Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: M-CSF
Description: colony stimulating factor 1
Alias: CSF-1, MCSF, macrophage colony-stimulating factor 1, colony stimulating factor 1 (macrophage), lanimostim, macrophage colony stimulating factor 1
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Albagha O, Wani S, Visconti M, Alonso N, Goodman K, Brandi M, et al. Genome-wide association identifies three new susceptibility loci for Paget's disease of bone. Nat Genet. 2011;43:685-9 pubmed publisher..40, P = 7.38 × 10(-17)) with PDB. These seven loci explained ?13% of the familial risk of PDB. These studies provide new insights into the genetic architecture and pathophysiology of PDB. ..
- Rettenmier C, Roussel M, Ashmun R, Ralph P, Price K, Sherr C. Synthesis of membrane-bound colony-stimulating factor 1 (CSF-1) and downmodulation of CSF-1 receptors in NIH 3T3 cells transformed by cotransfection of the human CSF-1 and c-fms (CSF-1 receptor) genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:2378-87 pubmed..The data raise the possibility that this form of membrane-bound CSF-1 might stimulate receptors on adjacent cells through direct cell-cell interactions. ..
- Okazaki T, Ebihara S, Takahashi H, Asada M, Kanda A, Sasaki H. Macrophage colony-stimulating factor induces vascular endothelial growth factor production in skeletal muscle and promotes tumor angiogenesis. J Immunol. 2005;174:7531-8 pubmed..These results suggest that M-CSF promotes tumor growth by increasing endothelial progenitor cells and activating angiogenesis, and the effects of M-CSF are largely based on the induction of systemic VEGF from skeletal muscles. ..
- Lin H, Lee E, Hestir K, Leo C, Huang M, Bosch E, et al. Discovery of a cytokine and its receptor by functional screening of the extracellular proteome. Science. 2008;320:807-11 pubmed publisher..This systematic approach is thus useful for discovering new ligands and receptors and assessing the functional selectivity of extracellular regulatory proteins. ..
- Zhou Y, Yi X, Stoffer J, Bonafe N, Gilmore Hebert M, McAlpine J, et al. The multifunctional protein glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is both regulated and controls colony-stimulating factor-1 messenger RNA stability in ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1375-84 pubmed publisher..In ovarian cancers, we show that GAPDH expression is regulated, and we now recognize that one of the many functions of GAPDH is to promote mRNA stability of CSF-1, an important cytokine in tumor progression. ..
- Devaraj S, Yun J, Duncan Staley C, Jialal I. C-reactive protein induces M-CSF release and macrophage proliferation. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:262-7 pubmed publisher..These effects appear to be mediated via activation of NF-kappaB via CD32 and CD64. These studies provide further evidence for a proatherogenic role for CRP. ..
- Wei S, Nandi S, Chitu V, Yeung Y, Yu W, Huang M, et al. Functional overlap but differential expression of CSF-1 and IL-34 in their CSF-1 receptor-mediated regulation of myeloid cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;88:495-505 pubmed publisher..Thus, the different spatiotemporal expression of IL-34 and CSF-1 allows for complementary activation of the CSF-1R in developing and adult tissues. ..
- Hume D, MacDonald K. Therapeutic applications of macrophage colony-stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) and antagonists of CSF-1 receptor (CSF-1R) signaling. Blood. 2012;119:1810-20 pubmed publisher..As a treatment, CSF-1 has therapeutic potential in tissue repair. Conversely, inhibition of CSF-1R is unlikely to be effective in inflammatory disease but may have utility in cancer. ..
- Ladner M, Martin G, Noble J, Nikoloff D, Tal R, Kawasaki E, et al. Human CSF-1: gene structure and alternative splicing of mRNA precursors. EMBO J. 1987;6:2693-8 pubmed..These alternatively spliced transcripts can encode either a 224 or a 522 amino acid CSF-1. Implications of differential splicing for the production and function of CSF-1 are discussed. ..
- West R, Rubin B, Miller M, Subramanian S, Kaygusuz G, Montgomery K, et al. A landscape effect in tenosynovial giant-cell tumor from activation of CSF1 expression by a translocation in a minority of tumor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:690-5 pubmed
- Woo H, Baker T, László C, Chambers S. Nucleolin mediates microRNA-directed CSF-1 mRNA deadenylation but increases translation of CSF-1 mRNA. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:1661-77 pubmed publisher..Our findings underscore the complexity of nucleolin's actions on CSF-1 mRNA and describe the dependence of miR-130a- and miR-301a-directed CSF-1 mRNA decay and inhibition of ovarian cancer cell motility on nucleolin. ..
- Watanabe K, Hirata M, Tominari T, Matsumoto C, Fujita H, Yonekura K, et al. The MET/Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor (VEGFR)-targeted Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Also Attenuates FMS-dependent Osteoclast Differentiation and Bone Destruction Induced by Prostate Cancer. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20891-20899 pubmed
- Joshi D, Abraham D, Shiwen X, Baker D, Tsui J. Potential role of erythropoietin receptors and ligands in attenuating apoptosis and inflammation in critical limb ischemia. J Vasc Surg. 2014;60:191-201, 201.e1-2 pubmed publisher..The in vitro experiments demonstrate that ARA 290 decreases inflammation and apoptosis of ischemic myotubes. ARA 290 may potentially be used as adjunctive treatment for CLI. ..
- Wang W, Tang Y, Wang Y, Tascau L, Balcerek J, Tong W, et al. LNK/SH2B3 Loss of Function Promotes Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis. Circ Res. 2016;119:e91-e103 pubmed publisher..Hypercholesterolemia acts in platelets and hematopoietic progenitors to exacerbate thrombosis and atherosclerosis associated with LNK deficiency. ..
- Goldstein J, Kominsky D, Jacobson N, Bowers B, Regalia K, Austin G, et al. Defective leukocyte GM-CSF receptor (CD116) expression and function in inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:208-16 pubmed publisher..001). These studies identify defective expression and function of CD116 as a distinguishing feature of IBD and implicate an associated defect in innate immune responses toward granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor. ..
- Ma J, Zhang L, Yang P, Zeng Z, Xiang Z. Integrated analysis of long noncoding RNA expression profiles in lymph node metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Gene. 2018;676:47-55 pubmed publisher..This study first revealed the expression profiles and potential functions of dysregulated lncRNAs and mRNAs in HCC LNM, which may provide novel clues for further studies on HCC LNM. ..
- Wani N, Nasser M, Ahirwar D, Zhao H, Miao Z, Shilo K, et al. C-X-C motif chemokine 12/C-X-C chemokine receptor type 7 signaling regulates breast cancer growth and metastasis by modulating the tumor microenvironment. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:R54 pubmed publisher..regulation of the macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF)/macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor (MCSF-R) signaling pathway...
- di Spigna G, Iannone M, Ladogana P, Salzano S, Ventre M, Covelli B, et al. Human cardiac multipotent adult stem cells in 3D matrix: new approach of tissue engineering in cardiac regeneration post-infarction. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2017;31:911-921 pubmed..They therefore represent a promising approach to tissue engineering aimed to restore cardiac function. Our results also suggest a role of GM-CSF in cell proliferation, while TGF-Î² does not seem to be relevant. ..
- Wen C. Development and characterization of a cell line from tilapia head kidney with melanomacrophage characteristics. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;49:442-9 pubmed publisher..THK cells were subcultured more than 90 times and can be useful for investigating the development and functioning of the teleostean innate immune system. ..
- Westerterp M, Gautier E, Ganda A, Molusky M, Wang W, Fotakis P, et al. Cholesterol Accumulation in Dendritic Cells Links the Inflammasome to Acquired Immunity. Cell Metab. 2017;25:1294-1304.e6 pubmed publisher..Nlrp3 inflammasome deficiency diminished the enlarged LNs and enhanced Th1 cell polarization. These findings identify an essential role of DC cholesterol efflux pathways in maintaining immune tolerance. ..
- Nguyen T, Arthur A, Zannettino A, Gronthos S. EphA5 and EphA7 forward signaling enhances human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell maintenance, migration, and adhesion via Rac1 activation. Exp Hematol. 2017;48:72-78 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that interactions between EphA and ephrinA5 are important in maintaining the HSPC niche mediated in part by activation of Rac1 signaling. ..
- Mooney C, Cunningham A, Tsapogas P, Toellner K, Brown G. Selective Expression of Flt3 within the Mouse Hematopoietic Stem Cell Compartment. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the heterogeneous nature of HSC and HPC and the new sub-populations identified are important to understanding the origin and heterogeneity of the acute myeloid leukemias. ..
- Li W, Guo L, Rathi P, Marinova E, Gao X, Wu M, et al. Redirecting T Cells to Glypican-3 with 4-1BB Zeta Chimeric Antigen Receptors Results in Th1 Polarization and Potent Antitumor Activity. Hum Gene Ther. 2017;28:437-448 pubmed publisher..Thus, GBBz CAR endows T cells with superior proliferative potential, potent antitumor activity, and a Th1-biased cytokine profile, justifying further clinical development of GBBz CAR for immunotherapy of GPC3-positive solid tumors. ..
- Dagher N, Najafi A, Kayala K, Elmore M, White T, Medeiros R, et al. Colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor inhibition prevents microglial plaque association and improves cognition in 3xTg-AD mice. J Neuroinflammation. 2015;12:139 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of the CSF1R at lower levels in 3xTg-AD mice prevents microglial association with plaques and improves cognition. ..
- Abdellatif A, Zaki A, Abdo H, Aly D, Emara T, El Toukhy S, et al. Assessment of serum levels of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) among non-segmental vitiligo patients: a pilot study. Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Pannonica Adriat. 2015;24:43-5 pubmed..05. GM-CSF serum level may be one of the determinants of the autoimmune hypothesis in the etiopathogenesis of non-segmental vitiligo. ..
- Ahmed R, Abdel Latif M, Ahmed F. Protective effects of GM-CSF in experimental neonatal hypothyroidism. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;29:538-543 pubmed publisher..05) at tested PND. Thus, neonatal GM-CSF may be responsible for suppressing autoimmune responses and preventing hypothyroidism. ..
- Inoue S, Setoyama Y, Beck Y, Kitagawa D, Odaka A. Ex vivo induction of antitumor DEC-205+ CD11c+ cells in a murine neuroblastoma model by co-stimulation with doxorubicin, lipopolysaccharide and interleukin-4. Biomed Rep. 2016;4:27-32 pubmed..Bone marrow-derived DEC-205+ CD11c+ MHC II+ dendritic cells are key antigen-presenting cells in the induction of an immune response following phagocytosis of doxorubicin-treated neuroblastoma cells. ..
- Li Q, Kang Z, Jiang S, Zhao J, Yan S, Xu F, et al. Effects of Ambient Fine Particles PM2.5 on Human HaCaT Cells. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..5. Ambient PM2.5 may increase the risk of eczema and other skin diseases. The relative mechanism may be associated with the impairment of the skin barrier and the elevation of inflammatory responses. ..
- Hernández Santos N, Wiesner D, Fites J, McDermott A, Warner T, Wuthrich M, et al. Lung Epithelial Cells Coordinate Innate Lymphocytes and Immunity against Pulmonary Fungal Infection. Cell Host Microbe. 2018;23:511-522.e5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, LECs orchestrate IL-17A- and GM-CSF-mediated immunity in an IL-1R-dependent manner and represent an essential component of innate immunity to pulmonary fungal pathogens. ..
- Mitrasinovic O, Perez G, Zhao F, Lee Y, Poon C, Murphy G. Overexpression of macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor on microglial cells induces an inflammatory response. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30142-9 pubmed
- Huang H, Cui W, Qiu W, Zhu M, Zhao R, Zeng D, et al. Impaired wound healing results from the dysfunction of the Akt/mTOR pathway in diabetic rats. J Dermatol Sci. 2015;79:241-51 pubmed publisher..Impaired wound healing results from the dysfunction of the Akt/mTOR pathway in diabetic rats. The pharmacologic elevation of this pathway may represent an attractive intervention strategy to improve prognosis of diabetic wounds. ..
- Malemud C. Suppression of Autoimmune Arthritis by Small Molecule Inhibitors of the JAK/STAT Pathway. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2010;3:1446-1455 pubmed..A few JAK-specific SMIs have made their way into RA clinical trials. In fact, the JAK3-specific SMI, CP-690,500 is the first JAK/STAT SMI to be assessed for clinical efficacy in a Phase III RA trial. ..
- Steinberg R, Nepple K, Velaer K, Thomas L, O Donnell M. Quadruple immunotherapy of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin, interferon, interleukin-2, and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor as salvage therapy for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Urol Oncol. 2017;35:670.e7-670.e14 pubmed publisher..In patients with non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer with prior BCG failure, quadruple immunotherapy demonstrated good treatment success in some patients and warrants further evaluation. ..
- Braden L, Rasmussen K, Purcell S, Ellis L, Mahony A, Cho S, et al. Acquired Protective Immunity in Atlantic Salmon Salmo salar against the Myxozoan Kudoa thyrsites Involves Induction of MHII?+ CD83+ Antigen-Presenting Cells. Infect Immun. 2018;86: pubmed publisher..significant induction of cellular effectors, including macrophage/dendritic cells (mhii/cd83/mcsf), B cells (igm/igt), and cytotoxic T cells (cd8/nkl), in the musculature of ..
- Hayashi M, Shibazaki M, Sohma R, Ohkura T, Inaba N. Serum levels of macrophage colony-stimulating factor after cesarean section, vaginal delivery, or laparotomy in normal pregnant women and gynecologic patients. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2003;82:597-602 pubmed..Placental removal and termination of pregnancy might contribute to the decrease in M-CSF levels, leading to only a moderate increase in M-CSF levels 1 day after laparotomy in group 1. ..
- Williams K, Szilagyi A, Conrad P, Halerz M, Kini A, Li Y, et al. Peripheral blood mononuclear cell-derived erythroid progenitors and erythroblasts are decreased in burn patients. J Burn Care Res. 2013;34:133-41 pubmed publisher..004) and proerythroblasts (24%; P < .05), were decreased significantly by days 28 to 31 after the burn. PBMCs of burn patients can be used to study impaired erythropoiesis and anemia of critical illness. ..
- Nakazawa Y, Matsuda K, Kurata T, Sueki A, Tanaka M, Sakashita K, et al. Anti-proliferative effects of T cells expressing a ligand-based chimeric antigen receptor against CD116 on CD34(+) cells of juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:27 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, GMR CAR T cells exerted no effects on normal CD34(+) cell colony growth. Ligand-based GMR CAR T cells may have anti-proliferative effects on stem and progenitor cells in JMML. ..
- Polk A, Lu Y, Wang T, Seymour E, Bailey N, Singer J, et al. Colony-Stimulating Factor-1 Receptor Is Required for Nurse-like Cell Survival in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:6118-6128 pubmed..CSF-1R is a novel therapeutic target that may be exploited in lymphoproliferative disorders, like CLL, that are dependent upon lymphoma-associated macrophages. Clin Cancer Res; 22(24); 6118-28. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Feng X, Jopson T, Paladini M, Liu S, West B, Gupta N, et al. Colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor blockade prevents fractionated whole-brain irradiation-induced memory deficits. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:215 pubmed publisher..Blockade of CSF-1R by PLX5622 prevents fractionated whole-brain irradiation-induced memory deficits. Therapeutic targeting of CSF-1R may provide a new avenue for protection from radiation-induced memory deficits. ..
- Shu Y, Long L, Liao S, Yang J, Li J, Qiu W, et al. Involvement of the optic nerve in mutated CSF1R-induced hereditary diffuse leukoencephalopathy with axonal spheroids. BMC Neurol. 2016;16:171 pubmed publisher..A diagnosis of HDLS should be considered in patients with white matter lesions and optic nerves injury upon magnetic resonance imaging that mimics progressive multiple sclerosis. ..
- Sheih A, Parks W, Ziegler S. GM-CSF produced by the airway epithelium is required for sensitization to cockroach allergen. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;10:705-715 pubmed publisher..Thus, we demonstrate that epithelial-derived GM-CSF is a critical early signal during allergic sensitization to CRA. ..
- Sutovsky J, Benco M, Sutovska M, Kocmálová M, Pappová L, Miklušica J, et al. Cytokine and chemokine profile changes in patients with lower segment lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis. Int J Surg. 2017;43:163-170 pubmed publisher..The control samples and analytical methods used avoided any false changes in the cytokine levels due to secondary factors (e.g., death of donor and limited cytokine stability). ..
- Camargo Díaz F, García V, Ocampo Bárcenas A, González Márquez H, Lopez Bayghen E. Colony stimulating factor-1 and leukemia inhibitor factor expression from current-cycle cannula isolated endometrial cells are associated with increased endometrial receptivity and pregnancy. BMC Womens Health. 2017;17:63 pubmed publisher..05). Here, we provide evidence of a new method to assess endometrial receptivity. Furthermore, we demonstrate that the expression profile, based on LIF and CSF-1, showed a difference between a receptive and a non-receptive endometrium. ..
- Zhang D, Tian X, Feng R, Guo X, Wang P, Situ Y, et al. Secondary pulmonary alveolar proteinosis: a single-center retrospective study (a case series and literature review). BMC Pulm Med. 2018;18:15 pubmed publisher..sPAP should be suspected in PAP patients whose CT scan presents only ground-glass opacities without interlobular septal thickening. ..
- Morishita E, Sekiya A, Hayashi T, Kadohira Y, Maekawa M, Yamazaki M, et al. Increased macrophage colony-stimulating factor levels in patients with Graves' disease. Int J Hematol. 2008;88:272-277 pubmed publisher..05). The close correlation between serum M-CSF and serum thyroid hormone levels suggests that high circulating levels of thyroid hormones may directly or indirectly potentiate the production of M-CSF in patients with GD. ..
- Cheng Y, Rondon G, Sanchez L, McMannis J, Couriel D, de Lima M, et al. Interleukin-2 and granulocyte-macrophage-colony-stimulating factor immunomodulation with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with metastatic breast cancer. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:627-634 pubmed publisher..Estimated 3-year progression-free and overall survival rates were 31 and 57%. Our study suggested that the use of IL-2 and growth factors immunomodulation with HDC/AHST was feasible with comparable survival rates. ..
- Sebban S, Farago M, Rabinovich S, Lazer G, Idelchuck Y, Ilan L, et al. Vav1 promotes lung cancer growth by instigating tumor-microenvironment cross-talk via growth factor secretion. Oncotarget. 2014;5:9214-26 pubmed..Additional results presented herein suggest a potential cross-talk between cancer cells and the microenvironment controlled by CSF1/Vav1 signaling pathways. ..
- Xie W, Lorenz S, Dolder S, Hofstetter W. Extracellular Iron is a Modulator of the Differentiation of Osteoclast Lineage Cells. Calcif Tissue Int. 2016;98:275-83 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate transcriptional regulation of the components of cellular iron transporters during OC development and suggests that iron homeostasis may contribute to fine-tuning of the RANKL-induced OC development. ..
- Bhawal U, Lee H, Arikawa K, Shimosaka M, Suzuki M, Toyama T, et al. Micromolar sodium fluoride mediates anti-osteoclastogenesis in Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced alveolar bone loss. Int J Oral Sci. 2015;7:242-9 pubmed publisher..The in vivo effect of NaF on the inhibition of P. gingivalis-induced osteoclastogenesis strengthens the potential usefulness of NaF for treating periodontal diseases. ..
- Soliman H, Mediavilla Varela M, Antonia S. A GM-CSF and CD40L bystander vaccine is effective in a murine breast cancer model. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2015;7:389-97 pubmed publisher..This vaccine is being evaluated in lung cancer and should be explored further in clinical trials of breast cancer patients at high risk of recurrence or in combination with other immunomodulatory agents. ..
- Seo B, Ryu H, Park Y, Huh J, Baek Y. Dual effect of WIN-34B on osteogenesis and osteoclastogenesis in cytokine-induced mesenchymal stem cells and bone marrow cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;193:227-236 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that WIN-34B increased osteogenesis and decreased osteoclastogenesis in cytokine-induced mesenchymal stem cells and bone marrow cells via inhibition of the NF-?B, JNK, and p38 MAPK pathways. ..
- Feldmeyer L, Heidemeyer K, Yawalkar N. Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis: Pathogenesis, Genetic Background, Clinical Variants and Therapy. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Treatment is based on the removal of the causative drug, supportive care, infection prevention and use of potent topical or systemic steroids. ..
- Wang J, Lei X, Cheng X, Zhang X, Liu G, Cheng J, et al. LW-AFC, a new formula derived from Liuwei Dihuang decoction, ameliorates behavioral and pathological deterioration via modulating the neuroendocrine-immune system in PrP-hA?PPswe/PS1?E9 transgenic mice. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2016;8:57 pubmed
- Swingler S, Mann A, Zhou J, Swingler C, Stevenson M. Apoptotic killing of HIV-1-infected macrophages is subverted by the viral envelope glycoprotein. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:1281-90 pubmed..The anti-cancer agent Imatinib inhibited M-CSF receptor activation and restored the apoptotic sensitivity of HIV-1-infected macrophages, suggesting a novel strategy to curtail viral persistence in the macrophage reservoir. ..
- Stafford J, Hirai T, Deng L, Chernikova S, Urata K, West B, et al. Colony stimulating factor 1 receptor inhibition delays recurrence of glioblastoma after radiation by altering myeloid cell recruitment and polarization. Neuro Oncol. 2016;18:797-806 pubmed publisher..CSF-1R inhibition may be a promising strategy to improve GBM response to radiotherapy. ..
- Kalinina N, Kharlampieva D, Loguinova M, Butenko I, Pobeguts O, Efimenko A, et al. Characterization of secretomes provides evidence for adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells subtypes. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015;6:221 pubmed publisher..Variability in the secretion of several proteins from cultured ADSCs of individual subjects suggests that these cells exist as a heterogeneous population containing functionally distinct subtypes, which differ in numbers between donors. ..
- Milara J, Cervera A, de Diego A, Sanz C, Juan G, Gavaldá A, et al. Non-neuronal cholinergic system contributes to corticosteroid resistance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients. Respir Res. 2016;17:145 pubmed..LAMAs potentiate the anti-inflammatory effects of corticosteroids in neutrophils from COPD patients in vitro, thus providing a scientific rationale for their use in combination with corticosteroids in the treatment of COPD. ..
- Xu X, Guo Y, Zhao J, He S, Wang Y, Lin Y, et al. Punicalagin, a PTP1B inhibitor, induces M2c phenotype polarization via up-regulation of HO-1 in murine macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;110:408-420 pubmed publisher..This study provided new insights into the mechanisms of PUN-mediated anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities and provided new therapeutic strategies for inflammatory diseases. ..
- Tabernero J, Lenz H, Siena S, Sobrero A, Falcone A, Ychou M, et al. Analysis of circulating DNA and protein biomarkers to predict the clinical activity of regorafenib and assess prognosis in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective, exploratory analysis of the CORRECT trial. Lancet Oncol. 2015;16:937-48 pubmed publisher..Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Ziora D, JastrzÄ™bski D, Adamek M, Czuba Z, Kozielski J, Grzanka A, et al. Circulating concentration of markers of angiogenic activity in patients with sarcoidosis and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. BMC Pulm Med. 2015;15:113 pubmed publisher..In contrast to sarcoidosis, IPF is characterized by a higher serum concentration of different molecules involved in the angiogenic processes . ..
- Truong M, Choi B, Kim Y, Kim M, Min B. Granulocyte macrophage - colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) significantly enhances articular cartilage repair potential by microfracture. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2017;25:1345-1352 pubmed publisher..Intravenous administration of GM-CSF together with MFX could be a promising therapeutic protocol to enhance the repair of cartilage defects. ..
- Tkachuk M, Gisler R. The promoter of macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor is active in astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 1997;225:121-5 pubmed..We hypothesize that M-CSF released by astrocytes, upon stimulation by lipopolysaccharide (LPS), tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) or interleukin-1 (IL-1), regulates the expression of its own receptor. ..
- Kazawa T, Kawasaki T, Sakamoto A, Imamura M, Ohashi R, Jiang S, et al. Expression of liver X receptor alpha and lipid metabolism in granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor-induced human monocyte-derived macrophage. Pathol Int. 2009;59:152-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the inhibitory activity of LXRalpha, ABCA1 and MSR-A by LPS may be related to the transformation of Mvarphis, especially GM-Mvarphi into foam cells...
- Beckers L, Stroobants S, Verheijden S, West B, D Hooge R, Baes M. Specific suppression of microgliosis cannot circumvent the severe neuropathology in peroxisomal ?-oxidation-deficient mice. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2017;80:123-133 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the unaltered inflammatory profile despite suppressed microgliosis concurrent with persevering clinical decline strengthens our hypothesis that neuroinflammation importantly contributes to the Mfp2-/- phenotype. ..
- Lira Júnior R, Akerman S, Gustafsson A, Klinge B, Boström E. Colony stimulating factor-1 in saliva in relation to age, smoking, and oral and systemic diseases. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7280 pubmed publisher..CSF-1 might be a promising biomarker candidate in saliva of both local and systemic conditions that needs further investigation. ..
- Singh K, Kampen R, Hoffmann S, Eldaif S, Kirk A. Renal epithelial cell-derived monocyte colony stimulating factor as a local informant of renal injury and means of monocyte activation. Transpl Int. 2009;22:730-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we suggest that renal tubular cell derived m-CSF is a stimulus for monocyte activation and may be an important target for control of IRI-associated immune activation. ..
- Kowalska M, Tajer J, Chechlinska M, Fuksiewicz M, Kotowicz B, Kaminska J, et al. Serum macrophage colony-stimulating factor (M-CSF) in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma. Med Oncol. 2012;29:2143-7 pubmed publisher..These observations may indicate a pathogenetic role of M-CSF in Hodgkin lymphoma. ..
- Tang Y, Liu L, Xu D, Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhou J, et al. Interaction between astrocytic colony stimulating factor and its receptor on microglia mediates central sensitization and behavioral hypersensitivity in chronic post ischemic pain model. Brain Behav Immun. 2018;68:248-260 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrated that glial CSF1/CSF1R pathway mediated the microglial activation and proliferation, which facilitated the nociceptive output and contributed to the chronic pain induced by IR injury. ..
- Nishimura M, Yamaguchi E, Takahashi A, Asai N, Katsuda E, Ohta T, et al. Clinical significance of serum anti-GM-CSF autoantibody levels in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. Biomark Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Precise clinical significance of antigranulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) autoantibody levels in autoimmune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (aPAP) has not been well studied...
- Hawgood S, Akiyama J, Brown C, Allen L, Li G, Poulain F. GM-CSF mediates alveolar macrophage proliferation and type II cell hypertrophy in SP-D gene-targeted mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;280:L1148-56 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Umesaki N. Regulation of the cellular subpopulation ratios of normal human endometrial stromal cells by macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:617-20 pubmed..Hence, M-CSF may autoregulate functional cellular subpopulations of human endometrial stromal cells in an autocrine or a paracrine manner. ..
- Abraham D, Zins K, Sioud M, Lucas T, Schäfer R, Stanley E, et al. Stromal cell-derived CSF-1 blockade prolongs xenograft survival of CSF-1-negative neuroblastoma. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:1339-52 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrated that increased CSF-1 production by host cells enhances TAM recruitment and NB growth and that the CSF-1 phenotype of NB tumor cells adversely affects survival. ..
- Rush B, Coughlin M, Sanyal G. In vitro infectivity of oncolytic Newcastle Disease Virus: Correlation between plaque and fluorescent focus assays. J Virol Methods. 2018;251:69-74 pubmed publisher..These results point to amenability of FFA to transfer between different laboratories and analysts, without introducing significant subjectivity in data analysis. ..
- Kieslinger M, Woldman I, Moriggl R, Hofmann J, Marine J, Ihle J, et al. Antiapoptotic activity of Stat5 required during terminal stages of myeloid differentiation. Genes Dev. 2000;14:232-44 pubmed..Taken together, our findings suggest that Stat5 may promote cytokine-dependent survival and proliferation of differentiating myeloid progenitor cells in stress or pathological situations, such as inflammation. ..
- Zheng R, Klang K, Gorin N, Small D. Lack of KIT or FMS internal tandem duplications but co-expression with ligands in AML. Leuk Res. 2004;28:121-6 pubmed
- Kawamura K, Komohara Y, Takaishi K, Katabuchi H, Takeya M. Detection of M2 macrophages and colony-stimulating factor 1 expression in serous and mucinous ovarian epithelial tumors. Pathol Int. 2009;59:300-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CSF-1 derived from tumor tissues induces macrophages to shift toward the M2 phenotype, which is considered to promote tumor growth. ..
- Aligeti S, Kirma N, Binkley P, Schenken R, Tekmal R. Colony-stimulating factor-1 exerts direct effects on the proliferation and invasiveness of endometrial epithelial cells. Fertil Steril. 2011;95:2464-6 pubmed publisher..We have shown that CSF-1, in an autocrine fashion, has a direct effect on endometrial epithelial cell proliferation and attachment to peritoneal mesothelial cells, early steps in endometriosis lesion formation on the peritoneum. ..
- Wang M, Subramanian M, Abramowicz S, Murphy A, Gonen A, Witztum J, et al. Interleukin-3/granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor promotes stem cell expansion, monocytosis, and atheroma macrophage burden in mice with hematopoietic ApoE deficiency. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:976-84 pubmed publisher..We investigated the role of the CBS in cholesterol-driven HSPC expansion, monocytosis, and atherosclerosis...
- Fu G, Tian S, Cha X, Huang H, Lou J, Wei Y, et al. Topically administered rhGM-CSF affects PPAR? expression in the stasis zone. Exp Ther Med. 2017;14:4825-4830 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, rhGM-CSF hydrogel effectively promotes the expression of PPAR?, and the hydrogel had a specific protective effect for the stasis zone...
- Nakao K, Kubota S, Doi H, Eguchi T, Oka M, Fujisawa T, et al. Collaborative action of M-CSF and CTGF/CCN2 in articular chondrocytes: possible regenerative roles in articular cartilage metabolism. Bone. 2005;36:884-92 pubmed..Such roles of M-CSF were further supported by the distribution of M-CSF producing chondrocytes in experimentally induced rat osteoarthritis cartilage in vivo. ..
- SÃ©galiny A, Brion R, Brulin B, Maillasson M, Charrier C, TÃ©letchÃ©a S, et al. IL-34 and M-CSF form a novel heteromeric cytokine and regulate the M-CSF receptor activation and localization. Cytokine. 2015;76:170-181 pubmed publisher..This study establishes a new foundation for the understanding of the functional relationship between IL-34 and M-CSF, and gives a new vision for the development of therapeutic approaches targeting the IL-34/M-CSF/M-CSFR axis. ..
- Ito M, Nakagome K, Ohta H, Akasaka K, Uchida Y, Hashimoto A, et al. Elderly-onset hereditary pulmonary alveolar proteinosis and its cytokine profile. BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:40 pubmed publisher..The analyses of serum cytokine levels during WLL suggested that GM-CSF signaling might be compensated by other signaling pathways, leading to elderly-onset PAP. ..
- Konno T, Yoshida K, Mizuta I, Mizuno T, Kawarai T, Tada M, et al. Diagnostic criteria for adult-onset leukoencephalopathy with axonal spheroids and pigmented glia due to CSF1R mutation. Eur J Neurol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..To establish and validate diagnostic criteria for adult-onset leukoencephalopathy with axonal spheroids and pigmented glia (ALSP) due to colony-stimulating factor 1 receptor (CSF1R) mutation...
- Park J, Lee N, Lee S. Current Understanding of RANK Signaling in Osteoclast Differentiation and Maturation. Mol Cells. 2017;40:706-713 pubmed publisher..In the late stage of osteoclastogenesis, NFATc1 translocates into the nucleus where it induces numerous osteoclast-specific target genes that are responsible for cell fusion and function...