Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR10A
Description: microRNA 10a
Alias: MIRN10A, hsa-mir-10a, miRNA10A, mir-10a
- Zhang Z, Ran Y, Shaw T, Peng Y. MicroRNAs 10a and 10b Regulate the Expression of Human Platelet Glycoprotein Ib? for Normal Megakaryopoiesis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed
- Li X, Xu F, Chang C, Byon J, Papayannopoulou T, Deeg H, et al. Transcriptional regulation of miR-10a/b by TWIST-1 in myelodysplastic syndromes. Haematologica. 2013;98:414-9 pubmed publisher..Expression levels of miR10a and miR10b were significantly higher in CD34(+) marrow cells from 28 patients with myelodysplastic syndrome than ..
- Khan S, Wall D, Curran C, Newell J, Kerin M, Dwyer R. MicroRNA-10a is reduced in breast cancer and regulated in part through retinoic acid. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:345 pubmed publisher..The data presented supports a potential tumour suppressor role for miR-10a in breast cancer, and highlights retinoic acid as a positive regulator of the microRNA. ..
- Li J, Dong J, Zhang Z, Zhang D, You X, Zhong Y, et al. miR-10a restores human mesenchymal stem cell differentiation by repressing KLF4. J Cell Physiol. 2013;228:2324-36 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-10a restores the differentiation capability of aged hMSCs through repression of KLF4. Aging-related miRNAs may have broad applications in the restoration of cell dysfunction caused by aging. ..
- Chen D, Ma H, Liu S, Wang L, Li Y, Wei J. [MicroRNA-10a accelerates endodermal lineage differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from human placenta]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;29:1015-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the miR-10a accelerates endodermal differentiation, likely mediated by the up-reguation of endoderm-specific down-stream genes. ..
- Zhang H, Lu Y, Chen E, Li X, Lv B, Vikis H, et al. XRN2 promotes EMT and metastasis through regulating maturation of miR-10a. Oncogene. 2017;36:3925-3933 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that XRN2 is a novel regulator of EMT that contributes to the metastatic processes in lung cancer through a novel miRNA regulatory mechanism. ..
- Li Y, Wang X, Zhang L, Lv X, Su X, Tian S, et al. A SNP in pri-miR-10a is associated with recurrent spontaneous abortion in a Han-Chinese population. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8208-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that rs3809783 A > T in pri-miR-10a may be conductive to the genetic predisposition to RSA by disrupting the production of mature miR-10a and reinforcing the expression of Bim. ..
- Shen Y, Jiang Y, Greenlee A, Zhou L, Liu L. MicroRNA expression profiles and miR-10a target in anti-benzo[a] pyrene-7, 8-diol-9, 10-epoxide-transformed human 16HBE cells. Biomed Environ Sci. 2009;22:14-21 pubmed publisher..HOXA1 is similarly up-regulated, suggesting that miR-10a is associated with the process of HOXA 1-mediated transformation. ..
- Zeng T, Li G. MicroRNA?10a enhances the metastatic potential of cervical cancer cells by targeting phosphatase and tensin homologue. Mol Med Rep. 2014;10:1377-82 pubmed publisher..miR?10a may therefore be used clinically as a molecular marker for patients with cervical cancer lymph node metastasis. ..
- Visani M, de Biase D, Marucci G, Cerasoli S, Nigrisoli E, Bacchi Reggiani M, et al. Expression of 19 microRNAs in glioblastoma and comparison with other brain neoplasia of grades I-III. Mol Oncol. 2014;8:417-30 pubmed publisher..This study provides further data for the identification of a miRNA profile for glioblastoma and suggests that different-grade neoplasia could be characterized by different expression of specific miRNAs. ..
- Xu D, Huang C, Kachaochana A, Morgan G, Bonaldo M, Soares M, et al. MicroRNA-10a Regulation of Proinflammatory Mediators: An Important Component of Untreated Juvenile Dermatomyositis. J Rheumatol. 2016;43:161-8 pubmed publisher..MiRNA-10a downregulation is an important element in untreated JDM muscle pathophysiology. We speculate that muscle miRNA expression in adult dermatomyositis differs from muscle miRNA expression in untreated childhood JDM. ..
- JÃ¶nsson M, Nelander Wahlestedt J, Ã…kerblom M, Kirkeby A, Malmevik J, Brattaas P, et al. Comprehensive analysis of microRNA expression in regionalized human neural progenitor cells reveals microRNA-10 as a caudalizing factor. Development. 2015;142:3166-77 pubmed publisher..This dataset also provides a comprehensive resource for future studies investigating the functional role of different miRNAs in human brain development. ..
- Pereira Terra P, Deprest J, Kholdebarin R, Khoshgoo N, DeKoninck P, Munck A, et al. Unique Tracheal Fluid MicroRNA Signature Predicts Response to FETO in Patients With Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Ann Surg. 2015;262:1130-40 pubmed publisher..Human fetal hypoplastic CDH lungs have a specific miR-200/miR-10a signature. Survival after FETO is associated with increased miR-200 family expression. miR-200b overexpression in CDH lungs results in decreased TGF-Î²/SMAD signaling. ..
- Liu S, Sun J, Lan Q. TGF-?-induced miR10a/b expression promotes human glioma cell migration by targeting PTEN. Mol Med Rep. 2013;8:1741-6 pubmed publisher..b>miR10a/10b expression has been demonstrated to be associated with TGF-? expression in brain tumors, and it is reported ..
- Fan Q, Meng X, Liang H, Zhang H, Liu X, Li L, et al. miR-10a inhibits cell proliferation and promotes cell apoptosis by targeting BCL6 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Protein Cell. 2016;7:899-912 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrated that negatively regulating BCL6 by miR-10a suppressed the proliferation and promoted apoptosis of DLBCL cells. ..
- Kuang L, Lv G, Wang B, Li L, Dai Y, Li Y. Overexpression of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA 1 in chordoma tissues is associated with chordoma pathogenesis by reducing miRâ€‘125a and miRâ€‘10a expression. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:93-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ADAR2 overexpression causes enhanced pre-miR-10a and pri-miR-125a A-to-I editing, which alters mature miR-10a and miR-125a expression and may contribute to chordoma pathogenesis. ..
- Wang N, Zhou Y, Jiang L, Li D, Yang J, Zhang C, et al. Urinary microRNA-10a and microRNA-30d serve as novel, sensitive and specific biomarkers for kidney injury. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51140 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the present study collectively demonstrates that urinary miR-10a and miR-30d represent a novel noninvasive, sensitive, specific and potentially high-throughput method for detecting renal injury. ..
- Zarif M, Soleimani M, Abolghasemi H, Amirizade N, Arefian E, Rahimian A. Megakaryocytic differentiation of CD133+ hematopoietic stem cells by down-regulation of microRNA-10a. Hematology. 2013;18:93-100 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MiR-10a has a role in megakaryocyte differentiation of stem cells via HOXA1 transcription factor targeting. ..
- Luo L, Chen B, Li S, Wei X, Liu T, Huang Y, et al. Plasma miR-10a: A Potential Biomarker for Coronary Artery Disease. Dis Markers. 2016;2016:3841927 pubmed publisher..Conclusions. Lower plasma miR-10a levels were negatively associated with the presence as well as severity of CAD, and plasma miR-10a can act as a potential biomarker for estimating the presence and severity of CAD. ..
- Wang Y, Liu Z, Yao B, Dou C, Xu M, Xue Y, et al. Long non-coding RNA TUSC7 acts a molecular sponge for miR-10a and suppresses EMT in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:11429-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate that TUSC7 suppresses EMT through the TUSC7-miR-10a-EphA4 axis, which may be a potential target for therapeutic intervention in HCC. ..
- Wang F, Yang X, Zhao J, Yu L, Zhang P, Duan W, et al. miR-10a and miR-10b target the 3'-untranslated region of TBX5 to repress its expression. Pediatr Cardiol. 2014;35:1072-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the study results indicate that miR-10a and miR-10b inhibit TBX5 expression at the level of translation. Higher levels of miR-10a and miR-10b expression are associated with a higher risk of congenital heart defects. ..
- Shen J, Wang S, Zhang Y, Kappil M, Chen Wu H, Kibriya M, et al. Genome-wide aberrant DNA methylation of microRNA host genes in hepatocellular carcinoma. Epigenetics. 2012;7:1230-7 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, miR-196b was significantly upregulated in tumor compared with non-tumor tissues (p = 0.0001). These data suggest that aberrant DNA methylation may lead to dysregulation of miR-10a in HCC tumor tissues. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang Y, Wu H, Li Y, Zhang Y, Liu M, et al. miR-10a suppresses colorectal cancer metastasis by modulating the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and anoikis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2739 pubmed publisher..These findings not only describe the mechanism by which miR-10a suppresses CRC metastasis but also suggest the potential prognostic and therapeutic value of miR-10a in CRC patients. ..
- Yan Y, Wang Q, Yan X, Zhang Y, Li W, Tang F, et al. miR-10a controls glioma migration and invasion through regulating epithelial-mesenchymal transition via EphA8. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:756-65 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we unveil a branch of the miR-10a/EphA8 pathway that regulates the progression of glioma. ..
- Ovcharenko D, Stölzel F, Poitz D, Fierro F, Schaich M, Neubauer A, et al. miR-10a overexpression is associated with NPM1 mutations and MDM4 downregulation in intermediate-risk acute myeloid leukemia. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:1030-1042.e7 pubmed publisher..miR-10a expression is highly characteristic for AML (IR) patients with NPM1 mutations and may influence its biological properties in AML by interfering with the p53 machinery partly regulated by MDM4. ..
- Matsushima K, Isomoto H, Kohno S, Nakao K. MicroRNAs and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Digestion. 2010;82:138-44 pubmed publisher..These results provide insight into the potential mechanisms of ESCC in the pathogenesis. This review also includes a comprehensive overview of the relationship between miRNAs and ESCC...
- Hudson J, Duncavage E, Tamburrino A, Salerno P, Xi L, Raffeld M, et al. Overexpression of miR-10a and miR-375 and downregulation of YAP1 in medullary thyroid carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;95:62-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the growth inhibitor YAP1 is identified as a potential important downstream target of miR-375. ..
- Jia H, Zhang Z, Zou D, Wang B, Yan Y, Luo M, et al. MicroRNA-10a is down-regulated by DNA methylation and functions as a tumor suppressor in gastric cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88057 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-10a acts as a tumor suppressor in GC cells and is partially silenced by DNA hypermethylation in GC, suggesting that miR-10a may serve as a potential diagnostic or therapeutic target of GC. ..
- Li C, Zhu H, Bai W, Su L, Liu J, Cai W, et al. MiR-10a and miR-181c regulate collagen type I generation in hypertrophic scars by targeting PAI-1 and uPA. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:380-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the miR-181c-uPA and miR-10a-PAI-1 regulatory pathways have an integral role in HS pathogenesis. ..
- Bryant A, Palma C, Jayaswal V, Yang Y, Lutherborrow M, Ma D. miR-10a is aberrantly overexpressed in Nucleophosmin1 mutated acute myeloid leukaemia and its suppression induces cell death. Mol Cancer. 2012;11:8 pubmed publisher..This study provides, for the first time, in vitro evidence of a pro-survival role of miR-10a in NPM1mut-AML, that it may contribute to the pathogenesis of NPM1mut-AML and identifies putative tumorogenic targets. ..
- Chang C, Fan T, Yu J, Liao G, Lin Y, Shih A, et al. The prognostic significance of RUNX2 and miR-10a/10b and their inter-relationship in breast cancer. J Transl Med. 2014;12:257 pubmed publisher..Data from in vitro studies support the notion that RUNX2 promoted cell motility by upregulating miR-10a/b. ..
- Sun W, Ma Y, Chen P, Wang D. MicroRNA-10a silencing reverses cisplatin resistance in the A549/cisplatin human lung cancer cell line via the transforming growth factor-Î²/Smad2/STAT3/STAT5 pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:3854-9 pubmed publisher..These results therefore indicated that miRâ€‘10a may be a potential target for improving the effectiveness of lung cancer chemotherapy via regulation of the TGFâ€‘Î²/Smad2/STAT3/STAT5 pathway. ..
- Liang D, Zhen L, Yuan T, Huang J, Deng F, Wuyahan -, et al. miR-10a regulates proliferation of human cardiomyocyte progenitor cells by targeting GATA6. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e103097 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicate that miR-10a could effectively modulate the proliferation of human CMPCs by targeting GATA6. The finding provides novel insights into the potency of miR-10a during heart development. ..
- Xu H, Yao Y, Meng F, Qian X, Jiang X, Li X, et al. Predictive Value of Serum miR-10b, miR-29c, and miR-205 as Promising Biomarkers in Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma Screening. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015;94:e1558 pubmed publisher..72 (95% CI: 0.62-0.83; sensitivityâ€Š=â€Š70%; specificityâ€Š=â€Š64%), respectively, suggesting that miR-10b, miR-29c, and miR-205 have great potential to be noninvasive screening tools for ESCC detection. ..
- Arai T, Okato A, Kojima S, Idichi T, Koshizuka K, Kurozumi A, et al. Regulation of spindle and kinetochore-associated protein 1 by antitumor miR-10a-5p in renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2088-2101 pubmed publisher..These findings showed that downregulation of miR-10a-5p and overexpression of the SKA1 axis were highly involved in RCC pathogenesis and resistance to TKI treatment in RCC. ..
- Hoppe R, Achinger Kawecka J, Winter S, Fritz P, Lo W, Schroth W, et al. Increased expression of miR-126 and miR-10a predict prolonged relapse-free time of primary oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer following tamoxifen treatment. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:3598-608 pubmed publisher..037, P<0.0001, respectively). Our data suggest that miR-126 and miR-10a are independent predictors for tumour relapse in early postmenopausal breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant tamoxifen. ..
- Yu T, Liu L, Li J, Yan M, Lin H, Liu Y, et al. MiRNA-10a is upregulated in NSCLC and may promote cancer by targeting PTEN. Oncotarget. 2015;6:30239-50 pubmed publisher..We found that PTEN was a direct target of miR-10a in NSCLC. Also miR-10a activated the PTEN/AKT/ERK pathway. We suggest that miR-10a contributes to NSCLC by targeting PTEN. ..
- Yan Y, Luo Y, Wan H, Wang J, Zhang P, Liu M, et al. MicroRNA-10a is involved in the metastatic process by regulating Eph tyrosine kinase receptor A4-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition and adhesion in hepatoma cells. Hepatology. 2013;57:667-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the importance of miR-10a in regulating the metastatic properties of HCC by directly targeting EphA4 and may provide new insights into the pathogenesis of HCC. ..
- Beech R, Leffert J, Lin A, Hong K, Hansen J, Umlauf S, et al. Stress-related alcohol consumption in heavy drinkers correlates with expression of miR-10a, miR-21, and components of the TAR-RNA-binding protein-associated complex. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2014;38:2743-53 pubmed publisher..Alterations in miRNA expression may be one mechanism linking psychological stress with changes in gene expression and increased alcohol intake in binge/HD. ..