Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAPKKK6
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 6
Alias: ASK2, MAPKKK6, MEKK6, mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 6, apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 2
- Sugimoto S, Komatsu H, Morohoshi Y, Kanai T. Recognition of and recent issues in hereditary diffuse gastric cancer. J Gastroenterol. 2015;50:831-43 pubmed publisher..CDH1 testing, including analyses of large genomic rearrangements, should be recommended even in countries where few HDGC cases have been reported. ..
- Imamura K, Yoshitane H, Hattori K, Yamaguchi M, Yoshida K, Okubo T, et al. ASK family kinases mediate cellular stress and redox signaling to circadian clock. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018;115:3646-3651 pubmed publisher..In behavioral analysis, Ask1, Ask2, and Ask3 triple-KO mice exhibited compromised light responses of the circadian period and phase in ..
- Place D, Samir P, Karki R, Briard B, Vogel P, Kanneganti T. ASK Family Kinases Are Required for Optimal NLRP3 Inflammasome Priming. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:1021-1030 pubmed publisher..Single knockouts of either ASK1 or ASK2 showed a partial role for both ASK1 and ASK2 in NLRP3 up-regulation in response to lipopolysaccharide or B...
- Almasi R, Miller W, Ziegler Graff V. Mild and severe cereal yellow dwarf viruses differ in silencing suppressor efficiency of the P0 protein. Virus Res. 2015;208:199-206 pubmed publisher..Finally both P0(CY-RPV) and P0(CY-RPS) interacted in yeast cells with ASK2, a component of an E3-ubiquitin ligase, with distinct affinities.
- Wang X, Diener K, Tan T, Yao Z. MAPKKK6, a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase, that associates with MAPKKK5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;253:33-7 pubmed..to contain all 11 kinase subdomains and shares 45% amino acid identity with MAPKKK5 and thus is designated MAPKKK6. The interaction of MAPKKK6 with MAPKKK5 in vivo was confirmed by coexpression of MAPKKK5 and MAPKKK6 in 293 ..
- Ryuno H, Naguro I, Kamiyama M. ASK family and cancer. Adv Biol Regul. 2017;66:72-84 pubmed publisher..that respond to various types of stressors are apoptosis signal-regulating kinase (ASK) family members; ASK1, ASK2 and ASK3...
- Liu T, Zhou H, Min W. ASK family in cardiovascular biology and medicine. Adv Biol Regul. 2017;66:54-62 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase (ASK) family members ASK1, ASK2 and ASK3 are the key molecules in MAPK signal cascades and are activated by various stresses...
- Okazaki T, Higuchi M, Takeda K, Iwatsuki Horimoto K, Kiso M, Miyagishi M, et al. The ASK family kinases differentially mediate induction of type I interferon and apoptosis during the antiviral response. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra78 pubmed publisher..In contrast, we found that the MAPKKK ASK2, a modulator of ASK1 signaling, was essential for ASK1-dependent apoptosis, but not for inducing IFNB expression...
- Federspiel J, Codreanu S, Palubinsky A, Winland A, Betanzos C, McLaughlin B, et al. Assembly Dynamics and Stoichiometry of the Apoptosis Signal-regulating Kinase (ASK) Signalosome in Response to Electrophile Stress. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2016;15:1947-61 pubmed publisher..stable isotope dilution assays to quantify protein stoichiometry in the ASK signalosome complex and identified ASK2 at a 1:1 stoichiometric ratio with ASK1 and 14-3-3 proteins (YWHAQ, YWHAB, YWHAH, and YWHAE) collectively at a 0...
- Cockrell L, Puckett M, Goldman E, Khuri F, Fu H. Dual engagement of 14-3-3 proteins controls signal relay from ASK2 to the ASK1 signalosome. Oncogene. 2010;29:822-30 pubmed publisher..a novel mechanism controlling signal relay between two MAP3Ks, apoptosis signal-regulating kinase (ASK) 1 and ASK2. We show that ASK2 specifically interacts with 14-3-3 proteins through phosphorylated S964...
- Nishida T, Hattori K, Watanabe K. The regulatory and signaling mechanisms of the ASK family. Adv Biol Regul. 2017;66:2-22 pubmed publisher..1 (ASK1) was identified as a MAP3K that activates the JNK and p38 pathways, and subsequent studies have reported ASK2 and ASK3 as members of the ASK family...
- Liu X, Zhang P, Ji K, Zhang J, Yang S, Du B, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulates MAPK/ERK signaling in the skin of mice. Acta Histochem. 2018;120:15-21 pubmed publisher..Given that MAP3K6 was inhibited in two directions, this mechanism can provide insight into the contributions of the MAPK/ERK pathway to the inhibition of melanin production. ..
- Morita K, Saitoh M, Tobiume K, Matsuura H, Enomoto S, Nishitoh H, et al. Negative feedback regulation of ASK1 by protein phosphatase 5 (PP5) in response to oxidative stress. EMBO J. 2001;20:6028-36 pubmed..PP5 inhibited not only H(2)O(2)-induced sustained activation of ASK1 but also ASK1-dependent apoptosis. Thus, PP5 appears to act as a physiological inhibitor of ASK1-JNK/p38 pathways by negative feedback. ..