Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MCTP2
Description: multiple C2 and transmembrane domain containing 2
Alias: multiple C2 and transmembrane domain-containing protein 2, multiple C2 domains, transmembrane 2, multiple C2-domains with two transmembrane regions 2 1
- Lalani S, Ware S, Wang X, Zapata G, Tian Q, Franco L, et al. MCTP2 is a dosage-sensitive gene required for cardiac outflow tract development. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:4339-48 pubmed publisher..This interval contains an evolutionary conserved, protein-coding gene, MCTP2 (multiple C2-domains with two transmembrane regions 2)...
- Jiang J, Fridley B, Feng Q, Abo R, Brisbin A, Batzler A, et al. Genome-wide association study for biomarker identification of Rapamycin and Everolimus using a lymphoblastoid cell line system. Front Genet. 2013;4:166 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study identified genes and a microRNA that might contribute to response to mTOR inhibitors. ..
- Lee J, Cho M, Hersh C, McDonald M, Crapo J, Bakke P, et al. Genetic susceptibility for chronic bronchitis in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Res. 2014;15:113 pubmed publisher..3 (RPL31P11 and ATF6). This study provides further evidence that genetic variants may contribute to phenotypic heterogeneity of COPD. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00608764, NCT00292552. ..
- Shin O, Han W, Wang Y, Sudhof T. Evolutionarily conserved multiple C2 domain proteins with two transmembrane regions (MCTPs) and unusual Ca2+ binding properties. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1641-51 pubmed..and Drosophila melanogaster express a single MCTP gene, whereas vertebrates express two MCTP genes (MCTP1 and MCTP2) whose primary transcripts are extensively alternatively spliced...
- Daly A, Donaldson P, Bhatnagar P, Shen Y, Pe er I, Floratos A, et al. HLA-B*5701 genotype is a major determinant of drug-induced liver injury due to flucloxacillin. Nat Genet. 2009;41:816-9 pubmed publisher..1, P = 1.4 x 10(-8)). These findings provide new insights into the mechanism of flucloxacillin DILI and have the potential to substantially improve diagnosis of this serious disease. ..
- Sandholm N, Salem R, McKnight A, Brennan E, Forsblom C, Isakova T, et al. New susceptibility loci associated with kidney disease in type 1 diabetes. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002921 pubmed publisher..2 × 10(-8)) and an intergenic SNP on chromosome 15q26 between the genes RGMA and MCTP2, rs12437854 (P = 2.0 × 10(-9))...
- Dahlström E, Sandholm N. Progress in Defining the Genetic Basis of Diabetic Complications. Curr Diab Rep. 2017;17:80 pubmed publisher..Variants in or near AFF3, RGMA-MCTP2, SP3-CDCA7, GLRA3, CNKSR3, and UMOD have reached genome-wide significance (p value <5 × 10-8) for ..