Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAP3K14
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 14
Alias: FTDCR1B, HSNIK, NIK, mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 14, NF-kappa-beta-inducing kinase, serine/threonine-protein kinase NIK
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Lin X, Mu Y, Cunningham E, Marcu K, Geleziunas R, Greene W. Molecular determinants of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase action. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5899-907 pubmed..type 1 TNF-alpha receptor tail, leading to the sequential activation of the downstream NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) and IkappaB-specific kinases (IKKalpha and IKKbeta)...
- Xiao G, Harhaj E, Sun S. NF-kappaB-inducing kinase regulates the processing of NF-kappaB2 p100. Mol Cell. 2001;7:401-9 pubmed..by a processing-inhibitory domain (PID) within p100 and positively regulated by the NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK)...
- Birbach A, Gold P, Binder B, Hofer E, de Martin R, Schmid J. Signaling molecules of the NF-kappa B pathway shuttle constitutively between cytoplasm and nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10842-51 pubmed..IkappaBalpha, tumor necrosis factor-receptor associated factor 2 (TRAF2), the NF-kappaB inducing kinase (NIK) and IkappaB kinases (IKK1 and IKK2)...
- Song Y, Kim M, Kim H, Jung B, Yang J, Narasimhan P, et al. Oxidative stress increases phosphorylation of IkappaB kinase-alpha by enhancing NF-kappaB-inducing kinase after transient focal cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1265-74 pubmed publisher..In copper/zinc-superoxide dismutase knockout mice, levels of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) (an upstream kinase of IKKalpha), pIKKalpha, and phosphorylation of histone H3 (pH3) on Ser10 were increased after ..
- Razani B, Zarnegar B, Ytterberg A, Shiba T, Dempsey P, Ware C, et al. Negative feedback in noncanonical NF-kappaB signaling modulates NIK stability through IKKalpha-mediated phosphorylation. Sci Signal. 2010;3:ra41 pubmed publisher..control of noncanonical NF-kappaB signaling that attenuated the stabilization of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK), the central regulatory kinase of the noncanonical pathway, induced by B cell-activating factor receptor (BAFF-R) ..
- Yamamoto M, Ito T, Shimizu T, Ishida T, Semba K, Watanabe S, et al. Epigenetic alteration of the NF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK) gene is involved in enhanced NIK expression in basal-like breast cancer. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:2391-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, NF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK) is involved in the constitutive NF-?B activation...
- Hacker H, Chi L, Rehg J, Redecke V. NIK prevents the development of hypereosinophilic syndrome-like disease in mice independent of IKK? activation. J Immunol. 2012;188:4602-10 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that mice deficient of the serine/threonine-specific protein kinase NF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK) develop a HES-like disease, reflected by progressive blood and tissue eosinophilia, tissue injury, and premature ..
- Liu J, Sudom A, Min X, Cao Z, Gao X, Ayres M, et al. Structure of the nuclear factor ?B-inducing kinase (NIK) kinase domain reveals a constitutively active conformation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:27326-34 pubmed publisherNF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK) is a central component in the non-canonical NF-?B signaling pathway. Excessive NIK activity is implicated in various disorders, such as autoimmune conditions and cancers...
- Xiao G, Sun S. Negative regulation of the nuclear factor kappa B-inducing kinase by a cis-acting domain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:21081-5 pubmedNuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB)-inducing kinase (NIK) participates in the activation of NF-kappaB, a family of eukaryotic transcription factors that mediate cell growth and transformation...
- Birbach A, Bailey S, Ghosh S, Schmid J. Cytosolic, nuclear and nucleolar localization signals determine subcellular distribution and activity of the NF-kappaB inducing kinase NIK. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3615-24 pubmed..Moreover, we have recently demonstrated nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the NF-kappaB-inducing kinase NIK, a component of the NF-kappaB pathway, which is essential for lymph node development and B-cell function...
- Saitoh Y, Martínez Bruyn V, Uota S, Hasegawa A, Yamamoto N, Imoto I, et al. Overexpression of NF-?B inducing kinase underlies constitutive NF-?B activation in lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer. 2010;70:263-70 pubmed publisherThe present study investigates roles for NF-?B inducing kinase (NIK) in constitutive NF-?B activation in lung cancer cells...
- Rosebeck S, Madden L, Jin X, Gu S, Apel I, Appert A, et al. Cleavage of NIK by the API2-MALT1 fusion oncoprotein leads to noncanonical NF-kappaB activation. Science. 2011;331:468-72 pubmed publisher..in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma induces proteolytic cleavage of NF-?B-inducing kinase (NIK) at arginine 325...
- Ranuncolo S, Pittaluga S, Evbuomwan M, Jaffe E, Lewis B. Hodgkin lymphoma requires stabilized NIK and constitutive RelB expression for survival. Blood. 2012;120:3756-63 pubmed publisher..In exploring relB activation further, we found stable NF-?B inducing kinase (NIK) protein in several HL cell lines and that NIK shRNA also affected HL cell line viability...
- Zhang H, Chen R, Sun G, Yang L, Zhu Y, Xu X, et al. Protective effects of total flavonoids from Clinopodium chinense (Benth.) O. Ktze on myocardial injury in vivo and in vitro via regulation of Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway. Phytomedicine. 2018;40:88-97 pubmed publisher..TFCC protects against myocardial injury and enhances cellular antioxidant defense capacity by inducing the phosphorylation of AKT, which subsequently activated the Nrf2/HO-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Lee T, Bai K, Chen Y, Lee T, Chung C, Tsai W, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition of cardiac autophagy in rats on a high?fat diet with low?dose streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetes mellitus. Mol Med Rep. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The present study demonstrated that MPT0E014 may improve cardiac function in T2DM rats by modulating myocardial autophagy, inflammation and insulin signaling...
- Wang Z, Li R, Zhong R. Extracellular matrix promotes proliferation, migration and adhesion of airway smooth muscle cells in a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease via upregulation of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2018;18:3143-3152 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ECM proteins promoted proliferation, migration and adhesion of ASMCs form rat models of COPD through activation of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Canet Pons J, Schubert R, Duecker R, Schrewe R, Wölke S, Kieslich M, et al. Ataxia telangiectasia alters the ApoB and reelin pathway. Neurogenetics. 2018;19:237-255 pubmed publisher..As extracellular factors, apolipoproteins and their cargo such as vitamin E may be useful for neuroprotective interventions. ..
- Salama A, Duque M, Wang L, Shahzad K, Olivera M, Loor J. Enhanced supply of methionine or arginine alters mechanistic target of rapamycin signaling proteins, messenger RNA, and microRNA abundance in heat-stressed bovine mammary epithelial cells in vitro. J Dairy Sci. 2019;102:2469-2480 pubmed publisher..The positive responses with Met and Arg raise the possibility that supplementation with these AA during HS might have a positive effect on mammary metabolism. ..
- Koronowicz A, Drozdowska M, Banks P, Piasna Słupecka E, Domagała D, Leszczyńska T. Fatty Acids of CLA-enriched Egg Yolks Can Induce Mitochondrial Pathway of Apoptosis in MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2018;38:2861-2870 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that activation of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway may be a potential mechanism of EFA-CLA action. ..
- Gao L, Tang W, Ding Z, Wang D, Qi X, Wu H, et al. Protein-Binding Function of RNA-Dependent Protein Kinase Promotes Proliferation through TRAF2/RIP1/NF-?B/c-Myc Pathway in Pancreatic ? cells. Mol Med. 2015;21:154-66 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic opportunities for type 2 diabetes may arise when its kinase catalytic function, but not its protein-binding function, is downregulated. ..
- Greer Y, Gao B, Yang Y, Nussenzweig A, Rubin J. Lack of Casein Kinase 1 Delta Promotes Genomic Instability - The Accumulation of DNA Damage and Down-Regulation of Checkpoint Kinase 1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170903 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that CK1? contributes to the efficient repair of DNA damage and the proper functioning of mitotic checkpoints by maintaining appropriate levels of Chk1. ..
- Yang B, Lan S, Dieudé M, Sabo Vatasescu J, Karakeussian Rimbaud A, Turgeon J, et al. Caspase-3 Is a Pivotal Regulator of Microvascular Rarefaction and Renal Fibrosis after Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2018;29:1900-1916 pubmed publisher..These findings also demonstrate the predominant role of microvascular over tubular injury as a driver of progressive renal damage and fibrosis after IRI. ..
- Suliman H, Kraft B, Bartz R, Chen L, Welty Wolf K, Piantadosi C. Mitochondrial quality control in alveolar epithelial cells damaged by S. aureus pneumonia in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L699-L709 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mitochondrial QC activation in pneumonia-damaged AT2 cells promotes cell survival in support of alveolar function. ..
- Duzgun Z, Eroglu Z, Biray Avci C. Role of mTOR in glioblastoma. Gene. 2016;575:187-90 pubmed publisher..In the future, a better understanding of the functional properties of mTORC2 with its potent effective inhibitors may help design more efficiently GBM treatment modalities. ..
- Kapoor A, Fan Y, Arav Boger R. Bacterial Muramyl Dipeptide (MDP) Restricts Human Cytomegalovirus Replication via an IFN-Î²-Dependent Pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20295 pubmed publisher..Summarized, NOD2 activation exerts anti-HCMV activities predominantly via IFN-Î². Since MDP is a bacterial cell wall component, ongoing microbial exposure may influence HCMV replication. ..
- Teixeira J, Basit F, Swarts H, Forkink M, Oliveira P, Willems P, et al. Extracellular acidification induces ROS- and mPTP-mediated death in HEK293 cells. Redox Biol. 2018;15:394-404 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that acidosis of the extracellular environment (as observed in mitochondrial disorders, ischemia, acute inflammation and cancer) can induce cell death via a ROS- and mPTP opening-mediated pathogenic mechanism. ..
- Sun Z, Lv J, Zhu Y, Song D, ZHu B, Miao C. Desflurane preconditioning protects human umbilical vein endothelial cells against anoxia/reoxygenation by upregulating NLRP12 and inhibiting non-canonical nuclear factor-ÎºB signaling. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36:1327-34 pubmed publisher..using the NF-ÎºB signaling pathway realâ€‘time PCR array, and the levels of NF-ÎºB inducing kinase (NIK), p52, IÎºB kinase (IKK)Î±, p100, RelB and NLR family, pyrin domain containing 12 (NLRP12) were assessed by ..
- Yamagishi M, Katano H, Hishima T, Shimoyama T, Ota Y, Nakano K, et al. Coordinated loss of microRNA group causes defenseless signaling in malignant lymphoma. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17868 pubmed publisher..Conventional screening and RISC profiling identify multiple targets (CD79B, SYK, PKCÎ²II, PLCÎ³1, IKKÎ², NIK, MYD88, PI3K class I (Î±/Î²/Î´/Î³), RasGRP3); signaling network habitually faces interference composed by ..
- Dernayka L, Rauch N, Jarboui M, Zebisch A, Texier Y, Horn N, et al. Autophosphorylation on S614 inhibits the activity and the transforming potential of BRAF. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1432-9 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation of S614 is mitogen inducible and the result of autophosphorylation. These data suggest that phosphorylation at this site is inhibitory, and part of the physiological shut-down mechanism of BRAF signalling. ..
- Smith A, L Imperio V, Ajello E, Ferrario F, Mosele N, Stella M, et al. The putative role of MALDI-MSI in the study of Membranous Nephropathy. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:865-874 pubmed publisher..These signals could potentially represent future targets for the further stratification of iMN patients. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: MALDI Imaging, edited by Dr. Corinna Henkel and Prof. Peter Hoffmann. ..
- Hu W, Johnson H, Shu H. Tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand receptors signal NF-kappaB and JNK activation and apoptosis through distinct pathways. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:30603-10 pubmed..Here we show that TRAIL-R1-, TRAIL-R2-, and TRAIL-R4-induced NF-kappaB activation are mediated by a TRAF2-NIK-IkappaB kinase alpha/beta signaling cascade but is MEKK1 independent...
- Yang C, Murti A, Pfeffer L. Interferon induces NF-kappa B-inducing kinase/tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor-dependent NF-kappa B activation to promote cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31530-6 pubmed..This pathway involves NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) and the tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor-2 (TRAF2) and results in IFNalpha/beta-induced processing ..
- McKay V, Cairns D, Gokhale D, Mountford R, Greenhalgh L. First report of somatic mosaicism for mutations in STK11 in four patients with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome. Fam Cancer. 2016;15:57-61 pubmed publisher..This also adds further weight to the hypothesis of a single genetic locus for PJS. ..
- Catalogna G, Talarico C, Dattilo V, Gangemi V, Calabria F, D Antona L, et al. The SGK1 Kinase Inhibitor SI113 Sensitizes Theranostic Effects of the 64CuCl2 in Human Glioblastoma Multiforme Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:108-119 pubmed publisher..In the present paper we aim to characterize the combined effects of 64CuCl2 and SI113 on human GBM cell lines with variable p53 expression...
- Li X, Josef J, Marasco W. Hiv-1 Tat can substantially enhance the capacity of NIK to induce IkappaB degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:587-94 pubmed..or dissociation from NF-kappaB, Tat can substantially enhance the capacity of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK), but not MEKK1, to accelerate degradation of IkappaB...
- Maiese K. Targeting molecules to medicine with mTOR, autophagy and neurodegenerative disorders. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;82:1245-1266 pubmed publisher..Effective clinical translation of the cellular signalling mechanisms of mTOR offers provocative avenues for new drug development in the nervous system tempered only by the need to elucidate further the intricacies of the mTOR pathway. ..
- Xing P, Liao Z, Ren Z, Zhao J, Song F, Wang G, et al. Roles of low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 in tumors. Chin J Cancer. 2016;35:6 pubmed publisher..Only by understanding the mechanisms of these effects can we develop novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for cancers mediated by LRP1. ..
- Zhou Y, Shen J, Hornicek F, Kan Q, Duan Z. The emerging roles and therapeutic potential of cyclin-dependent kinase 11 (CDK11) in human cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:40846-40859 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the emerging roles of CDK11 in human cancers, and provide a proof-of-principle for continued efforts toward targeting CDK11 for effective cancer treatment. ..
- HÃ¤vemeier A, Gramolelli S, Pietrek M, Jochmann R, StÃ¼rzl M, Schulz T. Activation of NF-ÎºB by the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus K15 protein involves recruitment of the NF-ÎºB-inducing kinase, IÎºB kinases, and phosphorylation of p65. J Virol. 2014;88:13161-72 pubmed publisher..We show that activation of NF-ÎºB involves the recruitment of NF-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK) and IKK Î±/Î² to result in the phosphorylation of p65/RelA on Ser536...
- Fan Y, Roy S, Mukhopadhyay R, Kapoor A, Duggal P, Wojcik G, et al. Role of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 1 (NOD1) and its variants in human cytomegalovirus control in vitro and in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E7818-E7827 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate a role for NOD1 in HCMV control via RIPK2- IKKÎ±-IRF3 and suggest that its polymorphisms predict the risk of infection. ..
- Pollock G, Oates C, Giogha C, Wong Fok Lung T, Ong S, Pearson J, et al. Distinct Roles of the Antiapoptotic Effectors NleB and NleF from Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Hence, despite their shared ability to block FasL/FAS signaling, NleB and NleF have distinct roles during infection. ..
- McKenzie F, Connelly M, Balzarano D, Muller J, Geleziunas R, Marcu K. Functional isoforms of IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) lacking leucine zipper and helix-loop-helix domains reveal that IKKalpha and IKKbeta have different activation requirements. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2635-49 pubmed..Akin to IKKalpha, its carboxy-terminally truncated isoforms associated with the upstream activator NIK (NF-kappaB-inducing kinase)...
- Yamamoto Y, Yin M, Gaynor R. IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) regulation of IKKbeta kinase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3655-66 pubmed..These results indicate that IKKalpha, in addition to its previously described ability to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha, can increase the ability of IKKbeta to phosphorylate IkappaBalpha. ..
- Ding L, Biswas S, Morton R, Smith J, Hay N, Byzova T, et al. Akt3 deficiency in macrophages promotes foam cell formation and atherosclerosis in mice. Cell Metab. 2012;15:861-72 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the nonredundant atheroprotective role for Akt3 exerted via the previously unknown link between the Akt signaling pathway and cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Berger N, Stanley F, Moore S, Goodarzi A. ATM-dependent pathways of chromatin remodelling and oxidative DNA damage responses. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2017;372: pubmed publisher..This article is part of the themed issue 'Chromatin modifiers and remodellers in DNA repair and signalling'. ..
- Zhang W, Liu R, Tang C, Xi Q, Lü S, Chen W, et al. PFTK1 regulates cell proliferation, migration and invasion in epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:405-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggested that PFTK1 played an important role in ovarian cancer development. ..
- Li S, Wang Z, Huang J, Cheng S, Du H, Che G, et al. Clinicopathological and prognostic significance of mTOR and phosphorylated mTOR expression in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:877 pubmed..More high-quality worldwide studies performing a multivariate analysis based on larger sample size are urgently required for further verifying and modifying our findings in the future. ..
- Chen X, Zhou L, Peng N, Yu H, Li M, Cao Z, et al. MicroRNA-302a suppresses influenza A virus-stimulated interferon regulatory factor-5 expression and cytokine storm induction. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:21291-21303 pubmed publisher..In IAV-infected patients, miR-302a expression was down-regulated, whereas IRF-5 expression was up-regulated. Taken together, our work uncovers and defines a signaling pathway implicated in an IAV-induced cytokine storm. ..
- Russo P, Hood B, Bateman N, Conrads T. Quantitative Mass Spectrometry by Isotope Dilution and Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM). Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1606:313-332 pubmed publisher..Ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) phosphorylates several key proteins that initiate activation of the DNA damage checkpoint leading to cell cycle arrest. ..
- Edelbusch C, Cindrić S, Dougherty G, Loges N, Olbrich H, Rivlin J, et al. Mutation of serine/threonine protein kinase 36 (STK36) causes primary ciliary dyskinesia with a central pair defect. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:964-969 pubmed publisher..STK36 screening can now be included for this rare and difficult to diagnose PCD subgroup. ..
- Choudhary V, Olala L, Kaddour Djebbar I, Helwa I, Bollag W. Protein kinase D1 deficiency promotes differentiation in epidermal keratinocytes. J Dermatol Sci. 2014;76:186-95 pubmed publisher..However, PKD1 loss had no effect on stem cell marker expression. Cre-recombinase-mediated knockdown represents an additional approach demonstrating that PKD1 is an anti-differentiative, pro-proliferative signal in mouse keratinocytes. ..
- Rubenstein M, Hollowell C, Guinan P. Suppression of BCL2 by Antisense Oligonucleotides and Compensation by Non-Targeted Genes May Enhance Tumor Proliferation. In Vivo. 2015;29:687-93 pubmed..This could be accomplished by dual monospecific targeting KI-67 and BCL2, or with a bispecific (or proposed multispecific) oligonucleotide simultaneously targeting both. ..
- Liu L, Liu J, Yu X. Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor MK-626 restores insulin secretion through enhancing autophagy in high fat diet-induced mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;470:516-520 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the beneficial effects of MK-626 were inhibited by GLP-1 receptor antagonist exendin 9-39. The present study reveals the activation of autophagy to mediate the anti-diabetic effect of GLP-1. ..
- Saleh S, Lu H, Evans V, Harisson D, Zhou J, Jaworowski A, et al. HIV integration and the establishment of latency in CCL19-treated resting CD4(+) T cells require activation of NF-?B. Retrovirology. 2016;13:49 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for strategies needed to prevent the establishment, and potentially reverse, latent infection. ..
- Wang F, Li J, Li R, Pan G, Bai M, Huang Q. Angelicin inhibits liver cancer growth inÂ vitro and inÂ vivo. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:5441-5449 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that angelicin may have potential as a novel therapeutic agent for the treatment of patients with liver cancer. ..
- Ting P, Johnson C, Fang C, Cao X, Graeber T, Mattos C, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation of RAS by ABL allosterically enhances effector binding. FASEB J. 2015;29:3750-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RAS phosphorylation at Tyr(137) allosterically alters protein conformation and effector binding, providing a mechanism for effector-initiated modulation of RAS signaling. ..
- Shinzawa M, Konno H, Qin J, Akiyama N, Miyauchi M, Ohashi H, et al. Catalytic subunits of the phosphatase calcineurin interact with NF-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK) and attenuate NIK-dependent gene expression. Sci Rep. 2015;5:10758 pubmed publisherNuclear factor (NF)-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK) is a serine/threonine kinase that activates NF-ÎºB pathways, thereby regulating a wide variety of immune systems...
- Wang Q, Liu F, Zhang M, Zhou P, Xu C, Li Y, et al. NLRP12 Promotes Mouse Neutrophil Differentiation through Regulation of Non-canonical NF-κB and MAPKERK1/2 Signaling. Int J Biol Sci. 2018;14:147-155 pubmed publisher..Genetic ablation of NLRP12 suppresses NF-κB inducing kinase (NIK) stabilization, RelB nuclear translocation and neutrophil differentiation in vitro...
- Mo F, An T, Zhang Z, Liu Y, Liu H, Pan Y, et al. Jiang Tang Xiao Ke Granule Play an Anti-diabetic Role in Diabetic Mice Pancreatic Tissue by Regulating the mRNAs and MicroRNAs Associated with PI3K-Akt Signaling Pathway. Front Pharmacol. 2017;8:795 pubmed publisher..b>Conclusions: The results showed that JTXK granule could play an anti-diabetic role by regulating the mRNA and miRNAs associated with PI3K-Akt pathway in diabetic mice pancreatic tissue...
- Eitinger T, Mandrand Berthelot M. Nickel transport systems in microorganisms. Arch Microbiol. 2000;173:1-9 pubmed..The Nik system of Escherichia coli is a member of the ABC transporter family and provides Ni2+ ion for the anaerobic ..
- Chaudhary P, Eby M, Jasmin A, Kumar A, Liu L, Hood L. Activation of the NF-kappaB pathway by caspase 8 and its homologs. Oncogene. 2000;19:4451-60 pubmed..known to be involved in the activation of the NF-kappaB pathway, including the serine-threonine kinases RIP, NIK, IKK1 and IKK2...
- Dieguez Gonzalez R, Akar S, Calaza M, Perez Pampin E, Costas J, Torres M, et al. Genetic variation in the nuclear factor kappaB pathway in relation to susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:579-83 pubmed publisher..REL, RELA, RELB, NFKB1, NFKB2, NFKBIA, NFKBIB, NFKBIE, IKBKA, IKBKB, IKBKE, IKBKAP, KBRAS1, KBRAS2, MAP3K1, MAP3K14, TAX1BP1) were studied by mass spectrometry analysis complemented with 5'-nuclease fluorescence assays in the ..
- Li H, Liang S. Local network topology in human protein interaction data predicts functional association. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6410 pubmed publisher..Our study gives clear insight into the common neighbor-based prediction scheme and provides a reliable method for large-scale functional annotation in this post-genomic era. ..
- Lee S, Challa Malladi M, Bratton S, Wright C. Nuclear factor-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK) contains an amino-terminal inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP)-binding motif (IBM) that potentiates NIK degradation by cellular IAP1 (c-IAP1). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:30680-9 pubmed publisherActivation of the noncanonical NF-ÎºB pathway hinges on the stability of the NF-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK), which is kept at low levels basally by a protein complex consisting of the E3 ubiquitin ligases cellular inhibitor of ..
- Zhang X, Wang Y, Mao Z, Huang D, Zhou J, Wang X. Expression of NF-ÎºB-inducing kinase in breast carcinoma tissue and its clinical significance. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14824-9 pubmedTo investigate the expression of nuclear factor-ÎºB-inducing kinase (NIK) in breast carcinoma tissue and tumor-adjacent normal breast tissue and evaluate its clinical significance...
- Qu F, Xiang Z, Xiao S, Wang F, Li J, Zhang Y, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) is involved in immune defense against bacterial infection in Crassostrea hongkongensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:77-85 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study provided the first experimental demonstration that oysters possess a functional JNK that participates in host defense against bacterial infection in C.Â hongkongensis. ..
- Huang L, Cao J, Cao L, Gao L, Yang Y, Xu L. Puerarin induces cell apoptosis in human chondrosarcoma cell line SW1353 via inhibition of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5585-5590 pubmed publisher..The data from the present study indicated that puerarin exhibits anticancer effects in SW1353 cells and may be a potential therapeutic drug for patients with chondrosarcoma...
- Gotru S, Chen W, Kraft P, Becker I, Wolf K, Stritt S, et al. TRPM7 Kinase Controls Calcium Responses in Arterial Thrombosis and Stroke in Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2018;38:344-352 pubmed publisher..The protection of Trpm7R/R mice from acute ischemic disease without developing intracranial hemorrhage indicates that TRPM7 kinase might be a promising antithrombotic target. ..
- Schoijet A, Miranda K, Sternlieb T, Barrera N, Girard Dias W, de Souza W, et al. TbVps15 is required for vesicular transport and cytokinesis in Trypanosoma brucei. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2018;219:33-41 pubmed publisher..In summary, we propose that TbVps15 has a role in the maintenance of cytokinesis, endocytosis and intracellular trafficking in T. brucei. ..
- Takeda E, Jin N, Itakura E, Kira S, Kamada Y, Weisman L, et al. Vacuole-mediated selective regulation of TORC1-Sch9 signaling following oxidative stress. Mol Biol Cell. 2018;29:510-522 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Sch9 branch integrates the intrinsic activity of TORC1 kinase and vacuolar status, which is monitored by the phospholipids of the vacuolar membrane, into the regulation of macromolecular synthesis. ..
- Lallena M, Diaz Meco M, Bren G, Paya C, Moscat J. Activation of IkappaB kinase beta by protein kinase C isoforms. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2180-8 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate a critical role for the PKC isoforms in the NF-kappaB pathway at the level of IKKbeta activation and IkappaB degradation. ..
- Park K, Iida T, Yamaichi Y, Oyagi T, Yamamoto K, Honda T. Genetic characterization of DNA region containing the trh and ure genes of Vibrio parahaemolyticus. Infect Immun. 2000;68:5742-8 pubmed..Between ureR and the other ure genes, there were five ORFs, which are homologous with the nickel transport operon (nik) of Escherichia coli...
- Nunez C, Cansino J, Bethencourt F, Pérez Utrilla M, Fraile B, Martinez Onsurbe P, et al. TNF/IL-1/NIK/NF-kappa B transduction pathway: a comparative study in normal and pathological human prostate (benign hyperplasia and carcinoma). Histopathology. 2008;53:166-76 pubmed publisher..The aim was to investigate upstream and downstream components of NIK transduction pathway in normal (NP), benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) ..
- Cho H, Park I, Kim T, Oh Y, Yang K, Kim J. Suppression of hepatitis B virus-derived human hepatocellular carcinoma by NF-kappaB-inducing kinase-specific siRNA using liver-targeting liposomes. Arch Pharm Res. 2009;32:1077-86 pubmed publisherHepatitis B virus triggers an increase of NF-kappaB inducing kinase (NIK)-dependent NF-kappaB activation, followed by the promotion of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Di Domenico F, Tramutola A, Foppoli C, Head E, Perluigi M, Butterfield D. mTOR in Down syndrome: Role in Aß and tau neuropathology and transition to Alzheimer disease-like dementia. Free Radic Biol Med. 2018;114:94-101 pubmed publisher..Oxidative stress, associated with chr21-related Aβ and mitochondrial alterations, may significantly contribute to this linkage of mTOR to AD-like neuropathology in DS. ..
- Cushing L, Winkler A, Jelinsky S, Lee K, Korver W, Hawtin R, et al. IRAK4 kinase activity controls Toll-like receptor-induced inflammation through the transcription factor IRF5 in primary human monocytes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:18689-18698 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest a mechanism by which IRAK4 activity regulates TAK1 and IKKβ activation, leading to the nuclear translocation of IRF5 and induction of inflammatory cytokines in human monocytes. ..
- Yang B, Jia Y, Jia Z, Wang W, Song X, Li Y, et al. The cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) mediates hematopoiesis through G1-to-S transition in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2018;81:156-166 pubmed publisher..sinensis. ..
- Chen H, Wang Q, Yin Y, Li S, Niu D, Wang H. Genotypic variations between wild-type and small colony variant of Staphylococcus aureus in prosthetic valve infectious endocarditis: a comparative genomic and transcriptomic analysis. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2018;51:655-658 pubmed publisher..aureus. In conclusion, the reduced growth rate and decreased virulence of MRSA SCV strains may be related to mutations in and downregulation of genes associated with metabolism and virulence, especially plsY, deoC, eap and sstD. ..
- Heddle J, Scott D, Unzai S, Park S, Tame J. Crystal structures of the liganded and unliganded nickel-binding protein NikA from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50322-9 pubmed..Nickel homeostasis systems include the dedicated nickel uptake system nik found in Escherichia coli, a member of the ABC family of transporters, that involves a periplasmic nickel-binding ..
- Hu W, Mo X, Walters W, Brambilla R, Bethea J. TNAP, a novel repressor of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase, suppresses NF-kappaB activation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:35975-83 pubmedNF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) has been implicated as an essential component of NF-kappaB activation. However, the regulatory mechanism of NIK signaling remains elusive...
- Kanno Y, Sakurai D, Hase H, Kojima H, Kobata T. TACI induces cIAP1-mediated ubiquitination of NIK by TRAF2 and TANK to limit non-canonical NF-kappaB signaling. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:121-32 pubmed publisher..and maturation through non-canonical nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) pathway, a NF-kappaB inducing kinase (NIK)-dependent pathway for the processing of NF-kappaB2 p100 to generate p52...
- Jin H, Jin X, Lee J. Zinc-finger protein 91 plays a key role in LIGHT-induced activation of non-canonical NF-?B pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:581-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ZFP91 knock-down by RNA interference blocks the LIGHT-induced accumulation of NIK and p100 processing, as well as the expression of non-canonical NF-?B target genes...
- Shimoda Y, Yui J, Fujinaga M, Xie L, Kumata K, Ogawa M, et al. [(11)C-carbonyl]CEP-32496: radiosynthesis, biodistribution and PET study of brain uptake in P-gp/BCRP knockout mice. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2014;24:3574-7 pubmed publisher..Small-animal PET studies with [(11)C]CEP-32496 indicated that radioactivity levels (AUC0-90 min, SUV×min) accumulated in the brains of P-gp/BCRP knockout mice at a 8-fold higher rate than in the brains of wild-type mice...