Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MAGEC1
Description: melanoma antigen family C1
Alias: CT7, CT7.1, MAGE-C1 antigen, cancer/testis antigen 7.1, cancer/testis antigen family 7, member 1, melanoma antigen family C, 1, melanoma-associated antigen C1
- Cancer-testis antigens MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-A3 promote the survival of multiple myeloma cellsDjordje Atanackovic
Department of Medicine II, Oncology Hematology, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Haematologica 95:785-93. 2010..Therefore, alternative therapeutic modes for myeloma are needed and cancer-testis antigens such as MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-A3 have been suggested to represent a class of tumor-specific proteins particularly suited for targeted ..
- Fine analysis of spontaneous MAGE-C1/CT7-specific immunity in melanoma patientsNatko Nuber
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:15187-92. 2010..MAGE-C1/CT7 is a CT antigen that is highly expressed in several types of cancers...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigen CT7 (MAGE-C1) in breast cancer: an immunohistochemical study with emphasis on prognostic utilityStefan Kruger
Institute of Pathology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, D 23538, Germany
Pathol Oncol Res 13:91-6. 2007High expression of the cancer-testis antigen CT7, also referred to as MAGE-C1, has been recently described in a variety of malignant tumors, including breast carcinoma...
- CT7 (MAGE-C1) antigen expression in normal and neoplastic tissuesAchim A Jungbluth
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 99:839-45. 2002b>CT7 (MAGE-C1) is a member of the cancer testis (CT) antigen family...
- Cellular immune responses against CT7 (MAGE-C1) and humoral responses against other cancer-testis antigens in multiple myeloma patientsNikoletta Lendvai
New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Immun 10:4. 2010The type I melanoma antigen gene (MAGE) proteins CT7 (MAGE-C1) and MAGE-A3 are commonly expressed in multiple myeloma (MM), and their expression correlates with increased plasma cell proliferation and poor clinical outcome...
- Identification of multiple cancer/testis antigens by allogeneic antibody screening of a melanoma cell line libraryY T Chen
Cornell University Medical College, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6919-23. 1998..cDNA clones isolated from this library identified four CT antigen genes: MAGE-4a, NY-ESO-1, LAGE-1, and CT7. Of these four, only MAGE-4a and NY-ESO-1 proteins had been shown to be immunogenic...
- Identification of a new MAGE gene with tumor-specific expression by representational difference analysisS Lucas
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch, Belgium
Cancer Res 58:743-52. 1998..It is probable, therefore, that like other MAGE genes, MAGE-C1 encodes antigens that may constitute useful targets for cancer immunotherapy because of their strict tumoral specificity...
- Expression of MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 predicts lymph node metastasis in melanoma patientsAlessandra Curioni-Fontecedro
Division of Internal Medicine and Clinic of Oncology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e21418. 2011MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 are members of the large MAGE family of cancer-testis (CT) antigens...
- Physical interaction of two cancer-testis antigens, MAGE-C1 (CT7) and NY-ESO-1 (CT6)Hearn J Cho
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Immun 6:12. 2006..We used the yeast two-hybrid system to identify putative MHD-interacting proteins. The MHD of MAGE-C1 (CT7) was used as bait to screen a human testis cDNA library...
- Cancer-testis antigen expression and immunogenicity in AL amyloidosisM A Rosenzweig
Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope National Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, USA
Blood Cancer J 2:e90. 2012..In multiple myeloma, the cancer-testis antigens (CTAs) CT7 (MAGE-C1), CT10 (MAGE-C2) and MAGE-A CTAs are expressed in up to 80% of cases...
- Primary malignant melanoma of the oesophagus: a clinical and pathological study with emphasis on the immunophenotype of the tumours for melanocyte differentiation markers and cancer/testis antigensChristina M Lohmann
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10021, USA
Melanoma Res 13:595-601. 2003..T311), Melan-A (MAb A103), and gp100 (MAb HMB-45), as well as antibodies to five cancer/testis (CT) antigens (MAb CT7-33 to CT7/MAGE-C1, MAb ESO121 to NY-ESO-1, MAb 57B to MAGE-A4, MAb MA454 to MAGE-A1, and MAb M3H67 to MAGE-A3)...
- Differential gene expression profiling of primary cutaneous melanoma and sentinel lymph node metastasesStephen S Koh
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Mod Pathol 25:828-37. 2012..Validation studies indicate that MAGEC1 (melanoma antigen family C1) and FCRL1 (Fc receptor-like 1) are involved in melanoma progression...
- MAGE-C1/CT7 is the dominant cancer-testis antigen targeted by humoral immune responses in patients with multiple myelomaA Curioni-Fontecedro
Leukemia 22:1646-8. 2008
- Centrosomal localisation of the cancer/testis (CT) antigens NY-ESO-1 and MAGE-C1 is regulated by proteasome activity in tumour cellsAnna Pagotto
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e83212. 2013..With proteasome inhibitors being increasingly used as front-line treatment in cancer, these data raise issues about CT antigen processing for antigenic presentation and therefore immunogenicity in cancer patients...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens MAGE-A4 and MAGE-C1 in oral squamous cell carcinomaJosé Raphael de Moura Campos Montoro
Department of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Head Neck 34:1123-8. 2012..CTAs are considered potential targets for cancer vaccines. It is possible that the CTA MAGE-A4 (melanoma antigen) and MAGE-C1 are expressed in carcinoma of the oral cavity and are related with survival...
- Benchmark tests and spin adaptation for the particle-particle random phase approximationYang Yang
Department of Chemistry, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
J Chem Phys 139:174110. 2013..of formation database, DBH24 reaction barrier database, and four test sets for non-bonded interactions (HB6/04, CT7/04, DI6/04, and WI9/04). For the G2/97 database, the pp-RPA gives a significantly smaller mean absolute error (8...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens (MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3/6, MAGE-A4, MAGE-C1 and NY-ESO-1) in primary human uveal and conjunctival melanomaJ A Errington
School of Optometry and Vision Science, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 96:451-8. 2012..The authors examined primary uveal and conjunctival melanomas for expression of CT antigens to assess their potential as targets for ocular melanoma immunotherapy...
- MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 are frequently expressed in multiple myeloma and can be explored in combined immunotherapy for this malignancyFabricio de Carvalho
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP EPM, Rua Botucatu, 740, 3o andar, Hematologia, Vila Clementino, CEP 04023 900, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer Immunol Immunother 62:191-5. 2013The exact function of MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 is not yet understood in multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Expression of MAGE-C1/CT7 and selected cancer/testis antigens in ovarian borderline tumours and primary and recurrent ovarian carcinomasAnne Katrin Zimmermann
Institute of Surgical Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 462:565-74. 2013MAGE-C1/CT7, NY-ESO-1, GAGE and MAGE-A4 are members of the cancer/testis (CT) antigen family, which have been proposed as potential targets for cancer immunotherapy...
- [Curative effect observation of patients with primary systemic amyloidosis treated by the combination of bortezomib with dexamethasone and cyclophosphamide]Jin Lu
Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Institute of Hematology, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 34:345-8. 2013..To analyze the efficacy and side effects of the combination regimen containing bortezomib, cyclophosphamide and dexamethasone(BCD) in the treatment of primary systemic amyloidosis (PSA)...
- Chromosome X-encoded Cancer/Testis antigens are less frequently expressed in non-seminomatous germ cell tumors than in seminomasYao Tseng Chen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Cancer Immun 13:10. 2013..In the present study, the expression of eight CT-X antigens (MAGE-A, NY-ESO-1, GAGE, MAGE-C1/CT7, MAGE-C2/CT10, CT45, SAGE1, and SPANX) in non-seminomatous germ cell tumors was evaluated immunohistochemically, ..
- Expression of cancer/testis (CT) antigens in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: evaluation as markers of squamous dysplasiaKathryn C Piotti
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA Electronic address
Pathol Res Pract 209:721-6. 2013..The expression of 8 CT antigens (MAGE-A, GAGE, NY-ESO-1, CT7, CT10, SAGE1, CT45 and NXF2) in 76 cases of invasive head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) was evaluated ..
- Circadian expression of clock and screening of clock-controlled genes in peripheral lymphocytes of ratYu Zhen Du
Chronobiology Laboratory, Department of Toxicology, School of Radiation Medicine and Public Health, Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:1069-73. 2005..are found under the regimes of constant darkness (DD) and 12-h light-12-h dark (LD12:12h), with the peak phase at CT7 and ZT21, respectively...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens in endometrial carcinomas using a tissue microarrayDhananjay A Chitale
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mod Pathol 18:119-26. 2005..This study was performed to analyze the expression of four CT antigens, NY-ESO-1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, and CT7/MAGE-C1, in endometrial carcinoma using immunohistochemistry, and to correlate expression with histologic subtypes, ..
- The cancer-testis antigens CT7 (MAGE-C1) and MAGE-A3/6 are commonly expressed in multiple myeloma and correlate with plasma-cell proliferationAchim A Jungbluth
New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York, NY, USA
Blood 106:167-74. 2005..Immunohistochemistry (IHC) demonstrated that 82% of stage-III myeloma specimens expressed the CT antigen CT7 (also known as melanoma antigen C1 [MAGE-C1]) and 70% expressed MAGE-A3/6...
- Expression of cancer/testis antigens in cutaneous T cell lymphomasAndreas C Häffner
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 97:668-70. 2002..SCP-1 might serve as an additional diagnostic indicator in early and clinically indistinct lesions suspicious for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma...
- Expression of cancer/testis (CT) antigens in Chinese hepatocellular carcinoma and its correlation with clinical parametersJi Run Peng
Center of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Peking University Health Science Center People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Cancer Lett 219:223-32. 2005..05), and the expression of NY-ESO-1 was related to early tumor stage (P<0.05). There was no correlation observed between the expression of CT antigens and the sex, HBV infection or tumor size...
- Novel fluorous amphiphilic heteroleptic Ru-based complexes for a dye-sensitized solar cell: the first fluorous bis-ponytailed amphiphilic Ru complexesNorman Lu
Institute of Organic and Polymeric Materials, National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Inorg Chem 50:4289-94. 2011..ligand, [Ru(H(2)dcbpy)(4,4'-bis(R(f)CH(2)OCH(2))-2,2'-bpy)(NCS)(2)] [where R(f) = HCF(2)CF(2) (CT4), C(3)F(7) (CT7), and HCF(2)CF(2)CF(2)CF(2) (CT8)], have been synthesized and fully characterized by UV/vis, visible emission, NMR, ..
- NMD and microRNA expression profiling of the HPCX1 locus reveal MAGEC1 as a candidate prostate cancer predisposition geneHenna Mattila
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere and Centre for Laboratory Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
BMC Cancer 11:327. 2011..Several predisposition loci for hereditary prostate cancer (HPC) have been suggested, including HPCX1 at Xq27-q28, but due to the complex structure of the region, the susceptibility gene has not yet been identified...
- Cancer testis antigens in newly diagnosed and relapse multiple myeloma: prognostic markers and potential targets for immunotherapyMark van Duin
Department of Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Haematologica 96:1662-9. 2011....
- Expression of cancer/testis (CT) antigens MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, CT-7, and NY-ESO-1 in malignant gammopathies is heterogeneous and correlates with site, stage and risk status of diseaseMadhav V Dhodapkar
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Immun 3:9. 2003..the following monoclonal antibodies (mAbs): mAb MA454 to MAGE-A1, mAb M3H67 to MAGE-A3, mAb 57B to MAGE-A4, mAb CT7-33 to CT7/MAGE-C1 and mAb ES121 to NY-ESO-1...
- [Expression of multiple cancer-testis antigen genes in non-small cell lung cancer treated by chemotherapy prior surgery]Yu Wang
Typing and Monitoring Laboratory, Beijing Cancer Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 84:464-8. 2004..To investigate the possibility of utilizing cancer-testi (CT) antigens as targets for immunotherapy of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with vaccines...
- Identification of MAGE-C1 (CT-7) epitopes for T-cell therapy of multiple myelomaLarry D Anderson
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:985-97. 2011....
- Heteroclitic serological response in esophageal and prostate cancer patients after NY-ESO-1 protein vaccinationJunji Kawada
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 130:584-92. 2012..Serological response against 11 tumor antigens including MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, CT7/MAGEC1, CT10/MAGEC2, CT45, CT46/HORMAD1, SOX2, SSX2, XAGE1B and p53 was examined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (..
- Expression of MAGE-A4 and MAGE-C1 tumor-associated antigen in benign and malignant thyroid diseasesDaniel Hardy Melo
Program of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Head Neck 33:1426-32. 2011..A subset of thyroid tumors characterized by a follicular growth pattern can represent a serious diagnosis. Immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology for genetic profiling have been used in an attempt to resolve some of these issues...
- Protein expression of cancer testis antigens predicts tumor recurrence and treatment response to imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsDaniel Perez
Department of Surgery, General City Hospital Triemli, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 128:2947-52. 2011..056). Our study confirms the expression of CTAs in GIST and their role as prognostic markers. It also draws attention to the potential impact of CTAs on the tumor response to imatinib...
- Chromosome X-encoded cancer/testis antigens show distinctive expression patterns in developing gonads and in testicular seminomaYao Tseng Chen
Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Reprod 26:3232-43. 2011..Cancer/testis (CT) antigens are cancer antigens normally expressed in adult testicular germ cells. The expression of chromosome X-encoded CT antigens (CT-X antigens) in human fetal gonads and in testicular seminomas was examined...
- Immunomic analysis of human sarcomaSang Yull Lee
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2651-6. 2003..study, 54 sarcoma patients were tested for serum antibodies to NY-ESO-1, SSX2, MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, MAGE-A10, CT7, and CT10...
- Mice are protected from Helicobacter pylori infection by nasal immunization with attenuated Salmonella typhimurium phoPc expressing urease A and B subunitsI E Corthesy-Theulaz
Department of Internal Medicine CHUV, and Institute of Pathology, Lausanne University, Switzerland
Infect Immun 66:581-6. 1998..and expressed under the control of a constitutive tac promoter (tac-ureAB) or a two-phase T7 expression system (cT7-ureAB)...
- Long-term effects of early cocaine exposure on the light responsiveness of the adult circadian timing systemW N Strother
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 20:555-64. 1998..Individuals were then challenged with 1-h light pulses at three circadian times (CT7, CT14, CT18). Cocaine-treated litters had a statistically significant mean phase advance of +0...
- Delayed increase in infarct volume after cerebral ischemia: correlations with thrombolytic treatment and clinical outcomeP Pantano
Department of Neurological Sciences, Section of Neuroradiology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Stroke 30:502-7. 1999....
- CT10: a new cancer-testis (CT) antigen homologous to CT7 and the MAGE family, identified by representational-difference analysisA O Gure
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 85:726-32. 2000..The identified CT antigen genes include the previously defined MAGE-A6, MAGE-A4a, MAGE-A10, CT7/MAGE-C1, as well as a novel gene designated CT10, which shows strong homology to CT7/MAGE-C1 both at cDNA and at ..
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens in lung cancer: definition of bromodomain testis-specific gene (BRDT) as a new CT gene, CT9M J Scanlan
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Lett 150:155-64. 2000..of a panel of CT antigens revealed a high incidence (60%) of MAGE-3 mRNA expression, followed by MAGE-1 (36%), CT7/MAGE-C1 (30%), CT10 (30%), SSX4 (23%), BRDT (21%), NY-ESO-1 (21%) and HOM-MEL-40/SSX2 (15%)...
- Monophasic and biphasic synovial sarcomas abundantly express cancer/testis antigen NY-ESO-1 but not MAGE-A1 or CT7A A Jungbluth
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 94:252-6. 2001..The present study was performed to analyze the expression of 3 CT antigens, NY-ESO-1, MAGE-A1 and CT7, by immunohistochemistry with 3 monoclonal antibodies (MAbs), ES121 (anti-NY-ESO-1), MA454 (anti-MAGE-A1) and CT7-..
- MAGE-C1 (CT7) gene expression in multiple myeloma: relationship to sperm protein 17S H Lim
Eur J Haematol 67:332-4. 2001
- Targeting MAGE-C1/CT7 expression increases cell sensitivity to the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in multiple myeloma cell linesFabricio de Carvalho
Disciplina de Hematologia e Hemoterapia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e27707. 2011..b>MAGEC1/CT7 expression is restricted to malignant plasma cells and it has been suggested that MAGE-C1/CT7 might play a ..
- High expression of cancer testis antigens MAGE-A, MAGE-C1/CT7, MAGE-C2/CT10, NY-ESO-1, and gage in advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the larynxDavid L A Figueiredo
Department of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaringology and Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Head Neck 33:702-7. 2011..There is considerable interest in the expression of cancer testis antigens in human cancers since they may serve as the basis for an immunologic approach to therapy...
- [The effect of hematoporphyrin photodynamic therapy on the growth of monoclonal cancer cells]A Ning
Institute of Oncology, Beijing
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 13:219-23. 1991..and Cu6, were established from Eca109 cancer cells, and four cloned esophageal cancer cell lines, Ct1, Ct2, Ct5 and Ct7, were established from Eca109 cancer cells after hematoporphyrin photodynamic therapy...
- Prognostic impact of cancer/testis antigen expression in advanced stage multiple myeloma patientsValéria C C Andrade
Discipline of Hematology and Hemotherapy, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer Immun 8:2. 2008..The expression of MAGEA1, MAGEA2, MAGEA3/6, MAGEA4, MAGEA10, MAGEA12, BAGE1, MAGEC1/CT7, the GAGE family, LAGE-1, PRAME, NY-ESO-1, SPA17 and SSX1 was studied by RT-PCR in 15 normal tissues, a pool ..
- Structure-function analyses involving palindromic analogs of tritrypticin suggest autonomy of anti-endotoxin and antibacterial activitiesKanwal J Kaur
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi 110067, India
Protein Sci 17:545-54. 2008..The two palindromic analogs of tritrypticin, NT7 (RRFPWWW) and CT7 (WWWPFRR), showed comparable antibacterial activities...
- Stat3 isoforms, alpha and beta, demonstrate distinct intracellular dynamics with prolonged nuclear retention of Stat3beta mapping to its unique C-terminal endYing Huang
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 282:34958-67. 2007..transactivation domain of Stat3alpha is deleted in Stat3beta and replaced by seven unique C-terminal residues (CT7) whose function remains uncertain...
- Priority of repetitive adaptation to mismatch response following undiscriminable auditory stimulation: a magnetoencephalographic studyMinoru Hoshiyama
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 25:854-62. 2007..conditioning stimulus (CS): white noise, a 675-Hz pure tone, and complex tones with six (CT6) and seven components (CT7), were used for analysing neural adaptation...
- Cancer/testis genes in multiple myeloma: expression patterns and prognosis value determined by microarray analysisMaud Condomines
Institute of Research in Biotherapy, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Montpellier, Montpellier, France
J Immunol 178:3307-15. 2007..Provided that the immunogenicity of the products of these 10 CT genes is confirmed, gene expression profiling could be useful in identifying which CT Ags could be used to vaccinate a given patient...
- Cancer/testis (CT) antigens are expressed in fetal ovaryPeter T Nelson
Sanders Brown Center on Aging and Dept of Pathology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Cancer Immun 7:1. 2007..The mAbs used were: MA454 (MAGE-A1), M3H67 (MAGE-A3), 57B (MAGE-A4), CT7-33 (CT7/MAGE-C1), and ES121 (NY-ESO-1). All mAbs showed some immunopositivity in fetal ovarian germ cells...
- Cancer-testis antigens: expression and correlation with survival in human urothelial carcinomaPadmanee Sharma
Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5442-7. 2006..These antigens were evaluated for both the degree of expression and prognostic value in cancer of the urothelium...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens as possible targets for antigen-specific immunotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaDjordje Atanackovic
Department of Oncology Hematology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1218-25. 2006..ideal candidates for active immunotherapy in HNSCC: MAGEA3 was expressed in 72%, SSX1 in 45%, MAGEC2 in 33%, MAGEC1 in 28%, BAGE in 17%, SSX2 in 16%, SCP1 in 12%, NY-ESO-1 in 6%, and HOM-TES-85 in 4% of cases...
- Cancer-testis genes are coordinately expressed and are markers of poor outcome in non-small cell lung cancerAli O Gure
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8055-62. 2005..We asked whether cancer-testis gene expression occurred coordinately, and whether it correlated with variables of disease and clinical outcome of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- [Cloning and subcellular localization of apr-1--a new gene of tumor specific antigen family]Wei Yan
Department of Pathology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, 710032, P R China
Ai Zheng 24:129-34. 2005..Preliminary results showed that apr-1 might be an apoptosis-related gene (GenBank ID: NM_014061). This study was to explore the background of apr-1 through gene cloning, bioinformatic analysis, and subcellular locating...
- Melanoma or not? Cancer testis antigens may helpM Lüftl
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Erlangen, Hartmannstrasse 14, D 91052 Erlangen, Germany
Br J Dermatol 151:1213-8. 2004..No CTA expression is found in normal adult tissues, except in male germ cells and occasionally placenta. To date, more than 20 CTAs or antigen families have been identified...
- Expression and prognostic relevance of MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 in osteolytic lesions of patients with multiple myelomaCaroline Pabst
Department of Oncology Hematology Bone Marrow Transplantation with the Section Pneumology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Exp Mol Pathol 89:175-81. 2010..samples and 24 bone marrow biopsies were stained immunohistochemically with antibodies against CT antigens MAGE-C1/CT7 and MAGE-C2/CT10 and Ki-67...
- Expression and significance of cancer testis antigens in primary mucosal melanoma of the head and neckManju L Prasad
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Head Neck 26:1053-7. 2004..Primary mucosal melanomas of the head and neck (HNMM) are rare aggressive malignant tumors that are usually difficult to treat. CTAs may provide useful targets for therapy; however, their expression in HNMM is not known...
- MAGE-C1/CT-7 expression in plasma cell myeloma: sub-cellular localization impacts on clinical outcomeM Tinguely
Institute of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cancer Sci 99:720-5. 2008..05) than PMs with combined nuclear-cytoplasmic or nuclear expression only. Thus, expression of MAGE-C1/CT-7 in patients with monoclonal gammopathies represents a predictor of outcome and overt malignant transformation...
- Antioxidant properties of some different molecular weight chitosansHisao Tomida
Department of Physical Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuyama University, 1 Sanzo, Gakuen cho, Fukuyama 729 0292, Japan
Carbohydr Res 344:1690-6. 2009..8 kDa, CT2; 17.0 kDa, CT3; 33.5 kDa, CT4; 62.6 kDa, CT5; 87.7 kDa, CT6; 604 kDa, CT7; 931 kDa) to protect plasma protein from oxidation by peroxyl radicals derived from 2,2'-azobis (2-amidinopropane) ..
- Longitudinal analysis and prognostic effect of cancer-testis antigen expression in multiple myelomaDjordje Atanackovic
Department of Oncology Hematology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 15:1343-52. 2009....
- Frequent expression of the novel cancer testis antigen MAGE-C2/CT-10 in hepatocellular carcinomaMarc Oliver Riener
Department of Pathology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 124:352-7. 2009..CT antigens were not expressed in intra- and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomas. Our results suggest that MAGE-C2/CT-10 may be a good candidate for peptide vaccination in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Cancer testis antigen expression in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: new markers for early recurrenceDaniel Perez
Department of Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Cancer 123:1551-5. 2008..using the following monoclonal antibodies (mAb/antigen): MA454/MAGE-A1, M3H67/MAGE-A3, 57B/MAGE-A4, CT7-33/MAGE-C1 and E978/NY-ESO-1. Fourteen tumors (40%) expressed 1 or more of the 5 CTAs tested...
- Microarray study of gene expression in uterine leiomyomaK V Litovkin
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Odessa State Medical University, Odessa, Ukraine
Exp Oncol 30:106-11. 2008..Uterine leiomyoma is a most common benign neoplasm in women of reproductive age. It arises from the myometrial compartment of the uterus and may transform in some cases to a malignant phenotype...
- Cancer-testis (CT) antigen expression in medulloblastomaSueli M Oba-Shinjo
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455, Room 4110, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer Immun 8:7. 2008..Messenger RNA expression in the samples was as follows: GAGE 64%, MAGEA3/6 56%, SYCP1 44%, SLCO6A1 32%, MAGEC1 28%, MAGEC2 28%, MAGEA4 28%, NY-ESO-1 20%, MAGEA1 16%, and TPTE 0%...
- Biodegradation of nonylphenol in sewage sludgeB V Chang
Department of Microbiology, Soochow University, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Chemosphere 60:1652-9. 2005..Of the microorganism strains isolated from the sludge samples, we found that strain CT7 (identified as Bacillus sphaericus) manifested the best degrading ability.
- Type 1 MAGE vaccine immunotherapy for multiple myelomaHearn Jay Cho; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, novel immunologic therapies such as tumor vaccines are urgently needed. We discovered that CT7 (MAGE-C1) and MAGE-A3, two members of the Melanoma Antigen Gene family of tumor-associated antigens, were detected ..
- EBV SPECIFIC THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA USING DENDRITIC CELLSMadhav Dhodapkar; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..