Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR100
Description: microRNA 100
Alias: MIRN100, miR-100
- Ge Y, Shi Q, Zheng Z, Gong J, Zeng C, Yang J, et al. MicroRNA-100 promotes the autophagy of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by inhibiting the expression of mTOR and IGF-1R. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6218-28 pubmed..Collectively, our data uncover a new regulatory mechanism of autophagy and a novel function of miR-100, and provide a potential therapeutic target for HCC. ..
- Torres A, Torres K, Pesci A, Ceccaroni M, Paszkowski T, Cassandrini P, et al. Deregulation of miR-100, miR-99a and miR-199b in tissues and plasma coexists with increased expression of mTOR kinase in endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:369 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings implicate that miRNA signatures can be considered promising biomarkers for early detection and prognosis of endometrioid endometrial carcinoma. ..
- Xiao F, Bai Y, Chen Z, Li Y, Luo L, Huang J, et al. Downregulation of HOXA1 gene affects small cell lung cancer cell survival and chemoresistance under the regulation of miR-100. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1541-54 pubmed publisher..Our data suggested that HOXA1-mediated SCLC chemoresistance is under the regulation of miR-100. HOXA1 may be a prognostic predictor and potential therapeutic target in human SCLC. ..
- Liu J, Lu K, Liu Z, Sun M, De W, Wang Z. MicroRNA-100 is a potential molecular marker of non-small cell lung cancer and functions as a tumor suppressor by targeting polo-like kinase 1. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:519 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that low miR-100 may be a poor prognostic factor for NSCLC patients and functions as a tumor suppressor by posttranscriptionally regulating PLK1 expression. ..
- Petrelli A, Perra A, Schernhuber K, Cargnelutti M, Salvi A, Migliore C, et al. Sequential analysis of multistage hepatocarcinogenesis reveals that miR-100 and PLK1 dysregulation is an early event maintained along tumor progression. Oncogene. 2012;31:4517-26 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first work unveiling the role of a miRNA family along HCC progression. ..
- Oliveira J, Brassesco M, Morales A, Pezuk J, Fedatto P, da Silva G, et al. MicroRNA-100 acts as a tumor suppressor in human bladder carcinoma 5637 cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12:3001-4 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to corroborate our findings and examine the potential use of this microRNA in future therapeutic interventions. ..
- Zeng Y, Qu X, Li H, Huang S, Wang S, Xu Q, et al. MicroRNA-100 regulates osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells by targeting BMPR2. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2375-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings imply that miR-100 plays a negative role in osteogenic differentiation and might act through targeting BMPR2. ..
- Peng D, Luo M, Qiu L, He Y, Wang X. Prognostic implications of microRNA-100 and its functional roles in human epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:1238-44 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that low miR-100 expression may be an independent poor prognostic factor and miR-100 can function as a tumor suppressor by targeting PLK1 in human EOCs. ..
- Denk J, Boelmans K, Siegismund C, Lassner D, Arlt S, Jahn H. MicroRNA Profiling of CSF Reveals Potential Biomarkers to Detect Alzheimer`s Disease. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0126423 pubmed publisher..Highly predicted targets included genes involved in the regulation of tau and amyloid pathways in AD like MAPT, BACE1 and mTOR. ..
- Vergani E, Di Guardo L, Dugo M, Rigoletto S, Tragni G, Ruggeri R, et al. Overcoming melanoma resistance to vemurafenib by targeting CCL2-induced miR-34a, miR-100 and miR-125b. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4428-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CCL2 and miRNAs are potential prognostic factors and attractive targets for counteracting treatment resistance in metastatic melanoma. ..
- Zhu Z, Wang C, Zhang Y, Nie L. MicroRNA-100 resensitizes resistant chondrosarcoma cells to cisplatin through direct targeting of mTOR. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:917-23 pubmed..Overexpression of miR-100 might be exploited as a therapeutic strategy along with cisplatin-based combined chemotherapy for the treatment of clinical chondrosarcoma patients. ..
- Zhou S, Zhang F, Chen X, Jun C, Jing X, Wei D, et al. miR-100 suppresses the proliferation and tumor growth of esophageal squamous cancer cells via targeting CXCR7. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:3453-9 pubmed publisher..We subsequently showed that CXCR7 is a direct target gene of miR-100. Our results indicated that miR-100 plays a tumor-suppressor role in esophageal cancer and suggest its potential application for esophageal cancer treatment. ..
- Zhou H, Fang J, Shang L, Zhang Z, Sang Y, Xu L, et al. MicroRNAs miR-125b and miR-100 suppress metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by disrupting the formation of vessels that encapsulate tumour clusters. J Pathol. 2016;240:450-460 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2016 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Yang G, Gong Y, Wang Q, Wang L, Zhang X. miR-100 antagonism triggers apoptosis by inhibiting ubiquitination-mediated p53 degradation. Oncogene. 2017;36:1023-1037 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the miR-100-RNF144B-pirh2-p53-dependent pathway was initiated. Our findings highlight a novel mechanism of ubiquitin-mediated p53 protein degradation in apoptosis. ..
- Huang J, Gao K, Lin J, Wang Q. MicroRNA-100 inhibits osteosarcoma cell proliferation by targeting Cyr61. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:1095-100 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we consider that miR-100 acts as a tumor suppressor for osteosarcoma. It may provide novel diagnostic and therapeutic options for human osteosarcoma in the future. ..
- Zhou S, Yang B, Zhao Y, Xu S, Zhang H, Li Z. Prognostic value of microRNA-100 in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. J Surg Res. 2014;192:515-20 pubmed publisher..More interestingly, the detection of miR-100 expression may be used to efficiently screen those ESCC patients who would benefit from radiotherapy. ..
- Pek S, Sum C, Lin M, Cheng A, Wong M, Lim S, et al. Circulating and visceral adipose miR-100 is down-regulated in patients with obesity and Type 2 diabetes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;427:112-23 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our in-vitro findings, and the miR-100 expression patterns in site-specific adipose tissue suggest miR-100 to modulate IGFR, mTOR and mediate adipogenesis. ..
- de Melo Maia B, Lavorato Rocha A, Rodrigues L, Coutinho Camillo C, Baiocchi G, Stiepcich M, et al. microRNA portraits in human vulvar carcinoma. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013;6:1231-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that microRNAs may be clinically important in vulvar carcinomas and our findings may help for further studies on functional implications of miRNA deregulation in this type of cancer. ..
- Akbari Moqadam F, Lange Turenhout E, Ariës I, Pieters R, den Boer M. MiR-125b, miR-100 and miR-99a co-regulate vincristine resistance in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leuk Res. 2013;37:1315-21 pubmed publisher..05). The concerted function of miR-125b in combination with miR-99a and/or miR-100 illustrates the complexity of vincristine-resistant pediatric ALL. ..
- Ghose J, Bhattacharyya N. Transcriptional regulation of microRNA-100, -146a, and -150 genes by p53 and NFÎºB p65/RelA in mouse striatal STHdh(Q7)/ Hdh(Q7) cells and human cervical carcinoma HeLa cells. RNA Biol. 2015;12:457-77 pubmed publisher..Our observation with cell lines thus provides an important platform upon which further work is to be done to establish the biological significance of such co-regulation of miRNAs by p53 and NFÎºB p65/RelA. ..
- Blick C, Ramachandran A, Wigfield S, McCormick R, Jubb A, Buffa F, et al. Hypoxia regulates FGFR3 expression via HIF-1? and miR-100 and contributes to cell survival in non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:50-9 pubmed publisher..Hypoxia, in part via suppression of miR-100, induces FGFR3 expression in bladder cancer, both of which have an important role in maintaining cell viability under conditions of stress. ..
- Rane J, Erb H, Nappo G, Mann V, Simms M, Collins A, et al. Inhibition of the glucocorticoid receptor results in an enhanced miR-99a/100-mediated radiation response in stem-like cells from human prostate cancers. Oncotarget. 2016;7:51965-51980 pubmed publisher..These results qualify the miR99 family as markers of radiation sensitivity and as potential therapeutic targets to improve efficiency of radiotherapy. ..
- Jin Y, Tymen S, Chen D, Fang Z, Zhao Y, Dragas D, et al. MicroRNA-99 family targets AKT/mTOR signaling pathway in dermal wound healing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64434 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified a panel of differentially expressed microRNAs which may play important roles in wound healing. We provide evidence that miR-99 family members contribute to wound healing by regulating the AKT/mTOR signaling. ..
- Liang Y, Zhao G, Tang L, Zhang J, Li T, Liu Z. MiR-100-3p and miR-877-3p regulate overproduction of IL-8 and IL-1? in mesangial cells activated by secretory IgA from IgA nephropathy patients. Exp Cell Res. 2016;347:312-21 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provide a new explanation characterizing the molecular mechanism responsible for the regulation of IL-1? and IL-8 production in P-SIgA-triggered mesangial cells. ..
- Guo P, Xiong X, Zhang S, Peng D. miR-100 resensitizes resistant epithelial ovarian cancer to cisplatin. Oncol Rep. 2016;36:3552-3558 pubmed publisher..miR-100 resensitizes resistant epithelial ovarian cancer to cisplatin probably by inhibiting cell proliferation, inducing apoptosis and arresting cell cycle and by targeted downregulation of mTOR and PLK1 expression. ..
- Wong L, Wee A, Lim J, Ng J, Chong J, Liew O, et al. Natriuretic peptide receptor 3 (NPR3) is regulated by microRNA-100. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;82:13-21 pubmed publisher..Results from this study point to a role for miR-100 in the regulation of NPR3 expression, and suggest a possible therapeutic target for modulation of NP bioactivity in heart disease. ..
- Petrelli A, Carollo R, Cargnelutti M, Iovino F, Callari M, Cimino D, et al. By promoting cell differentiation, miR-100 sensitizes basal-like breast cancer stem cells to hormonal therapy. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2315-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate a new possible therapeutic strategy, which could make aggressive breast cancers responsive to standard treatments. ..
- Bi Y, Jing Y, Cao Y. Overexpression of miR-100 inhibits growth of osteosarcoma through FGFR3. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8405-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that miR-100 may inhibit the growth of OS through FGFR3. ..
- Qin X, Yu S, Zhou L, Shi M, Hu Y, Xu X, et al. Cisplatin-resistant lung cancer cell-derived exosomes increase cisplatin resistance of recipient cells in exosomal miR-100-5p-dependent manner. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3721-3733 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new insights into the molecular mechanism of DDP resistance in lung cancer. ..
- Lu Y, Zhao X, Liu Q, Li C, Graves Deal R, Cao Z, et al. lncRNA MIR100HG-derived miR-100 and miR-125b mediate cetuximab resistance via Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Nat Med. 2017;23:1331-1341 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a clinically actionable, epigenetic cause of cetuximab resistance. ..
- Drayton R, Peter S, Myers K, Miah S, Dudziec E, Bryant H, et al. MicroRNA-99a and 100 mediated upregulation of FOXA1 in bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6375-86 pubmed..g. ERBB2). In conclusion, we have identified microRNAs-99a/100 mediate a direct relationship between FGFR3 and FOXA1 and potentially facilitate cross talk between these pathways in UCC. ..
- Ying J, Liu Y, Yang R, Zhang Y, Xu J. miR-100 Inhibits the Growth and Migration of Burn-Denatured Fibroblasts. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:697-701 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS Based on these observations, we concluded that miR-100 can inhibit the growth and migration of burn-denatured fibroblasts. ..
- Daschkey S, Rottgers S, Giri A, Bradtke J, Teigler Schlegel A, Meister G, et al. MicroRNAs distinguish cytogenetic subgroups in pediatric AML and contribute to complex regulatory networks in AML-relevant pathways. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56334 pubmed publisher..For the first time, to our knowledge, a complete AML data set resulting from carefully devised biochemical isolation experiments and analysis of Ago-associated miRNAs and their target-mRNAs is now available. ..
- Gong Y, He T, Yang L, Yang G, Chen Y, Zhang X. The role of miR-100 in regulating apoptosis of breast cancer cells. Sci Rep. 2015;5:11650 pubmed publisher..The downregulation of miR-100 sensitized SK-BR-3 cells to chemotherapy. Therefore, our finding highlights a novel aspect of the miR-100-MTMR3-p27 pathway in the molecular etiology of breast cancer. ..
- Li Z, Li X, Yu C, Wang M, Peng F, Xiao J, et al. MicroRNA-100 regulates pancreatic cancer cells growth and sensitivity to chemotherapy through targeting FGFR3. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:11751-9 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that miR-100 played an important role in pancreatic cancer development, possibly through targeting FGFR3. It may become a new therapeutic target for gene therapy in patients suffered from pancreatic cancer. ..
- Zhou H, Fang J, Luo X, Zhang L, Yang J, Zhang C, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-100 enhances the ICMT-Rac1 signaling and promotes metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Oncotarget. 2014;5:12177-88 pubmed..Taken together, miR-100 represses metastasis of HCC cells by abrogating the ICMT-Rac1 signaling. Downregulation of miR-100 contributes to HCC metastasis and the restoration of miR-100 is a potential strategy for cancer therapy. ..
- Chen W, Liu X, Lv M, Chen L, Zhao J, Zhong S, et al. Exosomes from drug-resistant breast cancer cells transmit chemoresistance by a horizontal transfer of microRNAs. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95240 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that drug-resistant breast cancer cells may spread resistance capacity to sensitive ones by releasing exosomes and that such effects could be partly attributed to the intercellular transfer of specific miRNAs. ..
- Zhang B, Zhao R, He Y, Fu X, Fu L, Zhu Z, et al. MicroRNA 100 sensitizes luminal A breast cancer cells to paclitaxel treatment in part by targeting mTOR. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5702-14 pubmed publisher..In addition, patients with lower levels of miR-100 expression had worse overall survival. These results suggest that miR-100 plays a causal role in determining the sensitivity of breast cancers to paclitaxel treatment. ..
- Zhang N, Fu H, Song L, Ding Y, Wang X, Zhao C, et al. MicroRNA-100 promotes migration and invasion through mammalian target of rapamycin in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1409-18 pubmed publisher..Similarly, miR-100 has been reported as a tumor suppressor by controlling cell migration and invasion, as it can target mTOR genes. These results provide insight into the potential mechanisms of miR-100 in the pathogenesis of ESCC. ..
- Xiao Q, Yang Y, An Q, Qi Y. MicroRNA-100 suppresses human osteosarcoma cell proliferation and chemo-resistance via ZNRF2. Oncotarget. 2017;8:34678-34686 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that re-expression of miR-100 may inhibit OS cell growth and decrease OS cell chemo-resistance. ..
- Li C, Gao Y, Zhang K, Chen J, Han S, Feng B, et al. Multiple Roles of MicroRNA-100 in Human Cancer and its Therapeutic Potential. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:2143-59 pubmed publisher..This review aims to summarize the recently published literature on the roles of miR-100 in regulating tumorigenesis, and explore its potential clinical applications for cancer diagnosis, prognosis and clinical treatment. ..
- Deng L, Shang L, Bai S, Chen J, He X, Martin Trevino R, et al. MicroRNA100 inhibits self-renewal of breast cancer stem-like cells and breast tumor development. Cancer Res. 2014;74:6648-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we report evidence implicating the miR100 in self-renewal of cancer stem-like cells (CSC)...
- Wang G, Chen L, Meng J, Chen M, Zhuang L, Zhang L. Overexpression of microRNA-100 predicts an unfavorable prognosis in renal cell carcinoma. Int Urol Nephrol. 2013;45:373-9 pubmed publisher..miR-100 expression may be a useful prognostic marker for this disease. ..
- Yan N, Yu S, Zhang H, Hou T. Lumbar Disc Degeneration is Facilitated by MiR-100-Mediated FGFR3 Suppression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:2229-36 pubmed publisher..In miR-100-modified HNPSV cells, we found that miR-100 decreased FGFR3 levels, and increased MMP13 levels. miR-100 may activate MMP13 through 3'UTR-suppressoin of FGFR3 mRNA to facilitate development of LDD. ..
- Fujino Y, Takeishi S, Nishida K, Okamoto K, Muguruma N, Kimura T, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-100/microRNA-125b is associated with lymph node metastasis in early colorectal cancer with submucosal invasion. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:390-397 pubmed publisher..In particular, miR-100 may promote metastasis by upregulating mTOR, IGF1R, Fas, and XIAP as targets. Thus, miR-100 and miR-125b may be novel biomarkers for lymph node metastasis of early CRCs with submucosal invasion. ..
- Zhu J, Yang L, You W, Cui X, Chen Y, Hu J, et al. Genetic variation in miR-100 rs1834306 is associated with decreased risk for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Kazakh patients in northwest China. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:7332-40 pubmed..609, 95% CI: 0.48-0.78, P=8.37Ã—10(-5)). These findings indicated that functional polymorphism miR-100 rs1834306 C>T might contribute to decreased ESCC risk. ..
- Wang G, Gu J, Gao Y. MicroRNA target for MACC1 and CYR61 to inhibit tumor growth in mice with colorectal cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:13983-13993 pubmed..As a result, CYR61 and MACC1 may serve as potential targets for gene therapy in human CRC treatments. ..
- Yang G, Gong Y, Wang Q, Wang Y, Zhang X. The role of miR-100-mediated Notch pathway in apoptosis of gastric tumor cells. Cell Signal. 2015;27:1087-101 pubmed publisher..The data also revealed that silencing of miR-100 expression sensitized gastric cancer cells to chemotherapy. Therefore our study presented a novel miR-100 mediated Notch pathway in apoptosis of tumor cells. ..
- Wang S, Xue S, Dai Y, Yang J, Chen Z, Fang X, et al. Reduced expression of microRNA-100 confers unfavorable prognosis in patients with bladder cancer. Diagn Pathol. 2012;7:159 pubmed publisher..The virtual slides' for this article can be found here: http://www.diagnosticpathology.diagnomx.eu/vs/1105483419841671. ..
- Liu Y, Zhu S, Wang X, Deng J, Li W, Zhang P, et al. MiR-100 Inhibits Osteosarcoma Cell Proliferation, Migration, and Invasion and Enhances Chemosensitivity by Targeting IGFIR. Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2016;15:NP40-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that miR-100 is a tumor suppressor microRNA and indicate its potential application for the treatment of osteosarcoma in future. ..
- Negi V, Paul D, Das S, Bajpai P, Singh S, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. Altered expression and editing of miRNA-100 regulates iTreg differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:8057-65 pubmed publisher..Such delicately counterbalanced systems are a hallmark of immune plasticity and we propose that miR-100 editing is a novel mechanism toward this end. ..
- Chen D, Sun Y, Yuan Y, Han Z, Zhang P, Zhang J, et al. miR-100 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition but suppresses tumorigenesis, migration and invasion. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004177 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a proof-of-principle that EMT and tumorigenicity are not always associated and that certain EMT inducers can inhibit tumorigenesis, migration and invasion. ..
- Leonhardt F, Grundmann S, Behe M, Bluhm F, Dumont R, Braun F, et al. Inflammatory neovascularization during graft-versus-host disease is regulated by ?v integrin and miR-100. Blood. 2013;121:3307-18 pubmed publisher..We identify negative regulation of GvHD-related neovascularization by miR-100, which indicates common pathomechanistic features of GvHD and ischemia. ..
- Wang H, Wang L, Wu Z, Sun R, Jin H, Ma J, et al. Three dysregulated microRNAs in serum as novel biomarkers for gastric cancer screening. Med Oncol. 2014;31:298 pubmed publisher..Significantly elevated expression of the three miRNAs was also observed in advanced GC patients, which suggested their availability in cancer staging. ..
- Boni V, Zarate R, Villa J, Bandres E, Gomez M, Maiello E, et al. Role of primary miRNA polymorphic variants in metastatic colon cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:429-36 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miRNA polymorphic variants might be useful predictors of clinical outcome in mCRC patients treated with 5-fluorouracil and CPT-11 combination. ..
- Peng H, Luo J, Hao H, Hu J, Xie S, Ren D, et al. MicroRNA-100 regulates SW620 colorectal cancer cell proliferation and invasion by targeting RAP1B. Oncol Rep. 2014;31:2055-62 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the miR-100 plays a tumor suppressor role by regulating colorectal cancer cell growth and invasion phenotype, and could serve as a potential maker for colorectal cancer therapy. ..
- Qin C, Huang R, Wang Z. Potential role of miR-100 in cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:1403-9 pubmed publisher..We will provide a brief introduction to miR-100 and discuss its role as a non-invasive biomarker and a potential therapeutic target in human cancers. ..
- de Oliveira J, Scrideli C, Brassesco M, Morales A, Pezuk J, Queiroz R, et al. Differential miRNA expression in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia and association with clinical and biological features. Leuk Res. 2012;36:293-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a potential activity of these microRNAs in pediatric ALL biology. ..
- Huang J, Egger M, Grizzle W, McNally L. MicroRNA-100 regulates IGF1-receptor expression in metastatic pancreatic cancer cells. Biotech Histochem. 2013;88:397-402 pubmed publisher..Immunocytochemistry confirmed the linkage of IGF1-R to miR-100, because cells transfected with miR-100 inhibitor showed a decrease in IGF1-R. Cells transfected with a miR-138 mimic, however, did not affect IGF1-R expression. ..