Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR10B
Description: microRNA 10b
Alias: MIRN10B, hsa-mir-10b, miRNA10B, mir-10b
- Biagioni F, Bossel Ben Moshe N, Fontemaggi G, Canu V, Mori F, Antoniani B, et al. miR-10b*, a master inhibitor of the cell cycle, is down-regulated in human breast tumours. EMBO Mol Med. 2012;4:1214-29 pubmed publisher..This also suggests that restoration of microRNA-10b* expression might have therapeutic promise. ..
- Guessous F, Alvarado Velez M, Marcinkiewicz L, Zhang Y, Kim J, Heister S, et al. Oncogenic effects of miR-10b in glioblastoma stem cells. J Neurooncol. 2013;112:153-63 pubmed publisher..Targeting miR-10b might therefore inhibit glioblastoma stem cells, which are thought to be at the origin of glioblastoma and to contribute its recurrence and resistance to therapy. ..
- Sun L, Yan W, Wang Y, Sun G, Luo H, Zhang J, et al. MicroRNA-10b induces glioma cell invasion by modulating MMP-14 and uPAR expression via HOXD10. Brain Res. 2011;1389:9-18 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, glioma cells lost their invasive ability when treated with specific antisense oligonucleotides (miR-10b inhibitors), suggesting that miR-10b could be used as a new bio-target to cure glioma. ..
- Pizzini S, Bisognin A, Mandruzzato S, Biasiolo M, Facciolli A, Perilli L, et al. Impact of microRNAs on regulatory networks and pathways in human colorectal carcinogenesis and development of metastasis. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:589 pubmed publisher..Using a large dataset of CRC miRNA and gene expression profiles, we describe the interplay of miRNA groups in regulating gene expression, which in turn affects modulated pathways that are important for tumor development. ..
- Li G, Wu Z, Peng Y, Liu X, Lu J, Wang L, et al. MicroRNA-10b induced by Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein-1 promotes the metastasis of human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Cancer Lett. 2010;299:29-36 pubmed publisher..More importantly, miR-10b over-expression promoted the metastasis of NPC and accelerated the death of tumor-bearing nude mice. These findings strongly suggest that miR-10b positively regulates the metastasis of NPC...
- Ouyang H, Gore J, Deitz S, Korc M. microRNA-10b enhances pancreatic cancer cell invasion by suppressing TIP30 expression and promoting EGF and TGF-? actions. Oncogene. 2014;33:4664-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, therapeutic targeting of miR-10b in PDAC may interrupt growth-promoting deleterious EGF-TGF-? interactions and antagonize the metastatic process at various levels. ..
- Tsukerman P, Stern Ginossar N, Gur C, Glasner A, Nachmani D, Bauman Y, et al. MiR-10b downregulates the stress-induced cell surface molecule MICB, a critical ligand for cancer cell recognition by natural killer cells. Cancer Res. 2012;72:5463-72 pubmed publisher..Together, our results define MICB as a novel immune target of miR-10b, implying a direct link between metastasis capability and immune escape from NK cells. ..
- Sasayama T, Nishihara M, Kondoh T, Hosoda K, Kohmura E. MicroRNA-10b is overexpressed in malignant glioma and associated with tumor invasive factors, uPAR and RhoC. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:1407-13 pubmed publisher..Finally, multifocal lesions on enhanced MRI of 7 malignant gliomas were associated with higher expression levels of miR-10b (p = 0.02). Our data indicated that miR-10b might play some role in the invasion of glioma cells. ..
- Nishida N, Yamashita S, Mimori K, Sudo T, Tanaka F, Shibata K, et al. MicroRNA-10b is a prognostic indicator in colorectal cancer and confers resistance to the chemotherapeutic agent 5-fluorouracil in colorectal cancer cells. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:3065-71 pubmed publisher..MiR-10b is a novel prognostic marker in colorectal cancer. Moreover, the expression of miR-10b is a potential indicator of chemosensitivity to the common 5-FU-based chemotherapy regimen. ..
- Meseguer S, Mudduluru G, Escamilla J, Allgayer H, Barettino D. MicroRNAs-10a and -10b contribute to retinoic acid-induced differentiation of neuroblastoma cells and target the alternative splicing regulatory factor SFRS1 (SF2/ASF). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4150-64 pubmed publisher..The discovery of SFRS1 as direct target of miR-10a and -10b supports the emerging functional interaction between two post-transcriptional mechanisms, microRNAs and splicing, in the neuronal differentiation context. ..
- Chen W, Cai F, Zhang B, Barekati Z, Zhong X. The level of circulating miRNA-10b and miRNA-373 in detecting lymph node metastasis of breast cancer: potential biomarkers. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:455-62 pubmed publisher..3 %. Our data suggest that circulating miRNA-10b and miRNA-373 are potential biomarkers for detecting the lymph node status of breast cancer. ..
- Han X, Yan S, Weijie Z, Feng W, Liuxing W, Mengquan L, et al. Critical role of miR-10b in transforming growth factor-?1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer. Cancer Gene Ther. 2014;21:60-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrated a novel function for miR-10b in TGF-?1-induced EMT in breast cancer and increased their metastatic potential. MiR-10b might become a possible target for gene therapy in breast cancer. ..
- Gabriely G, Yi M, Narayan R, Niers J, Wurdinger T, Imitola J, et al. Human glioma growth is controlled by microRNA-10b. Cancer Res. 2011;71:3563-72 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our experiments validate an important role of miR-10b in gliomagenesis, reveal a novel mechanism of miR-10b-mediated regulation, and suggest the possibility of its future use as a therapeutic target in gliomas. ..
- Li Q, Zhou L, Yang F, Wang G, Zheng H, Wang D, et al. MicroRNA-10b promotes migration and invasion through CADM1 in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:1455-65 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-10b may positively regulate the invasion and metastasis of HCC through targeting CADM1. ..
- Shen X, Fang J, Lv X, Pei Z, Wang Y, Jiang S, et al. Heparin impairs angiogenesis through inhibition of microRNA-10b. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26616-27 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the molecular mechanism by which heparin and thrombin regulate angiogenesis. ..
- Liu Z, Zhu J, Cao H, Ren H, Fang X. miR-10b promotes cell invasion through RhoC-AKT signaling pathway by targeting HOXD10 in gastric cancer. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:1553-60 pubmed publisher..In summary, these observations suggest that miR-10b can stimulate the upregulation of RhoC and AKT phosphorylation through targeting HOXD10, thus promoting cell invasion in gastric tumors. ..
- Kim K, Lee H, Park J, Kim M, Kim S, Noh S, et al. Epigenetic regulation of microRNA-10b and targeting of oncogenic MAPRE1 in gastric cancer. Epigenetics. 2011;6:740-51 pubmed..miR-10b methylation may be a useful molecular biomarker for assessing the risk of gastric cancer development, and modulation of miR-10b may represent a therapeutic approach for treating gastric cancer. ..
- Bourguignon L, Wong G, Earle C, Krueger K, Spevak C. Hyaluronan-CD44 interaction promotes c-Src-mediated twist signaling, microRNA-10b expression, and RhoA/RhoC up-regulation, leading to Rho-kinase-associated cytoskeleton activation and breast tumor cell invasion. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:36721-35 pubmed publisher..All of these events are critical prerequisite steps for the acquisition of metastatic properties by human breast cancer cells. ..
- Plummer P, Freeman R, Taft R, Vider J, Sax M, Umer B, et al. MicroRNAs regulate tumor angiogenesis modulated by endothelial progenitor cells. Cancer Res. 2013;73:341-52 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, targeting miR-10b and miR-196b led to significant defects in angiogenesis-mediated tumor growth in mice. Targeting these miRNAs may constitute a novel strategy for inhibiting tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao J, Zhang P, Zhang Y, Sun S, Yu S, et al. MicroRNA-10b targets E-cadherin and modulates breast cancer metastasis. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:BR299-308 pubmed..These findings indicate the existence of a novel E-cadherin-related mechanism by which miR-10b modulates breast cancer metastasis. In addition, miR-10b may be a useful biomarker of advanced progression and metastasis of breast cancer. ..
- Guo H, Qi R, Lv Y, Wang H, Hong Y, Zheng S, et al. miR-31 is distinctively overexpressed in primary male extramammary Paget's disease. Oncotarget. 2016;7:24559-63 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary study suggested that these miRNAs could be involved in EMPD development and miR-31 may serve as potential biomarkers of EMPD. ..
- Chen L, Al Mossawi M, Ridley A, Sekine T, Hammitzsch A, de Wit J, et al. miR-10b-5p is a novel Th17 regulator present in Th17 cells from ankylosing spondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:620-625 pubmed publisher..miR-10b is a potential therapeutic candidate to suppress pathogenic Th17 cell function in patients with AS. ..
- Zhang L, Sun J, Wang B, Ren J, Su W, Zhang T. MicroRNA-10b Triggers the Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) of Laryngeal Carcinoma Hep-2 Cells by Directly Targeting the E-cadherin. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2015;176:33-44 pubmed publisher..The present study provided a better understanding of laryngeal carcinoma metastasis and the roles of miR-10b during this process. ..
- Fritz H, Lindgren D, Ljungberg B, Axelson H, Dahlback B. The miR(21/10b) ratio as a prognostic marker in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1758-65 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the ratio of miR-21/miR10b (miR(21/10b)) correlated significantly with disease severity and survival, a high miR(21/10b) being associated ..
- Kucher A, Nazarenko M, Markov A, Koroleva I, Barbarash O. Variability of Methylation Profiles of CpG Sites in microrNA Genes in Leukocytes and Vascular Tissues of Patients with Atherosclerosis. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2017;82:698-706 pubmed publisher..The highest variability of CpG methylation levels between different tissues was found for the CpG sites of the MIR10B gene; the methylation levels of these sites in leukocytes and atherosclerotic arteries were lower than in intact ..
- Saldanha G, Elshaw S, Sachs P, Alharbi H, Shah P, Jothi A, et al. microRNA-10b is a prognostic biomarker for melanoma. Mod Pathol. 2016;29:112-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that miR-10b is a new prognostic microRNA for melanoma and that there could be a place for microRNA analysis in stratifying melanoma for therapy. ..
- Chang C, Fan T, Yu J, Liao G, Lin Y, Shih A, et al. The prognostic significance of RUNX2 and miR-10a/10b and their inter-relationship in breast cancer. J Transl Med. 2014;12:257 pubmed publisher..Data from in vitro studies support the notion that RUNX2 promoted cell motility by upregulating miR-10a/b. ..
- Zhang J, Yang J, Zhang X, Xu J, Sun Y, Zhang P. MicroRNA-10b expression in breast cancer and its clinical association. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192509 pubmed publisher..No statistically significant differences were observed based on age or molecular sub-type grouping. In conclusion, miR-10b may be a biomarker for breast cancer and is a potential treatment target. ..
- Kim B, Jung J, Jang J, Kang K, Kang S. Nuclear Argonaute 2 regulates adipose tissue-derived stem cell survival through direct control of miR10b and selenoprotein N1 expression. Aging Cell. 2011;10:277-91 pubmed publisher..Silencing of Ago2 in ATSCs significantly induces upregulation of miR10b and miR23b expression. These miRNAs directly interfere with ROS-scavenging gene expression, such as TXNL1 and GPX3...
- Chen J, Jiang Y, Zhou J, Liu S, Gu Y, Jin G, et al. Genetic Variants in the Promoter Region of miR-10b and the Risk of Breast Cancer. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2352874 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that a potentially functional SNP (rs4078756) in the promoter region of miR-10b may contribute to breast cancer susceptibility among Chinese women. ..
- Wang N, Chen P, Huang L, Wang T. Prognostic significance of microRNA-10b overexpression in breast cancer: a meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..05). The present meta-analysis demonstrated that high expression of miR-10b might predict poor survival in patients with breast cancer. Larger clinical studies are required to further evaluate the role of miR-10b in clinical practice. ..
- Ahmad A, Ginnebaugh K, Yin S, Bollig Fischer A, Reddy K, Sarkar F. Functional role of miR-10b in tamoxifen resistance of ER-positive breast cancer cells through down-regulation of HDAC4. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:540 pubmed publisher..We propose miR-10b-HDAC4 nexus as one of the molecular mechanism of tamoxifen resistance which can potentially be expolited as a novel targeted therapeutic approach for the clinical management of tamoxifen-resistant breast cancers. ..
- Yu X, Li Z, Chen G, Wu W. MicroRNA-10b Induces Vascular Muscle Cell Proliferation Through Akt Pathway by Targeting TIP30. Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2015;13:679-86 pubmed..The modulation of miR-10b in VSMCs provides a potential target for the therapy of atherosclerosis. ..
- Knirsh R, Ben Dror I, Modai S, Shomron N, Vardimon L. MicroRNA 10b promotes abnormal expression of the proto-oncogene c-Jun in metastatic breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:59932-59944 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show the ability of miR-10b to activate the expression of c-Jun through RhoC and NF1, which represents a novel pathway for promoting migration and invasion of human cancer cells. ..
- Li Y, Chen D, Li Y, Jin L, Liu J, Su Z, et al. Oncogenic cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 is overexpressed upon loss of tumor suppressive miR-10b-5p and miR-363-3p in renal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:1967-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that CREB1 is an oncogene in RCC and that upregulation of CREB1 by loss of tumor suppressive miRâ€‘10bâ€‘5p and miRâ€‘363â€‘3p plays an important role in the tumorigenesis of RCC. ..
- Lu Y, Yao J, Yu J, Wei Q, Cao X. The association between abnormal microRNA-10b expression and cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Sci Rep. 2014;4:7498 pubmed publisher..81, which suggested that high-expression of microRNA-10b can predict worse outcomes in some types of cancer and the regular monitoring of miR-10b expression might be useful in the clinical practice. ..
- Wang Y, Li Z, Zhao X, Zuo X, Zhang Y, Xiao Y, et al. MicroRNA-10b is upregulated and has an invasive role in colorectal cancer through enhanced Rhoc expression. Oncol Rep. 2015;33:1275-83 pubmed publisher..05). MiR-10b expression was also inversely correlated with Hoxd10 protein expression (P<0.05). Thus, miRâ€‘10b is potentially involved in the invasion of colorectal cancer. ..
- Ji Y, Wei Y, Wang J, Gong K, Zhang Y, Zuo H. Correlation of microRNA-10b upregulation and poor prognosis in human gliomas. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:6249-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings offer convincing evidence that increased miR-10b expression may be an independent marker to predict poor prognosis in patients with gliomas. ..
- Wang F, Yang X, Zhao J, Yu L, Zhang P, Duan W, et al. miR-10a and miR-10b target the 3'-untranslated region of TBX5 to repress its expression. Pediatr Cardiol. 2014;35:1072-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the study results indicate that miR-10a and miR-10b inhibit TBX5 expression at the level of translation. Higher levels of miR-10a and miR-10b expression are associated with a higher risk of congenital heart defects. ..
- Liu X, Dong C, Jiang Z, Wu W, Chan M, Zhang J, et al. MicroRNA-10b downregulation mediates acute rejection of renal allografts by derepressing BCL2L11. Exp Cell Res. 2015;333:155-63 pubmed publisher..Restoring miR-10b expression in glomerular endothelial cells could be a novel therapeutic approach to reduce acute renal allograft loss. ..
- Eissa S, Matboli M, Shehata H, Essawy N. MicroRNA-10b and minichromosome maintenance complex component 5 gene as prognostic biomarkers in breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:4487-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, we could consider miRNA-10b and MCM5 mRNA as prognostic markers and potential therapeutic targets in breast cancer to be applied to other patient data sets. ..
- Tsukerman P, Yamin R, Seidel E, Khawaled S, Schmiedel D, Bar Mag T, et al. MiR-520d-5p directly targets TWIST1 and downregulates the metastamiR miR-10b. Oncotarget. 2014;5:12141-50 pubmed..Finally, we show that miR-520d-5p leads to reduced proliferation of tumor cells, and that high levels of miR-520d-5p correlate with higher survival rates of cancer patients. ..
- Aili A, Chen Y, Zhang H. MicroRNA?10b suppresses the migration and invasion of chondrosarcoma cells by targeting brain?derived neurotrophic factor. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:441-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings suggest that miR?10b/BDNF may serve as a potential therapeutic target for chondrosarcoma. ..
- Gasch C, Plummer P, Jovanovic L, McInnes L, Wescott D, Saunders C, et al. Heterogeneity of miR-10b expression in circulating tumor cells. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15980 pubmed publisher..We also use this method to demonstrate heterogeneity of such as miR-10b on a cell-by-cell basis. We also use this method to demonstrate heterogeneity of miR-10b in individual CTCs from breast, prostate and colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Erbes T, Hirschfeld M, Waldeck S, Rucker G, Jager M, Willmann L, et al. Hyperthermia-driven aberrations of secreted microRNAs in breast cancer in vitro. Int J Hyperthermia. 2016;32:630-42 pubmed publisher..However, an evaluation regarding the potential impact of microRNA-related hyperthermia-dependent alterations for innovative BC treatment approaches demands further analysis including in vivo data. ..
- Jiang H, Liu J, Chen Y, Ma C, Li B, Hao T. Up-regulation of mir-10b predicate advanced clinicopathological features and liver metastasis in colorectal cancer. Cancer Med. 2016;5:2932-2941 pubmed publisher..0001). This study demonstrated the expression of miR-10b had strong potential to serve as a noninvasive biomarker for CRC prognosis and predicting liver metastasis. ..
- Schneider C, Kässens N, Greve B, Hassan H, Schuring A, Starzinski Powitz A, et al. Targeting of syndecan-1 by micro-ribonucleic acid miR-10b modulates invasiveness of endometriotic cells via dysregulation of the proteolytic milieu and interleukin-6 secretion. Fertil Steril. 2013;99:871-881.e1 pubmed publisher..To study the function of syndecan-1 (SDC1) and its potential regulator miR-10b in endometriosis...
- He C, Zhao X, Jiang H, Zhong Z, Xu R. Demethylation of miR-10b plays a suppressive role in ccRCC cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10595-604 pubmed..Our results suggest that miR-10b plays a tumor-suppressive role in ccRCC. Demethylation of miR-10b may be therapeutically beneficial for ccRCC treatment. ..
- Fomeshi M, Ebrahimi M, Mowla S, Khosravani P, Firouzi J, Khayatzadeh H. Evaluation of the expressions pattern of miR-10b, 21, 200c, 373 and 520c to find the correlation between epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and melanoma stem cell potential in isolated cancer stem cells. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2015;20:448-65 pubmed publisher..Melanospheres were found to upregulate miR-10b, 21, 200c, 373 and 520c, so we suggest that they may control both metastasis and stemness potential. ..
- Chen H, Fan Y, Xu W, Chen J, Xu C, Wei X, et al. miR-10b Inhibits Apoptosis and Promotes Proliferation and Invasion of Endometrial Cancer Cells via Targeting HOXB3. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2016;31:225-31 pubmed publisher..01). To conclude, miR-10b might control cell apoptosis, proliferation, migration, and invasion in endometrial cancer via regulation of HOXB3 expression. ..
- Allaya N, Khabir A, Sallemi Boudawara T, Sellami N, Daoud J, Ghorbel A, et al. Over-expression of miR-10b in NPC patients: correlation with LMP1 and Twist1. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:3807-14 pubmed publisher..205; Mann-Whitney test p = 0.676). This study reports the first evidence of miR-10b over-expression in NPC patients. Furthermore, our findings can support hsa-miR-10b gene regulation through LMP1/Twist1 in NPC malignancy. ..
- Wang J, Wang B, Chen L, Yang J, Gong Z, Zhao X, et al. miR-10b promotes invasion by targeting KLF4 in osteosarcoma cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;84:947-953 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-10b functions as an oncomiR and play an important role in osteosarcoma cellular processes at least partially through regulating KLF4; miR-10b may be a therapeutic target for osteosarcoma treatment. ..
- Liao C, Kong L, Zhou P, Yang X, Huang J, Zhang H, et al. miR-10b is overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and promotes cell proliferation, migration and invasion through RhoC, uPAR and MMPs. J Transl Med. 2014;12:234 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that miR-10b was overexpressed in HCC and promoted HCC cell migration and invasion through the HOXD10/ RhoC/ uPAR/ MMPs pathway which may provide a novel bio-target for HCC therapy. ..
- Zou D, Zhou Q, Wang D, Guan L, Yuan L, Li S. The Downregulation of MicroRNA-10b and its Role in Cervical Cancer. Oncol Res. 2016;24:99-108 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the downregulation of miR-10b and the resulting elevated HOXA1 level in cervical cancer tissues might play critical roles in cervical cancer progression. ..
- Pal D, Mukhopadhyay D, Ramaiah M, Sarma P, Bhadra U, Bhadra M. Regulation of Cell Proliferation and Migration by miR-203 via GAS41/miR-10b Axis in Human Glioblastoma Cells. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159092 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we show that miR-203 is a key negative regulator of GAS41 and acts as tumor suppressor microRNA in glioma. ..
- Singh R, Pochampally R, Watabe K, Lu Z, Mo Y. Exosome-mediated transfer of miR-10b promotes cell invasion in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:256 pubmed publisher..Thus, a better understanding of this process may aid in the development of novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Tong D, Jin Y, Xue T, Ma X, Zhang J, Ou X, et al. Investigation of the Application of miR10b and miR135b in the Identification of Semen Stains. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0137067 pubmed publisherTo evaluate the identification method using the microRNA markers miR10b and miR135b to distinguish semen stains from menstrual blood, peripheral blood, vaginal fluid and so on body fluid stains...
- Li X, Xu F, Chang C, Byon J, Papayannopoulou T, Deeg H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of miR-10a/b by TWIST-1 in myelodysplastic syndromes. Haematologica. 2013;98:414-9 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of miR10a and miR10b were significantly higher in CD34(+) marrow cells from 28 patients with myelodysplastic syndrome than in CD34(+) ..
- Ma Z, Chen Y, Min L, Li L, Huang H, Li J, et al. Augmented miR-10b expression associated with depressed expression of its target gene KLF4 involved in gastric carcinoma. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:5071-9 pubmed..339, P=0.006). These findings indicate that miR-10b was upregulated in GC and may have a key role in GC pathogenesis and development through the downregulation of its target gene KLF4. ..
- Wang Y, Ye Z, Zhao Z, Li L, Wang Y, Tao H, et al. Clinicopathologic significance of miR-10b expression in gastric carcinoma. Hum Pathol. 2013;44:1278-85 pubmed publisher..In stage IV, the expression level of miR-10b did not correlate with the 5-year survival rate. miR-10b may play an important role in progression and prognosis of gastric cancer. ..
- Fendler A, Jung M, Stephan C, Honey R, Stewart R, Pace K, et al. miRNAs can predict prostate cancer biochemical relapse and are involved in tumor progression. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:1183-92 pubmed publisher..miRNAs can be reliable predictive markers for biochemical relapse of prostate cancer at the time of radical prostatectomy. This should have significant impact on patient managing plans. ..
- Yu X, Li Z, Shen J, Wu W, Liang J, Weng X, et al. MicroRNA-10b promotes nucleus pulposus cell proliferation through RhoC-Akt pathway by targeting HOXD10 in intervetebral disc degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83080 pubmed publisher..Our study also underscores the potential of miR-10b and the RhoC-Akt pathway as novel therapeutic targets in intervertebral disc degeneration. ..