Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR1-2
Description: microRNA 1-2
Alias: MIRN1-2, hsa-mir-1-2, miRNA1-2
- Moskwa P, Zinn P, Choi Y, Shukla S, Fendler W, Chen C, et al. A functional screen identifies miRs that induce radioresistance in glioblastomas. Mol Cancer Res. 2014;12:1767-78 pubmed publisher..Systematic identification of miRs that cause radioresistance in gliomas is important for uncovering predictive markers for radiotherapy or targets for overcoming radioresistance. ..
- Letelier P, Garcia P, Leal P, Alvarez H, Ili C, Lopez J, et al. miR-1 and miR-145 act as tumor suppressor microRNAs in gallbladder cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:1849-67 pubmed..In vitro functional assays suggest that miR-1 and miR-145 act as tumor suppressor microRNAs in GBC. ..
- Duan Z, Shen J, Yang X, Yang P, Osaka E, Choy E, et al. Prognostic significance of miRNA-1 (miR-1) expression in patients with chordoma. J Orthop Res. 2014;32:695-701 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that suppressed miR-1 expression in chordoma may in part be a driver for tumor growth, and that miR-1 has potential to serve as prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for chordoma patients. ..
- Yu Q, Wu H, Huang X, Shen H, Shu Y, Zhang B, et al. MiR-1 targets PIK3CA and inhibits tumorigenic properties of A549 cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2014;68:155-61 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-1 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of NSCLC by regulating PIK3CA through the PI3K/Akt pathway. Increasing miR-1 expression may provide a novel approach for NSCLC treatment. ..
- Goldoni D, Yarham J, McGahon M, O Connor A, Guduric Fuchs J, Edgar K, et al. A novel dual-fluorescence strategy for functionally validating microRNA targets in 3' untranslated regions: regulation of the inward rectifier potassium channel K(ir)2.1 by miR-212. Biochem J. 2012;448:103-13 pubmed publisher..1 protein in HeLa cells. This novel assay has several advantages over traditional luciferase-based assays including larger sample size, amenability to time course studies and adaptability to high-throughput screening. ..
- Li S, Ma X, Ji J, Li H, Liu W, Lu F, et al. miR-1 association with cell proliferation inhibition and apoptosis in vestibular schwannoma by targeting VEGFA. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-1 suppresses VS growth by targeting VEGFA, and should be considered as a potential therapeutic target for treatment of this condition. ..
- Gómez Benito M, Conchillo A, Garcia M, Vazquez I, Maicas M, Vicente C, et al. EVI1 controls proliferation in acute myeloid leukaemia through modulation of miR-1-2. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1292-6 pubmed publisher..Our data showed that EVI1 controls proliferation in AML through modulation of miR-1-2. This study contributes to further understand the transcriptional networks involving transcription factors and miRNAs in AML. ..
- Duan L, Xiong X, Liu Y, Wang J. miRNA-1: functional roles and dysregulation in heart disease. Mol Biosyst. 2014;10:2775-82 pubmed publisher..Recently, studies revealed that microRNA-1 (miR-1) was frequently downregulated in various types of cardiac diseases. Here we review recent findings on the aberrant expression and functional significance of miR-1. ..
- Stope M, Cernat V, Kaul A, Diesing K, Koensgen D, Burchardt M, et al. Functionality of the Tumor Suppressor microRNA-1 in Malignant Tissue and Cell Line Cells of Uterine Leiomyosarcoma. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:1547-1550 pubmed..Regardless of the microRNA's cellular functionality, miR-1 may represent a promising biomarker of diagnosis in uLMS therapy. ..
- Gomes C, Oliveira Jr G, Madrid B, Almeida J, Franco O, Pereira R. Circulating miR-1, miR-133a, and miR-206 levels are increased after a half-marathon run. Biomarkers. 2014;19:585-9 pubmed publisher..Increased levels of miRNAs after exercise point to potential biomarkers and to the possibility of being functional players following endurance training. These miRNAs are potential biomarkers of muscle damage or adaptation to exercise. ..
- Hu C, Shen S, Cui Z, Chen Z, Li W. Effect of microRNA-1 on hepatocellular carcinoma tumor endothelial cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:5884-92 pubmed publisher..36) and the NC group (44.4 Â± 5.17) (P < 0.01). MiR-1 might be a potential tumor activator. Inhibiting its expression could decrease proliferation, induce apoptosis, and inhibit the migration and invasion of TECs of human HCC. ..
- Wu X, Li S, Xu X, Wu S, Chen R, Jiang Q, et al. The potential value of miR-1 and miR-374b as biomarkers for colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:2840-51 pubmed..However, large prospective studies are required to confirm the role of miRNAs. This study provides a new model for analyzing novel CRC biomarkers by considering more clinical factors. ..
- Liu K, Ying Z, Qi X, Shi Y, Tang Q. MicroRNA-1 regulates the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells by targeting insulin-like growth factor 1. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:817-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IGF1 may be involved in the regulation of VSMC proliferation by targeting miR-1. ..
- Minemura H, Takagi K, Miki Y, Shibahara Y, Nakagawa S, Ebata A, et al. Abnormal expression of miR-1 in breast carcinoma as a potent prognostic factor. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1642-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that abnormal miR-1 expression is associated with an aggressive phenotype of breast carcinoma and that miR-1 status is a potent prognostic factor in human breast cancer patients. ..
- Lu T, Lin B, Li Y, Arora A, Han L, Cui C, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-1 promotes cardiomyocyte commitment from human cardiovascular progenitors via suppressing WNT and FGF signaling pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;63:146-54 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study reveals a fate-switching role of miR-1 at early human cardiovascular commitment stage via suppressing both WNT and FGF signaling pathways. ..
- Wang T, Yuan J, Feng N, Li Y, Lin Z, Jiang Z, et al. Hsa-miR-1 downregulates long non-coding RNA urothelial cancer associated 1 in bladder cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:10075-84 pubmed..This study provides evidence for hsa-miR-1 to play tumor suppressive roles via downregulating lncRNA UCA1 in bladder cancer, which may have potential therapeutic significance. ..
- Jiang C, Chen H, Shao L, Wang Q. MicroRNA-1 functions as a potential tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma by targeting Med1 and Med31. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1249-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the findings of this study suggest that Med1 and Med31 serve as potential gene therapeutic targets in osteosarcoma and miR-1 may prove to be a promising agent. ..
- Sluijter J, van Mil A, van Vliet P, Metz C, Liu J, Doevendans P, et al. MicroRNA-1 and -499 regulate differentiation and proliferation in human-derived cardiomyocyte progenitor cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:859-68 pubmed publisher..By modulating miR-1 and -499 expression levels, human CMPC function can be altered and differentiation directed, thereby enhancing cardiomyogenic differentiation. ..
- Myers R, Timofeyev V, Li N, Kim C, Ledford H, Sirish P, et al. Feedback mechanisms for cardiac-specific microRNAs and cAMP signaling in electrical remodeling. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2015;8:942-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results illuminate the mechanistic links between miRs, adrenergic signaling, and electrical remodeling. They also serve as a proof-of-concept for the therapeutic potential of miR delivery post myocardial infarction. ..
- Wang G, Zhu J, Zhang J, Li Q, Li Y, He J, et al. Circulating microRNA: a novel potential biomarker for early diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in humans. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:659-66 pubmed publisher..Elevated cardiac-specific miR-208a in plasma may be a novel biomarker for early detection of myocardial injury in humans. ..
- Wu C, Kuo Y, Wu H, Lin C. MicroRNA-1 induces apoptosis by targeting prothymosin alpha in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. J Biomed Sci. 2011;18:80 pubmed publisher..Therefore PTMA siRNA may have potential applications as an adjuvant in cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Chen J, Yin H, Jiang Y, Radhakrishnan S, Huang Z, Li J, et al. Induction of microRNA-1 by myocardin in smooth muscle cells inhibits cell proliferation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:368-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neointimal lesions of mouse carotid arteries displayed downregulation of myocardin and miR-1 with upregulation of Pim-1. Our data demonstrate that miR-1 participates in myocardin-dependent of SMC proliferation inhibition. ..
- Feldman A, Moreira D, Gun C, Wang H, Hirata M, de Freitas Germano J, et al. Analysis of Circulating miR-1, miR-23a, and miR-26a in Atrial Fibrillation Patients Undergoing Coronary Bypass Artery Grafting Surgery. Ann Hum Genet. 2017;81:99-105 pubmed publisher..51-0.74; P? = ?0.02) and 0.66 (95% CI: 0.55-0.77; P? = ?0.01), respectively. Our data suggests that circulating miRNA-23a and -26a may be involved in the underlying biology of postoperative AF development. ..
- Li D, He B, Zhang H, Shan S, Liang Q, Yuan W, et al. The inhibitory effect of miRNA-1 on ET-1 gene expression. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1014-21 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that miRNA-1 could inhibit endogenous ET-1 gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Our study provides a new perspective on the regulatory mechanism of ET-1 gene. ..
- Wang X, Huang Y, Zhuang H, Qian Y, Zhao Q, Yang L, et al. Downregulation of MicroRNA-1 is Associated with Poor Prognosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Clin Lab. 2015;61:1331-6 pubmed..007), and TNM stage (HR = 3.421; p = 0.001) were independent prognostic factors for overall survival. Low miR-1 expression is associated with shortened survival time. MiR-1 may act as a potential prognostic biomarker for HCC patients. ..
- Lin J, Xue A, Li L, Li B, Li Y, Shen Y, et al. MicroRNA-19b Downregulates Gap Junction Protein Alpha1 and Synergizes with MicroRNA-1 in Viral Myocarditis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Based on the present and our previous studies, it could be indicated that miR-19b and miR-1 might be critically involved in cardiac arrhythmia associated with VMC. ..
- Liu X, Fan Z, Zhao T, Cao W, Zhang L, Li H, et al. Plasma miR-1, miR-208, miR-499 as potential predictive biomarkers for acute myocardial infarction: An independent study of Han population. Exp Gerontol. 2015;72:230-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, we confirmed the predictive values of plasma miR-1, miR-208 and miR-499 in AMI. In contrast to miR-1, the cardiac-specific miR-208 and miR-499 were supposed to be more reliable as biomarkers in AMI screening and prediction. ..
- Rigaud V, Ferreira L, Ayub Ferreira S, Ãvila M, BrandÃ£o S, Cruz F, et al. Circulating miR-1 as a potential biomarker of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6994-7002 pubmed publisher..851 and 0.544, p= 0.0016). Our data suggest that circulating miR-1 might be a potential new biomarker of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients. ..
- Singh A, Happel C, Manna S, Acquaah Mensah G, Carrerero J, Kumar S, et al. Transcription factor NRF2 regulates miR-1 and miR-206 to drive tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:2921-34 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that microRNA-dependent (miRNA-dependent) regulation of the PPP via NRF2 and HDAC4 represents a novel link between miRNA regulation, glucose metabolism, and ROS homeostasis in cancer cells. ..
- Terentyev D, Belevych A, Terentyeva R, Martin M, Malana G, Kuhn D, et al. miR-1 overexpression enhances Ca(2+) release and promotes cardiac arrhythmogenesis by targeting PP2A regulatory subunit B56alpha and causing CaMKII-dependent hyperphosphorylation of RyR2. Circ Res. 2009;104:514-21 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-1 enhances cardiac excitation-contraction coupling by selectively increasing phosphorylation of the L-type and RyR2 channels via disrupting localization of PP2A activity to these channels...
- Amatya V, Mawas A, Kushitani K, Mohi El Din M, Takeshima Y. Differential microRNA expression profiling of mesothelioma and expression analysis of miR-1 and miR-214 in mesothelioma. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1599-607 pubmed publisher..The miRNAs, miR-1 and miR-214, may play a role in carcinogenesis of mesothelioma thus might be considered as candidate therapeutic targets in mesothelioma. ..
- Liao C, Gui Y, Guo Y, Xu D. The regulatory function of microRNA-1 in arrhythmias. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:328-33 pubmed publisher..We aim at emphasizing the relationship between miR-1 and ion channels and proteins involved in the process of arrhythmia. In addition, we will pay attention to its future therapeutic prospects. ..
- Liu T, Hu K, Zhao Z, Chen G, Ou X, Zhang H, et al. MicroRNA-1 down-regulates proliferation and migration of breast cancer stem cells by inhibiting the Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway. Oncotarget. 2015;6:41638-49 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 down-regulates breast CSC stemness, proliferation and migration by targeting the Frizzled 7 and TNKS2 to inhibit the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. ..
- Chou J, Wang B, Zheng T, Li X, Zheng L, Hu J, et al. MALAT1 induced migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells by competitively binding miR-1 with cdc42. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:262-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MALAT1 regulated migration and invasion of breast cancer cells via affecting cdc42 through binding miR-1 competitively. ..
- Li J, Cao Y, Ma X, Wang H, Zhang J, Luo X, et al. Roles of miR-1-1 and miR-181c in ventricular septal defects. Int J Cardiol. 2013;168:1441-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, the results revealed that miR-1-1 and miR-181c directly regulate the expression of these predicted targets. miR-1-1 and miR-181c are associated with the pathogenesis of VSDs. ..
- Varendi K, Kumar A, Härma M, Andressoo J. miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 are novel regulators of BDNF. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014;71:4443-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results highlight miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 as novel regulators of BDNF long and short 3'UTR isoforms, supporting future research in different physiological and pathological contexts. ..