Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIAT
Description: myocardial infarction associated transcript (non-protein coding)
Alias: C22orf35, GOMAFU, LINC00066, NCRNA00066, RNCR2
- Crea F, Venalainen E, Ci X, Cheng H, Pikor L, Parolia A, et al. The role of epigenetics and long noncoding RNA MIAT in neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Epigenomics. 2016;8:721-31 pubmed publisher..Their role in NEPC has not been investigated. We show preliminary evidence indicating that a lncRNA (MIAT) is selectively upregulated in NEPCs and might interact with Polycomb genes...
- Jin C, Zheng Y, Huang Y, Liu Y, Jia L, Zhou Y. Long non-coding RNA MIAT knockdown promotes osteogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:33-41 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the role of lncRNA myocardial infarction-associated transcript (MIAT) in the osteogenic differentiation of hASCs...
- Zhang H, Zheng F, Yang W, Lu J. The long non-coding RNA MIAT regulates zinc finger E-box binding homeobox 1 expression by sponging miR-150 and promoteing cell invasion in non-small-cell lung cancer. Gene. 2017;633:61-65 pubmed publisherThe myocardial infarction associated transcript (MIAT), a long non-coding RNA (lncRNA), was originally identified as a candidate gene for myocardial infarction, and was recently shown to participate in the progression of cancer and the ..
- Zhang X, Sun S, Lam K, Kiang K, Pu J, Ho A, et al. A long non-coding RNA signature in glioblastoma multiforme predicts survival. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;58:123-31 pubmed publisher..The identification of the prognostic lncRNAs indicates the potential roles of lncRNAs in GBM pathogenesis. This six-lncRNA signature may have clinical implications in the subclassification of GBM. ..
- Ishizuka A, Hasegawa Y, Ishida K, Yanaka K, Nakagawa S. Formation of nuclear bodies by the lncRNA Gomafu-associating proteins Celf3 and SF1. Genes Cells. 2014;19:704-21 pubmed publisherb>Gomafu/MIAT/Rncr2 is a long noncoding RNA that has been proposed to control retinal cell specification, stem cell differentiation and alternative splicing of schizophrenia-related genes...
- Rao S, Hu H, Ye N, Shen Y, Xu Q. Genetic variants in long non-coding RNA MIAT contribute to risk of paranoid schizophrenia in a Chinese Han population. Schizophr Res. 2015;166:125-30 pubmed publisher..RNAs (LncRNAs) are involved in multiple processes critical to normal cellular function and dysfunction of lncRNA MIAT may contribute to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia...