Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR125B1
Description: microRNA 125b-1
- Ooi A, Sahoo D, Adorno M, Wang Y, Weissman I, Park C. MicroRNA-125b expands hematopoietic stem cells and enriches for the lymphoid-balanced and lymphoid-biased subsets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:21505-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data reveal that miR-125b regulates HSC survival and can promote lymphoid-fate decisions at the level of the HSC by preferentially expanding lymphoid-balanced and lymphoid-biased HSC. ..
- Akhavantabasi S, Sapmaz A, Tuna S, Erson Bensan A. miR-125b targets ARID3B in breast cancer cells. Cell Struct Funct. 2012;37:27-38 pubmed..When ARID3B was transiently silenced, the decreased cell migration was also observed. In light of these findings, miR-125b continues to emerge as an interesting regulator of cancer related phenotypes. ..
- Rajaram M, Ni B, Morris J, Brooks M, Carlson T, Bakthavachalu B, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipomannan blocks TNF biosynthesis by regulating macrophage MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 (MK2) and microRNA miR-125b. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:17408-13 pubmed publisher..tb cell wall component, TB-LM, to block TNF biosynthesis in human macrophages, thereby allowing M.tb to subvert host immunity and potentially increase its virulence. ..
- Liu L, Li H, Li J, Zhong H, Zhang H, Chen J, et al. miR-125b suppresses the proliferation and migration of osteosarcoma cells through down-regulation of STAT3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;416:31-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings point to an important role in the molecular etiology of osteosarcoma and suggest that miR-125b is a potential target in the treatment of osteosarcoma. ..
- Wang Y, Cai N, Wu X, Cao H, Xie L, Zheng P. OCT4 promotes tumorigenesis and inhibits apoptosis of cervical cancer cells by miR-125b/BAK1 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e760 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an undescribed regulatory pathway in cervical cancer, by which OCT4 directly induces expression of miR-125b, which inhibits its direct target BAK1, leading to suppression of cervical cancer cell apoptosis. ..
- Luo X, Zhang L, Li M, Zhang W, Leng X, Zhang F, et al. The role of miR-125b in T lymphocytes in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2013;31:263-71 pubmed..These data identified this miRNA expression profile as a possible new biomarker of SLE. Moreover, the down-regulation of miR-125b mainly in T cells may contribute to the pathogenesis of SLE by regulating ETS1 and STAT3 gene expression. ..
- He J, Xu Q, Jing Y, Agani F, Qian X, Carpenter R, et al. Reactive oxygen species regulate ERBB2 and ERBB3 expression via miR-199a/125b and DNA methylation. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:1116-22 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that ERBB2 and ERBB3 expression is regulated by ROS via miR-199a and miR-125b downregulation and DNA hypermethylation. ..
- Malumbres R, Sarosiek K, Cubedo E, Ruiz J, Jiang X, Gascoyne R, et al. Differentiation stage-specific expression of microRNAs in B lymphocytes and diffuse large B-cell lymphomas. Blood. 2009;113:3754-64 pubmed publisher..A 9-miRNA signature was identified that could precisely differentiate the 2 major subtypes of DLBCL. Finally, expression of some of the miRNAs in this signature is correlated with clinical outcome of uniformly treated DLBCL patients. ..
- Xu N, Brodin P, Wei T, Meisgen F, Eidsmo L, Nagy N, et al. MiR-125b, a microRNA downregulated in psoriasis, modulates keratinocyte proliferation by targeting FGFR2. J Invest Dermatol. 2011;131:1521-9 pubmed publisher..Loss of miR-125b in psoriasis skin may contribute to hyperproliferation and aberrant differentiation of keratinocytes. ..
- Zhou M, Liu Z, Zhao Y, Ding Y, Liu H, Xi Y, et al. MicroRNA-125b confers the resistance of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel through suppression of pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 antagonist killer 1 (Bak1) expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:21496-507 pubmed publisher..This finding has important implications in the development of targeted therapeutics for overcoming Taxol resistance in a number of different tumor histologies. ..
- Fan D, Tsang F, Tam A, Au S, Wong C, Wei L, et al. Histone lysine methyltransferase, suppressor of variegation 3-9 homolog 1, promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression and is negatively regulated by microRNA-125b. Hepatology. 2013;57:637-47 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that SUV39H1 up-regulation contributed to HCC development and metastasis. The tumor-suppressive miR-125b served as a negative regulator of SUV39H1. ..
- Lee Y, Kim H, Chung S, Kim K, Dutta A. Depletion of human micro-RNA miR-125b reveals that it is critical for the proliferation of differentiated cells but not for the down-regulation of putative targets during differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16635-41 pubmed..Collectively these results reveal the importance of micro-RNA depletion strategies for directly determining micro-RNA function in vivo. ..
- Zhang Y, Yan L, Wu Q, Du Z, Chen J, Liao D, et al. miR-125b is methylated and functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating the ETS1 proto-oncogene in human invasive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3552-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings point to an important role for miR-125b in the molecular etiology of invasive breast cancer, and they suggest miR-125b as a potential theranostic tool in this disease. ..
- Murray M, Rushworth S, Zaitseva L, Bowles K, MacEwan D. Attenuation of dexamethasone-induced cell death in multiple myeloma is mediated by miR-125b expression. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2144-53 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms provide insight into the role of miRNA regulation of apoptosis and their promotion of MM cell proliferative mechanisms. ..
- Le M, Shyh Chang N, Khaw S, Chin L, Teh C, Tay J, et al. Conserved regulation of p53 network dosage by microRNA-125b occurs through evolving miRNA-target gene pairs. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002242 pubmed publisher..Our results lead us to propose that miR-125b buffers and fine-tunes p53 network activity by regulating the dose of both proliferative and apoptotic regulators, with implications for tissue stem cell homeostasis and oncogenesis. ..
- Shiiba M, Shinozuka K, Saito K, Fushimi K, Kasamatsu A, Ogawara K, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates proliferation and radioresistance of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1817-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, controlling the expression or activity of miR-125b might contribute to suppressing proliferation and overcoming radioresistance in OSCC. ..
- Nakanishi H, Taccioli C, Palatini J, Fernandez Cymering C, Cui R, Kim T, et al. Loss of miR-125b-1 contributes to head and neck cancer development by dysregulating TACSTD2 and MAPK pathway. Oncogene. 2014;33:702-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, loss of miR-125b-1 may have a key role in the pathogenesis and progression of squamous cell carcinomas of head and neck and possibly of other tumors. ..
- Holst L, Kaczkowski B, Glud M, Futoma Kazmierczak E, Hansen L, Gniadecki R. The microRNA molecular signature of atypic and common acquired melanocytic nevi: differential expression of miR-125b and let-7c. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:278-80 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that miRNAs are functionally involved in the pathogenesis of nevi and possibly malignant melanoma. ..
- Manfé V, Biskup E, Willumsgaard A, Skov A, Palmieri D, Gasparini P, et al. cMyc/miR-125b-5p signalling determines sensitivity to bortezomib in preclinical model of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59390 pubmed publisher..Our findings describe a novel mechanism through which miR-125b-5p not only regulates tumor growth in vivo, but also increases cellular resistance to proteasome inhibitors via modulation of MAD4. ..
- Ahuja D, Goyal A, Ray P. Interplay between RNA-binding protein HuR and microRNA-125b regulates p53 mRNA translation in response to genotoxic stress. RNA Biol. 2016;13:1152-1165 pubmed..The antagonistic interplay between miR-125b and HuR might play an important role in fine-tuning p53 gene expression at the post-transcriptional level, and thereby regulate the cellular response to genotoxic stress. ..
- Huang S, Chen M, Li L, He M, Hu D, Zhang X, et al. Circulating MicroRNAs and the occurrence of acute myocardial infarction in Chinese populations. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2014;7:189-98 pubmed publisher..The plasma levels of miR-320b and miR-125b were significantly lower in patients with AMI when compared with controls, and these miRNAs may be involved in the pathogenesis of coronary heart disease. ..
- He J, Jing Y, Li W, Qian X, Xu Q, Li F, et al. Roles and mechanism of miR-199a and miR-125b in tumor angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56647 pubmed publisher..This study provides a rationale for new therapeutic approach to suppress tumor angiogenesis using miR-199a, miR-125b, or their mimics for ovarian cancer treatment in the future. ..
- Tsang F, Au V, Lu W, Shek F, Liu A, Luk J, et al. Prognostic marker microRNA-125b inhibits tumorigenic properties of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via suppressing tumorigenic molecule eIF5A2. Dig Dis Sci. 2014;59:2477-87 pubmed publisher..Expression of miR-125b can reverse the tumorigenic properties of cultured HCC cells via suppressing the tumorigenic molecule eIF5A2, thus postulating restoration of miR-125b level as a way to counteract liver tumorigenesis. ..
- Xie X, Hu Y, Xu L, Fu Y, Tu J, Zhao H, et al. The role of miR-125b-mitochondria-caspase-3 pathway in doxorubicin resistance and therapy in human breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:7185-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study revealed the role of miR-125b in doxorubicin resistance and therapy, which may provide novel approaches for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Matsukawa T, Sakai T, Yonezawa T, Hiraiwa H, Hamada T, Nakashima M, et al. MicroRNA-125b regulates the expression of aggrecanase-1 (ADAMTS-4) in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R28 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-125b plays an important role in regulating the expression of ADAMTS-4 in human chondrocytes and this identifies miR-125b as a novel therapeutic target in OA. ..
- Yuan T, Zhang H, Lin X, Yu J, Yang Q, Liang Y, et al. microRNA-125b reverses the multidrug resistance of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells via targeting of Bcl-2. Mol Med Rep. 2017;15:2223-2228 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the results of the present study highlight miR?125b as a potential therapeutic target for reversing MDR in NPC. ..
- Busch S, Auth E, Schöll F, Huenecke S, Koehl U, Suess B, et al. 5-lipoxygenase is a direct target of miR-19a-3p and miR-125b-5p. J Immunol. 2015;194:1646-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that miR-19a-3p and miR-125b-5p target 5-LO in a cell type- and stimulus-specific manner. ..
- Li Y, Chao Y, Fang Y, Wang J, Wang M, Zhang H, et al. MTA1 promotes the invasion and migration of non-small cell lung cancer cells by downregulating miR-125b. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2013;32:33 pubmed publisher..The newly identified MTA1-miR-125b axis will help further elucidate the molecular mechanism of NSCLC progression and suggest that ectopic expression of miR-125b is a potentially new therapeutic regimen against NSCLC metastasis. ..
- Liu B, Su F, Chen M, Li Y, Qi X, Xiao J, et al. Serum miR-21 and miR-125b as markers predicting neoadjuvant chemotherapy response and prognosis in stage II/III breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2017;64:44-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ser-miR-21 and ser-miR-125b were identified as novel, noninvasive predictive markers for NCT response and prognosis in breast cancer. ..
- Cai X, Lu S, Zhang Z, Gonzalez C, Damania B, Cullen B. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus expresses an array of viral microRNAs in latently infected cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:5570-5 pubmed..We hypothesize that these viral miRNAs play a critical role in the establishment and/or maintenance of KSHV latent infection in vivo and, hence, in KSHV-induced oncogenesis. ..
- Wang M, Zhu X, Sha Z, Li N, Li D, Chen L. High expression of kinesin light chain-2, a novel target of miR-125b, is associated with poor clinical outcome of elderly non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2015;112:874-82 pubmed publisher..Kinesin-1 light chain-2 protein overexpression predicts poor survival in elderly NSCLC patients. Kinesin-1 light chain-2 acts as a proto-oncogene and a functional target of miR-125b in NSCLC cells. ..
- Pogue A, Cui J, Li Y, Zhao Y, Culicchia F, Lukiw W. Micro RNA-125b (miRNA-125b) function in astrogliosis and glial cell proliferation. Neurosci Lett. 2010;476:18-22 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that miRNA-125b up-regulation contributes to astrogliosis and to defects in the cell cycle that are characteristic of degenerating brain tissues. ..
- Zhou H, Fang J, Shang L, Zhang Z, Sang Y, Xu L, et al. MicroRNAs miR-125b and miR-100 suppress metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by disrupting the formation of vessels that encapsulate tumour clusters. J Pathol. 2016;240:450-460 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2016 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- MartÃnez C, RodiÃ±o Janeiro B, Lobo B, Stanifer M, Klaus B, Granzow M, et al. miR-16 and miR-125b are involved in barrier function dysregulation through the modulation of claudin-2 and cingulin expression in the jejunum in IBS with diarrhoea. Gut. 2017;66:1537-1538 pubmed publisher..These molecular mechanisms include miRNAs as master regulators in controlling the expression of TJ proteins and are associated with major clinical symptoms. ..
- Duroux Richard I, Pers Y, Fabre S, Ammari M, Baeten D, Cartron G, et al. Circulating miRNA-125b is a potential biomarker predicting response to rituximab in rheumatoid arthritis. Mediators Inflamm. 2014;2014:342524 pubmed publisher..Our results identify circulating miR-125b as a novel miRNA over expressed in RA and suggest that serum level of miR-125b is potential predictive biomarker of response to rituximab treatment. ..
- Thorsen J, Aamot H, Roberto R, Tjønnfjord G, Micci F, Heim S. Myelodysplastic syndrome with a t(2;11)(p21;q23-24) and translocation breakpoint close to miR-125b-1. Cancer Genet. 2012;205:528-32 pubmed publisher..Here we report the detailed mapping and sequencing of the breakpoint located only 2 kilobases from miR-125b-1 in an MDS patient with a t(2;11)(p21;q23-24). ..
- Banzhaf Strathmann J, Benito E, May S, Arzberger T, Tahirovic S, Kretzschmar H, et al. MicroRNA-125b induces tau hyperphosphorylation and cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease. EMBO J. 2014;33:1667-80 pubmed publisher..Importantly, DUSP6 and PPP1CA are also reduced in AD brains. These data implicate miR-125b in the pathogenesis of AD by promoting pathological tau phosphorylation. ..
- Manca S, Magrelli A, Cialfi S, Lefort K, Ambra R, Alimandi M, et al. Oxidative stress activation of miR-125b is part of the molecular switch for Hailey-Hailey disease manifestation. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:932-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that oxidative stress-mediated induction of miR-125b plays a specific role in the pathogenesis of HHD by regulating the expression of factors playing an important role in keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Chen C, Zhao Y, Yu Y, Li R, Qiao J. MiR-125b regulates endometrial receptivity by targeting MMP26 in women undergoing IVF-ET with elevated progesterone on HCG priming day. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25302 pubmed publisher..Gain-of-function of miR-125b induced a significant decrease in the number of implantation sites. In conclusion, these data shed new light on how miR-125b triggers ER decline through the regulation of MMP26 function. ..
- Akbari Moqadam F, Lange Turenhout E, Ariës I, Pieters R, den Boer M. MiR-125b, miR-100 and miR-99a co-regulate vincristine resistance in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1315-21 pubmed publisher..05). The concerted function of miR-125b in combination with miR-99a and/or miR-100 illustrates the complexity of vincristine-resistant pediatric ALL. ..
- Wang J, Luo H, Xiao Y, Wang L. miR-125b inhibits keratinocyte proliferation and promotes keratinocyte apoptosis in oral lichen planus by targeting MMP-2 expression through PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:373-380 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data confirm that miR-125b might inhibit keratinocyte proliferation and promote keratinocyte apoptosis in OLP pathogenesis by targeting MMP-2 through PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. ..
- Yang Q, Wang Y, Lu X, Zhao Z, Zhu L, Chen S, et al. MiR-125b regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition via targeting Sema4C in paclitaxel-resistant breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:3268-79 pubmed..These findings suggest that up-regulation of miR-125b or targeting Sema4C could serve as novel approaches to reverse chemotherapy resistance in breast cancers. ..
- Tsang F, Au S, Wei L, Fan D, Lee J, Wong C, et al. Long non-coding RNA HOTTIP is frequently up-regulated in hepatocellular carcinoma and is targeted by tumour suppressive miR-125b. Liver Int. 2015;35:1597-606 pubmed publisher..HOTTIP is a novel oncogenic lncRNA, which negatively regulated by miR-125b. Overexpression of HOTTIP contributes to hepatocarcinogenesis by regulating the expression of its neighbouring protein-coding genes. ..
- Wei M, Gan L, Yang X, Jiang X, Liu J, Chen L. [The down-regulation of miR-125b-5p and up-regulation of Smad4 expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells treated with hydrogen peroxide]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:1088-93 pubmed..Conclusion High level of H2O2 up-regulates Smad4 protein expression and inhibits miR-125b-5p expression. ..
- Liu Z, Smith K, Khong H, Huang J, Ahn E, Zhou M, et al. miR-125b regulates differentiation and metabolic reprogramming of T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia by directly targeting A20. Oncotarget. 2016;7:78667-78679 pubmed publisher..Since both de-differentiation and dysregulated glucose metabolism contribute to the development of T-cell leukemia, these findings provide novel insights into the understanding and treatment of T-ALL. ..
- Wu S, Liu F, Xie L, Peng Y, Lv X, Zhu Y, et al. miR-125b Suppresses Proliferation and Invasion by Targeting MCL1 in Gastric Cancer. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:365273 pubmed publisher..By understanding the function and molecular mechanisms of miR-125b in gastric cancer, we may learn that miR-125b has the therapeutic potential to suppress gastric cancer progression and increase drug sensitivity to gastric cancer. ..
- Hruskova V, Jandová R, Vernerova L, Mann H, Pecha O, Prajzlerová K, et al. MicroRNA-125b: association with disease activity and the treatment response of patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:124 pubmed publisher..652 (95 % CI 0.510 to 0.793); p?=?0.048). The expression of miR-125b in PBMCs of treatment-naïve patients may present a novel biomarker for monitoring the treatment outcome during the early phase of RA. ..
- Ying X, Wei K, Lin Z, Cui Y, Ding J, Chen Y, et al. MicroRNA-125b Suppresses Ovarian Cancer Progression via Suppression of the Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Pathway by Targeting the SET Protein. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:501-10 pubmed publisher..miR-125b suppresses EOC cell migration and invasion by targeting the SET protein, and this study may provide a novel mechanism for understanding the progression of EOC. ..
- Takeda Y, Xu Q. Neuronal Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Using Exosomes Derived from Differentiating Neuronal Cells. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0135111 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the delivery of miRNAs contained in PC12-derived exosomes is a possible mechanism explaining the neuronal differentiation of MSC. ..
- Zhou S, Zhang P, Liang P, Huang X. The expression of miR-125b regulates angiogenesis during the recovery of heat-denatured HUVECs. Burns. 2015;41:803-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results show that the expression of miR-125b is time-dependent and miR-125b plays a regulatory role of angiogenesis during wound healing after burns. ..
- Zhang Z, Chen J, He Y, Zhan X, Zhao R, Huang Y, et al. miR-125b inhibits hepatitis B virus expression in vitro through targeting of the SCNN1A gene. Arch Virol. 2014;159:3335-43 pubmed publisher..Using a dual luciferase reporter system, we found that SCNN1A was one of the targets of miR-125b. In this study, we found that miR-125b inhibits HBV expression in vitro by regulating SCNN1A expression. ..
- Chao C, Liu Y, Su S, Yeh H, Chen H, Lee P, et al. Circulating MicroRNA-125b Predicts the Presence and Progression of Uremic Vascular Calcification. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1402-1414 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that serum miR-125b levels are associated with VC severity and serve as a novel predictive marker for the risk of uremia-associated calcification progression. ..
- Chen J, Fu X, Wan Y, Wang Z, Jiang D, Shi L. miR-125b inhibitor enhance the chemosensitivity of glioblastoma stem cells to temozolomide by targeting Bak1. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:6293-302 pubmed publisher..Restoring Bak1 expression recovered TMZ sensitivity on GSCs. Taken together; our data strongly support an important role for miR-125b on conferring TMZ resistance through targeting Bak1 expression. ..
- Maqbool R, Rashid R, Ismail R, Niaz S, Chowdri N, Hussain M. The carboxy-terminal domain of connexinÂ 43 (CT-Cx43) modulates the expression of p53 by altering miR-125b expression in low-grade human breast cancers. Cell Oncol (Dordr). 2015;38:443-51 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a mechanism by which CT-Cx43 may regulate cell proliferation. Targeting of CT-Cx43 and/or miR-125b may be instrumental for therapeutic intervention in human breast cancer. ..
- Wan Y, Sun G, Zhang S, Wang Z, Shi L. MicroRNA-125b inhibitor sensitizes human primary glioblastoma cells to chemotherapeutic drug temozolomide on invasion. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2013;49:599-607 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the combination of miR-125b inhibitor and TMZ treatment could effectively inhibit the glioblastoma cell invasion by inhibiting Notch1 expression. ..
- Djeghloul D, Kuranda K, Kuzniak I, Barbieri D, Naguibneva I, Choisy C, et al. Age-Associated Decrease of the Histone Methyltransferase SUV39H1 in HSC Perturbs Heterochromatin and B Lymphoid Differentiation. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:970-984 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of heterochromatin regulation in HSC aging and B lymphopoiesis. ..
- Zhang F, Fan X, Bai Y, Lu J, Zheng M, Chen J, et al. miR-125b regulates procalcitonin production in monocytes by targeting Stat3. Microbes Infect. 2016;18:102-8 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that the expression of PCT is regulated by miR-125b in human monocytes. miR-125b modulates PCT expression by manipulating the amount and transcriptional activity of Stat3. ..
- Bevilacqua V, Gioia U, Di Carlo V, Tortorelli A, Colombo T, Bozzoni I, et al. Identification of linc-NeD125, a novel long non coding RNA that hosts miR-125b-1 and negatively controls proliferation of human neuroblastoma cells. RNA Biol. 2015;12:1323-37 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that linc-NeD125 functions independently of the hosted microRNA, by reducing cell proliferation and activating the antiapoptotic factor BCL-2. ..
- Bu Q, You F, Pan G, Yuan Q, Cui T, Hao L, et al. MiR-125b inhibits anaplastic thyroid cancer cell migration and invasion by targeting PIK3CD. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:443-448 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results indicated that miR-125b suppressed ATC cell migration and invasion by targeting PIK3CD expression, and suggested novel potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of ATC. ..
- Lu J, Yao X, Xiu J, Hu Y. MicroRNA-125b-5p attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 production by targeting inhibiting LACTB in THP-1 macrophages. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016;590:64-71 pubmed publisher..MiR-125b-5p attenuates the secretion of MCP-1 by directly targeting inhibiting LACTB in LPS-stimulated THP-1 macrophages. ..
- Alpini G, Glaser S, Zhang J, Francis H, Han Y, Gong J, et al. Regulation of placenta growth factor by microRNA-125b in hepatocellular cancer. J Hepatol. 2011;55:1339-45 pubmed publisher..Our studies showing epigenetic silencing of miR-125b contributes to an invasive phenotype provide novel mechanistic insights and identify a potential target mechanism that could be manipulated for therapeutic benefit in HCC. ..
- Bao X, Ren T, Huang Y, Wang S, Zhang F, Liu K, et al. Induction of the mesenchymal to epithelial transition by demethylation-activated microRNA-125b is involved in the anti-migration/invasion effects of arsenic trioxide on human chondrosarcoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:129 pubmed publisher..These findings, for the first time, provides evidence that the miR-125b-mediated inhibition of Stat3 is involved in the ATO-induced attenuation of metastasis in chondrosarcoma cells. ..
- Goettsch C, Rauner M, Pacyna N, Hempel U, Bornstein S, Hofbauer L. miR-125b regulates calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:1594-600 pubmed publisher..Evaluating the role of miRs in arterial calcification in vivo may have important therapeutic implications. ..