Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MBD1
Description: methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1
Alias: CXXC3, PCM1, RFT, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 3, methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1 isoform PCM1, methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1, protein containing methyl-CpG-binding domain 1, the regulator of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) transcription
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Human BAHD1 promotes heterochromatic gene silencingHelene Bierne
Institut Pasteur, Unité des Interactions Bactéries Cellules, INSERM U604, INRA USC2020, Paris, F 75015, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13826-31. 2009..This nuclear protein interacts with HP1, MBD1, HDAC5, and several transcription factors...
- Common variants at 2q37.3, 8q24.21, 15q21.3 and 16q24.1 influence chronic lymphocytic leukemia riskDalemari Crowther-Swanepoel
Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 42:132-6. 2010..2 (rs783540, CPEB1; OR = 1.18; P = 3.67 x 10(-6)) and 18q21.1 (rs1036935; OR = 1.22; P = 2.28 x 10(-6)). These data provide further evidence for genetic susceptibility to this B-cell hematological malignancy...
- The intracellular domain of teneurin-1 interacts with MBD1 and CAP/ponsin resulting in subcellular codistribution and translocation to the nuclear matrixSamantha M Nunes
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Novartis Research Foundation, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 305:122-32. 2005..The second interacting protein identified is the methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1. In the nucleus, the intracellular domain of teneurin-1 colocalizes with this transcriptional repressor in foci ..
- Active repression of methylated genes by the chromosomal protein MBD1H H Ng
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 20:1394-406. 2000b>MBD1 belongs to a family of mammalian proteins that share a methyl-CpG binding domain...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) interacts with the Suv39h1-HP1 heterochromatic complex for DNA methylation-based transcriptional repressionNaoyuki Fujita
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:24132-8. 2003..b>MBD1 possesses an MBD involved in mediating DNA methylation-dependent transcriptional repression...
- Mechanism of transcriptional regulation by methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1N Fujita
Department of Tumor Genetics and Biology, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 20:5107-18. 2000..MBD1 has at least five isoforms due to alternative splicing events, resulting in the presence of CXXC1, CXXC2, and CXXC3 in MBD1 isoforms v1 (MBD1v1) and MBD1v2, and CXXC1 and CXXC2 in MBD1v3 and -v4...
- Methyl-CpG-DNA binding proteins in human prostate cancer: expression of CXXC sequence containing MBD1 and repression of MBD2 and MeCP2Samir K Patra
Department of Urology, Urology Research Center 112F, University of California at San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:759-66. 2003We analyzed gene expression of MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, MBD4, and MeCP2 and protein expression of MBD1, MBD2, and MeCP2 in prostate cancer cell lines, benign prostate epithelium (BPH-1) cell line, 49 BPH tissues, and 46 prostate cancer tissues...
- Methylated DNA-binding domain 1 and methylpurine-DNA glycosylase link transcriptional repression and DNA repair in chromatinSugiko Watanabe
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12859-64. 2003..We report here that methylation-mediated transcriptional repressor methylated DNA-binding domain 1 (MBD1) interacts with methylpurine-DNA glycosylase (MPG), which excises damaged bases from substrate DNA...
- DNA methylation represses IFN-gamma-induced and signal transducer and activator of transcription 1-mediated IFN regulatory factor 8 activation in colon carcinoma cellsJon M McGough
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Boulevard, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1841-51. 2008..Silencing methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1 (MBD1) expression resulted in IRF8 activation by IFN-gamma in human colon carcinoma cells with methylated IRF8 promoter...
- Sex-specific windows for high mRNA expression of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3A and methyl-CpG-binding domain proteins 2 and 4 in human fetal gonadsDanuta Galetzka
Institute for Human Genetics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 74:233-41. 2007..We propose that the sex-specific time windows for concomitant upregulation of DNMT1, DNMT3A, MBD2, and MBD4 are associated with prenatal remethylation of the human male and female germ line...
- The methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1 interacts with the p150 subunit of chromatin assembly factor 1Brian E Reese
Tumor Biology Division, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3226-36. 2003..such as histone deacetylases, to methylated DNA via a family of proteins called methyl-CpG binding proteins (MBD1 to -4)...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 gene polymorphisms and risk of primary lung cancerJin Sung Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Samduk 2Ga 50, Daegu, 700 412, Korea
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2474-80. 2005The methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) protein plays an important role for transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- [Effects of two treatment regimens for drug-resistant tuberculosis in tuberculosis control project areas: a comparative study]Liang Li
Beijing Chest Hospital, Beijing 101149, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:3387-91. 2008..To search for an ideal therapeutic regimen for multidrug resistant tuberculosis conforming to the situation of China...
- A threonine to isoleucine missense mutation in the pericentriolar material 1 gene is strongly associated with schizophreniaS R Datta
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Research Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:615-28. 2010Markers at the pericentriolar material 1 gene (PCM1) have shown genetic association with schizophrenia in both a University College London (UCL) and a USA-based case-control sample...
- Review of the cardiovascular safety of zoledronic acid and other bisphosphonates for the treatment of osteoporosisA John Camm
Division of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences, St George s University of London, London, UK
Clin Ther 32:426-36. 2010....
- [Activation of multiple tumor suppressor genes by MBD1 siRNA in pancreatic cancer cell line BxPC-3]Jin Xu
Pancreatic Disease Institution, Fudan University, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai 200040, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:1948-51. 2008To observe the effect of MBD1-siRNA on the expressions of multiple tumor suppressor genes in pancreatic cancer cells, and to explore the role of MBD1 in carcinogenesis of pancreatic carcinoma.
- Expression of citrate permease gene of plasmid pCM1 isolated from Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis NIAI N-7 in Lactobacillus casei L-49-4Hwa Yong An
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, 700 8530, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:609-16. 2007..vector pJLECit (8,232 bp) was constructed using citrate permease gene contained in the 3,919-bp fragment of plasmid pCM1 (8,280 bp) isolated from Lactococcus lactis subsp...
- 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors mediate discrete behaviors in the Mongolian gerbilA S Eison
CNS Special Projects, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wallingford, CT 06492
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 43:131-7. 1992..This syndrome, analogous to the 5-HT syndrome in the rat, consists of reciprocal forepaw treading (RFT), hindleg abduction (HA), body tremors (BT), and Straub tail (ST). The putative 5-HT1A antagonist NAN-190 (0...
- Published genetic variants in retinopathy of prematurity: random forest analysis suggests a negligible contribution to risk and severityGyorgy Dunai
Csolnoky Ferenc Hospital, Veszprem, Hungary
Curr Eye Res 33:501-5. 2008..We applied a high-dimensional nonparametric method called random forest technique (RFT) to evaluate the predictive value of genetic polymorphisms in ROP at birth.
- Dose-dependent alterations in gene expression in mouse liver induced by diethylnitrosamine and ethylnitrosourea and determined by quantitative real-time PCRTakashi Watanabe
Functional Genomics Laboratory, School of Science and Engineering, Aoyama Gakuin University, Fuchinobe 5 10 1, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 0006, Japan
Mutat Res 673:9-20. 2009..for both carcinogens [Bax, Btg2, Ccng1, Cdkn1a, Cyp4a10, Cyp21a1, Fos, Gadd45b, Gdf15, Hmox1, Hspb1, Isg20l1, Jun, Mbd1, Mdm2, Myc, Net1, Plk2, Ppp1r3c, Rcan1 and Tubb2c], although the increase in gene expression due to ENU was ..
- The in vivo antioxidant effectiveness of alpha-tocopherol in oxidative stress induced by sodium nitroprusside in rat red blood cellsM Betul Yerer
University of Erciyes, Medical Faculty, Department of Physiology, Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 30:323-9. 2004..SNP, and SNP + L-NAME (10 mg/kg, i.p.), respectively. Relative filtration rate (RFR), relative filtration time (RFT) and relative resistance (Rrel) were determined as the indexes of erythrocyte deformability...
- Epigenetic regulation of metallothionein-i gene expression: differential regulation of methylated and unmethylated promoters by DNA methyltransferases and methyl CpG binding proteinsSarmila Majumder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Cell Biochem 97:1300-16. 2006..In contrast, MBD1 and MeCP2 interacted with both promoters and suppressed the promoter activity irrespective of its methylation ..
- Effects of heparin on hypertonic potassium chloride-induced bronchoconstrictionB Tutluoglu
Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, Department of Chest Diseases, Istanbul University, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 35:1161-5. 2001..Recenty, nonisotonic aerosols have begun to be used for the assessment of bronchial hyperreactivity. Hypertonic KCl can cause bronchoconstriction even in non-symptomatic asthmatic patients...
- The pattern of leprosy-related neuropathy in the AMFES patients in Ethiopia: definitions, incidence, risk factors and outcomeP Saunderson
School of Community Health Science, Nottingham University, UK
Lepr Rev 71:285-308. 2000..Study (AMFES) began in 1988 and followed patients prospectively for up to 10 years after release from treatment (RFT). This paper presents the findings from this cohort with regard to neuropathy and nerve damage...
- Recruitment of PCM1 to the centrosome by the cooperative action of DISC1 and BBS4: a candidate for psychiatric illnessesAtsushi Kamiya
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:996-1006. 2008..A role for the centrosome has been suggested in the pathology of major mental illnesses, especially schizophrenia (SZ)...
- Percutaneous radiofrequency thermocoagulation for the treatment of different types of trigeminal neuralgia: evaluation of quality of life and outcomesYizhong Huang
Department of Pain Therapeutic Center, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, 100053, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 30:403-7. 2010Radiofrequency thermocoagulation (RFT) of the gasserian ganglion is a routine and effective technique for the treatment of classical trigeminal neuralgia (CTN)...
- [Submucosal bipolar radiofrequency therapy for treatment of turbinate hypertrophy]Jarosław Luczaj
Klinika Otolaryngologii AM w Białymstoku
Otolaryngol Pol 61:290-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine short- term and long term effects of the radiofrequency therapy (RFT) for patients with turbinate hypertrophy...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 9 (Cdk9) of fission yeast is activated by the CDK-activating kinase Csk1, overlaps functionally with the TFIIH-associated kinase Mcs6, and associates with the mRNA cap methyltransferase Pcm1 in vivoYi Pei
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY
Mol Cell Biol 26:777-88. 2006..Cdk9 forms complexes in vivo with the essential cyclin Pch1 and with Pcm1, the mRNA cap methyltransferase...
- A novel Rf gene controlling fertility restoration of Ogura male sterility by RNA processing of orf138 found in Japanese wild radish and its STS markersKeita Yasumoto
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto Sangyo University, Motoyama, Kamigamo, Kita ku, Kyoto 603 8555, Japan
Genome 52:495-504. 2009..Northern blot analysis of the CMS-associated gene orf138 indicated that one restorer allele (termed Rft) was involved in the processing of orf138 RNA...
- Divergent chemokine, cytokine and beta-defensin responses to gastric candidiasis in immunocompetent C57BL/6 and BALB/c miceDavid A Schofield
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
J Med Microbiol 54:87-92. 2005..beta-Defensin (mBD1, mBD3 and mBD4), chemokine (MIP-2 and KC) and cytokine (TNF-alpha, IFN-gamma, IL-4, IL-10, IL-12 and IL-15) gene ..
- Role of DNA methylation and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the repression of 5-lipoxygenase promoter activityCareen Katryniok
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1801:49-57. 2010..Using ChIP assays, we found that the methyl-DNA binding proteins MBD1, MBD2 and MeCP2 bind to the methylated 5-LO core promoter in U937 cells...
- CpG-binding protein is a nuclear matrix- and euchromatin-associated protein localized to nuclear speckles containing human trithorax. Identification of nuclear matrix targeting signalsJeong Heon Lee
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42259-67. 2002..The distribution of CGBP is distinct from the heterochromatin-associated proteins MBD1, methyl-CpG-binding protein 2, and HP1alpha...
- Candidate tumor-suppressor genes on chromosome arm 8p in early-onset and high-grade breast cancersJane E Armes
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium, Australia
Oncogene 23:5697-702. 2004..b>PCM1, which encodes a centrosomal protein, and DUSP4/MKP-2, which encodes a MAP kinase phosphatase, both showed frequent ..
- Complementarity effects through dietary mixing enhance the performance of a generalist insect herbivoreSybille B Unsicker
Institute of Ecology, University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Oecologia 156:313-24. 2008..mixtures compared to foraging on single plant species, we introduce the term "relative forage total" (RFT) based on an approach used in biodiversity research by Loreau and Hector (Nature 413:548-274, 2001)...
- Increased phosphoglucomutase activity suppresses the galactose growth defect associated with elevated levels of Ras signaling in S. cerevisiaeSusie C Howard
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University, 484 West Twelfth Avenue, Room 984, Columbus, 43210, USA
Curr Genet 49:1-6. 2006..This screen identified two genes, PGM1 and PCM1, that encode proteins with phosphoglucomutase activity...
- The field dependence/independence cognitive style does not control the spatial perception of elevationTodd E Hudson
Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Percept Psychophys 68:377-92. 2006..an individual's ability to disregard distracting aspects of a visual field in the classical rod-and-frame test (RFT), in which a subject is required to set a rod so that it will appear vertical in the presence of a square frame ..
- Isolation of CpG islands from large genomic clonesS H Cross
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Darwin Building, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2099-107. 1999..CpG island sequences were also successfully isolated from a PAC clone carrying the MBD1 gene. These included the complete CpG island containing the first exon and regulatory sequences from MBD1.
- Can amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients with respiratory insufficiency exercise?A C Pinto
Department of Medical Rehabilitation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Av Prof Egas Moniz, 1600, Lisboa, Portugal
J Neurol Sci 169:69-75. 1999..The patients were all evaluated during a 1 year period. Respiratory function tests (RFT) were performed at entry and then at 6 month intervals...
- [Glutathione: its biosynthesis, induction agents and concentrations in selected diseases]Bozena Bukowska
Katedry Biofizyki Skazeń Srodowiska, Uniwersytetu Lódzkiego
Med Pr 55:501-9. 2004..The fact that numerous diseases are induced by RFT (that cause glutathione depletion) it seems that an in-depth study of the dietetic and pharmacological manners of ..
- A recurrent case of BT leprosy with widely spread skin lesions showing a histopathology of indeterminate group after 4.5-years irregular treatment, BangladeshY Ishida
PIME Sisters Khulna Leprosy Program, Boro Boyra, Khulna, Bangladesh
Nihon Hansenbyo Gakkai Zasshi 68:195-9. 1999..regimen irregularly and had maculae widely-spread with anesthesia 16 months after being released from treatment (RFT). The histopathology of the maculae unexpectedly showed that of an indeterminate group of leprosy...
- Effect of expertise level on the perceptual characteristics of gymnastsGaëlle Croix
CETAPS Laboratory, Faculty of Sports Sciences, University of Rouen, Mont Saint Aignan, France
J Strength Cond Res 24:1458-63. 2010..general perceptual characteristics (field dependence-independence) were evaluated using the rod-and-frame test (RFT)...
- Epigenetic regulation of the stem cell mitogen Fgf-2 by Mbd1 in adult neural stem/progenitor cellsXuekun Li
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 283:27644-52. 2008..We previously demonstrated that methylated CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1/Mbd1) is a transcriptional repressor of Fgf-2 and is enriched in adult brains...
- Genetic association and brain morphology studies and the chromosome 8p22 pericentriolar material 1 (PCM1) gene in susceptibility to schizophreniaHugh M D Gurling
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, United Kingdom
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:844-54. 2006..There is evidence of linkage to a schizophrenia susceptibility locus on chromosome 8p21-22 found by several family linkage studies...
- Bedside rapid flu test and zanamivir prescription in healthy working adults: a cost-benefit analysisMichael Schwarzinger
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, u444, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Pharmacoeconomics 21:215-24. 2003Zanamivir, a neuraminidase inhibitor, reduces the number of days of illness in influenza-positive patients. New bedside rapid flu tests (RFT) should increase the number of influenza-positive patients whom receive zanamivir appropriately.
- Effect of neck pain on verticality perception: a cohort studyJaroslaw P Grod
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 1900 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4G 3E6, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 83:412-5. 2002To use the Rod-and-Frame Test (RFT) as a quantification of the perception of verticality in subjects with and without neck pain.
- The assessment of increased sensitivity to visual stimuli in patients with chronic dizzinessMarousa Pavlou
Academic Department of Physiotherapy, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Kings College London, UK
J Vestib Res 16:223-31. 2006..The Situational Characteristics Questionnaire (SCQ), Computerized Dynamic Posturography or Rod and Frame Test (RFT) are used to assess VV symptoms...
- Identification, cloning, and sequencing of the genes involved in the conversion of D,L-2-amino-delta2-thiazoline-4-carboxylic acid to L-cysteine in Pseudomonas sp. strain ON-4aTetsuo Ohmachi
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture and Life Science, Hirosaki University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1097-104. 2002..coli mutant defective in the cysB gene. A positive clone, denoted CM1, carrying the plasmid pCM1 with an insert DNA of approximately 3...
- Expression, purification and copper-binding studies of the first metal-binding domain of Menkes proteinP Y Jensen
Department of Analytical Chemistry, The Royal Danish School of Pharmacy, Copenhagen, Demark
Eur J Biochem 264:890-6. 1999The cDNA, coding for the first metal-binding domain (MBD1) of Menkes protein, was cloned into the T7-system based vector, pCA...
- Functional characteristics of the human ortholog of riboflavin transporter 2 and riboflavin-responsive expression of its rat ortholog in the small intestine indicate its involvement in riboflavin absorptionMisaki Fujimura
Department of Biopharmaceutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya 467 8603, Japan
J Nutr 140:1722-7. 2010Riboflavin transporter (RFT) 2 has recently been identified as a transporter that may be, mainly based on the functional characteristics of its rat ortholog (rRFT2), involved in the intestinal absorption of riboflavin...
- Modified Limberg's transposition flap for pilonidal sinus. Long term follow up of 216 casesGiovanni Milito
Surgical Clinic, Policlinico Universitario Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 78:227-31. 2007..to report our results in a large series of patients with chronic pilonidal sinus (PS) at long term follow up...
- Impaired navigation in drivers with Parkinson's diseaseErgun Y Uc
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Brain 130:2433-40. 2007..Our aim was to assess navigation and safety errors during a route following task (RFT) in drivers with the illness. Seventy-seven subjects with mild-moderate PD (median Hoehn-Yahr stage = 2...
- Recruitment of P-TEFb (Cdk9-Pch1) to chromatin by the cap-methyl transferase Pcm1 in fission yeastAllan Guiguen
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire GEMO, Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium
EMBO J 26:1552-9. 2007..We report that the fission yeast P-TEFb (Cdk9-Pch1) forms a complex with the cap-methyltransferase Pcm1 and these proteins colocalise on chromatin...
- Molecular cloning and expression of two types of rabbit beta-galactoside alpha 1,2-fucosyltransferaseS Hitoshi
Molecular Glycobiology, Frontier Research Program, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:8844-50. 1995Two DNA clones encoding rabbit beta-galactoside alpha 1,2-fucosyltransferase (RFT-I and RFT-II) have been isolated from a rabbit genomic DNA library...
- Reciprocal co-regulation of EGR2 and MECP2 is disrupted in Rett syndrome and autismSusan E Swanberg
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Rowe Program in Human Genetics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:525-34. 2009..Conversely, MeCP2 family members MBD1, MBD2 and MBD4 bind a methylated CpG island in an enhancer region located in EGR2 intron 1...
- The bile/arsenite/riboflavin transporter (BART) superfamilyNahla M Mansour
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
FEBS J 274:612-29. 2007..anions such as arsenite and antimonite, the arsenical resistance-3 (Acr3) family, and the riboflavin transporter (RFT) family...
- Power and sample size calculation for neuroimaging studies by non-central random field theorySatoru Hayasaka
Biostatistical Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Neuroimage 37:721-30. 2007..To facilitate this task, we propose a power analysis method based on random field theory (RFT) by modeling signal areas within images as non-central random field...
- Foveal function in children treated for amblyopiaPia Agervi
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Vision, Karolinska Institute, St Erik s Eye Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol 88:222-6. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate foveal function, using three different methods, in children treated for monocular amblyopia...
- Abnormal DNA methylation in T cells from patients with subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosusY Luo
Department of Dermatology, Epigenetic Research Centre, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Br J Dermatol 159:827-33. 2008..However, it is unknown whether T-cell hypomethylation is a factor in other, less severe, forms of lupus erythematosus such as subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE)...
- Analysis of mammalian proteins involved in chromatin modification reveals new metaphase centromeric proteins and distinct chromosomal distribution patternsJeffrey M Craig
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 12:3109-21. 2003..any of the pericentric and other major heterochromatic regions; and (b) heterochromatin-associated proteins (MeCP2, MBD1, MBD2, ATRX, HP1alpha, HDAC1, HDAC2, DNMT1 and DNMT3b), which colocalize with centromeric/pericentric ..
- Nocturnal pulse oximetry: a new approach to establish the appropriate time for non-invasive ventilation in ALS patientsAnabela Pinto
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisbon, Portugal
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 4:31-5. 2003..All patients were periodically evaluated with Norris spinal and bulbar scores, respiratory function tests (RFT) and NPO at three month intervals for one year...
- Correlation between respiratory function tests and evolution time in asthmatic patientsC López Campos
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Epidemiologia Clinica, Hospital Especialidades núm 71, Centro Medico Nacional Torreon, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
Rev Alerg Mex 48:25-7. 2001..between the evolution time of asthma episodes and alterations observed in the respiratory function tests (RFT) during asymptomatic periods...
- Detection and quantification of methylation in DNA using solid-state nanoporesJiwook Shim
Department of Bioengineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Sci Rep 3:1389. 2013..Methylation is detected by selectively labeling methylation sites with MBD1 (MBD-1x) proteins, the complex inducing a 3 fold increase in ionic blockage current relative to unmethylated DNA...
- Colonization and movement of GFP-labeled Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. michiganensis during tomato infectionL Chalupowicz
Department of Plant Pathology and Weed Research, ARO, Bet Dagan, Israel
Phytopathology 102:23-31. 2012..colonization of the whole plant reaching the apical region after 15 days, whereas Cmm100 (lacking the plasmids pCM1 and pCM2) or Cmm27 (lacking the chp/tomA PAI) remained confined to the area surrounding of the inoculation site...
- Comparison on therapeutic effects of RFT and RCTVP regimen in the treatment of patients with indolent B-cell lymphoma in ChinaYun Hou
Department of Lyphoma, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, 300060, China
Med Oncol 29:2372-8. 2012To compare the efficacy and safety of RFT (retuximab, fludarabine, pirarubicin) with RCTVP (retuximab, cyclophophamide, pirarubicin, vindesine and prednisone) in 248 indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) patients...
- Relational frame theory: an overview of the controversyAmy C Gross
Western Michigan University
Anal Verbal Behav 25:87-98. 2009..In recent years, a new behavioral approach to language known as relational frame theory (RFT) has generated considerable attention, research, and debate...
- Solution structure of the matrix attachment region-binding domain of chicken MeCP2Björn Heitmann
Institut fur Biophysik und Physikalische Biochemie, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 270:3263-70. 2003..The global fold of this domain is very similar to that of rat MeCP2 MBD and MBD1 MBD (the methyl-CpG-binding domains of rat MeCP2 and methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1, respectively), exhibiting ..
- Identification of WA-type three-line hybrid rice with real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methodY Cheng
Institute of Bast Fiber Crops, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Xianjiahu West Road 348, Changsha, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 166:819-29. 2012..In addition, the RFT-PCR system can be optimized when the annealing temperature is 60 °C and the Mg²⁺ concentration is 3.5 mmol/L.
- Radiofrequency thermocoagulation for trigeminal neuralgia without intra-operative patient wakingMichael G Hart
Academic Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Neurosurg 26:392-6. 2012It is proposed that radiofrequency thermocoagulation (RFT) under general anaesthesia without waking the patient intra-operatively, which is usually performed to confirm lesion location, will reduce the peri-operative discomfort and ..
- The contribution of experiential avoidance and social cognitions in the prediction of social anxietyBrittain L Mahaffey
Psychology Dept UNC CH, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3270, USA
Behav Cogn Psychother 41:52-65. 2013..Relational frame theory (RFT), on the other hand, posits that social anxiety arises from the unwillingness to endure unpleasant internal ..
- t(8;9)(p22;p24)/PCM1-JAK2 activates SOCS2 and SOCS3 via STAT5Stefan Ehrentraut
Leibniz Institute, DSMZ German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures, Department of Human and Animal Cell Cultures, Braunschweig, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e53767. 2013..Here we describe the genomic, transcriptional and signalling characteristics of PCM1-JAK2 formed by t(8;9)(p22;p24) in a trio of cell lines established at indolent (MAC-1) and aggressive (MAC-2A/2B) ..
- Identification and characterization of a mycobacterial (2R,3R)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenaseMinoru Takeda
Division of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 75:2384-9. 2011..The enzyme was a homodimer of a peptide coded by a 1047-bp gene (mbd1)...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 gene polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in a Chinese populationHongliang Liu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Biomarkers 13:607-17. 2008Polymorphisms of the methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) gene may influence MBD1 activity on gene expression profiles, thereby modulating individual susceptibility to lung cancer...
- The loss of methyl-CpG binding protein 1 leads to autism-like behavioral deficitsAndrea M Allan
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2047-57. 2008..Our previous studies showed that the loss of Mbd1 led to reduced hippocampal neurogenesis and impaired learning in mice...
- Behavior, humanM Molteni
IRCCS E Medea Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization and Health Care Bosisio Parini, LC, Italy
Clin Ter 161:91-2. 2010..More recently, the Relational Frame Theory (RFT) suggests that also some psychological events such as thoughts and emotions can be explained as learned responses...
- Visualization of DNA methylation and histone modifications in living cellsHiroshi Kimura
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Curr Opin Cell Biol 22:412-8. 2010..DNA methylation was visualized using the methyl-CpG-binding domain of the human MBD1 protein. The level and distribution of histone modifications can be monitored by two different methods...
- Producing and recognizing analogical relationsRegina Lipkens
Psychiatric Hospital Sancta Maria, Sint Truiden, Belgium
J Exp Anal Behav 91:105-26. 2009..work has been conducted from a behavior analytic point of view, most of that within Relational Frame Theory (RFT), which views analogy as a matter of deriving relations among relations...
- Robotic facelift thyroidectomy: patient selection and technical considerationsDavid J Terris
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Georgia Health Thyroid Center, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912 4060, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:237-42. 2011..As a result, acceptance has been limited. We describe technical details and patient selection criteria of a recently described robotic facelift thyroidectomy (RFT) approach that avoids these pitfalls.
- Promoter CpG island hypermethylation- and H3K9me3 and H3K27me3-mediated epigenetic silencing targets the deleted in colon cancer (DCC) gene in colorectal carcinogenesis without affecting neighboring genes on chromosomal region 18q21Sarah Derks
Department of Pathology, Maastricht University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 30:1041-8. 2009..Several candidate TSGs, among which methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1 (MBD1), CpG-binding protein CXXC1, Sma- and Mad-related protein 4 (SMAD4), deleted in colon cancer (DCC) and methyl-CpG-..
- The loop connecting metal-binding domains 3 and 4 of ATP7B is a target of a kinase-mediated phosphorylationMee Y Bartee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Biochemistry 48:5573-81. 2009..b>MBD1-2 and MBD4-5 linkers become protected, while MBD2-3 and MBD3-4 regions remain exposed...
- Assessment of visual field dependence: comparison between the mechanical 3D rod-and-frame test developed by Oltman in 1968 with a 2D computer-based versionBrice Isableu
Laboratoire des Techniques de l Ingénierie Médicale et de la Complexité Informatique, Mathématiques et Applications de Grenoble TIMC IMAG, UMR UJF CNRS 5525, Grenoble, France
J Vestib Res 18:239-47. 2008..classically assessed by using verticality perception tasks, and especially the mechanical 3D rod-and-frame test (3D RFT)...
- Cellular epigenetic modifications of neural stem cell differentiationRabindra P Singh
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cell Transplant 18:1197-211. 2009..In contrast, DNA methyl-CpG-binding protein (MBD1) was low in undifferentiated NSCs in neurospheres, but highly appeared in differentiating NSCs...
- The Arf-inducing transcription factor Dmp1 encodes a transcriptional activator of amphiregulin, thrombospondin-1, JunB and Egr1Ali Mallakin
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Int J Cancer 126:1403-16. 2010..Areg), thrombospondin-1 (Tsp-1), JunB, Egr1, adrenomedullin (Adm), Bcl-3 and methyl-CpG binding domain protein 1 (Mbd1) were downregulated in the lungs from Dmp1-null mice while Gas1 and Ect2 genes were upregulated...
- Structure relates to elastic recoil and functional role in quadriceps tendon and patellar ligamentMarco Franchi
Department of Human Anatomical Sciences, University of Bologna, Italy
Micron 40:370-7. 2009..morphological arrangement of collagen fibres, fibrils and crimping pattern of suprapatellar (rectus femoris tendon-RFT and vastus intermedius tendon-VIT) and infrapatellar connective tissues (patellar ligament-PL) to relate their ..
- Modeling the relationship between scanned rump and 12th-rib fat in young temperate and tropical bovines: model development and evaluationB J Walmsley
Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, Beef Industry Centre of Excellence, Industry and Investment New South Wales, Armidale, New South Wales, Australia
J Anim Sci 88:1848-59. 2010..Currently, the DGM predicts 12th-rib fat thickness (RFT, mm)...
- Mycobacterium vaccae vaccine to prevent tuberculosis in high risk people: a meta-analysisXiao Yan Yang
Chinese Evidence Based Medicine Center The Chinese Cochrane Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
J Infect 60:320-30. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness and safety of Mycobacterium vaccae (MV) in prevention of tuberculosis (TB) among high risk people...
- [Melatonin and oxidative stress in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes]Daria Kupczyk
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu, Collegium Medicum w Bydgoszczy, Katedra i Zakład Biochemii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 28:407-9. 2010..At the same time, quantity of disadvantageous changes caused by reactive oxygen species (RFT) increase...
- Mechanical and metabolic injury to the skin barrier leads to increased expression of murine β-defensin-1, -3, and -14Kerstin Ahrens
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 131:443-52. 2011..In summary, we demonstrated upregulation of mBD1, -3, and -14 after mechanically and metabolically induced skin barrier disruption, which may be an attempt to ..
- Evolution of DNA-methylation machinery: DNA methyltransferases and methyl-DNA binding proteins in the amphioxus Branchiostoma floridaeRicard Albalat
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Diagonal, 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Dev Genes Evol 218:691-701. 2008..includes three groups of methyltransferase enzymes, Dnmt1, Dnmt2 and Dnmt3, and five methyl-DNA binding proteins, Mbd1, Mbd2, Mbd3, Mbd4, and MeCP2...
- JAK and MPL mutations in myeloid malignanciesAyalew Tefferi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:388-97. 2008..Somatic JAK3 (e.g. JAK3A572V, JAK3V722I, JAK3P132T) and fusion JAK2 (e.g. ETV6-JAK2, PCM1-JAK2, BCR-JAK2) mutations have respectively been described in acute megakaryocytic leukemia and acute leukemia/..
- Repression of human fibroblast growth factor 2 by a novel transcription factorT Ueba
Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 274:10382-7. 1999Here we describe the cloning of the regulator of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) transcription (RFT) using a yeast one-hybrid screening with a defined motif in FGF-2 promoter as a target sequence...
- Epigenetic regulation of O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase gene expression by histone acetylation and methyl-CpG binding proteinsRebecca P Danam
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital 332 North Lauderdale Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:61-9. 2005..immunoprecipitation analysis of methyl-CpG binding domain containing proteins detected a greater amount of MeCP2, MBD1, and CAF-1 bound to the MGMT promoter in MGMT-silenced cells...
- Measurement of global functional performance in patients with rheumatoid arthritis using rheumatology function testsAGUSTIN ESCALANTE
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Department of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R315-25. 2004..Mean +/- standard deviation for each RFT at baseline were: grip strength, 14 +/- 10 kg; walking velocity, 194 +/- 82 ft/min; and shirt button speed, 7...
- [Research of the puncture depth in treatment of trigeminal neuralgia (TN) by radiofrequency thermocoagulation(RFT) under CT location]Wei Jie Zhang
Dept of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200011, China
Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue 12:94-5. 2003..To control the puncture depth properly and avoid the complications, CT scan was used to measure the depth as the puncture needle perforated through the foramen ovale...
- Analysis of gene expression profiles in pancreatic carcinoma by using cDNA microarrayXian Jun Yu
Center for Pancreatic Cancer, Department of General Surgery, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:467-70. 2003..To survey the gene expression profiles in pancreatic carcinoma by using cDNA microarray and detect target genes for further study...
- MBD1, MBD2 and CGBP genes at chromosome 18q21 are infrequently mutated in human colon and lung cancersScott Bader
Sir Alastair Currie Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Division of Pathology Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Oncogene 22:3506-10. 2003The genes MBD1 and MBD2 encode methyl-CpG binding proteins that suppress transcription from methylated promoters. In contrast, CGBP encodes a protein that binds promoters containing unmethylated CpG and stimulates transcription...
- Induced oscillations and the distributed cortical sources during the Wisconsin card sorting test performance in schizophrenic patients: new clues to neural connectivityJ A Gonzalez-Hernandez
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Hermanos Ameijeiras Hospital, Havana, Cuba
Int J Psychophysiol 48:11-24. 2003..located at supplementary motor area (SMA), left occipitotemporal region (OT), and right frontotemporal subregions (RFT), respectively...
- MCAF mediates MBD1-dependent transcriptional repressionNaoyuki Fujita
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 23:2834-43. 2003DNA methylation is involved in a variety of genome functions, including gene control and chromatin dynamics. MBD1 is a transcriptional regulator through the cooperation of a methyl-CpG binding domain, cysteine-rich CXXC domains, and a ..
- Comparative study of methyl-CpG-binding domain proteinsTim C Roloff
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Ihnestrasse 73, 14195 Berlin, Germany
BMC Genomics 4:1. 2003..So far, five vertebrate MBD proteins have been described as MBD family members: MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, MBD4 and MECP2.
- Fixed-dose combination chemotherapy (Rifater/Rifinah) for active pulmonary tuberculosis in Taiwan: a two-year follow-upW J Su
Division of Pulmonary Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Chest Department, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:1029-32. 2002..Veterans General Hospital-Taipei, Taiwan...
- Heterogeneity in the modification and involvement of chromatin components of the CpG island of the silenced human CDH1 gene in cancer cellsShiro Koizume
DNA Methylation and Genome Function Project and Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Tsukiji 5 chome, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 30:4770-80. 2002..Binding of MeCP2 was also detected in all silenced cell lines. Additional binding of MBD1 protein was detected in a cell line in which the promoter region was poorly methylated and only histone H3 was ..
- The mCpG-binding domain of human MBD3 does not bind to mCpG but interacts with NuRD/Mi2 components HDAC1 and MTA2Motoki Saito
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Assembly, Department of Biological Information, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:35434-9. 2002..It was therefore suggested that mCpG-binding-defective MBD3 has evolutionarily conserved its MBD because of the secondary role played by the MBD in protein-protein interactions...
- Analysis of neural retina transport functionSylvia Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..We discovered the polarized distribution of two folate transport proteins in RPE, reduced-folate transporter-1 (RFT-1) and folate receptor a (FRa). Our studies focused on RFT-1. In this proposal we focus on folate receptors (FRs)...
- Epigenetic regulation of HIV latencyERIC M VERDIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..the multiprotein complexes that are recruited to methylated DNA: NuRD/MBD2, SWI/SNF/Sin3/MeCP2 and the SUV39H1/HP1/MBD1 complexes. Aim 2...
- UV damage, repair, and mutagenesisGERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2007..study the effects of 5-methylcytosine and 5-methylcytosinebinding proteins (mCpG-binding proteins, MeCP2, MBD2, MBD1) on UV damage induction and repair in vitro, on the deamination of 5-methylcytosine within cyclobutane pyrimidine ..
- Analysis of neural retina transport functionSylvia B Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..We discovered the polarized distribution of two folate transport proteins in RPE, reduced-folate transporter-1 (RFT-1) and folate receptor a (FRa). Our studies focused on RFT-1. In this proposal we focus on folate receptors (FRs)...
- Role of Small RNAs in Depression DisorderXinyu Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Methyl-CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1) is a central player of epigenetic mechanism that is critical for gene expression regulation, chromatin structure ..
- Role of Small RNAs in Depression DisorderXinyu Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Methyl-CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1) is a central player of epigenetic mechanism that is critical for gene expression regulation, chromatin structure ..
- Role of Small RNAs in Depression DisorderXinyu Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Methyl-CpG binding protein 1 (MBD1) is a central player of epigenetic mechanism that is critical for gene expression regulation, chromatin structure ..
- Mammalian DNA Cytosine Methylation:Structure & FunctionXiaodong Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2004..focus is on three mammalian enzymes (Dnmtl, Dnmt2, and Dnmt3b), and five methyl-CpG binding proteins (MeCP2, MBD1 to MBD4)...
- The CDK Activation Network of Fission YeastRobert P Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..by a complex containing Cdk9 and an essential mRNA-processing enzyme, the mRNA 5'-cap methyltransferase Pcm1. 3. To identify new targets and functions of CAKs and CDKs in the DNA damage response...
- The CDK Activation Network of Fission YeastRobert P Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..by a complex containing Cdk9 and an essential mRNA-processing enzyme, the mRNA 5'-cap methyltransferase Pcm1. 3. To identify new targets and functions of CAKs and CDKs in the DNA damage response...
- RETINAL PIGMENT EPITHELIUM: VECTORIAL TRANSPORT FUNCTIONSylvia Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..We call the latter reduced-folate transporter 1, RFT-1 to differentiate it from another transporter, RFT-2 that we have cloned recently from RPE...
- Characterization of MBD3L1 and MBD3L2GERD PFEIFER; Fiscal Year: 2007..at CpG dinucleotides (methyI-CpG binding domains or MBDs; present for example in the proteins MeCP2, MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4)...
- Reducing Felt Stigma in SUDBarbara Kohlenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..acceptance, rather than the suppression, change or modification of problematic thoughts and feelings, as well as on RFT, a basic science of language and cognition (Hayes et al...
- Web-based lab to study the decision to use antidepressants for the elderlyPeter Veazie; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Quality Community Services for Adolescent Drug AbuseAaron Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2007..An important secondary yield will be increasing the scarce knowledge base on commonly practiced community approaches in the SAU condition. ..
- The Disablement Process in Rheumatoid ArthritisAGUSTIN ESCALANTE; Fiscal Year: 2009..SNPs associated with RA damage may be useful for risk stratification of patients, and may contribute to the discovery of novel targets for RA treatments. ..
- Diabetic retinopathy: sigma receptor 1 (??R1) as a novel therapeutic target.Sylvia B Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed project will extend these findings to understand the mechanism of this protection with the ultimate goal of determining whether (+)- pentazocine may be useful clinically for retinopathy in humans. ..
- Connecting Brain Networks Across Subjects and Across ModalitiesSatoru Hayasaka; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Epigenetics of fetal alcohol syndromeFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..The effect of these epigenetic key genes will be confirmed in the in vivo model exposed to alcohol vapor chamber with alcohol exposure pattern and paradigms similar to the whole embryonic culture. ..
- Role of microRNA-122 in hepatocarcinogenesis using conditional knock out miceKalpana Ghoshal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, establishing role of miR-122 mimetic in an animal model (in preclinical trial) would be a major milestone in the treatment of this deadly disease in the near future. ..
- The Disablement Process in Rheumatoid ArthritisAGUSTIN ESCALANTE; Fiscal Year: 2010..SNPs associated with RA damage may be useful for risk stratification of patients, and may contribute to the discovery of novel targets for RA treatments. ..
- Mouse Model Neuro-Facial Dysmorphology: Tanslational and Treatment StudiesFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..The new studies will test whether the trophic peptides can prevent alcohol-induced brain and facial dysmorphology as well as behavioral impairment known to occur in FAS. ..
- Neuroanatomical adaptation at synaptic level to chronicFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003..The setting of this threshold might be derailed when alcohol is cyclically deprived. Current and future study along this line will provide information enabling us to better understanding excess drinking behavior. ..
- DISABLEMENT PROCESS IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISAGUSTIN ESCALANTE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Interventions to be measured include anti-rheumatic drugs and joint surgery, the lag between disease onset and initiation of anti-rheumatic therapy, compliance, and rehabilitation interventions. ..
- ALCOHOL & BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: MIDLINE CASCADE HYPOTHESISFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Estrogen Receptor, MTA3, and Transcriptional RepressionPaul Wade; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Analysis of neural retina transport functionSylvia Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..We discovered the polarized distribution of two folate transport proteins in RPE, reduced-folate transporter-1 (RFT-1) and folate receptor a (FRa). Our studies focused on RFT-1. In this proposal we focus on folate receptors (FRs)...
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as a Treatment for OCDSteven Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2007..This investigation also includes measures to assess the psychological processes through which changes of compulsive behavior occur. ..
- The Role of MicroRNA in HepatocarcinogenesisKalpana Ghoshal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further, this proposal fits well with the mission/goals set forth by multiple institutes that include NCI, NIDDK and NIAAA n the etiology, prevention and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomas. ..
- Predicting Driver Safety in Parkinson's DiseaseErgun Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..Fair and accurate means of detecting unfit drivers with PD will help mitigate the tragedy of motor vehicle crashes caused by these impaired individuals. ..
- Use and Outcome of Total Joint Replacement in HispanicsAGUSTIN ESCALANTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..His mentoring role will also help create a critical mass of investigators focused on arthritis-related disability among the U.S. Hispanic population. ..
- fMRI of Pain in Cannabis DependenceSRINIVASAN PILLAY; Fiscal Year: 2004....