Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MED1
Description: mediator complex subunit 1
Alias: CRSP1, CRSP200, DRIP205, DRIP230, PBP, PPARBP, PPARGBP, RB18A, TRAP220, TRIP2, ARC205, PPAR binding protein, PPAR-binding protein, PPARG binding protein, TR-interacting protein 2, TRIP-2, activator-recruited cofactor 205 kDa component, mediator of RNA polymerase II transcription subunit 1, p53 regulatory protein RB18A, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-binding protein, thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein complex 220 kDa component, thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein complex component TRAP220, thyroid receptor interacting protein 2, thyroid receptor-interacting protein 2, vitamin D receptor-interacting protein 230 kD, vitamin D receptor-interacting protein complex component DRIP205
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- MED220/thyroid receptor-associated protein 220 functions as a transcriptional coactivator with Pit-1 and GATA-2 on the thyrotropin-beta promoter in thyrotropesDavid F Gordon
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Fitzsimons, Mail Stop 8106, P O Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80049, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:1073-89. 2006..Thus, the TSHbeta gene is maximally activated by a combination of three thyrotrope transcription factors that act via both protein-DNA and protein-protein interactions...
- Arginine and glutamate-rich 1 (ARGLU1) interacts with mediator subunit 1 (MED1) and is required for estrogen receptor-mediated gene transcription and breast cancer cell growthDingxiao Zhang
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 286:17746-54. 2011..b>MED1 (Mediator subunit 1) is the key Mediator subunit that directly interacts with estrogen receptor to mediate its ..
- Spatio-temporal activation of chromatin on the human CYP24 gene promoter in the presence of 1alpha,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3Sami Väisänen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Mol Biol 350:65-77. 2005....
- Isolation and characterization of PBP, a protein that interacts with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptorY Zhu
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25500-6. 1997..We now report the isolation of a cDNA encoding a 165-kDa PPARgamma-binding protein, designated PBP which also serves as a coactivator...
- RB18A, whose gene is localized on chromosome 17q12-q21.1, regulates in vivo p53 transactivating activityR Frade
Immunochimie des Régulations Cellulaires et des Interactions Virales, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 354, Centre INSERM, H pital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Cancer Res 60:6585-9. 2000..Drane et al., Oncogene, 15: 3013-3024, 1997) RB18A, a new gene whose encoded Mr 205,000 protein interacted in vitro, through its COOH-terminal domain, with p53...
- The USA-derived transcriptional coactivator PC2 is a submodule of TRAP/SMCC and acts synergistically with other PCsS Malik
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 5:753-60. 2000....
- Ligand induction of a transcriptionally active thyroid hormone receptor coactivator complexJ D Fondell
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8329-33. 1996..These findings demonstrate the ligand-dependent in vivo formation of a transcriptionally active TR-multisubunit protein complex and suggest a role for TRAPs as positive coactivators for gene-specific transcriptional activation...
- Acetylation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 by p300/CREB-binding protein regulates coactivation of NF-kappaB-dependent transcriptionPaul O Hassa
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 280:40450-64. 2005..Thus, acetylation of PARP-1 by p300/CREB-binding protein plays an important regulatory role in NF-kappaB-dependent gene activation by enhancing its functional interaction with p300 and the Mediator complex...
- Ligand-dependent interactions of coactivators steroid receptor coactivator-1 and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor binding protein with nuclear hormone receptors can be imaged in live cells and are required for transcriptionJ Llopis
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4363-8. 2000..Here we demonstrate that both peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor binding protein (PBP) and steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) are required for ligand-dependent transcription of transiently ..
- The TRAP220 component of a thyroid hormone receptor- associated protein (TRAP) coactivator complex interacts directly with nuclear receptors in a ligand-dependent fashionC X Yuan
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7939-44. 1998..Both TRAP220 and TRAP100 contain LXXLL domains found in other nuclear receptor-interacting proteins and both appear to reside ..
- The DRIP complex and SRC-1/p160 coactivators share similar nuclear receptor binding determinants but constitute functionally distinct complexesC Rachez
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:2718-26. 2000..In this report, we characterize the nuclear receptor binding features of DRIP205, a key subunit of the DRIP complex, that interacts directly with VDR and thyroid hormone receptor in response to ..
- Differential regulation of glucocorticoid receptor transcriptional activation via AF-1-associated proteinsA B Hittelman
Department of Microbiology and the Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 18:5380-8. 1999..In addition, we show that another member of the DRIP complex, DRIP205, interacts with the GR ligand binding domain in a hormone-dependent manner and facilitates GR transactivation in ..
- Composite co-activator ARC mediates chromatin-directed transcriptional activationA M Näär
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Nature 398:828-32. 1999..Thus, ARC/DRIP is a large composite co-activator that belongs to a family of related cofactors and is targeted by different classes of activator to mediate transcriptional stimulation...
- Identity between TRAP and SMCC complexes indicates novel pathways for the function of nuclear receptors and diverse mammalian activatorsM Ito
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 3:361-70. 1999..In parallel with ligand-dependent interactions of nuclear receptors with the TRAP220 subunit, p53 and VP16 activation domains interact directly with a newly cloned TRAP80 subunit...
- Ligand-dependent transcription activation by nuclear receptors requires the DRIP complexC Rachez
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 398:824-8. 1999..The role of nuclear-receptor ligands may, in part, be to recruit such a cofactor complex to the receptor and, in doing so, to enhance transcription of target genes...
- The mediator complex functions as a coactivator for GATA-1 in erythropoiesis via subunit Med1/TRAP220Melanie Stumpf
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18504-9. 2006..Mediator subunit Med1/TRAP220 is a key component of Mediator originally found to associate with nuclear hormone receptors...
- Distinct roles of the steroid receptor coactivator 1 and of MED1 in retinoid-induced transcription and cellular differentiationSébastien Flajollet
INSERM U459, FacultédeMédecine Henri Warembourg, Lille F 59045, France
J Biol Chem 281:20338-48. 2006..Unexpectedly, Med1/TRAP220/DRIP205-depleted cells exhibited an exacerbated response to retinoids, both in terms transcriptional responses ..
- Regulation of the human cyclin C gene via multiple vitamin D3-responsive regions in its promoterLasse Sinkkonen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2440-51. 2005....
- Phosphorylation of transcriptional coactivator peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-binding protein (PBP). Stimulation of transcriptional regulation by mitogen-activated protein kinaseParimal Misra
Department of Pathology, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 277:48745-54. 2002Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-binding protein (PBP) is an important coactivator for PPARgamma and other transcription factors...
- The activation function-1 domain of Nur77/NR4A1 mediates trans-activation, cell specificity, and coactivator recruitmentK D Senali Abayratna Wansa
University of Queensland Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology Institute for Molecular Bioscience, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:33001-11. 2002..Thus, the AF-1 domain plays a major role in Nur77-mediated transcriptional activation, cofactor recruitment, and intra- and intermolecular interactions...
- Transcription coactivator TRAP220 is required for PPAR gamma 2-stimulated adipogenesisKai Ge
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 417:563-7. 2002..This complex interacts physically with several nuclear receptors through the TRAP220 subunit, and with diverse activators through other subunits...
- 2-Methylene-19-nor-(20S)-1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 potently stimulates gene-specific DNA binding of the vitamin D receptor in osteoblastsHironori Yamamoto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 278:31756-65. 2003..and ChIP indicate that 2MD is also more potent in promoting interaction with RXR and the coactivators SRC-1 and DRIP205. Finally, protease digestion studies revealed a unique VDR conformation in the presence of 2MD...
- The TRAP/Mediator coactivator complex interacts directly with estrogen receptors alpha and beta through the TRAP220 subunit and directly enhances estrogen receptor function in vitroYun Kyoung Kang
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2642-7. 2002..Studies with extracts from TRAP220(-/-) fibroblasts reveal that these interactions depend on TRAP220, a TRAP/Mediator subunit previously shown to ..
- Full activation of estrogen receptor alpha activation function-1 induces proliferation of breast cancer cellsTetsuo Fujita
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tenno Dai, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26704-14. 2003..These results indicated that fully activated AF-1 induces the stimulation of breast cancer growth and that the ratio between AF-1 coactivators and corepressors plays a key role to prevent proliferation of tumor by tamoxifen...
- MED14 and MED1 differentially regulate target-specific gene activation by the glucocorticoid receptorWeiwei Chen
Department of Microbiology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:560-72. 2006The Mediator subunits MED14 and MED1 have been implicated in transcriptional regulation by the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) by acting through its activation functions 1 and 2...
- Activation of TRAP/mediator subunit TRAP220/Med1 is regulated by mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent phosphorylationPradeep K Pandey
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, UMDNJ, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10695-710. 2005..b>TRAP220/Med1 is a key component of TRAP/Mediator that targets the complex to nuclear hormone receptors and other types of ..
- Vitamin D-interacting protein 205 (DRIP205) coactivation of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) involves multiple domains of both proteinsQian Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
J Biol Chem 279:53602-12. 2004Vitamin D-interacting protein 205 (DRIP205) is a mediator complex protein that anchors the complex to the estrogen receptor (ER) and other nuclear receptors (NRs)...
- A novel human SRB/MED-containing cofactor complex, SMCC, involved in transcription regulationW Gu
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell 3:97-108. 1999..homologs of other yeast transcriptional regulatory factors (SOH1 and NUT2), and, significantly, some components (TRAP220, TRAP170/hRGR1, and TRAP100) of a human thyroid hormone receptor-associated coactivator complex...
- p300 mediates functional synergism between AF-1 and AF-2 of estrogen receptor alpha and beta by interacting directly with the N-terminal A/B domainsY Kobayashi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:15645-51. 2000..proteins and thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein-220/(vitamin D3 receptor-interacting protein- 205-(TRAP220/DRIP205) on the AF-1 activity in terms of synergism with the AF-2 function...
- The TRAP/SMCC/Mediator complex and thyroid hormone receptor functionM Ito
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021-6399, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 12:127-34. 2001..The TRAP220 subunit mediates ligand-dependent interactions of the complex with TR and other nuclear receptors; and genetic ..
- [A case of penicillin-resistant pneumococcal pneumonia and penicillin-binding proteins of the clinical isolates]H Shigeno
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Medical College of Oita
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:508-15. 1992..8%). The CZX resistance was observed only in the present case. The detection of penicillin-binding protein (PBP) and binding affinity of beta-lactam antibiotics were studied using PCG sensitive strain, S...
- Functional interactions between the estrogen receptor and DRIP205, a subunit of the heteromeric DRIP coactivator complexD Burakov
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Division, Cornell University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20928-34. 2000..It is recruited to the receptor in response to ligand through specific interactions of one subunit, DRIP205. We present evidence that DRIP205 interacts with another member of the steroid receptor subfamily, estrogen ..
- Phenotypes and genes of resistance of pneumococci to penicillin isolated from childrenV Kotevska
Microbiology and Parasitology Institute, Medical Faculty, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, R Macedonia
Prilozi 30:143-54. 2009..0 microg/ml) and susceptible (< 0,06 microg/ml). The genes pbp2b and pbp 2x, which are the genes mainly responsible for the onset of PRP, were detected using polymerase chain reaction (PCR)..
- The catalytic, glycosyl transferase and acyl transferase modules of the cell wall peptidoglycan-polymerizing penicillin-binding protein 1b of Escherichia coliM Terrak
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Universite de Liege, Institut de Chimie, B6, B 4000 Sart Tilman Liège, Belgium
Mol Microbiol 34:350-64. 1999The penicillin-binding protein (PBP) 1b of Escherichia coli catalyses the assembly of lipid-transported N-acetyl glucosaminyl-beta-1, 4-N-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanyl-gamma-D-glutamyl-(L)-meso-diaminopimelyl+ ++- (L)-D-alanyl-D-alanine ..
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 stimulates cyclic vitamin D receptor/retinoid X receptor DNA-binding, co-activator recruitment, and histone acetylation in intact osteoblastsSungtae Kim
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:305-17. 2005....
- Ceftaroline: a novel broad-spectrum cephalosporin with activity against meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusGeorge G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Drugs 69:809-31. 2009..Ceftaroline has the ability to bind to penicillin-binding protein (PBP)2a, an MRSA-specific PBP that has low affinity for most other beta-lactam antibacterials...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, coactivators, and downstream targetsC Qi
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 32:187-204. 2000..system, the authors recently cloned mouse steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) and PPAR-binding protein (PBP), and identified them as PPAR coactivators...
- Reactivity of penicillin-binding proteins with peptidoglycan-mimetic beta-lactams: what's wrong with these enzymes?Helen R Josephine
Department of Chemistry, Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut 06459, USA
Biochemistry 45:15873-83. 2006..kinetics of their inhibition of a panel of penicillin-binding proteins spanning the major classes (Escherichia coli PBP 2 and PBP 5, Streptococcus pneumoniae PBP 1b, PBP 2x and PBP 3, the Actinomadura R39 DD-peptidase, and the ..
- Target for bacteriostatic and bactericidal activities of beta-lactam antibiotics against Escherichia coli resides in different penicillin-binding proteinsG Satta
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 39:812-8. 1995The relationship between cell-killing kinetics and penicillin-binding protein (PBP) saturation has been evaluated in the permeability mutant Escherichia coli DC2 in which the antimicrobial activity of beta-lactams has been described as ..
- Decreased affinity of mosaic-structure recombinant penicillin-binding protein 2 for oral cephalosporins in Neisseria gonorrhoeaeSusumu Ochiai
Research and Development Department, Mitsubishi Kagaku Bio Clinical Laboratories, Inc, 3 30 1 Shimura, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 8555, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:54-60. 2007In Neisseria gonorrhoeae, the mosaic structure of penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2), composed of fragments of PBP 2 from Neisseria cinerea and Neisseria perflava, was significantly associated with decreased susceptibility to ..
- The highly conserved serine threonine kinase StkP of Streptococcus pneumoniae contributes to penicillin susceptibility independently from genes encoding penicillin-binding proteinsRicardo Dias
Department of Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Health Dr Ricardo Jorge, Lisbon, Portugal
BMC Microbiol 9:121. 2009..with a N-terminal kinase domain a C-terminal PASTA domain carrying the signature of penicillin-binding protein (PBP) and prokaryotic serine threonine kinase...
- Rapid detection of the mosaic structure of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae penA Gene, which is associated with decreased susceptibilities to oral cephalosporinsSusumu Ochiai
Advanced Medicine Development Department, R and D and Business Development Segment, Mitsubishi Chemical Medience Corporation, 3 30 1 Shimura, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 174 8555, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 46:1804-10. 2008In Neisseria gonorrhoeae, the mosaic structure of the penA gene (encoding penicillin-binding protein 2 [PBP 2]), which is composed of fragments of the penA genes from Neisseria cinerea and Neisseria perflava, has been significantly ..
- Synthetic progestins stimulate prostatic binding protein messenger RNAs in the rat ventral prostateC Labrie
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University Medical Center, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 68:169-79. 1990..markers of androgen action in the rat ventral prostate, namely the levels of messenger RNAs encoding the C1 (PBP-C1) and C3 (PBP-C3) components of rat prostatic binding protein (PBP)...
- Analysis of penicillin-binding protein genes of clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae with reduced susceptibility to amoxicillinMignon du Plessis
Pneumococcal Diseases Research Unit of the Medical Research Council, National Health Laboratory Service and University of the Witwatersrand, de Korte Street, Hillbrow, PO Box 1038, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2349-57. 2002..resistance phenotype of higher amoxicillin MICs in relation to the penicillin MICs prompted an analysis of the pbp genes from three such strains isolated in France...
- Investigation of the mechanism of the cell wall DD-carboxypeptidase reaction of penicillin-binding protein 5 of Escherichia coli by quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics calculationsQicun Shi
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:9293-303. 2008Penicillin-binding protein 5 (PBP 5) of Escherichia coli hydrolyzes the terminal D-Ala-D-Ala peptide bond of the stem peptides of the cell wall peptidoglycan...
- Complete sequences of six penicillin-binding protein genes from 40 Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolates collected in JapanYumiko Sanbongi
Pharmaceutical Research Department, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2244-50. 2004All six penicillin-binding protein (PBP) genes, namely, pbp1a, pbp1b, pbp2a, pbp2b, pbp2x, and pbp3, of 40 Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolates, including penicillin-resistant S...
- Association of amino acid substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 3 with beta-lactam resistance in beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzaeK Ubukata
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morookacho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1693-9. 2001The affinity of [(3)H]benzylpenicillin for penicillin-binding protein (PBP) 3A was reduced in 25 clinical isolates of beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin (AMP)-resistant (BLNAR) Haemophilus influenzae for which the AMP MIC was > or =1...
- Non-Penicillin-Binding protein mediated high-level penicillin and cephalosporin resistance in a Hungarian clone of Streptococcus pneumoniaeA M Smith
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, South African Institute for Medical Research, Johannesburg
Microb Drug Resist 6:105-10. 2000..The role that each penicillin-binding protein (PBP) plays in the development of resistance in these strains was investigated via transformation of susceptible strain ..
- [Meningitis due to streptococcus viridans]D Alba
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospital La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana, Madrid
Rev Neurol 23:656-60. 1995..VS are normally sensitive to penicillin G. However VS may be resistant to penicillin (low affinity of PBP to penicillin) and cause serious infections, including meningitis...
- In vitro activity, beta-lactamase stability and PBP affinity of RU 51,746-2, the active metabolite of the new orally absorbed cephalosporin ester, RU 51807M Boaretti
Istituto di Microbiologia, , Italy
J Chemother 3:57-61. 1991..RU 51,746-2 showed a good affinity for high molecular weight penicillin binding proteins (PBPs) of E. coli. PBP 3 was found to be the target for growth inhibition, whereas the additional saturation of PBP 1 and 2 was required ..
- Diversity of beta-lactam resistance-conferring amino acid substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 3 of Haemophilus influenzaeHenri Dabernat
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Centre national de reference des Haemophilus influenzae, Toulouse, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2208-18. 2002The sequences of the ftsI gene, encoding the transpeptidase domain of penicillin binding protein (PBP) 3A and/or PBP 3B, which are involved in septal peptidoglycan synthesis, were determined for 108 clinical strains of Haemophilus ..
- Structure of PBP-A from Thermosynechococcus elongatus, a penicillin-binding protein closely related to class A beta-lactamasesCarole Urbach
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Protéines et des Peptides, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 4 5, bte3, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Mol Biol 386:109-20. 2009..With the aim of evolving a member of this family into a beta-lactamase, PBP-A from Thermosynechococcus elongatus has been chosen because of its thermostability...
- Biogenesis of phycobiliproteins: I. cpcS-I and cpcU mutants of the cyanobacterium Synechococcus sp. PCC 7002 define a heterodimeric phyococyanobilin lyase specific for beta-phycocyanin and allophycocyanin subunitsGaozhong Shen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Biol Chem 283:7503-12. 2008..Single and double mutant strains for cpcS-I and cpcU exhibited slower growth rates, reduced PBP levels, and impaired assembly of phycobilisomes, but a cpcV mutant had no discernable phenotype...
- Genetics of chromosomally mediated intermediate resistance to ceftriaxone and cefixime in Neisseria gonorrhoeaeShuqing Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3744-51. 2009..Ceph(i)] strains) contain a mosaic penA allele encoding penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2) with nearly 60 amino acid differences compared to the sequence of wild-type PBP 2, together with a set of ..
- Altering enzymatic activity: recruitment of carboxypeptidase activity into an RTEM beta-lactamase/penicillin-binding protein 5 chimeraY H Chang
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:2823-7. 1990..into a beta-lactamase background, we have prepared a chimeric protein by inserting a 28-amino acid segment of PBP-5 of Escherichia coli in place of the corresponding region of the RTEM-1 beta-lactamase...
- Alterations in penicillin binding protein gene of Streptococcus pneumoniae and their correlation with susceptibility patternsYoshinobu Ohsaki
First Department of Medicine, Asahikawa Medical College, 2 1 1 1 Midorigaoka Higashi, Asahikawa 078 8510, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 22:140-6. 2003Penicillin binding protein (pbp) gene alterations of 328 clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae were examined for a correlation with their antibiotic-resistance...
- Single dose 1 g ceftriaxone for urogenital and pharyngeal infection caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeaeTetsuro Muratani
Department of Urology, Asian Clinical Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Urol 15:837-42. 2008..gonorrhoeae) including the oral cephem-resistant strain with chimera penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP-2) (cefozopran-resistant N. gonorrhoeae, CZRNG).
- Continuous administration of PBP-2- and PBP-3-specific beta-lactams causes higher cytokine responses in murine Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli sepsisJacqueline Buijs
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:926-33. 2007..High-dose ceftazidime, which inhibits penicillin-binding protein (PBP)-1 in Gram-negative bacteria, causes quick bacteriolysis and low endotoxin release...
- Evaluation of bactericidal activity of cefotaxime and other beta-lactams by a novel methodG Satta
Istituto di Microbiologia dell Università di Siena
Drugs 35:35-40. 1988..first evaluated the kinetics of cellular killing by various beta-lactams as related to penicillin-binding-protein (PBP) binding in Escherichia coli DC2, a hyperpermeable mutant. We concluded that in E...
- The predominance of IgG4 in prodromal bullous pemphigoidPhilina M Lamb
Department of Dermatology, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
Int J Dermatol 47:150-3. 2008Prodromal bullous pemphigoid (PBP) and bullous pemphigoid (BP) demonstrate immunoglobulin G (IgG) and/or C3 deposition at the basement membrane zone (BMZ) on direct immunofluorescence...
- Penicillin-binding protein 1B from Escherichia coli contains a membrane association site in addition to its transmembrane anchorR A Nicholas
University of North Carolina, Department of Pharmacology, Chapel Hill 27599 7365
J Biol Chem 268:5632-41. 1993A working structural model of penicillin-binding protein 1B (PBP 1B) from Escherichia coli derived from previous data consists of a highly charged aminoterminal cytoplasmic tail, a 23-amino-acid hydrophobic transmembrane anchor, and a ..
- Association of a thr-371 substitution in a conserved amino acid motif of penicillin-binding protein 1A with penicillin resistance of Streptococcus pneumoniaeY Asahi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1 Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:2267-73. 1998..We determined the nucleotide sequence between 1,903 and 3,097 bp of pbp1a, which encodes the transpeptidase domain of PBP 1A, from clinical isolates of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae (PRSP) serotypes 19 (n = 8), 6 (n = 9), ..
- First characterization of heterogeneous resistance to imipenem in invasive nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae isolatesMarina Cerquetti
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Roma, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3155-61. 2007..The sequencing of the ftsI gene encoding penicillin-binding protein 3 (PBP 3) and comparison with the sequence of the imipenem-susceptible H...
- Escherichia coli mutants lacking all possible combinations of eight penicillin binding proteins: viability, characteristics, and implications for peptidoglycan synthesisS A Denome
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota 58202 9037, USA
J Bacteriol 181:3981-93. 1999..these proteins make to the physiology of Escherichia coli, we constructed 192 mutants from which eight PBP genes were deleted in every possible combination...
- On the relationships between molecular conformation, affinity towards penicillin-binding proteins, and biological activity of penicillin G-sulfoxideF Beise
Robert Koch Institute, Federal Health Organization, Berlin, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 43:656-64. 1988The binding capacity of penicillin G-sulfoxide towards the penicillin-binding proteins (PBP) of Staphylococcus aureus H was studied...
- Crystal structures of covalent complexes of β-lactam antibiotics with Escherichia coli penicillin-binding protein 5: toward an understanding of antibiotic specificityGeorge Nicola
Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Biochemistry 49:8094-104. 2010..We have determined crystal structures of Escherichia coli PBP 5 as covalent complexes with imipenem, cloxacillin, and cefoxitin...
- Amino acid mutations essential to production of an altered PBP 2X conferring high-level beta-lactam resistance in a clinical isolate of Streptococcus pneumoniaeAnthony M Smith
Respiratory and Meningeal Pathogens Research Unit, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, Medical Research Council, Johannesburg, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:4622-7. 2005Altered penicillin-binding protein 2X (PBP 2X) is a primary beta-lactam antibiotic resistance determinant and is essential to the development of penicillin and cephalosporin resistance in the pneumococcus...
- Investigation of the substrate spectrum of the human mismatch-specific DNA N-glycosylase MED1 (MBD4): fundamental role of the catalytic domainF Petronzelli
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 185:473-80. 2000The human DNA repair protein MED1 (also known as MBD4) was isolated as an interactor of the mismatch repair protein MLH1 in a yeast two-hybrid screening...
- Presence of international multiresistant clones of Streptococcus pneumoniae in ColombiaM C Vela
Grupo de Microbiologia, Instituto Nacional de Salud, Bogota, Colombia
Microb Drug Resist 7:153-64. 2001..serotype 23F isolates were grouped in two clusters: 15 (31%) multiresistant isolates showed PFGE pattern A and PBP I profile, thus making them indistinguishable from Spain23F-1 clone, and 34 (69%) with PFGE pattern C, PBP II ..
- Mutational analysis of the substrate specificity of Escherichia coli penicillin binding protein 4Thomas B Clarke
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Biochemistry 48:2675-83. 2009Escherichia coli PBP4 is the archetypal class C, low molecular mass penicillin binding protein (LMM-PBP) and possesses both dd-carboxypeptidase and dd-endopeptidase activity...
- Endopeptidase penicillin-binding proteins 4 and 7 play auxiliary roles in determining uniform morphology of Escherichia coliBernadette M Meberg
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9037, USA
J Bacteriol 186:8326-36. 2004The low-molecular-weight (LMW) penicillin-binding protein, PBP 5, plays a dominant role in determining the uniform cell shape of Escherichia coli...
- Site-directed mutants of a soluble form of penicillin-binding protein 5 from Escherichia coli and their catalytic propertiesR A Nicholas
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
J Biol Chem 263:2034-40. 1988..protein 5 (sPBP 5) from Escherichia coli were produced in large amounts by placing the dacA gene that encodes PBP 5 under the control of the trp-lac fusion promoter...
- The mechanism of staphylococci resistance to methicillin: a critical analysis of dominant opinionsG Satta
Institute of Microbiology of the University of Siena, Italy
J Chemother 3:144-8. 1991..to methicillin has been reported to be constantly associated with production of a novel penicillin-binding protein (PBP), indicated as PBP2a...
- Mosaic pbpX genes of major clones of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae have evolved from pbpX genes of a penicillin-sensitive Streptococcus oralisC Sibold
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Berlin, Germany
Mol Microbiol 12:1013-23. 1994Penicillin-resistant clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae contain mosaic penicillin-binding protein (PBP) genes that encode PBPs with decreased affinity for beta-lactam antibiotics...
- Restoration of susceptibility of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus to beta-lactam antibiotics by acidic pH: role of penicillin-binding protein PBP 2aSandrine Lemaire
Unité de Pharmacologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 283:12769-76. 2008..The central factor for the MRSA phenotype is the function of the penicillin-binding protein (PBP) 2a, which maintains transpeptidase activity while being poorly inhibited by beta-lactams because of a closed ..
- Discrete roles for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor in recruiting nuclear receptor coactivatorsW Yang
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:8008-17. 2000..A single DRIP subunit, DRIP205 (TRAP220, PBP), binds directly to PPARgamma...
- Mecillinam resistance in Escherichia coli is conferred by loss of a second activity of the AroK proteinD Vinella
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2785, USA
J Bacteriol 178:3818-28. 1996Mecillinam, a beta-lactam antibiotic specific to penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2) in Escherichia coli, blocks cell wall elongation and, indirectly, cell division, but its lethality can be overcome by increased levels of ppGpp, the ..
- Highly variable penicillin resistance determinants PBP 2x, PBP 2b, and PBP 1a in isolates of two Streptococcus pneumoniae clonal groups, Poland 23F-16 and Poland 6B-20Radoslaw Izdebski
National Medicines Institute, Division of Clinical Microbiology and Infection Prevention, Chełmska 30 34, Warsaw 00 725, Poland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1021-7. 2008..pneumoniae clonal groups that are prevalent in Poland, Poland 23F-16 and Poland 6B-20, were investigated by PBP profile analysis, antibody reactivity pattern analysis, and DNA sequence analysis of the transpeptidase (TP) domain-..
- Comparative genome analysis of high-level penicillin resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniaeAmelia G Tait-Kamradt
Antibacterial Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, Connecticut, USA
Microb Drug Resist 15:69-75. 2009..Previous studies have traced the changes in penicillin binding proteins (PBP) that result in decreased penicillin susceptibility, and the role of several PBP genes in high-level resistance...
- Reconstruction of the phenotypes of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus by replacement of the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec with a plasmid-borne copy of Staphylococcus sciuri pbpD geneAude Antignac
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:435-41. 2009..carry a close homologue of mecA in the form of pbpD, the genetic determinant of penicillin binding protein 4 (PBP 4) of S. sciuri...
- Contributions of PBP 5 and DD-carboxypeptidase penicillin binding proteins to maintenance of cell shape in Escherichia coliD E Nelson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Grand Forks, ND 58202 9037, USA
J Bacteriol 183:3055-64. 2001..by investigating the effects of these proteins on the aberrant morphology of DeltadacA mutants, which produce no PBP 5...
- Nasopharyngeal Haemophilus influenzae carriage in Japanese children attending day-care centersKoichi Hashida
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 46:876-81. 2008..and analyzed them by antimicrobial susceptibility testing, PCR for bla(TEM-1) and the penicillin-binding protein (PBP) gene, and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE). The overall carriage rate was 47.4% (172/363), and 37...
- Use of a beta-lactamase fusion vector to investigate the organization of penicillin-binding protein 1B in the cytoplasmic membrane of Escherichia coliA Edelman
Microbial Genetics Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UK
Mol Microbiol 1:101-6. 1987..of TEM beta-lactamase was fused to random positions within the coding region of the penicillin-binding protein 1B (PBP 1B) gene and the nucleotide sequences across the fusion junctions of 100 in-frame fusions were determined...
- Extract of Pelargonium sidoides (EPs 7630) improves phagocytosis, oxidative burst, and intracellular killing of human peripheral blood phagocytes in vitroAndreas Conrad
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Hospital Epidemiology, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Phytomedicine 14:46-51. 2007..objective of this study was to examine the impact of EPs 7630 on the activity of human peripheral blood phagocytes (PBP). A whole blood-based, flow cytometric assay was used to simultaneously assess phagocytosis and oxidative burst...
- Crystal structure of the 47-kDa lipoprotein of Treponema pallidum reveals a novel penicillin-binding proteinRanjit K Deka
Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41857-64. 2002..We previously identified the T. pallidum 47-kDa lipoprotein (Tp47) as a penicillin-binding protein (PBP)...
- Concentration-dependency of beta-lactam-induced filament formation in Gram-negative bacteriaJ Buijs
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Atrium Medical Centre, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:344-9. 2008Ceftazidime and cefotaxime are beta-lactam antibiotics with dose-related affinities for penicillin-binding protein (PBP)-3 and PBP-1. At low concentrations, these antibiotics inhibit PBP-3, leading to filament formation...
- Diversity of penA alterations and subtypes in Neisseria gonorrhoeae strains from Sydney, Australia, that are less susceptible to ceftriaxoneDavid M Whiley
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital and Health Service District, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3111-6. 2007..In this study, we examined the complete penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2) amino acid sequences of 109 gonococci, selected on the basis of their diverse temporal and geographic origins ..
- Induction of the major integral membrane protein of mouse liver peroxisomes by peroxisome proliferatorsN Chen
Division of Science and Technology, Griffith University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biochem J 283:605-10. 1992..PMP68) by a number of these agents, and compared this with their effect on the peroxisomal bifunctional protein (PBP), an enzyme of the beta-oxidation pathway which is located in the peroxisome matrix...
- STAGA recruits Mediator to the MYC oncoprotein to stimulate transcription and cell proliferationXiaohui Liu
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:108-21. 2008..These results suggest a novel STAF65gamma-dependent function of STAGA-type complexes in cell proliferation and transcription activation by MYC postloading of TFIID and RNA polymerase II that involves direct recruitment of core Mediator...
- Activities of ceftobiprole and other cephalosporins against extracellular and intracellular (THP-1 macrophages and keratinocytes) forms of methicillin-susceptible and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusSandrine Lemaire
Unité de Pharmacologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, UCL 73 70 Avenue E Mounier 73, Brussels B 1200, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2289-97. 2009..aureus (MRSA) strains are susceptible to penicillins and carbapenems because the acidic pH favors the acylation of PBP 2a by these beta-lactams through pH-induced conformational changes...
- Enhancement of VDR-mediated transcription by phosphorylation: correlation with increased interaction between the VDR and DRIP205, a subunit of the VDR-interacting protein coactivator complexFrank Barletta
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:301-14. 2002..protein partners, we examined the effect of phosphorylation on the protein-protein interaction between VDR and DRIP205, a subunit of the vitamin D receptor-interacting protein (DRIP) coactivator complex, using glutathione-S-..
- The role of transcriptional coactivator TRAP220 in myelomonocytic differentiationNorinaga Urahama
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Genes Cells 10:1127-37. 2005The TRAP220 subunit of the thyroid hormone receptor-associated polypeptide transcription coactivator complex (TRAP/Mediator complex), mammalian counterpart of the yeast Mediator complex, is proposed to act on a variety of major and ..
- Screening and association testing of common coding variation in steroid hormone receptor co-activator and co-repressor genes in relation to breast cancer risk: the Multiethnic CohortChristopher A Haiman
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
BMC Cancer 9:43. 2009....
- Differential expression of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) and its coactivators steroid receptor coactivator-1 and PPAR-binding protein PBP in the brown fat, urinary bladder, colon, and breast of the mouseS Jain
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Pathol 153:349-54. 1998..Steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1) and PPAR-binding protein (PBP) interact with PPARgamma and act as coactivators to enhance ligand-dependent transcription...
- [Postoperative biliary peritonitis--diagnosis and treatment difficulties]D Cartu
Clinica I Chirurgie, Spitalul Clinc Judeţean de Urgenţă Nr 1, UMF Craiova
Chirurgia (Bucur) 101:169-73. 2006To point out the severity of the postoperative biliary peritonitis (PBP) and to established the most proper ways of diagnosis and treatment.
- Nanopatterning of donor/acceptor hybrid supramolecular architectures on highly oriented pyrolytic graphite: a scanning tunneling microscopy studyLing Wang
Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Beijing National Laboratory for Molecular Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
J Am Chem Soc 130:13433-41. 2008..architectures have been fabricated with acceptor 1,4-bis(4-pyridylethynyl)-2,3-bis-dodecyloxy-benzene (PBP) and donor 2,6-bis(3,4,5-tris-dodecyloxy-phenyl)dithieno[3,2-b:2',3'-d]thiophene (DTT) compounds on highly oriented ..
- Decreased expression of thyroid receptor-associated protein 220 in temporal lobe tissue of patients with refractory epilepsyJin Mei Li
Neurology Department, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 4000162, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:1389-97. 2006b>TRAP220 (thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein) functions as a coactivator for nuclear receptors and stimulates transcription by recruiting the TRAP mediator complex to hormone responsive promoter regions...
- Interaction of the gelsolin-derived antibacterial PBP 10 peptide with lipid bilayers and cell membranesRobert Bucki
Department of Physiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2932-40. 2006b>PBP 10, an antibacterial, cell membrane-permeant rhodamine B-conjugated peptide derived from the polyphosphoinositide binding site of gelsolin, interacts selectively with both lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and lipoteichoic acid (LTA), the ..
- Structural analysis of a periplasmic binding protein in the tripartite ATP-independent transporter family reveals a tetrameric assembly that may have a role in ligand transportMatthew J Cuneo
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University, Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 283:32812-20. 2008Several bacterial solute transport mechanisms involve members of the periplasmic binding protein (PBP) superfamily that bind and deliver ligand to integral membrane transport proteins in the ATP-binding cassette, tripartite ..
- A quantitative model of odor deactivation based on the redox shift of the pheromone-binding protein im moth antennaeK E Kaissling
Max Planck Institut für Verhaltenphysiologie Seewiesen, Starnberg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 855:320-2. 1998..with homogenates of isolated olfactory hairs of Antheraea polyphemus suggest that the pheromone-binding protein (PBP) is involved not only in pheromone solubilization and transport but also in pheromone deactivation...
- Co-opting the cell wall in fighting methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: potent inhibition of PBP 2a by two anti-MRSA beta-lactam antibioticsAdriel Villegas-Estrada
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:9212-3. 2008..available beta-lactam antibiotics is the acquisition of the gene mecA, which encodes penicillin-binding protein 2a (PBP 2a). PBP 2a is a transpeptidase, which in contrast to the other transpeptidases of S...
- Cell wall synthesis enzymes and beta-lactam resistance in Enterococcus faeciumLouis B Rice; Fiscal Year: 2010..faecium is the expression of low affinity class B penicillin-binding protein Pbp5. As a class B Pbp with only transpeptidase activity, Pbp5 must coordinate its activities with that of glycosyltransferases to ..
- Antibiotic Resistance in the Oral StreptococciJeffrey Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2003..pneumoniae quickly led to the hypothesis that these pbp genes evolved by recombination with homologs from other streptococcal species, in particular the oral streptococci...
- B-lactam mediated SOS response and expression of resistance in clinical MRSAAdriana E Rosato; Fiscal Year: 2010..to the acquisition of a gene (mecA) that encodes a ?-lactam insensitive target enzyme, penicillin-binding protein (PBP)2a...
- Peptidoglycan Biogenesis in Escherichia ColiThomas G Bernhardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..beyond the "crutch" of antibiotic probes, we developed a genetic approach to identify factors needed for proper PBP function in vivo using E. coli as a model system. E. coli encodes three bi-functional PBPs: PBP1A, PBP1B, and PBP1C...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2010..basis for antibiotic resistance will be investigated by structural and biochemical studies of a unique variant of PBP 2 from strains of N. gonorrhoeae with intermediate-level resistance to ceftriaxone...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2009..basis for antibiotic resistance will be investigated by structural and biochemical studies of a unique variant of PBP 2 from strains of N. gonorrhoeae with intermediate-level resistance to ceftriaxone...
- Molecular Targets in Peptidoglycan SynthesisChristopher Davies; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli (PBP 5) that serves as a model system for elucidating PBP function, an essential transpeptidase (PBP 2) from N...
- PEPTIDOGLYCAN SYNTHESIS IN BACILLUS SUBTILISDAVID POPHAM; Fiscal Year: 2006..subtilis class A PBP, PBP1, will be assessed...
- Peptidomimetics of D-Ala-D-Ala as Novel AntibacterialsNorma Dunlap; Fiscal Year: 2003..Penicillins are bacterial cell wall synthesis inhibitors and act by inhibition of Penicillin Binding Proteins (PBP's), also know as D-D-peptidases...
- STAPHYLOCOCCAL METHICILLIN RESISTANCE LOCUSGORDON LEE ARCHER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The gene responsible for methicillin resistance (MR), mecA, encodes a new PBP (PBP2a) that can maintain cell wall structure but is resistant to beta-lactam inhibition mecA is carried on a ..
- NEW INHIBITORS FOR THE PENICILLIN BINDING PROTEINSWILLIAM GUTHEIL; Fiscal Year: 2002..In preliminary studies precise and sensitive UV-vis based coupled enzyme assays have been established for PBP activity, for both D-Ala and D-Lac based substrates, and used to partially characterize the activity of E...
- Penicillin-Binding Proteins, Mechanism and InhibitionShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2004..is already synthesized, are proposed as mechanistic probes for the transpeptidase reaction carried out by certain PBP in the last step of cell wall biosynthesis (cross-linking of cell wall)...
- GONOCOCCI: GENETICS OF RESISTANCE TO PMN PROTEINSWilliam Shafer; Fiscal Year: 1993..This enzyme is termed penicillin binding protein 2 (PBP 2) and it gives evidence of being the lethal target of cathepsin G action...
- Regulation/mecA gene expression/clinic S.aureus isolatesAdriana Rosato; Fiscal Year: 2005..by acquiring a gene (mecA) that encodes a beta-lactam insensitive target enzyme, penicillin binding protein (PBP)2a...
- RESISTANCE TO BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTICSShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2010..both beta- lactamases, enzymes that hydrolytically destroy these antibiotics, or a penicillin-binding protein (PBP 2a) that is not readily inhibited by beta-lactam antibiotics. Three specific Aims are proposed...
- RESISTANCE TO BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTICSShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2007..both beta-lactamases, enzymes that hydrolytically destroy these antibiotics, or a penicillin-binding protein (PBP 2a) that is not readily inhibited by beta-lactam antibiotics. Three specific Aims are proposed...
- PENICILLIN RESISTANT NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAE (CMRNG)Robert Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2000..The investigator proposes to clone the gene encoding PBP 1 from penicillin-resistant strains, identify the mutations in PBP1 that lead to the decrease in affinity for ..
- Vitamin D Receptor Coactivators in KeratinocytesDaniel Bikle; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, DRIP205, the protein in the DRIP complex that binds directly to VDR, is abundantly expressed in proliferating ..
- PENICILLIN INTERACTIVE PROTEINS OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUSHenry Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Resistance is mainly due to production a novel low affinity penicillin bind protein, PBP 2a, a well wall synthetic enzyme. PBP 2a seems to substitute for all other PBPs...
- ANALYSIS OF TRYPANOSOME MRNA SYNTHESIS BY GENE TRANSFERVivian Bellofatto; Fiscal Year: 2007..in the field of trypanosome gene expression by identifying and beginning to characterize Leptomonas seymouri PBP-1 and PBP-2...
- Regulation of Genomic and Epigenomic Stability at CpG SitesAlfonso Bellacosa; Fiscal Year: 2010The overall goal of this project is to understand how two related mammalian base excision repair enzymes, MED1 and TDG, maintain genomic and epigenomic stability at CpG sites, by preventing both mutations and altered methylation ..
- MODULATION OF IFN ACTION VIA NOVEL REGULATORY FACTORSDHAN V KALVAKOLANU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies during the last funding period also identified Med1, a major subunit of Mediator, an IFN-induced binding partner of C/EBP- 2...
- Penicillin-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae (CMRNG)Robert Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2005..These include the penA gene encoding altered forms of penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP 2), the mtr loci conferring resistance to hydrophobic agents, and the penB gene, which decreases outer membrane ..
- The MED1 Protein in DNA Damage Response and RepairAlfonso Bellacosa; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified one of these enzymes, human MED1 (also known as MBD4), as an interact or of the mismatch repair (MMR) protein MLH1...
- MED1 MUTATIONS IN COLORECTAL CANCERAlfonso Bellacosa; Fiscal Year: 2002..In a yeast two-hybrid screening with the mismatch repair protein MLH1 as "bait", we cloned MED1, a novel human DNA repair gene...
- Mechanisms of antibiotic action in Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Robert A Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2010..we describe a proteomics approach to identify and characterize proteins that bind to penicillin-binding protein 1 (PBP 1), PBP 2, and the lytic transglycosylase MltA, and thus reveal the form and function of the multi-enzyme complexes ..
- Mechanisms of antibiotic action in Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Robert Nicholas; Fiscal Year: 2007..we describe a proteomics approach to identify and characterize proteins that bind to penicillin-binding protein 1 (PBP 1), PBP 2, and the lytic transglycosylase MltA, and thus reveal the form and function of the multi-enzyme complexes ..