Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR124-1
Description: microRNA 124-1
Alias: MIR124A, MIR124A1, MIRN124-1, MIRN124A1
- Sun Y, Li Q, Gui H, Xu D, Yang Y, Su D, et al. MicroRNA-124 mediates the cholinergic anti-inflammatory action through inhibiting the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Cell Res. 2013;23:1270-83 pubmed publisher..These results also indicate that miR-124 is a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Koukos G, Polytarchou C, Kaplan J, Morley Fletcher A, Gras Miralles B, Kokkotou E, et al. MicroRNA-124 regulates STAT3 expression and is down-regulated in colon tissues of pediatric patients with ulcerative colitis. Gastroenterology. 2013;145:842-52.e2 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether colonic mucosal miRs are altered in children with ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Silber J, Hashizume R, Félix T, Hariono S, Yu M, Berger M, et al. Expression of miR-124 inhibits growth of medulloblastoma cells. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:83-90 pubmed publisher..Further testing of miR-124 will help define the ultimate therapeutic potential of preclinical models of medulloblastoma in conjunction with various delivery strategies for treatment...
- Xia J, Wu Z, Yu C, He W, Zheng H, He Y, et al. miR-124 inhibits cell proliferation in gastric cancer through down-regulation of SPHK1. J Pathol. 2012;227:470-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that miR-124 has an important role in the suppression of gastric cancer and presents a novel mechanism of miRNA-mediated SPHK1 expression in cancer cells. ..
- Lindenblatt C, Schulze Osthoff K, Totzke G. IkappaBzeta expression is regulated by miR-124a. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2019-23 pubmed..Together, our data identify IkappaBzeta as a target of miR-124a that might be involved in the fine-tuning of NF-kappaB-mediated gene expression. ..
- Wang M, Li Y, Wang R, Wang C, Yu Y, Yang L, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-124 is an independent prognostic factor in patients with colorectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2013;28:183-9 pubmed publisher..MiR-124 may play a certain role in the development of colorectal cancer. The downregulation expression of miR-124 is an independent prognostic factor in patients with colorectal cancer. ..
- Lu Y, Yue X, Cui Y, Zhang J, Wang K. MicroRNA-124 suppresses growth of human hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting STAT3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:873-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show that miR-124 functions as tumor suppressor in HCC by targeting STAT3, and miR-124 may therefore serve as a biomarker for diagnosis and therapeutics in HCC. ..
- Deng X, Ma L, Wu M, Zhang G, Jin C, Guo Y, et al. miR-124 radiosensitizes human glioma cells by targeting CDK4. J Neurooncol. 2013;114:263-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated for the first time that CDK4 was a downstream target of miR-124 and that CDA-2 could radiosensitize Glioblastoma multiforme cells through the MiR-124-CDK4 axis. ..
- Lv Z, Yang L. MiR-124 inhibits the growth of glioblastoma through the downregulation of SOS1. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:345-9 pubmed publisher..This study therefore indicates an important role for miR-124 in the regulation of growth in the molecular etiology of GBM, and offers a potential strategy for the use of miR-124 in cancer treatment. ..
- Feng T, Xu D, Tu C, Li W, Ning Y, Ding J, et al. MiR-124 inhibits cell proliferation in breast cancer through downregulation of CDK4. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5987-97 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that miR-124 functions as a growth-suppressive miRNA and plays an important role in inhibiting tumorigenesis by targeting CDK4. ..
- Xi Z, Xin S, Zhou L, Yuan H, Wang Q, Chen K. Downregulation of rho-associated protein kinase 1 by miR-124 in colorectal cancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:5454-64 pubmed publisher..05). Cells transfected with miR-124 inhibitor showed increased cell proliferation. miR-124 promotes hyperplasia and contributes to invasion of CRC cells, but downregulates ROCK1. ROCK1 and miR-124 may play important roles in CRC. ..
- Wang Y, Wang D, Guo D. MiR-124 Promote Neurogenic Transdifferentiation of Adipose Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Partly through RhoA/ROCK1, but Not ROCK2 Signaling Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0146646 pubmed publisher..These findings provided some fundamental information for future use of ADMSCs as an agent for regenerative medicine and cell therapy for neurological diseases. ..
- Mondanizadeh M, Arefian E, Mosayebi G, Saidijam M, Khansarinejad B, Hashemi S. MicroRNA-124 regulates neuronal differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by targeting Sp1 mRNA. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:943-53 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrated for the first time that miR-124 is able to suppress Sp1 expression, which in turn affected the neuronal differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. ..
- Long Q, Du Y, Liu X, Li X, He D. miR-124 represses FZD5 to attenuate P-glycoprotein-mediated chemo-resistance in renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:7017-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, restoring miR-124 may function as a promising strategy to overcome P-gp-mediated MDR by inhibiting FZD5/PKC signaling. ..
- Xie C, Han Y, Liu Y, Han L, Liu J. miRNA-124 down-regulates SOX8 expression and suppresses cell proliferation in non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:6534-42 pubmed..We also demonstrate miRNA-124 directly targeted and decreased SOX8 in NSCLC cell lines, suggesting smiRNA-124 may regulate NSCLC cell proliferation via decreasing SOX8 (oncogenicity of biomarker in NSCLC). ..
- Manna I, Labate A, Borzì G, Mumoli L, Cavalli S, Sturniolo M, et al. An SNP site in pri-miR-124, a brain expressed miRNA gene, no contribution to mesial temporal lobe epilepsy in an Italian sample. Neurol Sci. 2016;37:1335-9 pubmed publisher..05). Our results demonstrate that this SNP has no major role in genetic susceptibility to MTLE, at least in the population studied here. ..
- Luchting B, Heyn J, Hinske L, Azad S. Expression of miRNA-124a in CD4 Cells Reflects Response to a Multidisciplinary Treatment Program in Patients With Chronic Low Back Pain. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017;42:E226-E233 pubmed publisher..05?±?0.56, P?=?0.007). MiRNA-124a upregulation is associated with therapy response in a multidisciplinary treatment programs and might help to identify more specific and mechanism-based treatment strategies for CLBP. 3. ..
- Lu S, Jiang X, Xiao G, Liu D, Yuan X. miR-124a restoration inhibits glioma cell proliferation and invasion by suppressing IQGAP1 and Î²-catenin. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:2104-10 pubmed publisher..This research may provide a useful molecular therapy for gliomas. ..
- Zhang J, Huang X, Xiao J, Yang Y, Zhou Y, Wang X, et al. Pri-miR-124 rs531564 and pri-miR-34b/c rs4938723 polymorphisms are associated with decreased risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese populations. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100055 pubmed publisher..p = 0.007, OR = 0.82, 95% CI = 0.71-0.95) in Chinese population. The present study provides the first evidence that pri-miR-124-1 rs531564 and pri-miR-34 rs4938723 were associated with the risk of ESCC in Chinese population. ..
- Shi X, Ma A, Xue L, Li M, Nguyen H, Yang J, et al. miR-124 and Androgen Receptor Signaling Inhibitors Repress Prostate Cancer Growth by Downregulating Androgen Receptor Splice Variants, EZH2, and Src. Cancer Res. 2015;75:5309-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results offer a preclinical rationale to evaluate miR-124 for cancer treatment. ..
- Caruso P, Dunmore B, Schlosser K, Schoors S, Dos Santos C, Perez Iratxeta C, et al. Identification of MicroRNA-124 as a Major Regulator of Enhanced Endothelial Cell Glycolysis in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension via PTBP1 (Polypyrimidine Tract Binding Protein) and Pyruvate Kinase M2. Circulation. 2017;136:2451-2467 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the manipulation of this miRNA or its targets could represent a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of PAH. ..
- Gilje P, Gidlöf O, Rundgren M, Cronberg T, Al Mashat M, Olde B, et al. The brain-enriched microRNA miR-124 in plasma predicts neurological outcome after cardiac arrest. Crit Care. 2014;18:R40 pubmed publisher..87 (95% confidence interval (CI)?=?0.79 to 0.96) and 0.89 (95% CI?=?0.80 to 0.97), respectively. The brain-enriched miRNA miR-124 is a promising novel biomarker for prediction of neurological prognosis following cardiac arrest. ..
- Li Z, Wang X, Li W, Wu L, Chang L, Chen H. miRNA-124 modulates lung carcinoma cell migration and invasion. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2016;54:603-12 pubmed publisher..The results suggests that miR-124 inhibits lung cancer cell migration and invasion through suppressing epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and inducing apoptosis of the lung cancer cells. ..
- Li Y, Zhang Z, Liu X, Huang T, He W, Shen Y, et al. miR-124 functions as a tumor suppressor in the endometrial carcinoma cell line HEC-1B partly by suppressing STAT3. Mol Cell Biochem. 2014;388:219-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibition of constitutively activated STAT3 by ectopic expression of miR-124 in EC may provide a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of EC. ..
- Chang Z, Wang Y, Bian L, Liu Q, Long J. Enterovirus 71 antagonizes the antiviral activity of host STAT3 and IL-6R with partial dependence on virus-induced miR-124. J Gen Virol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This suggests that controlling miR-124 and the downstream targets, IL-6R and STAT3, might benefit the antiviral treatment of EV71 infection...
- Hafizi M, Atashi A, Bakhshandeh B, Kabiri M, Nadri S, Hosseini R, et al. MicroRNAs as markers for neurally committed CD133+/CD34+ stem cells derived from human umbilical cord blood. Biochem Genet. 2013;51:175-88 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the prominent therapeutic potential of hematopoietic stem cells for use in cell therapy of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Jin L, Miao J, Liu Y, Li X, Jie Y, Niu Q, et al. Icaritin induces mitochondrial apoptosis by up-regulating miR-124 in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;85:287-295 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first experimental evidence that icaritin induces mitochondrial apoptosis in OSCC cells by upregulating miR-124 and suggest a new mechanism to explain its anti-tumor effects. ..
- Chim C, Wan T, Wong K, Fung T, Drexler H, Wong K. Methylation of miR-34a, miR-34b/c, miR-124-1 and miR-203 in Ph-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms. J Transl Med. 2011;9:197 pubmed publisher..MicroRNA (miR) miR-34a, -34b/c, -124-1 and -203 are tumor suppressor miRs implicated in carcinogenesis...
- Wang B, Guo J, Feng L, Suen C, Fu W, Zhang J, et al. MiR124 suppresses collagen formation of human tendon derived stem cells through targeting egr1. Exp Cell Res. 2016;347:360-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR124 may be a promising therapeutic target for tendon injury. ..
- Li W, Zang W, Liu P, Wang Y, Du Y, Chen X, et al. MicroRNA-124 inhibits cellular proliferation and invasion by targeting Ets-1 in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:10897-904 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that miR-124 and Ets-1 may serve as a therapeutic agent in breast cancer. ..
- Wan H, Li Q, Zhang Y, Tian W, Li Y, Liu M, et al. MiR-124 represses vasculogenic mimicry and cell motility by targeting amotL1 in cervical cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2014;355:148-58 pubmed publisher..We found that miR-124 can repress the EMT process. Together, these results improve our understanding of the function of miR-124 in tumor metastasis and will help to provide new potential target sites for cervical cancer treatment. ..
- Xiao Y, Wang J, Yan W, Zhou Y, Chen Y, Zhou K, et al. Dysregulated miR-124 and miR-200 expression contribute to cholangiocyte proliferation in the cholestatic liver by targeting IL-6/STAT3 signalling. J Hepatol. 2015;62:889-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that downregulation of miR-124 and upregulation of miR-200 collaboratively promote bile duct proliferation through the IL-6/STAT3 pathway. ..
- Luo P, Yang Q, Cong L, Wang X, Li Y, Zhong X, et al. Identification of miRâ€‘124a as a novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in nonâ€‘small cell lung cancer for chemotherapy. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:238-246 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the current study demonstrated that miRâ€‘124a was downregulated in NSCLC, and miRâ€‘124a was a potential prognostic tumor biomarker response to chemotherapy. ..
- Du S, Li H, Sun X, Li D, Yang Y, Tao Z, et al. MicroRNA-124 inhibits cell proliferation and migration by regulating SNAI2 in breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:3259-3266 pubmed publisher..These findings may reveal novel perspectives for clinical treatments against breast cancer. ..
- Ren J, Wang L, Zhao J, Wang L, Ning S, El Gazzar M, et al. Decline of miR-124 in myeloid cells promotes regulatory T-cell development in hepatitis C virus infection. Immunology. 2017;150:213-220 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that reciprocal regulation of miR-124 and STAT-3 in MDSCs promotes Treg cell development, thus uncovering a novel mechanism for the expansion of MDSC and Treg cells during HCV infection. ..
- Dong P, Ihira K, Xiong Y, Watari H, Hanley S, Yamada T, et al. Reactivation of epigenetically silenced miR-124 reverses the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and inhibits invasion in endometrial cancer cells via the direct repression of IQGAP1 expression. Oncotarget. 2016;7:20260-70 pubmed publisher..MiR-124, a novel tumor suppressor miRNA that is epigenetically silenced in EC, can reverse EMT and the invasive properties, by attenuating the expression of the IQGAP1 oncogene. ..
- Marisetty A, Singh S, Nguyen T, Coarfa C, Liu B, Majumder S. REST represses miR-124 and miR-203 to regulate distinct oncogenic properties of glioblastoma stem cells. Neuro Oncol. 2017;19:514-523 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms could potentially be utilized to block REST-mediated GBM tumorigenesis. ..
- Lv X, Jiao Y, Qing Y, Hu H, Cui X, Lin T, et al. miR-124 suppresses multiple steps of breast cancer metastasis by targeting a cohort of pro-metastatic genes in vitro. Chin J Cancer. 2011;30:821-30 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-124 suppresses multiple steps of metastasis by diverse mechanisms in breast cancer cells and suggest a potential application of miR-124 in breast cancer treatment. ..
- Yang Z, Ma H, Wang S, Wang L, Liu T. LAMC1 mRNA promotes malignancy of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by competing for MicroRNA-124 binding with CD151. IUBMB Life. 2017;69:595-605 pubmed publisher..We conclude that LAMC1 mRNA acts as a trans regulator to stimulate CD151 expression by competing for miR-124 binding in HCC cells. Â© 2017 IUBMB Life, 69(8):595-605, 2017. ..
- Tang Y, Yu S, Liu Y, Zhang J, Han L, Xu Z. MicroRNA-124 controls human vascular smooth muscle cell phenotypic switch via Sp1. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H641-H649 pubmed publisher..We first identified miR-124 as a critical regulator in human aortic vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation, proliferation, and phenotype switch by targeting the 3'-untranslated region of specificity protein 1. ..
- Ben Gacem R, Ben Abdelkrim O, Ziadi S, Ben Dhiab M, Trimeche M. Methylation of miR-124a-1, miR-124a-2, and miR-124a-3 genes correlates with aggressive and advanced breast cancer disease. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:4047-56 pubmed publisher..03). Our data indicates that miR-124a-1, miR-124a-2, and miR-124a-3 genes are frequently methylated in breast cancer and play a role in tumor growth and aggressivity. ..
- Daiwile A, Sivanesan S, Izzotti A, Bafana A, Naoghare P, Arrigo P, et al. Noncoding RNAs: Possible Players in the Development of Fluorosis. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:274852 pubmed publisher..Herein, we report miR-124 and miR-155 as the new possible players involved in the development of fluorosis. We show that the alterations in UG dinucleotides and D-box sequences of snoRNAs could be due to NaF exposure. ..
- Wang M, Meng B, Yu J, Chen Q, Liu Y. MiR-124 Inhibits Growth and Enhances Radiation-Induced Apoptosis in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer by Inhibiting STAT3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44:2017-2028 pubmed publisher..Taking these observations into consideration, we illustrated that miR-124 is a potential target for enhancing the radiosensitivity of NSCLC cells by targeting STAT3. ..
- Li W, Wang Y, Gong Y, Tu C, Feng T, Qi C. MicroRNA-124 rs531564 Polymorphism and Cancer Risk: A Meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:7905-9 pubmed..27-0.75, P=0.002) and recessive model (GG vs GC/CC, OR=0.46, 95% CI=0.28-0.75, P=0.002). This meta-analysis suggests that the miR-124 rs531564 C > G polymorphism is an important risk factor for cancers among the Chinese population. ..
- Yin Y, Zhang S, Luo H, Zhang X, Geng G, Li J, et al. Interleukin 7 up-regulates CD95 protein on CD4+ T cells by affecting mRNA alternative splicing: priming for a synergistic effect on HIV-1 reservoir maintenance. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:35-45 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we have demonstrated a novel mechanism for IL-7-mediated maintenance of HIV-1 reservoir. ..
- Chen Z, Liu S, Tian L, Wu M, Ai F, Tang W, et al. miR-124 and miR-506 inhibit colorectal cancer progression by targeting DNMT3B and DNMT1. Oncotarget. 2015;6:38139-50 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide novel avenues for the development of targeted therapies. ..
- Li Q, Qian Z, Wang L. Pri-microRNA-124 rs531564 polymorphism minor allele increases the risk of pulmonary artery hypertension by abnormally enhancing proliferation of pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2017;12:1351-1361 pubmed publisher..41-0.91; P=0.166). In conclusion, the presence of rs531564 minor allele may increase the risk of PAH in COPD by reducing miR-124 expression, increasing GRB2 expression, and promoting the proliferation of PASMCs. ..
- Zhao X, Lu C, Chu W, Zhang B, Zhen Q, Wang R, et al. MicroRNA-124 suppresses proliferation and glycolysis in non-small cell lung cancer cells by targeting AKT-GLUT1/HKII. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317706215 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study demonstrated that miR-124 is able to inhibit proliferation, glycolysis, and energy metabolism, potentially by targeting AKT1/2-glucose transporter 1/hexokinase II in non-small cell lung cancer cells. ..
- Zhou Q, Long L, Zhou T, Tian J, Zhou B. Demethylation of MicroRNA-124a Genes Attenuated Proliferation of Rheumatoid Arthritis Derived Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes and Synthesis of Tumor Necrosis Factor-?. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0164207 pubmed publisher..2% and the TNF-? expression was increased by 19.0% (p = 0.001 and 0.011, respectively). Methylation of miR-124a genes contributed to IL-1?-mediated RA-FLS proliferation and TNF-? expression. ..
- Liu S, Hu C, Wang Y, Shi G, Li Y, Wu H. miR-124 inhibits proliferation and invasion of human retinoblastoma cells by targeting STAT3. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2398-404 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study suggested that miR-124 functioned as tumor suppressor in RB, at least in part, by targeting STAT3, and that it could serve as a potential candidate for RB therapeutics. ..
- Mi J, Chen D, Wu M, Wang W, Gao H. Study of the effect of miR?124 and the SOX9 target gene in Hirschsprung's disease. Mol Med Rep. 2014;9:1839-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that miR-124 and its target gene, SOX9, are overexpressed in the stenotic colon segment of patients with HSCR, and may have a significant role in the development of HSCR. ..
- Liu Y, Huang X, Timani K, Broxmeyer H, He J. MicroRNA-124 Targets Tip110 Expression and Regulates Hematopoiesis. Stem Cells Dev. 2015;24:2009-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrates that miR-124 regulates Tip110 expression and differentiation of human cord blood CD34(+) cells and suggests important roles of miR-124/Tip110 in hematopoiesis. ..
- Zhou Q, Long L, Shi G, Zhang J, Wu T, Zhou B. Research of the methylation status of miR-124a gene promoter among rheumatoid arthritis patients. Clin Dev Immunol. 2013;2013:524204 pubmed publisher..The methylation status of miR-124a seen in this study concurs with that reported in tumor cells, indicating epigenetic dysregulation constituents, a mechanism in the development of rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Wang W, Wang X, Chen L, Zhang Y, Xu Z, Liu J, et al. The microRNA miR-124 suppresses seizure activity and regulates CREB1 activity. Expert Rev Mol Med. 2016;18:e4 pubmed publisher..These results revealed a previously unknown function of miR-124 in neuronal excitability and provided a new insight into molecular mechanisms underlying epilepsy. ..
- Tivnan A, Zhao J, Johns T, Day B, Stringer B, Boyd A, et al. The tumor suppressor microRNA, miR-124a, is regulated by epigenetic silencing and by the transcriptional factor, REST in glioblastoma. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:1459-65 pubmed publisher..Preclinical studies involving inhibitors of REST and treatment with demethylating agents with the intent to increase miR-124a levels could be interesting. ..
- Hu C, Li Q, Hu J, Zhang Q, Xie J, Deng L. miR-124 inhibits growth and invasion of gastric cancer by targeting ROCK1. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:6543-6 pubmed..Together, our data demonstrate that miR-124 acts as a tumor suppressor by targeting ROCK1, and posit miR-124 as a novel strategy for GC treatment. ..
- Zou L, Zhang G, Liu L, Chen C, Cao X, Cai J. A MicroRNA-124 Polymorphism is Associated with Fracture Healing via Modulating BMP6 Expression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2161-2170 pubmed publisher..These data proved the expression of miR-124-3p was associated with the healing of metaphyseal fracture of distal tibia, and could be recognized as a biomarker to predict the healing of metaphyseal fracture of distal tibia. ..
- Zhao Z, Ma X, Hsiao T, Lin G, Kosti A, Yu X, et al. A high-content morphological screen identifies novel microRNAs that regulate neuroblastoma cell differentiation. Oncotarget. 2014;5:2499-512 pubmed..Further investigations are certainly warranted to fully characterize the function of the identified microRNAs in order to eventually benefit neuroblastoma therapy. ..
- Ciccacci C, Politi C, Biancone L, Latini A, Novelli G, Calabrese E, et al. Polymorphisms in MIR122, MIR196A2, and MIR124A Genes are Associated with Clinical Phenotypes in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Mol Diagn Ther. 2017;21:107-114 pubmed publisher..Polymorphisms in the MIR122, MIR499, MIR146A, MIR196A2, and MIR124A genes were evaluated by allelic discrimination assay...
- Hu F, Cao X, Xu Q, Deng Y, Lai S, Ma J, et al. miR-124 modulates gefitinib resistance through SNAI2 and STAT3 in non-small cell lung cancer. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2016;36:839-845 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the miR-124 plays a new critical role in acquired resistance to gefitinib and that the manipulation of miR-124 might provide a therapeutic strategy for reversing acquired gefitinib resistance. ..
- Chandrasekar V, Dreyer J. Regulation of MiR-124, Let-7d, and MiR-181a in the accumbens affects the expression, extinction, and reinstatement of cocaine-induced conditioned place preference. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:1149-64 pubmed publisher..Our results describe a complex regulatory pathway mediated by miRNAs in cocaine-mediated neuronal adaptations. ..
- Wang D, Zhang H, Li M, Frid M, Flockton A, McKeon B, et al. MicroRNA-124 controls the proliferative, migratory, and inflammatory phenotype of pulmonary vascular fibroblasts. Circ Res. 2014;114:67-78 pubmed publisher..In culture, fibroblasts maintain a similar activated phenotype. The mechanisms responsible for generation/maintenance of this phenotype remain unknown...
- Sato S, Ichihara A, Jinnin M, Izuno Y, Fukushima S, Ihn H. Serum miR-124 up-regulation as a disease marker of toxic epidermal necrolysis. Eur J Dermatol. 2015;25:457-62 pubmed publisher..The expression of miR-214 was significantly increased in the skin of TEN. The serum miR-124 concentration can be used as a disease activity marker for severe drug eruptions, reflecting the severity of keratinocyte apoptosis. ..
- Heyn J, Luchting B, Hinske L, HÃ¼bner M, Azad S, Kreth S. miR-124a and miR-155 enhance differentiation of regulatory T cells in patients with neuropathic pain. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:248 pubmed publisher..Deciphering miRNA-target interactions that influence inflammatory pathways in neuropathic pain may contribute to the discovery of new roads towards pain amelioration. German Clinical Trial Register DRKS00005954. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang Q, Li H, Ye T, Gao F, Liu Y. miR-124 radiosensitizes human esophageal cancer cell TE-1 by targeting CDK4. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..Taken together, we illustrate that the miR-124/CDK4 axis plays an important role in radiation sensitivity of human esophageal cancer cells by targeting CDK4. ..
- Lin J, Horikawa Y, Tamboli P, Clague J, Wood C, Wu X. Genetic variations in microRNA-related genes are associated with survival and recurrence in patients with renal cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1805-12 pubmed publisher..Future investigation in larger populations and functional characterizations are necessary to validate these results. ..
- Tian F, Chen J, Zheng S, Li D, Zhao X, Jiang P, et al. miR-124 targets GATA6 to suppress cholangiocarcinoma cell invasion and metastasis. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:175 pubmed publisher..GATA6 expression was decreased by miR-124 overexpression in liver masses from nude mice. Our data suggested that miR-124 decreases GATA6 expression by targeting its 3'-UTR, which in turn inhibits CCA invasion and metastasis. ..
- Zhang M, Piao L, Datta J, Lang J, Xie X, Teknos T, et al. miR-124 Regulates the Epithelial-Restricted with Serine Box/Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling Axis in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015;14:2313-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our work provides intriguing evidence that miR-124 is a novel therapeutic approach to reduce ESX/EGFR, and may be a tractable strategy to enhance the response rate of HNSCC patients to current anti-EGFR/Her2 therapies. ..