Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MENTHO
Description: STARD3 N-terminal like
Alias: MENTHO, STARD3 N-terminal-like protein, MLN64 N-terminal domain homolog
- Plenker D, Bertrand M, de Langen A, Riedel R, Lorenz C, Scheel A, et al. Structural Alterations of MET Trigger Response to MET Kinase Inhibition in Lung Adenocarcinoma Patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2018;24:1337-1343 pubmed publisher..Our functional analyses together with the clinical data suggest that these structural alterations may represent actionable targets in lung cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res; 24(6); 1337-43. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Alpy F, Tomasetto C. MLN64 and MENTHO, two mediators of endosomal cholesterol transport. Biochem Soc Trans. 2006;34:343-5 pubmedMLN64 (metastatic lymph node 64) and MENTHO (MLN64 N-terminal homologue) are two late-endosomal proteins that share a conserved region of four transmembrane helices with three short intervening loops called the MENTAL domain (MLN64 N-..
- Alpy F, Rousseau A, Schwab Y, Legueux F, Stoll I, Wendling C, et al. STARD3 or STARD3NL and VAP form a novel molecular tether between late endosomes and the ER. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5500-12 pubmed publisher..An in situ proximity ligation assay between STARD3, STARD3NL and VAP proteins identified endogenous LE-ER MCS. Thus, we report here the identification of proteins involved in inter-organellar interaction. ..
- Wilhelm L, Tomasetto C, Alpy F. Touché! STARD3 and STARD3NL tether the ER to endosomes. Biochem Soc Trans. 2016;44:493-8 pubmed publisher..This direct interaction allows ER-endosome contact formation. STARD3 or STARD3NL-mediated ER-endosome contacts, which affect endosome dynamics, are believed to be involved in cholesterol transport. ..
- Alpy F, Wendling C, Rio M, Tomasetto C. MENTHO, a MLN64 homologue devoid of the START domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:50780-7 pubmed..In the present study, we have cloned a human cDNA encoding a novel protein that we called MENTHO as an acronym for MLN64 N-terminal domain homologue because this protein is closely related to the amino-terminal ..
- Tuckey R, Bose H, Czerwionka I, Miller W. Molten globule structure and steroidogenic activity of N-218 MLN64 in human placental mitochondria. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1700-7 pubmed..The results reveal that with saturating MLN64, steroidogenesis by placental mitochondria proceeds at near-maximal rate. ..
- Alpy F, Latchumanan V, Kedinger V, Janoshazi A, Thiele C, Wendling C, et al. Functional characterization of the MENTAL domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17945-52 pubmed..contains a conserved membrane-spanning MENTAL (MLN64 NH(2)-terminal) domain shared with an unique protein called MENTHO (MLN64 NH(2)-terminal domain homologue) and targets the protein to late endosome...
- Man M, Close S, Shaw A, Bernard G, Douglas I, Kaner R, et al. Beyond single-marker analyses: mining whole genome scans for insights into treatment responses in severe sepsis. Pharmacogenomics J. 2013;13:218-26 pubmed publisher..In contrast, evidence for gene-gene interactions were identified for sepsis treatment responses with genetic biomarkers dominating models for predicting therapeutic responses, yielding candidates for replication in other cohorts. ..