Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MCP-1
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 2
Alias: GDCF-2, HC11, HSMCR30, MCAF, MCP-1, MCP1, SCYA2, SMC-CF, C-C motif chemokine 2, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, monocyte chemotactic and activating factor, monocyte chemotactic protein 1, monocyte secretory protein JE, small inducible cytokine A2 (monocyte chemotactic protein 1, homologous to mouse Sig-je), small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 2, small-inducible cytokine A2
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Tang C, Tsai C. CCL2 increases MMP-9 expression and cell motility in human chondrosarcoma cells via the Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK/NF-?B signaling pathway. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:335-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that CCL2 enhances the migration of chondrosarcoma cells by increasing MMP-9 expression through the CCR2 receptor, Ras, Raf-1, MEK, ERK, and NF-?B signal transduction pathway...
- Arji N, Busson M, Iraqi G, Bourkadi J, Benjouad A, Boukouaci W, et al. The MCP-1 (CCL2) -2518 GG genotype is associated with protection against pulmonary tuberculosis in Moroccan patients. J Infect Dev Ctries. 2012;6:73-8 pubmed..Our results are in agreement with recent findings in Ghanaian patients, complying with the known genetic admixture of the Moroccan population. ..
- Chiu H, Sun K, Chen S, Wang H, Lee M, Tsou Y, et al. Autocrine CCL2 promotes cell migration and invasion via PKC activation and tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin in bladder cancer cells. Cytokine. 2012;59:423-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that this CCL2/CCR2 pathway is a potential candidate for the attenuation of bladder cancer metastases. ..
- Roberts T, Eugenin E, Lopez L, Romero I, Weksler B, Couraud P, et al. CCL2 disrupts the adherens junction: implications for neuroinflammation. Lab Invest. 2012;92:1213-33 pubmed publisher..Our novel findings provide a mechanism for CCL2-mediated disruption of endothelial junctions that may contribute to BBB dysfunction and increased leukocyte recruitment in neuroinflammatory diseases. ..
- Singh R, Usha -, Rathore S, Behura S, Singh N. Urinary MCP-1 as diagnostic and prognostic marker in patients with lupus nephritis flare. Lupus. 2012;21:1214-8 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to assess correlation of urinary monocytic chemoattractant protein-1 (UMCP-1) with severity of lupus nephritis and its role as predictor of outcome...
- Rosa R, Takei K, Araújo N, Loduca S, Szajubok J, Chahade W. Monocyte chemoattractant-1 as a urinary biomarker for the diagnosis of activity of lupus nephritis in Brazilian patients. J Rheumatol. 2012;39:1948-54 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to assess urinary MCP-1 (uMCP-1) as a biomarker of renal activity in patients with SLE and to compare it to other disease activity markers, using the ELISA...
- Shen H, Deng Y, Wang Q, Li Q, Xu Z. [Expression of MCP-1 in the patients of chronic hepatitis B complicated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012;28:975-8 pubmed..01). MCP-1 expression level in the liver is higher in CHB with NAFLD patients than that in CHB without NAFLD patients. ..
- Titan S, Vieira J, Dominguez W, Moreira S, Pereira A, Barros R, et al. Urinary MCP-1 and RBP: independent predictors of renal outcome in macroalbuminuric diabetic nephropathy. J Diabetes Complications. 2012;26:546-53 pubmed publisher..Whether these biomarkers have a role in the setting of normoalbuminuria and microalbuminuria in DN should be further investigated. ..
- Wu H, Lee T, Tee Y, Chen S, Yang S, Lee S, et al. Relationships of single nucleotide polymorphisms of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 and chemokine receptor 2 with susceptibility and clinicopathologic characteristics of neoplasia of uterine cervix in Taiwan women. Reprod Sci. 2013;20:1175-83 pubmed publisherFew studies reported the implication of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) and its receptor chemokine receptor 2 (CCR-2) in clinical significance of cancer of uterine cervix...
- Liu G, Zhang X, Li S, Koiiche R, Sindsceii J, Song H. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and CC chemokine receptor 2 polymorphisms and prognosis of renal cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2013;34:2741-6 pubmed publisher..001). These data suggested that MCP-1 -2518A/G and CCR2 190G/A polymorphisms are new risk factors for RCC and could be used as prognostic markers for this malignancy. ..
- El Gezawy E, Eldin E, Mohamed W, Mahmoud M, Saied S, Abd El Latif H, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alfa and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene polymorphisms in kidney transplant recipients. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013;24:688-95 pubmed
- Mostowska M, Lianeri M, Oko A, Mostowska A, Jagodziński P. No association of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 -2518 A/G polymorphism with the risk of primary glomerulonephritis in the Polish population. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:5933-41 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that the MCP-1 -2518 A > G and C1GalT1 1365 A > G polymorphisms might not be a risk factor in the incidence of primary GN in the Polish population. ..
- Westin K, Buchhave P, Nielsen H, Minthon L, Janciauskiene S, Hansson O. CCL2 is associated with a faster rate of cognitive decline during early stages of Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30525 pubmed publisher..Moreover, CCR2-related signaling pathways might be new therapeutic targets for therapies aiming at slowing down the disease progression rate of AD. ..
- Mishra G, Poojary S, Raj P, Tiwari P. Genetic polymorphisms of CCL2, CCL5, CCR2 and CCR5 genes in Sahariya tribe of North Central India: an association study with pulmonary tuberculosis. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:1120-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings support the association of -403G/A and V64I polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility and resistance to TB, respectively , alone or in combination with other polymorphisms in Sahariya tribe. ..
- Singh V, Srivastava P, Srivastava N, Kapoor R, Mittal R. Association of inflammatory chemokine gene CCL2I/D with bladder cancer risk in North Indian population. Mol Biol Rep. 2012;39:9827-34 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested CCL2I/D polymorphism to be associated with higher BC risk and no contribution of CCR2V64I and CCL2A2518G genes. However, study with large sample size and diverse ethnicity is required to validate our observations. ..
- Ansari A, Meyer Olson D, Schmidt R. Selective expansion of pro-inflammatory chemokine CCL2-loaded CD14+CD16+ monocytes subset in HIV-infected therapy naïve individuals. J Clin Immunol. 2013;33:302-6 pubmed publisher..This study identifies pro-inflammatory CCL2 producing CD14(+)CD16(+) monocyte subset that expands selectively in HIV-1 infection and could potentially participate in causing immuno-pathology. ..
- Murea M, Register T, Divers J, Bowden D, Carr J, Hightower C, et al. Relationships between serum MCP-1 and subclinical kidney disease: African American-Diabetes Heart Study. BMC Nephrol. 2012;13:148 pubmed publisher..Relationships between serum MCP-1 concentration and early nephropathy and subclinical cardiovascular disease (CVD) were assessed in African Americans (AAs) with type 2 diabetes (T2D)...
- Lau E, Paavola C, Johnson Z, Gaudry J, Geretti E, Borlat F, et al. Identification of the glycosaminoglycan binding site of the CC chemokine, MCP-1: implications for structure and function in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22294-305 pubmed..The structure also suggests several possible functional roles for GAG-induced oligomerization beyond retention of chemokines at the site of production. ..
- Marini E, Tiberio L, Caracciolo S, Tosti G, Guzman C, Schiaffonati L, et al. HIV-1 matrix protein p17 binds to monocytes and selectively stimulates MCP-1 secretion: role of transcriptional factor AP-1. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:655-66 pubmed..Overall our results suggest that p17 may play a critical role in the monocyte-mediated inflammatory processes, which are suspected to be major precipitating events in AIDS-defining diseases. ..
- Rollins B, Stier P, Ernst T, Wong G. The human homolog of the JE gene encodes a monocyte secretory protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:4687-95 pubmed..Thus, human JE encodes yet another member of the large family of JE-related cytokinelike proteins, in this case a novel human monocyte and fibroblast secretory protein. ..
- Cynis H, Hoffmann T, Friedrich D, Kehlen A, Gans K, Kleinschmidt M, et al. The isoenzyme of glutaminyl cyclase is an important regulator of monocyte infiltration under inflammatory conditions. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:545-58 pubmed publisher..Among those, the N-terminus of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (CCL2 and MCP-1) is modified to a pyroglutamate (pE-) residue protecting against degradation in vivo...
- González Escribano M, Torres B, Aguilar F, Rodriguez R, Garcia A, Valenzuela A, et al. MCP-1 promoter polymorphism in Spanish patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Hum Immunol. 2003;64:741-4 pubmed..4, 95% confidence interval [95%CI]=1.03-21.48; and 4% in SE- controls, pFisher=0.02, OR=4.13, 95%CI=1.10-15.72). In conclusion, MCP-1 polymorphism is slightly associated with the susceptibility to RA in patients lacking the HLA SE. ..
- Simeoni E, Winkelmann B, Hoffmann M, Fleury S, Ruiz J, Kappenberger L, et al. Association of RANTES G-403A gene polymorphism with increased risk of coronary arteriosclerosis. Eur Heart J. 2004;25:1438-46 pubmed..The association was enhanced in smokers and ACS, conditions where platelet activation and inflammation predominate. RANTES A-403 may increase genetic susceptibility to CAD. ..
- Mehrabian M, Sparkes R, Mohandas T, Fogelman A, Lusis A. Localization of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 gene (SCYA2) to human chromosome 17q11.2-q21.1. Genomics. 1991;9:200-3 pubmed..By analysis of a panel of somatic cell hybrids, we have localized the MCP-1 gene, designated SCYA2, to human chromosome 17. In situ hybridization confirmed this assignment and further localized the gene to 17q11...
- Nyquist P, Winkler C, McKenzie L, Yanek L, Becker L, Becker D. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and its receptor act synergistically to increase the risk of carotid atherosclerosis. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;28:124-30 pubmed publisherb>Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1), acting in concert with its receptor chemokine receptor 2 (CCR2), promotes recruitment of macrophages into atherosclerotic plaque...
- Alagarasu K, Selvaraj P, Swaminathan S, Raghavan S, Narendran G, Narayanan P. CCR2, MCP-1, SDF-1a & DC-SIGN gene polymorphisms in HIV-1 infected patients with & without tuberculosis. Indian J Med Res. 2009;130:444-50 pubmed..A better understanding of genetic factors that are associated with TB could help target preventive strategies to those HIV patients likely to develop tuberculosis. ..
- Zineh I, Beitelshees A, Silverstein J, Haller M. Serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 concentrations associate with diabetes status but not arterial stiffness in children with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:465-7 pubmed publisher..The clinical significance of MCP-1 elevation in type 1 diabetes needs further investigation. ..
- Kaur S, Panicker S, James T, Sarma P, Thankappan K, Kartha C. Association of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 -2518 polymorphism with metabolic syndrome in a South Indian cohort. Metab Syndr Relat Disord. 2009;7:193-8 pubmed publisher..78, P = 0.05). The MCP-1 -2518G allele may be contributing to atherosclerosis and CAD by conferring an increased risk to metabolic syndrome and/or obesity. ..
- Conant K, Garzino Demo A, Nath A, McArthur J, Halliday W, Power C, et al. Induction of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in HIV-1 Tat-stimulated astrocytes and elevation in AIDS dementia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:3117-21 pubmed..Together, these data provide a potential link between the presence of HIV-1 in the brain and the monocytic infiltration that may substantially contribute to dementia. ..
- Cavestro G, Zuppardo R, Bertolini S, Sereni G, Frulloni L, Okolicsanyi S, et al. Connections between genetics and clinical data: Role of MCP-1, CFTR, and SPINK-1 in the setting of acute, acute recurrent, and chronic pancreatitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:199-206 pubmed publisher..conductance regulator (CFTR) and serine protease inhibitor Kazal type 1 (SPINK-1) gene mutations and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) -2518A/G polymorphism with acute pancreatitis (AP), acute recurrent pancreatitis (ARP), and ..
- Bruno R, Galastri S, Sacchi P, Cima S, Caligiuri A, DeFranco R, et al. gp120 modulates the biology of human hepatic stellate cells: a link between HIV infection and liver fibrogenesis. Gut. 2010;59:513-20 pubmed publisher..These results identify a direct pathway possibly linking HIV infection with liver fibrogenesis via envelope proteins. ..
- Kozma G, Falus A, Bojszkó A, Krikovszky D, Szabo T, Nagy A, et al. Lack of association between atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome and polymorphisms in the promoter region of RANTES and regulatory region of MCP-1. Allergy. 2002;57:160-3 pubmed..In this cohort of Hungarian children there was no association between - 28G, and - 403A alleles in the RANTES promoter, - 2518G polymorphism in the distal regulatory region of the MCP-1 and AEDS, or allergy. ..
- Hubal M, Devaney J, Hoffman E, Zambraski E, Gordish Dressman H, Kearns A, et al. CCL2 and CCR2 polymorphisms are associated with markers of exercise-induced skeletal muscle damage. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:1651-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, we found that SNPs in CCL2 and CCR2 are associated with exercise-induced muscle damage and that the presence of certain variants may result in an exaggerated damage response to strenuous exercise. ..
- Ramasawmy R, Cunha Neto E, Fae K, Martello F, Müller N, Cavalcanti V, et al. The monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene polymorphism is associated with cardiomyopathy in human chagas disease. Clin Infect Dis. 2006;43:305-11 pubmed..cruzi infection, and subjects with the CCL2 -2518AA genotype have a 4-fold greater risk of developing CCC than do those without this genotype. ..
- van Golen K, Ying C, Sequeira L, Dubyk C, Reisenberger T, Chinnaiyan A, et al. CCL2 induces prostate cancer transendothelial cell migration via activation of the small GTPase Rac. J Cell Biochem. 2008;104:1587-97 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for HBME-secreted CCL2 in promoting PCa cell extravasation into the bone microenvironment. ..
- Palmieri O, Latiano A, Salvatori E, Valvano M, Bossa F, Latiano T, et al. The -A2518G polymorphism of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is associated with Crohn's disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:1586-94 pubmed publisher..02). The -A2518G polymorphism seems to be associated with CD but does not influence MCP-1 plasma levels, which in contrast are increased in UC and CD with extensive colonic involvement. ..
- Giunti S, Pinach S, Arnaldi L, Viberti G, Perin P, Camussi G, et al. The MCP-1/CCR2 system has direct proinflammatory effects in human mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2006;69:856-63 pubmed..In conclusion, stretch and MCP-1 independently induce ICAM-1 expression in HMCs. Stretch-induced CCR2 downregulation may favour MCP-1 paracrine activity. ..
- Brenner D, Labreuche J, Touboul P, Schmidt Petersen K, Poirier O, Perret C, et al. Cytokine polymorphisms associated with carotid intima-media thickness in stroke patients. Stroke. 2006;37:1691-6 pubmed..088 mm for the GG genotype; P=0.002). The OPN and MCP-1 genes, coding for 2 cytokines with known roles in atherosclerosis, may contribute to increased carotid IMT and warrant further study. ..
- Lundien M, Mohammed K, Nasreen N, Tepper R, Hardwick J, Sanders K, et al. Induction of MCP-1 expression in airway epithelial cells: role of CCR2 receptor in airway epithelial injury. J Clin Immunol. 2002;22:144-52 pubmed..MCP-1-specific antibodies were shown to neutralize the MCP-1-mediated BEC proliferation. This cascade of events following injury to the bronchial epithelium may provide insight into the mechanism of the repair process. ..
- Sokolova A, Hill M, Rahimi F, Warden L, Halliday G, Shepherd C. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 plays a dominant role in the chronic inflammation observed in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Pathol. 2009;19:392-8 pubmed publisher..Our data support previous work on significant increases in IL-6 and IL-8 in AD but indicate that MCP-1 may play a more dominant role in chronic inflammation in AD. ..
- Mirzadegan T, Diehl F, Ebi B, Bhakta S, Polsky I, McCarley D, et al. Identification of the binding site for a novel class of CCR2b chemokine receptor antagonists: binding to a common chemokine receptor motif within the helical bundle. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:25562-71 pubmed..The model of the binding site may suggest ways to make new small molecule chemokine receptor antagonists, and it may rationalize the design of more potent and selective antagonists. ..
- Walch L, Massade L, Dufilho M, Brunet A, Rendu F. Pro-atherogenic effect of interleukin-4 in endothelial cells: modulation of oxidative stress, nitric oxide and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression. Atherosclerosis. 2006;187:285-91 pubmed..These results are in favor of a pro-inflammatory and pro-atherogenic effect of IL-4 in vascular tissues. ..
- Lima G, Soto Vega E, Atisha Fregoso Y, Sanchez Guerrero J, Vallejo M, Vargas Alarcon G, et al. MCP-1, RANTES, and SDF-1 polymorphisms in Mexican patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:980-5 pubmed publisher..The polymorphisms could be related to specific clinical and laboratory characteristics in these patients. ..
- Ansari A, Schmidt R, Heiken H. Prednisolone mediated suppression of HIV-1 viral load strongly correlates with C-C chemokine CCL2: In vivo and in vitro findings. Clin Immunol. 2007;125:1-4 pubmed..These findings indicate that prednisolone suppresses both HIV-1 viral load and CCL2 mRNA expression, an association which might be exploited for future anti-inflammatory therapeutic strategies in HIV-1 infection. ..
- Sakai N, Wada T, Furuichi K, Shimizu K, Kokubo S, Hara A, et al. MCP-1/CCR2-dependent loop for fibrogenesis in human peripheral CD14-positive monocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:555-63 pubmed..These data suggest that fibrogenic processes in Mo regulated by MCP-1/CCR2 may be novel, therapeutic targets for combating organ fibrosis. ..
- Antonelli A, Ferri C, Fallahi P, Ferrari S, Frascerra S, Carpi A, et al. Alpha-chemokine CXCL10 and beta-chemokine CCL2 serum levels in patients with hepatitis C-associated cryoglobulinemia in the presence or absence of autoimmune thyroiditis. Metabolism. 2008;57:1270-7 pubmed publisher..Future studies in larger series will be needed to evaluate the potential usefulness of serum CXCL10 and CCL2 determination as a prognostic marker in the follow-up of MC patients, also in relation to the presence of AT. ..
- Vilades C, Broch M, Plana M, Domingo P, Alonso Villaverde C, Pedrol E, et al. Effect of genetic variants of CCR2 and CCL2 on the natural history of HIV-1 infection: CCL2-2518GG is overrepresented in a cohort of Spanish HIV-1-infected subjects. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2007;44:132-8 pubmed..Genotype and allele distribution of CCL2 was similar in HIV-1-infected UPs and LTNPs. In our cohort of white Spaniards, homozygosity for the variant CCL2-2518GG genotype is overrepresented in HIV-1-infected subjects. ..
- Giunti S, Tesch G, Pinach S, Burt D, Cooper M, Cavallo Perin P, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 has prosclerotic effects both in a mouse model of experimental diabetes and in vitro in human mesangial cells. Diabetologia. 2008;51:198-207 pubmed..Our in vitro and in vivo findings indicate a role for the MCP-1/CCR2 system in fibronectin deposition in the diabetic glomerulus, providing a new therapeutic target for diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Ogimoto A, Okayama H, Nagai T, Ohtsuka T, Suzuki J, Inoue K, et al. Association of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 gene polymorphism with susceptibility to nonfamilial idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. J Cardiol. 2009;54:66-70 pubmed publisher..b>Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) contributes to enhanced leukocyte recruitment and activation resulting in chronic damage of ..
- Kim M, Day C, Selinger C, Magno C, Stephens S, Morrison N. MCP-1-induced human osteoclast-like cells are tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase, NFATc1, and calcitonin receptor-positive but require receptor activator of NFkappaB ligand for bone resorption. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1274-85 pubmed..We propose that the MCP-1-induced TRAP(+)/CTR(+) multinuclear cells represent an arrested stage in osteoclast differentiation, after NFATc1 induction and cellular fusion but prior to the development of bone resorption activity. ..
- Buijtels P, van de Sande W, Parkinson S, Petit P, van der Sande M, van Soolingen D, et al. Polymorphism in CC-chemokine ligand 2 associated with tuberculosis in Zambia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2008;12:1485-8 pubmed..The odds of having TB was 2.8-fold higher in carriers of the -2518 AG single-nucleotide polymorphism in the promoter region of the CC-chemokine ligand 2 than in those carrying the homozygous genotype AA (95%CI 1.3-5.5). ..
- Jemaa R, Ben Ali S, Kallel A, Omar S, Feki M, Elasmi M, et al. Association between the -2518G/A polymorphism in the monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) gene and hypertension in Tunisian patients. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:34-7 pubmed publisher..The present study showed a significant and independent association between the -2518G/A polymorphism of the MCP-1 gene (presence of G allele) and hypertension in the Tunisian population. ..
- Chen Y, Vaughan R, Kondeatis E, Fortune F, Graham E, Stanford M, et al. Chemokine gene polymorphisms associate with gender in patients with uveitis. Tissue Antigens. 2004;63:41-5 pubmed..Differences in disease symptoms and severity between males and females have been described in BD and gender-specific genetic differences in chemokine gene function may be involved...
- Uchida E, Anan F, Masaki T, Kaneda K, Nawata T, Eshima N, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is associated with silent cerebral infarction in patients on haemodialysis. Intern Med J. 2012;42:29-34 pubmed publisher..10-5.75, P < 0.0001). This study indicates that patients with chronic renal failure who are maintained on HD exhibit an increased prevalence of SCI, and that MCP-1 is significantly associated with the presence of SCI in HD patients. ..
- Morii T, Fujita H, Narita T, Shimotomai T, Fujishima H, Yoshioka N, et al. Association of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 with renal tubular damage in diabetic nephropathy. J Diabetes Complications. 2003;17:11-5 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that heavy proteinuria itself may accelerate the progression of diabetic nephropathy by increasing the MCP-1 expression in renal tubuli. ..
- Conductier G, Blondeau N, Guyon A, Nahon J, Rovere C. The role of monocyte chemoattractant protein MCP1/CCL2 in neuroinflammatory diseases. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;224:93-100 pubmed..This review will focus on the current knowledge about one of the MCPs, CCL2, and its cognate receptor, CCR2, both expressed in physiological conditions and during neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Mengozzi M, De Filippi C, Transidico P, Biswas P, Cota M, Ghezzi S, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus replication induces monocyte chemotactic protein-1 in human macrophages and U937 promonocytic cells. Blood. 1999;93:1851-7 pubmed..HIV replication-dependent expression of MCP-1 in MP may be of particular relevance for the pathogenesis of HIV infection in nonlymphoid organs such as the brain. ..
- Ueda A, Okuda K, Ohno S, Shirai A, Igarashi T, Matsunaga K, et al. NF-kappa B and Sp1 regulate transcription of the human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene. J Immunol. 1994;153:2052-63 pubmed
- Mazur G, Wrobel T, Butrym A, Kapelko Słowik K, Poreba R, Kuliczkowski K. Increased monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1/CCL-2) serum level in acute myeloid leukemia. Neoplasma. 2007;54:285-9 pubmed..b>Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1/CCL2) is the chemokine which could be involved in this process...
- Gu H, Ni M, Guo X, Feng P, Xu Y, Gu X, et al. The functional polymorphism in monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene increases susceptibility to gastric cancer. Med Oncol. 2011;28 Suppl 1:S280-5 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the genetic polymorphism CCL2 A-2518G may not only be associated with an increased risk of gastric cancer, but also with advanced stage of gastric cancer in the Chinese population. ..
- McQuibban G, Gong J, Wong J, Wallace J, Clark Lewis I, Overall C. Matrix metalloproteinase processing of monocyte chemoattractant proteins generates CC chemokine receptor antagonists with anti-inflammatory properties in vivo. Blood. 2002;100:1160-7 pubmed..We propose that MMPs have an important role in modulating inflammatory and immune responses by processing chemokines in wound healing and in disease. ..
- Kruszyna L, Lianeri M, Rubis B, Knuła H, Rybczynska M, Grodecka Gazdecka S, et al. CCL2 -2518 A/G single nucleotide polymorphism as a risk factor for breast cancer. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1263-7 pubmed publisher..Our results did not show association of the CCL2 -2518 A>G polymorphism with breast cancer occurrence and clinical characteristics in a sample of the Polish cohort. ..
- Viedt C, Vogel J, Athanasiou T, Shen W, Orth S, Kubler W, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 induces proliferation and interleukin-6 production in human smooth muscle cells by differential activation of nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:914-20 pubmed..The results clearly demonstrate that MCP-1 induces differential activation of NF-kappaB and AP-1 in VSMCs. Thus, our data propose a new mechanism for the proatherogenic effect of MCP-1. ..
- Hemmerich S, Paavola C, Bloom A, Bhakta S, Freedman R, Grunberger D, et al. Identification of residues in the monocyte chemotactic protein-1 that contact the MCP-1 receptor, CCR2. Biochemistry. 1999;38:13013-25 pubmed..This in turn orients the signaling residues (Y13 and the N-terminus) for productive interaction with the receptor. ..
- Chen X, Zhang Q, Zhao R, Medford R. Superoxide, H2O2, and iron are required for TNF-alpha-induced MCP-1 gene expression in endothelial cells: role of Rac1 and NADPH oxidase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;286:H1001-7 pubmed..These data suggest that ROS such as superoxide and H(2)O(2) derived from Rac1-activated NADPH oxidase mediate TNF-alpha-induced MCP-1 expression in endothelial cells. ..
- Sell H, Eckel J. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 and its role in insulin resistance. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2007;18:258-62 pubmed..Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 is thus a therapeutic target, and may represent an important factor linking adipose tissue inflammation, obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Tamouza R, Labie D. [A promotor polymorphism in monocyte chemoattractant is associated with increased susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis]. Med Sci (Paris). 2006;22:571-2 pubmed
- Lee Y, Woo J, Choi S, Ji J, Song G. Functional monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 promoter -2518 polymorphism and systemic lupus erythematosus: a meta-analysis. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:3421-6 pubmed publisher..Meta-analysis also failed to reveal an association between the MCP-1 -2518 A/G polymorphisms and LN. This meta-analysis on 3419 subjects indicates that no association exists between the MCP-1 -2518 A/G polymorphism and SLE or LN. ..
- Qian B, Li J, Zhang H, Kitamura T, Zhang J, Campion L, et al. CCL2 recruits inflammatory monocytes to facilitate breast-tumour metastasis. Nature. 2011;475:222-5 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the mechanistic link between these two clinical associations and indicate new therapeutic targets for treating metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Simeoni E, Hoffmann M, Winkelmann B, Ruiz J, Fleury S, Boehm B, et al. Association between the A-2518G polymorphism in the monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene and insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2004;47:1574-80 pubmed..These results add to recent evidence supporting a role for MCP-1 in pathologies associated with hyperinsulinaemia. ..
- Alonso Villaverde C, Coll B, Parra S, Montero M, Calvo N, Tous M, et al. Atherosclerosis in patients infected with HIV is influenced by a mutant monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 allele. Circulation. 2004;110:2204-9 pubmed..06 mm/y more rapidly in patients bearing the MCP-1-mutated allele (P=0.08). HIV-infected patients with the MCP-1-2518G allele have a 5-fold increased risk for atherosclerosis, as assessed by ultrasonography. ..
- Futagami S, Hiratsuka T, Shindo T, Hamamoto T, Tatsuguchi A, Nobue U, et al. COX-2 and CCR2 induced by CD40 ligand and MCP-1 are linked to VEGF production in endothelial cells. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2008;78:137-46 pubmed..Thus, MCP-1 had a synergistic effect on COX-2 and CCR2 protein expression in CD40L-stimulated HUVECs and thereby stimulated VEGF production in these cells. ..
- Muhlbauer M, Bosserhoff A, Hartmann A, Thasler W, Weiss T, Herfarth H, et al. A novel MCP-1 gene polymorphism is associated with hepatic MCP-1 expression and severity of HCV-related liver disease. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:1085-93 pubmed..Inheritance of the -2518 MCP-1 G allele, which appears to affect hepatic MCP-1 expression, may predispose HCV patients to more severe hepatic inflammation and fibrosis. ..
- Ganachari M, Ruiz Morales J, Gomez de la Torre Pretell J, Dinh J, Granados J, Flores Villanueva P. Joint effect of MCP-1 genotype GG and MMP-1 genotype 2G/2G increases the likelihood of developing pulmonary tuberculosis in BCG-vaccinated individuals. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8881 pubmed publisher..MMP-1 may destabilize granuloma formation and promote tissue damage and disease progression early in the infection. Our findings may foster the development of new and personalized therapeutic approaches targeting MCP-1 and/or MMP-1. ..
- Yao T, Wu K, Chung H, Shaw C, Kuo M, Wu C, et al. MCP-1 gene regulatory region polymorphism in Chinese children with mild, moderate and near-fatal asthma. Allergy. 2004;59:436-41 pubmedA polymorphism in the monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) gene regulatory region has been associated with asthma in Caucasians...
- Möller M, Nebel A, Valentonyte R, van Helden P, Schreiber S, Hoal E. Investigation of chromosome 17 candidate genes in susceptibility to TB in a South African population. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2009;89:189-94 pubmed publisher..This study presents evidence that haplotypes in the NOS2A promoter influence susceptibility to TB and confirms the importance of NO production in the disease. ..
- Hayashidani S, Tsutsui H, Shiomi T, Ikeuchi M, Matsusaka H, Suematsu N, et al. Anti-monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene therapy attenuates left ventricular remodeling and failure after experimental myocardial infarction. Circulation. 2003;108:2134-40 pubmed..The activation of MCP-1 expression contributes to the LV remodeling and failure after MI. An anti-MCP-1 gene therapy can be a useful novel strategy for preventing post-MI heart failure. ..
- Esplin M, Romero R, Chaiworapongsa T, Kim Y, Edwin S, Gomez R, et al. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 is increased in the amniotic fluid of women who deliver preterm in the presence or absence of intra-amniotic infection. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005;17:365-73 pubmed..These findings suggest that MCP-1 may play a role in preterm labor regardless of the presence of IAI. ..
- Yoshimura T, Yuhki N, Moore S, Appella E, Lerman M, Leonard E. Human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1). Full-length cDNA cloning, expression in mitogen-stimulated blood mononuclear leukocytes, and sequence similarity to mouse competence gene JE. FEBS Lett. 1989;244:487-93 pubmed..Among proteins with similar sequences, the coding regions of MCP-1 and mouse JE show 68% identity. This suggest that MCP-1 is the human homologue of the mouse competence gene JE. ..
- Omata N, Yasutomi M, Yamada A, Iwasaki H, Mayumi M, Ohshima Y. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 selectively inhibits the acquisition of CD40 ligand-dependent IL-12-producing capacity of monocyte-derived dendritic cells and modulates Th1 immune response. J Immunol. 2002;169:4861-6 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicated that MCP-1 modulates the differentiation of monocytes into DCs and may thereby inhibit Th1 cell development. ..
- Yang B, Houlberg K, Millward A, Demaine A. Polymorphisms of chemokine and chemokine receptor genes in Type 1 diabetes mellitus and its complications. Cytokine. 2004;26:114-21 pubmed..6% vs. 28.8%, p < 0.02, Pc = ns). These results suggest that polymorphisms of the MCP-1, CCR2 and CCR5 genes may be associated with T1DM and its complications. ..
- Fantuzzi L, Canini I, Belardelli F, Gessani S. HIV-1 gp120 stimulates the production of beta-chemokines in human peripheral blood monocytes through a CD4-independent mechanism. J Immunol. 2001;166:5381-7 pubmed..The expression of these related polypeptides may represent an important cellular response for regulating both the extent of viral infection and the recruitment of immune cells. ..
- Chiarelli F, Cipollone F, Mohn A, Marini M, Iezzi A, Fazia M, et al. Circulating monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and early development of nephropathy in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2002;25:1829-34 pubmed
- Carulli M, Spagnolo P, Fonseca C, Welsh K, Dubois R, Black C, et al. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in CCL2 gene are not associated with susceptibility to systemic sclerosis. J Rheumatol. 2008;35:839-44 pubmed..Genetic polymorphisms within CCL2 gene are associated with susceptibility neither to SSc nor to specific disease phenotypes. ..