Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIR1-1
Description: microRNA 1-1
Alias: MIRN1-1, hsa-mir-1-1, miRNA1-1
- Yang B, Lin H, Xiao J, Lu Y, Luo X, Li B, et al. The muscle-specific microRNA miR-1 regulates cardiac arrhythmogenic potential by targeting GJA1 and KCNJ2. Nat Med. 2007;13:486-91 pubmed..1) and GJA1 (which encodes connexin 43), and this likely accounts at least in part for its arrhythmogenic potential. Thus, miR-1 may have important pathophysiological functions in the heart, and is a potential antiarrhythmic target. ..
- Liu Y, Yin J, Abou Kheir W, Hynes P, Casey O, Fang L, et al. MiR-1 and miR-200 inhibit EMT via Slug-dependent and tumorigenesis via Slug-independent mechanisms. Oncogene. 2013;32:296-306 pubmed publisher..Various miR targets were analyzed, and our findings suggest that miR-1 has roles in regulating EMT and mesenchymal differentiation through Slug and functions in tumor-suppressive programs by regulating additional targets. ..
- Hudson R, Yi M, Esposito D, Watkins S, Hurwitz A, Yfantis H, et al. MicroRNA-1 is a candidate tumor suppressor and prognostic marker in human prostate cancer. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:3689-703 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings indicate that miR-1 acts as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer by influencing multiple cancer-related processes and by inhibiting cell proliferation and motility. ..
- Lewis A, Riddoch Contreras J, Natanek S, Donaldson A, Man W, Moxham J, et al. Downregulation of the serum response factor/miR-1 axis in the quadriceps of patients with COPD. Thorax. 2012;67:26-34 pubmed publisher..The role of these factors in the skeletal muscle dysfunction that accompanies COPD is unknown...
- Rau F, Freyermuth F, Fugier C, Villemin J, Fischer M, Jost B, et al. Misregulation of miR-1 processing is associated with heart defects in myotonic dystrophy. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:840-5 pubmed publisher..CACNA1C and GJA1 encode the main calcium- and gap-junction channels in heart, respectively, and we propose that their misregulation may contribute to the cardiac dysfunctions observed in affected persons. ..
- Leone V, D Angelo D, Rubio I, de Freitas P, Federico A, Colamaio M, et al. MiR-1 is a tumor suppressor in thyroid carcinogenesis targeting CCND2, CXCR4, and SDF-1alpha. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E1388-98 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the involvement of miR-1 in thyroid cell proliferation and migration, validating a role of miR-1 down-regulation in thyroid carcinogenesis. ..
- Novello C, Pazzaglia L, Cingolani C, Conti A, Quattrini I, Manara M, et al. miRNA expression profile in human osteosarcoma: role of miR-1 and miR-133b in proliferation and cell cycle control. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:667-75 pubmed publisher..Our data assessed specific miRNA profiling deregulation in OS clinical samples and suggest that the expression of miR-1 and miR-133b may control cell proliferation and cell cycle through MET protein expression modulation. ..
- Duan Z, Choy E, Nielsen G, Rosenberg A, Iafrate J, Yang C, et al. Differential expression of microRNA (miRNA) in chordoma reveals a role for miRNA-1 in Met expression. J Orthop Res. 2010;28:746-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that some miRNAs are differentially expressed in chordoma and, in particular, miRNA-1 may have a functional effect on chordoma tumor pathogenesis...
- Datta J, Kutay H, Nasser M, Nuovo G, Wang B, Majumder S, et al. Methylation mediated silencing of MicroRNA-1 gene and its role in hepatocellular carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5049-58 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of cell cycle progression and induction of apoptosis after re-expression of miR-1 are some of the mechanisms by which DNA hypomethylating agents suppress hepatocarcinoma cell growth. ..
- Yu Q, Wu H, Huang X, Shen H, Shu Y, Zhang B, et al. MiR-1 targets PIK3CA and inhibits tumorigenic properties of A549 cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2014;68:155-61 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-1 may play an important role in the pathogenesis of NSCLC by regulating PIK3CA through the PI3K/Akt pathway. Increasing miR-1 expression may provide a novel approach for NSCLC treatment. ..
- Yoshino H, Enokida H, Chiyomaru T, Tatarano S, Hidaka H, Yamasaki T, et al. Tumor suppressive microRNA-1 mediated novel apoptosis pathways through direct inhibition of splicing factor serine/arginine-rich 9 (SRSF9/SRp30c) in bladder cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:588-93 pubmed publisher..The identification of molecular mechanisms between miRNAs and SR proteins could provide novel apoptosis pathways and their epigenetic regulations and offer new strategies for BC treatment. ..
- Chen W, Leung C, Pan H, Hu L, Li S, Ho M, et al. Silencing of miR-1-1 and miR-133a-2 cluster expression by DNA hypermethylation in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:1069-76 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, epigenetic repression of the miR-1-133a cluster may play a critical role in colorectal cancer metastasis by silencing TAGLN2. ..
- Nohata N, Hanazawa T, Enokida H, Seki N. microRNA-1/133a and microRNA-206/133b clusters: dysregulation and functional roles in human cancers. Oncotarget. 2012;3:9-21 pubmed..33, 18q11.2 and 6p12.1, respectively. Here we review highlights of recent findings on the aberrant expression and functional significance of?the miR-1/miR-133a and miR-206/miR-133b clusters in human cancers. ..
- Wang T, Yuan J, Feng N, Li Y, Lin Z, Jiang Z, et al. Hsa-miR-1 downregulates long non-coding RNA urothelial cancer associated 1 in bladder cancer. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:10075-84 pubmed..This study provides evidence for hsa-miR-1 to play tumor suppressive roles via downregulating lncRNA UCA1 in bladder cancer, which may have potential therapeutic significance. ..
- Li J, Cao Y, Ma X, Wang H, Zhang J, Luo X, et al. Roles of miR-1-1 and miR-181c in ventricular septal defects. Int J Cardiol. 2013;168:1441-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, the results revealed that miR-1-1 and miR-181c directly regulate the expression of these predicted targets. miR-1-1 and miR-181c are associated with the pathogenesis of VSDs. ..
- Lu T, Lin B, Li Y, Arora A, Han L, Cui C, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-1 promotes cardiomyocyte commitment from human cardiovascular progenitors via suppressing WNT and FGF signaling pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;63:146-54 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study reveals a fate-switching role of miR-1 at early human cardiovascular commitment stage via suppressing both WNT and FGF signaling pathways. ..
- Citron F, Armenia J, Franchin G, Polesel J, Talamini R, D Andrea S, et al. An Integrated Approach Identifies Mediators of Local Recurrence in Head and Neck Squamous Carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3769-3780 pubmed publisher..i>Clin Cancer Res; 23(14); 3769-80. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Jiang Y, Yin H, Zheng X. MicroRNA-1 inhibits myocardin-induced contractility of human vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:506-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest a role of miR-1 in the negative feedback loop in the regulation of contractility induced by myocardin. ..
- Kakimoto Y, Kamiguchi H, Ochiai E, Satoh F, Osawa M. MicroRNA Stability in Postmortem FFPE Tissues: Quantitative Analysis Using Autoptic Samples from Acute Myocardial Infarction Patients. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0129338 pubmed publisher..1-fold). This study highlights the stability of miRNAs after death and long-term fixation, validating their use as reliable biomarkers for AMI during postmortem examination. ..
- Furukawa S, Kawasaki Y, Miyamoto M, Hiyoshi M, Kitayama J, Akiyama T. The miR-1-NOTCH3-Asef pathway is important for colorectal tumor cell migration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e80609 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the miR-1-NOTCH3-Asef pathway is important for colorectal tumor cell migration and may be a promising molecular target for the treatment of colorectal tumors. ..
- Varendi K, Kumar A, Härma M, Andressoo J. miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 are novel regulators of BDNF. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014;71:4443-56 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results highlight miR-1, miR-10b, miR-155, and miR-191 as novel regulators of BDNF long and short 3'UTR isoforms, supporting future research in different physiological and pathological contexts. ..
- Jiang C, Chen H, Shao L, Wang Q. MicroRNA-1 functions as a potential tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma by targeting Med1 and Med31. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:1249-56 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the findings of this study suggest that Med1 and Med31 serve as potential gene therapeutic targets in osteosarcoma and miR-1 may prove to be a promising agent. ..
- Wang X, Huang Y, Zhuang H, Qian Y, Zhao Q, Yang L, et al. Downregulation of MicroRNA-1 is Associated with Poor Prognosis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Clin Lab. 2015;61:1331-6 pubmed..007), and TNM stage (HR = 3.421; p = 0.001) were independent prognostic factors for overall survival. Low miR-1 expression is associated with shortened survival time. MiR-1 may act as a potential prognostic biomarker for HCC patients. ..
- Li J, Guan J, Long X, Wang Y, Xiang X. mir-1-mediated paracrine effect of cancer-associated fibroblasts on lung cancer cell proliferation and chemoresistance. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:3523-31 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data provide one explanation for the effects of CAFs on lung cancer cells. Meanwhile, our results also suggest CAFs as a potential therapeutic target in tumor treatment. ..
- Rigaud V, Ferreira L, Ayub Ferreira S, Ãvila M, BrandÃ£o S, Cruz F, et al. Circulating miR-1 as a potential biomarker of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2017;8:6994-7002 pubmed publisher..851 and 0.544, p= 0.0016). Our data suggest that circulating miR-1 might be a potential new biomarker of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients. ..
- Chiu K, Lin Y, Kuo T, Lo C, Huang Y, Chang H, et al. ADAM9 enhances CDCP1 by inhibiting miR-1 through EGFR signaling activation in lung cancer metastasis. Oncotarget. 2017;8:47365-47378 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that ADAM9 down-regulates miR-1 via activating EGFR signaling pathways, which in turn enhances CDCP1 expression to promote lung cancer progression. ..
- Liu X, Fan Z, Zhao T, Cao W, Zhang L, Li H, et al. Plasma miR-1, miR-208, miR-499 as potential predictive biomarkers for acute myocardial infarction: An independent study of Han population. Exp Gerontol. 2015;72:230-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, we confirmed the predictive values of plasma miR-1, miR-208 and miR-499 in AMI. In contrast to miR-1, the cardiac-specific miR-208 and miR-499 were supposed to be more reliable as biomarkers in AMI screening and prediction. ..
- Niu J, Sun Y, Guo Q, Niu D, Liu B. miR-1 Inhibits Cell Growth, Migration, and Invasion by Targeting VEGFA in Osteosarcoma Cells. Dis Markers. 2016;2016:7068986 pubmed..Knockdown of VEGFA by siRNA inhibited proliferation, migration, and invasion of U2OS cells. Our study suggested the potential inhibitory function of miR-1 in OS cell proliferation, migration, and invasion via inhibiting VEGFA. ..
- Li D, Liu Y, Li H, Peng J, Tan Y, Zou Q, et al. MicroRNA-1 promotes apoptosis of hepatocarcinoma cells by targeting apoptosis inhibitor-5 (API-5). FEBS Lett. 2015;589:68-76 pubmed publisher..Negative regulation of API-5 expression by miR-1 was demonstrated to promote apoptosis of HepG2 cells. Our study provides a novel regulatory mechanism of miR-1 in the apoptosis of hepatoma cells. ..
- Stope M, Cernat V, Kaul A, Diesing K, Koensgen D, Burchardt M, et al. Functionality of the Tumor Suppressor microRNA-1 in Malignant Tissue and Cell Line Cells of Uterine Leiomyosarcoma. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:1547-1550 pubmed..Regardless of the microRNA's cellular functionality, miR-1 may represent a promising biomarker of diagnosis in uLMS therapy. ..
- Shang A, Yang M, Shen F, Wang J, Wei J, Wang W, et al. MiR-1-3p Suppresses the Proliferation, Invasion and Migration of Bladder Cancer Cells by Up-Regulating SFRP1 Expression. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1179-1188 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is similar to the effect of SFRP1 over-expression on bladder cancer cells. MiR-1-3p suppresses the proliferation, invasion and migration of bladder cancer cells by up-regulating SFRP1 expression. ..
- Chen J, Yin H, Jiang Y, Radhakrishnan S, Huang Z, Li J, et al. Induction of microRNA-1 by myocardin in smooth muscle cells inhibits cell proliferation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:368-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neointimal lesions of mouse carotid arteries displayed downregulation of myocardin and miR-1 with upregulation of Pim-1. Our data demonstrate that miR-1 participates in myocardin-dependent of SMC proliferation inhibition. ..
- Wu X, Li S, Xu X, Wu S, Chen R, Jiang Q, et al. The potential value of miR-1 and miR-374b as biomarkers for colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:2840-51 pubmed..However, large prospective studies are required to confirm the role of miRNAs. This study provides a new model for analyzing novel CRC biomarkers by considering more clinical factors. ..
- Zhu K, Wang W. Green tea polyphenol EGCG suppresses osteosarcoma cell growth through upregulating miR-1. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4373-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that EGCG has an anticancer effect on OS cells, at least partially, through regulating miR-1/c-MET interaction. ..
- Lin J, Xue A, Li L, Li B, Li Y, Shen Y, et al. MicroRNA-19b Downregulates Gap Junction Protein Alpha1 and Synergizes with MicroRNA-1 in Viral Myocarditis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Based on the present and our previous studies, it could be indicated that miR-19b and miR-1 might be critically involved in cardiac arrhythmia associated with VMC. ..
- Sluijter J, van Mil A, van Vliet P, Metz C, Liu J, Doevendans P, et al. MicroRNA-1 and -499 regulate differentiation and proliferation in human-derived cardiomyocyte progenitor cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:859-68 pubmed publisher..By modulating miR-1 and -499 expression levels, human CMPC function can be altered and differentiation directed, thereby enhancing cardiomyogenic differentiation. ..
- Feldman A, Moreira D, Gun C, Wang H, Hirata M, de Freitas Germano J, et al. Analysis of Circulating miR-1, miR-23a, and miR-26a in Atrial Fibrillation Patients Undergoing Coronary Bypass Artery Grafting Surgery. Ann Hum Genet. 2017;81:99-105 pubmed publisher..51-0.74; P? = ?0.02) and 0.66 (95% CI: 0.55-0.77; P? = ?0.01), respectively. Our data suggests that circulating miRNA-23a and -26a may be involved in the underlying biology of postoperative AF development. ..
- Kuwabara Y, Ono K, Horie T, Nishi H, Nagao K, Kinoshita M, et al. Increased microRNA-1 and microRNA-133a levels in serum of patients with cardiovascular disease indicate myocardial damage. Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2011;4:446-54 pubmed publisher..Circulating miR-133a can be used as a marker for cardiomyocyte death, and it may have functions in cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Xu X, Wu X, Jiang Q, Sun Y, Liu H, Chen R, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-1 and microRNA-145 contributes synergistically to the development of colon cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:1630-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated that miR-145 and miR-1 play a negative regulatory role in the proliferation of colon cancer by targeting NAIP; thus, miR-145 and miR-1 may prove to be novel therapeutic targets in the treatment of colon cancer. ..
- Mataki H, Enokida H, Chiyomaru T, Mizuno K, Matsushita R, Goto Y, et al. Downregulation of the microRNA-1/133a cluster enhances cancer cell migration and invasion in lung-squamous cell carcinoma via regulation of Coronin1C. J Hum Genet. 2015;60:53-61 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of novel cancer signaling pathways modulated by the tumor-suppressive cluster miR-1/133a will provide insights into the molecular mechanisms of lung-SCC oncogenesis and metastasis. ..
- Liao C, Gui Y, Guo Y, Xu D. The regulatory function of microRNA-1 in arrhythmias. Mol Biosyst. 2016;12:328-33 pubmed publisher..We aim at emphasizing the relationship between miR-1 and ion channels and proteins involved in the process of arrhythmia. In addition, we will pay attention to its future therapeutic prospects. ..
- Liu T, Hu K, Zhao Z, Chen G, Ou X, Zhang H, et al. MicroRNA-1 down-regulates proliferation and migration of breast cancer stem cells by inhibiting the Wnt/Î²-catenin pathway. Oncotarget. 2015;6:41638-49 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that miR-1 down-regulates breast CSC stemness, proliferation and migration by targeting the Frizzled 7 and TNKS2 to inhibit the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. ..
- Hedley P, Carlsen A, Christiansen K, Kanters J, Behr E, Corfield V, et al. MicroRNAs in cardiac arrhythmia: DNA sequence variation of MiR-1 and MiR-133A in long QT syndrome. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2014;74:485-91 pubmed publisher..19G> A and n.98C> T). None of the variants affect the mature miRNA products. Our findings indicate that sequence variants of miR-1-1, miR-1-2, miR-133a-1 and miR-133a-2 are not a cause of LQTS in this cohort. ..
- Amatya V, Mawas A, Kushitani K, Mohi El Din M, Takeshima Y. Differential microRNA expression profiling of mesothelioma and expression analysis of miR-1 and miR-214 in mesothelioma. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:1599-607 pubmed publisher..The miRNAs, miR-1 and miR-214, may play a role in carcinogenesis of mesothelioma thus might be considered as candidate therapeutic targets in mesothelioma. ..
- Chou J, Wang B, Zheng T, Li X, Zheng L, Hu J, et al. MALAT1 induced migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells by competitively binding miR-1 with cdc42. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;472:262-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MALAT1 regulated migration and invasion of breast cancer cells via affecting cdc42 through binding miR-1 competitively. ..
- Li D, He B, Zhang H, Shan S, Liang Q, Yuan W, et al. The inhibitory effect of miRNA-1 on ET-1 gene expression. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1014-21 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that miRNA-1 could inhibit endogenous ET-1 gene expression at the post-transcriptional level. Our study provides a new perspective on the regulatory mechanism of ET-1 gene. ..
- Wang D, Li T, Cui H, Zhang Y. Analysis of the Indicating Value of Cardiac Troponin I, Tumor Necrosis Factor-?, Interleukin-18, Mir-1 and Mir-146b for Viral Myocarditis among Children. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;40:1325-1333 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of the TNF-?, IL-18 and cTnI and the expression levels of the miR-1 and miR-146b could be used to predict VMC among children and this approach may reinforce the diagnosis of VMC in clinical practices. ..
- Zhou X, Mao A, Wang X, Duan X, Yao Y, Zhang C. Urine and serum microRNA-1 as novel biomarkers for myocardial injury in open-heart surgeries with cardiopulmonary bypass. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62245 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that serum and urine miR-1 may be a novel sensitive biomarker for myocardial injury in open-heart surgeries with CPB. ..
- Li Y, Hong Y, Yusufuaji Y, Tang B, Zhou X, Xu G, et al. Altered expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels and microRNA-1 and -133 in patients with age-associated atrial fibrillation. Mol Med Rep. 2015;12:3243-3248 pubmed publisher..These electrophysiological changes may contribute to the induction of ectopic premature beats that trigger atrial fibrillation. ..
- Hu T, Chang Y, Xiao Z, Mao R, Tong J, Chen B, et al. miR-1 inhibits progression of high-risk papillomavirus-associated human cervical cancer by targeting G6PD. Oncotarget. 2016;7:86103-86116 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-1 suppresses the development and progression of HR-HPV 16/18-infected cervical cancer by targeting G6PD and may be a promising novel therapeutic candidate. ..
- Goldoni D, Yarham J, McGahon M, O Connor A, Guduric Fuchs J, Edgar K, et al. A novel dual-fluorescence strategy for functionally validating microRNA targets in 3' untranslated regions: regulation of the inward rectifier potassium channel K(ir)2.1 by miR-212. Biochem J. 2012;448:103-13 pubmed publisher..1 protein in HeLa cells. This novel assay has several advantages over traditional luciferase-based assays including larger sample size, amenability to time course studies and adaptability to high-throughput screening. ..
- Bektik E, Dennis A, Prasanna P, Madabhushi A, Fu J. Single cell qPCR reveals that additional HAND2 and microRNA-1 facilitate the early reprogramming progress of seven-factor-induced human myocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183000 pubmed publisher..Our study provides valuable information to further optimize a method of direct iCM-reprogramming in human cells. ..
- Liao Z, Wang X, Liang H, Yu A, Ur Rehman U, Fan Q, et al. miR-1 suppresses the proliferation and promotes the apoptosis of esophageal carcinoma cells by targeting Src. Cancer Med. 2017;6:2957-2965 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study underlines a negative regulatory mechanism in which miR-1 serves as a suppressor of Src in esophageal cancer cells and may provide insights into novel therapeutic approaches for esophageal cancer. ..
- Ai J, Zhang R, Li Y, Pu J, Lu Y, Jiao J, et al. Circulating microRNA-1 as a potential novel biomarker for acute myocardial infarction. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;391:73-7 pubmed publisher..8522 for separation AMI patients under hospitalization and discharge. Collectively, our results revealed that circulating miR-1 may be a novel, independent biomarker for diagnosis of AMI. ..
- Letelier P, Garcia P, Leal P, Alvarez H, Ili C, Lopez J, et al. miR-1 and miR-145 act as tumor suppressor microRNAs in gallbladder cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:1849-67 pubmed..In vitro functional assays suggest that miR-1 and miR-145 act as tumor suppressor microRNAs in GBC. ..
- Jin C, Yan B, Lu Q, Lin Y, Ma L. The role of MALAT1/miR-1/slug axis on radioresistance in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:4025-33 pubmed publisher..Taking these observations into consideration, we proposed that MALAT1 regulated CSC activity and radioresistance by modulating miR-1/slug axis, which indicated that MALAT1 could act as a therapeutic target for NPC patients. ..
- Liu K, Ying Z, Qi X, Shi Y, Tang Q. MicroRNA-1 regulates the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells by targeting insulin-like growth factor 1. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:817-24 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IGF1 may be involved in the regulation of VSMC proliferation by targeting miR-1. ..
- Hu C, Shen S, Cui Z, Chen Z, Li W. Effect of microRNA-1 on hepatocellular carcinoma tumor endothelial cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:5884-92 pubmed publisher..36) and the NC group (44.4 Â± 5.17) (P < 0.01). MiR-1 might be a potential tumor activator. Inhibiting its expression could decrease proliferation, induce apoptosis, and inhibit the migration and invasion of TECs of human HCC. ..
- Han C, Yu Z, Duan Z, Kan Q. Role of microRNA-1 in human cancer and its therapeutic potentials. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:428371 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight recent findings on the aberrant expression and functional significance of miR-1 in human cancers and emphasize its significant values for therapeutic potentials. ..
- Duan L, Xiong X, Liu Y, Wang J. miRNA-1: functional roles and dysregulation in heart disease. Mol Biosyst. 2014;10:2775-82 pubmed publisher..Recently, studies revealed that microRNA-1 (miR-1) was frequently downregulated in various types of cardiac diseases. Here we review recent findings on the aberrant expression and functional significance of miR-1. ..
- Jiang S, Zhao C, Yang X, Li X, Pan Q, Huang H, et al. miR-1 suppresses the growth of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in vivo and in vitro through the downregulation of MET, cyclin D1 and CDK4 expression. Int J Mol Med. 2016;38:113-22 pubmed publisher..The newly identified miR?1/MET/cyclin D1/CDK4 axis provides new insight into the molecular mechanisms of ESCC pathogenesis and indicates a novel strategy for the diagnosis and treatment of ESCC. ..
- Sun L, Sun S, Zeng S, Li Y, Pan W, Zhang Z. Expression of circulating microRNA-1 and microRNA-133 in pediatric patients with tachycardia. Mol Med Rep. 2015;11:4039-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, patients with SVT had lower miRâ€‘1 expression levels while those with VT had higher miRâ€‘133 expression levels. ..
- Wang L, Zhi H, Li Y, Ma G, Ye X, Yu X, et al. Polymorphism in miRNA-1 target site and circulating miRNA-1 phenotype are associated with the decreased risk and prognosis of coronary artery disease. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014;7:5093-102 pubmed..Our findings implicate miRNA-1 target site rs9548934Câ†’T genotypes, circulating miRNA-1 phenotype and CRP levels may modulate the occurrence and MACE of CAD. ..
- Gomes C, Oliveira Jr G, Madrid B, Almeida J, Franco O, Pereira R. Circulating miR-1, miR-133a, and miR-206 levels are increased after a half-marathon run. Biomarkers. 2014;19:585-9 pubmed publisher..Increased levels of miRNAs after exercise point to potential biomarkers and to the possibility of being functional players following endurance training. These miRNAs are potential biomarkers of muscle damage or adaptation to exercise. ..
- Li Y, Shelat H, Geng Y. IGF-1 prevents oxidative stress induced-apoptosis in induced pluripotent stem cells which is mediated by microRNA-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:615-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, IGF-1 inhibits H(2)O(2)-induced mitochondrial dysfunction, cytochrome-c release and apoptosis. IGF-1's effect is, at least partially, regulated by miR-1 in iPS cells. ..
- Minemura H, Takagi K, Miki Y, Shibahara Y, Nakagawa S, Ebata A, et al. Abnormal expression of miR-1 in breast carcinoma as a potent prognostic factor. Cancer Sci. 2015;106:1642-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that abnormal miR-1 expression is associated with an aggressive phenotype of breast carcinoma and that miR-1 status is a potent prognostic factor in human breast cancer patients. ..
- Siu M, Chen W, Tsai H, Chen H, Yin J, Chen C, et al. TCF7 is suppressed by the androgen receptor via microRNA-1-mediated downregulation and is involved in the development of resistance to androgen deprivation in prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2017;20:172-178 pubmed publisher..Dysregulation of TCF7 promoted a survival advantage and resistance to androgen deprivation, suggesting its therapeutic potential for castration-resistant prostate cancer. ..