Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MEF2B
Description: myocyte enhancer factor 2B
Alias: RSRFR2, myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2B, MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2, polypeptide B (myocyte enhancer factor 2B), serum response factor-like protein 2
- Pollock R, Treisman R. Human SRF-related proteins: DNA-binding properties and potential regulatory targets. Genes Dev. 1991;5:2327-41 pubmed..related to the SRF DNA-binding domain: In RSRFC4 and RSRFC9, this region is identical, whereas that present in RSRFR2 differs by seven conservative amino acid substitutions...
- Pon J, Wong J, Saberi S, Alder O, Moksa M, Grace Cheng S, et al. MEF2B mutations in non-Hodgkin lymphoma dysregulate cell migration by decreasing MEF2B target gene activation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7953 pubmed publisherMyocyte enhancer factor 2B (MEF2B) is a transcription factor with mutation hotspots at K4, Y69 and D83 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)...
- Ying C, Dominguez Sola D, Fabi M, Lorenz I, Hussein S, Bansal M, et al. MEF2B mutations lead to deregulated expression of the oncogene BCL6 in diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Nat Immunol. 2013;14:1084-92 pubmed publisherb>MEF2B encodes a transcriptional activator and is mutated in ?11% of diffuse large B cell lymphomas (DLBCLs) and ?12% of follicular lymphomas (FLs)...
- Sun Q, Sattayakhom A, Backs J, Stremmel W, Chamulitrat W. Role of myocyte enhancing factor 2B in epithelial myofibroblast transition of human gingival keratinocytes. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:178-85 pubmed publisher..Myocyte enhancing factor 2B (MEF2B) is the only MEF2 isoform expressed during early embryonic development, and is herein proposed to transactivate ..
- Guo X. [Properties comparing and evolutionary analysis of MEF2 of Homo sapiens based on bioinformatic methods]. Yi Chuan. 2011;33:975-81 pubmed..The phylogenetic tree result shows that MEF2B may be original because of its difference of sequences and evolutional relation.
- Gong X, Tsai S, Yan B, Rubin L. Cooperation between MEF2 and PPARgamma in human intestinal beta,beta-carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase gene expression. BMC Mol Biol. 2006;7:7 pubmed..The findings suggest that the interaction between MEF2 and PPAR factors may provide a molecular basis for interspecies differences in the transcriptional regulation of the BCMO1 gene. ..
- Konig S, Hinard V, Arnaudeau S, Holzer N, Potter G, Bader C, et al. Membrane hyperpolarization triggers myogenin and myocyte enhancer factor-2 expression during human myoblast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28187-96 pubmed..We propose that Kir2.1 channel activation is a required key early event that initiates myogenesis by turning on myogenin and MEF2 transcription factors via a hyperpolarization-activated Ca(2+)-dependent pathway. ..
- Karasseva N, Tsika G, Ji J, Zhang A, Mao X, Tsika R. Transcription enhancer factor 1 binds multiple muscle MEF2 and A/T-rich elements during fast-to-slow skeletal muscle fiber type transitions. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5143-64 pubmed
- Hobson G, Krahe R, Garcia E, Siciliano M, Funanage V. Regional chromosomal assignments for four members of the MADS domain transcription enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) gene family to human chromosomes 15q26, 19p12, 5q14, and 1q12-q23. Genomics. 1995;29:704-11 pubmed..YAC clones for two of the genes, MEF2A and MEF2C, and a PCR product was used to identify cosmid clones for MEF2B. Genetic and physical mapping information available from genome databases on markers contained within YAC and ..
- Iida K, Hidaka K, Takeuchi M, Nakayama M, Yutani C, Mukai T, et al. Expression of MEF2 genes during human cardiac development. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1999;187:15-23 pubmed..Expression of all four MEF2 transcripts (MEF2A, MEF2B, MEF2C, and MEF2D) were detected in all developmental stage of the human heart, while Mef2b transcripts were down-..
- KrenÃ¡cs D, BorbÃ©nyi Z, Bedekovics J, MÃ©hes G, Bagdi E, KrenÃ¡cs L. Pattern of MEF2B expression in lymphoid tissues and in malignant lymphomas. Virchows Arch. 2015;467:345-55 pubmed publisherMyocyte enhancer binding factor 2 B (MEF2B) is a member of the evolutionary conserved transcription family MEF2...
- Yu Y, Breitbart R, Smoot L, Lee Y, Mahdavi V, Nadal Ginard B. Human myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2 comprises a group of tissue-restricted MADS box transcription factors. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1783-98 pubmed..Moreover, MEF2 is induced in nonmuscle cells by MyoD; however, MEF2 alone is insufficient to produce the full muscle phenotype. Implications for the molecular mechanisms of myogenesis are considered. ..
- Moore E, Swerdlow S, Gibson S. J chain and myocyte enhancer factor 2B are useful in differentiating classical Hodgkin lymphoma from nodular lymphocyte predominant Hodgkin lymphoma and primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma. Hum Pathol. 2017;68:47-53 pubmed publisher..We investigated the utility of J chain and myocyte enhancer factor 2B (MEF2B) in the diagnosis of CHL; NLPHL; PMBL; T-cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma (TCRLBL); and B-cell lymphoma, ..