Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Max
Description: MYC associated factor X
Alias: bHLHd4, protein max, class D basic helix-loop-helix protein 4
Publications376 found, 100 shown here
- Role of 14-3-3epsilon, c-Myc/Max, and Akt phosphorylation in HIV-1 gp 120-induced mesangial cell proliferationA A Kapasi
Department of Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F333-42. 2001..to the modulation of cell growth, gp 120 at low concentrations resulted in an increase in the expression of c-Myc, Max, and 14-3-3epsilon proteins and phosphorylation of ATP-dependent tyrosine kinases (Akt) at Ser(473)...
- Induction of a novel histone deacetylase 1/c-Myc/Mnt/Max complex formation is implicated in parity-induced refractoriness to mammary carcinogenesisYoichiro Matsuoka
Second Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:309-15. 2008..glands coincided with the upregulation of Mnt, a Myc-suppressor, and the formation of histone deacetylase 1/Mnt/Max complexes that unexpectedly contained c-Myc...
- Both Max and TFE3 cooperate with Smad proteins to bind the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 promoter, but they have opposite effects on transcriptional activityAsya V Grinberg
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 278:11227-36. 2003..We investigated interactions among different bHLHZIP and Smad family proteins. TFE3, TFEB, and Max associated with Smad3 and Smad4 in the absence of DNA and at the PE2.1 element of the PAI-1 promoter...
- Max: a helix-loop-helix zipper protein that forms a sequence-specific DNA-binding complex with MycE M Blackwood
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104
Science 251:1211-7. 1991..region of c-Myc was used to screen a complementary DNA (cDNA) expression library, and a bHLH-Zip protein, termed Max, was identified...
- Mad: a heterodimeric partner for Max that antagonizes Myc transcriptional activityD E Ayer
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Cell 72:211-22. 1993..proteins appear to function through heterodimerization with the stable, constitutively expressed bHLH-Zip protein, Max. To determine whether Max mediates the function of regulatory proteins other than Myc, we screened a lambda gt11 ..
- Recognition by Max of its cognate DNA through a dimeric b/HLH/Z domainA R Ferré-D'amaré
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021
Nature 363:38-45. 1993The three-dimensional structure of the basic/helix-loop-helix/leucine zipper domain of the transcription factor Max complexed with DNA has been determined by X-ray crystallography at 2.9 A resolution...
- The crystal structure of an intact human Max-DNA complex: new insights into mechanisms of transcriptional controlP Brownlie
EMBL Structural Biology Programme, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Structure 5:509-20. 1997b>Max belongs to the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper (bHLHZ) family of transcription factors...
- The novel ATM-related protein TRRAP is an essential cofactor for the c-Myc and E2F oncoproteinsS B McMahon
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Cell 94:363-74. 1998..These data suggest that TRRAP is an essential cofactor for both the c-Myc and E1A/E2F oncogenic transcription factor pathways...
- The Myc/Max/Mad network and the transcriptional control of cell behaviorC Grandori
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 16:653-99. 2000The Myc/Max/Mad network comprises a group of transcription factors whose distinct interactions result in gene-specific transcriptional activation or repression...
- Repression of p15INK4b expression by Myc through association with Miz-1P Staller
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumour Research, Emil Mannkopff Strabetae 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 3:392-9. 2001..Myc and Max form a complex with Miz-1 at the p15 initiator and inhibit transcriptional activation by Miz-1...
- Function and regulation of the transcription factors of the Myc/Max/Mad networkB Luscher
Abt Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Institut fur Biochemie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH, Pauwelstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Gene 277:1-14. 2001The members of the Myc/Max/Mad network function as transcriptional regulators...
- Visualization of Myc/Max/Mad family dimers and the competition for dimerization in living cellsAsya V Grinberg
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0650, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:4294-308. 2004..We have visualized the subcellular locations of complexes formed by Myc/Max/Mad family proteins using bimolecular fluorescence complementation (BiFC) analysis...
- Six lysine residues on c-Myc are direct substrates for acetylation by p300Kangling Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:274-80. 2005The c-Myc oncoprotein (Myc) functions as a transcription regulator in association with an obligatory partner, Max, to control cell growth and differentiation...
- Dual regulation of c-Myc by p300 via acetylation-dependent control of Myc protein turnover and coactivation of Myc-induced transcriptionFrancesco Faiola
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10220-34. 2005..oncoprotein (Myc) controls cell fate by regulating gene transcription in association with a DNA-binding partner, Max. While Max lacks a transcription regulatory domain, the N terminus of Myc contains a transcription activation ..
- Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiationP J Hurlin
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
EMBO J 14:5646-59. 1995The basic helix-loop-helix-leucine zipper (bHLHZip) protein Max associates with members of the Myc family, as well as with the related proteins Mad (Mad1) and Mxi1...
- Rox, a novel bHLHZip protein expressed in quiescent cells that heterodimerizes with Max, binds a non-canonical E box and acts as a transcriptional repressorG Meroni
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine TIGEM, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, Milan, Italy
EMBO J 16:2892-906. 1997..leucine zipper domain (bHLHZip) and bind DNA at the E box (CANNTG) consensus by forming heterodimers with Max. We report the isolation, characterization and mapping of a human gene and its mouse homolog encoding a new member ..
- Mlx, a new Max-like bHLHZip family member: the center stage of a novel transcription factors regulatory pathway?G Meroni
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 19:3266-77. 2000..encode central regulators of mammalian cell proliferation and apoptosis, and they associate with the bHLHZip protein Max to bind specific DNA sequences and regulate the expression of genes important for cell cycle progression...
- Transcription enhancer factor 1 interacts with a basic helix-loop-helix zipper protein, Max, for positive regulation of cardiac alpha-myosin heavy-chain gene expressionM P Gupta
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:3924-36. 1997..In this study, we report that two factors, TEF-1 and a basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper protein, Max, bind to the alpha-MHC EM motif...
- X-ray structures of Myc-Max and Mad-Max recognizing DNA. Molecular bases of regulation by proto-oncogenic transcription factorsSatish K Nair
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 112:193-205. 2003X-ray structures of the basic/helix-loop-helix/leucine zipper (bHLHZ) domains of Myc-Max and Mad-Max heterodimers bound to their common DNA target (Enhancer or E box hexanucleotide, 5'-CACGTG-3') have been determined at 1.9 A and 2...
- Targeting of Miz-1 is essential for Myc-mediated apoptosisJagruti H Patel
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3283-9. 2006....
- The bovine herpesvirus 1 immediate-early protein (bICP0) associates with histone deacetylase 1 to activate transcriptionY Zhang
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Center for Biotechnology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68503, USA
J Virol 75:9571-8. 2001..with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), which results in activation of a simple promoter containing four consensus Myc-Max binding sites...
- Osmotic effectors in kidneys of xeric and mesic rodents: corticomedullary distributions and changes with water availabilityP H Yancey
Biology Department, Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington 99362
J Comp Physiol B 158:369-80. 1988..In Peromyscus, all osmolytes except the polyols declined in diuresis (max. 78 h test period)...
- In vivo and in vitro evidence of altered nitric oxide metabolism in the spontaneously diabetic, insulin-dependent BB/Edinburgh ratR M Lindsay
Metabolic Unit, Western General Hospitals NHS Trust, Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 120:1-6. 1997..1 +/- 3.2 mmHg) BB/E rats. There was no significant difference in maximal response above basal perfusion pressure (MAX) or pEC50, defined as the negative log of the agonist concentration required to give 50% of the maximal response ..
- [Molecular epidemiology of meningococcal meningitis in Mali: isolation of a new class 1 protein variant (P1.y)]B Koumare
Institut National de Recherche en Sante Publique, Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Bamako, Mali
Bull World Health Organ 74:375-9. 1996..SDS-PAGE and transfer to nitrocellulose membrane for immunoblotting with monoclonal antibodies produced at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics. For serogroup A, the class 1 protein types found were P1...
- Effect of swimming on vascular reactivity to phenylephrine and KC1 in male ratsC Jansakul
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Br J Pharmacol 115:587-94. 1995..were shifted to the left with an increase in maximum responses and they were no longer significantly different (max. tension, swimming rats: 3.2 +/- 0.3 g, n = 6, control rats: 3.4 +/- 0.4 g, n = 5). 4...
- Renal depressor mechanisms of physical training in patients with essential hypertensionK Kohno
Department of Internal Medicine III, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:859-68. 1997..function (BSI) before and after a 3-week exercise training program (four 6-min sessions daily at 75% VO2 max)...
- A novel transrepression pathway of c-Myc. Recruitment of a transcriptional corepressor complex to c-Myc by MM-1, a c-Myc-binding proteinA Satou
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:46562-7. 2001..complex have been identified, a transrepression pathway had been identified only from the C-proximal region via Max and Mad that recruit the histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex...
- Cervical root compression monitoring by flexor carpi radialis H-reflex in healthy subjectsM Sabbahi
School of Physical Therapy, Texas Woman s University, Houston, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:137-41. 1999..5 msec; 0.2 pulses per second [pps] at H-max), whereas the flexor carpi radialis muscle H-reflex was recorded by electromyography...
- Identification of a Brazil-nut allergen in transgenic soybeansJ A Nordlee
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 68583 0919, USA
N Engl J Med 334:688-92. 1996BACKGROUND. The nutritional quality of soybeans (Glycine max) is compromised by a relative deficiency of methionine in the protein fraction of the seeds...
- Aerobic and anaerobic bacterial interactions in the development of anaerobic bacterial pneumoniaJ Goto
Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 66:1660-9. 1992..those induced by either microbe alone, and the redox potentials at the foci of inflammation were markedly reduced (max: -330 mV)...
- Molecular evolution of vertebrate visual pigmentsS Yokoyama
Biological Research Laboratories, Department of Biology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Prog Retin Eye Res 19:385-419. 2000..it is essential to establish correlations between a series of the sequences of visual pigments and their lambda(max) values...
- The nature of the primary photochemical events in rhodopsin and isorhodopsinR R Birge
Department of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213
Biophys J 53:367-85. 1988..The oscillator strength of the lambda max absorption band of I is observed to be anomalously large (1.11) relative to the lambda max absorption bands of R (0...
- The haemodynamic actions of ZENECA ZD7288, a novel sino-atrial node function modulator, in the exercising beagle: a comparison with zatebradine and propranololW Rouse
Vascular Inflammatory and Musculoskeletal Research Department, Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire
Br J Pharmacol 113:1071-7. 1994..5. Cardiac inotropism, as indicated by dPLv/dt max, was not affected by ZD7288 or zatebradine at rest,although the inotropic response to exercise decreased in ..
- [Evaluation of hemodynamic significance of arteriovenous coronary fistulas: diagnostic integration of coronary angiography and stress/rest myocardial scintigraphy]G Rubini
Cattedra di Medicina Nucleare, Universita degli Studi, Bari
Radiol Med 100:453-8. 2000....
- High-performance capillary electrophoresis for characterization of hapten-protein conjugates used for production of antibodies against soyasaponin IH Frøkiaer
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby
J Chromatogr A 680:437-45. 1994..and soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.]...
- Dynamics of cardiorespiratory function in Standardbred horses during different intensities of constant-load exerciseD L Evans
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
J Comp Physiol B 157:791-9. 1988..Horses were exercised at approximately 50%, 75% and 100% maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max) for 5 min and measurements taken every 30 s throughout exercise...
- Werner Ernst Reichardt Ph.D: founder of modern computational visual neurophysiology and anti-Nazi resistance fighterJ T Flynn
The Department of Ophthalmology, Harkness Eye Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York 10032, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 99:225-36. 1999..Following graduation from the Technische Hochschule Charlottenburg, he did a fellowship at CalTech under Max DelbrÃ¼ck...
- Assessment of the bioequivalence of two formulations of clarithromycin extended-release 500-mg tablets under fasting and fed conditions: a single-dose, randomized, open-label, two-period, two-way crossover study in healthy Jordanian male volunteersBashar A AlKhalidi
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Clin Ther 30:1831-43. 2008....
- [Effect of rehabilitation after myocardial infarction on muscular metabolism. Contribution of phosphorus 31 NMR spectroscopy]Y Cottin
Centre de cardiologie clinique et interventionnelle, CHU,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:759-65. 1994..was observed between the improvement of the peripheral parameters (PCr/PCr + Pi) and the increase in VO2 max (r = 0.757, p < 0.01)...
- [Long-term hemodynamic function of the transplanted heart]E Tatou
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, , Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:703-9. 2000..During left heart catheterisation, cardiac output, mean aortic pressure, the ejection fraction, the dp/dt max of the left ventricular wall, systemic arterial resistances and left ventricular end diastolic pressures were ..
- C-reactive protein and paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: evidence of the implication of an inflammatory process in paroxysmal atrial fibrillationJ Dernellis
Department of Cardiology, Vostanion Hospital, Mytilini, Greece
Acta Cardiol 56:375-80. 2001..CRP levels were higher (P<0.001) in the PAF group (median = 0.80, min = 0.00, max = 5.90 mg/dl) compared with controls (median = 0.04, min = 0.00, max = 0.48 mg/dl)...
- Effect of cyclopiazonic acid, an inhibitor of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase, on the frequency-dependence of the contraction-relaxation cycle of the guinea-pig isolated atriumN J Yard
Cardiovascular Biology Research Department, Ciba Geigy Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Br J Pharmacol 113:1001-7. 1994..The frequency-dependence of developed tension, + dr/dtmax and dT/dt max was shifted downwards, particularly at higher frequencies, and the frequency at which peak values of+ dT/dtmax and -..
- A simulator study of friction in total replacement hip jointsV Saikko
Laboratory of Machine Design, Helsinki University of Technology, Espoo, Finland
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 206:201-11. 1992..02), whereas that of non-ion-implanted titanium alloy Ti-6Al-4V against UHMWPE proved strikingly poor (mu max was 0.15)...
- Pressure-heart rate responses to alpha-adrenergic stimulation and hormonal regulation in normotensive patients with obstructive sleep apneaD Maillard
Service d'Explorations Fonctionnelles, , Colombes, France
Am J Hypertens 10:24-31. 1997..05) and Vp significantly lower (P < .05) in OSA patients. Night maximum concentration of ANP (max ANP) was negatively related to AHI (P < .05). P-HRR was negatively related to AHI (P < ...
- [Metabolic aspects of hemodynamic behavior in left ventricular hypertrophy by 13C NMR]J F Viallard
, INSERM, Bordeaux
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1123-7. 1993..Myocardial compliance and contractility (left ventricular end diastolic pressure (LVEDP), +dP/dt max, +dP/dt max normalized to developed pressure (+dP/dt max/DEVP)) were estimated on Langendorff isolated perfused ..
- [Functional effects of different training in patients with COPD]G Würtemberger
Abteilung für Innere Medizin Pneumologie, Reha Zentrum Reichshof, Reichshof Eckenhagen
Pneumologie 55:553-62. 2001..minute exercise sessions without (P1 - P3) or with supplemental oxygen (P4 - P6) on a calibrated ergocycle (70 % W(max)) or three weekly sessions of 20 - 25 repetitions of 2 - 4 training series (40 % W(max)) or a combination of both...
- [Effects of perindopril on left ventricular hypertrophy, coronary reserve and mechanical properties of the papillary muscle of the rat with renovascular arterial hypertension]P Gosse
, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire de Bordeaux, Pessac
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:905-10. 1987..CR (C): minimal coronary resistance after carbochrome (mmHg/ml/min/100 mg); DL/Dt: peak velocity of shortening at L max preload; Vrelax: peak velocity of relaxation; THR: time of half relaxation; p less than 0.05; p less than 0...
- The influence of bladder volume on the position and mobility of the urethrovesical junctionH P Dietz
Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 10:3-6. 1999..6 +/- 0.4 cm, max. cap. 2.5 +/- 0.4 cm; P = 0.003) and it descended further with the Valsalva maneuver (50 ml: 1.9 +/- 1.2 cm, max...
- Spectral and polarized light sensitivity of photoreceptors in the compound eye of the cricket (Gryllus bimaculatus)F Zufall
J Comp Physiol A 164:597-608. 1989..Three spectral types, with S(lambda)-curves close to the rhodopsin-absorption functions, were found with lambda max at 332 nm (UV), 445 nm (blue) and 515 nm (green), respectively...
- Promoter activity associated with the left inverted terminal repeat of the killer plasmid k1 from yeastX J Chen
Institut Curie, Section de Biologie, Orsay, France
Biochimie 73:1195-203. 1991..It is not known whether Pk1 can also function bidirectionally on the natural k1 plasmid. The possible functions of Pk1 for killer plasmid gene expression and plasmid replication are discussed...
- [Study of flow-dependent vasodilation of the femoral artery in hypertensive and normal subjects]X Girerd
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:1075-9. 1991..3 to 12.5 +/- 2.4 cm/s in NT) and returned to control level at the 3rd min. Diastolic diameter (Dd) increased (max: 2nd min) in NT (9.3 +/- 0.8 vs 8.8 +/- 0.9 mm; p less than 0.001) and in HT (9.5 +/- 1.2 vs 8.4 +/- 1...
- [Quantitative analysis of systolic function of the right ventricule by Doppler echocardiography]L Vaur
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 84:89-93. 1991..parameters of the rate of velocity increase of the tricuspid regurgitation; the maximum rate of acceleration (dV/dt max), the maximum derivative of the pressure (dP/dt max) and the mean rate of increase in pressure (T)...
- GLUT1 is adequate for glucose uptake in GLUT2-deficient insulin-releasing beta-cellsY Liang
The Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Diabetes Research Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6015, USA
Horm Metab Res 29:255-60. 1997..exchange conditions, 3-O-methylglucose transport in these two cell lines showed similar values of K(m) and V(max)...
- [Clinical experience with the Apnea Check System in screening for sleep apnea]R Finke
, Abt. Pneumologie, Freiburg
Pneumologie 47:119-21. 1993..The PS-measured values: apnoea index (AI), maximal duration of apnoea (A max) and mean duration of apnoea (A mean) were taken to be equal to 100% and the AC-measured values were referred to ..
- Six months clinical, angiographic, and IVUS follow-up after PTFE graft stent implantation in native coronary arteriesG Lukito
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center Hasselt, Virga Jesse Hospital, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 55:255-60. 2000..Mean balloon size was 3.7 mm diameter, and mean inflation pressure was 18 atm (min. 12, max. 23). Additional stenting was needed in 3 patients...
- Bioequivalence and pharmacokinetic comparison of two mycophenolate mofetil formulations in healthy Chinese male volunteers: an open-label, randomized-sequence, single-dose, two-way crossover studyQian Zhang
Pharmaceutical Department, First Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Clin Ther 32:171-8. 2010..Considering the effect of racial differences and genetic factors on the pharmacokinetic (PK) properties of drugs, it is necessary to study them in Chinese populations...
- Acetylcholine receptor: channel-opening kinetics evaluated by rapid chemical kinetic and single-channel current measurementsJ B Udgaonkar
Section of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
Biophys J 52:873-83. 1987..activation), phi (channel closing equilibrium constant), J (specific reaction rate for ion flux), and alpha max (maximum inactivation rate constant) of 1 mM, 3.4, 4 x 10(7) M-1 s-1, and 12 s-1, respectively...
- [Cardiopulmonary exercise evaluation: value and influence of the use of a ramp protocol versus triangular protocol]A Grentzinger
Service de cardiologie B, CHU Nancy-Brabois, Vandoeuvre
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1395-400. 1994..consisting of a very small but rapid increase in load (2 watts/12 seconds) for direct measurement of the VO2 max. Eighteen sedentary healthy subjects were in Group I (16 men, mean age 29 +/- 6 years) and 10 men with chronic ..
- Electrophysiological subtypes of inhibitory P1 purinoceptors on myenteric neurones of guinea-pig small bowelF L Christofi
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210
Br J Pharmacol 113:703-10. 1994..the A1 agonist, CCPA or the mixed A1-A2 agonist, NECA, suppressed excitability by reducing input resistance (40-50% max.) and causing hyperpolarization (20-25 mV max.). CGS 21680 (0...
- [Comparison of anterior rhinomanometry and impulse oscillometry in nasal provocation with histamine]W Randerath
, Allergologie und Schlafmedizin, Klinik Ambrock, Hagen
Pneumologie 52:97-103. 1998..METHOD: 20 patients (13 m, 7 f) underwent nasal challenge test using increasing doses of histamine (max. 3.2 mg). Resistance (aR, IOS) and reactance (IOS) were measured parallel...
- Evaluation of the use of an integration-type laser-Doppler flowmeter with a temperature-loading instrument for measuring skin blood flow in elderly subjects during cooling load: comparison with younger subjectsYoshinao Nagashima
Research Laboratories, Kao Corporation, 1 3, Bunka 2 chome, Sumida ku, Tokyo, 131 8501 Japan
Int J Biometeorol 47:139-47. 2003..C (Delta t(s)), (6) maximum skin blood flow during the period from the end of cooling to the end of measurement ( F(max)), (7) slope of the blood flow plot during the period from F(min) to F(max) ( S(rise)), (8) rate of decrease of the ..
- [Positive inotropic and lusitropic effect of RP 62719, a new class III antiarrhythmia agent]J P Beregi
, , Loa-Ensta, Palaiseau
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:263-9. 1994..was demonstrated by an increase in negative peak of derivative per mm2-dF/s and maximum lengthening velocity VR max (p < 0.01)...
- Sex differences in 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA; ecstasy)-induced cytochrome P450 2D6 inhibition in humansSamanta Yubero-Lahoz
Human Pharmacology and Clinical Neurosciences Research Group, Neuropsychopharmacology Program, IMIM Hospital del Mar Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Pharmacokinet 50:319-29. 2011..These data were compared with the data obtained from a previous study in male subjects...
- Solitary eosinophilic granuloma of the calvariaF Puzzilli
Department of Neurological Sciences, Second Chair of Neurosurgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Tumori 84:712-6. 1998..3 yrs, max. 8 yrs)...
- Modification of spectral sensitivities by screening pigments in the compound eyes of twilight-active fireflies (Coleoptera: Lampyridae)A B Lall
Thomas C Jenkins Department of Biophysics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218
J Comp Physiol A 162:23-33. 1988..high sensitivity existed only in the short wavelength region (near-UV and blue) with a maximum in the blue (lambda max 435 nm) (Fig. 4). 3...
- [Value and role of echo-Doppler in the screening of renovascular hypertension. A prospective study of 144 arteries with reference to angiography]P Chirossel
Laboratoire d'explorations fonctionnelles vasculaires, , Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1237-40. 1993..When the exploration is complete, maximum systolic frequency (F max) recorded on the renal artery course, and the systolic frequency ratio of renal and aortic recordings (RAR) are two ..
- [Effects of alpha adrenergic stimulation on the mechanical properties of the myocardium]A I el Amrani
INSERM U 275, , , Palaiseau
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1751-5. 1990..The maximal velocity of contraction (max Vc) and relaxation (max Vr) were calculated during isotonic contraction with preload only at L max...
- Cholecystokinin octapeptide improves cardiac function by activating cholecystokinin octapeptide receptor in endotoxic shock ratsXiao Yun Zhao
The First Affiliated Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515031, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3405-10. 2005..To explore the effect of sulfated cholecystokinin octapeptide (sCCK-8) on cardiac functions and its receptor mechanism in endotoxic shock (ES) rats...
- Species identification and serotyping (capsular antigen) of Pasteurella strains from sheep flocks in south Germany and in SyriaM Younan
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 270:98-109. 1988..In most cases where multiple samples were examined from one flock, strains with different capsular antigens and/or belonging to different Pasteurella species were isolated (max. 8).
- Elicitor-induced defence reactions in cell suspension cultures of soybean cultivarsK Groten
, , , Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:718-30. 2000Suspension cultured soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) cells of four cultivars (Wilis, Lumut, Kalmit, Doko RC) were compared for their response to different fungal and bacterial elicitors...
- Reconstruction of ionic currents in a molluscan photoreceptorM Sakakibara
Department of Biological Science and Technology, School of High Tecnology for Human Welfare, Tokai University, Shizuoka, Japan
Biophys J 65:519-27. 1993..The fast-activating and inactivating potassium current, IA, was described by the equation; IA(t) = gA(max)(ma infinity[1-exp(-t/tau ma)])3 x (ha infinity [1-exp(-t/tau ha)] + exp(-t/tau ha)) (Vm-EK), where the parameters ..
- [Multiparameter correlative study of respiratory gas exchange during exercise]J G Kayanakis
Clinique cardiologique Paulmy, Bayonne
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:1507-13. 1988..e. VO2 max, VO2 peak, anaerobic threshold, oxygen pulse, VCO2, O2 equivalent and respiratory quotient, alveolar ventilation ..
- [Fitness training during nasal ventilation in diseases limited by dyspnea]M J Schmidt
, Medizinische Klinik, Abteilungen Pneumologie, Beatmungsmedizin und Schlaflabor, Bovenden-Lenglern
Pneumologie 53:S109-12. 1999..demonstrated by arterial hyperkapnia and overloaded respiratory muscles under spontaneous ventilation (P01/P01 max) were adapted to passive noninvasive ventilation (ISB)...
- Cervical spine motion during airway management: a cinefluoroscopic study of the posteriorly destabilized third cervical vertebrae in human cadaversJ Brimacombe
University of Queensland, Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Cairns Base Hospital, Australia
Anesth Analg 91:1274-8. 2000..Afterward, maximum head-neck flexion (FLEX-MAX) and maximum head-neck extension (EXT-MAX) without manual in-line stabilization was performed to determine maximum ..
- [Influence of endothelin-1 and NO on the instant change in cardiac function of rats at early stage of severe burn]Bai Xing Li
Institute of Burn Research, Southwest Hospital, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 26:14-7. 2010..To explore whether endothelin-1 and NO are involved in the instant changes in cardiac function at early stage of severe burn...
- [Effects of angiotensin II on intrinsic contractibility of the myocardium in the guinea pig]A I el Amrani
INSERM U-275, , ENSTA-Ecole Polytechnique,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:1587-92. 1992..4, under low load (isotonic conditions) and high load (isometric conditions). The maximum velocity of contraction (max Vc) and relaxation (max Vr) were calculated from isotonic contraction having as its only load that corresponding to ..
- [Captopril test for detecting renal artery stenosis: changes in plasma renin concentration]D Stephan
Service d'Hypertension et Maladies Vasculaires, , , Strasbourg
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1249-52. 1993..The active renin before the test (basal AR), the greater increase in active renin after captopril (max AR), the difference between max AR and basal AR (DIF) and the active renin relative change after the test (RC) were ..
- Toxicokinetics of bisphenol A in rats, monkeys and chimpanzees by the LC-MS/MS methodToshikazu Tominaga
Kumamoto Primates Research Park, Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusyo Co, Ltd, 990 Ohtao, Misumi Machi, Uki Shi, Kumamoto 869 3201, Japan
Toxicology 226:208-17. 2006..After oral administration at 10 mg/kg, the maximum concentration in the serum (C(max)) and the area under the serum concentration curve (AUC) of BPA in cynomolgus monkeys and chimpanzees were greater ..
- Lunotriquetral arthrodesis. A controversial procedureG R Sennwald
Chirurgie St Leonhard, St Gallen, Switzerland
J Hand Surg Br 20:755-60. 1995..The relief of pain was significant (P < 0.001) and the median Culp (1993) wrist score obtained 74 (min. 45, max. 96); however, only one patient was totally free of pain and seven men had to change their occupations...
- [Role of right-to-left atrial shunt in exercise tolerance of patients with Ebstein anomaly]J M Lupoglazoff
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:631-6. 1999..4 +/- 2%, with no difference between the two groups. On the other hand, oxygen saturation at peak VO2 (VO2 max) was 90 +/- 9.5%, significantly lower in group 1 than in group 2 (85.7 +/- 2.2% vs 98.2 +/- 1.2%; p = 0.03)...
- Effect of killer toxin K1 on yeast membrane potential reported by the diS-C3(3) probe reflects strain- and physiological state-dependent variationsM Eminger
Institute of Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 44:283-8. 1999..phase of probe uptake retardation is followed by an irreversible red shift in probe fluorescence maximum lambda max indicating damage to membrane integrity and cell permeabilization...
- [Not Available]M Weyer von Schoultz
Institut fur Geschichte der Medizin, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf
Ber Wiss 21:231-6. 1998..Most of the Hygienists followed the theory developed by Max von Pettenkofer, the first German professor of Hygiene, that the soiling was the causing factor of most of the ..
- Effects of spontaneous heating on forage protein fractions and in situ disappearance kinetics of crude protein for alfalfa-orchardgrass hays packaged in large round balesW K Coblentz
USDA ARS, US Dairy Forage Research Center, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:1148-69. 2010..When maximum internal bale temperature (MAX) was used as the independent variable, the best regression model was quadratic and the coefficient of determination ..
- An opsin-based photopigment mediates phase shifts of the Bulla circadian pacemakerM E Geusz
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22901
J Comp Physiol A 168:565-70. 1991..the spectral sensitivity of the acute response of the BRNs, a photopigment absorbing maximally near 490 nm (lambda max) was described...
- [Reproducibility of myocardial ischemia induced by atrial stimulation]G Drobinski
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:1463-71. 1988..a reduction in the parameters reflecting myocardial oxygen requirements (maximal left ventricular pressure, dp/dt max, TTI*HR values) was noted, while the signs of ischemia were less pronounced (ST depression decreasing from 2...
- Ca2+ sensitizer superior to catecholamine during myocardial stunning?Katrin Meyer
Research Group Experimental Surgery, Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:326-31. 2008..In the very insufficient ventricle, epinephrine can even become ineffective. Since Ca(2+) sensitizers provide another therapeutic avenue, the effects of epinephrine and levosimendan on postischemic hemodynamics were investigated...
- Vincristine, doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide with and without etoposide in limited small cell lung cancerV Nikkanen
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Acta Oncol 29:421-4. 1990..80 patients with limited disease of small cell lung cancer were randomized to receive either vincristine 1 mg/m2 (max. 2 mg), doxorubicin 50 mg/m2 and cyclophosphamide 750 mg/m2 (VAC) i.v...
- Quantitative analysis and synthesis of the electrokinetic mass transport and adsorption mechanisms of a charged adsorbate in capillary electrochromatography systems employing charged adsorbent particlesB A Grimes
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biochemical Processing Institute, University of Missouri-Rolla, 65409-1230, USA
J Chromatogr A 919:157-79. 2001..zone becomes more dispersed relative to the adsorption zone especially when the value of the parameter gamma2,max, which represents the ratio of the electroosmotic velocity of the mobile liquid phase under retained conditions to ..
- [Evaluation of 90 normal aortic valve prosthesis of the Saint-Jude Medical type by echocardiography]P Maribas
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1653-8. 1990..The transprosthetic pressure gradients G max and G mean were inversely correlated to the size of the prostheses (r = 0.42 and r = 0.45)...
- [Systemic and coronary hemodynamic effects of intravenous nicardipine at rest and in ischemia induced by rapid atrial stimulation]J Berland
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1513-21. 1987..56 +/- 0.65 vs ST1 2.8 +/- 0.48, p less than 0.001; dp/dt max ST2 2143 +/- 369 vs ST1 1874 +/- 301 mmHg/sec, p less than 0.05), reflecting a lower degree of myocardial ischaemia...
- Visual pigments and spectral sensitivity of the diurnal gecko Gonatodes albogularisJ M Ellingson
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712, USA
J Comp Physiol A 177:559-67. 1995..Three classes of visual pigments were identified, with lambda max at about 542, 475, and 362 nm...
- A single-dose, three-period, six-sequence crossover study comparing the bioavailability of solution, suspension, and enteric-coated tablets of magnesium valproate in healthy Mexican volunteers under fasting conditionsGabriel Marcelín-Jiménez
Clinical Pharmacology Research Center, Hospital General de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Ther 31:2002-11. 2009..Valproic acid has been associated with a highly variable intersubject absorptive phase; therefore, magnesium salt (magnesium valproate [MgV]) was developed to diminish variation during enteric absorption...
- [Outcome of Doppler parameters of left ventricular systolic function during atrial stimulation as a function of coronary disease]C Selton-Suty
Service de cardiologie B, CHU Nancy-Brabois,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:1551-6. 1993..atrial pacing on Doppler parameters derived from flow in the left ventricular out flow tract (maximal velocity (V max), velocity-time integral (VTI), mean acceleration of aortic flow (Acc), acceleration force (AF) of the left ..
- Purification and analytical characterization of an anti-CD4 monoclonal antibody for human therapyA H Guse
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, , , Germany
J Chromatogr A 661:13-23. 1994A purification process for the monoclonal anti-CD4 antibody MAX.16H5 was developed on an analytical scale using (NH4)2SO4 precipitation, anion-exchange chromatography on MonoQ or Q-Sepharose, hydrophobic interaction chromatography on ..
- Factors influencing blood concentration of retinol, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin C, and beta-carotene in the French participants of the SU.VI.MAX trialH Faure
Département de Biologie Intégrée Bâtiment B, CHU La Tronche BP, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:706-17. 2006..VI.MAX) study. This article deals with the study's first stage before any supplementation...
- Pharmacokinetic properties and bioequivalence of two compound formulations of 1500 mg ampicillin (1167 mg)/probenecid (333 mg): a randomized-sequence, single-dose, open-label, two-period crossover study in healthy Chinese male volunteersHuizhe Wu
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Clin Ther 32:597-606. 2010..Probenecid acts synergistically by competitively inhibiting an organic anion transporter in renal tubules, increasing the plasma concentrations, and thus extending the plasma elimination t(1/2)...
- An oral yohimbine/L-arginine combination (NMI 861) for the treatment of male erectile dysfunction: a pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and interaction study with intravenous nitroglycerine in healthy male subjectsA F B Kernohan
University Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Western Infirmary, Glasgow G11 6NT, Scotland, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:85-93. 2005..NMI 861 is a combination of 7.7 mg yohimbine tartrate and 6 g l-arginine glutamate. A similar oral combination, which contains the same amount of yohimbine and L-arginine, has been shown to improve erectile function in previous studies...
- Functional adaptation of venous smooth muscle response to vasoconstriction in proximal, distal, and varix segments of varicose veinsJoseph D Raffetto
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:962-71. 2010....
- Differences in bioavailability between 60 mg of nifedipine osmotic push-pull systems after fasted and fed administrationM Anschütz
SocraTec R and D, 61440 Oberursel, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 48:158-70. 2010....
- Role of beta2 adrenergic receptors in human atherosclerotic coronary arteriesEmanuele Barbato
Division of Cardiology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Circulation 111:288-94. 2005..This study aimed at assessing the role of beta2-ARs in normal, mildly atherosclerotic, and stenotic human coronary arteries...
- O3 flux-related responsiveness of photosynthesis, respiration, and stomatal conductance of adult Fagus sylvatica to experimentally enhanced free-air O3 exposureM Low
Ecophysiology of Plants, Technische Universitat Munchen, Am Hochanger 13, 85354 Freising, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 9:197-206. 2007..Gas exchange (light-saturated CO(2) uptake rate A(max), stomatal conductance g (s), maximum rate of carboxylation Vc (max), ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate turnover limited ..
- Exercise and Brain Function Using fMRIVALERIE GRIFFETH; Fiscal Year: 2013..use this approach to examine the effects of two levels of exercise (maximal exertion and 20 minutes at 60% of VO2 max) on blood flow and oxygen metabolism...
- Computer/Electrical EngineeringTheodore Raphan; Fiscal Year: 2011..B. Mouse Physiological, Neuroanatomic and Molecular Biological Studies (Yakushin/ Holstein/ Sealfon/Margolskee/Max/Bedrich/Cohen/Sclafani/Raphan): 1...
- Impact of Exercise and Engagement on Cognition in Older AdultsDENISE CORTIS PARK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Besides measuring VO2-Max, we will measure cerebral hypoperfusion, blood vessel reactivity, and arterial stiffness so that we will have ..
- ROBERT LEE NEWTON; Fiscal Year: 2015..The target exercise intensity is 50-70% of VO2 max (aerobic) and 50-80% of 1RM (strength)...
- MicroMax-002+ X-ray GeneratorCHARLES DAVID STOUT; Fiscal Year: 2010..MicroMax-002+ sealed tube microfocus X-ray source coupled with a high performance Confocal Max-Flux optic that produces a monochromatic, focused X-ray beam with flux 3X greater than the existing RU200 rotating ..
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Rainer Landgraf from Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry will train me in the radioimmunoassay technique developed in his laboratory, which ..
- Regulation of apoptosis by PI 3-kinase/Akt signalingGeoffrey M Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..regions combined with chromatin immunoprecipitation assays indicate that FOXO, NF[unreadable]B and Myc/Mad/Max transcription factors play major roles in regulation of these genes...
- Neil Kaplowitz; Fiscal Year: 2016..Current projects include studies of: a) farnesoid X receptor, bile acids and liver regeneration;b) the role of Myc-max and Mnt-max in regulation of p53 and cyclin D1 by toxic bile acid;c) salvage of short bowel syndrome by tissue ..
- BRIAN THOMAS BATEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..the medication?" The study will be performed using a pregnancy cohort obtained from the Medicaid Analytic Extract (MAX), a large population-based claims database. Using this dataset, we have developed a cohort of over 1...
- REBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2016..in humanized mice, including using injection of recombinant saliva proteins (9 total) and overexpression of some (4 max.) of these saliva proteins, in engineered mosquitoes...
- MYC ONCOPROTEIN FUNCTIONROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..protein is a bHLHZ class transcription factor which binds DNA through dimerization with the small bHLHZ protein, Max. Myc is but one of several bHLHZ proteins (including the Mad family) which interact with Max and together comprise ..
- Pre-existing Diabetes and PregnancyCaitlin A Knox; Fiscal Year: 2013..Data sources will include the Medicaid Analytic eXtract (MAX) database and the National Vital Birth Certificate Records (BCR) for Florida, Texas, New York, and Illinois from ..
- Xiang Jin Meng; Fiscal Year: 2016..By completing this project, we expect to identify the viral determinant(s) for HEV host range and pathogenicity and delineate the role of ISG15 in anti-HEV response. ..
- ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Myc-nick lacks a Max dimerization domain and nuclear localization sequences...
- Design and synthesis of novel anticonvulsant molecules.Rajesh Kumar Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2011..Initial studies, conducted in the laboratory of Dr. Max Baker at the University of Iowa, showed that substitution at the para position of propofol, a commonly used ..
- Linda F Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2016..They will also receive feedback and mentoring from an outstanding External Advisory Committee comprised of Drs. Max Cooper (Chair), Nicholas Dysan, Eric Olson, and Patricia Hunt, The Junior Investigators will be supported by four ..
- Archiving Datasets of the Brain &Aging Research ProgramPerminder S Sachdev; Fiscal Year: 2012..aged 95+ years of age which began in 2008 and collects information from its participants on a 6 monthly basis (max. 3 assessments)...
- Role of the SCF/FBX011 ubiquitin ligase in the control of cell proliferationMichele Pagano; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mario Rossi, a Group Leader at the BioMedicine Institute of Buenos Aires-CONICET-Partner Institute of the Max Planck Society in Argentina, the low- to middle-income countries (LMIC) site associated with this application, ..
- THEMISTOCLES LEONARD ASSIMES; Fiscal Year: 2014..current physical activity, and a symptom limited cardiopulmonary stress test to estimate maximum oxygen uptake (max VO2)...
- Emergence of developmental and genomic complexity in a basal vertebrateMarianne Bronner; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, evidence for immunoglobulins was evasive. Finally, in 2004, Max Cooper and colleagues discovered that the lamprey lack immunoglobulins but rather employ an altogether different ..
- Novel estrogen receptor ligands from plant genomicsJohn M Littleton; Fiscal Year: 2012..ERalpha/GFP, and in phase 2 we propose initially to apply this approach to hairy root cultures of Glycine max (soybean - known to contain high levels of ER ligands) and Cacalia plantaginea (a native plantain with high levels ..
- Theodore S Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2016..Dr. Max Wicha, the founding Director of the Cancer Center, continues to serve as Director, supported by a strong, ..
- Mechanisms of the Adenovirus E4-ORF1 OncoproteinRonald T Javier; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Multi-source clinical Question Answering systemGuergana Savova; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>max 2-3 sentences) Clinical question answering (cQA) systems focus on the physician needs usually at the point of care, ..
- STEVE RUGGLES; Fiscal Year: 2016..Collaborators include leading researchers from the University of Minnesota and the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, and local experts from each of the participating countries...
- Seema Khurana; Fiscal Year: 2016..tissue microarray resources namely, a cohort of 334 clinical trial specimens from patients enrolled in phase III MAX trial and a tissue microarray (TMA) of 29 matched primary and metastatic colon tumor specimens...
- Microtubule Polymerization and Depolymerization Mechanisms by Conserved ProteinsJAWDAT MH AL BASSAM; Fiscal Year: 2010..using microscopy methodologies in collaberation with the laboratories of Anthony A Hyman and Jonathan Howard at the Max Planck institute in Germany...
- Structure-based design of novel low molecular weight c-Myc inhibitorsEDWARD VICTOR PROCHOWNIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..c-Myc is a bHLH-ZIP transcription factor whose dimerization with another bHLH-ZIP protein, Max, is necessary for transformation and all other biological activities...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A FIRST-IN-CLASS TARGETED FIBRINOLYTIC FOR POST-SURGICAL THROMBOPRRonald Carnemolla; Fiscal Year: 2013..no bleeding predisposition) at MED in a post- operative model;(3) the duration of antithrombotic effect at 1/2 max dose...
- Discovery of small molecule inhibitors of c-Myc/Mac dimerization and DNA bindingRichard A Young; Fiscal Year: 2012..is a helix-loop-helix transcription factor that drives a proliferative cell state by forming a heterodimer with Max, binding sequence-specific DNA elements and stimulating transcription of proliferation-associated genes...
- Xingde Li; Fiscal Year: 2015..6 x 1.6 mm) and an extremely low drive voltage (10V max) to achieve rapid 2D raster beam scanning and real-time focus tracking...
- Peter M Glazer; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mechanistically, our initial studies have linked the Myc/Max network of transcription factors to the regulation of MLH1 and MSH2 expression and the E2F family of factors to the ..
- Comparative Effectiveness and Safety of Depression Treatments during PregnancySonia Hernandez-Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Within the Medicaid Analytic eXtract (MAX), a large population-based claims database linkable to additional obstetrical, birth, and psychiatric records, we ..
- Characterizing the Role of MYC-MAX Complexes in TORC1/MAML2-mediated OncogenesisANTONIO LUIGI AMELIO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The deregulation of these target genes is believed to cause tumorigenesis. The MAX network, however, regulates genes involved in cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and metabolism and ..
- Directed Evolution of Peptide Inhibitors of Myc-Max Dimerization (PQ18)ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through this basic-helix-loop-helix-zipper (bHLHZip) domain, Myc forms highly specific heterodimers with Max. Myc-Max heterodimers bind ~15% of genomic loci, often resulting in transactivation of genes involved in cellular ..
- JOSE MARIO WOLOSIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..globally and usually referred as master or cell fate genes (PAX6, MEIS1, SIX1, MSX1, HES1 ID1, the MXD1/MAX system controlling MYC activity) contribute to cell stemness in the limbal epithelium...
- Outbreak detection:combinatorial tests for small samplesSCOTT D FERSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..discrete scan, (3) the visitors test, (4) range-scan, (5) longest run of empty cells, (6) empty cells, (7) variant max test, (8) extreme values, (9) binomial maximum, and (10) hypergeometric maximum...
- Early Aggressive Therapy in Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisCarol Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2009..5 mg/kg/wk;max 40 mg/wk SQ) + dummy etanercept SQ weekly + dummy daily oral prednisone;Arm B = MTX (as in Arm A) + etanercept (0...
- Gregory Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that abnormal strain measures will be more strongly associated with reduced functional capacity (VO2 max) than the standard measure of ejection fraction...
- Optimal & Equitable Care: Medicaid Data Research InfrastructureGEORGE S RUST; Fiscal Year: 2010..have actually purchased (but not yet received) a 100% sample of four years (2004-07) of Medicaid Analytic Extract (MAX-file) data (plus Medicare-linked claims for dual-eligibles) from fourteen southern states, representing 3.8 to 5...
- B Cell Development and FunctionDavid L Woodland; Fiscal Year: 2013..Support is requested for a Keystone Symposia meeting entitled B Cell Development and Function, organized by Max D. Cooper, Andrea Cerutti and Carola G. Vinuesa...
- James A DeCaprio; Fiscal Year: 2016..My laboratory identified LMyc, NMyc, Max as well as the entire, 15-component, Tip60/TRRAP complex in a large-scale immunoprecipitation for MCPyV ST from 2 ..
- Max O'Donnell; Fiscal Year: 2016..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal describes a career development plan and research proposal for Dr. Max O'Donnell, a pulmonologist at Albert Einstein College of Medicine...
- RESPIRATORY DISEASES/BSI STUDYShahin Lockman; Fiscal Year: 2004..She will work with Dr. Max Essex on clinical trials studying approaches to perinatal HIV transmission prevention in Botswana, as well as ..
- Replacement of GC Mass SpectrometerMichael J Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..Routine phospholipid analysis is performed on the TSQ Discovery Max triple quadrupole mass spectrometer interfaced with an updated Agilent 1100 HPLC...
- Thomas L. Petty Conference: Mechanics and Mechanisms of Pulmonary HypertensionTodd M Bull; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dr Seeger serves as chairman of the Lung Center, and Director of the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research and is an internationally recognized expert in the field of pulmonary ..
- Exploring Occupational and Behavioral Risk Factors for Obesity in FirefightersBongKyoo Choi; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, for analyses, the records of the WEFIT medical and fitness exams (Body Mass Indexes, body fat %, VO2 max, blood pressures, and blood lipid profiles) of the participants and archival records of 2004-2011 annual calls by ..
- Shozo Yokoyama; Fiscal Year: 2015..sequences of ~15 ancestral pigments and engineer them and determine their;maxs, 2) infer AA changes that shift the;max, 3) identify the critical AA changes by mutating ancestral pigments, and 4) establish the universal chemical ..
- Kathleen Powis; Fiscal Year: 2016..I will be supported by my co-mentors (Drs. Roger Shapiro and Max Essex), as well as my advisory team (Drs. Shahin Lockman, Michael Hughes, Wafaie Fawzi and Joseph Makhema)...
- Mechanisms of Immune Modulation in JIANORA SINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Project Narrative (3 sentences Max) The work proposed here provides a fundamental mechanistic-translational outlet to the TREAT clinical trial, ..
- Noise Exposure in Subway RidersRobyn R M Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2010..98 hrs/day, for an average of 5 days/week (max 7.0 hrs/day, median 1.75 hrs/day, mode 1.20 hr/day)...
- ANGELA NICOLE KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2015..efforts to develop inhibitors have focused on modulating the interaction between c-Myc and heterodimer partner Max. Recent evidence indicates c-Myc can also function independently of the Myc/Max heterodimer and novel probes of Max-..
- Acquisition of a supercontinuum laser STED microscopeDiego Restrepo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Stefan Hell (Max-Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Gvttingen) solved the problem of the optical diffraction limit with the ..
- DIARRHEAL DISEASE STUDYRoger Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Max Essex at the Harvard AIDS Institute...
- Xanthine oxidase inhibitor for congestive heart failureAlex Nivorozhkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..the classic features of CHF, XO activity is 4-fold increased and the weak XO inhibitor allopurinol increases dP/dt(max), preload-recruitable stroke work, and ventricular elastance...
- DOSE-RESPONSE TO EXERCISE IN WOMEN AGED 45-75 YEARSSteven Blair; Fiscal Year: 2005..All women will exercise at 50 percent of VO2 max. The exercise sessions will take place in the laboratory, with individual supervision of each session and strict ..
- Arthropod vector-based vaccines for leishmaniasisRichard Titus; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is now clear maxadilan (MAX) in the saliva of the sand fly Lutzomyia longipalpis has dual functions: it is a potent vasodilator and also a ..
- RAISE UP- BUILD Planning Grant at Florida Atlantic UniversityJULIE SERVOSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, FAU has partnerships with internationally renowned research institutes: Scripps Research Institute, Max Planck Florida Institute, Vaccine &Gene Therapy Institute, and Torrey pines Institute for Molecular Studies...
- SAND FLY AND TICK SALIVA AND DISEASERichard Titus; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the previous granting period, the sand fly salivary gene was cloned that encodes the protein (Maxadilan or MAX) that augments infection with Leishmania. Immunization with MAX blocks disease-exacerbating effects of MAX in mice...
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry systemAdrian Franke; Fiscal Year: 2005..features (greatest resolution, High Selectivity Reaction Monitoring mode, Accurate Mass option, unique Ion Max source, most robust ion source, widest dynamic range, APCI/APPI combinatorial ionization mode)...
- Archiving and Dissemination of NLTCS Medicaid DataP J ERIC STALLARD; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., the 2004-2009 MDS and OASIS files, and the 2004-2007 MAX files) linked to the NLTCS sample for all participants who were alive anytime in the period 2004-2009...
- C-MYC EXPRESSION AND APOPTOSIS IN B CELLSGAIL SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this application, studies are focused on elucidation of how members of the c-Myc/Max/Mad network exert their affects...
- Carbohydrate-carbohydrate interaction in basic cell biologySen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2006..of mouse teratocarcinoma F9 cells, which mimics compaction of pre-implantation embryo; and (ii) studies by Max Burger and his group on species-specific autoaggregation of marine sponge cells...
- ENERGY EXPENDITURE AND THE INCIDENCE OF OBESITYLinda Bandini; Fiscal Year: 2001..A baseline measures of body composition, resting metabolic rate, total daily energy expenditure, and VO2 max were completed...
- Bradley D Stein; Fiscal Year: 2014..OAT, including the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS), the Medicaid Analytic eXtract (MAX) files, and the Treatment Episode Data Set TEDS...
- Jerry L Prince; Fiscal Year: 2015Project Summary/Abstract (Max 30 lines of text) Image registration is a fundamentally important capability in modern neuroscience and clinical medicine...