Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lysyl hydroxylase
Description: procollagen-lysine, 2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1
Alias: EDS6, LH1, LLH, PLOD, lysine hydroxylase, lysyl hydroxlase 1, procollagen-lysine 1, 2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1, procollagen-lysine,2-oxoglutarate 5-dioxygenase 1
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of arginine-700 as the residue that binds the C-5 carboxyl group of 2-oxoglutarate in human lysyl hydroxylase 1K Passoja
Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
FEBS Lett 434:145-8. 1998b>Lysyl hydroxylase catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens by a reaction that involves oxidative decarboxylation of 2-oxoglutarate...
- Deletion of cysteine 369 in lysyl hydroxylase 1 eliminates enzyme activity and causes Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIH N Yeowell
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 19:37-46. 2000This study describes the relative contribution of the 10 cysteine residues in lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1) to enzyme activity...
- Characterization of three fragments that constitute the monomers of the human lysyl hydroxylase isoenzymes 1-3. The 30-kDa N-terminal fragment is not required for lysyl hydroxylase activityKati Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter Oulu and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 277:23084-91. 2002b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens; three human isoenzymes have been cloned so far...
- A translocation interrupts the COL5A1 gene in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and hypomelanosis of ItoH V Toriello
Cytogenetics Laboratory, Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Nat Genet 13:361-5. 1996..types I and III have been demonstrated in EDS types VII and IV, respectively, while mutations in the lysyl hydroxylase and ATP7A genes, with roles in collagen cross-linking, are responsible for EDS types VI and IX...
- Effect of hyper- and microgravity on collagen post-translational controls of MC3T3-E1 osteoblastsMitsuru Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 18:1695-705. 2003..We found that altered gravitational load affected the post-translational modification of collagen, particularly the collagen maturation pathway, through altered expression of enzymes involved in cross-link formation...
- Interleukin 4 and prolonged hypoxia induce a higher gene expression of lysyl hydroxylase 2 and an altered cross-link pattern: important pathogenetic steps in early and late stage of systemic scleroderma?J Brinckmann
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Matrix Biol 24:459-68. 2005..In the present study, we analyzed the cross-link pattern and the gene expression of lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) in the skin of SSc...
- An Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIA patient with cystic malformations of the meningesHeather N Yeowell
Div of Dermatology, Duke Univ Medical Centre, Durham, NC, USA
Eur J Dermatol 15:353-8. 2005..9 kb in the lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1) gene that is the cause of severely decreased levels of LH activity in her skin fibroblasts...
- A new Ehlers-Danlos syndrome with craniofacial characteristics, multiple congenital contractures, progressive joint and skin laxity, and multisystem fragility-related manifestationsTomoki Kosho
Department of Medical Genetics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 152:1333-46. 2010..and skeletal features, overlapping with the kyphoscoliosis type Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) but without lysyl hydroxylase deficiency [Kosho et al. (2005) Am J Med Genet Part A 138A:282-287]...
- Differential diagnosis of muscular hypotonia in infants: the kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VI)Uluc Yis
Division of Child Neurology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Neuromuscul Disord 18:210-4. 2008..Biochemically, it is characterized by a deficiency of collagen lysyl hydroxylase (EC 220.127.116.11) due to mutations in PLOD1...
- Interstitial collagen synthesis and processing in human amnion: a property of the mesenchymal cellsM L Casey
Cecil H and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Biol Reprod 55:1253-60. 1996..2(I), and alpha 1(III) subunit mRNAs and the specific activities of the enzymes prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase were greatest in human amnion tissue early in gestation, decreasing rather abruptly after 12-14 wk gestation ..
- Mutational analysis of the lysyl hydroxylase 1 gene (PLOD) in six unrelated patients with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI: prenatal exclusion of this disorder in one familyH N Yeowell
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hum Mutat 16:90. 2000Screening of full length cDNAs for lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1; also PLOD) amplified from dermal fibroblasts from six unrelated patients with the autosomal recessive disorder Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI (EDS VI) has shown them to be both ..
- Heterogeneous basis of the type VIB form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIB) that is unrelated to decreased collagen lysyl hydroxylationL C Walker
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Med Genet A 131:155-62. 2004..diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VI (EDS VI; kyphoscoliosis type), have significantly decreased lysyl hydroxylase (LH) activity due to mutations in the LH1 gene (classified as EDS VIA: OMIM no. 225400)...
- Spondylocheiro dysplastic form of the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome--an autosomal-recessive entity caused by mutations in the zinc transporter gene SLC39A13Cecilia Giunta
Division of Metabolism and Molecular Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Hum Genet 82:1290-305. 2008..2 in controls. Lysyl and prolyl residues of collagens were underhydroxylated despite normal lysyl hydroxylase and prolyl 4-hydroxylase activities; underhydroxylation was a generalized process as shown by mass ..
- Lysyl hydroxylase 2 is a specific telopeptide hydroxylase, while all three isoenzymes hydroxylate collagenous sequencesKati Takaluoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter Oulu and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014, Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 26:396-403. 2007b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH), with three isoenzymes in vertebrates, catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine by acting on -X-Lys-Gly- triplets in the collagenous domains of proteins of the collagen superfamily and also in -X-Lys-Ala- or -X-Lys-..
- Mechanism of inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase activity by the organophosphates malathion and malaoxonA Samimi
Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 176:181-6. 2001Direct inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase by malathion and malaoxon was observed in an in vitro enzyme assay with recombinant lysyl hydroxylase expressed via a baculoviral system...
- Molecular cloning of chick lysyl hydroxylase. Little homology in primary structure to the two types of subunit of prolyl 4-hydroxylaseR Myllyla
Collagen Research Unit, University of Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 266:2805-10. 1991b>Lysyl hydroxylase (EC 18.104.22.168), an alpha 2 dimer, catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens by the hydroxylation of lysine residues in X-Lys-Gly sequences...
- Premature aggregation of type IV collagen and early lethality in lysyl hydroxylase 3 null miceKati Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14120-5. 2004..We generated mice with targeted inactivation of the gene for one of the three lysyl hydroxylase isoenzymes, LH3. The null embryos developed seemingly normally until embryonic day 8...
- Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) modifies proteins in the extracellular space, a novel mechanism for matrix remodelingAntti M Salo
Department of Biochemistry and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Cell Physiol 207:644-53. 2006b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3), the multifunctional enzyme associated with collagen biosynthesis that possesses lysyl hydroxylase and collagen glycosyltransferase activities, has been characterized in the extracellular space in this study...
- Coenzyme A stimulates collagen production in cultured fibroblasts; possible mechanisms in enzymatic and gene expressionK Mio
Life Science Research Center, Lion Corporation, Odawara, Kanagawa, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 293:522-31. 2001..hand, coenzyme A did not stimulate the activity nor the gene expression of two other processing enzymes: lysyl hydroxylase, which provides the sites for glycosylation and crosslinking between collagen peptides, and lysyl oxidase, a ..
- Secretion and assembly of type IV and VI collagens depend on glycosylation of hydroxylysinesLaura Sipilä
Biocenter Oulu, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, FI 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 282:33381-8. 2007..The formation of glycosylated hydroxylysines is catalyzed by multifunctional lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) in vivo, and we have used LH3-manipulated mice and cells as models to study the function of these ..
- Procollagen synthesis is increased in hypothyroid rat ovary by a parallel and compensatory pathwaySamir Kumar Saha
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
Cell Physiol Biochem 19:313-22. 2007..Down regulation of lysyl hydroxylase in hypothyroid condition results less collagen formation...
- Prolyl 3-hydroxylase 1, enzyme characterization and identification of a novel family of enzymesJanice A Vranka
Research Department, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23615-21. 2004..3-hydroxylases, which share the conserved residues present in the active site of prolyl 4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase. P3H1 is the chick homologue of mammalian leprecan or growth suppressor 1...
- The myotomal diwanka (lh3) glycosyltransferase and type XVIII collagen are critical for motor growth cone migrationValerie A Schneider
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Neuron 50:683-95. 2006..cloning of diwanka and show that it encodes LH3, a myotomally expressed multifunctional enzyme with lysyl hydroxylase and glycosyltransferase domains...
- Vitamin C and bone markers: investigations in a Gambian populationKaren Munday
Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NL, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 62:429-36. 2003..Vitamin C acts as a cofactor for the enzyme lysyl hydroxylase, which is required for the hydroxylation of lysine residues in procollagen chains...
- Morphological and molecular analysis of idiopathic gingival fibromatosis: a case reportNicoletta Gagliano
Department of Human Morphology LITA Segrate, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 32:1116-21. 2005..As this overgrowth involves collagen accumulation in the gingival connective tissue, we measured the collagen turnover to clarify the pathogenic mechanisms potentially involved...
- Lack of collagen type specificity for lysyl hydroxylase isoformsC Wang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
DNA Cell Biol 19:71-7. 2000b>Lysyl hydroxylase is the enzyme catalyzing the formation of hydroxylysyl residues in collagens. Large differences in the extent of hydroxylysyl residues are found among collagen types...
- Cloning and characterization of a third human lysyl hydroxylase isoformK Passoja
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, FIN 90220 Oulu, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:10482-6. 1998b>Lysyl hydroxylase (EC 22.214.171.124), a homodimer, catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens. Recently, an isoenzyme termed lysyl hydroxylase 2 has been cloned from human sources [M. Valtavaara, H. Papponen, A.-M. Pirttilä, K...
- The let-268 locus of Caenorhabditis elegans encodes a procollagen lysyl hydroxylase that is essential for type IV collagen secretionK R Norman
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Dev Biol 227:690-705. 2000..We have identified several mutations in a procollagen processing enzyme, lysyl hydroxylase (let-268)...
- The glycosyltransferase activities of lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) in the extracellular space are important for cell growth and viabilityChunguang Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
J Cell Mol Med 13:508-21. 2009b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) isoform 3 is a post-translational enzyme possessing LH, collagen galactosyltransferase (GT) and glucosyltransferase (GGT) activities...
- Tissue-specific expression and regulation of the alternatively-spliced forms of lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) in human kidney cells and skin fibroblastsLinda C Walker
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, Box 3135, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 23:515-23. 2005..b>Lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) exists as two alternatively-spliced forms; the long transcript (the major ubiquitously-expressed ..
- Effect of minoxidil on rabbit lens epithelial cell behavior in vitro and in situI Ishida
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, Kimiidera, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:770-7. 2001..Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in procollagen hydroxylation...
- Tissue specificity of a new splice form of the human lysyl hydroxylase 2 geneH N Yeowell
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Matrix Biol 18:179-87. 1999In this study we present the first report of alternative RNA splicing in a gene for lysyl hydroxylase (LH) in a normal population. This splicing event, which we have observed in the LH2 gene, appears to be tissue specific...
- Lysyl hydroxylase-2b directs collagen cross-linking pathways in MC3T3-E1 cellsSuchaya Pornprasertsuk
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7455, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:1349-55. 2004..The data indicate that LH2b directs collagen cross-linking pathways through its action on telopeptidyl lysine residues...
- A therapeutic dose of FK506 does not affect collagen turnover pathways in healthy human gingival fibroblastsN Gagliano
Department of Human Morphology, Extracellular Matrix Laboratory EML, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1419-24. 2008..Collagen type I and III (COL-I, COL-III), lysyl hydroxylase 2b (LH2b), MMP-1 and -2, tissue inhibitor of MMP-1 and transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA ..
- Reduction of lysyl hydroxylase 3 causes deleterious changes in the deposition and organization of extracellular matrixMaija Risteli
Department of Biochemistry, P O Box 3000, University of Oulu, FI 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 284:28204-11. 2009b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) is a multifunctional enzyme possessing lysyl hydroxylase, collagen galactosyltransferase, and glucosyltransferase (GGT) activities...
- Complete exon-intron organization of the gene for human lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3)K Rautavuoma
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Kajaanintie 52 A, FIN 90220, Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 19:73-9. 2000b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) catalyzes the formation of hydroxylysine in collagens and related proteins by the hydroxylation of lysine residues in peptide linkages. Three isoenzymes of LH have so far been characterized...
- Phenotypic and molecular characterization of Bruck syndrome (osteogenesis imperfecta with contractures of the large joints) caused by a recessive mutation in PLOD2Russia Ha-Vinh
Division of Molecular Pediatrics, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Med Genet A 131:115-20. 2004..One BS locus has been mapped at 17p12, but more recently, two mutations in the lysyl hydroxylase 2 gene (PLOD2, 3q23-q24) have been identified in BS, showing genetic heterogeneity...
- Missense mutations that cause Bruck syndrome affect enzymatic activity, folding, and oligomerization of lysyl hydroxylase 2Marjo Hyry
Oulu Center for Cell Matrix Research, Biocenter Oulu, and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 284:30917-24. 2009..Three point mutations in lysyl hydroxylase (LH) 2, the enzyme responsible for the hydroxylation of collagen telopeptides, have been identified in Bruck ..
- Effects of elevated circulating IGF-1 on the extracellular matrix in "high-growth" C57BL/6J miceK Reiser
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Physiol 271:R696-703. 1996..Expression of types I and III collagen, lysyl oxidase, and lysyl hydroxylase was increased in all tissues analyzed...
- Evidence that impaired intracellular collagen synthesis reduces proliferation in cultured rat hepatocytesH Ikeda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 200:1701-7. 1994..The addition of P-1894B or minoxidil, which inhibits specifically prolyl hydroxylase or lysyl hydroxylase, respectively, also produced similar results...
- Differential effects of homocysteine and beta aminopropionitrile on preosteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cellsRoman Thaler
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Osteology, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Bone 46:703-9. 2010..increased the ratio of pyr/divalent cross-links of collagen, and down-regulated mRNA expression of lysyl hydroxylase (Plod2) and lysyl oxidase (Lox), genes which play an important role in the formation of a stable matrix...
- PITX2 isoform-specific regulation of atrial natriuretic factor expression: synergism and repression with Nkx2.5Mrudula Ganga
Department of Biological Science, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104 3189, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22437-45. 2003..5. We further demonstrate that the procollagen lysyl hydroxylase (PLOD1) promoter is regulated by Nkx2.5. Mechanistically, PITX2C and Nkx2...
- Penicillin G does not alter collagen type I metabolism of dermal fibroblasts in cultureU Anderegg
Department of Dermatology, Leipzig University, and Saxon Academy of Science, Leipzig, Germany
Dermatology 200:111-4. 2000..Penicillin G (PenG) has successfully been used for therapy of dermal fibrosis in patients suffering from systemic sclerosis (SSc). However, there is little knowledge on the mechanism of the antifibrotic action of PenG...
- cDNA cloning and expression of bovine aspartyl (asparaginyl) beta-hydroxylaseS Jia
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486
J Biol Chem 267:14322-7. 1992..amino acid sequences of two other alpha-ketoglutarate-dependent dioxygenases, prolyl-4-hydroxylase and lysyl hydroxylase, with that of Asp beta-hydroxylase showed no significant homologies...
- Crystal structure of the 2-oxoglutarate- and Fe(II)-dependent lysyl hydroxylase JMJD6Monica Mantri
Department of Chemistry and Oxford Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, UK
J Mol Biol 401:211-22. 2010..Together with mutational studies, the structural data suggest how JMJD6 binds its lysyl residues such that it can catalyse C-5 hydroxylation rather than Nepsilon-demethylation, as for analogous enzymes...
- Genomic structure and embryonic expression of zebrafish lysyl hydroxylase 1 and lysyl hydroxylase 2Valerie A Schneider
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Matrix Biol 26:12-9. 2007Collagen biosynthesis in both invertebrates and vertebrates is critically dependent upon the activity of lysyl hydroxylase (LH) enzymes...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel human lysyl hydroxylase isoform highly expressed in pancreas and muscleM Valtavaara
Biocenter and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, FIN 90570 Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 272:6831-4. 1997We report the isolation and characterization of cDNA clones for a novel isoform of lysyl hydroxylase (lysyl hydroxylase 2), a posttranslational enzyme of collagen biosynthesis...
- Characterization of the core complex of Rubrivivax gelatinosus in a mutant devoid of the LH2 antennaJean Luc Ranck
Institut Curie, Paris, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1709:220-30. 2005The core complex of purple bacteria is a supramolecular assembly consisting of an array of light-harvesting LH1 antenna organized around the reaction center...
- Osteoarthritis-related fibrosis is associated with both elevated pyridinoline cross-link formation and lysyl hydroxylase 2b expressionD F G Remst
Rheumatology Research and Advanced Therapeutics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:157-64. 2013..We investigated several factors associated with the persistence of transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β)-induced fibrosis and whether these factors also play a role in OA-related fibrosis...
- Ultrafast excited state processes in Roseobacter denitrificans antennae: comparison of isolated complexes and native membranesMarco Ferretti
VU University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Phys Chem Chem Phys 16:26059-66. 2014..been applied to isolate LH2, genetically modified membranes with LH2-only and wild type membranes with both LH2 and LH1 antennae of Rsb...
- Structural and functional proteomics of intracytoplasmic membrane assembly in Rhodobacter sphaeroidesKamil Woronowicz
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers Energy Institute, Rutgers University, Busch Campus, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8082, USA
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 23:48-62. 2013..gave rise to four pigmented bands: the top and bottom bands contained the reaction center-light-harvesting 1 (RC-LH1) core complex and the LH2 peripheral antenna, respectively, while two bands of intermediate migration exhibited ..
- Solution structure of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides PufX membrane protein: implications for the quinone exchange and protein-protein interactionsZheng Yu Wang
Faculty of Science, Ibaraki University, Mito 310 8512, Japan
Biochemistry 46:3635-42. 2007..The overall structure of the PufX is very similar to those of the LH1 alpha- and beta-polypeptides from Rhodospirillum rubrum and LH2 polypeptides...
- Possible pathway for ubiquinone shuttling in Rhodospirillum rubrum revealed by molecular dynamics simulationA Aird
Institute of Physics, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Biophys J 92:23-33. 2007..concerned the assembly of the core complex consisting of the reaction center (RC) and the light-harvesting 1 (LH1) complex...
- Organization in photosynthetic membranes of purple bacteria in vivo: the role of carotenoidsSandrine E D'Haene
Biophysics of photosynthesis Physics of Energy, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Faculty of Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1081, Amsterdam 1081 HV, The Netherlands Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1837:1665-73. 2014..Here we report on the influence of carotenoid composition on the organization of RC-LH1 pigment-protein complexes in intact membranes and cells of Rhodobacter sphaeroides...
- Structure of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides light-harvesting 1 beta subunit in detergent micellesPaul L Sorgen
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Biochemistry 41:31-41. 2002The light harvesting 1 antenna (LH1) complex from Rhodobacter sphaeroides funnels excitation energy to the photosynthetic reaction center...
- The photosynthetic apparatus of Rhodopseudomonas palustris: structures and organizationSimon Scheuring
Institut Curie, UMR CNRS 168, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Mol Biol 358:83-96. 2006..The core-complex is observed to contain a reaction centre (RC) surrounded by an elliptical assembly of 15 LH1 subunits and a "gap" attributed to the W-subunit...
- Explaining the visible and near-infrared circular dichroism spectra of light-harvesting 1 complexes from purple bacteria: a modeling studySofia Georgakopoulou
Department of Biophysics and Physics of Complex Systems, Vrije Universiteit, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Phys Chem B 110:3344-53. 2006..investigate the origin and characteristics of the circular dichroism (CD) spectrum of various light-harvesting 1 (LH1) complexes...
- Glycosylation catalyzed by lysyl hydroxylase 3 is essential for basement membranesHeli Ruotsalainen
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, FI 90014 Oulu, Finland
J Cell Sci 119:625-35. 2006b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) is a multifunctional enzyme possessing lysyl hydroxylase (LH), hydroxylysyl galactosyltransferase (GT) and galactosylhydroxylysyl glucosyltransferase (GGT) activities in vitro...
- Band structure and local dynamics of excitons in bacterial light-harvesting complexes revealed by spectrally selective spectroscopyMargus Rätsep
Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Riia 142, Tartu, 51014, Estonia
Photosynth Res 86:37-48. 2005Hole-burned absorption and line-narrowed fluorescence spectra are studied at 5 K in wild type and mutant LH1 and LH2 antenna preparations from the photosynthetic purple bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroides...
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIB with characteristic facies, decreased curvatures of the spinal column, and joint contractures in two unrelated girlsTomoki Kosho
Department of Medical Genetics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Med Genet A 138:282-7. 2005..b>Lysyl hydroxylase deficiency was ruled out in Patient 1. Parental consanguinity was present in Patient 2...
- Photoprotection in a purple phototrophic bacterium mediated by oxygen-dependent alteration of carotenoid excited-state propertiesVáclav Slouf
Faculty of Science, University of South Bohemia, Branisovska 31, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8570-5. 2012..ultrafast transient absorption spectroscopy on membranes containing reaction center-light-harvesting 1-PufX (RC-LH1-PufX) complexes and showed that when oxygen is present the incorporation of the keto group into spheroidene, ..
- Overexpression of lysyl hydroxylase-2b leads to defective collagen fibrillogenesis and matrix mineralizationSuchaya Pornprasertsuk
Dental Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7455, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:81-7. 2005....
- Experimental evidence that the membrane-spanning helix of PufX adopts a bent conformation that facilitates dimerisation of the Rhodobacter sphaeroides RC-LH1 complex through N-terminal interactionsEmma C Ratcliffe
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1807:95-107. 2011..The PufX polypeptide is an integral component of some photosynthetic bacterial reaction center-light harvesting 1 (RC-LH1) core complexes...
- PITX2 regulates procollagen lysyl hydroxylase (PLOD) gene expression: implications for the pathology of Rieger syndromeT A Hjalt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Cell Biol 152:545-52. 2001..The mouse procollagen lysyl hydroxylase (Plod)-2 gene was enriched for by chromatin precipitation using a PITX2/Pitx2-specific antibody...
- Molecular architecture of photosynthetic membranes in Rhodobacter sphaeroides: the role of PufXC Alistair Siebert
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research, Sheffield, UK
EMBO J 23:690-700. 2004..Purified tubular membranes contain helical arrays composed solely of dimeric RC-LH1-PufX (RC, reaction centre; LH, light harvesting) complexes with apparently open LH1 rings...
- The kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (type VI): differential effects on the hydroxylation of lysine in collagens I and II revealed by analysis of cross-linked telopeptides from urineDavid Eyre
Orthopaedic Research Laboratories, University of Washington, Box 356500, Seattle, WA 98195 6500, USA
Mol Genet Metab 76:211-6. 2002..VIA) (OMIM 225400) is an autosomal recessive connective tissue disorder that results from mutations in the lysyl hydroxylase 1 gene (PLOD1) causing underhydroxylation of lysine residues in tissue collagens, particularly of skin...
- Maternal obesity enhances collagen accumulation and cross-linking in skeletal muscle of ovine offspringYan Huang
Developmental Biology Group, Department of Animal Science, Center for the Study of Fetal Programming, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31691. 2012..4% and 36.3 ± 9.9% (P<0.05) in LD and ST muscle of OB group respectively. Expression of lysyl oxidase, lysyl hydroxylase-2b (LH2b) and prolyl 4-hydroxylase (P4HA) was higher in OB LD and ST muscle...
- Mitochondrial DNA restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) and 18S small-subunit ribosomal DNA PCR-RFLP analyses of Acanthamoeba isolated from contact lens storage cases of residents in southwestern KoreaHyun Hee Kong
Department of Parasitology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Taegu, Korea
J Clin Microbiol 40:1199-206. 2002..polymorphism (RFLP) and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) RFLP analyses to 43 Acanthamoeba environmental isolates (KA/LH1 to KA/LH43) from contact lens storage cases in southwestern Korea...
- Recurrent lipoma-like hibernomaVincent M Moretti
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19106 6192, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 39:E57-60. 2010..Our patient was a 56-year-old man whose painful lipoma-like hibernoma (LLH) in the pelvis/buttock was initially treated with marginal excision 15 years earlier...
- Recruitment of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) to the Fibroblast Cell Surface by Lysyl Hydroxylase 3 (LH3) Triggers Transforming Growth Factor-β (TGF-β) Activation and Fibroblast DifferentiationCynthia Dayer
From the Division of Experimental Pathology, Institute of Pathology, CHUV, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Rue du Bugnon 25, Lausanne CH1011, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 290:13763-78. 2015..occurs through its fibronectin-like (FN) domain and that the molecule responsible for the recruitment is lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3)...
- Proteomic analysis of the action of the Mycobacterium ulcerans toxin mycolactone: targeting host cells cytoskeleton and collagenJosé B Gama
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal ICVS 3B s PT Government Associate Laboratory, Braga Guimarães, Portugal
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8:e3066. 2014....
- Valence subband coupling effect on polarization of spontaneous emissions from Al-rich AlGaN/AlN quantum wellsHuimin Lu
The State Key Laboratory for Mesoscopic Physics, School of Physics, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Opt Express 20:27384-92. 2012..Especially the valence subband coupling could be strong enough when CH1 is close to HH1 and LH1 subbands to modulate the critical Al content switching dominant emissions from TE to TM polarization...
- Energy transfer in light-adapted photosynthetic membranes: from active to saturated photosynthesisFrancesca Fassioli
Clarendon Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Biophys J 97:2464-73. 2009In bacterial photosynthesis light-harvesting complexes, LH2 and LH1 absorb sunlight energy and deliver it to reaction centers (RCs) with extraordinarily high efficiency...
- Lysyl hydroxylase 3 modifies lysine residues to facilitate oligomerization of mannan-binding lectinMaija Risteli
Faculty of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Department of Diagnostics and Oral Medicine, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Medical Research Center Oulu, Oulu University Hospital and University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
PLoS ONE 9:e113498. 2014b>Lysyl hydroxylase 3 (LH3) is a multifunctional protein with lysyl hydroxylase, galactosyltransferase and glucosyltransferase activities...
- Mutation in cyclophilin B that causes hyperelastosis cutis in American Quarter Horse does not affect peptidylprolyl cis-trans isomerase activity but shows altered cyclophilin B-protein interactions and affects collagen foldingYoshihiro Ishikawa
Research Department, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 287:22253-65. 2012..The mutation disrupts the interaction of cyclophilin B with the P-domain of calreticulin, with lysyl hydroxylase 1, and probably other proteins, such as the formation of the P3H1·CypB·cartilage-associated protein ..
- Mutations in FKBP10 cause recessive osteogenesis imperfecta and Bruck syndromeBrian P Kelley
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:666-72. 2011..in addition to bone fragility; Bruck syndrome type 2 is caused by mutations in PLOD2 encoding collagen lysyl hydroxylase, whereas Bruck syndrome type 1 has been mapped to chromosome 17, with evidence suggesting region 17p12, but ..
- Efficiency of light harvesting in a photosynthetic bacterium adapted to different levels of lightKõu Timpmann
Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Riia 142, Tartu 51014, Estonia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1837:1835-46. 2014..unit as well as the dependence of exciton trapping efficiency on the ratio of the peripheral LH2 and core LH1 antenna complexes, and on the wavelength of the excitation light...
- Development of a convenient peptide-based assay for lysyl hydroxylaseMare Cudic
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431 0991, USA
Biopolymers 90:330-8. 2008..b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH) catalyzes the hydroxylation of the C-5 position of a Lys residue, resulting in the production of Hyl...
- Stabilization of charge separation and cardiolipin confinement in antenna-reaction center complexes purified from Rhodobacter sphaeroidesManuela Dezi
Dipartimento di Biologia, Laboratorio di Biochimica e Biofisica, Universita di Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:1041-56. 2007The reaction center-light harvesting complex 1 (RC-LH1) purified from the photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroides has been studied with respect to the kinetics of charge recombination and to the phospholipid and ubiquinone (UQ) ..
- Genetic analysis and fine mapping of LH1 and LH2, a set of complementary genes controlling late heading in rice (Oryza sativa L.)Shuang Liu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Breed Sci 62:310-9. 2012..A set of dominant complementary genes controlling late heading, designated LH1 and LH2, were detected by molecular marker mapping...
- Light-harvesting complexes from purple sulfur bacteria Allochromatium minutissimum assembled without carotenoidsA A Moskalenko
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Russia
J Photochem Photobiol B 108:1-7. 2012..From DPA-grown cultures it was possible to isolate Car-less both the LH1 (as LH1-RC complex) and the LH2 complexes...
- Transcriptional profiling of rapamycin-treated fibroblasts from hypertrophic and keloid scarsVictor W Wong
From the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR and Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Ann Plast Surg 72:711-9. 2014..Blockade of mTOR specifically impaired fibroblast expression of the collagen biosynthesis genes PLOD, PCOLCE, and P4HA, targets significantly overexpressed in HTS and keloid scars...
- Fluorescence micro-spectroscopy study of individual photosynthetic membrane vesicles and light-harvesting complexesKristjan Leiger
Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Riia 142, Tartu 51014, Estonia
J Phys Chem B 117:9315-26. 2013..vesicles of the wild type purple bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroides that involve peripheral (LH2) and core (RC-LH1-PufX) antenna pigment-protein complexes were investigated at ambient temperature under continuous-wave laser ..
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the peripheral light-harvesting complex LH2 from Marichromatium purpuratumLaura J Cranston
Institute of Molecular Cell and Systems Biology, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre, 120 University Place, Glasgow G12 8TA, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun 70:808-13. 2014..an integral membrane pigment-protein complex that is involved in harvesting light energy and transferring it to the LH1-RC `core' complex...
- Differential assembly of polypeptides of the light-harvesting 2 complex encoded by distinct operons during acclimation of Rhodobacter sphaeroides to low light intensityKamil Woronowicz
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Busch Campus, 604 Allison Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8082, USA
Photosynth Res 108:201-14. 2011..Bands containing the LH2 and reaction center (RC)-LH1 complexes were excised and subjected to in-gel trypsin digestion followed by liquid chromatography (LC)-mass ..
- Selective recruitment of membrane protein complexes onto gold substrates patterned by dip-pen nanolithographyRamunas Valiokas
Division of Molecular Physics, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Linkoping University, S 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Langmuir 22:3456-60. 2006..which contains photosynthetic core complexes consisting of the reaction center and the light-harvesting complex LH1. The selective recruitment to the patterned domains, governed primarily by electrostatic interactions, is confirmed ..
- Immunohistochemical analysis of estrogen receptors in breast carcinomas using monoclonal antibodies that recognize different domains of the receptor moleculeG Santeusanio
Universita degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Rome, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 8:275-84. 2000..was performed in 46 primary breast carcinomas using four monoclonal antibodies (MABs) to ER (AER311, ER1D5, LH1, and LH2), each of which recognizes a distinct domain of the receptor protein...
- [Ectothiorhodosinus mongolicum gen. nov., sp. nov.,--a new purple sulfur bacterium from soda lake in Mongolia]V M Gorlenko
Institute of Microbiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, pr 60 letiya Oktyabrya 7, k 2, Moscow, 117312 Russi
Mikrobiologiia 73:80-8. 2004..The main carotenoid (> 96%) is spirilloxanthin. Two typical light-harvesting complexes (LH1 and LH2) are present in the membranes in a 1:1 ratio...
- Interactions stabilizing the structure of the core light-harvesting complex (LH1) of photosynthetic bacteria and its subunit (B820)Pamela S Parkes-Loach
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Hogan Hall, Room 2 100, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Biochemistry 43:7003-16. 2004Reconstitution experiments with a chemically synthesized core light-harvesting (LH1) beta-polypeptide analogue having 3-methylhistidine instead of histidine in the position that normally donates the coordinating ligand to ..
- Functional expression and characterization of a bacterial light-harvesting membrane protein in Escherichia coli and cell-free synthesis systemsYuichiro Shimada
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1942-8. 2004..coli extracts. The alpha-apoprotein of LH1 complex from purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum was overexpressed as a recombinant protein with ..
- In vitro reconstitution of the core and peripheral light-harvesting complexes of Rhodospirillum molischianum from separately isolated componentsJ B Todd
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Biochemistry 37:17458-68. 1998In most purple bacteria, the core light-harvesting complex (LH1) differs from the peripheral light-harvesting complex (LH2) in spectral properties and amino acid sequences. In Rhodospirillum (Rs...
- Nevo syndrome is allelic to the kyphoscoliotic type of the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIA)Cecilia Giunta
Division of Metabolism and Molecular Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital, Steinwiesstrasse 75, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Med Genet A 133:158-64. 2005..Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIA), an inherited connective tissue disorder characterized by a deficiency of lysyl hydroxylase due to mutations in PLOD1, we studied seven patients with Nevo syndrome, three of whom have previously been ..
- The puhE gene of Rhodobacter capsulatus is needed for optimal transition from aerobic to photosynthetic growth and encodes a putative negative modulator of bacteriochlorophyll productionMuktak Aklujkar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, 300 6174 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Arch Biochem Biophys 437:186-98. 2005..The amount of the photosynthetic reaction centre (RC) and its core antenna, light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1), was reduced; however, there was no decrease in expression of a lacZ reporter fused to the puf (RC and LH1) ..
- Solution structures of the core light-harvesting alpha and beta polypeptides from Rhodospirillum rubrum: implications for the pigment-protein and protein-protein interactionsZheng Yu Wang
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Aramaki Aza, Aoba, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
J Mol Biol 347:465-77. 2005We have determined the solution structures of the core light-harvesting (LH1) alpha and beta-polypeptides from wild-type purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum using multidimensional NMR spectroscopy...
- Decreased expression of lysyl hydroxylase 2 (LH2) in skin fibroblasts from three Ehlers-Danlos patients does not result from mutations in either the coding or proximal promoter region of the LH2 geneL C Walker
Division of Dermatology, Duke University Medical Ctr, Durham, NC, USA
Mol Genet Metab 83:312-21. 2004..These patients have significantly decreased levels of lysyl hydroxylase (LH) activity, due to mutations in the LH1 gene...
- The PuhB protein of Rhodobacter capsulatus functions in photosynthetic reaction center assembly with a secondary effect on light-harvesting complex 1Muktak Aklujkar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, 300 6174 University Blvd, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Bacteriol 187:1334-43. 2005..as Rhodobacter capsulatus consists of a reaction center (RC) intimately associated with light-harvesting complex 1 (LH1) and the PufX polypeptide...
- Minoxidil exerts different inhibitory effects on gene expression of lysyl hydroxylase 1, 2, and 3: implications for collagen cross-linking and treatment of fibrosisAnne Marie Zuurmond
TNO Quality of Life, Biomedical Research, Department of Tissue Repair, P O Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Matrix Biol 24:261-70. 2005..Based on its inhibitory effect on lysyl hydroxylase activity minoxidil has been postulated to possess anti-fibrotic properties by limiting the hydroxylysine ..
- Phenotypic variability of the kyphoscoliotic type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS VIA): clinical, molecular and biochemical delineationMarianne Rohrbach
Division of Metabolism, University Children s Hospital and Children s Research Centre, Zurich, Switzerland
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:46. 2011..OMIM 225400) is a rare inheritable connective tissue disorder characterized by a deficiency of collagen lysyl hydroxylase 1 (LH1; EC 126.96.36.199) due to mutations in PLOD1...
- Variation in supramolecular organisation of the photosynthetic membrane of Rhodobacter sphaeroides induced by alteration of PufXKinga Sznee
Division of Physics and Astronomy, Faculty of Sciences, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Photosynth Res 119:243-56. 2014In purple bacteria of the genus Rhodobacter (Rba.), an LH1 antenna complex surrounds the photochemical reaction centre (RC) with a PufX protein preventing the LH1 complex from completely encircling the RC. In membranes of Rba...
- Characterization of collagenous peptides bound to lysyl hydroxylase isoformsMaija Risteli
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, P O Box 3000, FIN 90014, University of Oulu, Finland
J Biol Chem 279:37535-43. 2004b>Lysyl hydroxylase (LH, EC 188.8.131.52) is the enzyme catalyzing the formation of hydroxylysyl residues in collagens and other proteins with collagenous domains...
- Collagen remodeling and tumor progressionValerie Marie Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2013..The lysyl oxidase and lysyl hydroxylase family of enzymes are also expressed in the stroma where they cross-link collagen fibrils to enhance the ..
- Collagen Glycosylation, Maturation and MineralizationMitsuo Yamauchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most recently we have demonstrated that lysyl hydroxylase 3 functions as GGT and, possibly, glycosyltransferase 25 family member 1 (GLT25D1) as GT for bone type I ..
- SKIN REACTION TO LIGHT--NORMAL, PHOTOSENSITIVITY, CANCERMADHUKAR PATHAK; Fiscal Year: 1992..determination of Type I and III collagen, cross-links and collagen, changes in 4-OH-prolyl-4'- hydroxylase, lysyl hydroxylase, desmosine, isodesmosine, and proteoglycans and evaluation of the role of certain free radical scavengers ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..for the cross-linking process and the level of hydroxylation varies among tissues, Lysyl oxidase and lysyl hydroxylase are two enzymes involved in the early steps of the cross-linking process...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN HUMAN SKIN FIBROBLASTSSheldon Pinnell; Fiscal Year: 1999..mechanisms responsible for: (1) Inhibition of collagen synthesis by benzoic hydrazide; and (2) inhibition of lysyl hydroxylase expression by minoxidil...
- LUNG COLLAGEN CROSSLINKING--BIOSYNTHESIS AND MATURATIONJerold Last; Fiscal Year: 1992..collagen" from "normal collagen" in the lung; (ii) that this difference is mediated by increased activity of lysyl hydroxylase in the (pre)fibrotic lung; and (iii) that once crosslinked, "fibrotic collagen" in the lung is not subject ..
- REGULATION OF COLLAGEN MATRIX MINERALIZATIONMitsuo Yamauchi; Fiscal Year: 2007..To establish osteoblastic cell clones that synthesize low levels of lysyl hydroxylase-2 to switch the cross-linking pathway from mineralized to non-mineralized tissue phenotype, 1b...
- Phase 3A of a 3-phase 1.3-GHz LTS/HTS NMR magnetYUKIKAZU NA IWASA; Fiscal Year: 2013..3 GHz LTS/HTS NMR magnet (LH1.3G)...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF MEMBRANE PROTEIN BY SSNMRAnn McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2001..and side-chain chemical shifts of hydrated micro-crystalline U-13C, 15N BPTI and of the intrinsic membrane protein, LH1. Typical 13C peak linewidths are 0...
- Structural Studies of Photosynthetic Membrane ProteinsMATTHEW CRADDOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..understanding of this efficiency is a detailed structural knowledge of the major components of the antenna system, LH1, LH2, and the Reaction Center (RC), which are all membrane proteins...
- MEMBRANE PROTEINS--STRUCTURE, DYNAMICS AND STABILITYCRAIG SCHENCK; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>LH1 protein, a 200 kD hetero-oligomeric membrane protein from photoheterotrophic eubacteria, undergoes multiple ..
- CLIENTS WHO SEEK ON-LINE DRUG TREATMENTMAMIE WONG; Fiscal Year: 2003..Without this "cultural competence," investigators may plod forth with increasingly complex studies that yield equally complex findings, with unknown generalizability to ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF LYSYL HYDROXYLASE ISOFORMS IN SKINHeather Yeowell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identity of the telopeptide lysyl hydroxylase therefore becomes important to establish...
- TWO CANDIDATE GENES LINKED TO LOW BONE DENSITYLORETTA SPOTILA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two candidate genes located within this interval are PLOD, the gene for lysyl hydroxylase, and TNFR2, the gene for tumor necrosis factor-alpha receptor 2...
- COLLAGEN CROSS-LINKING IN SKELETAL AGING AND DISEASEDavid R Eyre; Fiscal Year: 2010..In parallel with basic tissue studies, collagen fragments in urine are being examined by similar methods as potential non-invasive biomarkers of a patient's bone and joint health. ..
- ACTIVATION OF TONGUE MUSCLES IN OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEADominique Durand; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that the experimental delineation and validation of these methods will lead to a design of a neuroprosthetic device for the treatment of OSA. ..
- Collagen type II/IX/XI heteropolymer assemblyRUSSELL FERNANDES; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WNT PROTEINS IN ADULT, AGED AND OSTEOARTHRITIC CARTILAGEKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will also provide a solid foundation for future research on Wnts in cartilage biology. ..
- Analysis & Control of Non-Synaptic Epileptiform ActivityDominique Durand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of our studies should provide valuable insight into mechanisms underlying epileptogenesis as well as new tools for the control and suppression of epileptic seizures. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATORS OF CHONDROINDUCTION BY DBPKaren Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine which DBP-regulated transcription factors are necessary and/or sufficient for postnatal chondrogenesis. This proposed work would have a high impact of design of strategies for repair and/or regeneration of cartilage. ..