Genomes and Genes
methionyl tRNA synthetase
Gene Symbol: methionyl tRNA synthetase
Description: methionyl-tRNA synthetase
Alias: CMT2U, ILFS2, ILLD, METRS, MRS, MTRNS, SPG70, methionine--tRNA ligase, cytoplasmic, cytosolic methionyl-tRNA synthetase
Products: methionyl tRNA synthetase
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Wang D, Zhao R, Qu Y, Mei X, Zhang X, Zhou Q, et al. Colonic Lysine Homocysteinylation Induced by High-Fat Diet Suppresses DNA Damage Repair. Cell Rep. 2018;25:398-412.e6 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a mechanism of Western-diet-associated CRC and highlights an intervention approach for reversing diet-induced oncogenic effects. ..
- Mayo Ossorio M, Pacheco Garcia J, PÃ©rez Gomar D, BazÃ¡n Hinojo M, Vilchez López F, Aguilar Diosdad M, et al. [LONG-TERM FULMINANT HEPATIC FAILURE IN PATIENTS UNDERGOING GASTRIC BYPASS FOR MORBID OBESITY]. Nutr Hosp. 2015;32:430-4 pubmed publisher..Lamentablemente se desconocen los factores que pueden influir en que tras la cirugÃa bariÃ¡trica ocurran este tipo de complicaciones, y probablemente serÃ¡ motivo de estudios futuros. ..
- Park M, Hasenstein K. Oxygen dependency of germinating Brassica seeds. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2016;8:30-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, sufficient oxygen availability is important for germination before photosynthesis provides necessary oxygen and the determination of an oxygen carrying capacity is important for uniform growth in space conditions. ..
- Park B, Yeo S, Jung J, Jeong N. A novel therapeutic target for peripheral nerve injury-related diseases: aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. Neural Regen Res. 2015;10:1656-62 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest the possibility that FARSB, IARS and MARS, as a neurotransmitter, may transfer abnormal sensory signals after peripheral nerve damage and become a new target for drug treatment. ..
- van Rooyen J, Hakimi M, Belrhali H. Recombinant expression, purification, and crystallization of the glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase from Toxoplasma gondii. Protein Expr Purif. 2015;110:115-21 pubmed publisher..This work will form the basis of future structural studies into structural-functional relationships of both domains including potential targeted drug-design studies and investigations into the assembly of the Toxoplasma MARS complex. ..
- Sper R, Koh S, Zhang X, Simpson S, Collins B, Sommer J, et al. Generation of a Stable Transgenic Swine Model Expressing a Porcine Histone 2B-eGFP Fusion Protein for Cell Tracking and Chromosome Dynamics Studies. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0169242 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge this is the first viable transgenic pig model with chromatin-associated eGFP allowing both cell tracking and the study of chromatin dynamics in a large animal model. ..
- Xu L, Chen J, Gao J, Yu H, Yang P. Crosstalk of homocysteinylation, methylation and acetylation on histone H3. Analyst. 2015;140:3057-63 pubmed publisher..However, homocysteine can be recognized and activated by methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRs) to produce Hcy-thiolactone (HTL), which can react with the Îµ-amino group of a protein lysine residue...
- Torrie L, Brand S, Robinson D, Ko E, Stojanovski L, Simeons F, et al. Chemical Validation of Methionyl-tRNA Synthetase as a Druggable Target in Leishmania donovani. ACS Infect Dis. 2017;3:718-727 pubmed publisherMethionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) has been chemically validated as a drug target in the kinetoplastid parasite Trypanosoma brucei...
- Bin Wei Y, McCarthy M, Ren H, Carrillo Roa T, Shekhtman T, DeModena A, et al. A functional variant in the serotonin receptor 7 gene (HTR7), rs7905446, is associated with good response to SSRIs in bipolar and unipolar depression. Mol Psychiatry. 2019;: pubmed publisher..Our results provided novel pharmacogenomic evidence to support the role of HTR7 in association with antidepressant response. ..
- Gomes A, Kordala A, Strack R, Wang X, Geslain R, Delaney K, et al. A dual fluorescent reporter for the investigation of methionine mistranslation in live cells. RNA. 2016;22:467-76 pubmed publisherIn mammalian cells under oxidative stress, the methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) misacylates noncognate tRNAs at frequencies as high as 10% distributed among up to 28 tRNA species...
- Fond G, Bourbon A, Auquier P, Micoulaud Franchi J, Lancon C, Boyer L. Venus and Mars on the benches of the faculty: Influence of gender on mental health and behavior of medical students. Results from the BOURBON national study. J Affect Disord. 2018;239:146-151 pubmed publisher..These results should orientate future health strategies for the prevention of later mental illness onset and stress at work in hospital. ..
- Alzaid M, Alshamrani A, Al Harbi A, Alenzi A, Mohamed S. Methionyl-tRNA synthetase novel mutation causes pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Saudi Med J. 2019;40:195-198 pubmed publisher..Whole exome sequencing identified a homozygous novel variant in the MARS gene, c.854T>C p.(Ile285Thr). ..
- Chang C, Chang C, Chakraborty S, Wang S, Tseng Y, Wang C. Modulating the Structure and Function of an Aminoacyl-tRNA Synthetase Cofactor by Biotinylation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17102-11 pubmed publisher..protein that forms a ternary complex with glutamyl-tRNA synthetase (GluRSc) and methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) in the cytoplasm to regulate their catalytic activities and subcellular distributions...
- Prabhu N, Yun H. Comparative analysis of polyspecificity of the endogenous tRNA synthetase of different expression host towards photocrosslinking amino acids using an in silico approach. J Mol Graph Model. 2017;75:375-382 pubmed publisher..this in mind, we studied in silico analysis of polyspecificity of four endogenous tRNA synthetases (LeuRS, IleRS, MetRS, and LysRS) from six different species such as Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Corynebacterium ..
- Edlow A, Guedj F, Pennings J, Sverdlov D, Neri C, Bianchi D. Males are from Mars, and females are from Venus: sex-specific fetal brain gene expression signatures in a mouse model of maternal diet-induced obesity. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016;214:623.e1-623.e10 pubmed publisher..Maternal diet during pregnancy has a significant impact on the embryonic brain transcriptome. It is important toÂ consider both fetal sex and maternal diet when evaluating the effects ofÂ maternal obesity on fetal neurodevelopment. ..
- Schwartz M, Waldbauer J, Zhang L, Pan T. Global tRNA misacylation induced by anaerobiosis and antibiotic exposure broadly increases stress resistance in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:10292-10303 pubmed..with methionine in response to anaerobiosis and antibiotic exposure via the methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS)...
- Hasanoor Reja A, Biswas N, Biswas S, Lavania M, Chaitanya V, Banerjee S, et al. Report of rpoB mutation in clinically suspected cases of drug resistant leprosy: a study from Eastern India. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2015;81:155-61 pubmed publisher..The study indicates the existence of rifampicin drug resistance in Eastern India. ..
- Schwartz M, Pan T. Temperature dependent mistranslation in a hyperthermophile adapts proteins to lower temperatures. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:294-303 pubmed publisher..mistranslation is facilitated by the misacylation of tRNA(Leu) with methionine by the methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS). At low growth temperatures, the A...
- Weil D, Levesque E, McPhail M, Cavallazzi R, Theocharidou E, Cholongitas E, et al. Prognosis of cirrhotic patients admitted to intensive care unit: a meta-analysis. Ann Intensive Care. 2017;7:33 pubmed publisher..Infection-related parameters had a short-term impact, whereas liver and renal failure had a sustained impact on mortality. ..
- Fuchs S, Schene I, Kok G, Jansen J, Nikkels P, van Gassen K, et al. Aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase deficiencies in search of common themes. Genet Med. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Assuming residual ARS activity, adequate protein/amino acid supply seems essential instead of the traditional replacement of protein by glucose in patients with metabolic diseases. ..
- Erdmann I, Marter K, Kobler O, Niehues S, Abele J, MÃ¼ller A, et al. Cell-selective labelling of proteomes in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7521 pubmed publisher..analysis of newly synthesized proteomes by combining targeted expression of a mutated methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) with bioorthogonal or fluorescent non-canonical amino-acid-tagging techniques (BONCAT or FUNCAT)...
- Gu S, Honisch S, Kounenidakis M, Alkahtani S, Alarifi S, Alevizopoulos K, et al. Membrane androgen receptor down-regulates c-src-activity and beta-catenin transcription and triggers GSK-3beta-phosphorylation in colon tumor cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1402-12 pubmed publisher..Our results provide strong evidence that mAR activation regulates late expression and/or activity of the tumorigenic gene products c-Src, GSK-3beta, and beta-catenin thus facilitating the pro-apoptotic response in colon tumor cells. ..
- Thomas P, Converse A, Berg H. ZIP9, a novel membrane androgen receptor and zinc transporter protein. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2018;257:130-136 pubmed publisher..ZIP9 has a very broad tissue distribution and is predicted to mediate numerous and diverse nonclassical androgen actions in vertebrates. ..
- Korablev O, Dobrolensky Y, Evdokimova N, Fedorova A, Kuzmin R, Mantsevich S, et al. Infrared Spectrometer for ExoMars: A Mast-Mounted Instrument for the Rover. Astrobiology. 2017;17:542-564 pubmed publisher..The science objectives of the experiment, the instrument design, and operational scenarios are described. Key Words: ExoMars-ISEM-Mars-Surface-Mineralogy-Spectroscopy-AOTF-Infrared. Astrobiology 17, 542-564...
- Taubner R, Schleper C, Firneis M, Rittmann S. Assessing the Ecophysiology of Methanogens in the Context of Recent Astrobiological and Planetological Studies. Life (Basel). 2015;5:1652-86 pubmed publisher..Eventually, we give an outlook on the feasibility and the necessity of future astrobiological studies concerning methanogens. ..
- Vanegas J, VÃ¡squez F. [Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines (MARS), an alternative for the analysis of time series]. Gac Sanit. 2017;31:235-237 pubmed publisher..For demonstrative purposes, data series regarding the mortality of children under 5 years of age in Costa Rica were used, comprising the period 1978-2008. ..
- Black B, Perron J, Hemingway D, Bailey E, Nimmo F, Zebker H. Global drainage patterns and the origins of topographic relief on Earth, Mars, and Titan. Science. 2017;356:727-731 pubmed publisher..We attribute the observed differences to ancient long-wavelength topography on Mars, recent or ongoing generation of long-wavelength relief on Titan, and the creation of short-wavelength relief by plate tectonics on Earth. ..
- Cohen B, Mark D, Cassata W, Lee M, Tomkinson T, Smith C. Taking the pulse of Mars via dating of a plume-fed volcano. Nat Commun. 2017;8:640 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors have measured the crystallization and ejection ages of meteorites from a Martian volcano and find that its growth rate was much slower than analogous volcanoes on Earth...
- Lopez Lopez V, Ros J, Ferreras D, SanMartin J, Martinez M, Pons Miñano J, et al. Molecular Adsorbent Recirculating System Treatment Can Reduce Blood Levels of N-Acetylcysteine in Patients With Acetaminophen Overdose: Case Reports. Transplant Proc. 2018;50:687-689 pubmed publisher..These considerations in the management of this entity help in the resolution of liver failure, thus avoiding the need for a liver transplant. ..
- MichÃ¡lek V, ProchÃ¡zka I, BlaÅ¾ej J. Twenty Years of Rad-Hard K14 SPAD in Space Projects. Sensors (Basel). 2015;15:18178-96 pubmed publisher..Recent space applications of K14 SPAD comprises LIDAR and mainly time transfer between ground stations and artificial satellites. These include Laser Time Transfer, Time Transfer by Laser Link, and European Laser Timing projects. ..
- Yang Q, Peng S, Wu J, Ban X, He M, Xie C, et al. Spectral CT with monochromatic imaging and metal artifacts reduction software for artifacts reduction of Â¹Â²âµI radioactive seeds in liver brachytherapy. Jpn J Radiol. 2015;33:694-705 pubmed publisher..Spectral CT imaging (with and without MARS) can provide more accurate CT images for estimating efficacy after (125)I seed brachytherapy in the liver. ..
- Youngblut M, Tsai C, Clark I, Carlson H, Maglaqui A, Gau Pan P, et al. Perchlorate Reductase Is Distinguished by Active Site Aromatic Gate Residues. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9190-202 pubmed publisher..Our combined results provide the first detailed structural insight into the mechanism of biological perchlorate reduction, a critical component of the chlorine redox cycle on Earth. ..
- Schuster H, Peck S. Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kid: ethical implications of pregnancy on missions to colonize other planets. Life Sci Soc Policy. 2016;12:10 pubmed publisher..Resources such as air, food, and medical supplies will be limited and calculated to keep the crew members alive. We explore the bioethical concerns of near-future space travel. ..
- Straume T, Slaba T, Bhattacharya S, Braby L. Cosmic-ray interaction data for designing biological experiments in space. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2017;13:51-59 pubmed publisher..Although the focus here is on biological experiments, the information provided may be useful for designing other payloads as well if the space radiation environment is a factor to be considered. ..
- Ying Y, Weng Y, Chang K. The impact of alcohol policies on alcohol-attributable diseases in Taiwan-A population-based study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017;180:103-112 pubmed publisher..Attention should be focused on this cohort to protect this vulnerable population. ..
- Lin C, Saffari M, Koenig H, Pakpour A. Effects of religiosity and religious coping on medication adherence and quality of life among people with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2018;78:45-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, religiosity and religious coping may be determinants of medication adherence and QoL in PWE; health professionals may consider asking PWE if religion is important to them and how they use it to cope with their epilepsy. ..
- Li S, Kang L, Zhang Y, Feng B, Du J, Cui H. Detecting the presence of hippocampus membrane androgen receptors in male SAMP8 mice and their induced synaptic plasticity. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;414:82-90 pubmed publisher..Next, we explored the protective mechanism and found that T and DHT altered the expression of synaptophysin (SYN) and postsynaptic dense material 95 (PSD95), which play crucial roles in cognitive function and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Grosch E, Hazen R. Microbes, Mineral Evolution, and the Rise of Microcontinents-Origin and Coevolution of Life with Early Earth. Astrobiology. 2015;15:922-39 pubmed publisher..We also consider environmental factors supporting this earliest step in geosphere-biosphere coevolution and the implications for habitability and mineral evolution on other rocky planets, such as Mars. ..
- Zawadzki K, Samecka Cymerman A, Kolon K, WojtuÅ„ B, MrÃ³z L, Kempers A. Metals in Pleurozium schreberi and Polytrichum commune from areas with various levels of pollution. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:11100-8 pubmed publisher..Soil may also be an additional source of metals, and it affects the uptake in endohydric P. commune more than in ectohydric P. schreberi. However, the precise explanation of these relations needs further investigation. ..
- Wang X, Wang J, Wang Y, Guo Y, Chu B, Yang G. Sus scrofa matrix attachment region enhances expression of the PiggyBac system transfected into HEK293T cells. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:949-58 pubmed publisher..SusMAR enhanced recombinant gene expression levels and stability in HEK293T cells, was not increase transgene copy number. These results could facilitate the development of vectors for stable production of therapeutic proteins. ..
- Jost A, Hoson T, Iversen T. The Utilization of Plant Facilities on the International Space Station-The Composition, Growth, and Development of Plant Cell Walls under Microgravity Conditions. Plants (Basel). 2015;4:44-62 pubmed publisher..Linked to these aspects is a description of existing hardware functioning on the International Space Station. ..
- Naru J, Aggarwal R, Singh U, Mohanty A, Bansal D, Mangat N, et al. Proteomic analysis of differentially expressed proteins in vitreous humor of patients with retinoblastoma using iTRAQ-coupled ESI-MS/MS approach. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:13915-13926 pubmed..Further investigations into unravelling the biological role of the proteins and their prospects of being utilised as potential candidates in therapeutics are warranted. ..
- Lin C, Chen H, Pakpour A. Correlation between adherence to antiepileptic drugs and quality of life in patients with epilepsy: A longitudinal study. Epilepsy Behav. 2016;63:103-108 pubmed publisher..001). The MARS-5 score can predict the QoL in patients with epilepsy for up to 18months. Therefore, healthcare providers may predict the QoL and drug adherence using the MARS-5 score, in order to design personalized interventions. ..
- Ahlawat S, Stern S, Belzberg A, Fritz J. High-resolution metal artifact reduction MR imaging of the lumbosacral plexus in patients with metallic implants. Skeletal Radiol. 2017;46:897-908 pubmed publisher..MARS MRI yields high image quality and diagnostic accuracy for the assessment of lumbosacral neuropathies in patients with metallic implants of the pelvis and hips. ..
- Chow B, Chen T, Zhong Y, Qiao Y. Direct Formation of Structural Components Using a Martian Soil Simulant. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1151 pubmed publisher..Gas permeability of compacted samples was measured to be on the order of 10-16â€‰m2, close to that of solid rocks. The compaction procedure is adaptive to additive manufacturing. ..
- Dhaher Y, Salehghaffari S, Adouni M. Anterior laxity, graft-tunnel interaction and surgical design variations during anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A probabilistic simulation of the surgery. J Biomech. 2016;49:3009-3016 pubmed publisher..In the context of the design of prospective studies, our findings highlight the need to include the graft tension and not fixation angle at the time of fixation as a variable in the evaluation of the surgery. ..
- Cheng H, Hao R, Zhou Y, Frost R. Visible and near-infrared spectroscopic comparison of five phyllosilicate mineral samples. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2017;180:19-22 pubmed publisher..Further, such analysis can also provide important constraints on the nature of putative global and local-scale mineralogical transitions on Mars. ..
- Colombo L, Melardi E, Ferri P, Montesano G, Samir Attaalla S, Patelli F, et al. Visual function improvement using photocromic and selective blue-violet light filtering spectacle lenses in patients affected by retinal diseases. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:149 pubmed publisher..The use of a combination of photocromic lens with a selective blue-violet light filter showed functional benefit in all evaluated patients. ..
- Grant J, Venegas J, McDermott W, Hermans I. Aerobic Oxidations of Light Alkanes over Solid Metal Oxide Catalysts. Chem Rev. 2017;: pubmed publisher..e., propane to acrylic acid) require specific reaction sites for each oxidation step and benefit from site isolation provided by spectator species. These themes, and others, are discussed in the text...
- Weekly T, Walker N, Beck J, Akers S, Weaver M. A Review of Apps for Calming, Relaxation, and Mindfulness Interventions for Pediatric Palliative Care Patients. Children (Basel). 2018;5: pubmed publisher..Provision of mobile apps resource summary has the potential to foster pediatric palliative care providers' knowledge of app functionality and applicability as part of ongoing patient care. ..
- van der Weegen W, Smolders J, Sijbesma T, Hoekstra H, Brakel K, van Susante J. High incidence of pseudotumours after hip resurfacing even in low risk patients; results from an intensified MRI screening protocol. Hip Int. 2013;23:243-9 pubmed publisher..We concluded that clinical outcomes and plain radiographs for screening MoM patients underestimates the presence of pseudotumours in MoM patients. The true clinical relevance of these pseudotumours is still unclear...
- Telke A, Rolain J. Functional genomics to discover antibiotic resistance genes: The paradigm of resistance to colistin mediated by ethanolamine phosphotransferase in Shewanella algae MARS 14. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015;46:648-52 pubmed publisher..algae MARS 14 was associated with overexpression of EptA (27-fold increase), which plays a crucial role in the arrangement of outer membrane lipopolysaccharide. ..
- Winick Ng W, Caetano F, Winick Ng J, Morey T, Heit B, Rylett R. 82-kDa choline acetyltransferase and SATB1 localize to ?-amyloid induced matrix attachment regions. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23914 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that 82-kDa ChAT and SATB1 play critical roles in the response of neural cells to acute A?-exposure. ..
- Spatz J, Ellman R, Cloutier A, Louis L, van Vliet M, Dwyer D, et al. Sclerostin antibody inhibits skeletal deterioration in mice exposed to partial weight-bearing. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2017;12:32-38 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results demonstrate the efficacy of sclerostin antibody therapy in preventing astronaut bone loss during terrestrial solar system exploration. ..
- Rao Y, Zoberi J, Kadbi M, Grigsby P, Cammin J, Mackey S, et al. Metal artifact reduction in MRI-based cervical cancer intracavitary brachytherapy. Phys Med Biol. 2017;62:3011-3024 pubmed publisher..O-MAR also reduced susceptibility artifacts associated with metal fiducial markers so that they appeared on MRI at their true dimensions. ..
- de Wet W, Townsend L. A calculation of the radiation environment on the Martian surface. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2017;14:51-56 pubmed publisher..Future updates to the secondary light particle production methods in the nuclear model within HETC-HEDS are expected to improve light ion flux predictions. ..
- Sato T, Nagamatsu A, Ueno H, Kataoka R, Miyake S, Takeda K, et al. COMPARISON OF COSMIC-RAY ENVIRONMENTS ON EARTH, MOON, MARS AND IN SPACECARFT USING PHITS. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2017;:1-4 pubmed publisher..The information obtained from this study is useful in the designs of the future space missions as well as accelerator-based experiments dedicated to cosmic-ray research...
- Rothschild L. Synthetic biology meets bioprinting: enabling technologies for humans on Mars (and Earth). Biochem Soc Trans. 2016;44:1158-64 pubmed publisher..This new approach and the resulting novel products will enable human exploration and settlement on Mars, while providing new manufacturing approaches for life on Earth. ..
- Raack J, Conway S, Herny C, Balme M, Carpy S, Patel M. Water induced sediment levitation enhances downslope transport on Mars. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1151 pubmed publisher..Sediment levitation must therefore be considered when evaluating the formation of recent and present-day martian mass wasting features, as much less water may be required to form such features than previously thought. ..
- Afulani P, Kirumbi L, Lyndon A. What makes or mars the facility-based childbirth experience: thematic analysis of women's childbirth experiences in western Kenya. Reprod Health. 2017;14:180 pubmed publisher..To improve person-centered maternity care, interventions need to address the responsiveness of health facilities, ensure women receive supportive and dignified care, and promote effective patient-provider communication. ..
- van Meel E, Wegner D, Cliften P, Willing M, White F, Kornfeld S, et al. Rare recessive loss-of-function methionyl-tRNA synthetase mutations presenting as a multi-organ phenotype. BMC Med Genet. 2013;14:106 pubmed publisher..We found that the F370L and I523T mutations did not affect the association of MARS with the multisynthetase complex. This infant expands the catalogue of inherited human diseases caused by mutations in aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase genes. ..
- Ploutz Snyder L. Evaluating countermeasures in spaceflight analogs. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:915-21 pubmed publisher..In preparation for Mars exploration it will be necessary to fully integrate countermeasures to protect all organ systems. The synergistic and antagonistic effects of multiple countermeasures needs to be the focus of future work. ..
- Salazar Cano J, Guevara García A, Vargas R, Restrepo A, Garza J. Hydrogen bonds in methane-water clusters. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2016;18:23508-15 pubmed publisher..Finally, our evidence places a stern warning about the abilities of popular geometrical criteria to determine the existence of hydrogen bonds. ..
- Bridges J, Clemmet J, Croon M, Sims M, Pullan D, Muller J, et al. Identification of the Beagle 2 lander on Mars. R Soc Open Sci. 2017;4:170785 pubmed publisher..This implies that the main part of the entry, descent and landing sequence, the ejection from MEX, atmospheric entry and parachute deployment, and landing worked as planned with perhaps only the final full panel deployment failing...
- García Nieto P, García Gonzalo E, Ordóñez Galán C, Bernardo Sánchez A. Hybrid ABC Optimized MARS-Based Modeling of the Milling Tool Wear from Milling Run Experimental Data. Materials (Basel). 2016;9: pubmed publisher..This new model also allowed us to ascertain the most influential parameters on the milling tool flank wear with a view to proposing milling machine's improvements. Finally, conclusions of this study are exposed. ..
- Kim J, Seong B. Highly chromophoric Cy5-methionine for N-terminal fluorescent tagging of proteins in eukaryotic translation systems. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11642 pubmed publisher..This methodology has potential utility in the single molecule analysis of human proteins in vitro and in vivo for addressing to their complex biological structural and functional dynamics. ..
- Ubeda M, Schmitt Ney M, Ferrer J, Habener J. CHOP/GADD153 and methionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) genes overlap in a conserved region that controls mRNA stability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;262:31-8 pubmed..Here we report the mapping of the methionyl tRNA synthetase (MetRS) gene to the identical 12q13 locus where the CHOP gene had previously been mapped...
- Fox S, Strasdeit H. Inhabited or Uninhabited? Pitfalls in the Interpretation of Possible Chemical Signatures of Extraterrestrial Life. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:1622 pubmed publisher..These considerations are particularly important for life detection missions to solar system bodies such as Mars, Europa, and Enceladus...
- Chapman S, Dale P, Svedsater H, Stynes G, Vyas N, Price D, et al. Modelling the effect of beliefs about asthma medication and treatment intrusiveness on adherence and preference for once-daily vs. twice-daily medication. NPJ Prim Care Respir Med. 2017;27:61 pubmed publisher..Confirm the utility of the PAPA model and NCF in explaining nonadherence linked to poor asthma control. ..
- Ahn H, Kim S, Lee B. Solution structure and p43 binding of the p38 leucine zipper motif: coiled-coil interactions mediate the association between p38 and p43. FEBS Lett. 2003;542:119-24 pubmed..Thus, we propose that the p38-p43 complex would be formed by coiled-coil interactions, and the formation of the binary complex would facilitate the macromolecular assembly of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. ..
- Gong D, Ji D, Ren B, Tao J, Xu B, Ronco C, et al. Significant decrease in dialysate albumin concentration during molecular adsorbent recirculating system (M.A.R.S.) therapy. Int J Artif Organs. 2008;31:333-9 pubmed..A.R.S.) is widely used as liver support therapy in patients with hepatic dysfunction. The goal of this study was to measure changes in dialysate albumin and bilirubin concentrations during clinical MARS treatments...
- Tan N, Yan A. From Mars to Venus: Gender Differences in the Management and Outcomes of Acute Coronary Syndromes. Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22:3790-801 pubmed..We also examine gender differences in the trends of clinical outcomes, and possible mechanisms that account for persistent care gaps where future efforts can be directed. ..
- Blachowicz A, Mayer T, Bashir M, Pieber T, De Leon P, Venkateswaran K. Human presence impacts fungal diversity of inflated lunar/Mars analog habitat. Microbiome. 2017;5:62 pubmed publisher..On a genus level Epiccocum, Alternaria, Pleosporales, Davidiella, and Cryptococcus showed increased abundance over the occupation time. ..
- Ratliff H, Smith M, Heilbronn L. Simulation of the GCR spectrum in the Mars curiosity rover's RAD detector using MCNP6. Life Sci Space Res (Amst). 2017;14:43-50 pubmed publisher..Using the ICRP-60 dose equivalent conversion factors built into MCNP6, the simulated 4Ï€ dose equivalent rate was found to be 473.1â€‰Â±â€‰2.4â€¯ÂµSv/day while RAD reported 710â€¯ÂµSv/day. ..
- Liu Y, Conboy M, Mehdipour M, Liu Y, Tran T, Blotnick A, et al. Application of bio-orthogonal proteome labeling to cell transplantation and heterochronic parabiosis. Nat Commun. 2017;8:643 pubmed publisher..We use a transgenic mouse strain that ubiquitously expresses a modified tRNA methionine synthase, metRS, which preferentially incorporates the methionine surrogate azido-nor-leucine (ANL) into newly generated proteins...
- Dutta S, Hadley M, Peterman S, Jewell J, Duncan V, Britten R. Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of the Hippocampus of Rats with GCR-Induced Spatial Memory Impairment. Radiat Res. 2018;189:136-145 pubmed publisher..It may be possible to use this knowledge to develop two alternative countermeasure strategies, one that preserves critical pathways prophylactically and one that invokes restorative pathways after GCR exposure. ..
- Deniziak M, Barciszewski J. Methionyl-tRNA synthetase. Acta Biochim Pol. 2001;48:337-50 pubmedMethionyl-tRNA synthetase (MetRS) belongs to the family of 20 enzymes essential for protein biosynthesis. It links covalently methionine with its cognate tRNA...
- Dunet V, Bernasconi M, Hajdu S, Meuli R, Daniel R, Zerlauth J. Impact of metal artifact reduction software on image quality of gemstone spectral imaging dual-energy cerebral CT angiography after intracranial aneurysm clipping. Neuroradiology. 2017;59:845-852 pubmed publisher..MARs significantly reduces metal artifacts on DE cerebral CTA after intracranial aneurysm clipping regardless of clips' location and number. It may be used to reduce radiation dose while increasing CNR. ..
- Chen E, Chen E. Comment on: NEGATIVE IONS, MOLECULAR ELECTRON AFFINITY AND ORBITAL STRUCTURE OF CATA-CONDENSED POLYCYCLIC AROMATIC HYDROCARBONS by Rustem V. Khatymov , Mars V. Muftakhov, Pavel V. Shchukin. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The anion mass spectral lifetimes for several aromatic hydrocarbons reported in the subject article were related to significantly different electron affinities. The different values are rationalized using negative ion mass spectral data...
- Romanova N, Noll T. Engineered and natural promoters and chromatin-modifying elements for recombinant protein expression in CHO cells. Biotechnol J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..This review provides up-to date information to facilitate the choice of a suitable promoter and adjacent chromatin-modifying elements to maximize transgene expression as well as ensure longterm expression stability in CHO cell culture...
- Cirullo R, Wasmuth J. Assignment of the human MARS gene, encoding methioninyl-tRNA synthetase, to chromosome 12 using human X Chinese hamster cell hybrids. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1984;10:225-34 pubmed..The correlation between the presence of the human form of methioninyl -tRNA synthetase and human chromosome 12 in temperature-resistant hybrids indicates that the human MARS locus is located on this chromosome. ..
- Hadchouel A, Wieland T, Griese M, Baruffini E, Lorenz Depiereux B, Enaud L, et al. Biallelic Mutations of Methionyl-tRNA Synthetase Cause a Specific Type of Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Prevalent on RÃ©union Island. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;96:826-31 pubmed publisher..In summary, identification of a founder mutation in MARS led to the molecular definition of a specific type of PAP and will enable carrier screening in the affected community and possibly open new treatment opportunities. ..
- Mickol R, Kral T. Low Pressure Tolerance by Methanogens in an Aqueous Environment: Implications for Subsurface Life on Mars. Orig Life Evol Biosph. 2017;47:511-532 pubmed publisher..If that is the case, any organism being transported in the water column would encounter the changing pressures during the transport. ..