Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MGMT
Description: O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase
Alias: 6-O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, O-6-methylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, methylated-DNA--protein-cysteine methyltransferase, methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- MGMT promoter methylation status can predict the incidence and outcome of pseudoprogression after concomitant radiochemotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma patientsAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:2192-7. 2008..The radiologic images obtained in this setting can be difficult to interpret since they may show radiation-induced pseudoprogression (psPD) rather than disease progression...
- The correlation and prognostic significance of MGMT promoter methylation and MGMT protein in glioblastomasVan Thang Cao
Brain Tumor Research Laboratory and Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Chonnam National University, Hwasun Hospital and Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Neurosurgery 65:866-75; discussion 875. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the correlation and prognostic significance of MGMT promoter methylation and protein expression in patients with glioblastoma.
- Clinical trial substantiates the predictive value of O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomideMonika E Hegi
Laboratory of Tumor Biology and Genetics of the Neurosurgery Departments of the University Hospitals, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 10:1871-4. 2004..trial, we determined the predictive value of the methylation status of the O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter for outcome in glioblastoma patients treated with the alkylating agent temozolomide...
- Identification of regions correlating MGMT promoter methylation and gene expression in glioblastomasSibille Everhard
INSERM, U711, Batiment de la nouvelle Pharmacie, 47 bd de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Neuro Oncol 11:348-56. 2009The O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene (MGMT) is methylated in several cancers, including gliomas...
- O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) mRNA expression predicts outcome in malignant glioma independent of MGMT promoter methylationSimone Kreth
Department of Anaesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17156. 2011We analyzed prospectively whether MGMT (O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase) mRNA expression gains prognostic/predictive impact independent of MGMT promoter methylation in malignant glioma patients undergoing radiotherapy with ..
- MGMT promoter hypermethylation in a series of 104 glioblastomasMarta Mellai
Neuro bio oncology Center of Policlinico di Monza Foundation, University of Turin, Via Pietro Micca, 29 13100 Vercelli, Italy
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 6:219-27. 2009To evaluate MGMT promoter hypermethylation as prognostic factor in a retrospective study of 104 cases of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
- O(6)-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase methylation status can change between first surgery for newly diagnosed glioblastoma and second surgery for recurrence: clinical implicationsAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Azienda USL Bellaria Maggiore Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Neuro Oncol 12:283-8. 2010O(6)-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation status is a prognostic factor in newly diagnosed glioblastoma patients. However, it is not yet clear whether, and if so how, MGMT methylation status may change...
- MGMT activity, promoter methylation and immunohistochemistry of pretreatment and recurrent malignant gliomas: a comparative study on astrocytoma and glioblastomaMarkus Christmann
Institute of Toxicology, University Medical Center Mainz, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Int J Cancer 127:2106-18. 2010The DNA repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a key player in tumor cell resistance. Promoter methylation, MGMT activity and immunohistochemistry are used for determining the MGMT status...
- Prognostic significance of molecular markers and extent of resection in primary glioblastoma patientsJörg Felsberg
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:6683-93. 2009..Recent data indicate that certain molecular markers, in particular MGMT promoter hypermethylation, are associated with response to alkylating chemotherapy and longer survival...
- Promoter methylation analysis of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in glioblastoma: detection by locked nucleic acid based quantitative PCR using an imprinted gene (SNURF) as a referenceLuca Morandi
Department of Haemathology and Oncological Sciences Section of Pathology, Bellaria Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:48. 2010Epigenetic silencing of the MGMT gene by promoter methylation is associated with loss of MGMT expression, diminished DNA-repair activity and longer overall survival in patients with glioblastoma who, in addition to radiotherapy, received ..
- Prognostic value of MGMT promoter methylation in glioblastoma patients treated with temozolomide-based chemoradiation: a Portuguese multicentre studyBruno M Costa
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, Health Sciences School, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Oncol Rep 23:1655-62. 2010..The methylation status of the MGMT gene promoter is currently a promising molecular prognostic marker, but some controversial data have precluded its ..
- Promoter methylation and polymorphisms of the MGMT gene in glioblastomas: a population-based studyIzabela Zawlik
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Neuroepidemiology 32:21-9. 2009O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a repair enzyme that removes promutagenic O(6)-methylguanine adducts in DNA, to protect cells from acquisition of G:C--> A:T mutations...
- MGMT methylation: a marker of response to temozolomide in low-grade gliomasSibille Everhard
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U711, Paris, France
Ann Neurol 60:740-3. 2006..0001). Assessment of MGMTP status could help identifying low-grade gliomas patients more likely to respond to chemotherapy or to benefit from MGMT depletion strategies.
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase methylation and TP53 mutation in malignant astrocytomas and their relationships with clinical courseTakao Watanabe
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi kamumachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Int J Cancer 113:581-7. 2005Epigenetic silencing of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) by promoter methylation can confer cancer cells with an increased sensitivity to alkylating chemotherapeutic agents and a higher susceptibility to TP53 transition ..
- Anti-O6-methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) immunohistochemistry in glioblastoma multiforme: observer variability and lack of association with patient survival impede its use as clinical biomarkerMatthias Preusser
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Medial University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brain Pathol 18:520-32. 2008Silencing of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein expression because of MGMT gene promoter hypermethylation is considered to be associated with postoperative chemoradiotherapy benefits in glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) ..
- Intratumoral homogeneity of MGMT promoter hypermethylation as demonstrated in serial stereotactic specimens from anaplastic astrocytomas and glioblastomasEva M Grasbon-Frodl
Center for Neuropathology and Prion Research, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 121:2458-64. 2007Hypermethylation of the DNA repair gene O(6)-methyl-guanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) has been linked to prolonged survival in glioblastoma patients treated with alkylating agents...
- Pitfalls in the assessment of MGMT expression and in its correlation with survival in diffuse astrocytomas: proposal of a feasible immunohistochemical approachDavid Capper
Institute of Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 115:249-59. 2008Immunohistochemical studies showed that O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein expression is negatively associated with survival in glioblastomas treated with alkylating agents in accordance with previous results of ..
- MGMT immunohistochemical expression and promoter methylation in human glioblastomaFausto J Rodriguez
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 16:59-65. 2008O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) expression has been recently proposed as a useful prognostic and/or predictive marker in glioblastoma patients receiving adjuvant therapy after the surgery...
- Frequent promoter hypermethylation and low expression of the MGMT gene in oligodendroglial tumorsMaria Möllemann
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 113:379-85. 2005..The DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) may cause resistance to DNA-alkylating drugs commonly used in the treatment of anaplastic ..
- The global DNA methylation surrogate LINE-1 methylation is correlated with MGMT promoter methylation and is a better prognostic factor for gliomaFumiharu Ohka
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e23332. 2011..Although GBM patients benefit from promoter hypermethylation of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) that is the main determinant of resistance to TMZ, recent studies suggested that MGMT promoter methylation is of ..
- O(6)-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase determined by promoter hypermethylation and immunohistochemical expression is correlated with progression-free survival in patients with glioblastomaYukihiko Sonoda
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 15:352-8. 2010The prognostic significance of O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) was evaluated by analysis of both MGMT promoter methylation and protein expression in a series of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma.
- Determination of the methylation status of MGMT in different regions within glioblastoma multiformeMark G Hamilton
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Foothills Hospital 12th Floor 1403 29 ST NW 1195, Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9, Canada
J Neurooncol 102:255-60. 2011Epigenetic silencing of the MGMT gene through promoter methylation correlates with improved survival in Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) patients receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy...
- High incidence of MGMT promoter methylation in primary glioblastomas without correlation with TP53 gene mutationsEmilia Jesien-Lewandowicz
Department of Radiation Oncology, Chair of Oncology, Copernicus Memorial Hospital, Lodz, Poland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 188:77-82. 2009O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) reduces cytotoxicity of therapeutic or environmental alkylating agents...
- MGMT promoter methylation is predictive of response to radiotherapy and prognostic in the absence of adjuvant alkylating chemotherapy for glioblastomaAndreana L Rivera
Departments of Pathology and Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 0097, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:116-21. 2010Hypermethylation of the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) gene has been shown to be associated with improved outcome in glioblastoma (GBM) and may be a predictive marker of sensitivity to alkylating agents...
- Promoter hypermethylation of multiple genes in early gastric adenocarcinoma and precancerous lesionsXiao Ping Zou
Department of Gastroenterology, The Drum Tower Hospital Affiliated to Medical School of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210008, PR China
Hum Pathol 40:1534-42. 2009..In this study, we determined the methylation frequency of 5 genes, including p16, Runx3, MGMT, DAPK, and RASSF1A, by methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction, in a series of formalin-fixed paraffin-..
- Mutually exclusive promoter hypermethylation patterns of hMLH1 and O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase in colorectal cancerEdward J Fox
Department of Pathology, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Mol Diagn 8:68-75. 2006..Transcriptional silencing of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) has also been described in a variety of neoplasms and has been associated with a consequent ..
- DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase: promoter hypermethylation associated with decreased expression and G:C to A:T mutations of p53 in brain tumorsDong Yin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Carcinog 36:23-31. 2003The DNA repair enzyme O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes alkylating adducts from the O(6) position of guanine and protects cells from cytotoxic and mutagenic effects...
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of p16 and MGMT genes in oral squamous cell carcinomas and the surrounding normal mucosaKeizo Kato
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, 501 1194, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 132:735-43. 2006..Recent studies have shown roles of promoter hypermethylation of tumor suppressor genes, including p16 and MGMT, in several types of cancers...
- RASSF1A, BLU, NORE1A, PTEN and MGMT expression and promoter methylation in gliomas and glioma cell lines and evidence of deregulated expression of de novo DNMTsAiala Lorente
Brain Tumor Biology Unit, University of Navarra, Irunlarrea 1, Pamplona, Spain
Brain Pathol 19:279-92. 2009..1) and BLU (3p21.3) have been shown to be downregulated by methylation in cancer, and PTEN (10q23.3) and MGMT (10q26.1) are located in areas commonly deleted in astrocytomas...
- MGMT prognostic impact on glioblastoma is dependent on therapeutic modalitiesEmmanuelle Criniere
INSERM, U711, Biologie des Interactions Neurones and Glie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
J Neurooncol 83:173-9. 2007b>MGMT promoter methylation, which has been correlated with the response to alkylating agents, was investigated in a retrospective series of 219 glioblastomas (GBMs) treated with various modalities...
- O6-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase protein expression in tumor cells predicts outcome of temozolomide therapy in glioblastoma patientsSabine Spiegl-Kreinecker
Department of Neurosurgery, Wagner Jauregg Hospital, Wagner Jauregg Weg 15, 4020 Linz, Austria
Neuro Oncol 12:28-36. 2010O(6)-Methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is implicated as a major predictive factor for treatment response to alkylating agents including temozolomide (TMZ) of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) patients...
- Folate supplementation limits the aggressiveness of glioma via the remethylation of DNA repeats element and genes governing apoptosis and proliferationEric Hervouet
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale U892, Centre de Recherche en Cancerologie, Equipe Apoptose et progression tumorale, Nantes, France
Clin Cancer Res 15:3519-29. 2009....
- Careful exclusion of non-neoplastic brain components is required for an appropriate evaluation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase status in glioma: relationship between immunohistochemistry and methylation analysisKen Sasai
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1220-7. 2008Evaluation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) expression is important for antiglioma therapy as many clinical trials have demonstrated that promoter hypermethylation and low level expression of MGMT are associated with an ..
- Serum DNA can define tumor-specific genetic and epigenetic markers in gliomas of various gradesIris Lavon
Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology and the Department of Neurology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Kerem, PO Box 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Neuro Oncol 12:173-80. 2010..The methylation status of O(6)-methyl guanine methyltransferase (MGMT) and phosphatase and tensin homolog promoters was studied by methylation-specific PCR...
- Silencing effect of CpG island hypermethylation and histone modifications on O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene expression in human cancerTetsuji Nakagawachi
Division of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Saga Medical School, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Oncogene 22:8835-44. 2003O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repairs the cytotoxic and mutagenic O6-alkylguanine produced by alkylating agents such as chemotherapeutic agents and mutagens...
- Association between MGMT promoter hypermethylation and p53 mutation in glioblastomaJamal Shamsara
Biotechnology Research Center, Mashhad, Iran
Cancer Invest 27:825-9. 2009O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a DNA repair enzyme that removes alkyl groups from the O(6) position of guanine. MGMT is transcriptionally silenced by promoter hypermethylation in several human neoplasia...
- Absence of MGMT promoter methylation in endometrial cancerB J Rimel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, USA
Gynecol Oncol 112:224-8. 2009O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) acts to repair DNA damaged by alkylation of guanine residues...
- Hypermethylation of CpG island in O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene was associated with K-ras G to A mutation in colorectal tumorJian Qi
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2022-5. 2005To investigate the functions of promoter hypermethylation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene in colorectal tumorigenesis and progression.
- Is inactivation of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase still a favorable prognostic factor of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the era of R-CHOP chemotherapy?Gyeong Won Lee
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1992-8. 2009The prognostic significance of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) inactivation was evaluated in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) who received cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (CHOP) ..
- Detection of MGMT promoter methylation in normal individuals is strongly associated with the T allele of the rs16906252 MGMT promoter single nucleotide polymorphismIda L M Candiloro
Peter MaCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrew s Place, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:862-7. 2009Methylation of the CpG island in the MGMT promoter region is a frequent event in several cancer types including colorectal cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma, and glioblastoma...
- Aberrant methylation of APC, MGMT, RASSF2A, and Wif-1 genes in plasma as a biomarker for early detection of colorectal cancerBo Bin Lee
Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 15:6185-91. 2009..To identify epigenetic molecular makers in plasma for the early detection of colorectal cancer...
- Tumor progression through epigenetic gene silencing of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in human biliary tract cancersYasuo Koga
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, Nabeshima 5 1 1, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 12:354-63. 2005..demonstrated in an immunohistochemical study that reduced expression of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) correlated with a poorer prognosis in patients with biliary tract cancers...
- O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase expression and prognostic value in brain metastases of lung cancersPei Fang Wu
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Lung Cancer 68:484-90. 2010O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is critical for repairing pro-mutagenic DNA bases and is correlated with response to alkylating agents in cancers...
- Alteration of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in colorectal neoplasms in sporadic and familial adenomatous polyposis patientsSun Hee Kim
Department of Pathology and Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Mol Carcinog 37:32-8. 2003..To investigate whether O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is altered during colorectal carcinogenesis, we performed immunohistochemical staining on 265 sporadic colorectal ..
- CpG methylation of MGMT and hMLH1 promoter in hepatocellular carcinoma associated with hepatitis viral infectionS Matsukura
Department of Biochemistry, Saga Medical School, Japan
Br J Cancer 88:521-9. 2003Inactivations of DNA repair genes, O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and hMLH1, by promoter hypermethylation have been reported in several types of primary human neoplasia...
- Detailed methylation patterns and protein expression profiles of MGMT in colorectal carcinoma surgical marginsDingdong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Clin Biochem 41:19-25. 2008..Hence, we examined MGMT expression profile and methylation status in histologically negative margins of colorectal cancer patients.
- Infrequent promoter methylation of the MGMT gene in liver metastases from uveal melanomaVerena Voelter
Centre Pluridisciplinaire d Oncologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 123:1215-8. 2008..Here, we investigated whether the DNA-repair-protein MGMT may be involved in the variability of response to fotemustine and temozolomide in uveal melanoma...
- Prognostic significance of the immunohistochemical expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, P-glycoprotein, and multidrug resistance protein-1 in glioblastomasTakao Nakagawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Yoshida gun, Fukui, Japan
Neuropathology 29:379-88. 2009We studied the expression of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (O(6)-MGMT), P-glycoprotein (Pgp), and multidrug resistance protein-1 (MRP-1) in 23 glioblastomas using RT-PCR, methylation-specific PCR, and immunohistochemistry, and ..
- Silencing of MGMT expression by promoter hypermethylation in the metaplasia-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence of Barrett's esophagusDoerthe Kuester
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
Cancer Lett 275:117-26. 2009To determine the relevance of MGMT in Barrett's carcinogenesis, we analyzed promotor hypermethylation and expression of MGMT in Barrett's adenocarcinomas and its paired precursor lesions from 133 patients using a methylation-specific PCR, ..
- Silencing of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase in the absence of promoter hypermethylation in hepatocellular carcinomas from Australia and South AfricaNirmitha I Herath
Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Oncol Rep 17:817-22. 2007The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is involved in cellular defences against alkylating agents...
- O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter hypermethylation shifts the p53 mutational spectrum in non-small cell lung cancerP Wolf
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cancer Res 61:8113-7. 2001The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) removes mutagenic adducts from the O6 position of guanine, thereby protecting the genome against G to A transition mutations...
- Low frequency of promoter methylation of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase and hMLH1 in ulcerative colitis-associated tumors: comparison with sporadic colonic tumorsTetuo Mikami
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 127:366-73. 2007..to genesis of ulcerative colitis (UC)-associated tumors, promoter methylation and expression of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), hMLH1, p16INK4, and E-cadherin were examined in 14 low-grade dysplasias (LGDs), 15 high-..
- Changes of the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation and MGMT protein expression after adjuvant treatment in glioblastomaTae Young Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 23:1269-76. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate variations of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation and protein expression after adjuvant treatment in glioblastoma patients...
- Homogeneous MGMT immunoreactivity correlates with an unmethylated MGMT promoter status in brain metastases of various solid tumorsBarbara Ingold
Department of Pathology, Institute of Surgical Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 4:e4775. 2009The O(6)-methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation status is a predictive parameter for the response of malignant gliomas to alkylating agents such as temozolomide...
- Inactivation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in soft tissue sarcomas: association with K-ras mutationsJeung Il Kim
Department of Orthopedics, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Hum Pathol 40:934-41. 2009..methyltransferase protein expression status using immunohistochemistry and promoter hypermethylation of the MGMT gene using methylation-specific PCR...
- Frequent promoter hypermethylation of the O6-Methylguanine-DNA Methyltransferase (MGMT) gene in testicular cancerB Smith-Sørensen
Department of Tumour Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Oncogene 21:8878-84. 2002..A series of 70 tumours were analysed for methylation of CpG sites in the O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene promoter, and in exon 1alpha of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A gene (CDKN2A)...
- MGMT promoter methylation is prognostic but not predictive for outcome to adjuvant PCV chemotherapy in anaplastic oligodendroglial tumors: a report from EORTC Brain Tumor Group Study 26951Martin J van den Bent
Department of Neuro Oncology and Pathology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center and Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:5881-6. 2009O6-methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation has been shown to predict survival of patients with glioblastomas if temozolomide is added to radiotherapy (RT)...
- Variation of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation in serial samples in glioblastomaJonathon F Parkinson
Cancer Genetics Group, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
J Neurooncol 87:71-8. 2008Methylation of the promoter region of the O ( 6 ) -methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) gene is known to be predictive of response to temozolomide treatment in patients with glioblastoma...
- The hypermethylation and protein expression of p16 INK4A and DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in various uterine cervical lesionsZhenhua Lin
Department of Pathology, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:364-70. 2005This study is aimed at investigating the significance of gene promoter methylation status and protein expression of p16 INK4A and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in the various uterine cervical lesions.
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase is downregulated in transformed astrocyte cells: implications for anti-glioma therapiesKen Sasai
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Cancer 6:36. 2007..However, expression of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) renders glioma cells resistant to the treatment, indicating that identification of mechanisms underlying the gene ..
- Validation of real-time methylation-specific PCR to determine O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene promoter methylation in gliomaIlse Vlassenbroeck
OncoMethylome Sciences SA, Tour 5 GIGA B34, 3, Avenue de l Hôpital 11, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Mol Diagn 10:332-7. 2008Epigenetic silencing of the DNA repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) by promoter methylation predicts successful alkylating agent therapy, such as with temozolomide, in glioblastoma patients...
- Frequent intra-tumoural heterogeneity of promoter hypermethylation in malignant melanomaM Rastetter
AWG Tumour Genetics of the Medical Faculty, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Histol Histopathol 22:1005-15. 2007..genes in melanoma, we analyzed the intra-tumoural distribution of promoter methylation of RASSF1A, p16, DAPK, MGMT, and Rb in 339 assays of 34 tumours (15 melanoma primaries, 19 metastases) by methylation-specific PCR, correlation ..
- Aberrant methylation and loss of expression of O-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in pulmonary squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinomaOsamu Furonaka
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathol Int 55:303-9. 2005O(6)-Methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a DNA repair protein that protects cells against the carcinogenic effects of alkylating agents...
- Aberrant DNA methylation of P16, MGMT, and hMLH1 genes in combination with MTHFR C677T genetic polymorphism in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaJianming Wang
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai, China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:118-25. 2008To explore the role of aberrant hypermethylation of cancer-related genes, such as P16, MGMT, and hMLH1, in the esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) as well as its relation to dietary folate intake and MTHFR C677T polymorphism, we ..
- Methylation pattern of the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene in colon during progressive colorectal tumorigenesisTakeshi Nagasaka
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Int J Cancer 122:2429-36. 2008O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is a DNA repair gene which is frequently methylated in colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Hypermethylation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase promoter may predict nonrecurrence after chemotherapy in colorectal cancer casesTakeshi Nagasaka
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:5306-12. 2003Because O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) plays an essential role in repairing DNA damage caused by environmental alkylating chemicals, we were interested in determining whether we could see any obvious changes in the ..
- Promoter methylation of TIMP3 and CDH1 predicts better outcome in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated by radiotherapy onlyH De Schutter
Leuvens Kanker Instituut, UH Leuven Campus Gasthuisberg, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Oncol Rep 21:507-13. 2009..the incidence and prognostic value of the promoter hypermethylation of TIMP3, CDH1, DAPK, RASSF1A, p16INK4A and MGMT in HNSCC treated solely by radiotherapy...
- Ubiquitination-dependent proteolysis of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase in human and murine tumor cells following inactivation with O6-benzylguanine or 1,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-nitrosoureaK S Srivenugopal
Department of Experimental Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Biochemistry 35:1328-34. 1996..the role of ubiquitination in the disposition of the inactivated O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) protein in human (HT-29 and CEM) and murine (ts85) tumor cells...
- Epigenetic regulation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene expression by histone acetylation and methyl-CpG binding proteinsRebecca P Danam
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital 332 North Lauderdale Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:61-9. 2005Transcriptional silencing of the DNA repair gene, O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) in a proportion of transformed cell lines is associated with methylated CpG hotspots in the MGMT 5' flank...
- Folate deficiency alters hepatic and colon MGMT and OGG-1 DNA repair protein expression in rats but has no effect on genome-wide DNA methylationSusan J Duthie
Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:92-100. 2010..diet for 24 weeks on DNA damage (8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine), DNA repair [O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) and 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase (OGG-1) activity], and epigenetic parameters (genome-wide cytosine methylation ..
- Nomograms for predicting survival of patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma: prognostic factor analysis of EORTC and NCIC trial 26981-22981/CE.3Thierry Gorlia
EORTC Data Centre, Brussels, Belgium
Lancet Oncol 9:29-38. 2008....
- DNA polymorphism and risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a population of North Xinjiang, ChinaWen Jing Ma
Medical Research Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi 830054, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:641-7. 2010..To investigate the role of metabolic enzyme and DNA repair genes in susceptibility of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase, O6-benzylguanine, and resistance to clinical alkylators in pediatric primary brain tumor cell linesMichael S Bobola
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery and Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:2747-55. 2005..Our purpose is (a) to assess the contribution of the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) to the resistance of pediatric brain tumor cell lines to clinical alkylating agents and (b) to evaluate variables ..
- MGMT analysis at DNA, RNA and protein levels in glioblastoma tissueMatthias Preusser
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Histol Histopathol 24:511-8. 2009..the epigenetic, transcriptional and translational regulation and expression of O6-methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) is relevant for prognostic and predictive considerations in glioblastoma patients...
- Both base excision repair and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase protect against methylation-induced colon carcinogenesisStefan Wirtz
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, D 91052 Erlangen, German
Carcinogenesis 31:2111-7. 2010..The lesions are repaired by O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (Mgmt) and by enzymes of the base excision repair (BER) pathway, respectively...
- Predominant influence of MGMT methylation in non-resectable glioblastoma after radiotherapy plus temozolomideNiklas Thon
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Großhadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:441-6. 2011..Unfortunately, no data are available concerning the predictive value of O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation for this important subpopulation. For clarification, a prospective study was conducted.
- DNA repair in resistance to alkylating anticancer drugsB Kaina
Institute of Toxicology, Division of Applied Toxicology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Gernany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 40:354-67. 2002..DNA alkylation lesions can be repaired by the action of alkyltransferase (MGMT) and base excision repair enzymes...
- [Aberrant promoter methylation of tumor suppressor genes in serum from lung cancer patients: frequency and correlation with clinicopathological characteristics]Marius Zemaitis
Department of Pulmonology and Immunology, Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, Eiveniu 2, 50009 Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 41:123-31. 2005....
- Modes of actions of two types of anti-neoplastic drugs, dacarbazine and ACNU, to induce apoptosisMasayuki Sanada
Department of Physiological Science and Molecular Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, Fukuoka 814 0193, Japan
Carcinogenesis 28:2657-63. 2007..ACNU), respectively, can be repaired by O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), coded by the MGMT gene...
- Aberrant promoter hypermethylation of multiple genes in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSajeev K Puri
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 26:12-7. 2005..The aim of this study is to characterize and correlate, with clinical parameters, the promoter methylation profile of DNA repair genes, hMLH1 and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), and tumor-suppressor gene p16.
- A comparative study of the biochemical properties of human and mouse recombinant O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferasesR Roy
Sealy Center for Molecular Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555
Carcinogenesis 16:405-11. 1995The O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repairs mutagenic and carcinogenic O6-alkylguanine in DNA by accepting stoichiometrically the alkyl group from the base...
- Comprehensive analysis of MGMT promoter methylation: correlation with MGMT expression and clinical response in GBMNameeta Shah
The Ben and Catherine Ivy Center for Advanced Brain Tumor Treatment, Swedish Neuroscience Institute, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16146. 2011O⁶-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation has been identified as a potential prognostic marker for glioblastoma patients...
- Down-regulation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene expression in gliomas by platinum compoundsSatoshi Tanaka
Department of Neurosurgery, The Kitasato Institute Medical Center Hospital, 6 100 Arai, Kitamoto, Saitama 364 8501, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:1275-80. 2005..0292 by Fisher's exact probability test). O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) mRNA expression was measured twice by real-time quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-..
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase activity in cerebral gliomas. A guidance for nitrosourea treatment?K Mineura
Neurological Service, Akita University Hospital, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:29-32. 1994..The activity of brain tissue, available from the peritumoral region of five cases, varied between 38 to 415 fmol/mg. Four of the five regions showed a higher value than the respective tumor, and one showed a lower value...
- Protection of hematopoietic cells from O(6)-alkylation damage by O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase gene transfer: studies with different O(6)-alkylating agents and retroviral backbonesM Jansen
Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, University of Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Eur J Haematol 67:2-13. 2001Overexpression of O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) can protect hematopoietic cells from O(6)-alkylation damage...
- Acquired resistance to 6-thioguanine in melanoma cells involves the repair enzyme O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)Nir Gefen
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Cancer Biol Ther 9:49-55. 2010O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), is a DNA repair enzyme that recognizes O(6)-alkylated guanine, a base analog resulting from treatment with alkylating agents...
- Progressive low-grade oligodendrogliomas: response to temozolomide and correlation between genetic profile and O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase protein expressionNetta Levin
Leslie and Michael Gaffin Center for Neuro Oncology, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel imbar
Cancer 106:1759-65. 2006..The DNA repair enzyme O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) may induce resistance to DNA-alkylating agents...
- O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase status determined by promoter methylation and immunohistochemistry in gliosarcoma and their clinical implicationsShin Hyuk Kang
Department of Neurosurgery, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, 5 ga, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, 136 705, Korea
J Neurooncol 101:477-86. 2011O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is known as a DNA repair protein, and loss of function in MGMT is related to an increase in survival in patients with malignant gliomas treated with alkylating agents...
- Mice defective in the DNA mismatch gene PMS2 are hypersensitive to MNU induced thymic lymphoma and are partially protected by transgenic expression of human MGMTX Qin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, OH 44106 4937, USA
Oncogene 18:4394-400. 1999..the sensitivity of PMS2 knockout mice to environmental carcinogens and the protective effect of O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), heterozygous PMS2 knockout mice and human MGMT (hMGMT) transgenic mice were mated and the ..
- Different repair of O6-methylguanine occurring in DNA modified by MMS in vivo or in vitroE Sledziewska-Gojska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Mutat Res 383:31-7. 1997..These mutations are avoided in adapted mutS- cells, when induced by MMS in vitro. This confirms that mismatch repair system of E. coli recognises mismatches formed in DNA by O6-methylguanine...
- Inhibition of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase by glucose-conjugated inhibitors: comparison with nonconjugated inhibitors and effect on fotemustine and temozolomide-induced cell deathBernd Kaina
Institute of Toxicology, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:585-93. 2004The DNA repair protein O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is an important suicide enzyme involved in the defense against O(6)-alkylating mutagens...
- Hyperthermostable protein structure maintained by intra and inter-helix ion-pairs in archaeal O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferaseH Hashimoto
Department of Materials Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, 565 0871, Japan
J Mol Biol 292:707-16. 1999..1.1.63) of hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcuskodakaraensis strain KOD1 (Pk -MGMT) was determined by single isomorphous replacement method with anomalous scattering (SIRAS) at 1.8 A resolution...
- Temozolomide- and fotemustine-induced apoptosis in human malignant melanoma cells: response related to MGMT, MMR, DSBs, and p53S C Naumann
Department of Toxicology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:322-33. 2009..The O(6)-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) activity in the cell lines was between 0 and 1100 fmol mg(-1) protein, and there was a correlation between MGMT ..
- Molecular correlates with MGMT promoter methylation and silencing support CpG island methylator phenotype-low (CIMP-low) in colorectal cancerShuji Ogino
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, BWH Pathology, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gut 56:1564-71. 2007..O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation and silencing have been associated with G>A mutations and microsatellite instability-low (MSI-..
- The O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrococcus sp. KOD1: a thermostable repair enzymeM M Leclere
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 258:69-77. 1998The enzyme O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is the most common form of cellular defense against the biological effects of O6-methylguanine (O6-MeG) in DNA...
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase activity in adult gliomas: relation to patient and tumor characteristicsJ R Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6470, USA
Cancer Res 58:1068-73. 1998The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) confers resistance to therapeutic methylating and chloroethylating agents in human brain tumor-derived cell lines...
- Co-expression of MGMT(P140K) and alpha-L-iduronidase in primary hepatocytes from mucopolysaccharidosis type I mice enables efficient selection with metabolic correctionDaren Wang
Cell and Molecular Therapy Program, and Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Gene Med 10:249-59. 2008..It has been shown that an O(6)-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase variant (MGMT(P140K)) mediated in vivo selection of transduced hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in animals.
- Individual adjuvant therapy for malignant gliomas based on O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase messenger RNA quantitation by real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain-reactionSatoshi Tanaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Kawasaki Hospital, Ibaraki 313 8511, Japan
Oncol Rep 20:165-71. 2008..of real-time reverse-transcription polymerase chain-reaction (RT-PCR) for O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), was used to treat malignant gliomas...
- Correlations between O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase promoter methylation status, 1p and 19q deletions, and response to temozolomide in anaplastic and recurrent oligodendroglioma: a prospective GICNO studyAlba A Brandes
Department of Medical Oncology, Bellaria Hospital, Via Altura 3, Bologna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:4746-53. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate correlations between 1p/19q deletions, O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) promoter methylation, and response rate to TMZ in this setting.
- Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of temozolomide in pediatric patients with refractory or recurrent leukemia: a Children's Oncology Group StudyTerzah M Horton
Texas Children s Cancer Center Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4922-8. 2007..To determine the tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and mechanisms of temozolomide resistance in children with relapsed or refractory leukemia...
- O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase-deficient phenotype in human gliomas: frequency and time to tumor progression after alkylating agent-based chemotherapyJ R Silber
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6470, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:807-14. 1999The DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) contributes to the resistance of human brain tumor cell lines and xenografts to methylating and chloroethylating agents...
- Induction of MGMT as a Strategy for ChemopreventionKalkunte Srivenugopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>MGMT (O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase), 6 which elicits a direct reversal of guanine-O6 alkylations, plays a ..
- Hematopoietic Chemoprotection in Glioblastoma PatientsHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2010..that genetic modification of hematopoietic stem cells with the P140K mutant of methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT) results in chemoprotection and the ability to administer higher doses of temozolomide and BCNU when given in ..
- Hematopoietic Chemoprotection in Glioblastoma PatientsHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2007..that genetic modification of hematopoietic stem cells with the P140K mutant of methylguanine methyltransferase (MGMT) results in chemoprotection and the ability to administer higher doses of temozolomide and BCNU when given in ..
- Epigenetic regulation of temozolomide responsiveness in glioblastomaJann N Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2010..A key cytotoxic lesion induced by TMZ is repaired by the O6- methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) DNA repair protein, and disruption of MGMT activity significantly increases the sensitivity of tumors to TMZ...
- Epigenetic regulation of temozolomide responsiveness in glioblastomaJann Sarkaria; Fiscal Year: 2009..A key cytotoxic lesion induced by TMZ is repaired by the O6- methylguanine-methyltransferase (MGMT) DNA repair protein, and disruption of MGMT activity significantly increases the sensitivity of tumors to TMZ...
- Dual Targeting of DNA Repair and p53 pathways for treatment of brain cancerKaren E Pollok; Fiscal Year: 2010..primary cultures that differ in EGFR gene amplification, p53 status (wild-type or mutant), HDM2 status, MGMT expression, and sensitivities to TMZ and irradiation will be utilized...
- MODULATING BASE EXCISION REPAIR IN TUMOR DRUG RESISTANCEStanton Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2007..MMR) triggers apoptosis by aberrant repair but is successfully repaired by O6-methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- Effect of dietary components on DNA repairMichael Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..pathways, including Base Excision Repair (BER), mismatch DNA repair (MMR), and methylguanine DNA-methyltransferase (MGMT), in the response to alkylating agent-induced DNA damage; and 2) the effect of dietary constituents on these DNA ..
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn K Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 3 we will determine whether polymorphisms in MGMT or tumor TP53 mutation or expression influence survival in the presence or absence of tumor MGMT methylation in ..
- Biomarkers of survival in glioma epidemiologyJohn Wiencke; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim 3 we will determine whether polymorphisms in MGMT or tumor TP53 mutation or expression influence survival in the presence or absence of tumor MGMT methylation in ..
- DNA REPAIR DEFECTS AFFECTING HEMATOPOIETIC STEM CELLSStanton Gerson; Fiscal Year: 2005..methyl DNA adduct repair are mismatch repair [MMR] and 06-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase [AGT], encoded by the MGMT gene...
- COMBATING ALKYLATING AGENT RESISTANCE IN HUMAN GLIOMASJOHN SILBER; Fiscal Year: 2002..agents is based on a mechanism(s) in addition to the DNA repair protein O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT)...
- ENZYMES AND REACTIONS FOR REPAIR OF DNA IN HUMAN CELLSTHOMAS BRENT; Fiscal Year: 1993..Such O6-alkylguanine- DNA alkyltransferase (MGMT previously called GATase) can incidentally repair precursors of cytotoxic DNA crosslinks induced by anticancer ..
- NEOPLASTIC COMPLICATIONS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEStephen Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..including E-cadherin (CDH 1), p 16, p 15, p 14-ARF, death-associated protein kinase (DAPK), O6-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase (MGMT), human mutL homolog 1 (hMLH 1), adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), RASSF1A, deleted in colon ..
- Treatment Study Using Depot Naltrexone(1/6)Philadelphia Coord/Data Mgmt SiteCHARLES P O apos BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data from this study can also be used by the FDA to evaluate the benefits of this treatment that could improve the lives of patients suffering from opioid addiction. ..
- Neonatal Chemoselection Following Ex Vivo Gene Transfer For Hereditary DisordersKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..HSC will be transduced ex vivo by lentivirus-mediated gene transfer of P140K-methylguanine methytransferase (MGMT)...
- Development of Novel AIDS Gene Therapy Strategies in the Macaque SHIV ModelHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2010..The anti-HIV vectors we propose to test contain MGMT transgenes to allow in vivo selection post-transplantation...
- Development of Novel AIDS Gene Therapy Strategies in the Macaque SHIV ModelHans Peter Kiem; Fiscal Year: 2010..The anti-HIV vectors we propose to test contain MGMT transgenes to allow in vivo selection post-transplantation...
- Role of DNA In Protecting Against Secondary LeukemiasM Dolan; Fiscal Year: 2007..but not addressed directly, is the possibility that the DNA repair protein, O6-alkylguanine-DNA alkyltransferase (MGMT), protects against toxicities associated with ifosfamide and cyclophosphamide...
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..identified two excellent biomarkers, the p16 tumor suppressor gene and the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repair gene, whose inactivations through aberrant CpG island promoter hypermethylation occur frequently and early ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..