Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR122
Description: microRNA 122
Alias: MIR122A, MIRN122, MIRN122A, hsa-mir-122, miRNA122, miRNA122A
- Kutay H, Bai S, Datta J, Motiwala T, Pogribny I, Frankel W, et al. Downregulation of miR-122 in the rodent and human hepatocellular carcinomas. J Cell Biochem. 2006;99:671-8 pubmed..013) reduced in 10 out of 20 tumors compared to the pair-matched control tissues. These findings suggest that the downregulation of miR-122 is associated with hepatocarcinogenesis and could be a potential biomarker for liver cancers. ..
- Sarasin Filipowicz M, Krol J, Markiewicz I, Heim M, Filipowicz W. Decreased levels of microRNA miR-122 in individuals with hepatitis C responding poorly to interferon therapy. Nat Med. 2009;15:31-3 pubmed publisher..These data have implications for the prospect of targeting miRNAs for CHC therapy. ..
- Zhang C, Huys A, Thibault P, Wilson J. Requirements for human Dicer and TRBP in microRNA-122 regulation of HCV translation and RNA abundance. Virology. 2012;433:479-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, canonical miRNA processing and strand selection is essential for the activity of miR-122 on HCV translation and RNA accumulation. ..
- Liu A, Xu Z, Shek F, Wong K, Lee N, Poon R, et al. miR-122 targets pyruvate kinase M2 and affects metabolism of hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86872 pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated the regulatory role of miR-122 on PKM2 in HCC, having an implication of therapeutic intervention targeting cancer metabolic pathways. ..
- Xu J, Zhu X, Wu L, Yang R, Yang Z, Wang Q, et al. MicroRNA-122 suppresses cell proliferation and induces cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma by directly targeting Wnt/?-catenin pathway. Liver Int. 2012;32:752-60 pubmed publisher..05). MiR-122 expression is down-regulated in human HCC. Over-expression of miR-122 inhibits HCC cell growth and promotes the cell apoptosis by affecting Wnt/?-catenin-TCF signalling pathway. ..
- Jopling C. Regulation of hepatitis C virus by microRNA-122. Biochem Soc Trans. 2008;36:1220-3 pubmed publisher..The binding site requirements for miR-122 to positively regulate HCV replication provide an insight into this unusual mode of miRNA action. ..
- Waidmann O, Köberle V, Brunner F, Zeuzem S, Piiper A, Kronenberger B. Serum microRNA-122 predicts survival in patients with liver cirrhosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45652 pubmed publisher..Serum miR-122 is a new independent marker for prediction of survival of patients with liver cirrhosis. ..
- Li J, Ghazwani M, Zhang Y, Lu J, Li J, Fan J, et al. miR-122 regulates collagen production via targeting hepatic stellate cells and suppressing P4HA1 expression. J Hepatol. 2013;58:522-8 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that miR-122 may play an important role in negatively regulating collagen production in HSCs and that targeted expression of miR-122 in HSCs may represent a new strategy for the treatment of liver fibrosis. ..
- Jangra R, Yi M, Lemon S. Regulation of hepatitis C virus translation and infectious virus production by the microRNA miR-122. J Virol. 2010;84:6615-25 pubmed publisher..miR-122 is thus likely to act at an additional step in the virus life cycle. ..
- Doddapaneni R, Chawla Y, Das A, Kalra J, Ghosh S, Chakraborti A. Overexpression of microRNA-122 enhances in vitro hepatic differentiation of fetal liver-derived stem/progenitor cells. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:1575-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the study delineated the role of hepato-specific miR-122 in differentiation of fetal liver stem/progenitor cells into hepatocyte-like cells which could be used as a therapeutic target molecule to generate abundant hepatocytes. ..
- Ma L, Liu J, Shen J, Liu L, Wu J, Li W, et al. Expression of miR-122 mediated by adenoviral vector induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest of cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2010;9:554-61 pubmed..We generated a recombinant adenoviral vector expressing miR-122 (Ad-miR122). The miR-122 expression was measured by quantitative Real-Time PCR (qRT-PCR)...
- Li C, Wang Y, Wang S, Wu B, Hao J, Fan H, et al. Hepatitis B virus mRNA-mediated miR-122 inhibition upregulates PTTG1-binding protein, which promotes hepatocellular carcinoma tumor growth and cell invasion. J Virol. 2013;87:2193-205 pubmed publisher..Our work underscores the reciprocal interplay of host miRNA sequestration and depletion by viral mRNAs, which may contribute to chronic-infection-related cancer. ..
- D Ambrogio A, Gu W, Udagawa T, Mello C, Richter J. Specific miRNA stabilization by Gld2-catalyzed monoadenylation. Cell Rep. 2012;2:1537-45 pubmed publisher..These results establish a mechanism of miRNA stability and resulting posttranscriptional gene regulation. ..
- Xu J, Wu C, Che X, Wang L, Yu D, Zhang T, et al. Circulating microRNAs, miR-21, miR-122, and miR-223, in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma or chronic hepatitis. Mol Carcinog. 2011;50:136-42 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that serum miR-21, miR-122 and miR-223 are elevated in patients with HCC or chronic hepatitis and these miRNAs have strong potential to serve as novel biomarkers for liver injury but not specifically for HCC. ..
- Norman K, Sarnow P. Modulation of hepatitis C virus RNA abundance and the isoprenoid biosynthesis pathway by microRNA miR-122 involves distinct mechanisms. J Virol. 2010;84:666-70 pubmed publisher..Loss of HCV RNA could not be restored by isoprenoid intermediate metabolites. Overall, these findings suggest that miR-122 modulates viral RNA abundance independently of its effect on isoprenoid metabolism. ..
- Coulouarn C, Factor V, Andersen J, Durkin M, Thorgeirsson S. Loss of miR-122 expression in liver cancer correlates with suppression of the hepatic phenotype and gain of metastatic properties. Oncogene. 2009;28:3526-36 pubmed publisher..From a clinical point of view, our study emphasizes miR-122 as a diagnostic and prognostic marker for HCC progression. ..
- Shimakami T, Yamane D, Jangra R, Kempf B, Spaniel C, Barton D, et al. Stabilization of hepatitis C virus RNA by an Ago2-miR-122 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:941-6 pubmed publisher..miR-122 thus acts in an unconventional fashion to stabilize HCV RNA and slow its decay, expanding the repertoire of mechanisms by which miRNAs modulate gene expression. ..
- Tsai W, Hsu P, Lai T, Chau G, Lin C, Chen C, et al. MicroRNA-122, a tumor suppressor microRNA that regulates intrahepatic metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology. 2009;49:1571-82 pubmed publisher..Using the concomitant down-regulation of its targets, including ADAM17, a rational therapeutic strategy based on miR-122 may prove to be beneficial for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Wang S, Qiu L, Yan X, Jin W, Wang Y, Chen L, et al. Loss of microRNA 122 expression in patients with hepatitis B enhances hepatitis B virus replication through cyclin G(1) -modulated P53 activity. Hepatology. 2012;55:730-41 pubmed publisher..Our work shows that miR-122 down-regulation induced by HBV infection can impact HBV replication and possibly contribute to viral persistence and carcinogenesis. ..
- Yoshikawa T, Takata A, Otsuka M, Kishikawa T, Kojima K, Yoshida H, et al. Silencing of microRNA-122 enhances interferon-? signaling in the liver through regulating SOCS3 promoter methylation. Sci Rep. 2012;2:637 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of microRNA-122 (miR122) significantly suppressed ISRE activity...
- Li A, Song W, Qian J, Li Y, He J, Zhang Q, et al. MiR-122 modulates type I interferon expression through blocking suppressor of cytokine signaling 1. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:858-65 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the nt359-nt375 region abandoned the impact of miR-122 on SOCS1-EGFP expression. Taken together, SOCS1 is a target of miR-122. MiR-122 can regulate the type I IFN expression through modulating the SOCS1 expression. ..
- Fornari F, Gramantieri L, Giovannini C, Veronese A, Ferracin M, Sabbioni S, et al. MiR-122/cyclin G1 interaction modulates p53 activity and affects doxorubicin sensitivity of human hepatocarcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5761-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a basis toward the development of combined chemo- and miRNA-based therapy for HCC treatment. ..
- Li Y, Masaki T, Yamane D, McGivern D, Lemon S. Competing and noncompeting activities of miR-122 and the 5' exonuclease Xrn1 in regulation of hepatitis C virus replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:1881-6 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, Xrn1 knockdown does not rescue replication of a viral mutant defective in miR-122 binding, indicating that miR-122 has additional yet uncharacterized function(s) in the viral life cycle. ..
- Marquez R, Bandyopadhyay S, Wendlandt E, Keck K, Hoffer B, Icardi M, et al. Correlation between microRNA expression levels and clinical parameters associated with chronic hepatitis C viral infection in humans. Lab Invest. 2010;90:1727-36 pubmed publisher..We found that miR-21 enhanced TGF-? signaling, further supporting a relationship between miR-21 and fibrosis. We suggest a model in which miR-21 targeting of SMAD7 could increase TGF-? signaling, leading to increased fibrogenesis. ..
- Boutz D, Collins P, Suresh U, Lu M, Ramírez C, Fernandez Hernando C, et al. Two-tiered approach identifies a network of cancer and liver disease-related genes regulated by miR-122. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18066-78 pubmed publisher..Additional analyses, including examination of consensus binding motifs for both miR-122 and target sequences, provide further insight into miR-122 function. ..
- Burns D, D Ambrogio A, Nottrott S, Richter J. CPEB and two poly(A) polymerases control miR-122 stability and p53 mRNA translation. Nature. 2011;473:105-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, translational regulation of p53 mRNA and cellular senescence is coordinated by Gld2/miR-122/CPEB/Gld4. ..
- Yang F, Zhang L, Wang F, Wang Y, Huo X, Yin Y, et al. Modulation of the unfolded protein response is the core of microRNA-122-involved sensitivity to chemotherapy in hepatocellular carcinoma. Neoplasia. 2011;13:590-600 pubmed..We identified a new HCC therapeutic target and proclaimed the potential risk of the therapeutic use of miR-122 silencing. ..
- Köberle V, Kronenberger B, Pleli T, Trojan J, Imelmann E, Peveling Oberhag J, et al. Serum microRNA-1 and microRNA-122 are prognostic markers in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3442-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that serum miR-1 is a new independent parameter of OS in HCC patients and may therefore improve the predictive value of classical HCC staging scores. ..
- Burchard J, Zhang C, Liu A, Poon R, Lee N, Wong K, et al. microRNA-122 as a regulator of mitochondrial metabolic gene network in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Syst Biol. 2010;6:402 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-122 regulates mitochondrial metabolism and its loss may be detrimental to sustaining critical liver function and contribute to morbidity and mortality of liver cancer patients. ..
- Morita K, Taketomi A, Shirabe K, Umeda K, Kayashima H, Ninomiya M, et al. Clinical significance and potential of hepatic microRNA-122 expression in hepatitis C. Liver Int. 2011;31:474-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, miR-122, by itself, is not a critical molecular target for HCV therapy. MiR-122 expression is inversely correlated with both functional and histopathological liver damage. ..
- Henke J, Goergen D, Zheng J, Song Y, Schüttler C, Fehr C, et al. microRNA-122 stimulates translation of hepatitis C virus RNA. EMBO J. 2008;27:3300-10 pubmed publisher..miR-122 stimulates HCV translation by enhancing the association of ribosomes with the viral RNA at an early initiation stage. In conclusion, the liver-specific miR-122 may contribute to HCV liver tropism at the level of translation. ..
- Shan Y, Zheng J, Lambrecht R, Bonkovsky H. Reciprocal effects of micro-RNA-122 on expression of heme oxygenase-1 and hepatitis C virus genes in human hepatocytes. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:1166-74 pubmed..Down-regulation of miR-122 and up-regulation of HO-1 may be new strategies for anti-HCV intervention and cytoprotection. ..
- Gramantieri L, Ferracin M, Fornari F, Veronese A, Sabbioni S, Liu C, et al. Cyclin G1 is a target of miR-122a, a microRNA frequently down-regulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6092-9 pubmed..These results indicate that cyclin G1 is a target of miR-122a and expand our knowledge of the molecular alterations involved in HCC pathogenesis and of the role of miRNAs in human cancer. ..
- Chang J, Guo J, Jiang D, Guo H, Taylor J, Block T. Liver-specific microRNA miR-122 enhances the replication of hepatitis C virus in nonhepatic cells. J Virol. 2008;82:8215-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that although miR-122 is not absolutely required, it greatly enhances HCV replication in nonhepatic cells. ..
- Wilson J, Zhang C, Huys A, Richardson C. Human Ago2 is required for efficient microRNA 122 regulation of hepatitis C virus RNA accumulation and translation. J Virol. 2011;85:2342-50 pubmed publisher..These data support a model in which miR-122 functions within an Ago2-containing protein complex to augment both HCV RNA accumulation and translation. ..
- Lin C, Gong H, Tseng H, Wang W, Wu J. miR-122 targets an anti-apoptotic gene, Bcl-w, in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;375:315-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Bcl-w is a direct target of miR-122 that functions as an endogenous apoptosis regulator in these HCC-derived cell lines. ..
- John K, Hadem J, Krech T, Wahl K, Manns M, Dooley S, et al. MicroRNAs play a role in spontaneous recovery from acute liver failure. Hepatology. 2014;60:1346-55 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies will show whether serological detection of those miRNAs might be of prognostic value to predict ALF outcome. ..
- Beltrami C, Besnier M, Shantikumar S, Shearn A, Rajakaruna C, Laftah A, et al. Human Pericardial Fluid Contains Exosomes Enriched with Cardiovascular-Expressed MicroRNAs and Promotes Therapeutic Angiogenesis. Mol Ther. 2017;25:679-693 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data support the concept that PF exosomes orchestrate vascular repair via miRNA transfer. ..
- Nasheri N, Singaravelu R, Goodmurphy M, Lyn R, Pezacki J. Competing roles of microRNA-122 recognition elements in hepatitis C virus RNA. Virology. 2011;410:336-44 pubmed publisher..These data have important implications in elucidating the mechanism of interaction between microRNA-122 and HCV RNA. ..
- Roderburg C, Benz F, Vargas Cardenas D, Koch A, Janssen J, Vucur M, et al. Elevated miR-122 serum levels are an independent marker of liver injury in inflammatory diseases. Liver Int. 2015;35:1172-84 pubmed publisher..In mice and humans, miR-122 levels represent an independent and potent marker of ongoing liver injury and hepatic cell death regardless of the underlying disease. ..
- Wang R, Hong J, Cao Y, Shi J, Gu W, Ning G, et al. Elevated circulating microRNA-122 is associated with obesity and insulin resistance in young adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2015;172:291-300 pubmed publisher..007, P=0.028). Elevated circulating miR-122 is positively associated with obesity and insulin resistance in young adults. These findings provide a better understanding regarding the role of miRNAs in adiposity and insulin sensitivity. ..
- Jiang Y, Wang H, Li Y, Guo S, Zhang L, Cai J, et al. Peripheral blood miRNAs as a biomarker for chronic cardiovascular diseases. Sci Rep. 2014;4:5026 pubmed publisher..Integrating specific pattern of miRNA levels with NT-pro-BNP and/or cardiac troponin may improve the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Rivkin M, Simerzin A, Zorde Khvalevsky E, Chai C, Yuval J, Rosenberg N, et al. Inflammation-Induced Expression and Secretion of MicroRNA 122 Leads to Reduced Blood Levels of Kidney-Derived Erythropoietin and Anemia. Gastroenterology. 2016;151:999-1010.e3 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether microRNA 122 (MIR122), which is generated in the liver and is secreted into the blood, is involved in the development of anemia ..
- Shifeng H, Danni W, Pu C, Ping Y, Ju C, Liping Z. Circulating liver-specific miR-122 as a novel potential biomarker for diagnosis of cholestatic liver injury. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73133 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that serum miR-122 has strong potential as a novel, specific and noninvasive biomarker for diagnosis of cholestasis-induced liver injury. ..
- Wei S, Zhang M, Yu Y, Xue H, Lan X, Liu S, et al. HNF-4? regulated miR-122 contributes to development of gluconeogenesis and lipid metabolism disorders in Type 2 diabetic mice and in palmitate-treated HepG2 cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;791:254-263 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that HNF-4? regulated miR-122 contributes to development of the gluconeogenic and lipid metabolism alterations observed in Type 2 diabetic mice and in palmitate-treated HepG2 cells. ..
- Demerdash H, Hussien H, Hassouna E, Arida E. Detection of MicroRNA in Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Hepatitis C Genotype-4 in Egyptian Patients. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:1806069 pubmed publisher..Moreover, miR-21 can be used as a potential biomarker, for early detection of HCC combined with VEGF and Î±-FP. ..
- Li B, Lu Y, Yu L, Han X, Wang H, Mao J, et al. miR-221/222 promote cancer stem-like cell properties and tumor growth of breast cancer via targeting PTEN and sustained Akt/NF-?B/COX-2 activation. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:33-42 pubmed publisher..MiR-221/222 might represent the potential target of breast cancer therapy. ..
- Chen Y, Wang C, Liu Y, Tang L, Zheng M, Xu C, et al. miR-122 targets NOD2 to decrease intestinal epithelial cell injury in Crohn's disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:133-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that miR-122 and its target gene NOD2 may play an important role in the injury of intestinal epithelial cells induced by LPS. ..
- Wu X, Wu S, Tong L, Luan T, Lin L, Lu S, et al. miR-122 affects the viability and apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2009;44:1332-9 pubmed publisher..The absence of miR-122 expression in HepG2 cells was due to the loss of the miR-122 coding sequence in chromosome 18. These results imply that aberrant expression of miR-122 may contribute to hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Fukuhara T, Kambara H, Shiokawa M, Ono C, Katoh H, Morita E, et al. Expression of microRNA miR-122 facilitates an efficient replication in nonhepatic cells upon infection with hepatitis C virus. J Virol. 2012;86:7918-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, although miR-122 facilitates efficient viral replication in nonhepatic cells, factors other than miR-122, which are most likely specific to hepatocytes, are required for HCV assembly. ..
- Iino I, Kikuchi H, Miyazaki S, Hiramatsu Y, Ohta M, Kamiya K, et al. Effect of miR-122 and its target gene cationic amino acid transporter 1 on colorectal liver metastasis. Cancer Sci. 2013;104:624-30 pubmed publisher..Expression of CAT1 in the primary CRC has the potential to be a novel biomarker to predict the risk of postoperative liver metastasis of CRC patients. ..
- Falcon Perez J, Royo F. Circulating RNA: looking at the liver through a frosted glass. Biomarkers. 2015;20:339-54 pubmed publisher..We highlight those circulating RNAs useful to diagnostic, and discuss the transport mechanisms. Several studies have proven that circulating RNAs are useful to establish a diagnostic and a prognosis of liver diseases. ..
- Diao S, Zhang J, Wang H, He M, Lin M, Chen Y, et al. Proteomic identification of microRNA-122a target proteins in hepatocellular carcinoma. Proteomics. 2010;10:3723-31 pubmed publisher..Luciferase reporter assay confirmed the regulation of miR-122a on 5'-UTR of PRDXII. In conclusion, PRDXII was identified to be the new target of miR-122a. ..
- Yu Y, Scheel T, Luna J, Chung H, Nishiuchi E, Scull M, et al. miRNA independent hepacivirus variants suggest a strong evolutionary pressure to maintain miR-122 dependence. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006694 pubmed publisher..We propose that hepaciviruses may use this mechanism to guarantee liver tropism and exploit the tolerogenic liver environment to avoid clearance and promote chronicity. ..
- Wang B, Wang H, Yang Z. MiR-122 inhibits cell proliferation and tumorigenesis of breast cancer by targeting IGF1R. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47053 pubmed publisher..Given these, miR-122 may serve as a novel therapeutic or diagnostic/prognostic-target for treating BC. ..
- Kumar S, Batra A, Kanthaje S, Ghosh S, Chakraborti A. Crosstalk between microRNA-122 and FOX family genes in HepG2 cells. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:436-440 pubmed publisher..005) and that of FOXO4 was upregulated (p?<?0.005). Thus, the finding indicates deregulation of these FOX genes as a result of miR-122 augmentation might be involved in the modulation of apoptosis. ..
- Wilson J, Sagan S. Hepatitis C virus and human miR-122: insights from the bench to the clinic. Curr Opin Virol. 2014;7:11-8 pubmed publisher..We will discuss what has been learned about this important interaction to date, provide insights into how miR-122 is able to modulate HCV RNA accumulation, and how miR-122 might be exploited for antiviral intervention. ..
- Wang G, Zhao Y, Zheng Y. MiR-122/Wnt/?-catenin regulatory circuitry sustains glioma progression. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:8565-72 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we revealed that there is a miR-122/Wnt/?-catenin regulatory circuitry existing in glioma cells that contributes to glioma progression. ..
- Wei S, Zhang M, Yu Y, Lan X, Yao F, Yan X, et al. Berberine Attenuates Development of the Hepatic Gluconeogenesis and Lipid Metabolism Disorder in Type 2 Diabetic Mice and in Palmitate-Incubated HepG2 Cells through Suppression of the HNF-4Î± miR122 Pathway. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0152097 pubmed publisher..or treatment of PA-incubated HepG2 cells for 24 h with BBR decreased expression of HNF-4Î± and the microRNA miR122, the key gluconeogenesis enzymes Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) and Glucose-6-phosphatase (G6Pase) and ..
- McCrae J, Sharkey N, Webb D, Vliegenthart A, Dear J. Ethanol consumption produces a small increase in circulating miR-122 in healthy individuals. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2016;54:53-5 pubmed publisher..As increases with acetaminophen toxicity are 100- to 10 000-fold, moderate ethanol intoxication is unlikely to confound the use of this biomarker of hepatotoxicity. ..
- Zhang Y, Sturgis E, Sun Y, Sun C, Wei Q, Huang Z, et al. A functional variant at miRNA-122 binding site in IL-1Î± 3' UTR predicts risk and HPV-positive tumours of oropharyngeal cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2015;51:1415-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-1Î± 3' UTR rs3783553 polymorphism may be functional and influence susceptibility to HPV16-associated OSCC, particularly for SCCOP. Validation of our findings is warranted. ..
- Fong M, Zhou W, Liu L, Alontaga A, Chandra M, Ashby J, et al. Breast-cancer-secreted miR-122 reprograms glucose metabolism in premetastatic niche to promote metastasis. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:183-94 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that, by modifying glucose utilization by recipient premetastatic niche cells, cancer-derived extracellular miR-122 is able to reprogram systemic energy metabolism to facilitate disease progression. ..
- Ono C, Fukuhara T, Motooka D, Nakamura S, Okuzaki D, Yamamoto S, et al. Characterization of miR-122-independent propagation of HCV. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006374 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the emergence of HCV mutants that can propagate in non-hepatic cells in an miR-122-independent manner may participate in the induction of extrahepatic manifestations in chronic hepatitis C patients. ..
- Duan A, Ning L, Li C, Hou Y, Yang N, Sun L, et al. A novel strategy to inhibit the reproduction and translation of hepatitis C virus. Sci China Life Sci. 2013;56:293-7 pubmed publisher..This study presents a new method to inhibit HCV that may hold great potential for HCV treatment in the future. ..
- Choe J, Cho H, Lee H, Kim Y. microRNA/Argonaute 2 regulates nonsense-mediated messenger RNA decay. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:380-6 pubmed publisher..The regulation of NMD by miRNAs will shed light on a new post-transcriptional regulation mechanism of gene expression in mammalian cells. ..
- Guo Z, Wu R, Gong J, Zhu W, Li Y, Wang Z, et al. Altered microRNA expression in inflamed and non-inflamed terminal ileal mucosa of adult patients with active Crohn's disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015;30:109-16 pubmed publisher..Both inflamed and non-inflamed terminal ileal mucosa in adult patients with active CD have their distinct miRNA expression patterns compared with healthy controls. Dysregulated miRNAs may be responsible for pathogenesis of CD. ..
- Naderi M, Pazouki A, Arefian E, Hashemi S, Jamshidi Adegani F, Gholamalamdari O, et al. Two Triacylglycerol Pathway Genes, CTDNEP1 and LPIN1, are Down-Regulated by hsa-miR-122-5p in Hepatocytes. Arch Iran Med. 2017;20:165-171 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that up-regulation of miR-122 can trigger the compensatory response of LPIN1 and CTDNEP1 in hepatosteatosis. ..
- Fan Y, Ma X, Li H, Gao Y, Huang Q, Zhang Y, et al. miR-122 promotes metastasis of clear-cell renal cell carcinoma by downregulating Dicer. Int J Cancer. 2018;142:547-560 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role of the miR-122/Dicer/miR-200s/EMT pathway in ccRCC metastasis. Furthermore, miR-122 may serve as a biomarker for discriminating ccRCC with metastatic potential. ..
- Pirola C, Fernandez Gianotti T, Castano G, Mallardi P, San Martino J, Mora Gonzalez Lopez Ledesma M, et al. Circulating microRNA signature in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: from serum non-coding RNAs to liver histology and disease pathogenesis. Gut. 2015;64:800-12 pubmed publisher..NAFLD has a distinguishing circulating miRNA profile associated with a global dysmetabolic disease state and cardiovascular risk. ..