Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR106A
Description: microRNA 106a
Alias: MIRN106A, mir-106
- Dai D, Lu Q, Wang L, Zhao W, Cao Y, Li Y, et al. Decreased miR-106a inhibits glioma cell glucose uptake and proliferation by targeting SLC2A3 in GBM. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:478 pubmed publisher..Finally, the expression of SLC2A3 largely abrogated miR-106a-mediated cell proliferation and glucose uptake in GBM cells. Taken together, miR-106a and SLC2A3 could be potential therapeutic approaches for GBM. ..
- Hou X, Zhang M, Qiao H. Diagnostic significance of miR-106a in gastric cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13096-101 pubmed..05). MiR-106a was significantly up-regulated in gastric cancer patients and can facilitate the in vitro proliferation of tumor cells. It may work as a biological marker for gastric cancer. ..
- Weseslindtner L, Macheleidt I, Eischeid H, Strassl R, Hofer H, Popow Kraupp T, et al. Micro RNAs mir-106a, mir-122 and mir-197 are increased in severe acute viral hepatitis with coagulopathy. Liver Int. 2016;36:353-60 pubmed publisher..01, Mann-Whitney U-test). mir-106a, mir-122 and mir-197 could be potential markers for severe acute viral hepatitis associated with coagulopathy. ..
- Li D, Wang Z, Chen Z, Lin L, Wang Y, Sailike D, et al. MicroRNA-106a-5p facilitates human glioblastoma cell proliferation and invasion by targeting adenomatosis polyposis coli protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;481:245-250 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-106a-5p is involved in the invasive behavior of GBM cells and by targeting APC and activating Wnt/?-catenin pathway, it provides a theoretical basis for developing potential clinical strategies. ..
- Chen L, Zhang F, Sheng X, Zhang S, Chen Y, Liu B. MicroRNA-106a regulates phosphatase and tensin homologue expression and promotes the proliferation and invasion of ovarian cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:2135-41 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of the expression of miR-106a inhibited cell growth and metastasis of ovarian cancer cells. Together, the present study suggests that miR?106a acts as an oncogene in ovarian cancers. ..
- Zhou K, Zhang T, Fan Y, Serick -, Du G, Wu P, et al. MicroRNA-106b promotes pituitary tumor cell proliferation and invasion through PI3K/AKT signaling pathway by targeting PTEN. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:13469-13477 pubmed..Our study suggests that miR-106b and PTEN are likely to serve as potential diagnostic biomarkers or therapeutic targets for pituitary tumor treatment in the future. ..
- Liu Z, Gersbach E, Zhang X, Xu X, Dong R, Lee P, et al. miR-106a represses the Rb tumor suppressor p130 to regulate cellular proliferation and differentiation in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:1314-25 pubmed publisher..The current study suggests that the RB tumor suppressor pathway is a critical regulator of growth and differentiation in HGSOC. ..
- Zhu M, Zhang N, He S, Lui Y, Lu G, Zhao L. MicroRNA-106a targets TIMP2 to regulate invasion and metastasis of gastric cancer. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:600-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that TIMP2 is a direct downstream target for miR-106a and knockdown of TIMP2 strengthens the beneficial effects of miR-106a. Our study adds miR-106a to the complex mechanisms of tumor metastasis. ..
- Wang Q, Wang Z, Chu L, Li X, Kan P, Xin X, et al. The Effects and Molecular Mechanisms of MiR-106a in Multidrug Resistance Reversal in Human Glioma U87/DDP and U251/G Cell Lines. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0125473 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-106a is a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of human multidrug resistant glioma. ..
- Shen C, Qiu Z, Song H, Wei W, Luo Q. miRNA-106a directly targeting RARB associates with the expression of Na(+)/I(-) symporter in thyroid cancer by regulating MAPK signaling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2016;35:101 pubmed publisher..These findings in the present study may provide new strategies for the diagnosis and treatment in radioiodine-refractory differentiated thyroid carcinoma. ..
- Edatt L, Maurya A, Raji G, Kunhiraman H, Kumar S. MicroRNA106a regulates matrix metalloprotease 9 in a sirtuin-1 dependent mechanism. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:238-248 pubmed publisher..Owing to the fact that many microRNAs have already been reported to regulate MMPs and that miR106a, a member of oncomir17 family has been implicated in metastatic conditions, the present study intended to analyze ..
- Ma Y, Li X, Cheng S, Wei W, Li Y. MicroRNA-106a confers cisplatin resistance in non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells by targeting adenosine triphosphatase-binding cassette A1. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:625-32 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggested a novel mechanism underlying DDP-resistance in NSCLC. ..
- Prasad R, Katiyar S. Down-regulation of miRNA-106b inhibits growth of melanoma cells by promoting G1-phase cell cycle arrest and reactivation of p21/WAF1/Cip1 protein. Oncotarget. 2014;5:10636-49 pubmed..These studies suggest that miRNA-106b plays a crucial role in melanoma growth and that GSPs act as an inhibitor of miR-106b thereby blocking melanoma growth in vitro and in vivo models. ..
- Hao H, Liu L, Zhang D, Wang C, Xia G, Zhong F, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic value of miR-106a in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:5038-5047 pubmed publisherWe sought to systematically evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic value miR106a in patients with colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Zhou H, Guo J, Lou Y, Zhang X, Zhong F, Jiang Z, et al. Detection of circulating tumor cells in peripheral blood from patients with gastric cancer using microRNA as a marker. J Mol Med (Berl). 2010;88:709-17 pubmed publisher..684 (p = 0.0066), 0.743 (p = 0.0001), and 0.741 (p = 0.0002), respectively. Our results indicate that the detection of miRNA in peripheral blood may be a novel tool for monitoring circulating tumor cells in patients with gastric cancers. ..
- Luan W, Zhou Z, Ni X, Xia Y, Wang J, Yan Y, et al. Long non-coding RNA H19 promotes glucose metabolism and cell growth in malignant melanoma via miR-106a-5p/E2F3 axis. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2018;144:531-542 pubmed publisher..This result elucidates a new mechanism for lncRNA H19 in melanoma development and provides a survival indicator and potential therapeutic target for melanoma patients. ..
- Wang R, Li Y, Hou Y, Yang Q, Chen S, Wang X, et al. The PDGF-D/miR-106a/Twist1 pathway orchestrates epithelial-mesenchymal transition in gemcitabine resistance hepatoma cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:7000-10 pubmed..Our findings provide a possible molecular mechanism for understanding GR chemoresistance in HCC cells. Therefore, inactivation of PDGF-D/Twist or activation of miR-106a could be a novel strategy for the treatment of HCC. ..
- Jiang X, Li N. Induction of MiR-17-3p and MiR-106a [corrected] by TNF? and LPS. Cell Biochem Funct. 2011;29:164-70 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the expression of miR-17-3p and miR-106a is regulated by TNF? and LPS in HeLa cells. ..
- Wang Z, Wang B, Shi Y, Xu C, Xiao H, Ma L, et al. Oncogenic miR-20a and miR-106a enhance the invasiveness of human glioma stem cells by directly targeting TIMP-2. Oncogene. 2015;34:1407-19 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-20a/106a has a key role in GSC invasion and may serve as targets for treatment of glioblastoma. ..
- Zhang Y, Lu Q, Cai X. MicroRNA-106a induces multidrug resistance in gastric cancer by targeting RUNX3. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3069-75 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that runt-related trans factor 3 (RUNX3) is the functional target of miR-106a. Collectively, these findings demonstrate that miR-106a may promote MDR in GC cells by targeting RUNX3. ..
- Wang Z, Liu M, Zhu H, Zhang W, He S, Hu C, et al. miR-106a is frequently upregulated in gastric cancer and inhibits the extrinsic apoptotic pathway by targeting FAS. Mol Carcinog. 2013;52:634-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that ectopicly overexpressed miR-106a may play an oncogenic role in gastric carcinogenesis and impair extrinsic apoptotic pathway through targeting FAS. ..
- Ak S, Tunca B, Tezcan G, Cecener G, Egeli U, Yilmazlar T, et al. MicroRNA expression patterns of tumors in early-onset colorectal cancer patients. J Surg Res. 2014;191:113-22 pubmed publisher..Thus, these miRNAs might be used as significant prognostic factors and indicators of early-stage CRC. Further studies and validations are required; these miRNAs may provide novel molecular targets for CRC treatment. ..
- Hackl M, Brunner S, Fortschegger K, Schreiner C, Micutkova L, Muck C, et al. miR-17, miR-19b, miR-20a, and miR-106a are down-regulated in human aging. Aging Cell. 2010;9:291-6 pubmed publisher..Decrease in these miRNAs correlated with increased transcript levels of some established target genes, especially the cdk inhibitor p21/CDKN1A. These results establish miRNAs as novel markers of cell aging in humans. ..
- Li X, Zhou Q, Tao L, Yu C. MicroRNA-106a promotes cell migration and invasion by targeting tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase 2 in cervical cancer. Oncol Rep. 2017;38:1774-1782 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicated that miR-106a promoted the migration, invasion and MMP expression of CC by targeting TIMP2, and may represent a novel potential therapeutic target and prognostic marker for CC. ..
- Tusong H, Maolakuerban N, Guan J, Rexiati M, Wang W, Azhati B, et al. Functional analysis of serum microRNAs miR-21 and miR-106a in renal cell carcinoma. Cancer Biomark. 2017;18:79-85 pubmed publisher..This outcome suggests that serum miR-21 and miR-106a expression level was closely related with kidney cancer tissue. We conclude that serum miR-21 and miR106a are expected to be molecular markers for RCC.
- Matz M, LORKOWSKI C, Fabritius K, Durek P, Wu K, Rudolph B, et al. Free microRNA levels in plasma distinguish T-cell mediated rejection from stable graft function after kidney transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2016;39:52-59 pubmed publisher..In contrast to miRNA expression measurement in blood cells it does not allow a discrimination from ABMR or interstitial fibrosis and tubular atrophy. ..
- Li H, Li T, Wang S, Wei J, Fan J, Li J, et al. miR-17-5p and miR-106a are involved in the balance between osteogenic and adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Res. 2013;10:313-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, miR-17-5p and miR-106a regulate osteogenic and adipogenic lineage commitment of hADSCs by directly targeting BMP2, and subsequently decreased osteogenic TAZ, MSX2 and Runx2, and increased adipogenic C/EBP? and PPAR?...
- Sharma A, Kumar M, Aich J, Hariharan M, Brahmachari S, Agrawal A, et al. Posttranscriptional regulation of interleukin-10 expression by hsa-miR-106a. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:5761-6 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results showed that IL-10 expression may be regulated by miR-106a, which is in turn transcriptionally regulated by Egr1 and Sp1. ..
- Cheng Q, Feng F, Zhu L, Zheng Y, Luo X, Liu C, et al. Circulating miR-106a is a Novel Prognostic and Lymph Node Metastasis Indicator for Cholangiocarcinoma. Sci Rep. 2015;5:16103 pubmed publisher..Together, reduced expression of serum miR-106a is a powerful prognostic indicator for CCA patients. The dismal outcome of these CCA patients might correlate with a higher risk of lymph node metastasis. ..
- Rao Y, Shi H, Ji M, Chen C. MiR-106a targets Mcl-1 to suppress cisplatin resistance of ovarian cancer A2780 cells. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2013;33:567-572 pubmed publisher..Mcl-1 was a direct target of miR-106a. These results suggest that miR-106a may provide a novel mechanism for understanding cisplatin resistance in ovarian cancer by modulating Mcl-1. ..
- Wang N, Wang L, Yang Y, Gong L, Xiao B, Liu X. A serum exosomal microRNA panel as a potential biomarker test for gastric cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1322-1328 pubmed publisher..01) and expressed at higher levels in stages III and IV compared to I and II stages (P < 0.05). These results suggest that serum exosomal miR-19b-3p and miR-106a-5p are novel potential biomarkers for detecting GC...
- Liao B, Bao X, Liu L, Feng S, Zovoilis A, Liu W, et al. MicroRNA cluster 302-367 enhances somatic cell reprogramming by accelerating a mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:17359-64 pubmed publisher..Our work thus provides an interesting alternative for improving reprogramming using miRNAs and adds new evidence for the emerging relationship between pluripotency and the epithelial phenotype. ..
- Ma H, Wen X, Zhang X, Wang X, Zhao D, Che S, et al. miR-106a* inhibits the proliferation of esophageal carcinoma cells by targeting CDK2-associated Cullin 1 (CACUL1). Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2015;61:56-62 pubmed..Our data indicate that miR-106a* might play an anti-oncogenic role in EC by regulating CACUL1 expression, which suggest miR-106a* as a new potential diagnostic and therapeutic target for EC. ..
- Guan X, Wang L, Liu Z, Guo X, Jiang Y, Lu Y, et al. miR-106a promotes cardiac hypertrophy by targeting mitofusin 2. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;99:207-217 pubmed publisher..The present study also uncovered a novel relationship between miR-106a and Mfn2, with Mfn2 as a downstream signaling mediator of miR-106a. ..
- Hong Z, Hong H, Liu J, Zheng X, Huang M, Li C, et al. miR-106a Is Downregulated in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells of Chronic Hepatitis B and Associated with Enhanced Levels of Interleukin-8. Mediators Inflamm. 2015;2015:629862 pubmed publisher..This study suggested that miR-106a is downregulated in PBMCs of CHB patients and that miR-106a may play an important role in CHB by targeting IL-8. ..
- Dai F, Liu T, Zheng S, Liu Q, Yang C, Zhou J, et al. MiR-106b promotes migration and invasion through enhancing EMT via downregulation of Smad 7 in Kazakh's esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:14595-14604 pubmed..Our results indicated that miR-106b can promote migration and invasion of ESCC cells through enhancing EMT process via downregulation of Smad 7, suggesting that miR-106b can be a potential molecular phenotype in ESCC metastases. ..
- Koga Y, Yamazaki N, Yamamoto Y, Yamamoto S, Saito N, Kakugawa Y, et al. Fecal miR-106a is a useful marker for colorectal cancer patients with false-negative results in immunochemical fecal occult blood test. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:1844-52 pubmed publisher..FmiRT combined with iFOBT may improve the sensitivity to detect colorectal cancer. We have shown the usefulness of fecal miR-106a to detect the colorectal cancer patients among those with negative iFOBT results. ..
- Zhu M, Zhang N, He S, Yan R, Zhang J. MicroRNA-106a functions as an oncogene in human gastric cancer and contributes to proliferation and metastasis in vitro and in vivo. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2016;33:509-19 pubmed publisher..Apoptotic body was also seen under electron microscope accompanied by silencing of miR-106a. Together, this data indicated that miR-106a may act as an oncogene and contribute to gastric cancer development. ..
- Catela Ivkovic T, Aralica G, Cacev T, Loncar B, Kapitanovic S. miR-106a overexpression and pRB downregulation in sporadic colorectal cancer. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:148-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miR-106a might have a regulatory role for Rb1 in sporadic colorectal cancer. ..
- Guo X, Yang C, Qian X, Lei T, Li Y, Shen H, et al. Estrogen receptor ? regulates ATM Expression through miRNAs in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:4994-5002 pubmed publisher..We also showed that miR-18a and -106a were significantly underexpressed in ER-negative breast cancer tissues. We reveal a novel mechanism involving ER? and miR-18a and -106a regulation of ATM in breast cancer. ..
- Hao H, Xia G, Wang C, Zhong F, Liu L, Zhang D. miR-106a suppresses tumor cells death in colorectal cancer through targeting ATG7. Med Mol Morphol. 2017;50:76-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the over-expression of ATG7 induced CRC cells death both in vitro and in vivo. Taken together, our study data demonstrated that ATG7 aggravated the cell death of CRC, which was inhibited by miR-106a. ..
- Huh J, Kim T, Kim K, Song J, Jung Y, Jeong J, et al. Dysregulation of miR-106a and miR-591 confers paclitaxel resistance to ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:452-61 pubmed publisher..MiR-106a and miR-591 have important roles in conferring PTX resistance to ovarian cancer cells. Modulation of these microRNAs resensitizes PTX-resistant cancer cells by targeting BCL10, caspase-7, and ZEB1. ..
- Ma Y, Zhang H, He X, Song H, Qiang Y, Li Y, et al. miR-106a* inhibits the proliferation of renal carcinoma cells by targeting IRS-2. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8389-98 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-106a* affects RCC progression by targeting IRS-2 with suppression of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in RCC cells. The findings suggest miR-106a* as a novel strategy for RCC treatment. ..
- Li P, Xu Q, Zhang D, Li X, Han L, Lei J, et al. Upregulated miR-106a plays an oncogenic role in pancreatic cancer. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:705-12 pubmed publisher..MiR-106a could be a critical therapeutic target in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Xie X, Liu H, Mei J, Ding F, Xiao H, Hu F, et al. miR-106a promotes growth and metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting PTEN. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:3827-34 pubmed..Overall, this study suggested that miR-106a inhibited the growth and metastasis of NSCLC cells by decreasing PTEN expression. These data provide novel insights with potential therapeutic applications for the treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Manne R, Agrawal Y, Bargale A, Patel A, Paul D, Gupta N, et al. A MicroRNA/Ubiquitin Ligase Feedback Loop Regulates Slug-Mediated Invasion in Breast Cancer. Neoplasia. 2017;19:483-495 pubmed publisher..Together, these results establish the presence of interplay between microRNAs and the ubiquitination machinery, which together regulate cancer cell invasion. ..
- He Q, Wang G, Zhang H, Tong D, Ding C, Liu K, et al. miR-106a-5p Suppresses the Proliferation, Migration, and Invasion of Osteosarcoma Cells by Targeting HMGA2. DNA Cell Biol. 2016;35:506-20 pubmed publisher..05). Downregulation of miR-106a-5p was found in OS tissues, and upregulation of miR-106a-5p can inhibit the proliferation, migration, and invasion by targeting HMGA2 in OS cells. ..
- Hu B, Cai H, Zheng R, Yang S, Zhou Z, Tu J. Long non-coding RNA 657 suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth by acting as a molecular sponge of miR-106a-5p to regulate PTEN expression. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;92:34-42 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the new evidence supporting the tumor-suppressive role of LINC00657 in HCC, suggesting that LINC00657 might play a role in HCC and can be a novel therapeutic target for treating HCC. ..
- Imig J, Brunschweiger A, BrÃ¼mmer A, Guennewig B, Mittal N, Kishore S, et al. miR-CLIP capture of a miRNA targetome uncovers a lincRNA H19-miR-106a interaction. Nat Chem Biol. 2015;11:107-14 pubmed publisher..During myoblast differentiation, levels of H19, miR-17-5p family members and mRNA targets changed in a manner suggesting that H19 acts as a 'sponge' for these miRNAs. ..