li B, Ma X, et al. MicroRNA-126 inhibits tumor cell invasion and metastasis by downregulating ROCK1 in renal cell carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:5029-2036 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR?126 may be valuable as a potential target for therapeutic intervention in RCC. ..
- Rezk N, Sabbah N, Saad M. Role of MicroRNA 126 in screening, diagnosis, and prognosis of diabetic patients in Egypt. IUBMB Life. 2016;68:452-8 pubmed publisher..Serum microRNA-126 expression could be a good marker for diagnosis of IGT and T2DM as well as for monitoring the outcomes of such disease. © 2016 IUBMB Life, 68(6):452-458, 2016. ..
- Qu Y, Wu J, Deng J, Zhang Y, Liang W, Jiang Z, et al. MicroRNA-126 affects rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblast proliferation and apoptosis by targeting PIK3R2 and regulating PI3K-AKT signal pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:74217-74226 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-126 overexpression in RASFs inhibits PIK3R2 expression and promotes proliferation while inhibiting apoptosis. This suggests inhibiting miR-126 may yield therapeutic benefits in the treatment of RA. ..
- Wang J, Zhou Y, Fei X, Chen X, Yan J, Liu B, et al. ADAM9 functions as a promoter of gastric cancer growth which is negatively and post-transcriptionally regulated by miR-126. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2033-2040 pubmed publisher..ADAM9 could possibly be regarded as a biomarker for GC diagnosis and prevention. Moreover, as directly targeted by miR-126 in GC, ADAM9 may be a potential target for GC therapeutic treatment which warrants intensive study. ..