Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MFNG
Description: MFNG O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase
Alias: beta-1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase manic fringe, O-fucosylpeptide 3-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase
- Cohen B, Bashirullah A, Dagnino L, Campbell C, Fisher W, Leow C, et al. Fringe boundaries coincide with Notch-dependent patterning centres in mammals and alter Notch-dependent development in Drosophila. Nat Genet. 1997;16:283-8 pubmed..Ectopic expression of murine manic fringe or radical fringe in Drosophila results in phenotypes that resemble those seen in Notch mutants. ..
- Moloney D, Panin V, Johnston S, Chen J, Shao L, Wilson R, et al. Fringe is a glycosyltransferase that modifies Notch. Nature. 2000;406:369-75 pubmed
- Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Wilson R, Prabhakaran B, Irvine K, Vogt T. A family of mammalian Fringe genes implicated in boundary determination and the Notch pathway. Development. 1997;124:2245-54 pubmed..When misexpressed in the developing Drosophila wing imaginal disc the mouse Fringe genes exhibit conserved and differential effects on boundary determination. ..
- Veeraraghavalu K, Pett M, Kumar R, Nair P, Rangarajan A, Stanley M, et al. Papillomavirus-mediated neoplastic progression is associated with reciprocal changes in JAGGED1 and manic fringe expression linked to notch activation. J Virol. 2004;78:8687-700 pubmed..Suppressor of Hairless, Lag1)-driven reporter activity and a decrease in Manic Fringe upstream regulatory region (MFng-URR)-driven reporter activity was observed in late-passage versus early passage W12...
- Zhang S, Chung W, Wu G, Egan S, Miele L, Xu K. Manic fringe promotes a claudin-low breast cancer phenotype through notch-mediated PIK3CG induction. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1936-43 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Manic Fringe (Mfng), which encodes an O-fucosylpeptide 3-Î²-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase known to modify EGF repeats in the Notch ..
- Panin V, Shao L, Lei L, Moloney D, Irvine K, Haltiwanger R. Notch ligands are substrates for protein O-fucosyltransferase-1 and Fringe. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:29945-52 pubmed..A revised, broad consensus site, C(2)X(3-5)S/TC(3) (where X(3-5) are any 3-5 amino acid residues), is proposed. ..
- Thélu J, Rossio P, Favier B. Notch signalling is linked to epidermal cell differentiation level in basal cell carcinoma, psoriasis and wound healing. BMC Dermatol. 2002;2:7 pubmed..The Notch signalling involved in the differentiation programme of normal adult human epidermis is altered under experimental conditions and pathologies which modify this programme. ..
- Egan S, Herbrick J, Tsui L, Cohen B, Flock G, Beatty B, et al. Mapping of the human Lunatic Fringe (LFNG) gene to 7p22 and Manic Fringe (MFNG) to 22q12. Genomics. 1998;54:576-7 pubmed
- Shao L, Moloney D, Haltiwanger R. Fringe modifies O-fucose on mouse Notch1 at epidermal growth factor-like repeats within the ligand-binding site and the Abruptex region. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7775-82 pubmed..These findings provide insight into potential mechanisms by which Fringe action on Notch receptors may influence both the affinity of Notch-ligand binding and cell-autonomous inhibition of Notch signaling by ligand. ..
- Shimizu K, Chiba S, Saito T, Kumano K, Takahashi T, Hirai H. Manic fringe and lunatic fringe modify different sites of the Notch2 extracellular region, resulting in different signaling modulation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25753-8 pubmed..Although both manic fringe (mFng) and lunatic fringe (lFng) decreased the binding of Jagged1 to Notch2 and not that of Delta1, the decrease by mFng ..
- Van Tine B, Knops J, Shaw G, May W. Assignment of human MFNG, manic fringe Drosophila homolog, to 22q13.1 using tyramide fluorescence in situ hybridization (T-FISH). Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;87:132-3 pubmed