Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MFSD8
Description: major facilitator superfamily domain containing 8
Alias: CLN7, ceroid-lipofuscinosis neuronal protein 7, ceroid-lipofuscinosis, neuronal 7, late infantile, major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein 8
- Analysis of NCL Proteins from an Evolutionary StandpointNeda E Muzaffar
Center for Neural Development and Disease, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Curr Genomics 9:115-36. 2008..analysis of the human protein sequences for each of the eight known NCL proteins- CLN1, CLN2, CLN3, CLN5, CLN6, CLN7, CLN8 and CLN10...
- A new locus for variant late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis-CLN7R B Wheeler
Department of Paediatrics, University College London Medical School, The Rayne Institute, University Street, London, WC1E 6JJ, United Kingdom
Mol Genet Metab 66:337-8. 1999..These families appear to represent a new locus. Homozygosity mapping is being used to map this locus, which has been designated CLN7.
- Therapeutic approaches to the challenge of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosesR Kohan
Center for the Study of Inherited Metabolic Diseases CEMECO, Children s Hospital, Department of Medical Sciences, National University Cordoba, Argentina
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 12:867-83. 2011..Eight causal genes, CLN10/CTSD, CLN1/PPT1, CLN2/TPP1, CLN3, CLN5, CLN6, CLN7/MFSD8, CLN8, with more than 265 mutations and 38 polymorphisms (http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ncl) have been described...
- Expression and lysosomal targeting of CLN7, a major facilitator superfamily transporter associated with variant late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisA Sharifi
Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 8192, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue P et M Curie, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 19:4497-514. 2010..Mutations in the most recently identified NCL gene, MFSD8/CLN7, underlie a variant of late-infantile NCL (vLINCL)...
- Interactions of the proteins of neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis: clues to functionAmanda L Getty
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Research USD, Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, 2301 East 60th Street North, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 0589, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 68:453-74. 2011..NCL (cathepsin D, PPT1, and TPP1), the primary function of the other proteins defective in NCLs (CLN3, CLN5, CLN6, CLN7, and CLN8) remain poorly defined...
- Lysosomal targeting of the CLN7 membrane glycoprotein and transport via the plasma membrane require a dileucine motifPieter Steenhuis
Department of Biochemistry, Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Traffic 11:987-1000. 2010b>CLN7 is a polytopic lysosomal membrane protein deficient in variant late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis, a neurodegenerative lysosomal storage disorder...
- Renal salt wasting and chronic dehydration in claudin-7-deficient miceRodney Tatum
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina Univ, Greenville, NC 27834
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F24-34. 2010..To investigate the role of claudin-7 in vivo, we generated claudin-7 knockout mice (Cln7(-/-)) by the gene-targeting deletion method...
- A novel CLN8 mutation in late-infantile-onset neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (LINCL) reveals aspects of CLN8 neurobiological functionChiara Vantaggiato
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, E Medea Scientific Institute, Lecco, Italy
Hum Mutat 30:1104-16. 2009..recessive neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses (NCLs), with causative mutations found in CLN1, CLN2, CLN5, CLN6, CLN7 (MFSD8), and CLN8 genes...
- Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis caused by MFSD8 mutations: a common theme emergingM A Aldahmesh
Developmental Genetics Unit, Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, MBC 03, P O Box 3354, Riyadh, 11211, Saudi Arabia
Neurogenetics 10:307-11. 2009..that the disease in this family is due to a homozygous novel mutation in the most recently described NCL gene (MFSD8)...
- Mutations in CLN7/MFSD8 are a common cause of variant late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisMaria Kousi
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics and Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Finland
Brain 132:810-9. 2009..the genetic background underlying vLINCL in 119 patients, and specifically analysed the recently reported CLN7/MFSD8 gene for mutations in 80 patients. Clinical data were collected from the CLN7/MFSD8 mutation positive patients...
- Mutations in MFSD8/CLN7 are a frequent cause of variant-late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisChiara Aiello
Molecular Medicine, Neurology, Radiology, and Pathology, IRCCS Bambino Gesù Hospital, Rome, Italy
Hum Mutat 30:E530-40. 2009..The recent identification of the MFSD8/CLN7 gene in a variant-late infantile form of NCL (v-LINCL) in affected children from Turkey prompted us to ..
- A novel mutation in the MFSD8 gene in late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisE Stogmann
Department of Neurology, General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Neurogenetics 10:73-7. 2009..We performed a genome-wide linkage analysis followed by sequencing the recently described NCL gene MFSD8 in three affected and three unaffected members of a consanguineous Egyptian family with an autosomal recessively ..
- The novel neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis gene MFSD8 encodes a putative lysosomal transporterEija Siintola
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Biomedicum Helsinki, P O Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 81:136-46. 2007..1-q28.2 in five families. We identified six different mutations in the MFSD8 gene (previously denoted "MGC33302"), which encodes a novel polytopic 518-amino acid membrane protein ..
- Decreased T2 signal in the thalami may be a sign of lysosomal storage diseaseTaina Autti
Helsinki Medical Imaging Center, Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 340, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Neuroradiology 49:571-8. 2007..Lysosomal disorders are rare and are caused by genetically transmitted lysosomal enzyme deficiencies. A decreased T2 signal in the thalamus has occasionally been reported...
- Two novel CLN6 mutations in variant late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis patients of Turkish originE Siintola
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics and Neuroscience Center, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Clin Genet 68:167-73. 2005..form of LINCL (vLINCL) present in Turkish patients has been considered a distinct clinical and genetic entity (CLN7). However, we recently showed that mutations in the CLN8 gene account for a subset of Turkish vLINCL...
- Variant late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis in a subset of Turkish patients is allelic to Northern epilepsySusanna Ranta
Folkhälsan Institute of Genetics and Department of Medical Genetics, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mutat 23:300-5. 2004..in Turkish patients has been considered a distinct clinical and genetic entity among the NCL, the underlying gene (CLN7) being unknown...
- Turkish variant late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (CLN7) may be allelic to CLN8W A Mitchell
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University College London, UK
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 5:21-7. 2001..form of late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (LINCL) is found predominantly within the Turkish population (CLN7). Exclusion mapping showed that CLN7 was not an allelic variant of known NCL loci (CLN1, CLN2, CLN3, CLN5 or CLN6)...
- Neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses: classification and diagnosisK E Wisniewski
Department of Pathological Neurobiology, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island 10314, USA
Adv Genet 45:1-34. 2001..Two other genes, CLN6 and CLN7, have been assigned recently to small chromosomal regions...
- Update of the mutation spectrum and clinical correlations of over 360 mutations in eight genes that underlie the neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosesMaria Kousi
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mutat 33:42-63. 2012..Mutations in eight genes (PPT1/CLN1, TPP1/CLN2, CLN3, CLN5, CLN6, MFSD8/CLN7, CLN8) have been identified and several more are predicted to exist, including two provisionally named CLN4 ..
- The Function of Claudin-7 in Renal Epithelial CellsYan Hua Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Claudin-7 knockout mice (Cln7-/-) display salt wasting and water loss phenotypes, suggesting the impairment of ion reabsorption in renal tubules...
- The Function of Claudin-7 in Renal Epithelial CellsYan Hua Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Claudin-7 knockout mice (Cln7-/-) display salt wasting and water loss phenotypes, suggesting the impairment of ion reabsorption in renal tubules...