Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MBOAT1
Description: membrane bound O-acyltransferase domain containing 1
Alias: LPEAT1, LPLAT, LPLAT 1, LPSAT, OACT1, dJ434O11.1, lysophospholipid acyltransferase 1, 1-acylglycerophosphoserine O-acyltransferase, O-acyltransferase (membrane bound) domain containing 1, O-acyltransferase domain-containing protein 1, lyso-PS acyltransferase, lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase 1, lysophosphatidylserine acyltransferase, membrane-bound O-acyltransferase domain-containing protein 1
- Steinhauer J, Gijón M, Riekhof W, Voelker D, Murphy R, Treisman J. Drosophila lysophospholipid acyltransferases are specifically required for germ cell development. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5224-35 pubmed publisher..A chromosomal translocation disrupting human MBOAT1 results in a novel syndrome characterized by male sterility and brachydactyly...
- Wei Y, Bergenholm D, Gossing M, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Expression of cocoa genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae improves cocoa butter production. Microb Cell Fact. 2018;17:11 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae, showing that metabolic engineering of yeast for cocoa butter production can be realized by manipulating the key enzymes GPAT, LPAT and DGAT in the TAG biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Jasieniecka Gazarkiewicz K, Lager I, Carlsson A, Gutbrod K, Peisker H, Dormann P, et al. Acyl-CoA:Lysophosphatidylethanolamine Acyltransferase Activity Regulates Growth of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2017;174:986-998 pubmed publisher..LPE) with acyl-coenzyme A (CoA), designated LYSOPHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE ACYLTRANSFERASE1 (LPEAT1) and LPEAT2...
- Chen Y, Meyer J, Wambach J, Depass K, Wegner D, Fan X, et al. Gene variants of the phosphatidylcholine synthesis pathway do not contribute to RDS in the Chinese population. World J Pediatr. 2018;14:52-56 pubmed publisher..We sequenced the exons of cholinephosphate cytidylyltransferase (PCYT1B) lysophospholipid acyltransferase 1 (LPCAT1), and cholinephosphotransferase (CHPT1) genes, and analyzed both rare and common exonic ..
- FlÃ¶ttmann R, Wagner J, Kobus K, Curry C, Savarirayan R, Nishimura G, et al. Microdeletions on 6p22.3 are associated with mesomelic dysplasia Savarirayan type. J Med Genet. 2015;52:476-83 pubmed publisher..3. The deletions encompass four known genes: MBOAT1, E2F3, CDKAL1 and SOX4. All patients showed mesomelia of the lower limbs with hypoplastic tibiae and fibulae...
- Morabito F, Cutrona G, Mosca L, D Anca M, Matis S, Gentile M, et al. Surrogate molecular markers for IGHV mutational status in chronic lymphocytic leukemia for predicting time to first treatment. Leuk Res. 2015;39:840-5 pubmed publisher..Two (SNORA70F, NRIP1) of the down-regulated and 6 (SEPT10, ZNF667, TGFBR3, MBOAT1, LPL, CRY1) of the up-regulated genes were significantly associated with a reduced risk of disease progression in ..
- Wei Y, Gossing M, Bergenholm D, Siewers V, Nielsen J. Increasing cocoa butter-like lipid production of Saccharomyces cerevisiae by expression of selected cocoa genes. AMB Express. 2017;7:34 pubmed publisher..25-fold increased TAG content and 6.7-fold higher level of CBL compared with the control strain. In summary, CBL production by S. cerevisiae were increased through expressing selected cocoa genes potentially involved in CB biosynthesis. ..
- Renauer P, Nasiri N, Oelkers P. Saccharomyces cerevisiae lysophospholipid acyltransferase, Lpt1, requires Asp146 and Glu297 for catalysis. J Lipid Res. 2015;56:2143-50 pubmed publisher..This sequential mechanism provides a precedent for other members of the membrane bound O-acyltransferase family. Also, Lpt1p optimally orients acyl-CoA substrates with 7.5 Ã… between a double bond and the thioester bond. ..
- Chao T, Wang G, Ji Z, Liu Z, Hou L, Wang J, et al. Transcriptome Analysis of Three Sheep Intestinal Regions reveals Key Pathways and Hub Regulatory Genes of Large Intestinal Lipid Metabolism. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5345 pubmed publisher..expressed transcripts were significantly enriched in 5 lipid metabolism related pathways, and CEPT1 and MBOAT1 were identified as hub genes...
- Jasieniecka Gazarkiewicz K, Demski K, Lager I, Stymne S, BanaÅ› A. Possible Role of Different Yeast and Plant Lysophospholipid:Acyl-CoA Acyltransferases (LPLATs) in Acyl Remodelling of Phospholipids. Lipids. 2016;51:15-23 pubmed publisher..The results also show that the capacity of reversibility can be specific for a particular phospholipid, albeit the lysophospholipid derivatives of other phospholipids serve as good acyl acceptors for the forward reaction of the enzyme. ..
- Tabe S, Hikiji H, Ariyoshi W, Hashidate Yoshida T, Shindou H, Okinaga T, et al. Lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase 1/membrane-bound O-acyltransferase 1 regulates morphology and function of P19C6 cell-derived neurons. FASEB J. 2016;30:2591-601 pubmed publisher..Hashidate-Yoshida, T., Shindou, H., Okinaga, T., Shimizu, T., Tominaga, K., Nishihara, T. Lysophosphatidylethanolamine acyltransferase 1/membrane-bound O-acyltransferase 1 regulates morphology and function of P19C6 cell-derived ..
- Soupene E, Kuypers F. Phosphatidylserine decarboxylase CT699, lysophospholipid acyltransferase CT775, and acyl-ACP synthase CT776 provide membrane lipid diversity to Chlamydia trachomatis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:15767 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that the pathogen has the ability to extend the lipid diversity of its membrane. ..
- Tamaki H, Shimada A, Ito Y, Ohya M, Takase J, Miyashita M, et al. LPT1 encodes a membrane-bound O-acyltransferase involved in the acylation of lysophospholipids in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34288-98 pubmed..These results indicate that, in concert with Slc1, Lpt1 plays a central role in PA biosynthesis, which is essential for cell viability. ..
- Sorgi C, Zarini S, Martin S, Sanchez R, Scandiuzzi R, Gijón M, et al. Dormant 5-lipoxygenase in inflammatory macrophages is triggered by exogenous arachidonic acid. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10981 pubmed publisher..Understanding the relationship between the eicosanoids pathway and macrophage biology may offer novel strategies for macrophage-associated disease therapy. ..
- Moncada R, Blackshear K, Garrett T. The Arabidopsis thaliana lysophospholipid acyltransferase At1g78690p acylates lysocardiolipins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:340-345 pubmed publisher..No transfer of the linoleoyl chains was detected in an At1g78690 dependent manner suggesting that, despite the strong homology, these enzymes catalyze unique reactions. ..
- Mick E, McGough J, Deutsch C, Frazier J, Kennedy D, Goldberg R. Genome-wide association study of proneness to anger. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87257 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that signaling pathways regulating intracellular calcium homeostasis, which are relevant to memory, learning, and neuronal survival, may in part underlie the expression of Angry Temperament. ..
- Hishikawa D, Shindou H, Kobayashi S, Nakanishi H, Taguchi R, Shimizu T. Discovery of a lysophospholipid acyltransferase family essential for membrane asymmetry and diversity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2830-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings constitute a critical milestone for our understanding about how membrane diversity and asymmetry are established and their biological significance. ..
- Dauwerse J, de Vries B, Wouters C, Bakker E, Rappold G, Mortier G, et al. A t(4;6)(q12;p23) translocation disrupts a membrane-associated O-acetyl transferase gene (MBOAT1) in a patient with a novel brachydactyly-syndactyly syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:743-51 pubmed..One of the genes on chromosome 6, the membrane-associated O-acetyl transferase gene 1 (MBOAT1), was disrupted by the breakpoint. This gene consists of 13 exons and encodes a protein of 495 amino acids...
- Gijón M, Riekhof W, Zarini S, Murphy R, Voelker D. Lysophospholipid acyltransferases and arachidonate recycling in human neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:30235-45 pubmed publisher..b>MBOAT1 is a lysophosphatidylserine (lyso-PS) acyltransferase with preference for oleoyl-CoA...
- Shindou H, Shimizu T. Acyl-CoA:lysophospholipid acyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1-5 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize recent studies on cloning and characterization of lysophospholipid acyltransferases that contribute to membrane asymmetry and diversity. ..