Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAPK11
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase 11
Alias: P38B, P38BETA2, PRKM11, SAPK2, SAPK2B, p38-2, p38Beta, MAP kinase 11, MAP kinase p38 beta, MAPK 11, mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 beta, mitogen-activated protein kinase p38-2, stress-activated protein kinase 2, stress-activated protein kinase 2b, stress-activated protein kinase-2, stress-activated protein kinase-2b
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of the structure and function of a new mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38beta)Y Jiang
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 271:17920-6. 1996..Here we characterize a new MAP kinase, p38beta. p38beta is a 372-amino acid protein most closely related to p38...
- Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1 (MSK1) is directly activated by MAPK and SAPK2/p38, and may mediate activation of CREBM Deak
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Departments of Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, University of Dundee, Scotland
EMBO J 17:4426-41. 1998..MSK1 is activated in vitro by MAPK2/ERK2 or SAPK2/p38...
- Differential induction of interleukin-10 in monocytes by HIV-1 clade B and clade C Tat proteinsJustine K Wong
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 285:18319-25. 2010..Moreover, we show that p38alpha/p38beta and phosphoinositide 3-kinase are crucial to Tat-induced IL-10 production...
- Activation of p38 alpha MAPK enhances collagenase-1 (matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1) and stromelysin-1 (MMP-3) expression by mRNA stabilizationNiina Reunanen
Centre for Biotechnology and Department of Medicinal Biochemistry, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:32360-8. 2002..It is conceivable that both modes of action play an important role in controlling the proteolytic phenotype of fibroblasts, e.g. in wound repair and tumor invasion...
- Phosphorylation of c-Fos by members of the p38 MAPK family. Role in the AP-1 response to UV lightTamara Tanos
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, IFIBYNE CONICET, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Biol Chem 280:18842-52. 2005..Thus, these newly described pathways act concomitantly with the activation of c-Jun by JNK/MAPKs, thereby contributing to the complexity of AP1-driven gene transcription regulation...
- Soluble fractalkine prevents monocyte chemoattractant protein-1-induced monocyte migration via inhibition of stress-activated protein kinase 2/p38 and matrix metalloproteinase activitiesSebastien Vitale
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 364, Institut Federatif de Recherche 50, Faculte de Medecine, Avenue de Valombrose, 06107 Nice Cedex 02, France
J Immunol 172:585-92. 2004..In this study, we found that stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK)1/c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 and SAPK2/p38 are involved in the control of MCP-1-induced MonoMac6 cell migration...
- Conversion of SB 203580-insensitive MAP kinase family members to drug-sensitive forms by a single amino-acid substitutionP A Eyers
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, UK
Chem Biol 5:321-8. 1998..belongs to a class of pyridinyl imidazoles that inhibits the stress-activated protein (SAP) kinases SAPK2a/p38 and SAPK2b/p38 beta 2 but not other mitogen-activated protein kinase family members...
- The p38/reactivating kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade mediates the activation of the transcription factor insulin upstream factor 1 and insulin gene transcription by high glucose in pancreatic beta-cellsW M Macfarlane
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 272:20936-44. 1997..gene transcription were both prevented by SB 203580, a specific inhibitor of stress-activated protein kinase 2 (SAPK2, also termed p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase, reactivating kinase, CSBP, and Mxi2) but not by several other ..
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates phosphorylation of tropomyosin-1 to promote cytoskeleton remodeling in response to oxidative stress: impact on membrane blebbingFrancois Houle
Le Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 14:1418-32. 2003....
- Phosphodiesterase 3A binds to 14-3-3 proteins in response to PMA-induced phosphorylation of Ser428Mercedes Pozuelo Rubio
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 392:163-72. 2005..While p42/p44 MAPK (mitogen-activated protein kinase), SAPK2 (stress-activated protein kinase 2)/p38 and PKC (protein kinase C) were all activated by PMA in HeLa cells, the ..
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997Sodium arsenite and osmotic shock both stimulated stress-activated protein kinase-2 (SAPK2, also termed RK, p38, CSBP and Mxi2) and its downstream target mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAP kinase)-activated protein kinase-2 (MAPKAP-K2)..
- Radiation effects on the cytoskeleton of endothelial cells and endothelial monolayer permeabilityDorota Gabrys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Gliwice, Poland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1553-62. 2007..To investigate the effects of radiation on the endothelial cytoskeleton and endothelial monolayer permeability and to evaluate associated signaling pathways, which could reveal potential mechanisms of known vascular effects of radiation...
- SKK4, a novel activator of stress-activated protein kinase-1 (SAPK1/JNK)S Lawler
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 414:153-8. 1997..SKK4 activated SAPK1/JNK in vitro, but not SAPK2a/p38, SAPK2b/p38beta, SAPK3/ERK6 or SAPK4. It appears to be the mammalian homologue of HEP, an activator of SAPK1/JNK in Drosophila...
- Phosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein tau by stress-activated protein kinasesM Goedert
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 409:57-62. 1997..kinases SAPK1gamma (also called JNK1), SAPK2a (also called p38, RK, CSBPs, Mpk2 and Mxi2), SAPK2b (also called p38beta), SAPK3 (also called ERK6 and p38gamma) and SAPK4 phosphorylate tau at many serine/threonine-prolines, as ..
- Determinants that control the distinct subcellular localization of p38alpha-PRAK and p38beta-PRAK complexesQinxi Li
The Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
J Biol Chem 283:11014-23. 2008p38alpha and p38beta MAPKs (mitogen-activated protein kinases) share about 80% of their protein sequence identity, but have quite different biological functions...
- Diabetes alters vascular mechanotransduction: pressure-induced regulation of mitogen activated protein kinases in the rat inferior vena cavaKevin M Rice
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Toxicology, Joan C, Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 5:18. 2006..On the basis of these findings, we hypothesized that diabetes may be associated with alterations in how veins "sense" and "respond" to altered mechanical loading...
- Inhibitors of prenylation of Ras and other G-proteins and their application as therapeuticsL H Cohen
Gaubius Laboratory, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1061-8. 2000..Their current and possible future application as therapeutics in cancer, restenosis, angiogenesis, and osteoporosis is briefly discussed...
- Activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases by endothelin and noradrenaline in small arteries, regulation by calcium influx and tyrosine kinases, and their role in contractionJ Ohanian
Department of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1921-7. 2001..Both vasoconstrictors activated p38alpha and/or p38beta but not p38gamma or p38delta, leading to increased HSP kinase activity...
- Activation of p38 MAPK suppresses matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene expression induced by platelet-derived growth factorHideharu Endo
Department of Clinical Biology of Extracellular Matrix F7, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1, Inohana, Chuo Ku, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 294:552-8. 2003..Overexpression of p38beta2, but not of p38alpha, significantly decreased PDGF-BB-induced MMP-1 promoter activity, although PDGF-BB activated ..
- Differential effect of simvastatin on various signal transduction intermediates in cultured human smooth muscle cellsP Negre-Aminou
TNO Prevention and Health, Gaubius Laboratory, Zernikedreef 9, 2301 CE, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 61:991-8. 2001..PDGF)-induced DNA synthesis, extracellular-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2), p38/stress-activated protein kinase 2 (SAPK2), RhoA and Rac1 activation...
- Adhesion of HT-29 colon carcinoma cells to endothelial cells requires sequential events involving E-selectin and integrin beta4Julie Laferriere
Le Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec, Canada G1R2J6
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:257-64. 2004..This interaction activates, in the cancer cells, the MAPK SAPK2/p38, which leads to their transendothelial migration (Laferrière et al., J Biol Chem 2001; 276: 33762)...
- Stress- and mitogen-induced phosphorylation of the synapse-associated protein SAP90/PSD-95 by activation of SAPK3/p38gamma and ERK1/ERK2Guadalupe Sabio
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 380:19-30. 2004..It is not blocked by SB 203580, which inhibits SAPK2a/p38alpha and SAPK2b/p38beta but not SAPK3/p38gamma, or by the ERK pathway inhibitor PD 184352...
- Nogo-B is a new physiological substrate for MAPKAP-K2Simon Rousseau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 391:433-40. 2005..phosphorylation is prevented by SB 203580, an inhibitor of SAPK2a (stress-activated protein kinase 2a)/p38a and SAPK2b/p38b, and does not occur in embryonic fibroblasts generated from SAPK2a/p38a-deficient mice...
- The tumor vascular targeting agent combretastatin A-4-phosphate induces reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and early membrane blebbing in human endothelial cellsChryso Kanthou
Tumour Microcirculation Group, Gray Cancer Institute, Mount Vernon Hospital, PO Box 100, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2JR, UK
Blood 99:2060-9. 2002....
- Signalling pathways in cardiac myocyte hypertrophyP H Sugden
National Heart and Lung Institute Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
Ann Med 33:611-22. 2001..signal-regulated kinase (ERK) cascade, the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK or SAPK1) cascade, and the p38-MAPK (SAPK2-5) cascade...
- The role of endogenous and exogenous ligands for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR-alpha) in the regulation of inflammation in macrophagesConcetta Crisafulli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina Torre Biologica, Policlinico Universitario, Messina, Italy
Shock 32:62-73. 2009..In conclusion, our study demonstrates that the endogenous and exogenous PPAR-alpha ligands reduce the degree of macrophage inflammation caused by LPS/IFN-gamma stimulation...
- MAPKAP kinase 2 phosphorylates serum response factor in vitro and in vivoO Heidenreich
Institut fur Zellbiologie, Abteilung Molekularbiologie, Universitat Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:14434-43. 1999..This phosphorylation is dependent on the kinase p38/SAPK2 and correlates with the activation of MAPKAP kinase 2 (MK2)...
- Activation of stress-activated protein kinase-3 (SAPK3) by cytokines and cellular stresses is mediated via SAPKK3 (MKK6); comparison of the specificities of SAPK3 and SAPK2 (RK/p38)A Cuenda
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, UK
EMBO J 16:295-305. 1997..stresses, interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumour necrosis factor (TNF) in a similar manner to SAPK1 (also termed JNK) and SAPK2 (also termed p38, RK, CSBP and Mxi2)...
- SAP kinase-3, a new member of the family of mammalian stress-activated protein kinasesS Mertens
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 383:273-6. 1996..Transcripts encoding stress-activated protein kinase-3 are widely expressed, with high levels in skeletal muscle...
- Intrinsically active variants of all human p38 isoformsMichal Avitzour
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Wolfson Centre for Applied Structural Biology, The Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
FEBS J 274:963-75. 2007..The four mammalian isoforms (p38alpha, p38beta, p38gamma, and p38delta) are coexpressed and coactivated in the same cells...
- Aspirin-triggered Lipoxin A4 inhibition of VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration involves actin polymerization and focal adhesion assemblyP F T Cezar-de-Mello
Departamento de Farmacologia e Psicobiologia, Instituto de Biologia Roberto Alcantara Gomes, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oncogene 25:122-9. 2006..A concomitant impairment in stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK2/p38) phosphorylation suggests that ATL inhibition of VEGF-stimulated actin polymerization involves the SAPK2/p38 ..
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases are in vivo transducers of osmosensory signals in fish gill cellsD Kultz
The Whitney Laboratory, University of Florida, 9505 Ocean Shore Boulevard, 32080, St Augustine, FL, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 129:821-9. 2001..stress-activated protein kinase 1/ Jun N-terminal kinase (SAPK1), and stress-activated protein kinase 2/ p38 (SAPK2), were measured in gill epithelium of the euryhaline teleost Fundulus heteroclitus exposed for 1 h to 4 weeks to ..
- Stress-induced glucose uptake in bovine chromaffin cells: a comparison of the effect of arsenite and anisomycinC Fladeby
Department of Physiology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, 5009, Bergen, Norway
Biochim Biophys Acta 1452:313-21. 1999..The selective inhibitor of stress-activated protein kinase 2 (SAPK2), SB 203580, inhibited completely anisomycin-induced glucose uptake but only partly suppressed uptake stimulated ..
- Stress-activated protein kinase-2/p38 and a rapamycin-sensitive pathway are required for C2C12 myogenesisA Cuenda
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:4341-6. 1999..accompanied by a strong activation of p70 S6 kinase and the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) family member SAPK2/p38, without significant activation of p42 MAPK and only slight activation of SAPK1/JNK and protein kinase Balpha...
- Early growth response factor-1 mediates prostaglandin E2-dependent transcriptional suppression of cytokine-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene expression in human macrophages and rheumatoid arthritis-affected synovial fibroblastsWissam H Faour
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:9536-46. 2005..Initial studies confirmed that PGE2 induces egr-1 mRNA expression and protein synthesis by restricted SAPK2/p38 MAPK-dependent activating transcription factor-2 (ATF-2) dimer transactivation of the egr-1 promoter as judged ..
- Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 2 and cyclic AMP response element binding protein are activated in lesional psoriatic epidermisAnne T Funding
Department of Dermatology, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Invest Dermatol 127:2012-9. 2007..Our results indicate that the p38-MAPK/MSK1/MSK2 and CREB signalling pathway may play a role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis...
- Paradoxical activation of Raf by a novel Raf inhibitorC A Hall-Jackson
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, MSI WTB complex, The University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
Chem Biol 6:559-68. 1999..Raf is a proto-oncogene that is activated in response to growth factors or phorbol esters, and is thought to activate MAP kinase kinase-1 (MKK1) and hence the classical MAP kinase (MAPK) cascade...
- The egr-1 gene is induced by DNA-damaging agents and non-genotoxic drugs in both normal and neoplastic human cellsAriel Quinones
Department of General Surgery, ECHO Laboratory, Martin Luther University, D 06097, Halle, Germany
Life Sci 72:2975-92. 2003..treatment with the MAP kinase (MAPK) inhibitor SB203580, which specifically blocks the stress inducible p38/SAPK2 pathway, did not alter egr-1 induction...
- PE-1/METS, an antiproliferative Ets repressor factor, is induced by CREB-1/CREM-1 during macrophage differentiationDominique Sawka-Verhelle
Departments of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17772-84. 2004..differentiation and phosphorylation of CREB-1 and the related factor CREM-1 are stimulated by M-CSF in a SAPK2/p38-dependent manner...
- Dual enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay system for detection of endogenous kinase activities of mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase-1/2Tsuyoshi Ishii
GlaxoSmithKline K K, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Assay Drug Dev Technol 5:523-33. 2007..Our established system is applicable to inhibitor screening and drug discovery related to MSK1/MSK2...
- Tumor cell differentiation by butyrate and environmental stressO Witt
Children s Hospital, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Street 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Lett 171:173-82. 2001..Stress signaling pathways might be an interesting pharmacologic target for differentiation therapy of malignant disease...
- Determinants that control the specific interactions between TAB1 and p38alphaHuamin Zhou
The Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Fujian, China
Mol Cell Biol 26:3824-34. 2006..Furthermore, chimeric analysis with p38beta (which does not bind to TAB1) revealed a previously unidentified locus of p38alpha comprising Thr218 and Ile275 ..
- Activation of RSK by UV-light: phosphorylation dynamics and involvement of the MAPK pathwayK Merienne
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire CNRS, INSERM, ULP, Strasbourg, France
Oncogene 19:4221-9. 2000..and activation of RSK2 is mediated by the MAPK/ERK pathway, but that the Stress-Activated Protein Kinase 2 (SAPK2)/p38 pathway is also involved...
- STAT3 is essential for Hodgkin lymphoma cell proliferation and is a target of tyrphostin AG17 which confers sensitization for apoptosisU Holtick
Universitat zu Koln, Klinik fur Innere Medizin I, Koln, Germany
Leukemia 19:936-44. 2005..AG17 treatment was accompanied by decreased levels of STAT3 phosphorylation, whereas NF-kappaB and p38/SAPK2 signaling were not inhibited...
- Phosphorylation of Tyr1214 within VEGFR-2 triggers the recruitment of Nck and activation of Fyn leading to SAPK2/p38 activation and endothelial cell migration in response to VEGFLaurent Lamalice
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:34009-20. 2006..that following VEGF treatment of endothelial cells, VEGFR-2 is phosphorylated on Tyr1214 upstream of the Cdc42-SAPK2/p38-MAPKAP K2 pathway...
- p38beta MAP kinase protects rat mesangial cells from TNF-alpha-induced apoptosisY L Guo
Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Biochem 82:556-65. 2001..Using adenovirus-mediated gene transfer technique, we further demonstrated that p38beta, but not p38alpha, is essential to protect the cells from TNF-alpha toxicity...
- Inhibition of a p38/stress-activated protein kinase-2-dependent phosphatase restores function of IL-1 receptor-associate kinase-1 and reverses Toll-like receptor 2- and 4-dependent tolerance of macrophagesCatherine Ropert
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Brazil
J Immunol 171:1456-65. 2003..These results indicate a critical role of p38/stress-activated protein kinase-2 and NF-kappaB-dependent phosphatase in macrophage hyporesponsiveness induced by microbial products that activate TLR2 and TLR4...
- Curcumin inhibits ultraviolet light induced human immunodeficiency virus gene expressionMohiuddin M Taher
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 254:289-97. 2003..We conclude that the mechanism by which curcumin modulates UV activation of HIV-LTR gene expression mainly involves the inhibition of NF-kappaB activation...
- Role of mitogen- and stress-activated kinases in ischemic injuryElaine A Irving
Neurology CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:631-47. 2002..are those that use the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK1/2) or the stress-activated protein kinase (p38/SAPK2 or JNK/SAPK) pathways...
- Hsp25 and the p38 MAPK pathway are involved in differentiation of cardiomyocytesS M Davidson
Departement de Biologie, Unité de Génétique Moléculaire, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, Paris Cedex 05, 75230, France
Dev Biol 218:146-60. 2000..The phosphorylation of HSP25 by the p38/SAPK2 pathway is known to be important for certain of its functions...
- EDG-1 links the PDGF receptor to Src and focal adhesion kinase activation leading to lamellipodia formation and cell migrationH M Rosenfeldt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20007, USA
FASEB J 15:2649-59. 2001..These results may also shed light on the vital role of EDG-1 in vascular maturation...
- HCV-induced PKR activation is stimulated by the mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase MSK2Ju Il Kang
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:248-53. 2011..These results suggest that, in addition to viral dsRNA, stress signaling contributes to the regulation of cellular antiviral response...
- Cholesterol depletion upregulates involucrin expression in epidermal keratinocytes through activation of p38Ralph Jans
Département Histologie Embryologie, Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, B 5000 Namur, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 123:564-73. 2004....
- Role of NF-kappaB and p38 MAP kinase signaling pathways in the lipopolysaccharide-dependent activation of heme oxygenase-1 gene expressionNastiti Wijayanti
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:802-10. 2004..Moreover, the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) inhibitor SB203580 and overexpressed dominant negative p38beta decreased, whereas dominant negative p38delta increased, LPS-dependent induction of HO-1 gene expression...
- Close encounters: regulation of vertebrate skeletal myogenesis by cell-cell contactRobert S Krauss
Brookdale Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cell Sci 118:2355-62. 2005..Mechanistic studies in vitro indicate that specific cadherins and immunoglobulin superfamily proteins exert some of their effects in an interdependent fashion by signaling from a multiprotein complex found at sites of cell-cell contact...
- Direct activation of TACE-mediated ectodomain shedding by p38 MAP kinase regulates EGF receptor-dependent cell proliferationPinglong Xu
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, Programs in Cell Biology and Developmental Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Cell 37:551-66. 2010..Autocrine EGF receptor activation through TACE-mediated ectodomain shedding intimately links inflammation and cancer progression and may play a role in stress and conditions that relate to p38 MAP kinase activation...
- Inhibition of SAPK2/p38 enhances sensitivity to mTORC1 inhibition by blocking IRES-mediated translation initiation in glioblastomaCheri Cloninger
Department of Research and Development, Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System, 16111 Plummer Street 151, Sepulveda, CA 91343, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:2244-56. 2011..The activation of this salvage pathway is dependent on SAPK2/p38-mediated activation of IRES-dependent initiation of the cyclin D1 and c-MYC mRNAs, resulting in the ..
- The mitogen-activated protein kinases p38 and ERK1/2 are increased in lesional psoriatic skinC Johansen
Department of Dermatology, Marselisborg Hospital, PP Orumsgade 11, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 152:37-42. 2005..Major signalling pathways used by eukaryotic cells to transduce extracellular signals into cellular responses impinge on the mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs)...
- Histone deacetylase 3, a class I histone deacetylase, suppresses MAPK11-mediated activating transcription factor-2 activation and represses TNF gene expressionUlrich Mahlknecht
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Frankfurt Medical Center, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Immunol 173:3979-90. 2004..We observed the direct interaction of histone deacetylase (HDAC) 3, a class I histone deacetylase, with MAPK11 (p38 beta isoform) by West-Western-based screening analysis, pull-down assay, and two-hybrid system analysis...
- A novel UBA and UBX domain protein that binds polyubiquitin and VCP and is a substrate for SAPKsHelen McNeill
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 384:391-400. 2004..vitro by SAPK3/p38gamma, SAPK4/p38delta and JNK (c-Jun N-terminal kinase), but weakly by SAPK2a/p38alpha, SAPK2b/p38beta2 or ERK (extracellular-signal-regulated kinase) 2...
- MK2-dependent p38b signalling protects Drosophila hindgut enterocytes against JNK-induced apoptosis under chronic stressGerhard Seisenbacher
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS Genet 7:e1002168. 2011..By performing a thorough genetic analysis, we demonstrate that a signalling complex consisting of p38b and MK2 forms a branch of SAPK signalling that is required in the larval hindgut to prevent stress-dependent damage ..
- Role of spinal p38alpha and beta MAPK in inflammatory hyperalgesia and spinal COX-2 expressionBethany L Fitzsimmons
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego, California, USA
Neuroreport 21:313-7. 2010..We investigated whether either the spinal isoform p38alpha or p38beta is involved in peripheral inflammation evoked pain state and increased expression of spinal COX-2...
- E2F1 stability is regulated by a novel-PKC/p38beta MAP kinase signaling pathway during keratinocyte differentiationI A Ivanova
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Oncogene 25:430-7. 2006..We also demonstrate that E2F1 downregulation by novel PKC isozymes requires activation of p38beta mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- PRAK is essential for ras-induced senescence and tumor suppressionPeiqing Sun
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 128:295-308. 2007..Furthermore, we show that PRAK activates p53 by direct phosphorylation. We propose that phosphorylation of p53 by PRAK following activation of p38 MAPK by ras plays an important role in ras-induced senescence and tumor suppression...
- Genetic deficiency of p38alpha reveals its critical role in myoblast cell cycle exit: the p38alpha-JNK connectionEusebio Perdiguero
Program on Differentiation and Cancer, Centre for Genomic Regulation, UPF PRBB, CIBER de Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Cycle 6:1298-303. 2007..However, the relative contribution of the four p38 MAP kinases (p38alpha, p38beta, p38gamma and p38delta) to this process was unknown...
- B1 integrin/Fak/Src signaling in intestinal epithelial crypt cell survival: integration of complex regulatory mechanismsVéronique Bouchard
Département d Anatomie et de Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Apoptosis 13:531-42. 2008..of Fak, Src, Akt-1 and Erk1/2, a loss of Fak-Src association, and a sustained/enhanced activation of p38beta, which is required as apoptosis/anoikis driver; (2) PI3-K/Akt-1 up-regulates the expression of Bcl-X(L) and Mcl-1,..
- Palmitic acid increase levels of pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1 and p38/stress-activated protein kinase in islets from rats maintained on a low protein dietVanessa C Arantes
Departamento de Alimentos e Nutrição, Faculdade de Nutrição, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Cuiaba, MT, Brazil
Br J Nutr 96:1006-12. 2006..rats show high NEFA levels, we assessed PDX-1 and insulin mRNA expression, as well as PDX-1 and p38/stress activated protein kinase 2 (SAPK2) protein expression, in islets from young rats fed low (6%) or normal (17%; control) protein ..
- Downregulation of human endothelial nitric oxide synthase promoter activity by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activationFeiyue Xing
Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education, Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Technology, Jinan University, 601 Huangpu West Avenue, Guangzhou 510632, P R China
Biochem Cell Biol 84:780-8. 2006..The wild-types of p38alpha, p38beta, p38gamma, and p38delta signal molecules all markedly downregulated promoter activity, which could be reversed by ..
- Macrophage deletion of p38alpha partially impairs lipopolysaccharide-induced cellular activationYoung Jun Kang
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 180:5075-82. 2008..responses has been shown in a number of studies using chemical inhibitors, though the inhibitors also inhibit p38beta and perhaps some other enzymes...
- Functions of epidermal growth factor receptor in cisplatin response of thyroid cellsAntonella Muscella
Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies Di S Te B A, Universita del Salento, via Prov le per Monteroni, 73100 Lecce, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 77:979-92. 2009....
- PLD1 and ERK2 regulate cytosolic lipid droplet formationLinda Andersson
Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
J Cell Sci 119:2246-57. 2006..Similar manipulations of other Map kinases such as ERK1, JNK1 or JNK2 and p38alpha or p38beta were without effect...
- Differential role of p38 mitogen activated protein kinase for cellular recovery from attack by pore-forming S. aureus alpha-toxin or streptolysin OMatthias Husmann
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Hochhaus am Augustusplatz, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:1128-34. 2006..In contrast, blockade of p38 in SLO permeabilized cells did not affect the capacity of the cells to replenish their ATP stores...
- Generation and characterization of p38beta (MAPK11) gene-targeted miceVictoria A Beardmore
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:10454-64. 2005..primarily in response to inflammatory cytokines and cellular stress, and inhibitors which target the p38alpha and p38beta MAPKs have shown potential for the treatment of inflammatory disease...
- Inhibition of basal p38 or JNK activity enhances epithelial barrier function through differential modulation of claudin expressionFabio Carrozzino
Dept of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C775-87. 2009..of p38alpha by isoform-specific small interfering RNAs increased claudin-4 and -8 mRNAs, whereas silencing of p38beta only increased claudin-4 mRNA...
- Effect of p38 MAP kinases on contractility and ischemic injury in intact heartH R Cross
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Acta Physiol Hung 96:307-23. 2009..mice with cardiac-specific expression of kinase dead (dominant negative) mutants of p38alpha (p38alphadn) or p38beta (p38betadn). Hearts were subjected to 20 min ischemia and 40 min reperfusion...
- Changes in the level of apoptosis-related proteins in Jurkat cells infected with HIV-1 versus HIV-2Xue Wang
Labaratory of Molecular Virology, Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 337:175-83. 2010..in cell signaling such as p47, p38alpha, JNK, c-Yes, total PKC, and decreased the expression of molecules such as p38beta, ERK1/2, and XIAP relative to HIV-2 infection...
- Extended kinase profile and properties of the protein kinase inhibitor nilotinibPaul W Manley
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1804:445-53. 2010..In addition nilotinib has now been found to bind to both MAPK11 (p38beta) and MAPK12 (p38alpha), as well as with very high affinity to ZAK kinase...
- [The cellular location and significance of p38alpha/beta isoforms in the lumbar spinal cord of the bone cancer pain rats]Hang Dong
Department of Anesthesiology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:53-7. 2007..To examine the cellular distribution and location of p38alpha/beta isoforms in the lumbar spinal cord of the bone cancer pain rats...
- Inhibition of TRAIL-induced apoptosis by IL-8 is mediated by the p38-MAPK pathway in OVCAR3 cellsT Abdollahi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Apoptosis 10:1383-93. 2005..The present study further investigates involvement of the p38 MAPK pathway in IL-8's ability to block TRAIL-induced apoptosis in the ovarian surface epithelial cancer cell line, OVCAR3...
- Differentiation state-selective roles of p38 isoforms in human intestinal epithelial cell anoikisPierre H Vachon
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group on the Functional Development and Physiopathology of the Digestive Tract, Quebec, Canada
Gastroenterology 123:1980-91. 2002..Little is known of the signaling events implicated in the induction of human enterocytic anoikis. In the present study, we analyzed the role of the stress-activated protein kinase p38 in this process...
- Purification and activation of recombinant p38 isoforms alpha, beta, gamma, and deltaG A Keesler
Amgen Inc, Boulder, Colorado, 80301, USA
Protein Expr Purif 14:221-8. 1998..p38alpha and C-terminal Flag-tagged p38beta were purified by Q-Sepharose fast flow, hydroxyapatite, and Q-Sepharose high-performance chromatography...
- gp120-mediated induction of the MAPK cascade is dependent on the activation state of CD4(+) lymphocytesSandrina Kinet
Institut de Genetique Moleculaire de Montpellier, Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 5535 IFR 22, Montpellier, France
Blood 100:2546-53. 2002..These studies reveal a mechanism via which gp120 may differentially modulate the fate of activated and quiescent T cells in vivo...
- Mast cells mediate substance P-induced bladder inflammation through an NK(1) receptor-independent mechanismRicardo Saban
Department of Physiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City 73190, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F616-29. 2002..When combined with unique animal models, gene array analysis provides a useful approach for identifying and characterizing pathways involved in bladder inflammation...
- Stress-induced regulation of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase by SB 203580-sensitive and -insensitive pathwaysAxel Knebel
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 367:525-32. 2002..Since the phosphorylation of Ser-377 does not inhibit eEF2 kinase in vitro, our results suggest that anisomycin or TNF-alpha inhibit eEF2 kinase via the phosphorylation of Ser-359...
- Phosphorylation of microtubule-associated protein tau by stress-activated protein kinases in intact cellsValérie Buée-Scherrer
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, CB2 2QH, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 515:151-4. 2002..Here we have developed a system to study the effects of five SAP kinases (SAPK1c/JNK1, SAPK2a/p38alpha, SAPK2b/p38beta, SAPK3/p38gamma and SAPK4/p38delta) on tau phosphorylation in intact cells...
- SAPK2/p38-dependent F-actin reorganization regulates early membrane blebbing during stress-induced apoptosisJ Huot
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, G1R 2J6, Canada
J Cell Biol 143:1361-73. 1998..results from the activation of the mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase stress-activated protein kinase-2/p38 (SAPK2/p38), which, via MAP kinase-activated protein (MAPKAP) kinase-2/3, leads to the phosphorylation of the actin ..
- Regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling networks by G protein-coupled receptorsJ S Gutkind
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Sci STKE 2000:re1. 2000..p42(MAPK)), c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinases (JNKs), ERK5 (or BMK), and p38 MAPKs, including p38alpha (or CSBP-1), p38beta, p38gamma (or SAPK3 or ERK6), and p38delta?(or SAPK4)...
- Phosphorylation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in platelets is mediated by multiple stress-activated protein kinase pathwaysA G Borsch-Haubold
Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Biochem 265:195-203. 1999..In this study we show that human platelets contain the isoforms SAPK2a, SAPK2b, SAPK3 and SAPK4 as determined by immunoblotting with specific antibodies...
- A novel method to identify protein kinase substrates: eEF2 kinase is phosphorylated and inhibited by SAPK4/p38deltaA Knebel
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
EMBO J 20:4360-9. 2001..protein was detected in skeletal muscle extracts that was phosphorylated rapidly by SAPK4/p38delta, but poorly by SAPK2/p38, SAPK3/p38gamma, SAPK1/JNK or extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2 (ERK2)...
- Hyperosmolality causes growth arrest of murine kidney cells. Induction of GADD45 and GADD153 by osmosensing via stress-activated protein kinase 2D Kultz
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1603, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13645-51. 1998..phosphospecific antibodies we showed that extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1 and 2 (ERK), SAPK1 (JNK), and SAPK2 (p38) are hyperosmotically activated in mIMCD cells...
- p38 mitogen-activated kinase is a bidirectional regulator of human fibroblast collagenase-1 induction by three-dimensional collagen latticesJ Xu
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Biochem J 355:437-47. 2001..of primary fibroblasts cultured in fl-coll with increasing doses of SB203580, an inhibitor of p38alpha and p38beta, caused a bipolar pattern of MMP-1 expression...
- A permissive role for tumor necrosis factor in vascular endothelial growth factor-induced vascular permeabilityM Clauss
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Blood 97:1321-9. 2001....
- Adenosine induces endothelial apoptosis by activating protein tyrosine phosphatase: a possible role of p38alphaE O Harrington
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Section, Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02908, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 279:L733-42. 2000..ERK) 1 activity was slightly elevated in adenosine-treated ECs, whereas ERK2, c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase-1, or p38beta activities differed little...
- Engagement of CD11b and CD11c beta2 integrin by antibodies or soluble CD23 induces IL-1beta production on primary human monocytes through mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent pathwaysR Rezzonico
Division of Immunology and Allergy, Clinical Immunology Unit Hans Wilsdorf Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 95:3868-77. 2000..through engagement of CD11b or CD11c results in the phosphorylation and activation of ERK1, ERK2, and p38/SAPK2 MAP kinases...
- Different regulation of PKC isoenzymes and MAPK by PSK and IL-2 in the proliferative and cytotoxic activities of the NKL human natural killer cell lineAngel Garcia-Lora
Servicio de Analisis Clinicos e Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Universidad de Granada, Avda de las Fuerzas Armadas 2, 18014 Granada, Spain
Cancer Immunol Immunother 52:59-64. 2003..In MAPK expression we found that unstimulated NKL cells have the following profile: ERK2>ERK6>p38gamma>p38beta>ERK1. ERK3, ERK3 rel, ERK5/ERK4 and p38delta were not expressed...
- Neurotoxicity of pneumolysin, a major pneumococcal virulence factor, involves calcium influx and depends on activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseArgyrios K Stringaris
Department of Neurology, University of Gottingen, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 11:355-68. 2002..Modulation of cell death pathways activated by pneumolysin may influence the outcome of pneumococcal meningitis...
- Activation of the novel stress-activated protein kinase SAPK4 by cytokines and cellular stresses is mediated by SKK3 (MKK6); comparison of its substrate specificity with that of other SAP kinasesM Goedert
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
EMBO J 16:3563-71. 1997..and SAP-1 at similar rates, but were far less effective than SAPK2a (also called RK/p38) or SAPK2b (also called p38beta) in activating MAPKAP kinase-2 and MAPKAP kinase-3...
- MAPKK-independent activation of p38alpha mediated by TAB1-dependent autophosphorylation of p38alphaBaoxue Ge
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 295:1291-4. 2002..These findings suggest that alternative activation pathways contribute to the biological responses of p38alpha to various stimuli...
- Increased atypical PKC activity in endurance-trained human skeletal muscleJakob N Nielsen
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Human Physiology, Institute of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1147-53. 2003..Protein expression of the kinases was similar in trained and sedentary muscle. The increased aPKC activity in exercise-trained subjects could be important in explaining the enhanced insulin action in these individuals...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase modulates expression of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand induced by interferon-gamma in fetal brain astrocytesJ Lee
Department of Microbiology and Institute for Immunology and Immunological Diseases, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosci Res 74:884-90. 2003..AG490, a JAK inhibitor, blocked TRAIL expression induced by IFN-gamma. SB203580, a specific p38alpha and p38beta2 MAPK inhibitor, decreased the TRAIL expression induced by IFN-gamma...
- Role of 14-3-3-mediated p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibition in cardiac myocyte survivalShaosong Zhang
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circ Res 93:1026-8. 2003..Intraperitoneal injection of SB202190, an inhibitor of p38alpha and p38beta MAPK activity, markedly increased the ability of DN-14-3-3 mice to compensate for pressure overload, with ..
- ROLES FOR P38 MAP KINASES IN CARDIAC MYOCYTE GROWTHCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. p38alpha and p38beta, serves as a crucial determinant of myocyte fate...
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE AND APOPTOSIS IN BRAIN TRAUMAENG LO; Fiscal Year: 2004..in our lab; (b) western blots from traumatized brain show activation of the MAP kinase pathways ERK and SAPK2/p38; (c) the ERK/MAP kinase pathway upregulates MMP in vitro; (d) MMP activation occurs after trauma in vivo; (e) ..
- Molecular Adaptation of Hypoxia in Oxygen Sensing CellsDavid Millhorn; Fiscal Year: 2007..objective is to determine if the p38 kinase that is activated during hypoxia tolerance corresponds to p38alpha, p38beta, p38gamma, or p38delta...
- p38alpha and beta MAP Kinases in Endothelial CellsYan Lin Guo; Fiscal Year: 2005..The goal of this research is to investigate the roles for p38alpha and p38beta, two major isoforms expressed in endothelial cells (ECs), in the regulation of EC activities involved in ..
- Endothelial Barrier Function Modulation by PKCdeltaElizabeth O Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hope that identification of proteins important in maintaining a non-leaky state will assist in discovering a treatment for patients suffering from lung edema. ..
- Tip60 in p38 and PRAK Mediated Oncogene-Induced Senescence and Tumor SuppressionPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from these studies will define the signal transduction pathway mediating the senescence response and tumor suppression, and may lead to the development of novel cancer therapies targeting the senescence pathway. ..
- p53-independent Role of MDM2, TGFb Resistance and CancerPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will not only offer insights into the diverse pathways leading to the loss of TGFbeta sensitivity in tumors, but also reveal novel roles of MDM2 in tumorigenesis. ..
- p38 MAPK in Ras-induced Senescence and TransformationPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- p38 MAPK in Ras-induced Senescence and TransformationPeiqing Sun; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF CELL ACTIVITIES BY COLLAGEN AND FIBRINJiahua Xu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitative proteomic analysis of lymphoma transformationKojo Elenitoba Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Endothelial Barrier Function Modulation by PKCdeltaElizabeth Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hope that identification of proteins important in maintaining a non-leaky state will assist in discovering a treatment for patients suffering from lung edema. ..
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated by this study should elucidate whether bladder inflammatory responses, regardless of etiology, occur via a common mechanism or whether the endpoints are specific for each stimulus. ..
- Endothelial Barrier Function Modulation by PKCdeltaElizabeth Harrington; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that identification of proteins important in maintaining a non-leaky state will assist in discovering a treatment for patients suffering from lung edema. ..
- Urothelial Cell Physiology in Normal and Disease StatesRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Scott-Hultgren (Washington U) will discuss the molecular basis of persistent bladder infections. The bladder cancer discussion will be chaired by Drs. Robert Hurst (Oklahoma U) and Jenny Southgate (U. York). ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX SIGNALING IN WOUND HEALINGJiahua Xu; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will identify and define the important mechanisms involved in bladder inflammation and provide new insights for developing treatment strategies for cystitis. ..
- Mice That Lack CDO: A Model for Mild HoloprosencephalyROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- 67 KD LAMININ BINDING PROTEIN ON HUMAN T LYMPHOCYTESStephen Canfield; Fiscal Year: 2003..of p67 LBP and the integrin alpha6 to lymphocyte laminin-specific adherence? and (4) What are the contributions of p67 LBP and alpha6 to laminin-mediated lamellipod formation, locomotion, and transendothelial migration? ..