Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MBOAT2
Description: membrane bound O-acyltransferase domain containing 2
Alias: LPAAT, LPCAT4, LPEAT, LPLAT 2, OACT2, lysophospholipid acyltransferase 2, 1-acylglycerophosphate O-acyltransferase, 1-acylglycerophosphoethanolamine O-acyltransferase, O-acyltransferase (membrane bound) domain containing 2, lyso-PA acyltransferase, lyso-PE acyltransferase, lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase, lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase, membrane-bound O-acyltransferase domain-containing protein 2
- Wei Y, Bergenholm D, Gossing M, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Expression of cocoa genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae improves cocoa butter production. Microb Cell Fact. 2018;17:11 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae, showing that metabolic engineering of yeast for cocoa butter production can be realized by manipulating the key enzymes GPAT, LPAT and DGAT in the TAG biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Jasieniecka Gazarkiewicz K, Demski K, Lager I, Stymne S, BanaÅ› A. Possible Role of Different Yeast and Plant Lysophospholipid:Acyl-CoA Acyltransferases (LPLATs) in Acyl Remodelling of Phospholipids. Lipids. 2016;51:15-23 pubmed publisher..We have investigated the abilities of Arabidopsis AtLPCAT2, Arabidopsis lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase (LPEAT2), S. cerevisiae lysophospholipid acyltransferase (Ale1) and S...
- Wei Y, Gossing M, Bergenholm D, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Increasing cocoa butter-like lipid production of Saccharomyces cerevisiae by expression of selected cocoa genes. AMB Express. 2017;7:34 pubmed publisher..25-fold increased TAG content and 6.7-fold higher level of CBL compared with the control strain. In summary, CBL production by S. cerevisiae were increased through expressing selected cocoa genes potentially involved in CB biosynthesis. ..
- Renauer P, Nasiri N, Oelkers P. Saccharomyces cerevisiae lysophospholipid acyltransferase, Lpt1, requires Asp146 and Glu297 for catalysis. J Lipid Res. 2015;56:2143-50 pubmed publisher..This sequential mechanism provides a precedent for other members of the membrane bound O-acyltransferase family. Also, Lpt1p optimally orients acyl-CoA substrates with 7.5 Ã… between a double bond and the thioester bond. ..
- Chen Y, Meyer J, Wambach J, Depass K, Wegner D, Fan X, et al. Gene variants of the phosphatidylcholine synthesis pathway do not contribute to RDS in the Chinese population. World J Pediatr. 2018;14:52-56 pubmed publisher..As a population-based study of rare mutations and common variants, this work is valuable in directing future research. ..
- Tamaki H, Shimada A, Ito Y, Ohya M, Takase J, Miyashita M, et al. LPT1 encodes a membrane-bound O-acyltransferase involved in the acylation of lysophospholipids in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34288-98 pubmed..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, SLC1 has been identified as the gene encoding lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase, which catalyzes PA synthesis...
- Tabe S, Hikiji H, Ariyoshi W, Hashidate Yoshida T, Shindou H, Shimizu T, et al. Lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 4 is involved in chondrogenic differentiation of ATDC5 cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:16701 pubmed publisher..Lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 4 (LPCAT4) mRNA expression and LPCAT enzymatic activity towards 18:1-, 18:2-, 20:4-, and 22:6-CoA increased in the late ..
- Soupene E, Kuypers F. Phosphatidylserine decarboxylase CT699, lysophospholipid acyltransferase CT775, and acyl-ACP synthase CT776 provide membrane lipid diversity to Chlamydia trachomatis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15767 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that the pathogen has the ability to extend the lipid diversity of its membrane. ..
- Moncada R, Blackshear K, Garrett T. The Arabidopsis thaliana lysophospholipid acyltransferase At1g78690p acylates lysocardiolipins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:340-345 pubmed publisher..No transfer of the linoleoyl chains was detected in an At1g78690 dependent manner suggesting that, despite the strong homology, these enzymes catalyze unique reactions. ..
- Sorgi C, Zarini S, Martin S, Sanchez R, Scandiuzzi R, Gijón M, et al. Dormant 5-lipoxygenase in inflammatory macrophages is triggered by exogenous arachidonic acid. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10981 pubmed publisher..Understanding the relationship between the eicosanoids pathway and macrophage biology may offer novel strategies for macrophage-associated disease therapy. ..